Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Divas!

Is it OK if I join in now and then? I heard about Dukan on Dr. Oz and bought the book. I started the attack phase on August 1, 2011 and had in mind to do it for 5 days. However, I was losing so great, I continued for 10 (although all those days were not perfect). Even without perfection, I lost 14 pounds in 10 days and absolutely could not believe it because I usually lose so slowly. I moved into cruise phase. Again, not perfect at all but I loved reading the book and I totally "get" it. His principles just stick in my brain all the time.

At the same time I was doing Dukan, I was tracking all my food on the Weight Watchers Points Plus daily tracker on line. So far I have lost 31 pounds. I've gone from a very tight size 18 jeans to a very comfortable size 12 jeans w/ NO muffin top (same brand, Macy's Style & Co. so I KNOW I'm smaller. ). My body fat % has gone down quite a bit as well, and lean muscle UP so it's great to know I'm losing fat and inches!

I've been sort of preachin' the Dukan good news on a few other boards. That said, I started reading about JUDD and it intrigued me so just before Christmas I thought I'd give it a try. It's definitely not a fast way to lose like Dukie. But it certainly helps for maintenance.

Anyway, I just discovered that you all were here and I was so happy!

DG: When I read your post on another thread and you said you were posting on the Dukan threads, I wondered where they were. Finally thought to look under other plans and bingo!

Anyway, I read a few of the posts from day one and then just popped over to yesterday and today. You all are doing great! I think the Dukan Diet is an awesome way to take pounds off quickly, get rid of fat and inches and then move into maintenance.

I'm looking to take off another 20 pounds at least in 2012. Glad there are so many Dukan Divas here for encouragement!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Iam you so got it going on!
Doggy I started Chantix my quit date is 1/19 it is really working though I am smoking so much less like I could probably just say OK I am done but I am doing as planned, they have an on line help they send me a daily activity that I am doing and starting on the 19th a real human will be calling me every night at 8 to check on me, so I am taking advantage of every thing I can do, the main thing is I am finally ready to quit for me, not cause people are telling me I should but because in my own head I know I am ready!I did Chantix before and it really messed with my head, the suicidal thoughts and weird dreams but maybe with my whole body changing so far so good I feel a little pukey when I take the pills but so far no weird thoughts, well no more weird than normal, LOL I have to go the doc to be checked before she gives me the next month but I am going I am going to take it as they say for several months to make sure I get past it, always day 3 is the day I cave!!! So if I can make it to the end of the month I think I will be OK, I gave up cigarettes 2 years ago and started smoking little cigars, and honestly I cant smoke a real cig, so that is good, and I cant buy the cigars just anywhere that is good too, so if I am jonesing I cant jsut run to the corner and buy more! That is a good thing!

You remember Angela she made me a cape for my weight loss, I wanted to fit in a Wonder Woman costume and I did, LOL

I have to find my link, LOL

One thing I have learned too much fat and too much carbs=no weight loss, its like one or the other, you must be fat savvy if eating carbs but if eating low carb then fat is king you have to decide what you like best! I like dairy I like carbs I like it all but I had to factor in those things that will allow me to work out like a nut and still maintain and lose, that is the hard part! Too few carbs I cant work out, too many I dont lose, when I get too low fat I feel like crap it is all listening to what you need!!! Iam figured that out well for herself and the point she is trying to make is we all have to figure out what we can eat that is appealing to our palate and easy to stick to for life!

broth-marrow in bone is one of the best things you can eat, I was drooling when I am mentioned that! Get soup bones from the butcher sometimes they give them free, put in a shallow baking pan with onion, garlic, celery olive oil, carrots, whatever veg you like, and roast at 400 or so for maybe 2 hours, then when the bones are nice and dark and your house will smell wonderful, put them in a big pot with water and maybe 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, the vinegar leeches all the good stuff from the bones, let it cook slowly like 10-12 hours on the burner, then strain into jars, and you will have the best most richest delicious broth, you have to roast first, I do that with chicken bones too!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-13-2012 at 06:18 PM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Welcome Yam-Yam. 14 pounds in 10 days is great. If nothing else, the attack phase sure is an encouraging way to start and I love the fact that I know now that it is possible to eat fat free dairy and still lose.

You supper makes me hunger Faithful. Yummy sounding. I made tandoori chicken today and it was good.

Amber, so glad the Chantix is helping. Be careful and don't stay on it too long since you know it caused some problems before. You can do it!!
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:28 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Amber you are spot on with making the bone broth. ONLY I simmer mine for two to three days in a crock pot & after I roast the meat it is soaked for 12-24 hours before I simmer it. Raw apple cider vinegar is what to use, Braggs. However one could use plain Kombucha or red/white wine. The longer the bones soak the softer they become. When I use chicken bones they literally crumble so I mash them down good and cook another 12 hours or so before straining. Don't worry about the fat, when you chill it if you don't want it, it will harden on the top & you can lift off. If you make a lot & have mason jars, pour it into the jars while VERY HOT and cap tightly with a clean lid. It will seal (hot packing) and you can keep in refrigerator for months. Might keep in cabinet but I am not that big of a risk taker.

Amber thanks for clarifying my point. You are so much better with words than I am.

Yam Yam & DG I am so happy ya'll are doing well & yes please join us! We start a new thread every month! Someone is always nice enough to post a link to the new one.

I think when I go into town for more renovation (too much for a remodel) I will pick up chicken parts and set them to roast for broth... It is cold here in KY and smelling it cooking for 3 days will warm the house!

Blessings & DG if you are going to eat peanuts, you will have to count them out 1st & exercuse your will to NOT go back for more...all about the choices! Going back to bed...cant sleep tonight....
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:45 AM   #125

Faithful how long will it keep do you think in mason jars in the fridge??? I usually end up freezing it but now with getting rid of the big freezer it would be easier to store in the fridge, I need to make more, especially with surgery coming, that is really good for healing!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Yam-yam - it's great to see you here too! I have you to thank for mentioning Dukan on the other thread!

I was down more today - about 5 pounds gone in 4 days. Even with the kitchen raid. That's insane. I know it's mostly water but hey - water takes up space in my jeans too! I am also DRINKING more water than I have in ages. Can't get too far from the bathroom LOL!

Amber - I WANT TO SEE A PIC OF YOU IN YOUR CAPE!!!!! Angela is so amazing. I haven't visited the journals in forever - I should go hunt her down and say hello. I hope she is doing fabulous like you! I think you are really wise to take advantage of all the various supports that are being made available to help you quit smoking. You will be SO GLAD a year from now that you did this! When I quit, I also found a lot of support on a forum like this one called Quitnet. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Amber & Iam - thank you both for help with making broth. Can you give me some idea of water to bones ratio? Also, last time I tried beef broth and left it on low overnight on the stove, it boiled down to almost nothing. Of course I added water thinking that the nutrients are all still in there - just the water evaporated. Is that right? I'm just not sure how many bones I should really start with for X quarts of broth? I should probably just let trial and error be my guide and figure it out LOL! I think I will thaw some bones today and give this a whirl tomorrow/Monday. Might also try the crock pot route. My pot isn't all that big, but I bet the problem with evaporation is less?

Hi stilldews! How are you today?

Hello to everyone else!

That is such a good point about finding an optimal balance of fat and carbs. I struggle with that too. Too much fat and I definitely do NOT lose - even at very low carbs. Not enough fat and I am a muncher on the prowl. When it comes to carbs, I have learned the hard way that processed sugarcarbies are the devil and that is all!

Today is my first Protein Veg day. Boy the onions, peppers and mushrooms in my morning scramble sure tasted good! Iam - I was thinking about what you said about "food maturity." LOL a holdover from my childhood is ketchup on any sort of egg scrable or omlette. I got the bottle of sugar free ketchup out. But decided I really didn't want that - I wanted to taste the vegs. That is when I thought of you. HOLY SMOKES. Why did THAT thought just occur to me????

Maybe I really will be able to let go of my childish ways around food. Stomping my feet and eating cookies when I'm having a bad day is certainly a childish thing to do.

I did a Leslie Samone walking DVD yesterday. Holy cow! I sweated more than I thought I would to a walking tape!

Have a good day all!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Hi to everyone!

I am jumping in because this diet has worked for me. I went in attack 5 days and lost 4 lbs, then got a UTI (ick) and really got sick from it, but lost 5 more lbs. Then went on vacation, managed to keep off the 10 lbs. However, began eating and cooking mindlessly for my ill husband and months later the 10 are back on. Anyway, what I wanted to share is that on Atkins, or any other LC plan fat is high up on the list. I don't lose weight that way. I am 72 and at 5'2" weigh 165. That is too much for sure, but portion control and low fat work for some reason. Atkins absolutely pushes the veggies, and that is good later on but the Attack phase here really does work I think. So, I am back on it starting tomorrow. I will check in during the week and let you know if I am making any progress. It's either this or I go to Jenny Craig. Flip the old coin.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Suze. I'm glad you posted about your past results! they will come again. I'm also glad to know I am not alone in Atkins not working for me any more. It worked before, but just doesn't any more for me. Like you, I think too much fat doesn't work for me. ("fat free" doesn't either - but I don't seem to thrive on nearly as much as I used to get away with!) I'm sorry to hear that your husband is (was?) ill!! Hope that is going OK.

I'm feeling really good about this right now! Hope that feeling continues..

DG
Old 01-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

My best friend moved today

Gramma went to dance with Red & Jesus! The two greatest loves in her life.
Don't know to or
Old 01-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

HOT PACKED BONE BROTH as I explained will last in fridge if the jar seals almost indefinitely. I just opened a jar from August!

There is no ratio: just cover the bones - crock works well for long simmer & you can use bones with some fresh ones for flavor. The ACV, KT or wine really softens the bones.

If you don't have a lot of room to store broth you can let it cook down to a concentrate & freeze it in cubes or let it cool & put in baggies. Then add water to dilute to taste.

there is a great bone broth thread under Organic & Natural Eating.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #131

Suze I remember you from the summer I think!! Give this a go way cheaper than Jenny you can do it again!!!

DG- yes you must visit our journals-look under journals on main page you will see Angelas and mine is the wonder woman one, we are on our 3rd ones, we do a lot of yapping, LOL

IAM- I am sorry about your friend, I know you are sad, but she is in a better place now!!! It is always sad for us, but your faith will get your through!!!

Ok Kombucha- you know I trust ya so I did it spent $5.30 why is there tax on it? Like we dont have tax on food, only junk food I think, but anyway so I got synergy cranberry I saved it for the drive to yoga, so Tony shakes it and opens it and it sprays all over the car, him, me, LOL It was everywhere! I think it tastes like the Braggs ACV?? All I could taste was vinegar??? Is that right???? Oh man between that the pea hemp protein, the alpha greens and the ACV, I am like splenda come and kill me, LOL I think I need to go down with my splenda!!! LOL

Yoga was hot and hard, had to leave at about 40 minutes and cool off then went back in and was raring for more when it was over, I love it, we are going tomorrow nights, already I did a position tonight that I could never do, 2 knee surgeries and I was doing it, I was pretty proud! People really seem to love it and the teachers are so nice she came to check on me and told me just breathe, she said food is the issue with dizzy, nausea is dehydration, so I probably didn't eat enough before hand since I went to spinning too earlier in the day, uggh!!!
We got Chinese tonight I ate rice yes I did a whole spoonful!!! LOL I felt I burned it off, LOL
Old 01-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

OK I laughed my head off! I forgot to tell you it was self carbonating like beer! I need to send you $5.30! Yes it is better than ACV. & if it has a true vinegar taste take that bottle back it is old. Bu ut does have a different vinegary taste. That is because all the sugar is gone and it has the same Ph as ACV but loads more good stuff. It isn't for everyone and actually something my body craves...fizzy flat tart but just not sweet. THANKS FOR THE BELLY LAUGH! I needed it!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-14-2012 at 05:20 PM..
Old 01-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Sorry to hear about Grams Fatihful.. I was just thinking about her yesterday and wondering how she was doing. Sometimes the old tough ones hang on a lot longer than you think they will. Glad she is with her friends now.

Suze, I'm 62 and Dukan seems like about all I can lose on any more. I like the fact that unlike Jenny Craig, it does teach you to prepare your own meals using real food. I don't like to cook, but am doing it and finding a few recipes I use over and over. After I've dieted in the past, I end up going back to low cal, low fat frozen dinners and canned soups and that's when I start to put back on the weight, so this time, I'm going to stay with real food. Tried Nurtisystem a few years back and after losing a little the first month, the weight loss stopped.

Amber, I haven't gotten brave enough yet to try Kombucha. Tried kefir making, but really never go to liking the taste.

DG, you are losing really well for being so close to your TW! I know what you mean about the ketchup. That's the only way I really love eggs, but have been making due with tobasco sauce. I feel like a child around food sometimes too. I keep thinking about when I can have my first celebration meal and the dessert I want is a pint of Ben and Jerry ice cream or one of the other really good ones. I know Dr D says I serving of dessert, but I think a serving is a pint. Think I can get away with it once a week. I really miss ice cream!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Susan. Yep a pint is a serving! Take it from me -my choice is Breyers! After 3 cartons in 3 weeks-not too bad for a little every night...I lost my taste for it. Yes, taste buds changed. When the Honey Badger challenge came up I left it in the freezer. Still there waiting for grankids to eat it...dont miss it...& #s on scale moving slowly again! Tweaking always works!

Blessings!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #135

Iam- no you dont owe me $5, LOL I wanted to try it!!! We will drink it swig by swig, LOL

Susan- you are not going to eat a pint of ice cream, you are going to measure the serving and eat it and enjoy it slowly!!!! Then I bet that pint lasts 4 days!!! You have come too far to be eating pints of ice cream!!! LOL I wont let you!!!! I do think if you really crave something and want it it is better to eat a little and move on, cause then in your head you stop obsessing about it, you figure 3500 calories equals a pound of fat gain, most people are not going to eat that, you might eat 500 or so but then you get back on track and it comes off again. Deprivation is what leads to the binges and bad eating.
Ketchup on eggs?? I know people do it, I never liked that. I do like a blob of sour cream on it though! Like an omelete with veggies and cheese and sour cream yum!! LOL

I hope you are feeling better today Iam!!!! Hugs to you!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
Hang in there I am - sorry for your loss

Looks like everyone is doing good... phewwww... this thread moves fast!! lol

Had such a stressful week, just having trouble eating at all. I want something, I make it, then time its on the plate I am over it!! Know its just stress, hopefully will ease up

Weighed in 4lb lighter, but know its just from stressing out big time!! not good

Got plenty of mince and hamburgers (gluten free) on the ready,sooo.. I am just going to make a big pot of roast aubergine and mince tonight, hopefully can nibble a bit

TTFN xx
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Thanks for responding everyone. I appreciate it so much. Today is Day #1. It's easy for me to eat this way (Attack). Just need to lose the 10 again. Stay tuned!
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Iam - I wasn't sure what you meant by "dancing with Red & Jesus" but I see now you lost your Gran. I hope she had a fabulous life and that she is resting in some state of peace and FUN in an after life! Also - thanks for mentioning the bone broth thread - I will go look for that. I've got extra room in the garage fridge so need to just allocate a weekend and DO IT!!

Amber I am laughing so hard about your Kombucha story! So does it look as good when you wear it as it tastes????? WOW you are doing a LOT of exercise!!! that rocks. I tried yoga (just a beginners class) a few times before. I am SO stiff. I would love to work on maximizing flexibility - even if for me, that is not really very flexible. The biggest problem is my bad hip. It just prevents me from even getting into modifications of the positions. One of these days I need to have it looked at. But I'm not excited about the prospect of a hip replacement so I just make do, and do the exercises I can. I should probably try again though (yoga) with a different teacher just to see how that goes. I still think there must be some way for me to benefit from it despite my hip and flexibility issues. (because I know yoga should allow me to improve that!)

Stilldews - a pint of Ben and Jerry's is 1/2 a serving. Just to clear up any confusion there. Sweets have ALWAYS been the thing to derail me each and every time I have achieved my goal weight. And it's not one of those things where I have "one bad day" and then get right back on the wagon. Sweets derail me for....... well, one time it was 60 pounds worth of derailment. I know some people can enjoy sweets in moderation - I cannot. I think I need to stay far far away from sugar no matter what plan I'm on. That is just me though. I hope I am finally figuring out that no matter how much I love that stuff, it HATES on me. (so you can have my 1/2 servings of Ben and Jerry's too! )

DancerUK - I look forward to getting to know you. aubergine? mince? What's that? I like to think I am quite the "international" because I know what a courgette is. (I also made the mistake of using the word "fanny" one time with a person from UK and I quickly learned it means something totally different there!!!! ) Hope whatever is stressing you eases up soon!

Suze I think it is SO FABULOUS that you are addressing that 10 pounds before it's a bigger number. I wish I had been smart like you!

I cannot believe I am down more today. I know a bump up is coming and I'm ready for it mentally. I thought for sure it would be today. But it's not. I started last Tuesday at 168 and today I was 161. Holy smokes!! I know much of that is water, but water takes up space too. I also took measurements today and saw good news there compared to last Sunday.

Wow.

PP for me today and all is well so far. I'm going to try a different Jillian DVD this afternoon (other than 30 day Shred) just for variety.

DG
Old 01-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
hehe...doggygirl.. I am sorry!!

Aubergine - eggplant

Mince is just Steak mince, beef mince

Hope that helps
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
thanks for the welcomes, Everyone!

We had a ridiculous, long, messed up travel day cross country yesterday and are now in Florida. Airline lost our luggage (along with most of other people on the flight. They put it on the wrong plane).

We just got it back a few minutes ago and I gotta get dressed up for 2 social events this evening.

I will come back and read more and post tomorrow.

DG!!! YAY YOU!!! -5 in 4 days is just plain, downright awesome. I'll bet it stays off, too!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Ah...Dancer thanks for clearing that up. So mince would be like ground beef?

Yam yam - sorry to hear about your travel horrors! Yikes. I assume you finally got your luggage since you mention dressing up?? Hope things on the return trip go much more smoothly.

I did the "Week 1" workout of Jillians "Ripped in 30 days" DVD. Wow I really like that particular workout! I was sweating like crazy even doing it the first time, where it takes a moment to figure out each new exercise. I would LOOOVE to be "ripped" in "30" LOL! But I would settle for a little less pregnant look to my pooch.

Good PP day here. Just had a little ribeye from the grass fed cow and a galette for "dessert." Not really hungry which is good! Looking forward to some vegs tomorrow.

Hope all are having a good day!

DG
Old 01-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #142

DG- the yoga will help your hip with a good teacher, I am doing the Bikram hot yoga, 90 minutes in a 110 degree room doing 26 postures, but regular yoga is great too, I like going to the one at my gym, you have to try a few to find a really good teacher and one that will give you individual attention!!

Jillians 30 day shred is awesome great workout!!! You will get ripped for sure!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hey there!! You all have been chatty this month!! Great to see!! Sorry I haven't been around much this past month. Haven't been eating on any plan at all. Need to get my system cleaned out cause I ate WAY too many sweets over the holidays. But I was at 200.4 today, so at least I didn't gain lots this time!!

Thanks for sending me a note faithful!! I'm going to try to get on here several days a week if not every day. I'm going to get my DD book out and take it to work tonight to go over. Want to get back on plan and lose some more weight. Haven't really lost much in the past four months, but then again I haven't' stayed on any plan for long. Time to change that.

Last year I did manage to lose close to 30 pounds, which is a first is such a long time!! So I'm very thankful for that!! Going to get another 30 off this year!! Doesn't sound like much, but I'm aiming to learn how to keep it off and not just lose it quickly!! I turn 50 in 2-1/2 years and I want to be at a much healthier weight and have learned how to eat right in order to stay there by then.

Love the name of the thread!!!

Hope and pray everyone had a fantastic weekend. Hopefully by Wednesday's weigh in I'll be down in the 190's!!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

OMGosh Amber! You are quite athletic doing hot yoga and all else that you do!! I remember you posting over in the journals when you FIRST joined the gym! WOW you have come so FAR! THAT'S EXCITING you buff woman you! (we need a "buff" smilie here!)

Amazing grace I look forward to getting to know you. Congrats on 30 pounds down last year - and especially for not having a big regain following some time not on any plan. That is so awesome!!! I'm hoping Dukan will help me bring some sanity into my own eating. I'm sick of the yo yo ride myself.

I'm still amazed at how this is working so far! Thank you ladies for being here.

DG
Old 01-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
I started out on DD last June and did really well for the summer. got off track in the fall and have only lost a few pounds since then. But I'm just thankful that I haven't regained. I still tend to eat a lot more protein -- especially if I have had sweets the day before. Just need to get rid of those sweets right now and hopefully start losing again!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Lenise. You did good to not put much back on over the holidays. Sort of like you consolidated the weight you had taken off. You'll do fine once you get off the sweets again.

DG, Danceruk, Suze and Yam-yam, sounds like you're all off and running.

Amber and Faithful, afraid I really would eat that pint of ice cream all in one celebration meal. Maybe I should just buy a single serving of Skinny Cow instead? Today I walked over to a nearby health food store to buy oatbran and a box of Marys Gone Cracker sneaked into my shopping bag. I noticed it because that's one of the things the Dukan moderators say is OK to eat instead of bread during consolidation and I wanted to see if I liked them. Sadly I ate most of the box before I decided I didn't really like them much and crumbled up the rest of them. That's the first time I've really gone off plan in 4 and a half months, so not going to feel too bad about it. I was scared to get the the scale tonight and will probably just wait until Wed to get weighed in. Guess I've had my warning that carbs really do make me loss control real fast. I may decide to eat 2 fruits on consolidation and skip the grains all together.

Last edited by stilldews; 01-15-2012 at 11:28 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Learning curve

Susan, maybe the tiny serving size would be better to get!

I am glad you didn't beat yourself up over the crackers! You did what I would have done! Crush those little buggers! Good learning curve! We only find our strengths & weaknesses by trying.

I did something out of line on my way home Sat. It had been a long emotional day so I stopped & got not one but two Whoppers. Yep, by the time the evening was finished so were both of them (hers & mine). Gut is very up set with me every since and is bound tighter than a drum. I'm not going to kick myself - just won't do that again! I hope!

This weekend I feel empty! Guess I will pour my energy into finishing my painting downstairs & pull up some more carpet. Flossie said she wanted to see the house when I got done! Not gonna happen now! Oh dear! I am starting to rain.. & I don't do that often.....got to go!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-16-2012 at 03:11 AM..
Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Here's a great recipe to try when you get the chocolate craving. I use a TB of the unsweetened cocoa powder, but that is a little over the tolerated amt. if you are really going by the rules.

This recipe came from someone who got it off a French website!

Chocolate Mug Cake

2 tablespoons oat bran
2 tablespoons skimmed milk powder
˝ tablespoon low fat cocoa powder
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Sweetener to taste
1 egg
3-4 tablespoons skimmed milk

In a very large mug:
Beat the egg and 3Tsp of milk together
Add the Oat Bran, milk powder, cocoa and baking powder, mix very well.
It should be quite liquid. If necessary, add another 1Tsp of milk.
Microwave for 3 minutes on high (850W)

For this, I used a 2 cup (500 ml) Pyrex jug.
The mixture rose right to the top of the jug, (I thought it was going to overflow!) and then settled down at the 1˝ cup (375ml) mark.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

We posted at the exact same time Faithful. Hope you enjoyed those Whoppers. Some days are just like that. Hope you cheer up soon. Try the mug cake. Maybe it's just what you need.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 AM   #150

Aww Iam i ti s hard when you are grieving, well you shared a whopper and now it is done all that painting will burn it off!! Hugs to you!!!

Lenise- it is about time woman, what are we going to do??? We are still not under 200, LOL I have buckled down and still cant move it! LOL

Doggy- yeah I went from slug to gym rat, I really embraced the exercise, I work out almost everyday, spinning, the weight lifting, running, I ran a race!!! Now the yoga, I found that is what will keep the weight off if I really move!!Plus I like it!!! I am trying to get in the best shape possible to have my tummy fixed in the spring, I dread the thought of not working out for 2 months during recovery but I will so much better once that is fixed. Weight was up most likely from the darn water shifts from yoga, so back at it this week and see if it moves, I am trying to get to 3-5 of those hot yoga classes and lay off the running for now, cause I hate the cold now!!