Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Leptin Reset (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/754648-leptin-reset.html)

kittycitygirl 01-22-2012 08:37 PM

Leptin Reset

Opened this thread for those of us trying this out. Any advice or help would be welcomed. I am on day 2 and still seeking information and tips.

E.W. 01-23-2012 02:14 AM

I just skimed the book Mastering Leptin are there any newer guide lines about this
that were not talked about in the book ?

kittycitygirl 01-24-2012 04:43 AM

I've been going by a web site (Jack Kruse) to get info and from others that are doing it.

This is day 4 starting for me. Eating my BAB right now. :)

Patlaf 01-24-2012 07:21 AM

There's a long Leptin Reset thread in the Main Lowcarb Lobby.

Pat

SpikersMom 01-25-2012 06:53 PM

kittycitygirl - I LOVE your Julie Newmar avatar. She was THE Catwoman and frankly still is! Reading up on Leptin is on my list for this coming weekend. Thank you for starting the thread!

kittycitygirl 01-25-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patlaf (Post 15356230)
There's a long Leptin Reset thread in the Main Lowcarb Lobby.

Pat

Didn't see that and search didn't bring it up. Going to look for it! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpikersMom (Post 15361786)
kittycitygirl - I LOVE your Julie Newmar avatar. She was THE Catwoman and frankly still is! Reading up on Leptin is on my list for this coming weekend. Thank you for starting the thread!

She IS the real catwoman! :love:

Weight is holding. My 5th day. Have been bouncing up and down with the same couple pounds, so this is a good thing for now.

jeaniem 02-02-2012 07:45 PM

How is it working for you Kitty?

kittycitygirl 02-02-2012 09:00 PM

Losing again after a long frustrating time of it lately. Going to continue for now. Eating a steak for breakfast ( precooked) is the easiest way I've found. Still get the urge to snack on LC foods, but avoiding that. The loss helps in that area :)

jeaniem 02-05-2012 04:09 PM

Kitty
How many carbs are you eating? I am having trouble getting the right amt/combo of food to hold me the 4-5 hours between meals.

kittycitygirl 02-05-2012 04:14 PM

Been doing VLC with it and have kept it at an average of 14. I do get hungry about an hour or so before eating, but drinking water helps to hold me off.

How long have you been on it?

jeaniem 02-05-2012 04:20 PM

I keep trying to start but end up getting so hungry that I am eating between meals.

kittycitygirl 02-05-2012 04:33 PM

What I read is that you need more protein to keep you full longer. What are you eating in the morning?

jeaniem 02-05-2012 05:28 PM

First I tried veg/beef soup along with chicken thighs and cottage cheese as I read up to 50 grams a carb a day was okay and was starving an hour later.

Today I tried scrambled eggs,sausage,kerrygold butter, cottage cheese, cucumbers and celery. This was better but was still hungry well before the 4-5 hr. mark.

kittycitygirl 02-05-2012 05:35 PM

I've been eating a half pound steak for breakfast most days. It seems to keep the hunger away until about an hour away from the next meal. I can handle that. I probably should also add some more protein.

Auntie Em 02-07-2012 06:58 AM

Here is the other Leptin Reset thread.

Perhaps they could be combined?

kittycitygirl 02-07-2012 04:19 PM

So, there it is! Going to read through it now. How would we combine them? That would be good if it could be done.

dawnyama 02-08-2012 06:09 AM

Don't think they can be combined. One is here and one is on another forum altogether. But being subbed in to both can be done!!!

beachguy 02-08-2012 07:18 AM

Just wanted to offer my encouragement to everyone trying the leptin reset. I am having amazing results craving wise. I'm at week 16 with no cravings.

A couple things I have learned from the thread at ***. A lot of the people who are trying the leptin reset (Jack Kruse), are people who have suffered from cravings that have sabotaged their diets, are people that have hit a long plateau, or are people with eating disorders. So this is being tried by the people with the most serious of problems trying to lose weight, and for many it is working.

Casually following the rules probably isn't going to work. The purpose of the leptin reset is not to lose weight, but to make your body leptin sensitive so that your full switch starts working, your cravings are under control, and your hormones start to normalize. Once these things happen, then the weight loss starts.

The rules about sun light, sleep, and exercise are an important part of the plan. If you just do the eating part, you may not be as successful.

If your hormones are not at appropriate levels, it can take a long time to become leptin sensitive. It is important to get your hormones tested and supplemented if necessary. And not just thyroid. Cortisol, pregnenolone, progesterone, dhea, testosterone, estrogen, etc also need to be tested. Same with vitamin d.

This is really a program for optimal health. Fix your health and weight loss becomes much easier.

Good luck.

Squigglywiggly 02-08-2012 12:53 PM

ROFL I thought I was struggling with the letpin reset when in reality I was pregnant! Not jumping into it again yet until things settle down in our household, it's hard with a newborn to even get to eat breakfast before lunch LOL

kittycitygirl 02-08-2012 04:14 PM

Thanks Rich! Yes, there is much more than the eating involved. Doing ok on most of the factors. Got my hormones, etc. tested last fall and doc is working on normalizing them. Getting there :) The sunlight thing is what I'm trying to work on now. The darkening the room thing is difficult with DH not getting it. Going to give it a go though! From what I'm seeing so far, it is worth it.

Congrats Squiggly!!! I completely understand the eating issues with a little one in the house! You eat, sleep, etc. when you can! LOL

Oh, well, Dawn, we will just have 2 I guess! LOL More to spread the word with!

whipper75229 02-09-2012 01:27 PM

Subbing - lots of stuff to check out...

freeman525 02-09-2012 02:48 PM

People on other threads talk about "liver pills" as a way to get in your 50 gms of protein. What are liver pills?

Janice

kittycitygirl 02-09-2012 02:50 PM

Good question. Not sure.

freeman525 02-10-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeman525 (Post 15402825)
People on other threads talk about "liver pills" as a way to get in your 50 gms of protein. What are liver pills?

Janice

Looked them up. Body builders use them to get in their protein requirements. You can get them with 1 gm protein or with 3-4 gms protein. I guess people use them if they're trying to get their 50 gm of protein in and need a few more grams to get to 50. I need to find some bacon with 4-5 grams of protein per slice. :)

Janice

kittycitygirl 02-10-2012 04:03 PM

LOL Yep, I'd prefer my extra protein to come from bacon too!

Found the steak or hamburger is my best bet. Beef packs the protein in it! No problem getting the 50 when eating that.

Got a problem perhaps someone here can help with. I am to get a blood draw done soon. Have to fast for it. The drive is about 25 min. At best. Add time to get ready and waiting to get in......how do I deal with my BAB within 30 for this day? Do I just take something with me to gobble ASAP? And hope I don't mess it up, or delay testing until I have more time in on the LR? Is there something I haven't thought of? Help!

beachguy 02-10-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittycitygirl (Post 15406268)
LOL Yep, I'd prefer my extra protein to come from bacon too!

Found the steak or hamburger is my best bet. Beef packs the protein in it! No problem getting the 50 when eating that.

Got a problem perhaps someone here can help with. I am to get a blood draw done soon. Have to fast for it. The drive is about 25 min. At best. Add time to get ready and waiting to get in......how do I deal with my BAB within 30 for this day? Do I just take something with me to gobble ASAP? And hope I don't mess it up, or delay testing until I have more time in on the LR? Is there something I haven't thought of? Help!

What I would do is try to eat right after blood draw. You still need to eat enough that you don't snack or get too hungry between meals. It may take you a little longer to become ls, but no big deal. Main thing is not to stress about it and raise your cortisol level.

whipper75229 02-10-2012 07:42 PM

:love: BACON :love: :faint:

muffles 02-15-2012 09:35 PM

For those people wondering about the leptin reset Dr Kruse style, do it! I have been stuck maintaining on low carb , unable to lose without starving for ages. I thought my body was too broken to work but I started doing the Jack Kruse leptin reset 27/12/11.
I have lost 9.3kg - 20 pounds in just over 8 weeks. Awesome!

I am now generally awake before the alarm and ready to go. I feel so awake I don't need my morning cup of coffee to get going - this is huge for me! I am usually so dopy in the morning that my family don't talk to me till I have drunk my coffee. Now I am bright and coherent and ready for the day - without caffeine!

I have more energy during the day, but I do tend to flag a little mid afternoon. I generally drink a pot of green tea at this time, which seems to help.

I have no hunger or cravings during the day. I screwed up the other day and ate a breakfast which only contained 35 grams of protein ( I calculated after I ate it), I suffered cravings all day. I fought back with coconut oil , but prefer the calmness of no cravings or hunger pains.

So far so good! I will know that this is really working if I manage to break through 92 kg, which I have got to 3 times in the last ten years, every time I have plateaued at this point before regaining.

If it happens again, I shall do some tests to see if there is an underlying hormonal issue messing up my body.I think I have all the signs of sensitivity now.

My mood is calmer, my dh even commented the other day, it was nice to have the new less grumpy me around,

Haven't exercised yet, but I am now able to garden for 4 hours at a time, rather than one.

Hunger only occurs twice a day, right before I eat.

I love having energy all day and best of all no urge to bing eat!
If you are stuck with low carb, try it this way!

freeman525 02-16-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffles (Post 15420809)
For those people wondering about the leptin reset Dr Kruse style, do it! I have been stuck maintaining on low carb , unable to lose without starving for ages. I thought my body was too broken to work but I started doing the Jack Kruse leptin reset 27/12/11.
I have lost 9.3kg - 20 pounds in just over 8 weeks. Awesome!

I am now generally awake before the alarm and ready to go. I feel so awake I don't need my morning cup of coffee to get going - this is huge for me! I am usually so dopy in the morning that my family don't talk to me till I have drunk my coffee. Now I am bright and coherent and ready for the day - without caffeine!

I have more energy during the day, but I do tend to flag a little mid afternoon. I generally drink a pot of green tea at this time, which seems to help.

I have no hunger or cravings during the day. I screwed up the other day and ate a breakfast which only contained 35 grams of protein ( I calculated after I ate it), I suffered cravings all day. I fought back with coconut oil , but prefer the calmness of no cravings or hunger pains.

So far so good! I will know that this is really working if I manage to break through 92 kg, which I have got to 3 times in the last ten years, every time I have plateaued at this point before regaining.

If it happens again, I shall do some tests to see if there is an underlying hormonal issue messing up my body.I think I have all the signs of sensitivity now.

My mood is calmer, my dh even commented the other day, it was nice to have the new less grumpy me around,

Haven't exercised yet, but I am now able to garden for 4 hours at a time, rather than one.

Hunger only occurs twice a day, right before I eat.

I love having energy all day and best of all no urge to bing eat!
If you are stuck with low carb, try it this way!

Thanks for your input.
Janice

easwann 02-22-2012 08:13 PM

Threadjack.....

:hugs: :hiya: