Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. I miss my sweet cat Samson. I have 3 other cats and a tiny Japanese Chin, so still lots of companions here. Have done well resisiting the goodies at work so far. One of the groups of doctor's that usually gives us homemade cookies gave us Jimmy John's sandwiches this year, so I was able to eat some of the lunch meat and cheese and tossed the bread. Todays weight was 166, so it's paying off.

I learned how to poach eggs in the microwave. Just crack an egg into a small bowl, add 1 tsp water, cover lightly with a lid and cook 1 minute. Check and cook a few more seconds if it doesn't look done. This morning I made one and then topped it off with some diced lean ham and topped it with a slice of Bordon's fat free sliced cheese. Cooked it just long enough to melt the cheese and top it with a little mustard. Good!

Back away from those goodies!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Back away from those goodies!!
What? You can see me? I'm proud of you. I fear I shall misbehave until after the holidays
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

I am at a very dangerous place with my weight right now, so can't even think much of cheating. The last 3 serious diet attempts I was fairly successful on all ended at about 160. It seems to be the weight were I feel normal enough that I feel I can allow myself to cheat now and then. Now and then cheating usually ends up in a 50 pound gain over the next 3 or 4 years, so this time I'm going to really try to get to where I really feel good about myself. I'd say the last time I felt that way was when I was about 35 and hit a low of 133 on the Diet Center plan. Dr Dukan says my true weight is 154, so that's my first goal, but I really think I'd feel better at 144 or lower. That's the top of my healthy weight range according to the BMI scale, so I definitly won't be too thin. I have a feeling every pound between here and 144 is going to be a battle, so you'll all just have to put up with me moaning a lot.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well was 203 on Fri then Tony's party at the fancy culinary school, they brought 11 desserts we passed around the table and took a bite of, LOL Up 4 pounds overnight, yesterday I was so busy I didn't even have time to eat, so 2 are back off, ughhg I do this to myself, but come Jan it is hardcore stick to it ness, LOL But I am maintaining, and I bought a beautiful red dress I am wearing to church and family on Christmas Eve, what size??? Size 12 I cannot even tell you how that floors me I took in a 16 thinking I cant possible wear a 12, but I could!!!

Keep plugging girls the holidays are a bugger but we can do it!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 12:16 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Amber you have NOT been going up and that IS a good thing!

Sitlldews I am so impressed with your progress! I don't know what DD says my true weight should be because my phone won't get there. But your true weight is where you feel comfortable and happy with yourself!

I stepped on the scale @ 168.4 so I am NOT gaining either. Ladies we are in a good place.. We just need to make it through the holidays sensibly without what I consider a TRUE gain ( something that stays for 2 weeks). With spring Amber the scale will be kind to you! SD you will have the reward of your diligence.

Remember fermented foods are your friend. When your gut is happy everything else works well. Amber do you keifir or kombucha. May be just what you need to force the scale into submission. Cjeck out the links in my signature & if you want I will send you cultures!

Ladies, Blessings! A everyone that reads this postas KEEP ON GOING YOU ARE A MIRACLE WAITING TO BURST FORTH!!!!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM   #36

Amber do you keifir or kombucha?

No I dont it looks a little odd, LOL BUt heck you know me I would eat dog turd to get this weight off, although honestly I have not been real strict on the weekends and that is what is killing me, I go down and then back up from the weekend shenanigans, and I am OK with it, the fact I am wearing size 12 jeans, and working out is OK, could I be skinny, sure, but I do like to enjoy the social stuff, so I am content, and that is why I am not losing, LOL But after the holidays I am getting strict, even more exercise if that is possible and strict, no weekend eating! I had many many months of strict deprivation and now I like that i can eat and maintain as long as I exercise that is the main thing!

I found out Tony might be leaving me for 3 weeks to go to CA to manage a new job they got so if he is gone it will be really easy! SO Now I almost want that even though I will be missing him!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-12-2011 at 03:36 PM..
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Handing in my Dukie badge until after the holidays. I kept trying and not making it so not going to stress over it
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #38

Becky it is tough, but I know you will be back, you got a love affair with Dukie he would be so proud of you!!! LOL And dont you have Vegas in Jan???
Old 12-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Amber you described my weight loss philosophy...
If we can't enjoy life it isn't worth living & if we have to stres about what not to eat it won't work.

Lets all make a pact! Lets maintain our weight to within 3-4 lb and enjoy family & friends and the Blessings that come with the holidays. Eat smart when we can & wisely choose portions when the goodies come our way! January will be a chance to jump into the Dukie wagan & we can all help one another pull it along to another plateau.

But come here and post all of our fun! So I can enjoy the holiday with ya'll!

Looking forward to reading your adventures! Ladies enjoy your new sizes & Amber put on that red dress and work it - love ny 12s but don't get a chance to go anywhere to wear them...still in the baggy 14 - I only go to the doggie day care daily to clean up their "XXX" so no point in looking nice. So get dressed fancy and enjoy a party for me & let me know how much I enjoied it.

My house is torn apart & I have been on my knees skimming a floor so we can lay flooring tomorrow. I am tired of living in a messy house but I keep telling myself "Like gas-this too shall pass!" It will be worth it... Last renovation I did was 6 years ago & flooring 10 yrs back. I am not 55 anymore- well my body anyway my brain still says 33 !!!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 12-13-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Old 12-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #40

Ok deal, I was still trying to see 199 pre Christmas but I am eating on Christmas with the family, 3 days no cares, then I will cry come New Years, LOL

I will shake it for ya sista!!!! I will be rocking that red dress, I better take a wrap for church though, LOL Cant have the boobies out in church, LOL

I will post a pic here for ya!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:55 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Faithful, thanks for all the positive encouragement and wise advise you share with us all. You are truely an inspiring and strong woman! Love your spirit.

Amber, you deserve some time to enjoy the rewards of all your hard work over the last year. That red dress is a perfect symbol of all you've achieved in such a short time. Enjoy every minute of your holidays.

Becky and all the rest of you Dukanistas, let's keep up the good fight over the next year and prove that not only is it possible to take the pounds off with Dukan, but also to keep them off.

My weight today is 164.2. Almost 35 pounds off in 16 weeks of Dukan and 53 for the year so far.

Susan
Old 12-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Susan ! I am so proud of you! I think when you jumped on the 4ukie wagon I was a wonferful thing for you! I remember when you started! And you have come so far so fast!

I can't imagine 164 but I am not that far from it. Just happy being me right now - living stress free & remodeling the house for the family to move home. When the house is finished maybe I will wok on me again! I am just so thrilled to have some 12s and a 10 in my closet that if I wanted to I could put on.

Ladies we have come so far this year & had so many changes in our lives. Look back over 2011 and know beyond a shadow of a doube we are different ladies than we were Jan 1st.

Each of you have touched my life and made me a better person. Thank you for being "there" for me!

Have wonderful holidays with family & friends! We will continue our journey together into 2012 with Great Expectations - guilt free because we can get healthy & enjoy life at the same time! Blessings!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #43

Ladies we have come so far this year & had so many changes in our lives. Look back over 2011 and know beyond a shadow of a doube we are different ladies than we were Jan 1st.

Each of you have touched my life and made me a better person. Thank you for being "there" for me!

Have wonderful holidays with family & friends! We will continue our journey together into 2012 with Great Expectations - guilt free because we can get healthy & enjoy life at the same time! Blessings!

man last Jan 1, I weighed 270 and was terrified of going to the gym for the first time, LOL What a difference a year makes huh?

2012 is going to be our year, I got offered a job teaching a weight loss program at the gym I am totally excited about it!!!! I think it will help me reach my goals too!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Just wanted to say a quick hello!! Sorry I haven't been on. I've worked 90 hours in the past two weeks. and my dd's comptuer broke so she has confiscated mine. I don't get it very much. lol

Haven't been on any food plan. I've been fluctuating between 199 and 201. So at least I've maintained.

Hope you all are doing well!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #45

Have a good holiday Lenise, I am sure the extra money is coming in handy from all that working!!!! Be safe, we miss ya!
Old 12-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TMV1
Stats: 141.6
WOE: Atkins/Dukan
Start Date: 1/16/12
yay!!!!3rd day back on track...hosting a party on Jan 7th....would love to stay on track til then and enjoy the great food that day
TMV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

So proud of each of you!
MAINTAINING IS TERRIFIC!!!!!
I remember when maintenance was unheard of - now several of have hit a "maintenance point" where we aare content for a while. I think it is healthy to stabalize for several months before aiming for another plateau. It helps our mental game to know this is FOR REAL! We have the ability to keep off what we gained & won't be on a yoyo string any longer.

Eat wisley & eat everything just be aware of portions! Haave fun !!!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

iamfaithful-if you dont mind me asking how do you modify dukan or do you follow it to a T
Old 12-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #49

Off to NYC I cant wait, I told mom no Little Italy!!!! No bread and pasta for goodness sake!!
At least plenty of walking and as Dukie says freezing is good and burns calories!!!

Have a good weekend girls!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun, Amber!

TMV1 I don't mind telling you what I did.
When I started Dukan I followed to a T the 1st 4 days - then I went to PP / PV days. I ste lots of eggs as many as I wanted up to 6/day. I added onion & salsa with a touch of cheese. I ate all the dairy I wanted as long as it was 2% or less. I did the oat brand and made the gallette (pancake) but I ate more than required as the gallette became like my piece of bread. It didn't take long for constipation to be a problem so I added lots of vegies and also added coconut oil. I didn't rotate days just ate what I wanted as I felt my body was "wanting" as long as I stayed away from what I considered "hard carbs" (bread, potatoes, pastas ec), I also added Kombucha & Kefir every day. After 2 weeks I started losing (nothing the 1st 2 weeks) then by 6 weeks I had lost 18 lbs and the last week was losing 1lb a day. I wasn't feeling well and realized that was too fast for my age. If you listen to your body it will talk to you.

I didn't stop dukan but I didn't go through the phases. I just started adding some whole grains every day (2 pieces). I stabalized so I would NOT LOOSE but NOT GAIN.

Now I still eat lots of protein, find I must remember to eat vegies... My body craves protein and does well on it. I have little desire for sweets and when I get a craving for something I give in & go with it but sensibly. If I don't give in I will eat all the wrong things.

Your body will talk to you & let you know what works & what doesn't. I was way overweight for years & found DIETS DON'T WORK! But changing the way you eat for a life time will work. If I had to strictly follow Dukan I would have failed when the constipation set in. Ladies here follow it and it worksfor them. Everyone in my humble opinion has to find what works for you. DUKIE IS TERRIFIC AS IT DOES ALLOW FLEXIBILITY AND A LONG RANGE PLAN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

I have not gained since I started Dukan.It has become a way of life for me although I don't follow the rotation days etc. I don't advocate doing what I did but I had to for my health. When I have my house put back together and can concentrte on ME I will go back to the PP attack phase and then to phase 2 again to loose amybe another E@ lbs then stabalize again. I fel if I an leep a few pounds off for 6 months I will never be 239 sgain.

I don't know if this makes sense I can't proof read from my phone. Hope this helps. I think if we are miserable trying to get healthy we are going about it all wrong. Life is to be enjoied - so if we are miserable because we can't enjoy dinner with family or friends because we CAN't EAT wha they are enjoying we should go ahead and enjoy the evening guilt free but just wisely portion control. Too often people say well I blew it tonigt so I might as well just eat all I want & that isn't a good mindset. If we say I will enjoy the evening but eat wisely and not overest I can reverse any adverse food by eating better the next meal. GUILT ONLY CAUSES OVEREATING!

Have a successful day and wonderful holiday gatherings with family & friends. Blessings!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 12-17-2011 at 04:18 PM..
Old 12-17-2011, 04:37 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Amen!! Good post faithful!!! We each have to adapt to what is best for us. I know I have been losing really slowly, but I'm amazed that it doesn't really concern me too much. I'm learning what I can eat and still stay within a few pounds of where I was at. And I do go stricter at times and at other times I just enjoy whatever foods I want with my family.

We can do this!!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much for the detailed post. I am taking it day by day......so far so good
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #53

Yes I agree, like I am OK where I am but I do want to lose more, and frankly eating here or there is fun and worth it now knowing that is not going to turn into weeks of not caring!

I ate a cannoli in Little Italy and enjoyed it!! But I got a little one instead of the big one, I ate bread dipped in the best olive oil but didnt get pasta, so did I eat yes, but I walked my butt off and enjoyed a fun weekend in the city!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:30 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

I have adjusted Dukan a little too. I did the Attack by the book, but since then have do it my way. I was using some Protein Pudding or Protein shakes for one meal a day the first few weeks, but not much recently. I do use fat free dairy except for occasional low fat cream cheese. I eat probably 3 of the 32 oz containers of the plain fat free Greek yogurt each week and always add some sugarfree Wyler's drink mix to it for flavor and also use maybe 2 of the small pkgs a day of Crystal Lite mix in my water. It's the only way I seem to get enough water in. I don't worry about adding a few black olives to my salad or even a TB of sunflower seeds now and then. Dr Dukan has approved 2 tsp a day of olive oil now and also 1 Tb of wheat bran along with the oat bran if you need it. Unsweetened cocoa in 1 tsp a day amt. are also tolerated. I often use a TB because the kind I use only has 15 Cal a Tb and I can't believe that's going to slow me down much. Low fat cheese sticks are another item I use 2 or 3 times a week. The kind I eat only have 50 calories a stick and I like to stick a couple of them in my purse for an on the go snack. I think as long as you stick with low carb, low sugar items and are reasonable with the fat, you will lose well. Like others on here, I have more PV days than PP days and am content to lose a little slower because of it. I was suppose to reach my TW Dec 31 and am currently 9 pounds above than, but am happy with the 10 pounds a month that I've been averaging even with all the modifications. I agree wholeheartedly with faithful that you have to find what works for you and just stick with it.

Susan

Last edited by stilldews; 12-20-2011 at 03:32 AM..
Old 12-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Ladies, you brought tears to my eyes this morning as I was reading. We all found something wonderful & powerful that has changes us forever. We are finding what is working for us & using Dukie as a startng point. We have found a way to LIVE LIFE and become healthier. Everyone please eat guilt free! But at the same time take a tip from Amber & her canoli - use wise portions! Have fun and post your adventures so I can enjoy them with you! Blessings!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Amen!! Good post faithful!!! We each have to adapt to what is best for us. I know I have been losing really slowly, but I'm amazed that it doesn't really concern me too much. I'm learning what I can eat and still stay within a few pounds of where I was at. And I do go stricter at times and at other times I just enjoy whatever foods I want with my family.

We can do this!!!

Slow & steady got the turtle the prize! We are not in a race with anyone, nor is there a time clock with an alarm that is going off...DIETS DO BOTH OF THOSE! Time is our friend not our enemy! When we set deadlines and not goals we become discouraged and guilt comes knocking because we have set ourselves for failure rather than success!

Did anyone tell us we had XXX amount of time to loose XXX amount of pounds or we would die the next day? I hope not! However, we have told ourselves we are sick & tires of not being healthy and want to make positive steps & changes to get there!

There are no failures! No way to not make it as long as we are sincere & kind to the person that matters most in all of this - OURSELF!

So have fun, be sensible about all the goodies that come our way - and enjoy family & friends! Blessings!!!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 12-20-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Old 12-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMV1 View Post
Thanks so much for the detailed post. I am taking it day by day......so far so good

PROUD OF YOU!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #58
Junior LCF Member

I just had some shredded beef from chipotle, so satisfying maybe because I had 2 servings......2 total carbs and less than 2 grams of sugar.....but 1010 grams of sodium for both servings....wow!!! I will be drinking a lot of water the rest of the day .
Also I absolutely love kombucha.......I haven't tried making my own as of yet so I'm still buying it from whole foods.....sipping on multi green now

Any thoughts on if chia seeds would hinder my progress
Old 12-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hey there, this sounds good. I have posted a number of times about plateau/ restarting, etc with no response, so I thought that was a no- no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Amber you described my weight loss philosophy...
If we can't enjoy life it isn't worth living & if we have to stres about what not to eat it won't work.

Lets all make a pact! Lets maintain our weight to within 3-4 lb and enjoy family & friends and the Blessings that come with the holidays. Eat smart when we can & wisely choose portions when the goodies come our way! January will be a chance to jump into the Dukie wagan & we can all help one another pull it along to another plateau.

But come here and post all of our fun! So I can enjoy the holiday with ya'll!

Looking forward to reading your adventures! Ladies enjoy your new sizes & Amber put on that red dress and work it - love ny 12s but don't get a chance to go anywhere to wear them...still in the baggy 14 - I only go to the doggie day care daily to clean up their "XXX" so no point in looking nice. So get dressed fancy and enjoy a party for me & let me know how much I enjoied it.

My house is torn apart & I have been on my knees skimming a floor so we can lay flooring tomorrow. I am tired of living in a messy house but I keep telling myself "Like gas-this too shall pass!" It will be worth it... Last renovation I did was 6 years ago & flooring 10 yrs back. I am not 55 anymore- well my body anyway my brain still says 33 !!!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:31 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Handing in my Dukie badge until after the holidays. I kept trying and not making it so not going to stress over it
LOL! that is a cute way to put it. See you after Xmas hun!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote