Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #271
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: judyk
Stats: 225.4/225.4/175
WOE: Healthy
One Day Down

First day - Success!! -1.8. Day 2 almost over, just one more day and then some veggies. I can't believe I am so excited to eat vegetables, but I am! A year ago my "set point" weight was 215, then over the summer because of bad choices, it crept up to 224. My first goal is to get back to 215, then down from there.

Thanks for the welcome.
judyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Judy, keep on going! Glad you are here!
Dance, I want you to feel better. Is it Chrons you have? Can you get virgin coconut oil? I have been reading where it helps with Chrons & even eating REAL coconut macaroons helps. Maybe you can get some good cconut & make some! Worth a try!

Amber or Susan can you start a new month for us? A past links fro newbies & us oldies? I would but can't from my phone. Thanks!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:00 AM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Welcome Judy! Here is a link to the new Feb. thread. Dukan Divas Fight Fat in February
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:52 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you!
Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hey, is there a new Thread for Feb?
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Don't worry, my spelling/typing skills are really bad and I never proff read. $25 for 5 pounds of chia seeds is very good and should last you a long long time. I was going to warn you that there are some people trying to sell chia seeds for $55 a pound and they are muliti level marketing scams like Mila and others that claim to be "special" chia seeds. According to what I've read, all chia seeds are grown organically so even paying extra for organic isn't neccessary. The kind I have have are a mixture of black and white seeds and I think most of the black ones you order will be like that.

I think I'll ask the doctor if I can go off lipitor for 6 months before getting retested. Will probably depend on what the blood draw looks like this time. I know my total will probably go up, but hope to keep the Healthy part high . I've read that total doesn't really mean anything and am more worried about it being too low.

SA
Read some interesting information about gluten today and how for some people it increases appetite and water retention. Think I'm going to try to stay gluten free as much as possible. Got a new cookbook called Low Carbing Among Friends with lots of recipes, some using the Splendid Gluten Free Bake Mix recipe that sound interesting.

My weight seems to be staying about the same this week so far with the added chia seeds and a little unsweetened chocolate added to the mix. Otherwise still doing 95% Dukan.
Stilldews: wanted to note: I just had my bloodwork done after being on DUKAN and the oat bran since May- I have only lost 27 ( glorious!) pounds... but, my cholesterol is down from 252 to 217, the triglycerides down to 121 from 354 and that is awesome news. My HDLs went up some, ( need to go more) and my LDL are still high but did come down at 144.
Keep up that oat bran, and with the Chia, there will be no stopping us! I am so glad I did not start on the cholesterol meds my Dr was twisting my arm to take.
Only thing now is he wants me on thyroid meds. Going into see him to discuss.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

go up to post 273- the link is there! !!!