Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Yummm*!

Breakfast this morning was VCO melted in fry pan & some sauted thinly sliced venison & thinly sliced onion with Braggs Aminos, a 14 carb HL Wheat 80 cal bun & cottage cheese. Heard about putting VCO in coffee so thought "Why not! Worked pretty well with a little sweetner & milk.

So now it is sliding around on concrete floor to FINISH my part of the downstairs remodel. Next will be continuing removing flooring, pull back carpet & painting woodwork. Maybe I will start to strip the wall paper in the bathroom that will be fun!

Posted a tiny loss on Honey Badger challenge but still clogged from WhopperS so I guess I didn't hurt anything but my gut! Won't do that again!

Have a Blessed day !!! Make wise choices - do as I say NOT as I did!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-16-2012 at 07:04 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Suze glad to see someone else from my generation here! Great going! You can do this cause we can do anything!

DG you are doing so well! Dancer love your posts. Susan thanks for the mug recipe...might have that for llunch. Amber, one day I am going "back East" just to visit you! Feel like I have known you forever!

You ladies that are trying so hard for onderland- quit trying so hard. Eat right & RELAX!!! Put the scale away during the week & don't look at numbers! I'm telling you STRESSING ABOUT THAT # is keeping it away. DO WHAT YOU KNOW! Your clothes tell it all & being able to run, yoga & spin in addition to everything else you are doing is a result of your better health.

Amber you are changing your body chemistry by the Chantix (sp) & less nicotine. So it will take a while for your body itself to adjust. Everything in our life will affect our metabolism SO GIVE IT TIME! Just keep walking, running, spining, yogaing (if that is a word) & eating right! Don't forget right now you need EXTRA WATER to flush the nicotine!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-16-2012 at 07:21 AM..
Old 01-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well you are not too far away!!!! I drink water like a fish, LOL I give up with that darn scale, I am just going to eat clean and exercise and let it fall where it does, the weight gain might happen giving up the smokes, so I gotta be extra careful!!! I cant wait for Thursday, I think the breathing exercise in yoga are good too, so when I feel the urge I can sit here and do deep breathing like that, and get me past it, I am so ready to just be done, I am smoking so little I might as well quit, but I am doing my chantix exercises and I will wait til Thursday better have as much drug in me as possible!!!
Whoever suggested putting SF jelly into the yogurt is a freaking genius, I love that now, and the SF pudding powder, wow what an exciting treat!! LOL I hate the Fage 0, I like the Chobani, the one store was out so I got Fage, yuck, it is funny how they all taste so different from one another!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #154
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Just doing a drive by post. I want to keep up on this thread so that when I get back home I can be a part of you all! Very inspirational.

We were out very late last night @ some glam business sponsored events. Did I tell you we are staying at the Disney Resort? The firworks an music were just awesome. Waiters and waitresses walking around with glasses of champagne. Champagne, fireworks, music, lots of good friends...

It was a good night! I'm off for a walk and then to the fitness center to lift weights. Scale is down this morning! Yay! Hugs to you all!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hi everyone!! Didn't do too bad yesterday. Still reading my book. Plan on starting back on attack tomorrow. Just two days and then start alternating my days. I'm anxious to start. Just hope the weight starts coming of a little at a time.

Have a great night! We can do this!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Amber - now you see I prefer the Fage 0% So.... I guess there is a yogurt for everyone. & you are right about the SF jello & puddinng! Awesome!!! Try a spoonful of cocoa powder & some sweetner mixed into plain yogurt. Let is set up for a few house - CHOCOLATE MOUSSE! & actually I prefer my own cultured but I have to wait for the HOT days of summer cause I put it outside in warm water to culture. Does terrific when it is 90+ outside!

Lensie glad to see you back! We missed you! Yam(am keep hanging with us!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi everyone! I CANNOT BELIEVE that scale went down AGAIN TODAY. I know I'm dreaming and I'm going to wake up busting out of my jeans or something LOL! Actually, I put on a couple pairs of jeans this morning that were TOO TIGHT not very long ago. Amazing. Good PV day here. I know that scale is gonna stagnate or bounce up - that's just that way it goes. I know I'm over due for that now!

I really don't like yogurt. Not if it tastes like yogurt LOL! I'm using Fage 0 (2 TBS) to make my galette. That's OK becuse it doesn't taste like yogurt any more. I can't even imagine putting jelly, jello, or whatever into Fage 0 and liking it! I got some Stonyfield today for when I run out. Maybe that will be better.

Amber you hang in there with the Chantix and quit smoking goals!!!!! Whatever (if anything) happens on the scale is not half as important as quitting!!! I lost a dear friend to lung cancer last year, and now another friend who went through chemo/radiation last year told me Sunday that his cancer is back. I used to ignore all that stuff when I was smoking but it sure is real. Get out now before it's too late!!! (I know - you are, right? )

Sounds like fun yam yam! Nobody does it up magical like Disney that's for sure!

Iam are you remodeling everything?

Well, I hope everyone is having a good on plan day. School has officially started and I did some homework today. It's going to be a very tough semester - I've got an ambitious schedule. Tomorrow is a LOOOONG day and I will be away from home for most of it. I'm planning to pack up a cooler full of protein before I hit the road tomorrow.

Nighty night!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

DG & anyone else that wants to friend me on FB send me a request as I would welcome you! I post picts there from my phone of remodel & other stuff. You can see my Outer avitar as the one here is my inner one. faithful to Jesus (ep! That IS my real name!

Try pitting some SF jello in the yogurt & let it sit for about an hour - you will be plesantly surprised! Doesbt taste like yogurt especially if you try the cocoa power & sweetner.

BTW kids, I use sugar not sweetners... But then I don't sweeten many things! Purest here....for most things.

going back to bed.... Carry on!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-17-2012 at 12:31 AM..
Old 01-17-2012, 04:23 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
Just a quick update on my phone so excuse spelling LOL now at 12lb down since new years day. Very pleased, need to weigh again in morning. Trying to get some veggies in ! Find pp much easier hope everyone is doing ok x
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:24 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Enjoy yourself Yam Yam. Sounds like you are having lots of adventures.

DG, soon you will see those tight jeans not only fit again, but all of a sudden get too big and start falling off. Somewhere I took a photo of my size 22 jeans behind some 12's that fit now and can hardly beleave it only took 4 months to make that change.

Amber, I like the Chiobani best too, but Fage and Brown Cow are also Ok in my book. Try a pkg of Cystal Light or Wylers sugar free drink mix in each cup too. Sugar free Wyler's lemonaid is my very favorite. Are you making the jello the regular way and letting it set first, then stirring it into the yogurt? If you mix it with a fork that way works really well and gives you double the amt. I use 1 cup jello for each cup yogurt, then also often add a pkg of the SF drink mix too. Ocean Spray has some SF drink mix in the individual pkgs now and has a cranberry peach one that mixes well with peach SF jello and yogurt. Lime jello with lemonaid mix is also great.

Down a little today. Glad my scale measures in tenths of a pound cause that's how I'm losing now and every little fraction gives be a boost. Going to start exercising more. Somewhere I have Jillian Michaels Shred DVD and want to do that daily for 30 days if I can find it. Also have lots of other exercise DVD, some hand weights and exercise bands, so really no excuse for not exercing more.

I like the "NO EXCUSES" theme of this years Biggest Loser.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #161

Susan- I am taking the dry mix SF pudding and shaking it in, the SF jelly I am stirring like a T in, it is really not enough but enough to color it and give a little flavor, I have to gut down these fage ones, yuck! My favorite is the crystal light mango peach tea, OMG it is so good in that yogurt!!!!

Maybe I should try doing a week of attack and see if the milk is enough carbs to get me through workouts, I am debating!!!! I gotta drink shakes though, at least they would taste good with non fat milk, I love milk, so being able to drink milk on here is a huge thing, that fist week I did attack I think I drank almost a 1/2 gallon a day and still lost!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Faithful, I sent you a friend request!
Amber, I am certain you will be AOK with the ending smoking. You are determined and IN CONTROL!
I however, am up 3 lbs.
All told with the holidays, my grad, grad party, and the stress: I am not too upset! Getting back on the wagon and picking up my Dukie badge today!!!!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

3 pounds is not bad at all. A few days will get it right off.

So proud of you Amber for getting so close to having those cigarettes beat. Keep thinking of that tummy tuck plus all the years you're adding to your life.

Didn't find my Jillian DVD, but did find my Ageless with Kathy Smith. Did the arms section today. Can't believe how out of shape I am. This is probably a good DVD to start out with. Going to force myself to get on the treadmill later too. It's just too cold out for walking to be much fun right now.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quick

Love all your posts! Chobani is my favorite. I love milk, too and bought Lactose free on August 1. Have been chugging it down ever since. I think the carbs in the milk, yogurt and surimi keep me happy.

DG: For me, I kept expecting that bounce you are talking about. NEVER HAPPENED!! Read what Dukie says about the fat burning effects of this diet! It's amazing. Now from reading Johnson's book, I honestly think the Dukan diet stimulates the SIRT1 gene and the body becomes a fat burning machine!

Since Aug 1 when I started Dukan, I have been keeping a daily chart of my WL. It is so cool to look back and see that line go down down down and never up for about 20 days. Amazing. After that, it will go up a tiny bit and sometimes stay there a few days, then down more. Really cool to look at my line. My downward spiral!

My travel scale is still my friend! Still down this morning and that makes my vacation all the more enjoyable.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Okay. Starting back on plan today. Had two turkey burgers and two chicken hot dogs topped with salsa for dinner. Need to run to the store and pick up some oat bran. Bought some yogurt last night. Need to strain it tonight.

I don't know what I'm going to do about exercising. It's the last thing I want to do after being on my feet for eight hours at work. I do try to walk at a good pace through the store when i am out and about. Couldn't do that during the day, but at night it is much easier. But I really need to motivate myself to do something on my days off.

faithful, I added you to my facebook. I'm Lenise Stimmel Plas if anyone wants to add me.

Have a good night!!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Hi everyone! I CANNOT BELIEVE that scale went down AGAIN TODAY. I know I'm dreaming and I'm going to wake up busting out of my jeans or something LOL! Actually, I put on a couple pairs of jeans this morning that were TOO TIGHT not very long ago. Amazing. Good PV day here. I know that scale is gonna stagnate or bounce up - that's just that way it goes. I know I'm over due for that now!

I really don't like yogurt. Not if it tastes like yogurt LOL! I'm using Fage 0 (2 TBS) to make my galette. That's OK becuse it doesn't taste like yogurt any more. I can't even imagine putting jelly, jello, or whatever into Fage 0 and liking it! I got some Stonyfield today for when I run out. Maybe that will be better.

Amber you hang in there with the Chantix and quit smoking goals!!!!! Whatever (if anything) happens on the scale is not half as important as quitting!!! I lost a dear friend to lung cancer last year, and now another friend who went through chemo/radiation last year told me Sunday that his cancer is back. I used to ignore all that stuff when I was smoking but it sure is real. Get out now before it's too late!!! (I know - you are, right? )

Sounds like fun yam yam! Nobody does it up magical like Disney that's for sure!

Iam are you remodeling everything?

Well, I hope everyone is having a good on plan day. School has officially started and I did some homework today. It's going to be a very tough semester - I've got an ambitious schedule. Tomorrow is a LOOOONG day and I will be away from home for most of it. I'm planning to pack up a cooler full of protein before I hit the road tomorrow.

Nighty night!

DG
DG
Can you post what you are eating? I need to do a plan I am just floundering lately. I think non fat lattes and galettes would make this plan enjoyable for me.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Well, I did do some exercising tonight. Katey and I went out to the gymnasium at camp where I used to work. I did about 18 minutes walking briskly around the gym. And then we hit the volleyball back and forth for 15 minutes.

We're watching Soul Surfer right now. Good so far!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

169.8 I passed on all the goodies @ funeral home yesterday. & Lays, I proved SOMEBODY CAN EAT JUST ONE!

DG it is more like renovating....

Thanks for the adds on FB will get there later today to link you up!

Blessings!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-18-2012 at 02:46 AM..
Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 AM   #169

Debating about doing Dukie hardcore again, nothing is moving this weight it seems!!!! Hot yoga was like too hot last night!!! There was something with the humidity levels, new teacher, she didnt know what she was doing, and help positions too long, we had the AC on in the car we were so hot!!! The girl beside me said she has missed 2 days since 1/1 and gained weight but fit in jeans that have not fit her in years, go figure? I think its the water, the sweating the drinking, etc!!!

Carry on girls, IM thinking of you hun!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies!!! Yesterday was so exciting for me - first day back to school and I also joined a local coalition of people in the community who further the cause of addiction treatment. Many people who work for treatment providers and also individuals. They meet once a month and have a speaker for an hour, then an hour of business meeting. They are involved in a lot of local recovery oriented events so much to discuss. And of course I am now on a committee! The speaker was a guy who did very well in school and worked for a big high powered accounting firm, but got hooked on prescription drugs. In one of his rehab stints, he checked out with a girl he met there, and she introduced him to heroin. That was all she wrote for the final decent into hell. He is now recovered for several years and started a company that is booming - he has used his own experience along with his finance savvy to start an intervention company. It's clear he cares deeply about his work. A very interesting man who I'm sure is helping a lot of families. (Intervention is really more about the family than the addict)

Well - enough of my passionate non-Dukan babble!

Wow who knew there was so much one coule do with jello, crystal light and yogurt!!! I will give that a whirl one of these days. Even though I love SF jello just plain and have some in the fridge for several days now, I've stayed out of it. I have gotten in SO MUCH TROUBLE with sweets in the past. Sweets have ALWAYS been my entry into return to old bad eating habits, binges and gains. So for right now I'm being cautious about anything that tastes sweet. I'm so encouraged by the stories I read of Dukers who really re-set themselves into a proper relationship with food. I hope that can happen for me too someday. I'm SO GLAD to have some "go to" ideas if my sweet tooth rears it's ugly head. I would rather go to some yogurt + SF jello (and/or C.L.) than a bag of oreos!

Congrats to all who are losing and/or getting into skinnier pants!! You inspire me that's for sure!

Jeanie - I'll start tacking up my menus. (and welcome feedback from you more experienced folks!)

Today's Dukan facts:
Weight today -.6
Weight since start on 1/10: -8 (still can't believe that!!!)
Today is PV (protein + vegs)
B: Egg/Egg White scramble with onions, mushrooms, peppers, turkey sausage and a bit of FF 1/2 & 1/2
L: Burger & broccoli
S: Galette!
D: (on the road at school) Deli meats, carrots & celery & FF Dip, Frigo light cheese stick (not really fitting the Dukan criteria but I'll go with it anyway just for today)
E: Jillian Ripped in 30 week 1. (I really like that DVD even better than Shred!)
WATER WATER WATER WATER WATER!!!

On those cheese sticks....they really DON'T meet the Dukan guidelines and if my weight stalls they are out the door.

Have a good day ladies! Hopefully will have time for more catchup on the weekend. Gotta crack the books for now!

Beth
Old 01-18-2012, 05:04 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Amber, I hope you can find the right balance of everything to get you losing again. The hot yoga doesn't even sound healthy to me. It would be interesting to see what a few days of pure Dukan Attack would do for your weight. I know how close that 199 is. Must be torture.

Lenise, glad to hear youre gettinbg some exercise in. I'm at the really beginner stage too except for walking. Afraid I couldn't even get my feet off the floor to do jumping jacks yesterday. Guess there's still too much junk in the trunk.

Yeh Faithful! You are doing it! Going to be less than I am soon.

Yam-Yam isn't it great to see that line going downward week by week. It really is motivating.

Jeaniem, you really do need to find something that makes the plan enjoyable for you. Things like the chocolate mug cake really help me. There are so many things you can do with the oat bran. Muffins, cookies, the galettes. I am going to post a recipe for a wrap that's good too.

My weight today was up from yesterday, so I'm going to take yesterdays weight as my weightly weigh in weight. Is that cheating? No, we don't cheat do we? Anyway, yesterday was 156.6 and today 157.6 I'm beginning to think that DrD is right about my true weight being around 154. The loss is really slowing down as I reach that number. Going to stick with it until Feb 24 on way or another.

Keep up the great work everyone. We're doing it pound by pound and inch by inch.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
wowwww you guys have been chatty

weeee.... Amber....hot yoga is hard work!! phewww .. maybe a drop of PP might help shift things along you have done amazing!!

Good work on the food doggy girl

I finally can restock the fridge and stuff in the morning... wooohoo.. been eating some funny things!! but all on plan

Today I had
1 gluten free sausage (carbs trace)
2 turkey burgers
1 small greek yog

101 black coffee's, and some water...pheeeew

Keep it up lovelies, ace work
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #173

Hi girls, you are busy over here!! Yes tomorrow is the day!! Pray for me!!! I brought all my smokes in to give to a guy I work with, I said take them home so they are not in your truck, LOL Or you will have 2 broken windows! I have my Chantix helpline all programmed in, ready to call, I think I am ready for the big day it is sort of like a relief, like I want to get a good two weeks of not smoking behind me and then worry about the weight, so if I gain I gain, but beating this smoking is the priority ti sort of negates all the work I did with the weight and exercise to be puffing on cancer sticks!

IAM- I got a funny story so last night Tony says to Bobby, my 11 year old son, here I got a drink for you, the Kombochu is still hanging around, LOL He says I will give you a dollar to drink this, he took one sip and was like OMG Mom Tony is trying to poison me, LOL SO my Gram is with me this week, 90 years old, wont drink a diet soda, lives on sugar, she sucked it right down! Said it was delish! LOL Go figure!!! The woman is a nightmare of bad eating and is shrinking away getting skinnier and skinnier and lives on sugar! I said well Nan that was the healthiest thing you ate in a long time!! LOL But hey she is 90 and with us, so we let her enjoy! I made her favorite mashed potatos and gravy and made her eat veggies, I try to feed her good when she is with me, she usually listens to me since I am the favorite I am the oldest granddaughter!!!! She tells me that anyways, LOL

Ok troops carry on, you are all getting along fabulously!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Amber I am just so happy for you with all the positive changes you have made and continue to make in your life!!! quitting smoking is hard (was for me anyway - no denying that!) but it is SO WORTH IT. The insanity of the early days will not last forever. And then you will be FREE of that ball and chain. You will never ever regret quitting. The only regrets come from NOT quitting. I was smiling reading your list of things you have done to prepare for the big day!!!!! And you KNOW how to lose weight. For now focus on learning how to not smoke. Then later you can go back to doing what you already know how to do with weight loss!!!!

Sorry to just zoom in and out but I did a quick check in while downing my galette LOL! Now I'm leaving for campus. Hope everyone is having a fabulous on plan day. I still CANNOT BELIEVE how easy this has been to stick too - SO FAR. What a relief. Yam yam, I really am grateful to you for bringing this up on the other thread!!!

DG
Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Yahoo!!! 198.8 today!!! So now I just need to get lower. I think that was about the lowest I got last month when I stopped before the holidays. I'm still eating some cheese, and I really need to watch that. But if I still can lose while eating some, I'm going to do it.

Yesterday's food (remember I'm on night shift, so I usually only eat two meals a day and maybe a snack):
dinner: 2 turkey burgers w/salsa an cheese, 2 turkey hot dogs
lunch: taco meat w/salsa and cheese
snack: ff yogurt w/cinnamon

I'm going to try to get some oat bran today. I did strain my yogurt yesterday. So I just added cinnamon and some sf vanilla syrup to it. Need some oat bran to add to it too. Plan on taking that concoction to work cause it will help fill me up.

Off again tonight. So not sure what the plan is. DD wants to go back out to camp to play basketball/volleyball. At least if we do that I know I'll get some exercising in.

Have a great night!!
Old 01-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Ya'll do a lot while I am gone for the day! 198.8???? Terrific!

I am not able to keep up with everyone but your posts are AMAZING!

Amber, good point was made! You are working on 2 fronts right now! So.... Do the smoking 1 well & the weight one as you have been doing. Be happy to NOT GO UP! Maintenance right now will be a very good thing as you conquor one of the biggest challenges! Be kind to yourself-dont go up but don't worry about not going doen. If You bounce within a water weight fluctuation then OK til you are more cinfiddent in the smoking area. I have a friend that is a nurse & when I mentioned the Chantix she got VERY concerned for you! She said tthat was one of the most dangerous Rx on the market mainly for the bad reaction you had last time. So, my friend, be careful! It is still better than lung cancer-just keep watch on your mental health as well.

Imay have conquered the 1 Lays potato chip but I got to Grandma's house very late & was way past starving by the time I got there! I won't even tell you what I did but I DID NOT eat any deserts! Lets just say oink oink!

BTW I love your Kombucha story! Really made me laugh! Felt so good! Great stress releaser. Gramma liked the KT! Now you know what you can get her for a special treat!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ladies! Congrats Lenise on your new low! Congrats to all who are celebrating a weight loss today! I am back in the 150's today and I'm stoked about that!

Iam - sometimes a partial victory like staying away from the desserts is a plan saver. The way sugar is for me, if I go somewhere and eat too much or bad choices of lots of stuff, but I STAY AWAY from the desserts, that is a MAJOR accomplishment at times! So good job! Oh - I also forgot to say earlier that I am not much of a Face Booker! (sorry...)

Lots of school work so zoom zoomin' again today.

The Dukan Plan (PP today):

B: Egg/EW scramble. 2 Turkey sausage, 3 thin bacon very crisp WATER
L: Hamburger with FF cheese, HB Egg WATER
S: Galette! WATER
D: Tuna, 1% cottage cheese, HB egg (on the road at school) WATER

I also drink other stuff but have really been focusing on my water. That seems to help!

Have a great day everyone!

DG
Old 01-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #178

Ypou know I looked up Chantix and weight gain, people have reported gaining as much as 26 pounds in the first 4 week treatment, HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder the scale is moving up! I know the stuff is bad so I am going to try to take it for the 2 weeks and then get off it, if I can make it through a week I dont need meidcine just sheer willpower, and today wasnt that bad, I had one episode here at my desk where I just started bawling for no reason, but I dont care if I end up gaining 20 pounds that can come off, but these smokes have been a thron in my side for 27 freaking too many years so they are going!!!!

Lenise- Great job!!!

Seriously thinking about doing an attack round on Mon-Fri next week, I was looking back in my food journals I was eating close to 100 carbs from dairy and losing weight, and working out fine, it was the low fat that is the piece I am missing, too much fat, and I think 2000 calories is too many even at my size and working out, I think I need less, so I am not going to obsess but keep focusing on control of smoking and eating, I was so proud of myself last night at this buffet, I passed up bread, desserts, everything and was up 3 more pounds, holy crap I am up to 209 in 2 weeks from that Chantix, that is a lot of weight when I am exercising more and eating the same, no sugar has passed my lips, ughggh!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

It'll come off again, Amber. You know it will. Just concentrate on the other right now. i wish my dh would stop smoking. It's so expensive!!

I'm at 199.2 today. Thrilled with it cause TOM started today!! and I wasn't up several pounds from yesteday!!

DS is taking us to dinner tonight, so I know I will be off plan for one meal. I'm not going to worry about it. The one thing I've learned over the past few months is that I can eat off plan. I just need to eat mainly protein for my other meal of the day. Not sure what I'm going to take for lunch tonight. My yogurt mix for sure. And maybe some turkey lunch meat.

We're going to our local mexican restaurant for dinner. It's SO good!!!

Have a great night and stay warm!!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Drinking my water too!!!