Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Congrats again Lenise! how exciting to be confirming that great new decade and it just keeps on going!

Amber - how cool that you googled it, and discovered the weight gain IS do to the medication!!!! So you know it will go the other way once you can come off. I'm with Lenise - just focus for now on quitting smoking. You will be FREE to do whatever you want after that!!!!

Peanuts called my name again today. Ugh. In the HALT realm I am TIRED which tends to just make me ******y then the ANGRY (which isn't really anger) edges in. I need a good night sleep! Sleep is a precious thing with menopause.

I love just knowing how fast it will come back off with a protein day.

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Ypou know I looked up Chantix and weight gain, people have reported gaining as much as 26 pounds in the first 4 week treatment, HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder the scale is moving up! I know the stuff is bad so I am going to try to take it for the 2 weeks and then get off it, if I can make it through a week I dont need meidcine just sheer willpower, and today wasnt that bad, I had one episode here at my desk where I just started bawling for no reason, but I dont care if I end up gaining 20 pounds that can come off, but these smokes have been a thron in my side for 27 freaking too many years so they are going!!!!

Lenise- Great job!!!

Seriously thinking about doing an attack round on Mon-Fri next week, I was looking back in my food journals I was eating close to 100 carbs from dairy and losing weight, and working out fine, it was the low fat that is the piece I am missing, too much fat, and I think 2000 calories is too many even at my size and working out, I think I need less, so I am not going to obsess but keep focusing on control of smoking and eating, I was so proud of myself last night at this buffet, I passed up bread, desserts, everything and was up 3 more pounds, holy crap I am up to 209 in 2 weeks from that Chantix, that is a lot of weight when I am exercising more and eating the same, no sugar has passed my lips, ughggh!!!
Are you sure it's not the maca? I have heard it can cause bloat.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Sending smiles, huggs & prayers for ya'll.
Terrific, strong ladies!
Every one of you!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Maca- that causes bloat??? Good grief, although I have been forgetting to take that come to think of it, LOL It did work this weekend, I did feel more into it, LOL

Who knows I had my trainer workout and now I am going back to regular yoga tonight at my gym, it is usually relaxing and I need it, I feel stressed at home tonight, I thought being home would be easier!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
Maca- that causes bloat??? Good grief, although I have been forgetting to take that come to think of it, LOL It did work this weekend, I did feel more into it, LOL

Who knows I had my trainer workout and now I am going back to regular yoga tonight at my gym, it is usually relaxing and I need it, I feel stressed at home tonight, I thought being home would be easier!
Keep hanging in there Amber you are doing GREAT!! This is going to be hard no matter where you do it. Just keep pushing on through it! The cravings come, but they will also go. Keep riding them out like a wave. I hope yoga is relaxing and helpful!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #186

Thank you DG It helps to whine, LOL I want to curl up and cry, LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Then whine away! My friend! That is what we are here for!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Congrats on re-entering Onederland Lenise!!

Hang in there Amber. You're going to make it without those smokes and the pounds will start to come off again. Cry, scream or do what ever it takes as long as it's legal and not hurting anyone else. LOL!

I must confess I ate some almonds yesterday. Was running around all morning and stopped at Bed and Beyond and that was the best I could find there. At least they were raw and unsalted, but my weight was up a little today. Gonna try to be really good this weekend and hope to be down by Wed.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Those almonds didn't do it... Just water from the stress or running all day...happens to me all the time! Hang in there!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Amber, when I used to assist people in their quest to quit I gave them a short pencil to carry around or a coin or smooth stone for their pocket. Helps to have something in your hand to rub your fingers on. Try it! Amazingly simple but it reprograms the mind when you meditate on all the good things as you handle the object. Huggs! We got your back!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:38 AM   #191

I have a worry stone!! Maybe I should bring it with me!!! Yoga was good it is all about distraction with me, the urge comes and then it is gone in short time, it is just amazing how long it is so intense and then gone! It's like losing a limb I think, 27 years that crutch was there, now I have to say goodbye!!! But I am doing this, no matter what, no matter how hard, I have to be done, I just want to be a month out and not thinking about it!

Guess what yesterday I was 209, today 205?????????????WTH, maybe it is the hot yoga and water weight messing me up! And not the pills, I still dont like these brain pills, so I am going to stop at the end of the month, and just white knuckle!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Good idea Amber, especially with your history with them. My guess is the physical part of the withdrawal will be over by the end of the month or is already over. It's just the mental part you have to battle now. Funny how many things we do every day that get tied up with smoking. I know when I stopped, I had to idea how to just take a break. It was always sit down and have a cigarette and that was a break. Now what do you do?

When I stopped, I crocheted my Mom a huge double bedsize afghan. Every time I wanted to smoke, I sat down and crocheted 2 rows. She still has it 40 years later and I still don't smoke.

Last edited by stilldews; 01-20-2012 at 04:53 AM..
Old 01-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, I was going to ask Amber if she did any kind of needle work or craft. Both are wonderful distractions and mind occupier that must use hands.

Amber,Get that worry stone out and rename it. Find an appropriate name like the Freedom Stone or something like that. We have your back, girl! Prayers going up! You are already a powerhouse just needs tweakin the brain some. Bleep! Put that scale away now that you know a lot of that was water & keep on truckin!

Have a Blessed day everyone!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Hope everyone is having a fabulous on plan day. I still CANNOT BELIEVE how easy this has been to stick too - SO FAR. What a relief.

Yam yam, I really am grateful to you for bringing this up on the other thread!!!

DG
DG! Just got back from Florida in the middle of the night last night. Couldn't wait to pop in and see how you are doing! yippee!!! you are in the 150's. Yahoooo!

I'm just so happy Dukie is working for you like he worked for me!

And, it stays off! If the scale starts to creep up after a vacation or something (like I just had and my scale was up 1.8 this morning) you just go right back to DD WOE, drink water and green tea like there is no tomorrow, and voila. It's gone.

Now I'm going to have to make a plan to stick to ATTACK for a few extra days and see if we can get me below that 199 number that's driving me nuts. Hopefully this extra 1.8 is mostly water retention from traveling, time change, etc. Should be gone tomorrow.

Congrats on your marvelous success so far! Keep going!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #195
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I have a worry stone!! Maybe I should bring it with me!!! Yoga was good it is all about distraction with me, the urge comes and then it is gone in short time, it is just amazing how long it is so intense and then gone! It's like losing a limb I think, 27 years that crutch was there, now I have to say goodbye!!! But I am doing this, no matter what, no matter how hard, I have to be done, I just want to be a month out and not thinking about it!

Guess what yesterday I was 209, today 205?????????????WTH, maybe it is the hot yoga and water weight messing me up! And not the pills, I still dont like these brain pills, so I am going to stop at the end of the month, and just white knuckle!

We are all so proud of you and are rooting for you, Amber! 209-205 in a day might seem crazy, but you are right about the hot yoga combined with the brain meds. love the phraseology. Your body is just deciding to dump some water and probably whooshing out some fat along with it. Just looked at your stats and it looks like you dropped again. WTG!!!for you!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
When I stopped, I crocheted my Mom a huge double bedsize afghan. Every time I wanted to smoke, I sat down and crocheted 2 rows. She still has it 40 years later and I still don't smoke.
Love that!

Iam: Freedom Stone is a great name for the worry stone. Even we non-smokers needed that one. Gotta get me a Freedom stone...
Old 01-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #197

Susan- I can so realate about the breaks, I went tearing out of here today and was like crap I cant go outside, I guess I could go outside for a break, just o get away from the computer, I grabbed an apache tear I tumbled it is like shiny black obsidian, I am rubbing that, LOL I am just really glad for this week to be over so I can go home and relax! Maybe that will help! I dont do any crafts like knitting, I cant even sew a button on, LOL That is why I figure just stay busy and my mind busy and I will be OK! Thank you girls, I know I am whiny I think I will be better in time, LOL Some one said to me today you lost all that weight you can quit smoking, I said I know and the smoking thing is harder than the darn weight let me tell you! And it should be easier we dont need to smoke we do need to eat, go figure!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
Pheww checking inn

What a week, have a stinking cold...am afraid.. Am having a large glass of wine (forgive me!!)

Not been very hungry, just been.... a bit blah really!!

Made a "Meatza" I think its called on wednesday, been nibbling that ever since - its like a pizza - base of baked ground beef & egg- then when cooked layer on tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and top with cheese.... really delish.. I cut it all up into little bits and had some for brekkie, took squares for lunch etc

pheeeew... had a big salad one day to attempt to do a PV day..my crohns was not happy with that... ughhh.. gonna try some cooked veggies over the weekend!

Going to try on some smaller bras and see how I am going - would be chuffed to get down to a G cup

TTFN xxx
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
198.0 today!!! Even with eating mexican last night!! But at lunchtime I ate my yogurt mix -- yes I finally got my oat bran!! -- and 4 small slim jims. Yahoo!!

It was in the single digits here this morning!! BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're supposed to get a little bit of snow tonight. It'll probably be worse where I work than here at home.

Going to make breakfast for dinner. And maybe some taco soup so I have it to take for lunch tonight.

Have a great weekend!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

p.s. I like "freedom stone"!! Good idea for when I want to overeat too.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday son had terrible tummy twinges & all that goes with it-right out of the blue for no apparent reason. This morning same thing for me! Figured the events of the past few days got to me more than I thought-I know he was distressed over it. So I sit here at doggie day care wishing I was home near my potty!

Like gas- this too shall pass! It has to be because I eat too many prebiotics for it to be anything else.

Ladies carry on! I love reading each of our posts! Oh how I wanta go home.....
Old 01-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Dance and Faithful, sure hope you both get to feeling better. The meatza sounds delishish. I feel like I may be coming down with a cold too. The weather is almost too cold to stand here right now and I plan on hibernating until I have to go back to work on Sunday night. Took 2 hot baths yesterday just to warm up.

Lenise, glad you finally got the oat bran. I am going to fix me a big bowl of hot cereal for breakfast. Probably custard for lunch, runza mix on the Shirtaki noodles for supper and lemon aid flavored yogurt for snack.

Weight today is 156. Weight is a funny thing. I remember the first time I ever hit 150. Thought that was about as fat as I could ever get. Was about 19 and went on my first serious diet. Got down to 118. Little did I know that the day would come when I dream of hitting 150 again.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, much inproved today! Thank you! It must have been an underlying stress I didn't know I was experiencing. Midwest=cold I am in a small town of Spottsville KY right outside Henderson which is just across the ridge from Evansville IN. Where is your MidwestN

150 = very interesting thought! You have done so well since you started. I don't have much incentive to go down any farthher too fast. If I can drop one or two and stay there That would make me content. My thighs feel so thin as to where they have been for decades & I have so much to do on the house.

I only can give it so much or I pay the piper the next day...can only sork in one project @ a time! I am not like Wonder Woman Amber and tackle two of the most difficult hurdles of life (drugs & alcohol being the other two). There is another Badger that quit smoking a about a month ago, maybe TM? I have to hand it to those ladies! They are tough & I know they WILL succeed!Someone mentioned honey vanilla camomile tea on a thread recently but with cream in it. So that is my morning drink today with an alteration. There is a new coffee creamer out Natural Bliss it has cream, milk, sugar & natural flavors. I tried the vanilla recently & while it was good went for the sweet cream yesterday at the store. I have to say it is great! I have to limit myself & maintain resistance to several cips...the creamer is a "treat" for me & it has to last 2 weeks!but it would be easy to try it in vanilla chi, constent comment & several others this morning.

I think I will try that metza. Dance can you give us an idea of quantities & do you bake it again after the tippings? I will prolly use veniaon or maybe ground turkey or chicken (grind that one myself). I love pizza but kinda gaveit up. Jean on Badgers pounded a chicken breast really thin & bakedit krispy then loaded it fir pizza. I might try that. Have to read back through the looooong thread for it. Awe maybe she will post again for me so I don't have to look.

my hands are going numb from thumb typing... Got to go!

LOVE YA'LL! Be ebcouraged to keep being loosers because they are the WINNERSJ
Old 01-21-2012, 05:34 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie so glad you are back with us & doing well! We can do this girl! It takes an internet village.

Yam Yam WOW! Just noticed how far down you are! Terrific!

198 ladies a couple of yoi are there and that is so exciting! I remember when I got back there! It was such a milestone in my life. I didn't know about LC or DD back then. Would have made it so much easier & I didn't hade ya'll back then either.

SUCH A POWERFUL GROUP OF DETERMINED TO BE HEALTHY LADIES (& a few guys hanging around the site too)!

THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND! (singing Golden Girls theme)

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-21-2012 at 05:35 AM..
Old 01-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #205

Dancer- WTG- Chrons is a tough thing to live with one of my GF has it and it is a bugger! I am keeping my fingers crossed for ya on the bra shopping, one thing I found as I was losing all breast mass, I would have to wear like a DD, just to fill out the from the skin and stuff bra shopping is the WORST< ok bathing suits are!!! LOL

Susan- hope you are not getting sick either! You are so close!!! I can barely remember being under 200 which is why I want to be there so bad!!!!

Lenise- WTG maybe all that Mexican gave you a push!!!!

Iam- You have beem under a ton of stress!!! I love good Chai, the Indian place we go to makes the best, but full of sugar, I saw that creamer, I help it lustfully and put it back, LOL At least it doesnt have all the fake crap in like so many of them do. I got the Yogi chi tea bags and I add some skim milk to it and some nutmeg and cinnamon I keep that at work! I need to reduce the coffee somewhat so now when it is cold I make that up in the afternoon, it is tasty!!! Get to feeling better!!!

Day 3- I am praying to the good Lord to keep giving me strength, man this is tough! I dont know how people overcome serious alcohol and drug addictions. But I am doing it we woke up to over 5"of snow suppose to snow all day and then ice storm, yuck, so we planned to be inside, I think hot yoga will be cancelled, so everyone says this is the worst day if I can get through this I might be OK, uhggh I can't believe how it had become such a habit, it just needs broken! I am doing this, I said to Tony I dont ever want to go through this again, I must stay away from anyplace that has smokers for some time, cause I am like a crackhead, all it takes is one drag and I am back, if I can beat this I will feel accomplished more than the weight or the exercise or anything!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Amber, hang in there one day at a time you're beating it. You are so right that one puff can start the cycle all over again. Never take that one puff and you have it made. 21 days is the magic number I've heard for breaking a habit, but I have to admit that for 5 years after I stopped smoking I used to follow people around that smoked just to inhale deeply. Now I hate the smell of smoke and even the smell of it on people's clothing gives me a headache.

I live in NE and have to say that we have had a nice winter until this last week. Suppose to warm up to the 40's again next week, so won't complain.

Faithful, give your poor body a rest now and then. All that remodeling must be really hard. Glad you're feeling better.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

North Carolina Vinegar Style BBQ Sauce

2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground

Mix all well in a jar and store in the refrigerator. Great over pork, beef, chicken or fish.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Took me 25 minutes this morning to get most of the ice off of the van windows!! The roads weren't too bad coming home, though. I was thankful for that!! We only had 2 or 3 inches of snow on top of the ice. High is in the 40's tomorrow so it will be all gone then!!

At 199 today. Focus this weekend so I'll be steady at 198 on Monday. At least I hope so!! lol. Whoops! Forgot weigh in is on Wednesday. Hey, maybe 197 or less by then!! I wish!!!

Have a fantastic weekend!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie, terrific job will look to see your good news on Wed!

Yellow paint finished in bedroom downstairs. Put 1st coat of blue on-defective paint! UGH!! Now back to Lowes tomorrow! Every room gets two different colors in addition to all the woodwork painted white. Will be nice when it is done. Kitchen finished & walls in three room downstairs will be finished when the last coat of blue goes on. Then all to be finished there is the carpet install.

Tomorrow is rest day! Apheresis at 10 am so I will have forced rest for two hours. Then I will prolly stop by the zoo for a stroll if it is not too cold. Maybe a movie???
Old 01-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #210

Apheresis-isnt that giving blood or something? Good Lord woman you work yourself to the bone and then drain your blood, LOL How much does that blood weigh?? Sign me up! When I donate I always tell them, keep taking it out, I am losing weight with every pint!!! LOL Then they try to shove their high carb treats down your throat, LOL

I am here to confess I broke my sugar streak, ate a big old smore with the kids, not feeling too bad about it we went to hot yoga and again tomorrow so I am smoke free, but not smore free, LOL Aw well--- it is all good! Thank God this day is coming to an end, tomorrow is Day 4!! So Susan I got 17 more days, I think I can do it, I am so proud when the Chantix lady calls at 8 and I can tell her I didn't smoke! I spent the day washing everything I could smell smoke on, like I have so many coats that need the dry cleaner, so maybe I will just hang them outside next week it is suppose to warm up. Ended up with 6" it is very cold so I imagine all the slush will ice up!
Carry on girls, you are doing great!
Where is Becky I wonder if she is in Vegas yet, Becky I watched Vegas Vacation tonight!