Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Location: My heart lives in England, but the rest of me lives in Maine
Gallery: darkgardyner
Stats: No more scale for me!~ Aiming for Strong & Healthy
WOE: Giving the Harcombe Diet a spin....
Start Date: Live & Learn!
The Harcombe Diet...Anyone?

I bought the book a few months back. I'm just finishing up Day 3 of the plan. I haven't found it to be very difficult yet, but the caffeine withdrawal is kind of miserable. I do look forward to adding back cream for my decaf tea.

If you've not seen or heard of the book it's by Zoe Harcombe, and it's called "How to Stop Counting Calories & Start Losing Weigh"t. This is my first go at it, so I have nothing to report yet. The basics are healthy carbs only, and Phase 2 brings in food combining...fats (proteins) and veg at one meal. Carbs and veg at another. Never carbs and fats at the same meal.

I had been doing food combining prior to starting THD and found my digestive system was much better...no ibs symptoms. I decided to incorporate THD because I'm insulin resistant and need to step it up.

The first 5 days is rather stringent, but anyone that has done Atkins induction would probably get throught it alright. This phase is designed to reduce Candida, food intolerances and kick butt on cravings.

Anyone out there that has interest, advice or ideas, info re: the Harcombe Diet...let me know!

I'll keep trying til I get it right!
darkgardyner is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
I thought I saw something on Youtube about the diet - something about a huge weight loss in a short period of time - not sure if this is the right one. Looked like lots of veggies/healthy carbs/protein.

What is a sample menu like?

Good luck with your plan! If you put health first and your goal is to feel better it is a win/win!
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
I followed food combining as a vegetarian for quite a long time. It was fruit only before noon, though, but the same rules otherwise. It was efffective for sure but the fruit in the morning ultimately did me in. I was starving!!

Harcombe is much more user friendly and I think it may work well for those who are willing to eat small quantities of non gluten grain and legumes.

The allowed foods are similar to South Beach but w the combining rules.

I am playing around w it partly since I decided to give up meat in the evening....to improve my digestion and sleep.

Let us know how it goes.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote