Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Dukan Divas Dive into a Jan 2012

Thought I'd start a thread for anyone trying to follow the Dukan Diet in 2012. I've lost 37 pounds in 4 months of following the plan even though i'm not real strict with the rules. Right now just 5 pounds from what Dr D says is my true weight, but hoping to lose more than that before starting consolidation.

How about having an official weigh in day? Wed? Since everyone is at a different stage, don't compare yourself to anyone else, just look at it as a day to be accountable to weigh in.

Faithful, dear lady who is so good with the words, would you give us an official send off?

Susan

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Susan, you are too kind! Thank you for starting the new thread. Someone please put a link to the Dukan plan & the recipe site so everyone will have them accessible. Might also want to put one to the Dukan site where we can plug in weight projections etc. Thanks! I can't do that!

I like a Wed weigh in day. It is an accountability thing. We can just post our weight that day! More for us to do it than for others to see. Don't have to post any more than that if we don't want. Everyone should be doing this anyway... I write mine on a calendar...it is just a reminder to myself & if it drops a little every month I smile...I will never go back to an 18-20! Writing that number down helps remind me of "You've come a long way, Baby!"

The ladies & gentlemen that meet here are a wonderful group of determined individuals. We may fall down, skin our knees on the gravely parts of life, often we eat the wrong things & give into cravings (which in itself may save us in the long run). As it was stated in the December thread, sometimes we turn our Dukie Badges, get off the Dukie wagon, stall in our weight loss, get frustrated & tired of not eating what everyone else does.

However, we all have one common thread that brings us all here on a quazi-regular basis. WE WLL HAVE A DESIRE TO BE COME HEALTHIER! Weight loss is a side benefit and a very nice one at that.

Over the last year we have become different individuals! We are better people. We are honest in our faults & don't mind exposing our short-comings for the world to see; we are human to a fault. Some of us have let go of a lot of excess pounds that literally hung around us like an albatros for years, others just a few and some of us are struggling with the same pounds over and over ~ and that too is OK.

We have become encouragers, informed & educators! We share everything here! We have learned that a one size fits all approach to better living JUST DOESNT FIT! Each of us has taken a basic plan & structured it into a long way of living that fits our body & lifestyle. We are not afraid of change or to be different! We can think out of the box & not eat out of the box!

The one thing I have seen in each of us is that we LOVE OURSELVES MORE! We are kinder to ourselves & don't beat up on the one that knows our little secrets - OURSELF. We don't put us on guilt trips any longer which leads to eating binges. We forgive us in away we never have before. We ave not be come lax in the way we approach life & eating but relaxed & more stress free. This makes our goals easier to reach.

And those goals? We haven't set them so high they are unatainable! We have learned what the turtle knew along... The rabbit doesn't have the right idea! He runs like the wind for a while then goofs off and is always behind having to run faster the next leg of the race. However, the turtle just keeps on walking, slow and steady til the race is won. He doesn't get frustrated or even worried that he is behind everyone else...his eye is on the finish line & he doesn't care how long it takes to get there as long as he makes it! THIS IS A PERSONAL JOURNEY not a race with others or even ourself.

WE ALWAYS GET BACK UP AND KEEP WALKING TOWARD THE GOAL! This year with more patience in ourselves!

Some us us are taking on new challenges to improve our health outside of healthier eating to a healthier us. Some of us will take on lifetime addictions & are better prepared to succeed because we have already accomplished so much. We love ourselves enough to be able to make another goal a reality & we have each other to help us get there!

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN NOT ACCOMPLISH WHEN WE PULL ONE ANOTHER ALONG !!! We are a team & welcome others to join us!

Ladies I do't have words of wisdom just lessons from life. Blessings on our journey this year! Eat smart & make wise choices or at the very least wise portions!

We can do this! (Whatever this is.)

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-02-2012 at 08:07 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Faithful. I will get some links posted. Thought I'd share my progress over the last year. The photo on the left was me about 60 pounds and a little over a year ago. The one on the right was taken today. Size 22 to size 12 thanks to low carb, mostly Dukan. Sorry it's so large. If someone can resize it for me I'd appreciate it. I scare even myself at that size.

Last edited by stilldews; 01-02-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Old 01-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Some helpful Dukan Links:

FYI information DUKAN EATING PLAN FYI

The Dukan Site where you can calculate your true weight and see how long Dr Dukan says each phase will take you:

A site with lots of Dukan friendly recipes. You may find some items not on the 100 allowed food list, so use with caution. Most are tolerated items and used in small amts. The recipe index is top right.

The Dukan facebook USA site. Recipes are posted on the left under photos.
This is a great site that is added to everyday by members in every phase of the plan.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Here's a recipe I've posted before, but I like it so much I thought I'd post it again for the new ones. It's a microwavable chocolate cake.

In a 2 cup bowl mix:

2 large eggs
2 Tb greek yogurt, or fat free cream cheese
2 Tb oat bran
1 TB unsweetened cocoa powder
2pkg Stevia in the Raw and 3 pkg Splenda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda.

orange, mint, coconut or raspberry extract can also be added to vary.

I use 2 heaping TB of the Chocolate Dukan muffin mix in place of the plain oat bran, but still add the unsweetened cocoa.

Mix well with a fork and cook 3 minutes in the microwave. Top with a TB or so of Greek yogurt and another pkg Splenda. This makes a quick and filling breakfast.

Last edited by stilldews; 01-02-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

WOW! Lovely before & after Picts! Now I can put a picture with the name! Thanks for putting up the links! & thanks for the recipe! You always come up with such good ones!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
Hey hey

I would love to check in here Lost 50lb a couple years ago, would like to shed some more... thinking about setting a date for getting married

Today is day 2, goin good so far...will update my stats
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Susan- WOW look at you, so slim and so much younger looking!!!!! Good for you!!! You look super!!!!!

Iam- you are da bomb!!! You always have the right words to encourage us to succeed!!!! I am so glad we met you!!! And I am glad you stopped in on the challenge!!! I know the girls there will appreciate your wisdom as well!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Welcome danceruk. You will love Dukan. Getting married should give you some great motivation. Have you seen Amber's before and after photos? She made a beautiful bride and so will you.

Here's a few ideas for flavoring the plain Greek yogurt. My favorite is to add a pkg. of sugar free Wyler's drink mix or Cystal lite mix to each cup. I know neither are legal on Dukan, but at 10 calories per pkg, I don't think they do any harm. You can also use a Splenda sweetened drink mix that netrition sells. It's calledTotally Light 2 Go or sugar free jello. I make the jello as directed and then mix a cup with a cup of the Greek yogurt. Stir well with a fork and it makes a mousse like mix. Cinnamon and stevia is also good. You can flavor non fat cottage cheese the same ways.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Susan thanks for starting the new thread for the month. Thanks too for sharing your progress pics with us. You have done an awesome job

Shined up my badge and back on the wagon
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #11

Go becky go becky!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Becky, I have the polishing cloth out and shining it right now!

Danceruk another bride in the bunch! This ol' lady is going to Can't wait to see the "new you" in your beautiful dress!

Honey Badger challenge is in full swing & they let this Ol' Panda Bear join in the fun! Will be more fun then the 30 day Kombucha challenge!

Yuck! Dead of winter & I have to go chase down a big house fly! Yuck!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #13

Dancer- you can do it, the wedding was a big motivator for me, I didn't want to even set a date being over 300 pounds, but I did it, and even though I have more to lose I felt good on my wedding day!

me and my son,

Here are some pics for wedding motivation!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Your photos are so inspiring Amber. You look so healthy and happy. I know you'll reach your goal this year and inspire the rest of us to keep it off.

I found a soup recipe I thought I'd share. It uses the Dukan or Miracle Shirtaki noodles.

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
3-4 cups Dukan legal vegetables, fresh or frozen
1 TB tomato paste
2 bags Miracle noodles, rinsed well
3 tsp olive oil (optional)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste or Mrs Dashs seasoning
1/2 tsp parsley

Place all ingredients in acrockpot and stir to mix well. Cook on low 2 1/2 hours or until vegetables are tender.

I adapted this from a recipe on the Miracle noodle site and haven't tried it yet. They used 2 cans of mixed vegetables, but I'm not sure you can find Dukan legal ones, so I will use frozen. Sounds like something easy to make and keep on hand for those times you just want a little something hot in your stomach.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Remember tomorrow is going to be weigh in day for those of us on Dukan. I know some of you are weighing in on Mondays, but I like the idea of being accountable for weighing in 2 days a week.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

You look gorgeous Amber

I just want rid of my chest, that would be amazing, got a consultation for reduction booked in for two months time. Would like to get down to a G by then (currently a 30L)

Phew... my OH is poorly so didnt manage to get to gym to weigh in... I will deffo check on home scales later tho!

Today ...ate soooo much
Brekkie - Chicken breast sliced
Mid morning - 70g beef
Lunch - Lean ham & fat free yoghurt
Evening - cuppa tea, sparkling water, Chicken breast, leftover smoked salmon

May have another tea & low fat yog...phhewww...

Hope everyone had a good day
Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #17

Dancer- a 30L? As in "long" or as in L cup size like we have a b c d e f g h i j k l? You weigh like nothing, if you have boobies that large that has got to be rough on your small frame, one thing losing weight it took a good long while but then all of a sudden the boobies were gone, like deflated airbags. I think when you are naturally large chested like I was it takes a lot to get rid of them, I love not having so much boob, I have carried those suckers my whole life, I want a lift, but no implants, I don't want any more girth added, I like having them smaller for running!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

yes...as in.... G H HH.. J J..K KK ...L CUP!! I nearly cried when I had my last fitting!!

Oh yeah I know I will probably need a lift and or an implant when I am finished!! lol blimey!! My OH is like...errr I am not marrying you with those!!! ... will try to whittle them off!!

hehe..believe it or not I do run...with two sports bras to avoid a black eye!!

Going good so far....feel like am eating... a lot...but..its all good...will weigh in the morning!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuePro
WOE: Low Carb

I'd love to join you ladies. I just started today - so far so good. I lost a lot of weight 4 years ago low carbing, stalled and then over the past year strayed and gained most of the weight back. I'm determined to get back to where I was the summer of 2007 this summer. According to Dukan, my TW is 180 and I should be able to achieve that in the fall.

Stilldews and Bejewelme, your photos are truly inspiring
SuePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Sue. It gets easier after you get a few days under your belt.

Just finished some chicken veggie soup. Trouble is I want to eat all of it!

Can't wait for Biggest Loser to start tonight.

Susan I have grown to really love soup and since I am snowed in (choosing not the shovel the drive) glad I had a few things to toss a soup together. Will have to try soup in a crock pot sometime. I love using the crock pot. I will be weighing tomorrow but then again I weigh everyday

My heart is not really into it but probably b/c Vegas is 3 weeks away and will be having any dang then I want that week.

Lenise miss you
Old 01-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Sue! One problem I've found with low carb is that it's sure easy to put the pounds back on. Of course, I've also found that with every other type of diet I've tried. The thing that I like the best about Dukan is that the stablization plans sounds like something that will really work. The next year is going to be a real test. I've being losing weight since I was 10 and then putting it right back on. I'm determined to make this time different! Hopefully having a great support gorup of like minded people will help.

Becky, I can understand why it's hard to get motivated right before your trip. I do know there are people on facebook that have stayed with it while traveling and came back thinner than they left, but guess you have to decide for yourself if it's worth giving up all those goodies in Las Vegas. Maybe it's better to wait until the trip is done and then really get down to business.

Last edited by stilldews; 01-03-2012 at 04:15 PM..
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mareeree
Start Date: October 2011
Hi, I am glad I found this forum, I am new to this so it may take me a while to get used to it. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy reading about all of your successes on the Dukan Diet. I have struggled through the holidays, but I am back on track!! Ready to lose more weight!!!
mareeree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Hi, mareeree. Do you have the Dukan Diet book and have you done the calculations to see how long you should be on Attack? I think some people are making the mistake of staying too long on Attack and it sometimes backfires by making you lose slower the first few weeks of cruise. Once you get into the routine of curise, it becomes pretty automatic. The holidays were rough for lots of us, but the pounds should come off fast once you get back on plan.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mareeree
Start Date: October 2011
Yes, actually, I started on October 1, 2011 and I was down 20 pounds for like one day, haha, then the holidays hit. I am up about 5 pounds and today I was down 2 of those, so I am on my way to losing again, thank goodness! I just had another successful day today and I think with all the holiday parties out of the way, I will be fine!
mareeree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #25

Dancer- I hope they come off for ya they are a blessing and a curse, for me my hubby is a boob man, so he is willing to use his bonus for a new rack, LOL

Becky I need soup recipes, I love soup but never know what to make, Vegas in 3 weeks, oh man, I wish I was going in 3 weeks!!!

One thing, I did LC, I did Dukie, sort of, but with the exercise I am using parts of all of it, I really need to move weight but it is all about keeping it off, and it makes sense, carbs, refined bad carbs, make us fat, carbs, sugar and bad fats are lethal, some things Dukie taught me, Oat bran, FF greek yogurt and non fat milk are now staples of my diet, you can eat FF dairy and lose weight that is a great addition to my life!!!! You can eat healthy carbs to fuel workouts if you pay attention to fat, this I know!!! I have learned it and lived it! Cookies and donuts are yet to cause weight loss, LOL

I will weigh in tomorrow Susan, I am trying to not weigh everyday I like Fri and Mon but for you I will make an exception!!! LOL

Iam-hi love!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-03-2012 at 04:44 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

171.4 doesn't fluctuate much bounces between 168.4 & 172 Consistent - maybe the exercise with Amber's Honey Badgers will have it bounce a little lower. I never know how much water I retain...depends on wha I eat.

Blessings everyone!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

You're doing great at maintaining Faithful. I figure 1-3 pounds is just water weight changes. Are you following the Dukan consolidation rules?

My weight today is 158. Jumping up and down with joy because I think that's the first time I've been in the 150's since my mid 30s. Only 3 pounds from what DD says is my true weight. Afraid I still have about 20 pounds of extra fat hanging around. 133 is really about ideal for me. I'm just going to take it week by week and see how low my body wants to go. I'll have to admit, the only exercise I've been doing is walking. I may start adding a little weight lifting this week, but really want to concenrate on getting the fat off first, then will work on toning and building more muscle. I know my body well enough to know it takes really low carb to keep me losing.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:29 AM   #28

205.8 the bloat is coming off I want to be under 200 this month, Dukie says my true weight is 198, I think can get to 175 or close to it, might take the surgery for that but I am going to try like the dickens!

Becky- were you loving BL? Man Dolvett coming in on that helicopter? Totally bad ass, loved it!!! Bob- you aint puking til I see your dinner coming up! No excuses was the theme, got me totally jacked!
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

I love BL too. This year looks like it will be fun. I was really happy to see the red team win for once. Can't wait to see how the weight lifter and the other arthlete look like by the end. With so many starting out smaller this year, they should look unbelievable by the finale.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Down 3 pounds after restart on Monday but must say I am not being strict and have had a few blips. Wish my heart could get into it more. I never 'e' HATE it!!!! I admire you who do though.

Susan I am so excited for you. KUTGW. I only hit the 180's for a minute before I blimped up over 200 again. Wish I could be going to Vegas in the 180's but can't have cake and eat it too I went on vacation in the summer a few days sticking pretty close to Dukan and lost a little but won't happen in Vegas home of the free cocktails

Amber I am SO happy BL ditched Anna. I never follow a soup recipe so I can't hlep with that one. I usually just put some veggies in a pot with water to cover and simmer and then add some meat and broth. If using raw meat I chop it up and add along with the veggies. My basic would be carrots, celery, onion and cabbage and usually toss in a can of diced tomatoes.

to the newbies. Hope you stick around. Misery loves company Come on in and sit a spell
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote