Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/120.2/120-122
WOE: Hunger Directed Eating/HDE
Hi Joedi! Thanks for your reply.

Interesting that you mention the depression. That's actually the reason I came back to Juddd. Back in December I tried Juddd along with 16/8 doing it low carb. In four days I noticed that I was feeling almost high, so I decided to cut back on my antidepressant medication. I only stuck with the plan about two weeks, but I was able to wean myself off the medication. In April my doctor suggested stopping the medication completely and within a week or two, the depression started returning. I went back to my journal and remembered that I got the high when I was trying Juddd and 16/8, so I started it up again. In just a few days, I was feeling that high again.

I really think it's the fasting that produces the antidepressant effect. Google "ghrelin antidepressant effect". There is interesting science on this.

I feel best on DDs. Yesterday I felt very good, too, even though it was an UD, and I think it was because I only had cream in my coffee in the morning and a shake for lunch since I was saving up for an Italian dinner.

I'm maintaining very well and keeping the depression at bay, and I love it! Glad to hear you're continuing to find what works for you.
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/120.2/120-122
WOE: Hunger Directed Eating/HDE
Hey Joedi, actually try googling "hunger hormone antidepressant effect" it has a more comprehensive article.
CarolinaCoast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:02 AM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I've found that to be true too, Carolina. I think a lot of JBs can attest to the DD "magic".
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote