Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Like I said I am always here lurking........

Lenise I think 3 clean days of pp will do it. Good luck and stay focused. I finally am back down to my lowest Dukie weight but as usual I will probably bail one of these days....sigh.

Amber you go girl!! So close....you WILL get there.

Wondered where you have been Susan (look who's talking). Finally made up a big batch of the white chili and it is good. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Well....it's one for the money......two for the show Which reminds me Amber I am booked for another trip to my favorite town in January

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hey there Becky!!!! You did so great before, I'm sure you can do it again!!

You know, I've never been to vegas. probably never will either. lol. I'd love to drive out west, but no money and no time. Kind of hinders everything. We did drive to South Dakota about five or six years ago. Maybe even longer than that. Had a great time. That was before the gas prices skyrocketed! And we had a big old conversion van then. Couldn't afford that now!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Becky- Vegas again, man you are my idol!!! OMG have fun, I love that town!!!! I am glad you posted I miss my Becky fix!!!!

Lenise- come on girl, I swear the limb hacking is going to happen this weekend, if I dont see a one, I am working out like freaking nut, sticking to LC and still the scale is not moving, but my size 14 diva skinny jeans are so loose they are falling down, I weigh exactly what I weighed when we left for Vegas and they were too tight to take, so something is working the darn scale is just not showing it! ughghghg

Carry on and lets have a good report come Monday, we have waited long enough!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I can't wait till I get in size 14!! all that exercise is slimming you down more than you realize. You just have lots of musscle!!!

I'm at 204 today, so I'm down a bit. But I don't think I'm going to get down to 199 by Monday. lol. If I'm strict I think I can drop 2-3 pounds by then. I would be THRILLED with that right now. Thanksgiving is coming up and I'm going to be in the 190's by then. Think positive!!! Take action!!! Hup two three four!!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #35

Yeah I was shocked today I was prepared to try to pork into these jeans and then they fell down my butt all day I got no butt, LOL I dont think I can get in 12 but I might have to try! My journal is getting too big they want me to start a new one, I said I am trying to get to 198 my doc's goal then the new one, so this weekend it is LC and exercise til I drop I am trying everything to get there til MOnday! Steak and eggs all weekend, although wine tonight, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

I want wine!!!!!!! Lord help me!!!!

Hey here are some steak and eggs

becksterinindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

steak and eggs sound good!!! Had italian beef & pepperoni soup tonight. Eating some pistachios right now, which I really shouldn't. but I needed a snack and didn't want to eat something I shouldn't.

Watching blue bloods right now. good show
Old 11-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Hi! You ladies are doing great!
Me? Still maintaining @ my old age... Happy right now- 14 is baggy & 12 fit nice just have a few things when I want to "look better". Body really tired from things I am doing, like repainting the house & doing cabinets & flooring. Too tired to eat let alone well. Good thing there is no junk food here @ home.

I AM WAY PROUD OF YOU LADIES.

Decatent December is on the horizon - we will be Deciding our Dos & Donts for each meal, party & family get together. Onereland IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU! I did it! That means anyone can! Gee it is nice to not feel fat any longer! Not thin & shapley yet but @ 66 I don't look too bad! Just good enough to be happy with myself.

LOVE YOURSELVES where you are- you have come a long way, baby!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #39

Faithful that is a good pep talk!!!! Yes its easy to dwell on all the problem areas and the scale but darn we have all come a long way!!! I am right at that point where I cant belive a 12 might fit, if I didnt have this darn belly skin, might have to try a pair on. My aunt sent me DKNY size 8 skinny jeans with a note, I think you will be wearing these soon, ummm NOT!! LOL But I hung them on my closet for motivation!

I am praying that Lenise and I see onderland soon, we certainly have fought the battle together with this!!!

Have a good weekend!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

203 today!!! Two more days till weigh in!! Just have to watch my eating tonight at work.

We're watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. And my dd wants to go to walmart before I go to work tonight. Just can't stay away from that place! lol
Old 11-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Nice to see you Becky. Have fun in Vegas!

Amber and Lenise, Onederland is so close for you two. I was at 171.8 this morning. So close to the 160s! I know all 3 of us are going to do it before the end of the month. I'm wearing some size 14s, some 16s, so it sounds like we're all about the same size, I'm just a shorty. Was stalled for a few days and decided I wasn't eating enough, so have been eating more vegetables on my PV days and have added some flax seed to help with the constipation problem. Down 2 pounds in the last 4 days, so it seems to be working.

Made a good stir fry yesterday with chicken breast, Trader Joes Asian stir fried vegetable mix and green curry simmering sauce. Yum. Also made a big batch of what I call Super Slaw.

1 pkg shredded cabbage
1pkg shredded broccoli slaw
2 cups shredded carrots
apple cider vinegar, Splenda, lemon garlic pepper and salt
diced red, yellow and green bell peppers

Good when I just feel like a snack and want something to chew on.

Faithful, thanks for the encouragement. So glad you are maintaining and feeling so great.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:08 AM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Mark me down for wanting to see the 80's by the end of the month please and thank you. Not sure how long I can hang on but taking one day at a time and going on a wing and a prayer.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

OK, let's see those number roll over by Dec 1! I'd like to be out of the 160's by Jan 1 and to 149 by Feb 24, my 63rd birthday. Will my body go along with the plan? Who knows?
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #44

Stilldews you are doing super! I make an asian slaw with the broccoli slaw, soy sauce, sesame oil, scallions and chinese 5 spice I love that for a veg!

I was good except for wine and a bloody mary, LOL But food wise I was good I am weighing tomorrow and will see where I am at!!!

Keeping fingers crossed!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 10:21 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
Glad everyone is doing well. I can't seem to get myself back to eating right. I will try again tomorrow. I actually try everyday but it hasn't clicked yet.

Stay strong ladies you guys are an inspiration.

(I just love these little guys,esp the sneezing one)
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:50 AM   #46

Girls I was 200.0 oh man, I tried the sway, moving the scale, nope still 200.0 even, LOL Going to stick to LC and exercise like a freaking mad woman and see if that darn scale will move!!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed ladies!

Sinny- you can do it hun, the holidays are coming you dont want to eat and be in worse shape, you can get it together!!! We are all here for ya!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

At a new low weight for Dukie. 192 I even have veggies when I want even on pp days. I stick with l/c veggies though and try to go light on pp days. Just can't imagine I got fat eating l/c veggies and I am not so sure Dukie even considered people who were really obese when he said to alternate until goal Anyway if a person stays low fat and low cal and can't have a few veggies .... just doesn't compute with me. May eat my words but so far so good. I debated whether to write this b/c I don't want to discourage anyone just telling you what I have been doing. I also am not saying I don't have any pp days.

Amber that is awesome girl. This is the week!!

Lenise you are doing so well too.... go girl!! Working nights is hard on the scale.

SW can't wait to be your weight!! One day at a time but who knows with the holidays coming up.

Sinny I am sorry you struggle so much. You just have to do it by the book and after 3 days of he!! it is a lot easier. I don't do any 'e' though. Should at least walk but just can't get myself to move. Teresa is doing really well too. she just doesn't post anymore. Just commit and get healthy for the girls.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #48

Becky- that is freaking awesome, OMG you are almost in the 180's!!! You are doing great and I agree you gotta eat what works and indeed LC veggies sure didn't make us fat, maybe the wine and beer that washed them down, or the chocolate cake, LOL

You could be in the 170's by Vegas how cool is that! Do a little "e " it might help!!! LOL
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
Wow Becky you are smoking . I am so happy for years. I was trying to think how many years we have been fighting this battle, and the first time we met in person. Was it at Queeny's ? My mind isn't that sharpe anymore. The stress around here is killing me. I just took my bp since I have not taken amny meds in a month and it is 138/101. Looks like I need to start paying attention. You are right i do need to be around for my girls.

The kids gave us a cruise to Aruba for my birthday and xmas. It is in March ,you would think that would lite a fire under me.

Amber you will make it. It must be so exciting/frustrating to be sitting on the fence to wonderland. Seems this weight loss stuff is a love /hate relationship. Either way you look beautiful.

Well it is 2pm and I have had a cup of coffee. I know I need to go eat something . I am determined to get through this day and can't figure out what to eat. Maybe an egg or 2 will hold me to dinner. Dh made a roast in the crock pot for dinner. He only eats low carb so you would think it would be easy for me.

WW 2/13 (281.4) 2/14 (268)
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy what a nice gift!! Now get in shape!! You can do this!! Yes we first met at Queenie's. 2004 or 05 I think not sure either. I remember your crossing over from Canada and the guy asking if you met this friend you were going to visit on the internet and you said no Dukan is not Atkins and I think you might get two plans all muddled up after years of l/c on the brain? It seems to be hard for some old timers to wrap their heads around something different. I love egg or tuna salad for lunches but I use light mayo. I know sometimes you have sausage which I avoid even if a low fat variety. I stay way low on the fats. I enjoy steaks but never my beloved ribeye My calories are always well below 1,000 for the day. Whatever you decide.....MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Amber..... excerise??? What you talking about Willis???
Old 11-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #51

Amber..... excerise??? What you talking about Willis???

LOL That made me roll!!!

Sinny- dude a freaking cruise to Aruba, get that booty moving and get that weight off you will feel so good being maybe 30 pounds thinner til then, you can do it!! Let me ask you this, if your hubs eats LC have you tried that? Has he lost weight? If Dukan isn't clicking maybe try going back to strict LC? I agree with Becky sausage is usually just bad, in any form, even the turkey and chicken sausage has a lot of fat in it, there are better options, some of the veggie burgers and vegetable sausage is pretty good! You know I mix it up, well my main problem being shutting my trap through all the celebrations, but I exercise a lot and hard so I need some adjustments but I see the merit in LC and Dukan, Dukie will be so proud of me he said I would get to my Ideal weight 198 on Dec 4th, maybe I will beat him and get there this week!!!! I gotta make Dukie proud too!!!! LOL
Old 11-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

You really are sailing along fast Becky! No time at all and you'll be in the 180s. I have more PV days than PP days too sometimes and don't worry too much about it.

Amber, today is the day. I can feel it. Don't you hate that scale sometimes?

Mine was up a little today. Not sure why other than I ate some Miracle rice for breakfast. Wed morning is my official weigh in time, so it better be back down by then.

Sinny, the trip sounds wonderful. Good to have something to motivate you.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

The scale is up for me too almost a pound This is why I wish I were a once a week weigher. Never going to happen though. I am sure by Monday I will be down some so I just need to keep on keeping on!!!

Hoping to make today a clean pp day.

I have marinated chicken breast and going to grill later. Used the Potuguese Piri Piri recipe (Dukan) and it is yummy For chicken breast that is
Old 11-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Like I said I am always here lurking........

Lenise I think 3 clean days of pp will do it. Good luck and stay focused. I finally am back down to my lowest Dukie weight but as usual I will probably bail one of these days....sigh.

Amber you go girl!! So close....you WILL get there.

Wondered where you have been Susan (look who's talking). Finally made up a big batch of the white chili and it is good. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Well....it's one for the money......two for the show Which reminds me Amber I am booked for another trip to my favorite town in January
You going for the King's Birthday?
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

I plan to make this for Thanksgiving ( having at my in-laws) so to keep me away from the mashed potatoes: Hope it Rocks!
ARTICHOKE AND CAULIFLOWER AU GRATIN
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
1 1/2 lbs cauliflower, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups artichoke hearts in water, drained
2 cups fat free half-n-half
1 t cornstarch
1/4 t ground nutmeg
salt and pepper
cooking spray
Prepare a square baking dish by spraying it with a bit of cooking spray. In a saucepan heat the half-n-half, add the cornstarch and cook until it thickens slightly, about 4-5 minutes. Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the cauliflower and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and add the garlic. Top with half of the cheese. and half of the half-n-half. Add the rest of the cauliflower and artichokes and season with salt and pepper. Add the rest of the cheese and pour the remaining half-n-half over it. Bake covered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let set 10 minutes before serving.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #56

Man I was 202 when I got up then had 3 cups of coffe, 2 glasses of water and peed twice was 200.8 WTH? Go to the plastic surgeons office I was 200.2 with clothes, I said can I get naked and cut my hair here in the hallway? LOL I guess it will come when it is good and ready! Had a woozy episode again at the gym, need to add some healthy carbs back in, this not being able to work out hard is no good! I would rather E than diet, LOL
Old 11-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Amber, you will be there any day! It is like watched pot refusing to boil!!!!
I have been stuck at 191 for weeks- I have not been paying close attention, having veggies everyday, I need to wrassle back on track and join you- you are inspriring!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

171 for me today. At 173, I rolled over from obese to overweight according to the BMI scale.

Day by day we're doing it!

Last edited by stilldews; 11-16-2011 at 07:51 AM..
Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

I am down again. 191.5 yay!!

SW you are so close to the 60's. You go girl.

Let's all keep up the good work. Will be difficult during the holidays so let's get all the weight off we can now.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

I just keep remembering that if I wasn't dieting, I'd be gaining about 15 pounds over the holidays, so even if I just lose another 5 pounds between now and the end of the year, I'm really coming out 20 pounds ahead. Make some turkey vegetable soup today that will last most of the week.