Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mareeree
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: October 2011
Good morning girls! Okay I weighed in at 215 this morning, not quite back where I was, but less pounds than Monday morning, so that is good. Becky, I chuckled at your comment misery loves company!! I found you guys from the Dukan Diet facebook page. I think more of us would join you but I don't think they could figure out how to get here, it took a little bit of searching, but I found you, maybe they will too eventually!

Have a great day - keep up the good work!!!
mareeree is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
mareeree I don't do Face Book so I know not of which you speak but sounds interesting that you found us through FB.
becksterinindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Morning again! Susan I just want to make your fav egg breakfast & realized I didn't write down the recipe. Can you post again or PM me? Thanks!

Saw the one with cocoa but I think the other had lemon in it....

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-04-2012 at 08:55 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I was not that opposed to Anna but I like that it is Bob and Dolvett, I really think she lacked the language to communicate and that was a problem, man that workout tape I got thought with the 3 of them, kicked my booty I am still sore form doing that one Sat that is a workout!!!

I brought in a canned soup from the health food store, mushroom it was LC and low fat it was tasty I added some cooked chicken when I heated it, I need to experiment this weekend, so you can throw like raw beef in with the broth and it is OK? I will trust ya! I have some miraclenoodles so maybe a chicken miracle noodle, I love soup when it is freezing like

Carry on girls!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Hi ladies! I was reading my Dukan book today and am geared up to start the plan tomorrow! I am supposed to do attack for 2 days and then the cruise rotation and was wondering what rotation you all have chosen. Looks like he suggests the 1/1 but it can be other variations. I tried this a while back and didn't stick with it but since have found that high protein is even more satiating than high fat to me! I like the galettes too!

Looks like there are some honey badgers here too
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #36

Jean- I did dukie for a bit so I still hang with the ladies, they let me, LOL And yes queen honey badger is also a crown I wear! Dukie has a good plan, work it and it will work! Find what suits you as with any plan, my best advice is making sure it is something you can do forever, and then it will work, little teaks always need to happen!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
I like the 1/1 pattern, but have also done the 2/2. With the 2/2 I buy just enough salad fixings to last 2 days and don't have to worry about waste. I'll be honest though and admit that I often throw in a few vegetables on my protein days.

Welcome Jean. One thing about Dukan is that while you should lose very fast during attack, you may lose rather slowly the first couple weeks or so of Cruise once you add vegetables back. Some people have a tendency to get discouraged and drop out during that time. I only lost pounds a week, but now often lose 2-4 pounds. I think it's important to really look at it as a long term way of eating and just stick with it week by week. Consolidation is probably the most important phase and one I'm hoping to start in Feb.

Here is the lemon breakfast recipe I like Faithful:

2 TB oat bran
2 eggs
2 Tb Greek yogurt or fat free cream cheese
2 tsp lemon juice
2 Pkg Truvia
2 Pkg Splenda

Mix well with a fork in a 2 cup bowl and microwave 3 minutes. It should look set when done cooking. I sometimes add 1/2 tsp baking powder, but not sure it makes much difference.

I make the same recipe using cinnamon or cocoa powder in place of the lemon juice and find it a really fast breakfast. Lately I have been making a cereal out of the oat bran.

Greek Oat Bran cereal:

Dilute 1/2 cup Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup water. Stir in 2 TB oat bran, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and microwave 2 minutes. Stir and top with Sweetener to taste. I also sometimes add some ground flax seed to the mix.

Becky, I don't think you have to be a facebook member to read the Dukan facebook USA wall. It's easy to sign up if you do need to and encouraging to read everyones experiences.

Brought some thin pork chops and sauerkraut to work with me tonight and then went to the cafeteria to get a salad and saw they had baked cod, so got that and some mixed vegetables and will save the pork chops for tomorrow. Have some Greek yogurt mixed with orange jello for a snack later so am set for the night.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #38

That looks good I am always looking for new ways to use yogurt! I will try that!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

jeanie I do 1/1 and to remember I do pv days on even days and pp on odd. That is WHEN I can stay on plan I am like Susan and sometimes have a few veggies on pp days.

Girls my badge is still tarnished and can't even begin to tell you what all I crammed into the pie hole lst night Just can't seem to get back into the groove. Every morning I plan to do it but before I am tucked in bed I have blown it. I feel so bloated and sick to my stomach and up almost 2 pounds.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Danceruk
Stats: at goal
WOE: hhcg
Start Date: Atkins August 2008 down 45lb/VLC/HCG
Checking in quickly guys... not feeling great... TOM..wah!

Down 4lb in total

yesterday was my first pv

B-Sliced chicken
Snack - Yoghurt
L- Huge salad with tuna
D- 3 rashers turkey bacon

Today...nearly ran out of food shopping now EEEK
B - Sugar free redbull... 2 bits of oven baked ham (in the car..LOL)
L - 2 low fat sausages, 1/2 small pot of 0% greek
D- Small amount of samlon, green tea

Later - Will have the other half of greek

Phews... I think I will aim to do 1/1 but know I wont have any veg to eat in the morning...so prob to a PP...err..maybe 2/2 might work better...bit unsure!!

TTFN *waves* to all!
Danceruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #41

Oh Becky just get it out and shine it up again, think about how you feel so yucky and so much better when eating well, throw the stuff away, I know I am a miser but you gotta do it sometimes! You can so do this!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Becky, just try for one day at a time. Eat some protein every hour if you have to and drink a big glass of water every hour too. You'll be so busy running to the bathroom to pee, you won't have time to thing of eating something off plan.

Just to show how little loses a week add up, I written down my weights for the last 19 weeks. Some weeks have not been down at all and one week was up, but overall the numbers have added up. The weeks have gone so fast and it's so encouraging to finally be at a point where people are commented on how good I look.

8/24/11=198.4
8/31/11-191.2
9/7/11=190.2
9/14/11=189.2
9/21/11=185.8
9/28/11=184.8
10/5/11=180.8
10/19/11=177.2
10/26/11=175.6
11/02/11=174.4
11/09/11=173.8
11/18/11=171
11/23/11=167.4
11/30/11=167.4
12/7/11=167
12/14/11=164.2
12/21/11=161.6
12/28/11=162
1/3/12=158
Old 01-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuePro
WOE: Low Carb
Hello everyone,

I was so busy yesterday I did not get a chance to post my weight. Since I just started on Tuesday, I'll just use that as my starting weight - 255. I'm on my third day of the attack phase and so far I haven't felt hungry nor have I been tempted to eat off plan.

I love seeing everyone's menus for the day. Always looking for new ideas but I'm going to stick to my turkey, eggs and yogurt for the attack phase. I made a batch of the galettes with cinnamon and I have one first thing in the morning. I really like them too.

Have a great day!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

quick question for US guys and gals - are the SF Jello pudding suitable for during cruise?? My aunt has offered to bring me some, wondering if they would be any use..sound delish (choc and pistachio...) surely its too good to be true!!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Dance I eat s/f pudding made with skim milk. I only use 1 2/3 cups of the milk with it b/c otherwise seems too watery. Infact I just bought my favorite cheesecake flavor. I do only eat 1/4 of it each day.

Thanks Susan and Amber for the encouraging words. I ran to the store and bought lean meats and lots of veggies. I do very well all day but when night hits and I sit her until 3 or 4am all I want to do is snack. I figure veggies are at least better than what I ate last night We are having a big family dinner on the 21st and I plan to eat and then will probably stay off plan until after Vegas but then in Feb. I plan to buckle down. Big family reunion in May on the Oregon coast and I want to be a lot lighter by then!

Sue it is neat when people post what they ate for the day isn't it? Maybe in Feb. I will get back to that. Right now I am a mess

You guys are the best
Old 01-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #46

GF you need to get to bed, what are you doing up at that crazy hour? Sleep is when your body repairs itself. Do you have trouble falling asleep? OR are you on a wacky schedule? Maybe if you were not up at that hour you wouldnt graze? That is a tough one, I am one cranky badger without my sleep, LOL
Old 01-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber it is the joy of being retired I do suffer with insomnia and toss and turn and have always loved sleeping in. My days are long and lonely if I have to face them before 11am

I ate some chix veg. soup and now boiling eggs but still not feeling it. I bought WAY too many veggies too
Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/138.6/?
WOE: lc
Thanks everyone. I did pretty good today I think. I cheated slightly on the galette by using 1% cottage cheese as I don't want to throw out what I have in the fridge. I am not crazy about veggies so I need to give the p/v days some thought as far as what I will eat on those days. I am doing attack until Saturday.

Becky- I hear you on the sleep! I toss and turn kick the blankets off then wake up freezing, and turn my pillow over to the cool side constantly. It drives me crazy and just when I finally get snoozing the alarm goes off!
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

I ALWAYS buy 1% cottage cheese. I just don't like the fat free. In the summer when I did Dukan for 2 months I lost 30 pounds. I just HAVE to get that groove back sometime.

Having a lean pork loin chop and some fried cabbage. I have never bought any pork when doing this plan but seems other have no problems eating it!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

The sugar free pudding mix isn't legal on Dukan because of the carbs in it. Once you add those carbs to what's in milk to begin with it's pretty high. I'm sure a little once in awhile won't hurt much, but might slow you down a little. I do use 1% cottage cheese too, but don't eat much of it. I like the Greek yogurt so much better than I eat it most of the time as my only dairy. Fat free cream cheese just isn't worth it, so I don't eat it at all.

I work nights, so eat breakfast at 10 PM. Had 2 eggs, 2 slices reduced fat bacon and a slice of fat free Borden's cheese with hot sauce.

Lunch at work: chicken breast with some cheddar cheese and mushrooms on top plus green beans. It was cooked in the caferteria, so I'm guessing it was full fat cheese, but not much anyway.

Snack at 4 AM will be Greek yogurt mixed with sugar free raspberry jello and an indiviudal pkg. of pink lemonaid.

When I get home, I'll probably have my oat bran made into a cereal with 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup water, cinnamon and sweetener.

About noon, I'll have a couple thin pork chops with sauerkraut, then go to bed about 4 PM and sleep until I wake up because I don't have to work tonight.

Then I need to do a couple PP days in a row.

We have been having record breaking warm temps here for the last 2 days, so have gotten the dog out and walked an hour each of the last 3 days. It was 68 here yesterday. For zone 5, that is crazy. Sounds like a cold front is coming soon, so will enjoy wwhile I can.

Last edited by stilldews; 01-06-2012 at 12:29 AM..
Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/203 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
Hi ladies, I have been reading your postings and wanted to say hello...I got the Dukan book yesterday at the library and hope to start reading it.
I have been off and on LC and also WW for years..I have tried so many plans and I lose and gain and lose and gain.... I am looking for the spark I guess..The one that keeps ya going...the one that keeps ya on track..
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Kerri I'm a yo-yo too. Would be nice not the recycle poundage wouldn't it? Trouble is no matter what plan you choose if you stop doing the plan you gain. Good luck and hope you will join us.

I have always enjoyed some instant pudding with no ill effect. Even when I was losing 15 pounds a month. The whole box (minus the milk) is 24 carbs and I get 4 or more servings out of it. He says skim milk is legal so too me the pudding is fine. Had some last night and lost 2
pounds overnight. Of course I stayed on plan. There are a few things the Dukie gods say that I don't agree with but to each their own

Finally back into the 190's (just) but doubt it is the last time I see the 200's. All is well with my soul though.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #53

The pudding probably doesnt hurt since it is sugar free, you gotta find things you like that is for sure! Pork gets a bad rap but it is a very lean meat if you get pork tenderloin or chops, remember it is the other white meat!!!

Jean buy a bunch of veggies you have not eaten in some time and try them, you might be surprised, I never ate veggies, now I cant believe how many vegetables I love and crave, it is crazy!

Aww Beck I am sorry you are lonely hun, but you have Vegas to look forward to, I am going to say it,

maybe the e word would help you sleep, LOL I know you hate that word!!! LOL

Have a good weekend girls,I am off for some hot yoga, cant wait to try it, and some spinning and running, keeping my butt moving so I can knock out of the 200's here soon, enough fooling around!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys, we dont get it here...so thinking will treat myself to a few... a once a week treat perhaps...eitherways you guys get better flavours in the regular wooobbly jello! (we call it jelly

Phew.... shattered after this week, got a tonne of travelling to do next week...gonna try and grab smoked salmon and stuff whilst on the go, if not stick to water, coffee...determnied not to eat rubbish!!!

Was meant to be a pv day today but not much food until the morning when groceries get delivered

Had the following

B - Coffee, 0 greek yog
L - 3 low fat sausages
D - 3 Scrambled eggs & green tea

Will have a snack later...am sooo hungry! Probably have some greek yog and make a little protein pancake...throw together what I can find, protein powder, oatbran and a couple eggs..yuumm

1.5lb less today at ketones in the highest range...sooo pleased, hit the gym in the morning

*waves* have a lovely weekend all

TTFN xxx
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Ladies I am standing on my soap box. What is this cheating? It doesn't compute. Cheating is just so not the right term. Makes it sound like you are being sneaky & dishonest.

Ya'll are honest and up front when you eat off plan...and that is a good thing (the honest up front part). Using the term chesting brings up bad feelings that convert to insecurities and low self esteem which leads to more poor eating.

Why can't we just say "I ate off plan" No guilt there. We eat off plan a meal (or more) but go right back on without the guilt that says "I blew it might as well eat all I want today & staer over tomorrow." that is what puts the pounds on. If we eat off plan (lets face in most of us are past sneaking around to do that and just give in) we need to be kind and make wise choicesss the rest of the day. OK maybe I didn't make sense but "Big Brother" isn't watching us and this is not a game...no more cheating. If you get off course...correct the direction with the next bite of food... Still like me? (But maybe you never did and that is OK too)

Today I was faced with serious choices. I was literally "starving" I could have eaten ANYTHING THAT CROSSED MY PATH. It was the type of hunger that makes your tummy hurt and you break out in a sweat & want to pass out. My body was screaming "FEED ME!!!!"

This was a day where I was going back & forth between carpet dealer & hardware stores finalizing things for the house remodel (part of it) -contravtors are worth their weigt in gold- I ate a good breakfast but it was gone. Food court after fast food place yelled at me but I somehow forgot to stop til % was past the point of retuen. At which point I walked into WallyWorld and their hot deli was staring me in the face! Wow! FRIED EVERYTHING! OK so I gave in and finally made a purchase....they has some freshly cooked lightly seasoned greenbeans that were bright green & crunchy. I got a pint and proceeded to eat them while they were hot as I meandered through the store. Ran into my son who accused me of shoplifting the food . Wise choice! Kept me until I could get home to my cooked venison. Thanks for letting me share my panic moment. Do you ever have those? I am so glad this has become a way of life for me...if I didn't get the green beans I was headded fpr the carrots & apples. My how my life has changed in a year.

BLESSINGS!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #56

Iam- you are so funny!!! I can say man you are tough buying green beans, that is hard core honey badger determination right there!!! Too funny about your son seeing you! LOL That is the worst hunger that leads to bad stuff, I carry stuff everywhere, bars, hard boiled eggs anything to prevent me from going nutso!! LOL I do the eggs and put them in the plastic easter eggs, then they dont crack!!!!

Sounds like you are busy as ever!!!! You are going to have that house finished in no time!

Dancer- good luck on the road, get some things you can eat and take with you, I hate jello, jelly, any name it freaks me out all wobbly!!! Pudding is a different story!!! I love me some pudding!!! Wal Mart has one brand low on carbs and no fat, I love that stuff I ate my fair share of pudding!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Well done faithful! You're putting in so much work on that house that you shouldn't have to worry about exercise at atll. Last few days here have been really warm, so have walked and hour a day for 3 days. Dog and I are both feeling happy.

Nice to have you with us Kerri. I'm a 50 year plus yo yo dieter and was ready to give up all diets until I found Dukan. I think his conslidation and stablizations plans are the best around and they really give me hope to finally have the pounds gone once and for all. It's going to be hard, but I'm determined. Be sure to go on line and find out how long the doctor says to do Attack. Too many days seem to backfire on you when you start Cruise. 3 days is enough for most people.

Going to my Moms today. Funny, but stepping into her house sets off all the food alarms. LOL She loves to feed me. I'm going prepared, so hope it works. Plans for movie and maybe dinner out tonight.

As far as the sugar free pudding goes, I know if I made it, I'd eat the whole pkg in a day, so I just stay away, but if you can limit and it helps you stay on plan overall, it's sure not going to hurt much. I add things like black olive and little sprinkles of feta cheese all the time and also ate high protein pudding every day for the first couple months, all off plan, but big helps to me. I also eat low fat cheese sticks often because they are so easy to carry along. Like Faithful said, I never call any of these cheating. Just choices I have made that aren't really legal on Dukan, but they work for me.

We can all do this in our own way and at our own speed. Health is the long term goal and it looks like we're all moving in the right direction! Thanks to all of you for being here! Let's keep up the encouragment and cheering and make 2012 our best year ever.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Susan you need to pop over to the honey badger challenge! My Boss just gave me something to post there. Would copy it here but can't do that from my phone. We would really welcome you there! Pop over! & thank you! We don't cheat! We just reach for the right thing that works for us! Sometimes a good choice sometimes not so good! But we are learning & profit from not so good choices!

Yes, everyone has to find what works for them but remember moderation is key! Especially if you modify. Some of us have successfully added things not on plan with success. Please remember any eating plan should be set with a lifetime lifestyle change AND may I add GUILT FREE! If you are constantly fighting cravings and being miserable this won't work. But, if you can find a way to satisfy those cravings with very small quantities and wise choices you will find they will come round less and less and success will be yours.

I have said it before DIETS DON't WORK!!! THEY DON't! But a wise healthy moderate eating program for a lifetime will!!!

Welcome to our humble little group!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 01-07-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #59

I agree with what Iam just said to truly keep the weight off you have to reassess your realtionship with food and then find the plan that will let you maintain and allow for the extra things that life throws, I found this out these last 3 months eating so carefully all week then everything out the window on weekends but now I know what I have to do, I am doing the Amber Plan, I have to eat the rest of my life, I took all the info from Atkins, Dukan, Tom Venuto and wrapped them into what do I like to eat, what keeps me satisfied and fuels my workouts and what is easy for me? Those are the things i had to answer!

Dukan is a good plan, it works, its a healthy plan embrace it, try it make it your own what works for you!!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Amber I love the new pict! Kinda knew it was Christmas from your smokin hot red dress. Looks like one of those glam shots - was it? Like the one with the sunglasses & ajeans on the hike too next to that terrific guy of yours. You two have that same together look that my DD + New Son have together.

I think the Amber plan is a great one! Maybe there should be a thread for it.- oh yeah there is a challenge for that. You are doing such a wonderful thing with all the ladies. Don't know how you keep up with everyone, kids, hubby, and your exercise plan. The Wonder Woman getup fits nicely with your personality.

Susan, I made your lemon eggs yesterday but had lime juice and it was awesome! Going to do it again today but only used 1 tsp of Truvia...going to switch to sugar today as I am slowly eliminating Art (artificial sweetners) from my eating plan. They ALL are getting bad wraps on the net these days. Since I don't use much in the way of sweetners I figure my body knows what to do with a little sugar but not Art.

Posted picts of the finished kitchen on FB the other day. Trust everyone saw them. Looks like a completely different place and a step back in time to maybe the 50s. Maybe the whole upstairs will have that look when I am finished. I hope so it is so "the new me" ~ back to times when things were slower & simpler... Loved those years! Didn't realize when I was pulling it together it would take on that look ~ but why not the old cabinets are from 70s & wallpaper almost 20 years old!

Have a great day today Ducaniestas & make wise choices today. Remember their is never a "cheat" which brings on guilt just CHOICES from which we learn the best program for our body!

Blessings!