Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
I am impressed by ya'll! Keep it up!
Me??? Still maintaining...
Maybe I am content where I am right now...
Feels pretty good for a young lady in an aging body!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
You guys are all doing so well!!! I keep on fluctuating, but yet going down VERY slowly. If I'd not overeat on my days off I would do so much better. Still at 202.8 today, though I was at 205 yesterday. Another week to get three pounds off!! I know I can do it if I really knuckle down.

Need some encouragement here! and hearing how well you all are doing is fantastic!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #63
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Lenise you can do this!! Try to eat as clean as you can the rest of the week. I heard Dr. Oz say today that the number one important thing for weight loss is good sleep. Working nights is the pits and does hinder weight loss. Hang in there girlfriend you CAN do this
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Dr OZ rocks!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Was up almost a pound yesterday but today down to 191. Those pesky fickle scales keep us on our toes.

Going to spend the afternoon and evening with my sisters. They will order pizza ..... I have my tuna and salad packed to go! No cheats for me. I am on a mission
Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Still clinging and not weighing until next Wed I can hardly not weigh but I cant see a different number, LOL So I am trying to eat clean and maybe the weight will move, have some parties this weekend too, so gotta keep it under control!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

I'm back up to 205.4 today. I'm beginning to wonder if my scale is breaking down. Up and down lately. Couldn't be my bad eating! haha!

Dinner tonight was scrambled eggs w/steak, ff cream cheese and salsa on top. Yumm!!! Now I need to figure out something to take for lunch tonight. I have NO idea right at the moment.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Sounds like you're eating well Lenise. The scale is up a little for me too today. I made some turkey vegetable soup last week and am eating that at work today along with a side salad. I've probably been eating too much dairy. Had Greek yogurt for breakfast and brought String cheese for snack tonight.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:02 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

It is OK ladies! That plateau is a toughie! But you will make it-just don't stress...remember that keeps pounds from leaving & minor 1-3 fluctuations is more water & "other" weight that fluctuates hour by hour. Month ot month is the real picture!

Decatent December of Deciding Dos & Donts is just around the corner. By now our pallets hopefully have changed enough to not dive into all the Donts but just nibble the edges to satisfy the momentary urge.

Eat well!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #70

Party eating= not good I am going to become a hermit!!!! Good grief I gotta get it in line, but I wore my size large VS top, so that made me feel good, and one of TOny's friends said when did I get hot???

So back to lf, and high protein, Dukie style!! And I am running 3 times a week again, I got out there yesterday I still have my cold but I did it!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:16 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Teetering here at 190 but think this may be the week I make into the 180's. Not sure how long it will last be feels so good.

SW I love to make u soups and chillis this time of year to have in the freezer to grab. Last night I had the yummiest chili.

Carry on girls. We can get 'er done
Old 11-21-2011, 03:10 AM   #72

205 this morning, I was as high as 211 this week following my biscuit and pizza blowout, I have all my Dukie food ready though for today everything in ****** and new workouts with the trainer! I am going to do this somehow,
Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

6 pounds is great Amber!! Just stay in the zone!

I touched into a new decade today.... 189.5

Not sure how long it will last but I will just take one day at a time and hope for the best.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TMV1
Stats: 141.6
WOE: Atkins/Dukan
Start Date: 1/16/12
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, I started the Dukan diet 7 days ago but had a bad slip up last night, Im not sure If I should start over or just continue in the weight loss phase.

Any suggestions are appreciated
TMV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #75

I would say just go back to what you were doing it will come off!!

Becky- super duper!!!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

TMV1

You will do just great.
This program changed the way I eat forever.
I lost rapidly the 1st 6 weeks & because ofmy age had to stabalize. Have not gained back ANY of my loss and it has been 5 months! You can do this!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Becky, I am enjoying the moment with you!

Amber, you are already in onederland- the scale just hasn't caught up with you!

Hang in there ladies & take a day off on Thursday - just don't over do it!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:17 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Becky!! Hitting a new decade is so exciting.

Amber you are going to get there. Just hang in there and keep getting back on track. You've had such a big year you deserve a few treats.

TMVI, welcome. You will love Dukan. If you have gone through the Attack phase, don't go back to it. It is a one time thing. Have you done the calculations online at Dukan's site and figured out how low your attack should be and what your True weight is? Staying on attack too long can backfire and make your weight loss in Cruise slower than it has to be. Just get back on the pattern you have decided on. Most people alternate one day of pure protein and 1 day of protein vegetable. You can do any pattern as long as it evens out over the month. So 2/2 or 3/3 or 5/5 are all OK. You might want to start back on with 2 or 3 days of PP and then go to 2-3 days of PV. PP is very much like attack except you get more oat bran. The USA Dukan facebook site is very helpful if you have questions.

Almost forgot, I'm celebrating a new decade today too. 168.6 this morning!!!

Last edited by stilldews; 11-22-2011 at 05:18 AM..
Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 AM   #79
Big Yapper!!!!

YAY Susan!!!!! WTG!!!! Your name IS Susan, right? I thought I saw that once and it is easier to write if you don't mind me using it.

My weight is up a bit and just barely in the 180's. I had a clean day yesterday so nothing to do with food. I just hope it doesn't go up but if it does it WILL come back down!

Not going to go off plan for Thanksgiving but Christmas gathering I will so need to get some good loss under my belt.

Thinking of you Phaedra and hope all is well
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I'm Susan. I think it's going to be normal for us to continue to bounce around a little. My scale registers and records the last weight, so I just jump off the scale before it registers if I don't like the weight it show that day. I know that's cheating but it keep my moral up. I do keep whatever it says on Wed mornings and call that my offical weight for the week. Going to be really good today and try to eat mostly chicken and eggs. Did have a cup of Greek yogurt for breakfast, but that will be it for dairy today. I work the holiday, so that won't be a problem.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #81

Iamfaithful- you always know the best things to say!!!

Becky- it will back down, water weight is a bugger, a little change cna hold a lot of water!!!!

I want my all my girlies here to have a Happy Thanksgiving, lets be thankful that the weight we worked off is gone, every pound counts!!!! My Mom has a 30 pound bird imagine 5 of them, that was me, LOL

Just saw the local food shelter is short 400 turkeys, so going to run up and donate to them, I usually like to volunteer at the mission but Bobby is away so I am not going, I thought being with my Gram was more important this year, but I like to help those less fortunate, it is so sad when I look at all the gluttony of the day, and think that there are kids who are going to be starving! It breaks my heart!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

sw I like your way of thinking!! One way to master the scales! I too was thinking of only chicken, tuna and eggs today but it is always easier to say early in the day I love eating late at night and miss snacking at the computer.

Amber that is so sweet of you!!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #83
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. I have decided to just continue as planned.I found out about the online calculator one day to late.......I was on day 3 of Dukan when I learned about it. It says I should do Attack phase for just 2 days if I want to lose 10 pounds or less.....My goal is 10 pounds. Today is day 9 for me....I haven't decided what I'm going to do about Thanksgiving as of yet....I will try to stick to PV
Old 11-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

The only thing I seem to be struggling with is eating enough calories on PP days, I just have no appetite, I always eat under 1000 calories these days and I know this is not good. I don't want to mess up my metabolism...any advice is more than welcomed
Old 11-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Hey all!! I do good one day and then bad the next. Need to get focused and do this. I bought a new scale tonight cause my old one was giving me give different readings in a row!!! 205.2 right now. Yikes!!! Want to be in the 190's soon!!!!

I really do need to get my book back out and go over it. It worked great for me the first time. And I still love all the good ideas in it on after losing the weight. If I could just stick to the weight loss phase I can do it.

Happy thanksgiving!!! I'm working the next two nights -- 10 hours and then 12 hours on black friday (thursday night)! Going to be one tired puppy on Friday night!! And TOM is due any time.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Don't envy you having to work Black Friday Lenise. Don't let the stress turn you to eating too many carbs. Stick with lots of turkey and other protein. I work the holiday too so don't have to worry too much about the holiday meal. Have been being really strict the last couple days with lots of chicken breast, eggs, sugar free jello and just a very limited amount of Greek yogurt. It's working and I'm down 3.6 pounds for the week. Weight today 167.4 Down 31 pounds now in 3 months of Dukan.

TMV1, I wouldn't worry too much about the calories. I think most of us noticed our appetites went way down for awhile. Once you start eating more vegetables your calories will go up and also your appetite will vary more from day to day. Do you eat Greek yogurt? The plain is wonderful if you add an individual pkg of sugarfree Wyler's drink mix, or Cyrstal lite to it. Know Dr D says no to Cystal lite but I can't see any difference in using that than in using sugar free jello which he says is OK. I just keep it to one or 2 of the individual pkgs a day. The Greek yogurt will get your calories up and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time. You can also flavor it with the sugar free syrups or vanilla extract and sweetener. On PP days, I find that find that adding a dessert of 1/2 sugar free jello mixed with 1/2 Greek yogurt makes a meal of chicken breast or other plan protein seem more like a real meal. Snacking on cottage cheese is another way to get in a few more calories, but like I said, I think over time your appetite will let you know what you need and you will eat enough on some days to offset the low calorie days.

Hope all of you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Last edited by stilldews; 11-23-2011 at 06:49 AM..
Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

That is awesome Susan!! You are doing great. KUTGW!!

The fickle scale of mine (I am sure we all have fickle scales) says I am 188.6 so I am a happy camper today! Makes it easy to stay on plan tomorrow. I am not eating at any TG feast so that will be easier. My dd and I are going to a movie. She wants to make carmel corn together and sneak it into the movies but I won't be having it! Got to stay focused.

TMV1 my calories are always well below 1,000 cals and I don't worry about it.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #88

Lenise I was 204.8 girl this has got to be our CHristmas goal to break that 200 barrier that has been eluding us!! Man my trainer kicked up the workouts I am running, I blew up a bit, but BFFM is really what will work it might be slow but I feel good and my muscles recover faster than not eating carbs, the low fat is yuck, but its one or the other and I still maintain that the E is good, LOL

Wanted to wish all my Dukie girls a Happy Thanksgiving I am off to Mom's, there is plenty of wine packed, LOL
Old 11-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Good going Becky!

Amber what is BFFM?

Spent most of the day going through clothes deciding what needs to be given away and what fits now and what will fit in 10-15 more pounds down. My big excitment was getting into a pair of size 12 Not Your Daughter's jeans than I haven't worn for about 5 years. Still have a few pairs of size 12 jeans that don't fit because they don't have any stretch, but after that I'll need to start buying some new things. I'm thinking it was over 25 years ago that I last fit into a pair of size 10 jeans. Maybe by my birthday in Feb?
Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Made it through TG without overdoing it. I did eat more vegetables than normal, so expect to be up a little tomorrow. If you did overeat, just do a few strict PP days in a row.