Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
That is very very helpful amber, thank you. I had heard horror stories, people gaining 50lb, being in agony...ooerr.. I will take plenty of naproxen before hand!! Doctor said I will still bleed all the time just wont be flooding, only light - I can live with that!!

Thanks so much

(sorry for the off topic guys!!) xx
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Sue, you had really good results for your first 2 weeks of Cruise. Some people slow down to almost nothing those weeks before starting up again. Your weekly average is fantastic. Good to hear from you.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Had to remind myself to eat again today. Guess that is a good thing... Had my salmon salad but it was way too much for a not hungry person. Last time I went PP same thing happened. Tomorrowis PP & it will be easier cause I won't have to remember anything.

Carry on, everyone & NO SUBJECT IS OFF TOPIC We are here to help! At least that is what I thougt...

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-25-2012 at 05:06 PM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Dancer- yes there are 2 types one has hormones and is in for 5 years that is mine, there is a 10 year one no hormones and you get a light period, I opted for no period, but now have this darn spotting, good luck the insertion is not that bad I get myself all worked up, the removal was easy, but I get all nuts over a pap smear, LOL

OK I decided I am doing 7 day attack next week! Tummy surgery is looking like it might happen-- March 2 holy crap that is less than 5 weeks away I gotta mix something up totally, now I was reviewing Dukan now he says no more than 1 kg of dairy so I am like WTH does that mean?? So this is what I found
Well, a kg=2.2 lbs. and 1 lb. = 16 oz. so, 1 kg = 35.2 oz!

So does that 35 ounces mean like a 4 ounce container of greek yogurt, an 8 ounce glass of milk, etc? I can live with that, now if it is by the pound I guess that is different since one pound is 16 ounce of liquid?? Gosh now I got math to factor in! I am going to see if just FF dairy carbs can push some weight off me, and allow me to work out at my nutso levels. I am still taking the Chantix I am debating quitting it next week, I can't smoke so why keep taking the pills, there is no way I am freaking smoking, especially with surgery now looming close! Going to read up and look at some recipes so I am not bored and tempted and be prepared for a good solid 7 day attack, pure protein, no veg, no nothing and if that doesn't move weight I give up! LOL I remember I lost 8 pounds the first week I did it then I lost nothing I should have stuck with it more, it really isnt hard to follow and I love milk! So that is my plan, now I typed it so I have to do it!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

PP Days

WOW! PP days are a real appetite killer for me. I may have to set an alarm to remind me to eat. It is 2:35pm & I am just now thinking about food but NOT hungry. Having Susan's eggs & oat brand with lime juice Topped with some whole milk. Has 2T of coconut oil in it. THANKS Susan for the quick meal!

Will read up later....food is ready!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, PP & dairy.

I eat all the low fat dairy (2% or less) I want on PP days! I did in the beginning and am now! When I started, before I read the book, I got info from thedukandiet .info & followed what was there...still do! Man I went through a lot of Daisy c cheese & S cream, eggs, kefir, Fage 0 & venison, turkey, salmon & tuna. I hardly use recipies & cook cause I am such a Purest when it comes to food. I just need to eat it- doesn't have to look & taste good (well it does help for the long haul! But for a few days- no biggie! Autimated meals are what is simple. KISS method.

But since you are going on PP then may I make a suggestion that you start on magnesium from day one! Won't hurt you and may save a lot of gut congestion down the road- you won't have to play catch-up.

Got my brlusn (breakfast, lunch,snack) in me @ 2:50PM. Back to work!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #247

Iam I do take magnesium twice a day and still have issues!!! Well now my plan is diverted I had exciting news today a girl from Atkins PR dept called me and asked if I would consider doing a national TV appearance or magazine article---holla???? Umm yes if I can fit it into my busy schedule of work and laundry and cat box duties, LOL So she is sending me an email and she wants more pics and I have to sign another consent and then let the $ roll, LOL Well I may not make any money but it is exciting to think about!!! Now I feel like I am cheating on Atkins, LOL Maybe I need another go at Induction or something and tone down the exercise, OMG this was more stress!!! Last week I hit 209 on Thursday I was 213 this morning, WTH? It is the CHantix I know it, so I am finishing the 3 I have and then that is it, how could I gain 7 pounds in 3 days when I am not even eating over 1800 calories and working out like a nut?? makes no sense so I am blaming the pill!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

That & the water gain. When it is that much in a short time it is ALWAYS WATER you know that! Glad about the Arkins thing! I don't know about induction but I still think the PP is what you need. So what if they are atkins- you have to do what is right for your body & a week of PP would begood. BTW last time I took mag for movement I did this...took 4 Phillips caps & 4 500mg caps of mag. I know Phillips is just mag but I boosted it and in no time things were moving well. I am still fine but know what to do next time! Sometimes our bidy gets accustomed to something if it is always available & we have to shake things up...but you know that too! Is there anything you don't know? Loads of stuff I don't & I learn from ya'll all the time.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Exciting news Amber! Hopefully you can get off the Chantix soon. You are throught the worst stage, just keep remembering you can never take a puff again and you'll be fine.

Isn't it funny how your appetite just disappears after you do PP. That's one of the reasons I'm a litttle worried about starting consolidation and adding fruit back. Will be interesting to see if I can do it and still keep the rest of the eating under control. Hope so, cause I do miss fruit.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, you will do fine! I realize one of the wonderful things about DD is it changes your way of thinking! That is why each phase coves such a long period of time! Just remember that MODERATION IS THE KEY TO EATING! I added fruit because I just love it. There are a few I SELDOM won't say NEVER touch. Banana, grapes, cherries, raisin because they arre just grapes. These are the things highest in sugar. I do use sour cherry juice concentrate in my Kombucha but it eats all the sugar for me. I find that I have little desire for fruit & apples etc go bad if I buy nore than 1 & the kiddos arnt hear to eat it. Plain applesauce is still in cabinets along with other jared fruit packed in pear juice without added sugars. Just lost my want to after tasting it.

Now I know fruit is good for us! I don't stay away from it, but it is like vegies (which I used to consume in volumes) I just don't think about fruit. You are doing so well- why don't you reward yourself with 1 (ONE) piece of fruit a week. It is not going to slow you down. I think if there is something you miss so much now you migt go "badger wild" when you can add them I'm. Remember my philosophy...If you are miserable or unhappy it won't work! I am just giving my view point for you to think about.

CARRY ON DUCANIESTAS & DIVAS!

Sp,eone plseas think about Feb Thread & please post the links to all the Dukie sites. I can't from my phone. Thanks!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-27-2012 at 02:54 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Sometime in Feb I will add a fruit a day. Right now am adding 4 TB of ground chia seed to my oat bran cereal and seeing how that effects my weight. So far so good and it solves the constipation problem.

I found a new form of exercise I can do at work and it's fun! Have you ever tried walking backwards. Suppose to burn 10 times more calories than walking forward according to some sources and be good for your brain. My brain needs all the help it can get.
James Shaw's Blog: Walking Backwards--What Happens in Your Brain!

I was thinking if I walk backwards 10 minutes an hour 4 out of the 8 hours I'm at work, I'd get 40 minutes of extra walking in a day and I usually have the time after I finish my routine work. I also did arm exercises at the same time tonight. I will probably drive my co-workers crazy!

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu

Last edited by stilldews; 01-27-2012 at 04:37 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Backwards?

I can picture you doing that! Don't run into anything...I would break my neck bu when I get my hall cleaned oyt might try that. I can see all of us walking backwards! Too funny. I'm thinking you are in a nursing profession. Am I correct? If so I am picturing the patients watching their nurses walking backward down the hall!

You just reminded me with all that is going on never ordered my chia seeds. Do you use black or white. Any difference in them? Can you post a link to the health benefits...I know there are alot of them.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #253

I see people at the gym walking bckwards on the treadmill and I go backwards on the elliptical it def works another set of muscles, walking backwards like down a hall would be challenging for sure, so I can see how it would burn more calories, I am sucha clod I would hurt somebody!

Does that chia really help the constipation? OMG I am so backed up I cant think, LOL I am trying all the natural stuff magnesium, fiber One, physllium husk nothing is working! I stopped the constipation is a listed side effect of that,and I think that is what is making these huge water weight shifts!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

I am a nurse and work on a psych ward, so am hoping none of my patients saw me walking backwards. The ward is T shaped with the pt's rooms on both sides of the long hall and another hall which is the top of the T that goes by the nurses station, so that is the one I walk. No one will see me unless they are awake at night. I can really feel it in my legs and probably only did it about 15 minutes.

I think the chia is solving my constipation problem, but it might be the Roasted Watermelon seeds I've been eating the last couple days too. The chia seed is mostly fiber and has 4000mg omega 3 in 4 TB. The white and black have the same benefits. The black are cheaper, so that's what I use. I grind them in a little coffee grinder. Here are some of the benefits.

http://www.mychiaseeds.com/Articles/...olesterol.html

Last edited by stilldews; 01-27-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the post on chia. I will read it tomorrow when I am on "the ball" literally.
Psyche Nurse...interesting. Why is it my life is full of Psyche Nurses! Hmmmmmmm!

Interesting, Amber, you would mention constipation & weight. I was going to suggest that to you when I got on tonight! Maybe you can do what I did this week & take 4 Philipps caplettts (magnesium) & 4 500mg capsuels of mag. It did wonders. You may not be taking enough for a cleansing dose!
Give it a try or read what is in the Philips & add 2000mg to that from your bottle. When DD was here she had to take as many as 12 500mg to clean her out.

Blessings!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-27-2012 at 10:16 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #256

TMI ALERT

IAM- I gave birth yesterday! LOL And you know what I was 213 on Thursday 209 yesterday and 206 today that is nuts????????????????But now I am 2 days off Chantix too, so maybe that will help!!!!! Like not to be gross but after I finally went I noticed I was peeing way more, like it had my bladder trapped or something, I always drink the same amount of water, and like I was not going as much, so now if I can just keep it that way, I am re-doing my pills today for the week and I am going to add more magnesium morning and evening!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
TMI ALERT

IAM- I gave birth yesterday! LOL And you know what I was 213 on Thursday 209 yesterday and 206 today that is nuts????????????????But now I am 2 days off Chantix too, so maybe that will help!!!!! Like not to be gross but after I finally went I noticed I was peeing way more, like it had my bladder trapped or something, I always drink the same amount of water, and like I was not going as much, so now if I can just keep it that way, I am re-doing my pills today for the week and I am going to add more magnesium morning and evening!!!!
Might do better if you take it all at one time. But if you try that do it on a weekend when you don't have to work just in case....

Delivering that child can definitely have an amazing feeling! I delivered a 4LB baby some months back! Talk about clogged! Not only feel clean inside but lighter (& we are)! & yes it can cause the water plumbing to have kinks as well!!!

Wonder if the Chantrix was also binding? I can take one pain Rx but another- OH MY like concrete! I never let myself go (er not go) over 3 days or I feel awful. Even all the kefir in the world can't out do loads of protein even with oat brand.

I am going to order chia seeds today! Becky (new daugter - don't have in-laws) was put on cholesterol Rx this week...hers was fine a year ago & I really want off Crestor. Stopped itwhen I started VCO for 2 mos but labs were NOT good. Maybe more VCO & Chia might get the job done for me then I can try to get her to try it. She is not very adventuresome with "foods" but takes her Rx (I dislike chemicals) Becky had a heart valve replacement & it is only good for maybe 10 years... She was 33... Too young to be unhealthy & overweight. She blames the Lyrica & that may have have helped bit stress & comfort eating has done BOTH of them in.

Feeling really thin today (except for tummy ) but scale is still staying 167-169. This is the longest I have bounced UNDER 171! Kinda nice but I am not excited yet. Should 150 ever surface then I will get excited!

Weird - weight down to new low but last week blood pressure is wacko! What's up with that???

Blessings!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-28-2012 at 07:33 AM..
Old 01-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Checking innn...sorry been awol

Been busy and had stupid amount of hassle from work due to having time off unwell ... basically now on another hideous warning..which is stressing me big time!! As a result now seem to be flaring with my crohns... had an awful day... just glad to be home, near my own toilet..and with a large cuppa!!

Will be taking a flare break so to speak - chicken soup, water and tea, babyfood in a few days. Hopefully it will clear up fast

TTFN xxxx
Old 01-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Dance, do ya'll have access to kefir grains in UK or did I ask. I know MK has really helped with IBS & Chrons. The grains kinda predigest the lactose & milk proteins. Maybe I can mail you some. I have had them travel 2 weeks to Canada so they should make UK. Get to feeling better! You don't need work stressing you with warnings. Huggs!!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

oo yes we can get those here, but thanks so much for the kind offer

That warning and all the meetings etc pretty much set me off... that night I was rough and then today been poorlier than I have been a long time. We got kids round tonight too, so really hard and just embarassing. Hopefully can rest up tommorow - since I have to be at work monday regardless!!

Thanks so much I am Hope your having a good weekend xx
Old 01-29-2012, 02:38 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Get to feeling better danceruk. Sorry you're having such a rough time.

Amber, congrats! Bet getting off the Chantix helped matters.

Faithful, I am taking the Chia for my choleserol too. I hae been on Lipitor for a number of years and am going to ask the Dr to let me stop this next visit and see what the chia does. 4 TB seems to be the magic amt. I mix my 2 TB oat bran with a little milk powder, 1 1/3 cups of water, 1 tsp cinnamon and stevia. Microwave 3 minutes, then stir in the ground chia seeds and top off with a little Splenda. Makes a huge bowl. You don't really have to grind the chia but I like it better that way. I just grind it in a portable little coffee grinder that I use for flax seed too. I also like to add the unground seeds to jello or just add the seeds any drink and let set in the refrig for awhile. They swell up into a gel that you can drink or eat with a spoon.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

OK Susan you have me convinced! Didn't order chia yesterday cause when I got my Lowes bill I was floored @ the min payment...about $150 more than I expected. That is ok but I was going to pay down home equity (5%) first! Now I will have to pay them both down at the same time. Playing with thfinancing of this "new" house is so interesting! I am glad I don't have to worry about the $$$$ ~ that is Jesus' Job! I just have to be smart with what He sends to me & only buy necessary things! gI am so glad I learned to live on literally nothing...makes this a breeze! After I think all this through & pay bills next week I will be brave enough to spend the $25 to get 5LBS. Is that a fairly good amointN Have no clue as to volume here. Just got a gal of VCO for $29 shipped in cause it is close to exp date. Wull refrigerateit wen the garage (40°) warms up.

VCO isposed to be good for cholesterol - last year when I changed over to it & REAL BUTTER I went off my Crestor for 2 mos then had my levels checked. Sad! I immediately went back on! I don't think I gave things a chance before I went off. I usually jumpthe gun! I am still doing VCO but not the 3-4 tb a day- just prolly using 1-2 in my cooking & "licking" the spoon or knife which I always make sure has lots on it. My skin feelsso good this winter! I am due for labs in a couple weeks B4 my yearly physical in March. So I am convinced both will make a change & if it does maybe when Becky moves in I can convince her to try one or both. Willing to pay for it if she will talk it.

still @ 167 today but waking up at 3AM starving. So I finally gave in cooked 2 eggs & a small piece of toast & went back to sleep. Weird! But instead of figting it I think I will go back to sleep & sleep better if Ibjust do the egg thing & go back to sleep.

Have a grwat Sunday everyone!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-29-2012 at 07:13 AM..
Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

My "thumbing" is really sad today. Please read what I meant not what is there.... BAD spelling! Yuck!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Don't worry, my spelling/typing skills are really bad and I never proff read. $25 for 5 pounds of chia seeds is very good and should last you a long long time. I was going to warn you that there are some people trying to sell chia seeds for $55 a pound and they are muliti level marketing scams like Mila and others that claim to be "special" chia seeds. According to what I've read, all chia seeds are grown organically so even paying extra for organic isn't neccessary. The kind I have have are a mixture of black and white seeds and I think most of the black ones you order will be like that.

I think I'll ask the doctor if I can go off lipitor for 6 months before getting retested. Will probably depend on what the blood draw looks like this time. I know my total will probably go up, but hope to keep the Healthy part high . I've read that total doesn't really mean anything and am more worried about it being too low.

Read some interesting information about gluten today and how for some people it increases appetite and water retention. Think I'm going to try to stay gluten free as much as possible. Got a new cookbook called Low Carbing Among Friends with lots of recipes, some using the Splendid Gluten Free Bake Mix recipe that sound interesting.

My weight seems to be staying about the same this week so far with the added chia seeds and a little unsweetened chocolate added to the mix. Otherwise still doing 95% Dukan.

Last edited by stilldews; 01-29-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Old 01-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

UGH! Had a long post "thumbed" & my phone blew it away!

165.4 today down 2+ lbs since last Monday Badger post. I feel kinda weird so I think I need to go back to the way I was eating except for the Bryers & MikeN Ikes! I may add green juice! I forget to eat vegies & maybe I need the micronutrients ~ not that I don't take enoug supplements!

Don't know...I have to drive to Evansville to find organic & I feel like if I ampotting gmos in me I will become GMOed! Maybe I am over thinking this! I am not a radical fanatic but I can't eat regular chicken any more or turkey even- thank goodness WM carries a healthy brand of both-no pesticides or hormones (taste is worth the little extra). Donno... Need to do something-I feel like something is missing!

OH well! Have a Blessed day! Maybe my electrician will show up to start today. He keeps prolonging it to finish "emergency" jobs. Oh well it will be warm (60s) the next few days! Good time for him to be in the atticzj
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Cookies for Chrons Disease

I have been reading about VCO and it is staed to be very helpful for Chrons & IBS. Also I have heard about coconut macaroons for Chrons for a long time. Reposts in this article are numerous that coconut macaroons stop the diarreah associated with Chrons & other intestinal disorders. Might be worrth researching & trying if you have or know someone with this problem. Blessings!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #267
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: judyk
Stats: 225.4/225.4/175
WOE: Healthy
Where did everyone go? I want to jump in and join you. I am starting Dukan today and I know I will have a lot of questions. My profile on the Dukan site states to do the Attack phase for 3 days. I bought a rotisserie chicken and have been piecing on it today. So far I have had 1 egg, greek yogurt with the oat bran stirred in (didn't care for it - too thick), chicken, and a small slice of ham. I am so pumped to see the success everyone has had and am determined to stay strong and not deviate. I'll be back tomorrow with a report. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #268

IAm- wow the health food store here has chia seeds now I have to look at the price man that is salty!!! There is a great bulk food place we need to make a run, they usually have stuff like that cheap! My cholesterol was 129 and all I eat is butter is olive oil and CO, I am actually wondering if maybe it went up when I started eating more carbs and started watching my fat more. I am back to doing LC and will see what happens!!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyk View Post
Where did everyone go? I want to jump in and join you. I am starting Dukan today and I know I will have a lot of questions. My profile on the Dukan site states to do the Attack phase for 3 days. I bought a rotisserie chicken and have been piecing on it today. So far I have had 1 egg, greek yogurt with the oat bran stirred in (didn't care for it - too thick), chicken, and a small slice of ham. I am so pumped to see the success everyone has had and am determined to stay strong and not deviate. I'll be back tomorrow with a report. Any advice would be appreciated.
We are here for you! Great to have you join us.

A few of us always hang around...some drop in every now and then & some (Hi Becky) lurk in the shadows reading & rarely post. Join us on the Feb thread. Someone will start a new one & they are always considerate enough to put a link at the end of the current month & links to the Dukie sites on the new post for the month.

Susan, do you think you can start a new one for us & JUDYK will need some of your expert help & recipies etc. You are so terrific & are doing so well Dukin It Out! Huggs

Amber, I am ordering @ $5/lb comes from the Amazon Jungle

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-31-2012 at 02:37 AM..
Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry guysss... I am here, just under my duvet!

Stinky cold & ladies trouble & flare up... seriously..gimme a break!! Feeling a bit better for a day of rest, but gonna have to pay the price no doubt for taking a day off... seriously STRESSED!!

Chicken soup...and hot tea is all thats been on my menu...feeling a bit whispyyy..ugh ready to have some real food hopefully in a couple weeks!!

Will keep checking in dukies

*Waves* Judy - jump right in eat plenty, dont go hungry and you will be all good

TTFN lovelies xxx