Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
I don't think we have NO NOs!
JUST A BUNCH OF US PULLING EACH OTHER ALONG THE Dukie trail.
Although most of us have modifyed Dukie to conform to our personal bodies (funny how a size 14 differs from one manufacturer & body shape) as we are all uniquely made by our Creator & One Size Fits All does not work where changing our eating is concerned. Each of our bodies have different requirements - isn't it cool how Jesus made us like SNOWFLAKES - no two identical, even twins.

So we start, stop, struggle, grunt & grown BUT we are learning to relax, remove the stress that usually comes with trying tooose weight & get a healthier body and enjoy this journey to A HEALTHIER US!

I am sorry no one replied to your need- we probably just overlooked it. You are a very important part of our group & we need your help to pull this wagon along the Dukie trail!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
IMF thank you so much for your reply! I have lost 25 lbs since i started in May- i did many things that I was not supposed to, had peanut butter and string cheese...etc. and did not exercise. I have plateaued , and have gained 2 lbs back. So i am fretting! I want to lax a little over the holidays- but wondering, to get the jump start happening again, do you think I should start over with attack? ( a real attack, PP- I have also been bad about PP and alternating PV days.. I kind of had PV all the time....) so I fully realize I need to also buckle down on these tipping points as well when doing a jumpstart.. what do y'all think? PS I am making the lowfat version of the lo-carb atkins cheesecake ( I have also been subsisting on this) for dessert for Xmas- my whole family loves it!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:18 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
The cheesecake sounds good. Do you have the recipe for it? So far I haven't made a cheesecake and may have to do one over the holiday too. After the first of the year, I think it will be easier for all of us. Attack and PP are so much the same, I don't think it would matter if you restart with 3-5 days of either of them to get you motivated again.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Oh, I ate WAY too much sugary stuff today. Need to do a PP day tomorrow. Is anyone still using the oat bran? I'm out and want to get some more. But it'll probably have to wait until after the first of the year. Unless Big Lots has some of Bob's Red Mill oat bran, which they do sometimes. I really like the oat bran in my yogurt.

I was at 201 on Monday. Not too bad. I'll get back below 200 soon. Not going to worry about it right now. Enjoying the family time now!!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:31 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

I eat the oat bran almost every day. Usually in the Dukan chocolate mug cake recipe.

Amber, didn't mean to ignore your news about teaching the class at your gym. That is exciting and should be motivating for you. I love to read about diets and nutrition and found a very interesting sounding book tonight called Carb Nite Solution. It's written by a physicist John Kiefer and is suppose to support fat loss as opposed to wt loss. You can read the first 3 chapters of the book online at his site. I think it's interesting to see how the Dukan diet is some ways goes along with his ideas. For example he says that the body stops making the enzymes to convert carbs to fat when people are on an ultra low carb diet (below 30 gm carbs daily). He starts people out with 10 days of ultra low carb, very much like attack. Then he allows a 2 hour period of high carb eating. The idea is that since the enzymes are missing, the body can't convert the carbs to fat and the short burst of insulin enhances the metabolism for up to 4 days afterwards. He then alternates 7-10 days of ultra low carb with one day of carb night eating. I ordered the book and will have to read more about the plan. Does make me wonder how much of the weight I've lost is muscle and how much is fat. Have you tried the refeeding approach at all? I looked back over myfittness pal record for the last couple weeks and on PP days, carbs are around 9 gm and on PV days as high as 48, so overall average is below 30. Makes me wonder what this does to the enzyme levels and if carb loading one day a week might help?

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu

Last edited by stilldews; 12-22-2011 at 04:39 AM..
Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

OK you are waaaay over my head! Donno!
PM - do what will make you feel the most positive about a restart! If it is a few days of PP or just one protein food for a week-or nothing but yogurt for 24 hours or looking at a large plate of your favorite comfort food and saying "No! I have control over you!" it doesn't matter as long as we plug along guilt free in 2012! Blessings!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Stilldews- well that plan sounds intriguing, I am debating what I should do, I was eating less than 20 on Atkins when I was losing, then on the BFFM I was eating 120 grams of carbs but less than 20% fat, either works, I need carbs cause the workouts are getting kicked up even more after Jan, I need more running and more cardio!!!!

I was 202 on Wed, I will be 220 next Wed, I am eating but still working out and that helps, but I have been shoving in the cookies like crazy!

I did try carb cycling and carb reloading every 7th day but even that wasnt so good I was still woozy at the gym, I might try my own thing, sort of just healthy normal eating, and see if I do that and keep losing, my bod is getting pretty comfy here and really once I have the skin hacked i am ok with it, I feel good, I am never going to be skinny, I am OK with myself!!!! I really would like to be like 185 or so before surgery that would be awesome, but I am tired of the diets I want to get to back to a lifestyle of just good old healthy eating, I like elements of all the diets, like some things I just wont eat again chips and pizza being the biggest ones. I am going to stick to complex carbs, fruits, FF greek yogurt, skim milk, almonds and lean protein and veggies and see what that does! I am still big on all the protein like in my shakes cause I want to keep building muscle. And like you said there is a huge difference with losing muscle vs body fat! I see it with girls my size that are around the same weights and heights, I am wearing 12's, some are still in 16's having the muscle changes your bod that is for sure!!! I will check that site out, if you get the book and like it let me know!

Merry Christmas girls, we can do this!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-22-2011 at 06:28 PM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:21 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Amber, it sounds like Kiefers Carb Back loading book might be better for you with all the exercise you do. I found lots of interesting info in the Carb Nite Solution ebook I downloaded and plan to use some of it along with the Dukan plan. My problem right now is that I'm less than 10 pounds from what Dukan says is my true weight and yet I know there's at least 20 pounds or more of excess fat floating around on my thighs, abd and under arms, but don't want to lose any more muscle. I think once I hit TW, I will transition slowly into consolidation by doing 1 celebration meal a week (over a 6 hour period like the Carb Nite Solution suggests), then follow it with a Pure protein day and 5 Protein Veg days, keeping net carbs below 30. Probably also up my fat a little to include more coconut oil. This is basicly the Carb Nite Solution. I will hold off on adding the fruit, cheese and starch until I'm really happy with my weight. Hopefully this will help stop the muscle loss and up the fat loss. I can really tell that I'm losing muscle as well as fat on Dukan. There is some interesting information in the book about how eating low carb and depeting the carb burning enzymes, then eating the one carb nite confused your fat cells so much they selfdestruct. Am thinking maybe that is the same principle as Dukan's celebration meal. Interesting idea?

Last edited by stilldews; 12-23-2011 at 03:22 AM..
Old 12-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #69

Yes I will check that out!!

Purcy- sorry hun, I am so all over I didnt know how to respond to ya, I was so stalled I thought well all these things I am going to enjoy and I sort of liked it! LOL I just like all the girls so I still post, but I sure have not been following Dukie to a T, but I llike a lot of his thinking, for me high protein is a big one, I think us women especially get too little, and he made me see I could eat FF dairy and still lose, Greek yogurt and skim milk is a big thing for me, I love that!!!!

I will see what happens come Jan, there will be no more cheating, lots more exercise, if I can do more, LOL And then see what happens!!!!

One thing I learned about stalls, just keep going and your body eventually catches up, and the last 20 pounds are a ******!!!! But it can be done you just have to keep confusing your body!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Well over 200 pounds again

Just wanted wish all my buddies a very Merry Christmas
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:42 PM   #71

Iamfaithful I told you I would wear a red dress for you tonight, here it is my size 12 dress, and the mink coat!!! I found this in the local consignment shop, $60 like brand new in the bag and hanger from the local fur company, black mink, OMG I love it, I called TOny and said I want this coat, guess how much??? $65 and it was monogrammed, AMD so he cut out the D, now it is my initials!!!

Old 12-25-2011, 05:59 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Amber you are georgious! I can see why you are so happy where you are with your body! You are NOT the same person! Thank you for posting the picts! I could never put on such a lovely dress! Just too old but how I admire you younger ladies and how lovely each of you are. (My avitar looks just like me )

Ladies, one thing for sure- whatever it is or what we call it (most is a combo we have found that works for us) we have done & continue to plug away at what works for our body & mentality. Yes, Amber, when we are happy with ourselves we are most probably never going back to old eating ways. I won't say habits because the bad ways we were living/eating was just "what we knew" and not a "habit" we developed.

There is one other thing! We know we all have one thing in common-we all jumped on the Dukie Diet and successfully learned something about eating & our personal bodies. This is not an end but a beginning for the rest of our lives!

No matter what we call what we are doing we need to keep together to pull ourselves & others along! Our experiences are a wealth of knowledge that can be shared with others! If I was a betting person, I would bet NONE of us this time last year would have thought we could help encourage others to be healthier & guiltless in our effort to become a better person! Everyone of you have that ability and it is a wonderful gift that has been gleaned from our journey.

Today is Christmas morning! I am here in my totally mixed up house-not a room is in tact! There is paint, tools, construction things in almost every room including saw dust in the garage. Every room has something that belongs somewhere else like I am washing dishes in my bathroom. In all this mess & confusion there are a few comforting warming thoughts.

1. Jesus is here with me and I am NEVER alone!
2. He knows where everything in my house is & it is OK!
3. I have met some terrific ladies that are WINNERS in their own right. They are tough & tender, fighters & encouragers, bold & beautiful! They are YOU!

Have a Blessed Christmas & a safe holiday season!
If I don't see you here next week, someone will start a new thread with a wonderful title as we "Jump into January" with a new sense of knowing how far we have come!

Please keep posting I love reading every one of them!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 12-25-2011 at 06:10 AM..
Old 12-25-2011, 06:23 AM   #73

1. Jesus is here with me and I am NEVER alone!
2. He knows where everything in my house is & it is OK!
3. I have met some terrific ladies that are WINNERS in their own right. They are tough & tender, fighters & encouragers, bold & beautiful! They are YOU!

Have a Blessed Christmas & a safe holiday season!

I am- thank you, you enjoy the mess and confusion doesnt matter, it is just a new kind of fun!!!! I love Christmas, just made the boys eggs benedict!!!!!

Be safe and enjoy!!!!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Thanks you all for your support these last few months. It helps to know others are on the same path to health and how hard it is for everyone.

Amber, you are beautiful! Red is really your color.

Susan
Old 12-26-2011, 04:56 AM   #75

Ya know yesterday was carb bloat city, and honestly I felt like crap last night, and nothing I ate was worth feeling that way, so today is Christmas with Tony's family, I have to get through one more I will not be eating like I did yesterday. So my trainer cancelled on me this morning, she is sick, so I am going to go run/walk at least 3 miles and work some of those carbs from yesterday off!

Everyone on Christmas Eve was saying, oh you look so slim, blah blah and I still felt like a fat beast, so I made a little photo montage, this was at my heaviest like 350, then this was last year at New Years I was like 275, and now this Christmas, I was 202 on Wed. It helps to see how far I came, and how I dont want to mess it up and nothing I ate yesterday was that good! Ok maybe the pecan pie, LOL

I love how I had no neck, like really I had no neck, LOL
Old 12-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Researching what my restart will be-been sidetracked by some health issues, so besides being stalled before, have added another 7# to it. Darn.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:53 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

nitenurse, it's easy to add a few pounds back over the holidays.. I bet those 7 will all come off during Attack. I'm a night nurse too, so know that shift work can be hard on the old body. Hope your health is back to normal now. Getting some pounds off has sure made me knees and back feel better. Let me know if you need any recipe ideas.

Amber, you are a whole new woman. It's hard to even imagine how much better you must feel. Great job!
Old 12-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Thanks, Stilldews, yes, I could use some recipes-I really like protein and vegs more than anything, so that isn't a problem, boredom is-so could use some ideas on making things flavorful, etc. I do have to do this to have mercy on the legs and ankles, they are really whining.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:31 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

nitenurse, check out Dukanitout for lots of recipes. A few of the items she uses are not officially allowed, but won't hurt in small amts. I will also email you some of the ones I use when I get a chance.

My weight today was 162. Up 0.4 from last week. Guess it must have been caused from inhaling all those sweet smelling goodies last week, cause I sure didn't eat any, but I did bring home a jar of homemade salsa one of the nurses gave to the staff at work and I'm guessing it may have had some sugar added. Didn't think about it until yesterday and Ive been eating a TB a day of it. Funny how sugar can sneak in so innocently.

Just found the print out I got from Dr Dukan and he said I should hit 155.32 on 1/10/12. I may just be about there!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
nitenurse I just retired from the same job. If memory serves me you work in the ICU area? If you PM your email addy I can send you Dukan's online book if you don't have the book. If you follow Dukan and keep calories low I find it gives great results. When I did it for 2 months last summer I lost 30 pounds. Have kept some off but life keeps getting in my way

Here are some of the recipes from the thread Lenise started
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html

Susan you are doing so well. I am so happy for you You are smoking!! Look at you ready to hit the 150's What area of nursing are you in?

Amber thanks for sharing the pictures. You look amazing

I am struggling to get back on plan but determined to do it. Just made a pot of chili (Dukan friendly). I love the stuff and did eat too much but couldn't resist. It is Dottie's chili recipe that is tweaked to be Dukan friendly.

Lenise wish Santa could have brought you a new computer. I miss you! I am back over 200 from all the bad (GOOD) foods I had for a few weeks.

Good luck to all GIT ER DONE in 2112
Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #81

I am the love child of the Pillsbury dough boy and the Jet Puff marshmallow mama, LOL OMG 10 pounds of pure bloat and 5 more days of eating, LOL Oh well it all comes off! I am gearing up big time for 2012, I am starting a totally bad ass challenge thread so if you any of you want to participate I will post the link, it is going to involve food journal, exercise you name it, I gotta get strict and get this weight off and get to onderland, my surgery looks promising for March or April, so I gotta lose as much as possible til then, and quit smoking, it is going to be a rough month but I am so ready!!! Man broccoli never sounded so good!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

I am with you, Amber! Post the link! I am not a good daily poster but joined another challenge that starts 1/2/2012. It gives up all coffee & soft drinks (I don't do soft drinks) for 30 days & relpaces these drinks with 4-8 oz of Kombucha 3X a day. I am so used to my morning coffee I forgot how good Kombucha is first thing in the morning & what a great kik start to the day.

Susan! I guess I need do run along your wagon! I remember when I was lighter than you when you started "Dukin It Off" and now you are way under me! Great work!

Becky, hang in there girl! Don't pig out just because you handed in your badge for the holidays! Just eat sensibly & in Jan we will all do this together!

Nitenurse! Glad you are here! Welcome to our humble meetin place! You are in good company & you will do well.

Purrcy & Linsie- keep on goung! We are not in a race, just pulling one another along.

TMV1 where are you hang in there girl! Together we can regain our health. Afterall, is it losing weight & inches or being healthy. Hmmmmmm....

Healthier = a smaller us!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:24 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Becky, I'm a mental health nurse. Worked med surg and then OB for many years, Then needed a change and went to child psych. Last 8 years have been on an Affective Disorders unit, but I float a lot to other areas too. 161 today and I'm really determined to see the 150s by next Wed.

My favorite quick breakfast lately has been a couple eggs poached in the microwave, then topped with bacon, fat free cheese and salsa.

Just put 2 whole eggs in a bowl and add about a tsp of water. Cover lightly with a loose fitting lid or seranwrap and microwave one minute. Take out and add 2 or 3 slices of diced precooked bacon and one slice of fat free Bordens cheese. It's the only brand of FF cheese I've found that melts. Cook about 45 sec more and then top with one TB no sugar salsa.

Made a crock pot recipe a few days ago that was good too.

Place a lean beef roast in a crock pot. Top with some sliced raw carrots, canned mushrooms, a diced onion and any other Dukan friendly vegetables you want. Add a can of stewed tomatos and season to taste. I used Mrs Dashes extra spicey seasoning. Cook until beef is fall apart tender.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:32 AM   #84

Stilldews- wow you have a tough job, but it must be rewarding in many ways! I got 4 pounds of bloat off yesterday, thank goodness it will come back off, I am hanging in there!
I will post the link, OMG I cant give up my coffee yet, I have to deal with my quitting smoking, that is going to happen for real for the last time next month! This terrible habit that control me has to be broken, I have to quit if I want to get the TT and I really want this skin gone, I have been suffering with it and the rashes for months, the smoking is going to be a big problem for me!!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Amber if you can take off all the weigh you have, you can stop smoking. My brother gave up a 40+ year smoking habit using Chantrix. He says it's the only thing that really helped him stop. I used to smoke 3 pkg a day and just went cold turkey when I was ab out 25. Sure glad I did. You skin will heal better if you don't smoke. I had a spinal fusion a few years back and was able to use donor bone because I didn't smoke. Would have had to have another surgery to take out a piece of my hip bone if I had been a smoker.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #86

Oh I know, I tried Chantix before and had the suicidal thoughts really bad, like I would be driving and think I could run my car off this bridge and that is soooo not me, so I had to quit it, but it was the bes thing for helping me quit, I got the lowest Nicorette lozengers and the ecig with zero nicotine vapor I am going to try those, I must be done before surgery he does a test for nicotine in your system and wont do it if it is positive?? Is that for real or does he just say that??? It is the thing that disgusts me the most, everyone hates it, I hate it yet I am so controlled by it, and going to the gym and then lighting up in my car is ridiculous!!! I must stop it, it is happening!
Old 12-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

the smoking is going to be a big problem for me!!

I hate it yet I am so controlled by it,

Amber....

You have that statement all wrong!

"I am going to be a big problem for smoking & it does not have ANY influence upon me!" is the correct statement!

You are the one in control and always have been.

You dont have the mentality to let something the size of a small pencil (which we humans push around to to our bidding) control you! Think about it....

When was the last time you let someone push you around! When was the last time someone intimidated you into being convinced they were controlling your life and you didnt have a say so.

I dare say NEVER! A person is much bigger than a rolled piece of paper with tobacco in it!

Then why would you begin the new year with the thought that something as small and insignificant as a cigarette that you can crush under your feet has control over you?

Picture in your mind your foot on top of that scrawney little thing that is about as big as your finger. You have the ability to move mountains, twist hubby around your little finger, run like the wind, exercise your tushy off & burn calories like no body's business! You dont have to pick that small insignificant little piece of rubbish up unless it is to throw it to the ground and crush it under your foot ~ it CANT MAKE YOU! and you are not a weak spineless lady! You have guts and intestinal fortitude! You have the ability to do ANYTHING

If I am out of line... tell me dear!

THE BATTLE IS IN YOUR MIND!
You are the victor already! 150 lbs says so!!! A new body says so! That smokin' red dress says so! Are you going to say different?

Maybe I overstepped
I just know what you can do!

OK your turn... let me have it!

OH! & isnt that a Wonder Woman outfit you are wearing???? (Significance??)

BTW ~ I own that T~shirt & I dont eat jelly beans or popcorn any more either (even in weak moments because I am the one in control not the jelly beans, popcorn or the pieces of paper & shredded tobacco).

Last edited by iamfaithful; 12-29-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #88

IAM- you are so right man I need to print this whole thing you wrote out! It is funny I met a lovely lady from this board tonight, she is from NH and was in PA picking up some dogs, we met her and her huuby for dinner, they were big time smokers, they quit together in 07 with Chantix, and she said Amber it is all a battle of wills, and on the drive home of course I lit up, and Tony is like you are so strong in so many areas, I know if you put your mind to it you can do it, I have no doubt! It was funny cause we passed a restaurant where we had our second date, the date of tears, when I met Tony he was like well I really hate smoking, blah blah, and I really liked him, we had talked for 6 weeks til I met him, had this wonderful first day so I spent the whole day and drive there not smoking and was so pissed off and in such a foul mood, I was bawling all through dinner, and he was like WTH??? He was like I never had a date where the person was crying and I had no idea why We still laugh about that date!
But the point is, Tony loved me anyway he didnt care that I was over 300 pounds, and smoked, he loved me for me, and I know deep in my heart I was able to lose this weight becuase I knew he loved me for me, he never said a word about my smoking or my weight, just that he always wants me to be with him, so I want to do this, and you are right am I going to let a litttle itty bitty cancer stick control me? Hell NO!!!!!!

Thank you friend, I needed this and I am posting it in my journal!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

My sis met a guy like your Tony and they are so happy!! He treats her like a princess!! He loves her not how she looks or what she does/doesnt. You deserve someone special and if you dont do this for yourself I know you will do it for him.

It is just a tiny piece of paper and some shredded leaves. You have more power within you than those two tiny little things! And you burn them up! What part of that makes sense? None...

I was a smoker... October 17, 1971 my life changed... I met Jesus... He made a request... He said, "I am healing your body, corrupt it no more." I had a lit cigarette in my hand,(yes he audibly spoke to me while I was smoking and driving a car) I took a draw off it and got sick to my stomach & threw it out the window. By the time I got home I realized the bleeding ulcers I was going to see the doctor about that afternoon to schedule surgery were gone! I went up the stairs to my house punching my stomach trying to make it hurt. It didnt! So I made a big salad with EVERYTHING in it including Italian dressing and 8 torridido chili peppers... I waited for the pain and to this day it never came.

I knew then that Jesus was a Real Person and He feels like it is a corruption to my body to continue to smoke cigarettes & when I thought of His Unconditional Love for me ~ Loving me enough to Talk to me in a car and Heal my body when I was taught from my youth & believed that He was just a "con artist & people still belived His con" ~ then I would never pick up another one of those paper-wrapped tobacco shreads for the rest of my life. I found Someone that Loved me Unconditionally & His Love was worth anything I needed to do.If I ever got the urge... I remembered His Love...

I never had someone that Loved me! Not as a child nor as an adult... Knowing what it felt to have Someone to Love me for me and not because I could contribute something to Him....how could I ever hurt Him by doing something I knew bothered Him? It was LOVE that made the difference!!! Because He Loved me I could love me!

OOPS! This is a Dukie thread... but this principle applies to every aspect of who we are... that is why I tell people to be kind to themselves, love themselves and when they do they will be able to accomplish anything they need to do.

Amber, Everyone...Ya'll have come so far... You can do anything! Never fear failure because you can never fail because of LOVE!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 12-29-2011 at 08:25 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #90

I am- that is a very personal journey, thank you for sharing, I am so going to do this!! Your post from yesterday is already printed x5 ready to hang in my car, in my office, everywhere to remind me I can do it!!!