Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Becky's always right here following along but haven't been following the diet and haven't felt like posting. Happy for you and putting down the sticks I am hoping to be back to losing after I return from the city of buffets
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Iam here is one of the meatza pie recipes so you can get the drift:
Meatzza

Ingredients:
2 lbs. Ground Turkey, Beef, or Pork
2 Eggs
1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbsp. Penzey's Italian Sausage Seasoning
1 c. Mozzarella Cheese
Pizza Sauce
Sauteed Veggies

Directions:
Mix ground meat, eggs, parmesan cheese & seasoning (I use my hands). Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and pat mixture in pan. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Depending on the fat content of your meat there may be fat that needs to be drained from the pan. You can also blot the top with a paper towel. Top meat base with sauce, veggies and cheese and broil until cheese is nicely browned and bubbly.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:58 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Have fun Becky!! When are you leaving??? Bring home lots of money! Oh its at least going to be warm, I hate this snow and cold we have here, 2 more months of it, yuck!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Becky so glad to see you pop in. I knowu don't always feel like posting & maybe you are eating differently but that doesn't mean we don't love you and want to hear from you? I'm glad Amber called you out of hiding! This is LC FRIENDS not LC "only if ou stick to plan " Friends. Please pop in! You are important to us. We NEED you! & everyone else that is lurking in the shadows of "Threadland". Thanks for the recipe! Have fun in Vegas

UGH! Squirrels in my bird feeders! Got to set my trap & relocate the 5 that are out there!
Amber, what a way to use your time! De-smoking your home & clothes! That will make things so much easier for you! After while what happened to me I hope happens to you ~ the smell or thought of cigs brought to my mind ~ wait for it....

"The thouht & taste of licking a dirty ash tray!" UGH!!!!

Haven't felt that in years & I just experienced it for you! Anything for a friend! Told you we had your back!

& as for the smores??? THAT WAS WHAT YOU NEEDED TO DO! I am so for you! Bet you thought we would ! You needed that family time & fun with good old fashioned SUGAR! One smore will do a lot to lift your spirits & bring you closer to your goal (quitting)! See you can have a smore and not regret it! That was etter than a day at the spa!!!

I would hang out everything I could! The fresh air (especially with snow on the ground is much bettee (& less costly) than the dry cleaners. The air, sun & breeze will not only freshen your clothes from any smell but will also sanitize your hings! We used to dry things (diapers included) on the line when we lived in Alaska! Hope you have a clothes line! If not maybe Tony can rig something up for you!

Apherisis is donating platelets. I got a call that Red Cross was DESPERATE ! I am CMV Negative which means I missed having an illness as a little kid. This means all parts of my blood can be given even to premature babies. It is over a 4 hour thing for me including a 45 minute drive each way & I haven't been able to donate since Oct 2011 before my knee surgery. I can donate every two weeks so since they are so short I will set aside the gas $ and the time
for the next few months! I can't do a lot to help other people as I don't get away from home much- this is my way of giving my life to others!

I am an organ doner as well-just incase ya'll need something IF I ever leave this life here. But you will have to wait til I go-no early donations other than blood & platelets. Just thought I would throw that in-that is the second reason I want to be as healthy as possible at this point inmy life here.

I also donate blood but can't do both as I am a single needle stick and if something goes wrong (rare occurrence) they may not be able to return my red cells - so I have to choose! Occasionally I do give whole blood! I need that! I feel better physically when I drop a pint & get fresh cells made! Like giving my blood new muscles! Got to get some eggs & steak in me cause all they have there is "Real junk food full of sugar" they want you to eat after the two hours of being hooked up! Hink I wil treat myself to a Subway Saladand a walk through Amazonia (Evansville Zoo) exhibit.
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
Phewww

Hellllooo all

Becky *waves* Thanks for posting the proper meatza info hehe... mmm its yummy, my OH was saying ewww thats yuk!! ...boys lol

IAM - Hope your tummy is feeling better - mmm..eggs and steak sounds yuuummm

Brrr Amber, I hate snow too, hope its soon Sping for you ..its so mild here, windy, but warm... very weird!! Been around 8 or 10 even now through December & January, so mild, didnt even wear a coat today!

I been tidying out my clothes and stuff, trying to set up a little area for my clothers in the spare room, its super tiny in there, so unsure if putting a rail in there is the best idea - Any ideas guys?? Been trying to think, really need something small I can hang my clothes on, put a basket in there already....hmm... A little project

Went to the market yesterday and picked up a tonne of stuff, some lovely fresh veg and sausages

Got a new bra in the sales... a 32GG - Nearlyyy there, gonna give myself 3 weeks then try it again, dont want to depress myself!! Hope it works!!

Hope everyone is having a good day xxxxx
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Dance! Good to hear from you! Don't have a clue as to how to help you! However, youvhave a vivid imagination- I habe confidence you will figure it out!

Decided to go on 4 days of PP starting Monday AM - might as well strst today! Already have the morning out of the way. Posting thisso I will be accountable.

Blessings!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Sounds like you're losing where you need to danceruk. Funny how my bust hasn't changed a whole lot this time around.

Becky good hear from you. Those endless buffets sure sound tempting.

Faithful, great that you're able to give some help to those little premies. Hope you have a good day of rest.

I was hit with a huge chocolate craving today and made a treat that's not really Dukan legal, but not too bad either. I melted a square of the unsweetened 100% cacao Ghirardelli baking bar with a couple tsp coconut oil and then stirred in a little vanilla extract, a TB Greek yogurt, some stevia and Splenda. Let it set 5 minutes in the freezer to harden a little and ate it with a spoon. Realy hit the spot and now I feel like I may never want chocolate again. Of course I will in a couple weeks, but it sure took care of that craving.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmmmm! Never thought of making fudge like that! Think I will take 1oz Nestles Bitter Sweet & about the same amt of coconut oil & melt together.I just got a big tub of Fage 0 so I can put isn some of that. Should be good! Nice tip... I usually put Hersheys Special Dark cocoa powder in Fage 0 & some sweetner. Mix well & let sit for a few hours. Makes super chocolate moose (sp). You can use any kind of cocoa powder add vanilla etc. Taste to bee sure you have ot the way you want before letting the flavors meld together.

Got makings for meatza today - no vegies just onions- & lots of Fage 0, salmon, tuna & eggs - cottage cheese. Still PP and will go through prolly Thurs. Wonder what will happen???? I have been here since mid June! Good to know I can eat MY NEW NORMAL & not gain! Maybe shaking it up for a while will get rid of a little more - just happy to keep off what is gone! I WILL NEVER BE FAT(er) AGAIN! When my mom died I promised myself I would never be a FAT CORPSE! I guess I found a way to keep that - of course I am planning to live to 175!!!!!!!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-22-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Old 01-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
I'm so excited!! A new low today!! 197.2!!! I hope I can keep on going down now. Just need to stay focused.

Made chicken stir fry for dinner tonight. It was SO good!! Had two bowls of it.

Watching stargate atlantis on netflix right now. end of the first season. It's so good!!

Have a nice evening!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi All!

Really enjoyed catching up on all the posts. Been out of touch this weekend because we were gone to spend the weekend with DGKs. Two of them had birthdays and it was so much fun (as well as exhausting!) to hang out with them.

I was able to stick with my plan and resist all cake! Did have a few bites of ice cream though.

IAM: Thanks! I always enjoy reading your posts.

We just got back home and I'm wiped out. Gonna go climb into bed before I get tempted to visit the kitchen!

Talk to you all tomorrow.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 AM   #221

Hi girls, IAM, I hope I have your energy at your age, you wear me out woman!!! LOL

Day 5 of no smoking!!! Whew it is getting easier everyday some things just totally set me off, but you know it passes quickly! Tony's friends from HS had a brunch yesterday the one lady he graduated with she is 51, had twins late in life, lost about 40 pounds but had really big breasts on her small frame, she just had a Breast reduction and tummy tuck, she was 9 days post op, OMG she looked fabulous!!!! She said Amber do it, you will be so glad, you are in good shape, seeing her really helped to keep me focused on why I will never smoke again! I want this tummy hacked, somehow managed to lose .2 I will take it, if I can get by here maintaining til I am off the CHantix and through the worst of smoking I am fine with that!

Lenise- congrats hun!! Now stay there or go lower, I think you are finally past the hurdle!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

.2 is a major victory! You did well!

Started PP & found out why I stopped eating the salmon/tuna in the pouch. Sodium drives my body wacko! Rings so tight had to take a diuretic cause they hurt! 168.0 this am but not excited about it... Rather lovin Amber's .2 cause she had ro work so hard.

Yam Keep on going! Doing great!

Susan made the chocolate, VCO, greek yogurt last night. Put some of Bob's coconut flakes in it! Really good! A little tart because I don't use much sweetner....but it made me realize how much I really don't care for "sweets/deserts"... I like jelly beans & Mike n Ikes! They are nowhere to be seen in my house! No will power there-easier to quit smoking!

Have electrician coming today & last coat of blue paint in son's room. It scares me a tad how far in debt I am going to do this but then remember Jesus meets ALL my need not my wants! This remake is a need (badly over due). Since this house belongs to Him, it is not my worry! He has never paid a debt late! Deep breath of relief & relaxing! No stress here! Just have to do as He Tells me & leave the big things to Him. Life with Jesus is "Better than carbs!"

Blessings!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-23-2012 at 05:35 AM..
Old 01-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, Last March I could barely lift my arms or sweep my floors! Could not do two consecutive things without having to rest & nap between them Lucky to have a n hour total of good time per day. I was still recovering from knee replacement in Nov 2010 & reaction of my body with it's fibro thingy.

Then came Dukie, Kombucha, Kefir & LCF! Sent straight from my Master Himself! Totally changed my health & energy. He gets credit for putting these four things in my life!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #224

You are amazing!!!! This is all good debt you are incurring to help your family it will resolve itself,I gave up worrying about money I figure I will always be broke, but pay my bills on time, have a roof and food on the table so that is all that matters!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Yep...you got that right. A rich person is not someone who has the most but someone who needs the least! I am the richest person I know... Been living without cabinets, flooring & carpet, have plastic around my tub & never had a real heater in my house. But my financial obligations are always met, I have an A+ credit rating in an economy like this, my house is warm during winter & cool in summer, there is a place to rest and hot water for a shower. I have a bed to sleep on or a floor if the bed is too uncomfortanle. My car gets me from point A to point B in comfort and safety even though the A/C went out this summer - I just make my trips early or late. I have a few good friends & a family that is close to one another. Until I lost weight was content to wear what I had and still wear them even if they are big! Life is too much fun to sweat the small stuff or think the Jones have it better-they are probably nervous wrecks trying to keep up with the Smiths down the street. The only way I have anything is to keep giving and giving...But I have never been able to out give Jesus! He amazes me every mooment of the day - I just have to keep focused & not take my eyes off of Him!

Made my 1st meatza today! May never eat pizza again - at least for a while... Blessings!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-23-2012 at 10:43 AM..
Old 01-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

197.2 for two days in a row!! Yahoo!!! Can't believe it!!

Just relaxing right now. Really need to clean up the kitchen from dinner but I don't really feel it. Dirty dishes and dirty clothes never end!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #227

Lenise- WTG 2 day weight is a good thing! Oh tell me about the laundry and the dishes, LOL I told my son we need to live in a nudist colony, he said well you would still have clothes to wash I said not if we are naked everyday, he said Mom that is just plain gross, LOL I said so is your underwear, 11 year old boy underwear is toxic waste!!! All I do is luandry the work out clothes, x 2 for me and Tony and yoga is tons of towels and more workout clothes it never ends!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Hint! My 10 & 11 year-old grand kids do their own laundry! Hint!

Lensie!! Yeah!!!!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-23-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

My kids do their own laundry too. But dh's and mine still seem to add up.

Going to work! Catch ya later!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Yam-yam. You did good resisting that cake.

Amber .2 is wonderful on the week you stopped smoking. It will be so worth it and not just because you can have the surgery. Think of all the good you are doing your health and the years you are adding to your life!

Lenise and Faithful, sounds like you're doing well this week. I'm hoping to be down a little by Wed AM. Going shopping today and plan on doing some cooking on Wed.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Made my meatza but realized this morning it would have been better if I had REMEMBERED to put in eggs & parm cheese. Duh!!! It is still good though! Thanks for the recipe Becky!

Carry on all & have a good day! Day 3 of PP for me....going down easy!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:20 AM   #232

I gotta try that meatz stuff, it sounds good, and it only takes 10 minutes in the oven?

Day 6 I think I got this, there is no turning back now, not after all the withdrawl crap I went through these last few days, last night it hit me that it is not that bad, I still get urges but its like OK it will pass!

Today's email was not to try to diet or worry about weight, LOL I was trying to limit coffee, but forget that---- I need that I will worry about that in a another few weeks, LOL

Carry on kids, today I am going to go lift after work then hot yoga is at 7:15 so a double workout, I am holding between 205-208 as long as it doesnt go higher than that, I will relax about the darn scale and then worry about getting it off!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in guys

Glad you liked the meatza I am yum yum, I cooked mine for around an hour Amber. 20 minutes on its own - then added the tomato sauce and veggies, another 20 minutes, then added cheese for the final 20 mins

Sorry havent checked in, feeling so rubbish atm, boobs going down so thats good, but...arg having nothing but lady err trouble! Been pretty much non stop now since end of November, bar about 8 days. Just feel so drained and fed up - been a tad touchy today to say the least!!

Glad to be home, and have sausages in the oven! Made two crustless quiche things yesterday, having those for brekkie

My little dressing room is coming along nicely... got some pink baskets (it also doubles up as stepdaughters room - so gotta pink it up a bit!!), a pink pop up basket, some lovely new sheets & a satin throw I got on sale...phew...now just got to move all my clothes in there!!

Hope everyone had a good day xxxx
Old 01-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #234

Day 7!!
Dancer sorry you are not feeling well in the female dept that is a pain! The room sounds lovely though!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Amber WTGJ I think you have the mental part whippwd! I KNEW you could do this! You are a powerful force thay can accomplish whatever you set your mind to doing. You have been that lady your whole life but only in the past year or so found her.

Susan, you are like a steady rock. I remember last summer when you joined this thread! Wow! You have come so far and been so consistent! Like a pillar holding up a fortress you have just kept working your plan steadly annd without flinching! You determined to be healthy and the picts you posted are a Brand New YOU! It is amazing and ow you are able to help others. Your recipe posting is so helpful for someone like me that doesn't have access to internet & can't find things when I do...Internet all thumbs here where my son is an IT Gru! He didn't get it from mom, that's for sure!

Dance, concerned your problems have gone on so long! I am bot a big doctor fan but my GYN is a personal friend & I do know "most" of them know their stuff. Have you consulted someone? Pink is always nice! A dressing room! Hmmmm. Maybe when (& IF) family ever moves out (they are moving in by summer here) I will convert my Master Bedroom to a dressing room & use the little room to sleep in. Never understood why we need such a big room to sleep in. Maybe so couples could chase each other around! (Blush) I am waaaay past that stage in life but I know youngsters aren't!& yes I am hooked on meatza. I frgot to put eggs & parm cheese in my "crust" but it turned out well. May make another one this eeek! Maybe sme indicidual "crusts" & freeze them. That way I can have one whenever I want-just need to add toppings. As much pizza as my son's family eats, maybe I can switch them to a healthier version for the them especially after thet move in! Plans...hmmmmm... Got to help them loose pounds and get well IF they will let me!

Lensie! A new low! I didn't miss it! Just read it again! Thrilled!

Yam Yam (does that name have a significance?) you are doing well! Down 31 since summer? It has taken me over a year to get that far! After my knee replacement and a trial of Lyrica for my bodies figro thingy I went back up to 198 and this morning I just hit the 31 lb loss.

OK weigh in today new low 167! Not excited yet... I want to see where this is going to take me. I think 3 days PP was good but got a craving for lettuce & vegoes today so may make this a PV day.

Last night went to my grandaughters play (she is in gifted & talented -braging- and is quite an actress). My son had a BIG BOX of Mike N Ikes - like he needs them- & granson offered me a handful. I thought maybe one just to check where my taste buds are. BLEAH!!! Nasty! So they are right where I NEED them.

I'm going to see what the Badgers are doing. Comeon over to the challenge! It is so encouraging just reading the posts!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Becky, I see you lurking in the shadows! Haven't forgotten you. Come on out & play wiith us! We miss your smiling face and fun spirit! Hang in there, girl! You are a terrific gal!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:30 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Just checking in quick. Wt today 155. Found one BMI chart that says I am only marginally overweight now. That sounds so much nicer than obese or extremely obese, both of which I've been. Still need 11 pounds gone to be in the healthy weight range. I'm just trying to listen to my body and since it's still averaging about a pound a week lose, I figure it's still willing and able to go a little lower. Phase 3 is getting closer all the time and I'm looking forward to fruit in my life again.

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm proud of all of you.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuePro
WOE: Low Carb
Hello everyone!

I've been absent for over a week from the board but I have been following the program. As excepted, after my excellent first week (lost 10.4 pounds) the weight loss has slowed down but it is progressing. Last week I was down 1.2 and this week 2.6. So that makes a total of 14.2 for 3 weeks. I am very happy!! I've fallen way behind on reading your posts. I'll try to long on tonight and catch up. Have a great day!
SuePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Stilldews - you are doing awesome

*waves* to everyone...omg lol hehe we are a chatty bunch

Mmmm the meatza is lovely, glad your enjoying it!! Very nice indeed..got to say most of the quiche went in the bin (it just didnt compare!!)

So bored with eating, or just too tired right now... force myself to have some chicken and some jelly tonight!!

The room is coming along, fresh linen and towels all in there... looking lovely

I am - I have seen my doctor yes, he says its due to high prolactin causing err anovulatory bleeding. So basically said get the mirena to make it light bleeding all the time or just deal with it! Not to crazy about anything hormonal...but gonna go for it, so tired and weepy and just.. blaaah!! lol think my fiance will be running off if I dont do something soon!!

I will weigh in...havent even managed that lol but deffo good, can fit into a size smaller clothes, so its all good

Have a good evening everyone!! xxx
Old 01-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #240

Dancer- I am on my second IUD< never a period or cramping, until I went LC and dieting and got crazy spotty bleeding all the time, OB said it will continue as long as I am losing weight ans stuff, but it is so light, I highly recommend them, I get no PMS, nothing, just a problem in that it ruins underwear never knowing when the spotting is coming, but way better than anything else! I am a fan! Have a shot of vodka or two prior to insert, LOL