Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 04:08 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
OK ladies, when I recover $$ from this house work or start more hours at the pooper scooper job I will have tto buy a red dress! I will never go anywhere to wear it (I can always wear it to the hardware store instead of my paint clothes wouldn't that be fun! ), but...I can wear it every February with my little red dress pin! See, I BEAT heart disease completely! Well I have a little stint 13mm long tht opened a90% blockage but the last CATH I had my doc said I have he heart of a 20 yr old kid & released me! Since that was about 3 years ago I guess I am still 23 not 33 as I claim unless I want my senior discount

Susan I am so proud of you za happy for you! You have come so far is such a short time. I don't think a few berries will cause that kind of weight gain. I don't count a gain unless it has been there CONSISTENTLY for 7 days! It is water! Your body is re-adjusting to fruits! It has to figure it out! You might try just a few (like frozen) berries or something every day to ease ithem back in. I suggest frozen cause they won't spoil on you. I love pineapple half thawed - just a few pieces ~ so cold & sweet. 2 ot three is all I need! Strawberries & blackberries the same.

Don't worry! Dukie knows his stuff & you know your body! Listen to it. Mine talks to me all the time like when it saod "Dummy, you knew LJS was LOADED with salt! Why did ja eat 2 pieces & the crumbles!!!!"

Dance & MissA - we just love you ladies from across "the pond" ! Love that term! It brings us so much closer than if it were an ocean. It is so cool to learn how different your culture is from ours. Never aet in public (on the street). I cand remember when Americans WERENT Eating on the street or IN OUR CARS! Egad! If most families (people) couldn't eat in their cars there would be starvation in the USA on a massive scale !

I hope everyone gets to feeling better! My round-to-it got rolling & things got done. Bought wrong kind of primer (oil) & son opened & used some while I was @ doggie day care. The house still stinks @ 5am! Great for eating I couldn't stand to cook so just fixed eggs. Put me 1 day behind on my painting but I need the rest anywsy! Will get correct primer today (It is 5am)

Amber glad tushy is some better!

Blessings!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-11-2012 at 04:16 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning!

Sun is shining today and it is the 2nd day of the coldest temp this winter! Not complaining it hasbeen great! My heat bill for Dec was only $220 but I am ALL electric- so that wss everything! Jan will be less- just read my meter. Of course it will prolly go way over $300 when everyone moves in but I only haave topay my basic $125 (budget billing) & son will be responsible for the rest. His budget is $275 monthly so he will be saving money at that! I hope

I didn't do something last night that I will NEVER NOT DO AGAIN! Forgot to take my muscle relaxer. Sometimes I hope I don't need that junk then pay the price! I had a dream my left leg was in terrible screaming painful spasms & my low back was responding in kind. I was jumping in pain trying to straighten my leg & couldn't get relief. IT WAS SAD when I realized I was asleep but it wasn't a dream. That was 2 hours ago & I can finally walk but it will be a while before I can wash/wipe walls to ready for the RED paint on Kristen's walls! Only 3 though, the other one will be white... 2 colors in each room! Makes the rooms appear & me feel less colsed in...my choice & Jon didn't complain. His bright blue & yellow room is enough to wake you up in the morning. Not depressing & that is good! Probably the cheeriest room in the house!

Jon told the kids Fri night they are moving here for about 3 years til they find a new house. I can't tell you how thrilled they were! They were complaining they don't get to see dad cause he is always here working on days off & so he finally told them why. I am glad they finally know - now we can talk about it & get excited together!

166.0 this morning- haven't seen the 164.6 form about 10 days ago but it is there. Down 5lbs from Jan 1 so this is a good thing! I am not in a hurry! Got the rest of my life (another 100 years here) but 159.9 would be nice by the end of the Honey Badger Challenge. I wonder !!!

When my vegies are gone I think I will do PP for another 4 days & see what happens! I don't think if my body goes back to thinking it is an Indy 500 race car I won't put the breaks on just keep doing my PV days & see how I feel.

I have some ladies 14 Average pull on slacks if anyone wants them. They aren't pricy but built for ladies. Get all my slacks from K-mart Chic brand as they fit like I like them. Black, White, Tan (they have worn more cause I used them for work). Donno know if there are any other colors. Sorry no tops- I pass them to Becky (she has a lot going for her topside) Anyway let me know if you know anyone who needs them.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-12-2012 at 06:57 AM..
Old 02-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Good morning girls!!!

Iam- oh yeah that is what your should do get that red dress and go to Lowes!!!No one would know you!!!

We had a big snow! Little icy out now, funny they were calling for it Fri night, we got a little, no word abotu it yesterday and we got quite a bit! Going to go looka t houses today since we have both kids, the walls are tight here!! We need a bigger place!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a plan! I will get a little red dress, fix my hair & get "cleaned up real good" as they say here in KY & grab a cart & walk around Lowes. You are right...they won't have a clue...

How was the house hunting! I would rather move than look! We prolly looked 0 45 houses when Jon was looking for his & about that many when I looked for mine. The real estste agent we had for Jon actually got fed yp with us & QUIT! I kept asking her about a yellow house in town she saod it had a contract on it. After she quit I contacted the listing agent on they yellow house & He moved in about 2 months later! Mine Ifinally told the agent to quit takeing me to see shacks! Either find what I want or I will find someone else! Next house he took me to late @ night I made an offer on and 15 days I was sleeping there. New owner. So have fun looking! I you have better success than I did!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Glad to hear the grandkids are excited about moving in with you Faithful. I would think that would be a big change for you, but a fun one.

Here is a recipe I copied from Dukan Facebook. Think I'll go home and try it out. I love lemon and custard and that's what this sounds like.

Jade Peacock
Lemon desert
2 egg
2tbsp sweetner
1 rind and juice of lemon
Put in pan and gently warm till it get very thick and stir continually. will take about 5 min. take off heat and add 4tbsp of ff greek yogurt. stir till well mixed and divide into 2 bowls, put in fridge to chill. Will keep in fridge for up to 4 days.
LikeUnlike ·
Old 02-13-2012, 04:27 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

that sound so good. I ran out of Fage this weekend. Made some strawberry for electrician for wifeys birthday & she loved it! (SF Jello mixed in) so I made some for Jon yday (peach) gone in an instant! I need to get more lemon as that seems to be my favorite.

Electrician took his home put in a chocolate grayham crust topped with aome whip cream & put in freezer for 2 hours. He topped with a few berries & she had no idea te filling was Greek yogurt. How inventive he was. Think I will try yours whem I get some.

Still @ 166 today. Jon brought me a huge bag of things to juice. Since I am not a wasteful person I guess it will be a few more days before I push the PP for another 4 days. Guessing I need the added micro-nutrients. He brought me a few thinkgs he juices bit I never have (he is tired of being chained to his juicer for a while-such a busy dad & hubby) like a mango & fennel bulb. Should be interesting adds! But I now have 5lbs of carrots & another huge batch of kale! Whoopie!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-13-2012 at 04:34 AM..
Old 02-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #67

Hye did you get the package??? Did you try the stuff??? OMG if youc an swallow that I will be amazed, LOL

THanks for all your support, I am so bad at texting my darn nails get in the way, LOL It takes me forever, dont want you to think I dont care, LOL I just cant type!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, yes! I thought I told you!.
Tried the greens in water & it was like drinking sand paper. Dehydrated greens just don't rehydrate well... But mixed in with my green & sometimes red juice if I add a beet piece, it does quite well. Your kefir grains & a check for postage should get to you today. Maybe?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #69

Happy V-day lovers of Dukie!!!!

IAm was kind enough to send me kefir grains strange little buggers but I am having hope, and tonight I try it!!!! So I am going to have a positive outlook was reading up on them, good stuff!!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

166.4 still there! That is a good thing!

Son brought me lots of fruit & vegies to juice & LOTS of kale. Will have to wait til next week to go PP & put a push on again!

Blessings! Have a terrific week!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

I tried the kefir grains for a few weeks, but found I couldn't eat as much as I was making. Never totally learned to like it. It does make a good salad dressing with some additions.

Weight today is 152, so doen 1 pound from last week. That is exactly what I'm trying to do now that I'm on preconsolidation. I've been staying with the chia seeds daily. Also ate fruit 3 times this week and also having a little chocolate treat daily with 1 square of unsweetened chocholate, 1/2 TB of coconut oil and 2 o fat free cream cheese with a little sweetener. It really helps my sweet tooth to have that to look forward to at the end of the day. I also made the lemon dessert recipe a couple times and really like it. Afraid I'm never to going to be able to get rid of the artioficial sweeteners. I just like that sweet taste too much. I am trying to use more stevia and like it mixed half and half with Slenda.

Faithful, I am going to get that pkg mailed soon. Just haven't gotten to the PO yet with the 13" of snow we got. Going to the doctor today so will be interesting to see how much weight I've lost since last year.

m
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Susan- be careful driving! You are doing so well on consolidation! I am waiting for all these vegies to be juices so I can go back to PP. If it (I have no reason to doubt) sends my body into overdrive, I am going to let it run it's course. Sincrle I lost height for my BMI to be right it needs to be 147 but Dukie says 161.

The fact you are @ 152 says I can get to 147 so that is in my mind... Wonder if the flab will be gone at that weight. I accidentally saw my self in Bdaysuite in a mirror & I sure don't look like I did when I was 18J looked like an old lady & I am only old when it comes to a senior discount & having fellas carry my construction stuff (when I want)

I got s really terrific buy today! Foiund coconut milk for $1 a can-bought 21 & will go back next trip to town to see if they have more. Making some fresh coffee now so I can use it

Forgot about the package... No hurry! even forgot about it.

Do you still have your grains? They will keep almost indefinitely in fridge if you just change out the milk every 2 weks then you will have a smaller supply of Kefir because it will kefir in the fridge. I love mine that way but drink too much to make it that slow. I let it sit out then let it kefir without grains for several days in fridge. Yep! Add ranch dressing mix or any drydressing mix & it is terrific! Hopefully you can still find a way to get it into your body. Amber sent me an article re Kefir that I will try to forward to you. Great read! Good stuff!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #73

I tried them, I didnt love the taste plain, but I added my protein powder and ice and hit it in the magic bullet and it was fine, All morning I kept thinking I would yak up sour milk, but I didn't!!!! LOL SO I have a coconut milk going now, good to know about the grains, I might be too out of it when I have surgery to fuss with it, and I dont want to kill them. I am going to start with 2 cups a day and see how I do, it made me very hungry but I am not eating, I am thinking maybe I am hungry cause it is chewing up a bunch of crud sitting in my gut? LOL

I will take this over Kombucha, LOL My co-worker was telling me about a goat farmer near me, an old man that makes kefir and sells raw goat milk, he might be dead though, but he is going to look for the number!
Old 02-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

OOOOOH! Raw goat milk kefir! That has to be a winner! But now you can make your own.

Strange it made you hungry? Fills me up! Kefir will get better over the next few days. & you will want to store some up in fridge for post surgery days so you have a supply to drink. Don't want the gut to die out during recovery. I really liked the article you sent. Going to forward it to Susan. Blessings!
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #75

Do you think I can find that article now, LOL I cannot bring it up
Old 02-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

I will PM it back to you!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

I still have the kefir in the refrigerator, but haven't given them any fresh milk for a few months, so doubt they can be saved. May give it a try.

After mailing the pkg today, I went to Chipotles and had my first reward meal. Steak burrito bowl with rice, black beans, fajita veggies, fresh salsa, sour cream and lettuce. Yummy! I was tempted to get the corn chips but decided that by body might not be ale to handle that many carbs at once. Glad I skipped them because I was just full without being stuffed. Skipped dessert but went home and made a little chocolate treat.

My doctor was happy with my weight loss. She is going to let me go off Lipitor for a month before I have my blood work done. Also get to half my blood pressure pills. I could have gone off them as far as my blood pressure goes, but they really help keep me from getting headaches and any time I have tried to go off them in the past I have ended up with migraines, so just plan to stay on them.

Great price on the coconut milk. I got some last week to make some ice cream with, but haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #78

Susan=super about the meds!!!! And yeah for a reward meal!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

My I enjoied esting your reward meal with you as I read about it! Don't be surprised it your fingers are swollen this morning because of the hidden sodium in the meal. It is to be expected (isnt it lousy when we still have to "pay" for rewards?) Hope that didn't happen to you but it ALWAYS does for me-I am so sensitive to sodium.

Last night I made a really terrific treat.
Took equal parts of VCO, Cocoa Powder, Unflavored FF Greek yogurt, Honey, a few drops of peppermint oil & some vanilla. Next time I will leave out the honey & use the sweetner of my choice to taste. Here is what I did.
Partially filled a larger bowl with very hot water. Put a smaller bowl in & let it warm slightly. Add VCO, stir to melt. Add cocoa powder, yogurt stir in ~ then add honey (sweetner to taste would work better) stir in. Add vanilla & peppermint. Turn into parchment or Foil lined pan the right size for amount you made & chill in fridge. Cut into squares & keep in fridge for a special treat!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-16-2012 at 07:16 AM..
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #80

That dessert sounds tasty!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Put my little chocolate piecesbin the fridge & it is like taking a bite of GS Thin Mints without all the carbs! love thin mints-now I can eat the "taste" whenever I want
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #82

I have a high protein bar that tastes just like thin mints, I love them, I will send you one-- I keep in the freezer like I used to keep the GS cookies in there, I avoid all cookies this year it was hard!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Our GS cookies aren't here yet (6 boxes) They will go in pantry in garage wen I get it set up again. Thanks for the offer but if I like them you may have to keep sending to me! My daughter started getting me the Bakers Bitter Sweet chocolats & I had her pick someup for me every time she went to Evansville. Since it was under $3 she would never take $$$ from me. I got boxes free for almost 2 years til I found them @ Big Lots for 25˘. Still have 1 box left in freezer...think I bought 40 as that was all they had.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:29 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Faithful, that dessert does sound really good. I'm going to try making some chocolate mint ice cream when I get home in the morning and will share the recipe if it turns out.
Thankfully, I'm not salt sensitive and I did go ahead and get weighed today and was only up 1.2 pounds. My guess that is from the 51 carbs at once that the reward meal figured out to. Wed. is normally my lowest weight of the week since I have every Tues night off and usually celebrate by sleep about 12 hours after being up about 20. I also make sure I'm good and cleaned out (TMI, I know) so I'm feeling like the reward meal didn't do any harm at all. May just repeat the same thing next week with chicken or pork instead of steak. Chipoltes is a favorite of mine and I could easily eat it once a week.

Speaking of GS cookies, years ago I was during Diet Center and hadn't cheated in about 6 month until I ordered some GS cookies from a little neighbor girl. They came and I ate 2 boxes all at once. Made me so sick I haven't gorged on them since. Now I just don't order any from anyone.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #85

Here is a news clip that IA found about Kefir:

Health Benefits of Kefir - Fox News Video - Fox News
Old 02-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, the desert is more like a mint fudge. You can leave out the mint. It didn't call for yogurt but I put in some Fage cause it is so thick & to add protein. In the freezer it is good as well as fridge. Next time I will make it with sweetner of choice to taste AFTER I combine everything. The reason for the hot waste in a bowl is to keep the VCO from setting up too fast. I bet this would be good with some coconut or chia seeds in it for texture.

Amber, talking to Jesus today about the buyer for your house. Let us know how it goes- silly me! Of course you will post about it! We are like family to you!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 02-17-2012 at 04:42 AM..
Old 02-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Got all ready to try the ice cream recipe today and couldn't find the rock salt I had bought epecially to make it. Went ahead and mixed everything together with some ice and just had a nice chocolate mint smoothie instead. Here's the recipe for the ice cream. I think I may have originally found the recipe here on LCF. I like that it make such a nice small one person serving. I used 1 TB cocoa powder and 1/4 tsp peppermint extract in place of the vanilla and I used light coconut milk instead of the almond milk.

Low Carb Ice Cream

1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup half and half
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 PKg Truvia or other sweetener

Mix all together in a small ziplock bag. Then put in a gallon sized zip lock bag about half full of ice mixed with 1/4 cup rock salt. Shake for 5 minutes. Have some cold water ready to rinse the salt off the small bag before you open it. Open and eat right away.

I went thrift store shopping after work this morning. Not ready to spend much on clothes yet and I found some great deals. 4 tops, 2 pairs slacks and a really nice looking 3/4 length Kenneth Cole down filled parka. All for about $40. The slacks are size 10s. One pair fit perfectly and the other pair will fit after I get about 5 more pounds off. I started out trying on 14s and 12s and they were too large. Half the tops are large and half medium. With my bust size I don't think I'll ever be a small.

Last edited by stilldews; 02-17-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Old 02-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #88

Yeah on the shopping! Susan I got a little ice cream maker at Target it was $20 you might like that since you like icecream, you put the stuff in the bowl in the freezer and then there is a paddle attachement, works great and makes a small amount which is a good thing!!! LOL

Yeah on the new clothing, it feels so great to drop sizes doesnt it!!!!!

No word on showings, no cards left by realtors but I know things were touched, I sent email to my guy to say WTH???
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Good luck on the showings Amber. Selling a house is so stressful. Hope you hear something soon.

I have a little ice cream maker that sounds like the one you have Amber. Just don't have room to chill it in my freeezer. Thought the baggie method might be just as fast.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

I use my Cusinart & I only chill the container when I plan ahead like last night when the kids were coming. We had kefir ice cream on waffles for breakfast! Took the 16oz of coconut milk kefir & splash of vanilla, about 1/2 box of coconut cream inst pudding mix & 1/4 cupof milk to rinse the kefir jar. Threw in some sweet coconut flakes & it was AWESOME!!! Really creamy. I think I will remember coconut milk kefir as an icecream base from now on! Not really tart nor a heavy coconut flavor.

Susan, yeah on the new sizes. I hate shopping. Guess that is why I wear the same styles year after year! I would be happy in scrubs 365/24/7 to every event.

But will look for a red dress to wear to Lowes when I get to 147 (normal BMI for my height of 5'5"). Still have lots of vegies to jusic so got to make some this morning.

Amber, have you thougt about having the guys make you some green juice with apple & orange in it while you get back on your feet! Kale is terrific!

Oops! I have a piece of fennel- got to throw it in the bone broth- chicken...