Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
mareeree all you can do if the horse bucks you off is get right back on. Every day is a new day. It really does get easier once your body gets over those first few days of carb cravings.

I did well with regular low carb, higher fat for years, but found that at a certain point my body got smarter and going lower fat has really seemed to help. I do think it's important to get some fat every day, but with eating 2-4 eggs and some reduced fat bacon every day along with beef and pork, I don't really think my body is fat starved. Dr Dukan has approved 3 tsp a day of olive oil for everyone on all phases. Coconut oil could be used to replace that too. I use a little of both.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuePro
WOE: Low Carb
Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I want to apologize for not posting. I will try to get better at it. I do visit daily and I really enjoy reading but I swear, its take me forever to post. I review, edit, review, edit and review and edit again. Must be from all of the training at work to make sure we donít offend and have the correct tone.

I have to say I am thrilled with my first week. I weighed in this mornig at 244.6. Thatís 10.4 pounds this week!! This is the first time I have ever lost that much in a week. I feel like Iím on the Biggest Loser Ė without all of the exercise. Iím planning to stay in the Attack phase thru Thursday. That will be 10 days which I read some where should be the max. Iím looking forwards to the next phase.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Wonderful results Sue. I just watched the BL and few lost the much weight. Did you do the online calculations about how long to stay on Attack? Sometimes going too long makes it harder to lose the first few weeks of Cruise. Definitely start adding vegetables after 10 days. You won't believe how good they taste. The online calculations also give you an idea of how long Cruise will take you. All of us lose differently, but 2 pounds a week seem to be about the average that the Dukaners on Facebook are losing. Usually less than that the first 2 to 3 weeks of Cruise, but with 10 pounds lost your first week, you could lose nothing the next 3 weeks and still be over that average. Great work!
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Sue- great job!!! Man I wish I was like you!! I type so fast, errors and all, and just say what I think!! LOL

Dont be disappointed if the second week slows down, as long as you are sticking to it, give your bod time to adjust that is a huge loss!!!!

Kuddos I am glad you are liking the program and doing so well!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/148.6/?
WOE: lc
Thanks everyone for the thoughtful responses! I like high fat low carb but it doesn't like me as I get depressed and have lots of nausea. Yesterday I tried coconut oil and woke up last night with reflux so bad I vomited. I do okay with high protein but I get bored with the food and hate to cook I could live with my current weight but would be happier losing about 10 to get back into all the clothes I was wearing last year.
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
Quickly checking in been away for two days for family funeral, feeling a bit drained but...otherwise okay. Barely eaten whilst been away, will get to the gym and weigh in the morning! My family noticed the loss anyway despite only seeing me at new years

Trying to get the PV days down...just finding it much easier to have PP days all the time..I forget to have the veg..oops! Need to find which ones are okay for me and dont cause discomfort for me crohns wise.

Sue - fantastic work, keep it up

Jeanjem - it may be worth giving the dukan a whirl and seeing how you go, My sister has the same problem - has to gulch back gaviscon constantly to keep from being sick - am trying to get her to give it a whirl! Hope it does help for you

Pheww....gonna get a bath and get to bed, hopefully can scoff some proper food tommorow!

Xxx
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hi everyone, thanks for the claps for graduating- just think, i start the BA portion tonight.. 2 more years!
I didn't weigh in this morning... PMS and I know I would have been upset.. so i will do so in a day or two...
@ I am faithful- do you take the coconut oil straight on a spoon or... how?
Thanks all, and this going to be a good year, I can feel it!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
I put the coconut oil on anything I cook if I remember including mixing it in my ultra lean venison. But I always take the spoon or fork & fill it up and pop it in the mouth. I love coconut & it tasts so good. I never had a problem eating a little bread with my butter so I figured why should VCO be any different. Don't really want to over do though because it is still calories but I find that VCO keeps cravings & hunger down.

Sue! WOW! Terrific start! It took me 2 weeks even with attack to loose an ounce but then it started dropping too fast. Remember every one of will loose differently & each of us will loose differently at different times.

Jeangem- don't worry about the editing - we are pretty thick skinned here. And typos... I can't edit from.my phone well & the ladies are nice enough to not notice or at least say anything. Just glad you are with us.

mareeree- just keep hangin in with us! Sometimes we have to relax and have fun and those times after when we feel like a bloated beached whale we learn we can't do that to our selves. Every experience is a leaning experience.

Susan, thanks! Don't know how long it will last! Maybe forever eventually! I bounce a lot but cut out the bread completely & the few wheat thins & Mike N Ikes (candy) & the Breyer's. So something should drop! I don't look for anything big but an ounce or two a week is still in the right direction. I have a lot of water fluxuation so I take my bottom weight of 168 and if I bounce around 3-5 lbs I never am concernd. When I get a weight lower than 168 you will see me jumping up and down cause I will have a new low.

I appreciate you ladies here at LCF! You are the connection I have to real people in the outside world. It is difficult for me to see who is posting and my brain doesn't let me keep up with everyone (especially with the badgers) but I try. So If I miss you please understand my brain just started working again this year after being in "fibro fog" for almost 10 years & it hasn't arrived yet. Atleast I can remember something I read where for years I couldn't remember a line right after I read it. Thank you for letting me into your world!

Blessings!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/203 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
POpping in to say hi...I am having so much fun reading all the postings that I don't seem to get the time to post... Two finger typing is so slow...
Congrats to the losers...
Sue great job....
The recipes are great...I do not do ground turkey so well but want to try that with beef...Not much diff...in calories...or fat....

iamfathful, we do not have much venison here...I was raised in Ct...and we had lots of deer in the freezer from my Dads trips to Maine...Beef is ok for me as long as its grass fed...

I alone can do it. But I can't do it alone.

The beginnings of all things are small..

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #100

Kerri-just curious why you don't do ground turkey, cause I was looking at ground turkey and turkey bacon and the beef I have that is grass fed is leaner and the precooked bacon is leaner from Costco! I was like why am I eating all this when beef and bacon is lower in fat?

Jean the coconut oil probably didn't make you yak might have been something else, they say it helps acid reflux. I don't know what to tell you to try, to lose more, you are probably good, maybe just exercise more? But cooking on whatever plan is a necessary evil it just has to be prepared by you so you know what you are eating! I hate coconut like the flakes yuk, but I am trying to stir fry with coconut oil I never got to where I could lick it off the spoon or put it in coffee, but I put it on my arm scars!!! LOL

Iam- you are so cute, we love you!!!

Dancer- sorry about the funeral, it is always nice though when people notice your weight loss, I am sure you had a tough week!!!

Others=, hello and keep on!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Bejewelme, That's the same reason I do not do Turkey....grass fed beef is leaner and healthier....
I use coconut oil to fry my eggs and in a protein smoothie you never can tell..also in a salad a teaspoon disappears....I also use it on my skin and my face..keeps me looking younger....
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #102

Yeah I was like what a scam and beef is tastier, LOL There is one brand of turkey the Butterball stuff at Costco that is OK, but I am like I can get grass fed beef cheaper at the Farmers Market!

Never thought about adding CO to my protein shakes I bet that would help keep me fuller, I will plop some in tomorrow and thank you in advance, LOL
Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuePro
WOE: Low Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Thanks everyone for the thoughtful responses! I like high fat low carb but it doesn't like me as I get depressed and have lots of nausea. Yesterday I tried coconut oil and woke up last night with reflux so bad I vomited. I do okay with high protein but I get bored with the food and hate to cook I could live with my current weight but would be happier losing about 10 to get back into all the clothes I was wearing last year.
I also get nauseous and acid reflux with too much fat. I prefer high protein and it can be boring. I eat the same thing every day during the work week. I try to mix it up at night and on the weekends but I have to be careful not to over do it.
SuePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah I don't know where that reflux came from for sure, but it was miserable. I had to sit up real straight and keep rinsing my mouth and sipping cold water from 2-3:30 am before it eased up enough for me to fall back to sleep. It still is bothering me slightly even today. I am praying I sleep well tonight as I haven't been sleeping well for weeks as it is and I am getting quite cranky!
Is anyone doing Dukan lowfat?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Hon, the only fat I eat is my VCO & sometimes real butter.

OOPS! All my dairy is 2% don't count that as fat though.

I don't eat beef unless it is @ someones home, very little turkey. I try to stick with venison that hunters are kind enough to bring my way. It sometimes is last years but still good. Sean brought me a huge roast from his morning kill- I never had venison so fresh! It was the best I ever had-just flash fried in some VCO & lots of onion. I don't have a problem with beef except for the price & the fat, pork is the same,, chicken don't like all the hormones unless it is organic and turkey-ate it for so many years I don't find it interesting any more. I am an O blood type & lean red meat is what my body craves-venoson is my go to meat and in KY no part of a deer can be sold so it costs me nothing -truly the price is right! Ate so much fish this summer it is not on plan right now.

Ya'll didn't ask for that info- just tossed it your way before I go to bed. Nitey nite!

Blessings
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #106

Iam- I am an O blood type too one of the diet books I read was that blood type diet I have that book somewhere, the lady in the health food store got me to look at that, made sense to some degree I guess. I def thrive on meat and adding these darn healthy carbs back in is a challenge, I just need the magical formula, but I keep trying!

Have a good day girls!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Overall, I'm doing Dukan low fat and pretty much by the rules. I do add maybe a TB or so of low fat instead of fat free cheese sometimes and occasionally some black olives. Like I said, many of the foods Dukan allows have some fat, so I think you get plenty just following the plan as it is. If you add a lot of fat, I've never been able to understand why your body would not use the calories from that fat before it uses it stored fat. I want my body to get its energy from my fat rather than dietary fat or carbs. I know you do need some fat to get the benefit from the fat soluable vitamins in foods, but it doesn't take large amts. The coconut oil does have other health benefits, but adding it in the past has only slowed down my weight loss. I do plan to add it back once I'm down to what I want to weigh.

I made the Greek burgers yesterday and cooked some Mahi Mahi in the crazy water recipe. The burgers were great! The fish was a little fishy and I think the recipe would be better with halibut. I used the Butterfall turkey with the burgers and will probably use very low fat beef next time since I like the taste better and have found too that it's as low or lower in fat than the ground turkey.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi Dukan Divas!

Amber - I just wanted to say how FABULOUS you look (love that red dress!) and also how beautiful you looked in your wedding pictures. Congratulations on all of the good things happening in your life!!!

I am still wandering in the darkness trying to figure out a long term plan that will get me to a good weight and allow me to stay there. I've been up and down and all around and still haven't found it. I recently heard a bit about Dukan, and I bought the book Monday and started Attack Tuesday. I sure like Dr. D's pragmatic approach to issues of MAINTAINING weight loss from what I've read so far.

Based on the web site, this is my 3rd and last day of attack. I will start cruise tomorrow. I've enjoyed reading many many back posts and want to thank you all for the inspiration and information!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Bejewelme...I am a type A+ which according to the book is the exact opposite to the O..I should be a vegetarian..They also say if I don't eat right I am at risk for heart disease and cancer..Its so darn hard to read all this and which book and which diet is the truth....It makes your head spin...

iamfaithful....Wish I could stop by and get some of that yummy Venison..
Old 01-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Welcome DG. It's the maintaining that has always eluded me too. I've lost 50 to 100 pounds way too many times over the last 50 years to think that losing weight solves the problem. I'm almost scared to get to my goal weight because then I know the hard part starts. It's encouraging to read on the Dukan USA facebook site and see that so many people that have never been able to maintain before are doing it using DR D's ideas. I'm not real sure about adding back whole grain bread. I think wheat may be a big tigger food for me and I may try adding an extra fruit instead. That is allowed according to the monitors. Also the gluten free Mary's Gone Crackers or brown rice can be used instead of the whole wheat bread. Going to take some experimenting. Looks your true weight is the same is mine, but you are starting out a lot thinner. How did Attack go for you?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Iam - I will take some of that venison too thank you!!

Stilldews - I stayed between 148 and 152 (the last time LOL) from November 2008 until January 2010. And it's been an uphill struggle of three pounds up, two pounds down ever since. Ugh. Two times I was able to maintain a 50+ loss for just over a year doing Atkins. Then I was no longer able to resist sugar/starch and the trouble began. The first time, I pretty quickly just went right back to 200+. This last time, I've fought harder, but have been losing more than winning. So I totally and completely hear you on maintenance!!!!!

One of the intriquing things to me about Dr. D's plan is what seems a very realistic outlook on incorporating "real life foods" into a workable plan. For me, high intensity dessert type foods (sugar+fat+salt=DANGER!) may never work at all. But I really like the systematic, controlled and gradual approach of re-introducing "regular" foods. It remains to be seen whether I can make it work for me, but I too am encouraged by the success stories I'm reading.

Thank you for the welcome!! I look forward to becoming a Dukan Diva LOL!

DG
Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome DG!
The Dukie approach is what peaked my interest! He made sense! &still does! I jut had to tweak it for my personal body & age. I do know that my mind is forever trsnsformed to a different way of eating! This plan just does that to you!

I have every confidence that the ladies that have worked the Dukan Plan will succeed for a lifetime even with modification we all will eventually make. I found what I can eat to maintain & with the few changes like what I recently dropped again I can loose in a slower healthy method.

Blessings!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Iam - I would love to hear what you have done to make this work for you. And congrats on your success!!!! WOW! (is it the venison????? Will you share????? )

DG
Old 01-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

DG - I followed the plan to a t for 6 weeks then had to go to phase 4 cause I was losing too fast (1lb/day) & I wasn't feeling right. too fast for an old tired unhealthy body. At the same time I started drinking Kombucha every day and craved it! Also I added Kefir. The Ko,bucha helped restore my energy and detox my bod as well as assist in restoration of my Ph level. I don't understsnd all of it, I just know it works wonders. Also the milk kefir made my gut healthy by putting billions of healthy bacteria in it & crowding out the bad. The nutrients I take in are better absorbed and I am just not as hungry especially for the bread & pasta -but I could still down it by the loaf & plateful - no I can't! I won't do that to me any more! I love myself too much to ruin all the hard sacrifices I made to get here and the Miracle Jesus gave me when I found Kombucha, kefir & the Dukan Plan. I know if a compulsive eater such as myself can do this ANYONE CAN so I am here to tell you GIRL YOU GOT THIS! We can do it together!

No big secret or major anything I just decided one day Dukan made sense and it was worth a try. I liked the way he planned for long term and slowly brought the body to normal eating. I figured out what he knew.... After phase 1, 2, & 3 you would never go back to your old way of eating. Your want to has changed! No longer are you a fat person but a thin person glad to be free of bondage to food! You see this is not resrictive! There are so many things you can eat! And as your thinking changes toward food a wider range of CHOICES is available. Like when you were a kid-mom always kept you in the same room - as you got older and your thinking matured you could get farther & farther from her reach til you moved out on your own. Food is like that. As we mature in our thinking &become free from the mental bondage we have to certain foods we can say "I have learned to say NO" and that feels so good. It feels good to fit in a smaller size or wear your baggy pants and be able to pull onn them and say they are so big now! The looks people give you is worth saying no to certain foods that are harmful to you. It takes a little tweaking but you will learn what you can and SHOULDNT eat and just how little you really need compared to what you THOUGHT YOU COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT. You have been set free! And freedom feels terrific!

Blessings!

BTW Amber & Susan have the success stories! I am just Blessed! Huggs!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

iamfaithful
Did you find that you could eat until full during the 6 weeks you followed the program strictly? I like the idea that I could enjoy a nonfat latte on this diet!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #116

Doggy- good to see you hun, I am sorry you are struggling, Dukan does have a good plan about adding foods back in, I am so stuck like I just cant get under 200 some was my fault but this year I can say no sugar has passed my lips, LOL It is tough, I took elements of all the things I have done, like Kerri says there are a million books, having been obese my whole life I am always reading and interested in diets! Dukan has a very good and sound plan, I like the phases I like that he prescribes exercise, that is so important to on going weight loss, and allows you the cheat to feel satisfied, basically the whole last 3 months every weekend was osme party with drinks, cake and carbs and I ate every one of them but I worked out and I got right back on track and I learned I could maintain, as Iam says you really dont have that desire to just gorge non stop like I did for so many years, an occasion is special and then back to business!!!

Good luck I know the girls will help you a lot!!!

Kerri my hubby is an A, he leans more towards veg than meat he is skinny and so fat phobic with saturated fat, OMG!! I cant stand it!!! I think since he turned 50 he is afraid he will get fat, LOL I told him he needs more fat and less carbs in his diet, all he eats is carbs and junk and he doesnt gain, LOL
Old 01-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to plug in exercise so I will do it on this edit! In this area we have what is called "UPGRADE- You Only Better. I parked my car at the far end of the parking lot & when I went shopping made it a habit of walking the perimeter of the store 4 times befoore I shopped. & I always took the stairs in any building I was in if I had to go up or down. In addition I got my 20 minutes or ore of walking & when I could afford the gas did Curves several times a wek. Gas is too high and working in the house takes all my energy & time now but my gym equipment wull be set up in the garage & I will expect the whole family to make use of it if they don't hit the Y. Yeah us seniors get free memberships there too- a perk of old age- so you youngsters want to be healthy to get & enjoy the free perks like free gym memberships & senior discounts!

Yes I ate til I was full. I consumed loads of eggs (not recommended but worked for me), egg whites, salmon, tuna, venison, chicken, turkey Everything low fat. Lots & lots of cottage cheese 2% the kind with no added extras. wthe one with the name of a flower. I didn't mind eating real sour cream & added small amounts of salsa & 2% cheese to top my eggs. Ate the oat brand without fail every day. I still go through a couple dozen eggs a week. They along with venison are my go to hot meal.

It WASN't UNTIL I STABALIZED that I touched a piece of bread & at that it was Ezekiel sprouted bread in the brown wrapper. I DID NOT eat any sugars unless they were in the form of lactose frm milk. I did my cheese as a flavoring and not a food. My vegies were frozen or fresh and NO corn or any kind of potato. But there were loads to choose from. I animated most of my meals for the six weeks - lots of repeats but no duplicates as spices & condimates changed up. Since it is just me- it was easy. I am not a big cook right now not having owned a stove since 07 so I kept things simple and still do! I also made bone broth- so good for a hot nourishing drink! I didn't add VCO until after the 6 weeks. I did drink Kombucha with a passion - had a huge craving for it as well as milk kefir and water kefir. I also made ginger beer & it was my goto cold drink after a hot afternoon cutting grass or working in the yard (something I could not do prior to adding the fermented drinks) so I was drinking a LOT of ginger! Let me think.... No starches of any kind and when I stabalized it was November before I ever found Mike ? Ikes (still a downfall so they don't comme in the house any more) & December late when I bought my first Breyer's (not on plan now-still in freezer but I CAN SAY NO & like it that way! It took a long time before I felt like I could eat mixed vegies that had corn in it OH NO CORN IN THE BEGINING NOR BANANAS, GRAPES, CHERRIES, ORANGES & still today I can't bring myself to eat these- that invludes resins (intereting they have sin in them-loaded with sugar) I found out from Ducan bananas, grapes & cherries have the heaviest concentrate of sugar.

Have a friend that had bypass & lost 200 lbs. I noticed she was oicking back weight & saw she was eating a couple of bananas & peanut butter for her meals; she was also eating mashed potatoes & light yogurt but it is loaded with carbs. When I mentioned to her the potential for gain she blew me off til her clothes were tight & she gained almost 20 pounds. Such a shame- a nurse and she was smarter than an old lady. Now she struggles. She never got out of the "fat mentality" because her refrigerator has small amounts of food she will save so she can eat it later! You don't save scraps of food that you are too full to eat so you can eat it later unless it is ebough for a whole plate. I am not wasteful but a couple tablespoons of three things? Really. Now she is on her thradmill and I hope she can do it but the bananas & yogurt with sugar & the mashed potatoes are still her go to meals. Sad!

WHen you start this journey it is for a lifetime. Believe me...my projected lifetime is shorter than yours by reason of age, but you want your years to be happy & healthy do you don't drag around for 20 years like I did being plagued with NO ENERGY or vitality. Now I am Livin' Life & Lovin' It!

Blessings.

Amber....WTG on kicking the cancer sticks out of your life! You are doing it for the last time & as Lead Honey Badger you will take the lead & NEVER pick them back up again BECAUSE YOU LOVE YOURSELF TOO MUCH & Tony LOVES you ~ YOU WONT DO THAT TO HIM!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-12-2012 at 11:58 PM..
Old 01-13-2012, 08:21 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Hi DIVAS!!! Love that because WE ARE DIVAS!!!

Iam - thank you for sharing your story and what has worked / is working for you! Much inspiration and good info there. I really appreciate you taking the time! You make such a good point about having VITALITY for LIVING in our later years. That is what I want too. Love your analogy to the kid getting more freedoms with maturity. That made me really consider how immature my thinking around food really is. GREAT point. I will be so happy if I can mature my thinking in that regard as you have!

Amber - am I reading that you have quit smoking??? GOOD FOR YOU!!!! It will be 5 years for me without the sticks on Feb 26. Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I have ever done - especially for the first 3 - 6 months. BUT - IT IS SO WORTH IT!!! And all those crazy cravings DO subside with time. So hang in there! You will not regret it. You have done such a stellar job figuring out how to make your eating plan work for you! My DH used to be a bean pole too. When he hit 45 a couple years ago, he started getting a pretty good sized pooch. He has always been allergic to dairy, but ignored that allergy and consumed lots of it all his life. (and ate rolaids like candy, etc.) Well, that caught up with him and now dairy and also gluten make him VERY sick. So he has been forced to change his diet radically. (and has also lost a ton of weight) So keep after your DH to eat healthy - it's not only about the weight!

I caved and ate some peanuts last night. Ugh. It was Day 3 of Attack but also Day 3 with no sugar - I suspect some hearty withdrawal going on there. But also maybe a fat shortage, so added a spoon of coconut oil this morning. I don't do well if my fat gets too low. Will monitor! Down -3.6 for Attack despite the indescretion, so am very happy about that!

Hello to everyone!

Have a wonderful day Divas!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

DG congrats! A few peanuts won't kill you! Better to eat a few of them to satisfy a strong craving than to eat everything in sight to keep from avoiding a few peanuts! That is nuts IMO! We just have to make wise choices and not eat them everyday... But IMO a few peanuts is better for you than to fight cravings til you get a strong handle on things.

Neved have done this but thought I would post my dinner. I had some fozen kale & spinach in the way so I put them in a covered dish with some pepper, lots of chopped onion & VCO --nuked til tender. Plated with 2% cottage cheese toppped with pepper a few tomato slices & a few slices of sweet onion & a hard boiled egg. Not much on cooking but it looks like I spent all day making a colorful plate green,white red & yellow yolk! Yummm!!! & I found a quart of bone broth (mystery as to what is in it) and I heated a large 16 oz cup to drink... Nice & toasty! It is a warm 16į outside so a hot cup of broth is just what I needed!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-13-2012 at 04:54 PM..
Old 01-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Iam! It was more than a "few" peanuts, which is the main problem with me and peanuts! Today has been great on plan though so I'm happy camper.

Wow your dinner sounds AWESOME!!! Don't you love when you rummage around in the fridge/freezer and end up turning out something awesome? We got our first REAL snow of the season yesterday so today was dig out day. I'm jealous of your bone broth!!! Can you share YOUR method of making it? I have lots of soup bones, short ribs, etc. in my freezer as we get part of a grass fed cow every year. I've made broth a couple times but really didn't know what I was doing. Would love some coaching!!!

Hope everyone had a great day.

DG