Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
Intermittent Fasting 2012

What is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?

IF is merely alternating intervals of not eating (fasting) with times where you are allowed to eat (eating window).

The fasting period on specific plans can range from 16 hours all the way up to 36 hours (with several stops in between), and each of those specific plans will have benefits.

The most important thing to remember about Intermittent Fasting is that it isn’t a “diet” or a mean's of starving one's self—it’s a way of eating, a nutritional lifestyle.

Types of IF programs

Here are some of the IF programs that I am familiar with and have read up on. Please feel free to include any additional ones!

*Eat Stop Eat
*Fast 5
*Johnson's Up Day Down Day (JUDDD)/ Alternate Day Diet
*The Warrior Diet

Want More Info?
Try searching these sites/blogs for loads of info, personal experiences, research, etc.
*Leangains
*Mark's daily apple
*The Retired Dieter
*InHumanExperiment[/CENTER]

Last edited by ddailey320; 01-05-2012 at 12:45 PM..
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Hoping nobody minded me setting up a new IF page for 2012, I didn't see one started yet!

HAPPY 2012!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dixiegal
Stats: 230/178/155
WOE: LC/JUDDD My way
Start Date: 7/7/14
When my kids where young I did this but didn't know what it was. I would eat my meals between 7-11 am and not eat anything else I was in great shape. I started low carbing a few years back and lost a bunch. But I got so tired of always thinking about meals I burned out and last year was very stressful I fell off the wagon for a year and started regaining. I just couldn't get back on low carb. Last Sunday I stepped on the scale to see 209 and decided enough was enough... I started my first fast that night of 16 hours and have done 19- 20 hrs ones since this morning the scale read 199!!! I know it's water but I don't care. It was still making me feel terrible fat or not.

It feels great not to have to plan meals through the day not to always be thinking about what I'll eat. Now when I eat I enjoy every bite it's a pleasure not a chore. My only problem is after I eat I'm not hungry again in my window of 4-5 hours. I feel great just worry I may not be eating enough. I'm eating low carb and getting veggies and fat in. I'm sleeping better and feel my energy coming back more each day.
8/1 /14 209
9/1/14 201
10/1/14 196
11/1/14 188
12/1/14 178
My journal http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ourney-35.html
dixiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
GME
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/199/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I am trying combining IF and HCG.

I have read a lot about fasting and believe it is a natural way for us to eat. I've done CAD (sort-of fasting) and JUDDD over the years with success. I started this last time because I'm not much of a breakfast eater and I got sick and tired of lunch- packing it, shopping for it, thinking about it. I am very busy at work and found myself feeling like I had to eat the lunch I packed at 3:00 or so or just leaving it for the next day. I thought, "Why bother?"

What was funny is I tried a leptin reset program a few months ago. One of the main points of the plan is to eat a big, protein-filled breakfast everyday within 30 minutes of getting up. I did that, then ate lunch, and was just as hungry when I got home as I am when I fast.

Anyway, IF is fine for maintaining for me, but I don't lose on it so I am going to combine with HCG. With HCG you eat 500 cals per day- that is quite a bit of food if you eat it all within a couple of hours. I tried it once before and broke the 500 cals into B-L-D and felt like I was starving all the time and couldn't stick with it. I am down 6 lbs so far.

7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won! 9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won! 12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K- I won!
2/7/15 - Together Love Run 5K, 3/22/15- She is Beautiful 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Y'all might have talked about this in your other thread but there's an IF app for iPhone, you can pick how many hours you want to fast each day and it'll let you know when times up. I also set my timer on phone during my window so I don't clock watch. Both of these allow me to focus more on life than food.

Last edited by dixiegal; 01-05-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

I have personally found that, alternating eating styles works well and keeps my body guessing. My week usually consists of 1 free meal - foods/carbs I wouldn't normally eat during the week followed by a day of total fast (to get the water weight off faster). The other days are me alternating Intermittent Fasting (my preferred way of eating- I open my eating window from around 6pm-9pm and usually include dinner and a small snack) as well as Fat Fast (up to 1000 calories and aim for 85-90% fat and under 10 carbs...this works for me because my IF days tend to be much lower fat and cals) and Egg Fast Days (5-8 whole eggs cooked in 1/2 tbs butter each...this works for me because my other days tend to be quite a bit lower in protein and fat). So a typical week might look something like this:

Monday- IF (low carb/low fat- eat dinner/snack)
Tuesday- Fat/Egg Fast (spread out meals throughout day)
Wednesday- IF but with free meal (slightly higher carb/low fat)
Thursday- Full Fast
Friday- IF (low carb/low fat- eat dinner/snack)
Saturday & Sunday- IF or Fat Fast (depending on what's going on)

Other than that I take an EC stack twice a day (200mg caffeine and 25mg ephedrine <I use Bronkaid for this> 7am and 3pm) and try to work out 4-6 days/week (mostly with the EA sports on wii- 1/2hr-1hr light cardio & resistance along with my usual running around chasing my kids and daycare crew)

I started doing IF somewhere around September '11...I have NEVER been a big eater and not someone that particularly enjoys meal times, so for me not having to think about, prep, plan, or calculate meals has been a godsent! before this I had attempted the 5-6 mini meals a day which left me feeling nuerotic and nauseous (I became literally OBSESSED with figuring out what to eat, how much of this, the macros for that, etc and really hated the feeling that I was force feeding all day. Honestly, I think mini meals also left me feeling hungry all day!) I came across some Intermittent Fasting Blogs and sites
For the first few months I would eat between 6pm-9pm- or whenever dinner time was. My meal consisted of a small dinner meal (greek salad, spinach pie made with LC tortilla, soup and cheese sticks & beef jerky, etc) and then typically a small snack in the evening- lc ice cream, FF frozen yogurt, LC pudding, dark chocolate)
I do know that I was (and still do have a tendency of) undereating...I eat very little meat and most of my meals are low(er) carb/lowfat and therefore lower cals- I honestly feel fine eating this way, but I also know that my body needs a change of pace every now and then.

I have started rotating in some days of Fat Fast days (I aim for up to 1000 calories of which 85-90% is from fat- my foods consist of flavored almonds, diet soda w/heavy cream, full fat cream cheese, natural PB, celery w/blue cheese or feta dressing, avocado mixed with salsa ranch dressing, etc), Egg Fast days (up to 8 whole eggs, each cooked with 1/2 Tbl butter) and now I have started trying to incorporate a "free meal" once a week and add in foods that I don't typically eat. This for me is much more for mental purposes in order to break myself from the feeling that foods should be labeled "good/bad, safe/unsafe" for me.

** I am not a sugar/carb addict and personally have no cravings the next day, although i know this is not true for everyone. However, I do prefer doing a 24-36 hour full fast the day following a free meal which also helps to eliminate the water weight that typically results.

Last edited by ddailey320; 01-05-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Had a planned free meal last night (veggie burger on Joseph's tortilla with LC ketchup, mustard, lettuce, mushrooms and onions. Small salad and a few pringles and then a small bowl of low fat ice cream with a a spoonful of natty PB.

Plan on doing a full day fast today although DH has today off which makes this a bit trickier ( works split 2nd/3rd which usually just leaves me and the kids for meals).

So I was wondering what is your family/spouse's take on IFing? Do they also do it? Do they lowcarbfriends? Supportive/Reluctant?

Personally i am the only low carber in the house. I very much encourage healthy eating habbits in the home with the kids and stress the importance of balanced nutrition and moderation. My kids were fortunately blessed with my husbands genes who is 6'4" / 225 pounds and lean- former track star. Up until his 30's he had to fight to put weight on and now his added weight is definitely muscular. So yes, they all eat pasta and bread and cereal- but I have made a point of buying mostly whole wheat, low/no sugar items.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myluvbugg
Stats: 359.4/313.5/200
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 12/13/10 (starting again, and again), 11/2/11 agai
marking my spot
myluvbugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddailey320 View Post

So I was wondering what is your family/spouse's take on IFing? Do they also do it? Do they lowcarbfriends? Supportive/Reluctant?.
my husband lc'd along with me. Last year we both fell off the wagon but he kept losing weight 50 lbs in nov he was dx with stage 3 colon cancer they got it all out and he starts. Chemo the 23rd of this month, right now he eats whatever he can when he wants he's gained 10 much needed pounds. He's very supportive of my choice and works with me.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I think I'm going to try this.
I had been doing JUDDD, lost 11lbs the first month and hardly anything the next two months; since Christmas, I've had a hard time getting back on track.
I'm just never hungry when I "can" eat and too hungry when I'm not supposed to eat.

I'm usually not too hungry during the day but like to eat/snack in the evening. Today I decided my window would be from 6pm to 11pm,
finished dinner at 6:30, and haven't been hungry at all!!! I hope I don't wake up too hungry in the morning.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-06-2012 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: punctuation
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Danielle--I love your schedule! I have diabetes and like to throw in a Fat Fast day a couple times a week, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddailey320 View Post
So I was wondering what is your family/spouse's take on IFing? Do they also do it? Do they lowcarbfriends? Supportive/Reluctant?
My son is 17 and vegetarian, so we pretty much eat opposite from each other! But he is supportive...and pretty good at cooking for himself. If I say that I'm fasting and that cooking what he wants will be too tempting, he'll make his own dinner. But I make something "convenient" for him once or twice a week (a pot of rice that he can eat with stir-fries or Indian curries, veggie quiche or casserole, egg salad, hummus, etc) and also make something we can both have for dinner a couple nights a week...I just add a side of meat for myself.

Doing JUDDD has made it a bit hard for us to have as many dinners together, because sometimes the nights I "can" eat are nights he's out with his friends, or he's hungry at an entirely different time. We don't have set meal times because I have always encouraged him to eat ONLY when hungry, and it's just the two of us, so it's never been inconvenient for me. I think IF will be nice because I will probably have a later eating window (4-9pm or 5-10pm) and we might coincide more often!

Did any of you find a need for tactics to ease into IF? Such as, starting with a longer eating window and making it a half hour or hour shorter every day (or few days)? Does anyone allow themselves any low-cal and/or low-carb food during the fasting hours, such as broth, a little cream, or veggies (I was thinking celery)? I know that would make it not a true fast, but a couple people have mentioned that something really low-carb, that doesn't raise blood sugar, might be acceptable. However, I haven't been able to find any recently active IF forums where this has been discussed.

Quote:
My only problem is after I eat I'm not hungry again in my window of 4-5 hours.
That's happened to me already, yesterday AND today!
Last night I had some celery sticks with cream cheese right at the end of my window, because I knew I'd be awake for a couple more hours.

Today I got up 3 or 4 hours earlier than usual (my son had a Saturday detention!) and went on a fun grocery-shopping trip that I take about 3-4 times a year; I go to an Asian market and then an Indian market. I had a small cup of decaf coffee with cream. When I got home at 1pm, I had a few mini-samosas and a ham & cheese wrap, then took a nap! Not a particularly huge or decadent meal for me, but I've been full for almost 7 hours.

I decided I would allow myself an 8-hour window today since I'm just starting & had an unusual day, but I'm just about at the end of that, too, and not really hungry!

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-07-2012 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: spelling & stuff
Old 01-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Laughing at myself- just read over my post with my "typical schedule" and realized how repetitive it sounded. I was cutting and pasting from a couple other posts I had previously done- SORRY! Lol

The only thing I typically have during the day (particularly if feeling a bit hungry) is hot tea. I actually find this to be quite helpful and satisfying. I think we all have those days when we just seem hungrier than usual. My game plan is to first drink 16-24 oz of water and to wait an hour. This way I can help gauge if I am truly hungry or perhaps just thirsty. If I am still hungry my go to snack is usually celery/cucumber and hummus.

I drink quite a bit of water- i aim for a gallon a day- which I think also helps with feeling a bit more full during the day.

As mentioned before, my DH works afternoons/nights so it's usually me and kiddos all day. I also run a preschool and before/after school child care from my home which means a long day and a lot of meals and snack prepping! I'm usually so busy during the day though that I really don't even think about eating (which is why IFing works well for me). Then in the evening I typically eat dinner with my kiddos (not necessarily the same thing though)

I am also an avid gum chewer- pop a piece in my mouth in the AM and toss it before dinner

I think learning to adjust to a certain window is completely normal. I've often read suggestions of slowly pushing back your first meal (or eating earlier if that's your preference) by 15-30 minutes each day until you reach a desired time.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the response!
Boy, you sound busy!

Quote:
I think learning to adjust to a certain window is completely normal. I've often read suggestions of slowly pushing back your first meal (or eating earlier if that's your preference) by 15-30 minutes each day until you reach a desired time.
I think a 5-hour window will work very well for me.
And, maybe an 8-hour window on the weekends (especially for holidays, birthdays, parties, etc), which can always be followed by a 24-hour fast or a Fat Fast Day or a JUDDD-style Down Day...so many options with IF!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fitchick68
Stats: 202.2/196.6/130-145
Start Date: Sept 29th 2014
am back!

I haven't been on here in awhile and kinda cringed when I realized that I was getting near 190 which is a all time high for me.

I started yesterdayand have been doing great so far.The Atkins woe is really helping me with not being hungry and noticed about a 3 lb loss in 1 day

I know it is probley water weight,but every lil bit helps!

Looking forward to being on here almost every day * goes back to reading all the other threads on the forum for motivation *
fitchick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats on the 3 lbs fitchick! Tomorrow will be a week for me and I weighed a day earlier than I planned down 12 lbs!!!!!! I know it's water too but I sure feel better with it off!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Everyone seems to be starting the year off right. As of today, I've dropped 9 pounds in 9 days!

I broke my extended fast tonight (48 hour) made some mock cream of wheat, celery and hummus as well 3 slices of Jennie-o bourbon deli turkey with cheese. For snack 2 russell stover sf chocolates. Yummy! Food always taste so much better after a fast hoping my weightloss will stick when I weigh in to tomorrow night. Would love to be back in the 130's by the end of the week!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

thank you Dixiegal!

and 12 lbs Dixiegal ? WOOT!!! congrats!!! I hope I lose at least 10 in my 1st week but I will take anything lol

as of today I have lost more and am down to 182.6 and I feel great!

I also feel that doing the Atkins with the IF is really making a bigger difference then doing either alone...at least for me it is

Last edited by fitchick68; 01-10-2012 at 07:53 AM..
Old 01-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #18
Junior LCF Member

Congrats Danielle on your 9 lb loss!!

I also hope to have a nice whoosh at the end of my week

my need to eat all the time too has gone down ALOT! I am actually only eating two meals because that is all I can get in before I am full for the day.

and the meals are not big at all since I seem to get full so fast
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been finding that the meal I eat when I break my fast carries me well past the 5-hour window...even if it isn't a particularly big meal. So I have been doing 7-hour windows...but I would like to shorten this. Excepting perhaps on the weekends, and/or if I exercise within the window. I did this on Sunday (ate, exercised, ate) and felt really good!

It may be possible and perfectly healthy for me to eat only one meal--basically a 30-60 minute window--and fast for about 23 hours. But I haven't quite worked up the courage to try it yet!

Another strategy I am considering is to break the fast with a light meal or snack, then have time to cook and eat a nice dinner towards the end of the window. Because I am finding that if I cook before break-fast time, I start munching on things as I'm cooking; if I don't cook, I end up just eating a sandwich or something boring because I'm so hungry, then I'm not hungry "in time" to eat a full meal. Not that I need an elaborate meal every day, but I want to be sure I eat something nutritious, and have some veggies or a salad a few times a week.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

I find that I always head straight to the veggie bin for some celery or cut up peppers or cucumbers to munch on upon breaking my fast for a small "warm up" snack. This is usually as I start to contemplate what I am going to cook for dinner for everyone, preparing for a quick errand run or helping the kiddos with homework, etc.

Then I usually have what I consider my main meal about an hour afterwards when the rest of the family eats. Although if I am really not hungry I'll get a workout in while they eat and then have mine's later on. Then later in the night if I am feeling a bit snackish I'll usually have a greek yogurt or something for an evening snack. My window is typically from about 7-10) depending on what time I make dinner for everyone.

i just love how flexible anyone can make IFing!!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
I typically eat between 11:30 am and 4:30 pm, usually one main meal and then a smaller meal or snack. I do have cream in my coffee in the morning, during my fasting time, and often coconut oil in my tea in the evening. The person who wrote a book about Fast-5 said oil or cream are ok (but not ideal) outside of your eating window because they cause little insulin response. If I'm doing vigorous exercise early in the morning (skiing or biking), I'll mix some whey protein powder with 1 T of coconut oil to keep from bonking.

My only frustration with IF is that other people think it's really weird. I find it almost impossible to do when family or friends are visiting. This week, I'm on a ski trip with my husband and his father, and it's pretty much impossible. But taking a week off is no big deal.
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since the very first time I heard of IF, I thought of a friend of mine who lived in a Buddhist monastery for 3 months. That's how they eat all the time!!!

They get up very early (before dawn...probably around 4am IIRC) and have one meal at midday. And they have to stop eating before or precisely at a certain time--noon, I think.

However, they are allowed liquids and do drink butter tea all day long.

Although these fasts are of course not done for weight loss reasons (!), it seems reminiscent of our strategy to get through the day with some cream in our beverages.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:19 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 312/310/ a lot less
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: restart again 10/27/2014
Butter tea is sort of strange it may be more like a food. The reason I said that is that
the tea is boiled 4 hours or more so the tea is broken down then the butter is added.
Sometimes it is strained and is a beverage other times it is more of a thin porrage.
E.W. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, but my point is they drink this tea, which contains a lot of fat & calories,
and still consider themselves to be "fasting".
Of course it is a spiritual fast, not a weight-loss fast.
But it is supposed to help keep them warm and alert for all their duties and prayers.

My friend said they also did 36-hour fasts with NO food or liquids of any kind.

PS: EW, have you ever had butter tea? I am so curious about it!!!

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-12-2012 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: PS
Old 01-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
PS: EW, have you ever had butter tea? I am so curious about it!!!
I'm not EW, but I often add a spoonful of butter to my evening tea. Delicious. (I also often add a spoonful of brandy, which makes it even more delicious. I doubt the monks would approve. On the other hand, didn't Benedictine monks come up with some delicious brandies?)

If you google "tibetan butter tea recipe" you get a lot of interesting--and quite easy--recipes. Perhaps I'll try one this afternoon when we get back from skiing!

Last edited by tiva; 01-12-2012 at 11:26 AM..
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made myself some this morning--an Americanized version, of course, as I haven't been able to find a yak ANYWHERE --and it is very interesting! I quite like the idea of having something salty instead of something sweet. Of course, I usually prefer chicken broth, to which I like to add a splash of cream and a bit of ghee...but where's the caffeine in that?!

Mmmmmmmm.......brandy!!!

Have fun skiing!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I posted this in the JUDDD/Blood Sugar thread; apparently halfway through I started thinking I was posting in this thread!

Quote:
I stopped eating last night at 7pm, and BG at 11am was 90!!!

Usually I think I would be feeling quite hungry and on the verge of getting shaky with my BG in this range,
but I feel AWESOME and I woke up feeling awesome--good mood & alert, not groggy as usual--even though I'm a bit under the weather with congestion & sore throat.
Also, when I go long periods without eating, my BG often gets/stays a little high (120-130). So this is really, really super cool!

Maybe my BG was so good because I stopped eating early (7pm)--
I didn't actually get to sleep until 2am, then I was up from 6-7am, and slept again til 11am.
I usually delay eating during the day so I can eat later at night; I feel like I can't sleep if I'm hungry, but last night was not a problem and I would prefer the habit of not eating so late. Perhaps eat from 2pm-7pm (or 9pm on weekends).

Today I was thinking about trying a 24-hour fast
(like "Eat Stop Eat"--two 24-hour fasts per week)
but instead of a 5-hour window I would just eat once (at 7pm)--
so more like a 30- or 60-minute window.

I don't know what I'm going to break my fast with, though, because I don't have much food in the house! On purpose!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in, marking my spot and saying Hi's and Hello's!

Tiva~ i completely understand about having others view this way of eating as weird! I was away in September for a family get together and of course everyone insisted on meeting up together for most meals (UGH!). On a normal day, I just truly don't have an desire to eat throughout the day- there are those rare occasions that I am in a pick n' snack mood, but definitely not the norm. The thought of eating 3 meals and snacks just seems daunting to me. Hope you are surviving it...lol!

Jenny~Interesting info about the monks! I think I will just stick with my plain chai tea though and skip the butter/oil!

I am so in need of a mini whoosh right now. Scale bouncing around the same pound for the last few days. Was planning to do an egg fast yesterday, but woke up with a terrible migraine that already had me sick to my stomach- somehow I don't think a whole mess of eggs and butter would have helped.

I know I probably should do an egg or fat fast to shake things up, but just haven't been motivated. Guess I'll just wait it out and see what the next day or two brings!

Dixiegal, fitchick, GME
Old 01-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, Danielle--sorry you aren't feeling well!

Can you have something like chicken broth?
I add cream to it (and sometimes a little butter) and it's a mainstay of my Fat Fast days.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Tiva, did you try the butter tea?

I sipped on a big mug this morning and while it was "interesting",
I didn't think I enjoyed it that much--
but then I spent the rest of the day sort of thinking about it
and kind of wanting to make some more!

I sort of did an almost-24 hour fast today--
except for the butter tea and a cup of chicken broth with a little cream,
I didn't eat anything from 7pm last night until 5:30pm today.
I wasn't even that hungry, but I made doughnuts for my son & his friend,
and I had a couple bites. Then I had a little cottage cheese and I really wasn't hungry enough to make dinner.
I ended having some toast and breakfast sausages around 9.