Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
"Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life." -Golda Meir
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 09:10 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Faithful, you are a true treasure and must make your maker very proud. Bless you for all the encouragement you give us all.

Susan
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you but Jesus is the One that gives encouragement & He is the Treasure... I just try to pass along what He has given me. I am honored to be here with such powerful ladies! Thank you for letting me join you!
Old 12-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

I was right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I am- that is a very personal journey, thank you for sharing, I am so going to do this!! Your post from yesterday is already printed x5 ready to hang in my car, in my office, everywhere to remind me I can do it!!!
WONDER WOMAN!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #95
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yep you came to me with good stuff when I needed to see it, I called to get the Chantix I never heard back if they called it in so I am going to check the pharmacy tomorrow and I want to start it helped me before to quit although it gave me those weird thoughts but I said hey maybe I changed that was a few years ago but I remember it took away the edge right away and I was ready to quit before the end of the 2 weeks. For now I started trying to go further and further in between my desire is great this time, I always went about it not really wanting to do it but knowing I should, I think the mind is the biggest battle with this!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

You are correct! In everything the first battlefield is in the mind! When you get your mental game on everything else falls into place.

The first deception in Eden came about by changing the Truth just enough to make Eve THINK she would not die. You see every battle begins in our head.

Every morning I have to convince myself to get up and get moving or the house will never get finished. I see how big the job is and my body is not so young any more... so about 3 hours later I get started and realize it WAS NOT AS DIFFICULT AS I THOUGHT!!! In fact the job for the day was pleasurable and I get a feeling of accomplishment when it is finished. I just have to convince myself to start! That is the hardest part of the day!

It is no different in anything we do... remember when you started going to the gym, or changing the way you ate? Difficult to start but once you got going you became unstoppable! You can do this! We can do it together!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:24 AM   #97

Exactly- you know my trainer pulled up my card swipes, less the 6 weeks I couldnt exercise from the arm surgery and the wedding vacation, I averaged 5 visits per week for the entire year! I have been with my trainer over 6 months, she said she never trained anyone for 6 months straight, I was proud of that, how I loathed the thought of joining last year and was so scared to go to that first night! Failure is not an option!

Happy New Years everyone, we are going to my cousins she is having a fancy dinner party for the kids, they are all dressing up, fancy food, and so excited to have their cousins sleep over! It will be fun, I doubt I will be awake at midnight, LOL I better drink a ton of coffee tonight, midnight is way past my bedtime! LOL

I will be home Sunday night and I will post the challenge link if any of you want to join for the accountability we have a good group, girls that want to keep losing, and Seth who has lost 170 pounds and is working on maintenance, so its a good group!

Happy New Year!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

I started trying to go further and further in between my desire is great this time
If you are around hubby or kids when you get the urge to reach...
Reach for one of them for a LONG HUG til the urge passes.
Huggs send off endorphines which act as pain killers and sedatives!
Try it for 48 hours~you may not need the Chantix

Wow! Just realized you, Amber, are 5" taller than I am... I feel like a shorty... as a teen I was 5' 6 3/4" ~ now 5' 5" doesnt seem fair!

When you post it, put the new thread up for January... I think you are up to the challenge to come up with an appropriate title.

On gramma duty since Thurs & will be going home tomorrow. Guess she & I will hopefully BOTH be sleeping when 2012 hits.

Have a Blessed New Year! MISSION POSSIBLE!!!

OH! & thanks for the "girls" I passed that gurly stage eons ago!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 12-31-2011 at 08:25 AM..
Old 01-01-2012, 04:53 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Happy New year all you Dukaners. Let's make it the year we all reach our goals!

susan
Old 01-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year to you, Susan, as well as everyone else.
Will look for the new thread from someone today.
Blessings!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #101

Happy New Year, here it is!!!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post15288248
Old 01-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Here's a new thread for those following the Dr Dukan plan. Dukan Divas Dive into a Jan 2012

Faithful, please give us some words of wisdom to get us off to a start for the new year.

Susan
Old 01-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
A very happy 2012 to all Dukanistas across the Pond! Wishing you bliss and bounce! Just thought I'd drop in to say hello!

Goodness, what interesting stories from everybody! Fantastic....

Much to my amazement, I'm lighter after Christmas than I was before.

It's seemed like it's all been happening! My FiL died on 23 November, in rather more horrible circumstances than you probably want to read. ( He fell and managaged to flood his cottage as he died...) The post mortem showed that he'd developed pancreatic cancer, which he'd never known about. Three weeks before my daughter had her gorgeous little baby boy Sebastian, so he was a Great Grandpa for a short time. So what with the new baby, and arranging and carrying through a funeral, there's been plenty for me to do. In addition my niece Linda, only 53, has suffered a massive stroke, and she's in a very good rehab unit in W London. A right sided hemiplegia - and she's righthanded. Linda is a slim sporty non-smoking non-drinking lovely lively person. How sad is this - I could just cry to think about it. But with characteristic determination, she's learning to walk with a special leg brace thingy, and is very smiley and sweet. The speech therapist is helping her to make a few sounds.

It makes me think how lucky I am to have good health. I often take it for granted.

For the first time in my life, I am thin. Actually thin! I weigh 8 stone - that's 112 lbs to you. Since I've done the Consolidation phase, I don't really feel that tempted to eat the foods that I used to scoff down - just don't really fancy them! So I'm Stabilised now! The Dukan prediction that you carry on wanting to apply the DD principles from then on in seem to apply. Protein Thursday, and always the daily oat bran! I had a slice of my Christmas pudding though - it turned out well! Delicious - but it didn't set me off on a tasting/nibbling recidivist career.

A couple of problems though - having given up my HRT 4 months ago, my boobs have just... vanished and I'm suffering from, er, um, dryness if you know what I mean. I'm going to ask my new GP for some topical oestrogen tomorrow!

Anyway - lots of love to all!!!!! XXXXX

Angela
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #104

Angela- you have a lot going on, congrats on being a smoking hot grandma!! 112 pounds that is my right leg, LOL I am sorry about your niece and FIL, but they all have you to get them through, courage and strength is needed! I am so glad you are finding your way and able to maintain, it is true we dont want all the crap that made us fat to begin with! Good luck to you!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Angela please join us on the Jan thread. Sounds like you have done fantastic on Dukan. Are you lower than your true weight?

Susan