Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Dukan Diet- Overcoming October's Obstacles

Here you go girls another month! My wedding month, finally here!!!!

I will miss you guys, here is my facebook so you can see all the happenings!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000211082142

Amber
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Good Morning! I guess I didn't realize this was wedding month! Time passes so quickly! Congrats! I sent you a 5# request but my phone wouldn't let me send msg with LCF. Anyway I am faithful to Jesus. Now everyone can find me on 5# too!

Blessings!

Going to make some coconut milk to kefir today! !
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #3

I gotta ya, so cute!!!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Yeah!!! I'm back down to 207!!! Now I just need to start dropping again. Goal is 199 by the end of October. It's doable if I stay on plan.

DH made homemade pasta sauce today. Oh my gosh, it smells SO good!! I think I have some squash I can stir fry and put the sauce on it. And he made chicken too!! Yahoo!! I don't have to cook!! lol
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:32 AM   #5

Gotcha too on FB!!!

I know I am so nervous about the trip day to day will have to see if its easier to do low fat or low carb, but I know its going to be tough anyways!

Getting excited!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
So excited for you Amber! You look beautiful in your new facebook photos. Have fun and enjoy every minute. You can come back stronger than ever.

I hit 181.8 today. Almost got those 80s whipped! My goal is to wipe out the 70s this month, the 60s in Nov. and hit TW by end of Dec. I'll just have to see if my body will go along with my plan. My next birthday is end of Feb and I'd love to be in the 140's by then. That's a little below TW but where I'd really like to be.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Mother of the year

Gallery: Laprettygurl
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Feb 26, 2013
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this diet. I have to admit I'm somewhat excited about unlimited jello, diet pop, crystal lite, coffee..etc.

I purchased the e-book three nights ago after reading some threads here. Atkins' was my plan of choice from 2001 until about now. (Off and on and we can see how well that worked for me ) Dare I say I've become bored with the whole thing??

Dukan's online weight calculator puts me at 160 for my ideal weight. 5 days of attack. I am probably going to do 6 so I can have veggies on Thanksgiving on the 10th.

How has this plan been working for everyone?
Laprettygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to the group. 17 pounds down in 5 weeks for me. I'm happy with that since I've done lots of dieting before and am 62. I don't believe Crystal light is allowed, but I have been drinking it occasionally. Funny, but I find the jello a real treat. Somehow meat with jello is so much better than just meat. Be sure to get your oatbran in daily. You might want to visit Dukan US facebook site for recipes. I read it daily and they will answer any questions you have about allowed foods. Here in the USA, we can eat lean pork right from the start. Seems that pork is fattier in France and that is why the book says no. Watch out for flavored yogurts. It's very hard to find any that aren't high in carbs. I add Wyler's drink mix or sugar free jello mix to plain yogurt and that works well.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #9
Mother of the year

Thanks! I think it said sf beverages as long as it's no more than one calorie per serving. I just assumed crystal lite was low. I'll have to check! If not, there's always diet pop..

I'll also have to check my yogurt. I usually only eat the Source brand.

I'll for sure check out that fb site. Thanks for the heads up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Welcome to the group. 17 pounds down in 5 weeks for me. I'm happy with that since I've done lots of dieting before and am 62. I don't believe Crystal light is allowed, but I have been drinking it occasionally. Funny, but I find the jello a real treat. Somehow meat with jello is so much better than just meat. Be sure to get your oatbran in daily. You might want to visit Dukan US facebook site for recipes. I read it daily and they will answer any questions you have about allowed foods. Here in the USA, we can eat lean pork right from the start. Seems that pork is fattier in France and that is why the book says no. Watch out for flavored yogurts. It's very hard to find any that aren't high in carbs. I add Wyler's drink mix or sugar free jello mix to plain yogurt and that works well.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I'm so excited! A new low of 205.6!!!! I'm so excited that I've started losing again.

I had veggie soup tonight for dinner along with some ff cottage cheese. For lunch I'll take some lunch meat, cheese and yogurt. I've really been enjoying eating the peach yogurt on my lunch break. And I've been taking 4 small slim jims every night -- eat 2 on each of my breaks. I know they're not low fat, but it helps so I don't get too hungry. It's so easy to just grab a candy bar or potato chips, and I don't want to do that! The slim jims are a much better choice. So far it's working!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
Mother of the year

I feel completely lost!! Is this normal? I haven't done any other diet plan EVER except for Atkins' (and overeating!!)

So, let me know if this looks ok. Food for today:

Low fat chicken and low fat turkey lunch meat from the deli counter
lots of sf jello
baked chicken thighs with a little bit of garlic pepper spice.
diet sprite
coffee with sweetener and 1% milk. (only milk I have right now)
water.

A few times I've had to really stop myself from grabbing a granola bar etc.. bad bad habits I need to break.

I'll be picking up my oat bran tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

looks good to me. Do you like yogurt? for me that really helps with hunger. and you can flavor it with different things.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE! You are in the right place to change your eaing for life and not just diet!

Sounds like you have the rigt idea! I am kinda a purest as it is just me here. I keep things simple - lots of eggs, milk kefir (my own culture not store bought), cottage cheese, Kombucha, pouches of salmon & tuna,
coconut milk & oil, salads etc.

@ 6 weeks I was losing a pound a day & had to modify things for my body. You will find a lotof us think outside the box & we enjoy life & getting healthy while living life to it's fullest. So, don't stress if youfall down, get up wipe the blood off your knees and keep walking in this new lifestyle! If we can make it, YOU WILL TOO!

HAVE FUN & enjoy your new you! We are here to support you!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
Mother of the year

Yes, I do I really need to go grocery shopping. Payday is on Wednesday. Here's a link to the nutritional info of the yogurt I eat. It's Yoplait Source

Yoplait Source, fat-free and aspartame-free yogurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
looks good to me. Do you like yogurt? for me that really helps with hunger. and you can flavor it with different things.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #15
Mother of the year

Thanks for the welcome! I'm going to reread the book and check the FB site for more information! I'm really really excited about this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE! You are in the right place to change your eaing for life and not just diet!

Sounds like you have the rigt idea! I am kinda a purest as it is just me here. I keep things simple - lots of eggs, milk kefir (my own culture not store bought), cottage cheese, Kombucha, pouches of salmon & tuna,
coconut milk & oil, salads etc.

@ 6 weeks I was losing a pound a day & had to modify things for my body. You will find a lotof us think outside the box & we enjoy life & getting healthy while living life to it's fullest. So, don't stress if youfall down, get up wipe the blood off your knees and keep walking in this new lifestyle! If we can make it, YOU WILL TOO!

HAVE FUN & enjoy your new you! We are here to support you!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:31 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Cyrstal Lite has 5 calories per 1/2 small pkg. Unless you drink a lot of it, I don't think it will make a big difference in the long run.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

204!!!!!!!!! That's 3.6 pounds lost this past week!! I might make it to 199 by the end of the month!! Maybe sooner!!

Have to get ready for work -- pack my lunch and everything. Sore throat right now and I'm not feeling real well. But at least I won't have to be on register tonight.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Ugh . My kitty has been sick and had surgery today. I was up 1/2 lb today- this seems to have stalled I really need the exercise! I am not going to let 1/2 lb deter me, right?
Happy October everyone!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

I am so sorry for kitty & you! Nope! No discouragement! 8oz no biggie-prolly too much salt in the past few days!

Lensie! You go girl!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Feeling worse today. I haven't been able to sleep cause I can't breathe. My nose is all stopped up and my throat is sore. So glad I don't have to work tonight!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Feeling worse today. I haven't been able to sleep cause I can't breathe. My nose is all stopped up and my throat is sore. So glad I don't have to work tonight!!
Please get to feeling better. Remember to get extra C & Zink- some antibotic herbs are good too & a good lemon/honey or salt water gargle as well but then you probably know that already- just being a gramma, it is always there

I know we aren't posed to do this but I have done it since my mom did it to me as a kid-passed it to my grankids- when heaters go on or I just am stopped up I use mentholatum inside my nose as far up as I can put it. Really helps @ night especially. Old timers never read labels & I am still here 66 years later. Maybe it will help you too.

I didn't make my 165 by 10/1 but an happy bouncing the 167-171 thing for a while. Someday this month the bounce will be lower-if not it will sometime. I like the bounce thing because it takes stress off one number. I know fat doesn't change rapidly but water & gut content does! 5# from lowest is a good bounce range for me anything more & I get concerned & go back to PP for a few days.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 10-04-2011 at 08:33 AM..
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

I've always used vicks in my nose. But even that wasn't helping this morning. Of course, it could have to do with my sleeping schedule being off yesterday and I slept three hours before I went into work last night. I'll try laying back down in a bit and see if I can sleep. The hot shower helped some. Just now starting to feel tired.

Drinking my hot tea!!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I thought all my labs would come back with flying colors! I guess I am doomed to contend with Crestor forever unless I find a "magic tonic" for high cholesterol. Now I don't mind- I just want what I want & that as little Rx as I can get away with. So now that makes the thyroid & cholesterol & my pain Rx. Guess that is not terribly bad for my age but I am still about it! Tis a far cry from the 11 Rx in January 2011 ! Someday! I can dream & they occasionally do come true! ~ like fitting into a 12 for the first time in 40? Years!

So I guess all together- It is OK- (Did I say I quit all but thyroid Rx 2 months ago?) because all the others checked out good & my fasting BS was 102, my A1C went down .1 ~ that is encouraging as my FBS is NEVER THAT LOW!

Just wanted to share!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 10-04-2011 at 02:40 PM..
Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Hope you got some rest and feel better Lenise. I work at a hospital and we have already seen some true flu cases in the ER. Hope yours is just a nasty cold. Working the night shift and getting your hours so switched around all the time is hard on the immune system.

Faithful, you are doing wonderful with the weight and blood sugar numbers!! I love it that us "mature' women can do so well on this plan. I take Lipitor and have dreams of getting off it, but not sure it will happen. Going to wait until my weight is at TW or below and then give it a trial. Did your Dr do the test where they check the size of your bad cholesterol? It only the small, dense bad ones that cause damage. If they just did a total, you don't really know how many of your 'bad' are the small and how many are the large fluffy ones that are OK.

It been 6 weeks of Dukaning for me today. So far pounds per week have been 7.2,1, 1, 3.4. 1 and 4. Total 17.6!

Enjoy the beautiful fall everyone and soak up some sunshine if you can.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Just had my favorite breakfast bowl yet. Kind of like a lime souffle without all the work.

In a 3 cup microwavable bowl combine:

2 whole eggs
2 heaping Tb Greek yogurt
2Tb oat bran
3 pkg Splenda
1 or 2 tsp lime juice or lemon.

I used bottled lime juice with no carbs or sugar.

Whip till almost smooth with a fork. Microwave 1 minute. Whip again with a fork. Microwave 2 minutes. I ate it hot, but think it would be good cold too.

Susan
Old 10-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Just watched last night's Biggest Loser. So happy to see that a team other than the blue older ones finally had to send someone home. I liked Patrick and hated to see him go, but think he was probably the right one on that team. Looked like he was doing great at home. Glad the coach won the tickets too!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

I seem to be the only one talking today. Any excuse to avoid housework1

Has anyone read the book Wheat Belly? Just finished it and think I'm convinced I need to give up wheat forever and ever. Also most other things that contain gluten. Thinking I will add flaxseed, coconut flour and maybe some nuts in place of the whole wheat bread when I get to that stage. The book has a lot of good sounding recipes for wheat free breads, wraps and treats. The fact that it really pains me to think of all the good things I'd have to give up to get off the wheat, probably just proves that I'm addicted to it.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Never heard of the book. Sounds interesting though. If I have anything with flour in it after lcing for a while, I get really gassed up.

Feeling a little better today, but still coughing. and I have no energy. Called off work tonight, so I don't have to be back in until Friday evening. Hopefully that will give me enough time to recover and get my energy back.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Lenise, glad you took the night off. Sometimes that's what it takes and at least you're exposing fewer people to whatever you have.

I'm still fighting to see the 70's. Up just a little today. Think I didn't drink enough yesterday. I'm really looking forward to seeing 173. That's when I official go from being obese to just overweight according to the BMI charts. Obese is such a nasty sounding word!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

I have to write this down.

Yes they did the breakdown but Doc is a personal friend (& my GYN-yeah really thought you ladies would get a on that one so I threw it in)& he didn't give me details. I keep forgetting to have them mail reports to me then I can look for myself. Will be interesting since coconut oil is supposed to help increase the HDL(think that is the right one) will be interesting to see the ratios.

I don't know how glucose is figured. Fasting was 102 & A1C 6.2 (down .1) but something called overall was 129+- can't remember. Don't
understand the overall but I hope my GP can tell me later this month.

Terrific on the loss. This is the time we can say "HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LOSS"

Lensie please do take care of yourself. We can't take care of others if we don't FIRST take care of us... Learned that too late in life!

The remodel is @ a stand still! Unrolled the wallpaper & hated it! Looked good in the store! So it & the matched paint along with a slwe of other things went back! Square 1 again! Just going to paint but it will be my son's families living room & I want it to be nice for them. They say whatever I want- it is my house. He bougt a KY Wildcat throw for in there. How about KY Blue walls & white trim. I just hesitate to paint my doors white though -they are a natural brown wood stain now. ANY THOUGTS OLEASE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Just had my favorite breakfast bowl yet. Kind of like a lime souffle without all the work.

In a 3 cup microwavable bowl combine:

2 whole eggs
2 heaping Tb Greek yogurt
2Tb oat bran
3 pkg Splenda
1 or 2 tsp lime juice or lemon.

I used bottled lime juice with no carbs or sugar.

Whip till almost smooth with a fork. Microwave 1 minute. Whip again with a fork. Microwave 2 minutes. I ate it hot, but think it would be good cold too.

Susan

Last edited by iamfaithful; 10-06-2011 at 04:32 PM..