Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
hmmm I would find it very hard spyder monkey to do those 5 straight days regularly.....maybe try the 2 /2 rythym during those special occasion weeks?

@ Amber- checked FB- dang girl, you look great. So beautiful.
thanks! yeah that is what I am worried about. I will have to try to figure it out. Sunday should be PV and I guess still can be ,but it is Wed and friday that throw me off. I prob. just eat pp until friday night just try to limit my veggies as much as possible. As long as I stay away from the really bad stuff I guess it will wash out in a few days. I really want to be in the 130's by my bday next week ,but I don't see it happening.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Hi paleo, maybe you need a little more real natural form proteins like eggs or cottage cheese? Also, I use the chocolate whey- are any of yours flavored? you must be having your oat bran, correct? Have you seen the recipe for the breakfast bowl one of the great gals on here posted? It is FAST and amazing. I am going to make one right now! this is faster than the galette/ pancake, and you can make it with egg whites or one egg and one white...e tc. I add pumpkin pie spice and LOOKOUT! enjoy babe. I wish I could remember who to give credit to for it- sorry ladies!

2 eggs

1 heaping TB Greek yogurt
or FF cream cheese
2 Tb oat bran

1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 Pkg Splenda or some stevia
1/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract, optional.

Mix everthing together in a cereal bowl. Use a fork and blend it well. Cook one minute in the microwave. Take out and stir well again with a fork. Cook one more minute and let set just a little. Top should still be a little moist looking. I top with about a TB of Sugar free syrup or another sprinkle of Splenda and cinnamon.
Hiya Purrcy. Thanks for that great recipe - sounds absolutely delish. I'll be honest though, I don't eat the oat bran anymore. I used it for several weeks in a row during a previous Dukan bout and barely lost an ounce. Once I stopped eating it I started dropping almost a lb a day. I used the lowest net carb brand I could find, but either it was still too high in carbs or I'm sensitive to the proteins in oats. I'm gluten intolerant and there's often overlap between the two, so that's a distinct possibility. I use psyllium, coconut flour or chia seeds instead now and should probably start with it again.

As for eating more "real" food, you're totally correct. I was super busy yesterday and relied on the whey shakes instead of eating actual meat, eggs or fish like I usually do. The brand I use is not flavored or sweetened and has only 2 net carbs per serving once mixed with the almond breeze and stevia. That said, there's some research that suggests stevia can lower both your blood sugar and your blood pressure when taken in excess. That's certainly how I felt yesterday, so today I'm going to have only one unsweetened shake after my workout and eat real food the rest of the day. That will also improve my electrolyte levels in case that's part of the problem.

By the way, I didn't lose an ounce yesterday, but my pants are way looser today. This happened in the past as well after a couple of weeks of eating high protein and exercising diligently. That's why I try not to get hung up on the scale and just focus on how my clothes fit, rather than deciding the diet's not working. Not always easy

Hope everyone manages to stay on target today - we can do this!
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laprettygurl View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this diet. I have to admit I'm somewhat excited about unlimited jello, diet pop, crystal lite, coffee..etc.

I purchased the e-book three nights ago after reading some threads here. Atkins' was my plan of choice from 2001 until about now. (Off and on and we can see how well that worked for me ) Dare I say I've become bored with the whole thing??

Dukan's online weight calculator puts me at 160 for my ideal weight. 5 days of attack. I am probably going to do 6 so I can have veggies on Thanksgiving on the 10th.

How has this plan been working for everyone?
Hello, laprettygurl, how are you and Dr Dukan getting along?

Have you come across [url=http://www.thedukandiet.com?] I think it's better than the official Dukan site - Amber, the girl who advises here, I consider is better than the Dukan coaches for whom you have to pay. She will answer your every query with kindness and expertise. Amber can easily switch between American, British and European weights, measures and the food with which we're dieting. A fantastic resource for a Dukanista Sista!

The diet really works. Stick to it with diligence and accuracy! Don't weaken in the face of temptation. Think how lovely you will look and how well you will feel!

Wishing you every success...
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

So, today turned out a bit different from what I'd planned. I took it a little easier on the treadmil and didn't drink any whey shakes or anything with stevia. I ended up deliberately moving from attack phase into cruise however because I just felt like my body was just crying for more nutrition. I didn't go crazy though - just a cup of home-made coleslaw with a teeny bit of greek yogurt dressing and a couple of mushrooms sauteed in broth - about 4 net carbs total.

This evening I realized however that my calories were still way too low so I ate 2T of unsalted organic peanut butter. Oh my goodness, it tasted like heaven on a spoon. It took every ounce of willpower not to eat the entire jar, but I put it up in the highest cabinet so I won't be tempted later tonight. I do feel amazing right now though. Just that little bit of fat made all the difference it seems. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow though!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:53 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.amaryllis View Post
Hello, laprettygurl, how are you and Dr Dukan getting along?

Have you come across [url=http://www.thedukandiet.com?] I think it's better than the official Dukan site - Amber, the girl who advises here, I consider is better than the Dukan coaches for whom you have to pay. She will answer your every query with kindness and expertise. Amber can easily switch between American, British and European weights, measures and the food with which we're dieting. A fantastic resource for a Dukanista Sista!

The diet really works. Stick to it with diligence and accuracy! Don't weaken in the face of temptation. Think how lovely you will look and how well you will feel!

Wishing you every success...
Also wishing you success laprettygurl. I'm just restarting myself, but so far so good. We can do this! And thanks for the link miss.amaryllis!

Last edited by paleopaleo; 10-14-2011 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: Added a thank you
Old 10-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Purrcy'smom, sorry to hear about your friend. It must have been very emotional sorting through her things. Glad you are being good to yourself and staying on plan as much as possible.

I saw the question about Worchestershire sauce and tried to find an answer, but didn't. I think it's one of those things that can be used with caution. It does have 1 gm carbs and 1 gm sugar /tsp, so I would limit it to just a little.

So far this month, progress has been slow for me. I'm wondering about the oat bran too and am thinking of switching to rice bran for a week or two. Not sure I can find it locally. Sounds like the stablized form is regarded as a new super food with lots of benefits. I do feel I need some type of fiber and am trying to avoid anything with wheat or gluten. Good new is there was a 17 in front of my weight today instead of an 18. OK, it was 179.8, but at least I'm finally out of the 180s.

Thanks for the web site miss.amaryllis. Not sure if I've visted that one or not, but will.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
So far this month, progress has been slow for me. I'm wondering about the oat bran too and am thinking of switching to rice bran for a week or two. Not sure I can find it locally. Sounds like the stablized form is regarded as a new super food with lots of benefits. I do feel I need some type of fiber and am trying to avoid anything with wheat or gluten. Good new is there was a 17 in front of my weight today instead of an 18. OK, it was 179.8, but at least I'm finally out of the 180s.
Hi stilldews Way to go with getting into the 170s! I've had a lot of luck with chia seeds as a sub for the oat bran. They are high in fiber, low in net carbs, super nutritious and kinda fun to eat. I usually I mix 4T with half a cup of unsweetened almond breeze and a few drops of vanilla and stevia. Then I let is sit for a few minutes until it thickens up and eat it like pudding or cereal. That gives me 10g good fat (omega 3s), 11g fiber, 2g net carbs and 5.5g protein plus lots of vitamins. That's a lot more fiber and far fewer net carbs than the oat bran and the same amount of fat as two whole eggs.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

So, the extra calories and veggies gamble yesterday resulted in a slight movement downward in the scale this morning. My clothes are also a teeny bit looser than yesterday and I generally just feel better. I'm not going to go totally nuts with the veggies, but I am going to up my nutrition intake in general with liver, low carb greens etc. I'm also considering cycling my calories with one day higher/one day lower to keep my metabolism guessing.

I need every trick in the book right now to boost my fatloss it seems. I lost so much quicker when I did this before, but I guess my body has caught on to what I'm trying to do by now. Either that, or this being over 40 thing starting to really kick in. Time will tell I guess.

Today's planned menu:
chia seeds with almond breeze
chicken liver simmered in broth
baked sole with a sprinkle of lime juice and pepper
black tea with almond breeze
spinach and parsley salad (or juice if I could be bothered)
water and supplements
Old 10-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Just wanted to say hi!! I've popped in and read the posts the past few days but haven't had time to post. Every time I get on the computer it seems something else comes up. Somebody needs something somewhere. lol

Not lc today. DH is making lasagna for my birthday dinner, and my stepmom is bringing dessert. Having trouble getting refocused the past two weeks. Did good during September and started losing again, but I've been eating off plan lately. I'm not going to worry about it today though. I do half decent on the days I'm working, but blow it on my days off.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! It is a gorgeous fall day here in PA!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

paleopaleo, I like chia seeds too and am going to start adding them along with some flax seed and the rice bran. Maybe a TB of each instead of the oatbran and see what that does to my weight loss. Down just a little more today. Looked at some old photos today and saw that I was down to 160 on Feb 13, 2008 , so am going to make it my goal to be below that on Feb 13 of this year.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
paleopaleo, I like chia seeds too and am going to start adding them along with some flax seed and the rice bran. Maybe a TB of each instead of the oatbran and see what that does to my weight loss. Down just a little more today. Looked at some old photos today and saw that I was down to 160 on Feb 13, 2008 , so am going to make it my goal to be below that on Feb 13 of this year.
That sounds great. I doubt you could go wrong with a nice healthy combo like that. Keeping my fingers crossed for your goal.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Hi there Ladies. The last three days I've gradually added more low carb veggies back into my meals and I feel so much better, I've decided to keep going with that rather than proper Dukan. In the past when I've done protein-only diets I guess wasn't working out quite as hard at the same time, but now I want to be fit as well as thin so I'm going to keep tweaking until I find the right formula.

I'm still going to keep the carbs under control, but focus more on eating lean and clean with more intense exercise added. Hey, even my acronym LCE still works with that idea

Guess that means I'm not really a Dukan gal anymore for the time being, but I'll check in with you ladies to see how you're doing from time to time. Hope you achieve all your goals and more.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #73
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hi girls, OMG the wedding the honeymoon it was all fabulous, gained a whopping 19 pounds of bloat, OMG but its all OK, back to normal today and going forward, everything to went pot, too little exercise, too much booze, but we had fun for sure!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

So glad things went so well Amber. You were such a beautiful bride and deserve to celebrate. Now get busy and I bet you'll have those extra pounds off in no time at all. Good to have you back.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 AM   #75
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Getting there!!!
Stats: 252/116/105 5'6
WOE: Stillmans QWL/Dukan
Start Date: 1 November 2008
Hi guys! I've been reading your posts on and off for a while. I've seen all your picks Amber-truly inspirational!!
I have a (rather stupid) question!! I've been doing Stills/Dukan for a while and I've eaten the oatbran from time to time. I tend to stay away because I could seriously eat 2 or 3 bowls of the porridge--I just find it real comfort food! Anyway my question is how many grams (circa) of the oatbran is in a tablespoon? If I'm correct with what a tablespoon is-then it's very little--and would barely make up a porridge! About 15grms?
Thanks in advance!!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!(not even chocolate!)
Getting there!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #76

Girls I weighed myself when we got home 221 at 1:30 am Sunday this morning 209, now I am having Tony call me the human thermos, I cant believe how much water I hold from travel and carb bloat, ughhg. Back to business today and my trainer tonight, oh dear! I have my 25th HS reunion on Saturday so I dont want to be all puffy!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Glad the wedding went well! The pictures were great!

So I decided to do the 2/7 plan this week since we have so many social things and then I will get back to something stricter. Has anyone tried it?
Old 10-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
what's the 2/7 plan?
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

There are two types one you eat PV for 5 days and then do PP Monday and Thursday. The other is you don't follow any real diet for the other days ,but eating nothing extreme and then PP on Monday and thrusday. It is on the same page in the book with the other options. I'm not sure how productive it will be ,but atleast I will still be sticking to the "diet" by following it.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

A tablespoon isn't very much, but I don't know how many grams it is. Definitely not enough for porridge. I mix it in with my yogurt.

Amber, you'll get back down in no time. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time! The pictures were great!!

I've never done the 2/7 timing. Let us know how it goes.

Back down to 204.4 today. My goal for next Monday is 202. Need to dig in my heels and focus.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
A tablespoon isn't very much, but I don't know how many grams it is. Definitely not enough for porridge. I mix it in with my yogurt.

Amber, you'll get back down in no time. I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time! The pictures were great!!

I've never done the 2/7 timing. Let us know how it goes.

Back down to 204.4 today. My goal for next Monday is 202. Need to dig in my heels and focus.
so far so good. I was 143.8 on Friday and then ate whatever sat and sunday ( weighed Monday at 146.4) and did PP yesterday today I'm back to 143.8. So I'm happy with that. My TW is 129, but I'm not sure i'll ever seen that. I just don't want to gain and need to get through this week. Today is my 30th birthday and we started the monring spreading my grandpa's ashes ( he passed in the spring) today was also his birthday so is has been a fun one.......
week 3-
Old 10-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Happy birthday!!! It's a great month for birthdays!!

dinner was chicken and stir fry veggies for me. the family had rice with theirs. and I made a salad but haven't eaten any yet. PV today. And hopefully back on track and PP tomorrow. I know this works. I just haven't been able to stick with anything the past two months. Going back and forth. Need to go to the store and get some ff yogurt and ff cottage cheese.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

It's great to hear that some of you can eat off plan and get right back on and take the weight off again so easily. Way to go!

A TB is 15gm or you can use a 1 oz medicine cup to measure the 2 TB allowed in Cruise. I know there is someone on facebook that mixes it with a cup of milk and cooks it on the stove top about 5 minutes. I would think it would be very thin. I always mix mine with 2eggs and 2 TB Greek yogurt and microwave it along with whatever flavorings I decide on for the day. Today I add 1/2 tsp ginger, 2 pk Splenda and a Tb of sugarfree gingerbread flavor syrup. May try adding some pumpkin along with lots of pumpkin pie spice tomorrow. My favor is still the lime juice and sweetener.

Tomorrow is official weigh in day for me and am feeling hopeful that I'll see a decent loss this week.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for that!!! Just as I thought-I eat waay too much!!!!I'll def try it with the greek yoghurt and eggs microwaved!!
Old 10-19-2011, 02:10 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
Quote:
It's great to hear that some of you can eat off plan and get right back on and take the weight off again so easily. Way to go!

A TB is 15gm
That's right, a tablespoon is indeed 15g!

But Stilldews, with every respect , do you really think that spoiling your diet, gaining weight, going back to the diet, losing again etc., is the way to go? Surely, many of us have been doing that many times for years? I can't think it's very good for our morales or our metabolism, again and again to lose and gain the weight that ruins our looks and our health.

I'm the first to admit that it's very difficult to maintain a diet with holidays, family gatherings, parties and friends that do the "Oh, just one slice can't hurt you - go on, after all it's only a week until Easter...". That kind of thing.

One thing I'm trying to remember (speaking for myself at age 58) is that, unless I maintain my True Weight, if I pile on the pounds again, my skin won't have the stretchable resilience of youth and snap back into shape. I'll be left with saggy and baggy bits. Sleeveless dresses with bingo wings!

I feel that the brilliant thing about the Dukan Diet plan is that you are eased back into normal eating with the Consolidation phase, but that it does discipline and train your appetite to taste fruit, cheese, pasta, rice and bread again without that awful going-off-the-tracks feeling (the next morning?) of "Oh no! Just when I'd lost five pounds! I've blown it now..." I've got until the 22nd in Consolidation, but two successful looking-beautiful friends in Stabilisation assure me that the body has by then accustomed itself to a new slim shape and has stopped its calorie-sponge proclivities.

That's why I don't think, after the dedicated and successful Attack phase, when we experience a dramatic and gratifying weight loss, that it's worth spoiling that effort with diet lapses.

Goodness, I'm sorry to sound so evangelistic!
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #86

Lenise you are getting there!!!!!

I know this vacation and honeymoon was shocking!!! I am back on track, it is hard going off and restarting! I try to limit the cheating to something really good like this vacation! Like I have 2 parties this weekend and I can say no cake, its not worth it! I have got to get under 200 soon!!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

I wasn't really trying to encourage people to regain a lot and loss it over and over. I was thinking more like Amber in the sense that I what to be able to enjoy a special meal a few times a year without fear that it will start me back on the path to regaining it all back. I've done that for way too many years and one reason I am excited about Dukan is that it does have a definite plan not only to stablize, but also to maintain that lets you have those special times and still keep the weight off. I've yo-yo dieted since age 10 and can really tell that my skin does not have the same ability to spring back into shape that it did when I was younger. Afraid I will be left with some sags and bags this time around. I heard that taking 5000 mg of vitamin C a day can help with the elasticity of the skin. Anyone else heard of any other ideas?

Today's weight is 177.2, so down another 3.2 pounds this last week.

Last edited by stilldews; 10-19-2011 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 AM   #88

SD- I was told to take a bunch of stuff for my skin, 1000 mg Vita C, selenium, bromelian, the thing is losing 150 pounds I am doomed, there is no tightening this stuff up, LOL OMG when we were away my skin like floats in the hot tub, so gross, I just have to get another 30 pounds off me and then I am getting hacked I want this gone so bad!

So I want to share something with you girls I am wild out of mind over this!!!!!

Thank you so much for submitting your story to Atkins for our Success Story Superstar contest. The success you have had with Atkins is very inspiring. We would love to share your experience with the rest of our community by posting your story and photos on Atkins.com. In return, we would compensate you $300.

Please reply to this email if this is something you would be interested in. If so, I will have Carly Hofstedt, Atkins’ marketing specialist, follow up with you to get you the paperwork necessary for your compensation of $300.

If you are interested in having your story on Atkins.com, we would like to find out some additional information about your journey with Atkins prior to posting your success story on the site. When you have a chance, please take the time to answer the following additional questions (attached) about your Atkins experience. If at all possible, if you could return your answers to me within one week, that would be great.

Once again, congratulations on your success with Atkins, and we look forward to talking with you further.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.amaryllis View Post
That's right, a tablespoon is indeed 15g!

But Stilldews, with every respect , do you really think that spoiling your diet, gaining weight, going back to the diet, losing again etc., is the way to go? Surely, many of us have been doing that many times for years? I can't think it's very good for our morales or our metabolism, again and again to lose and gain the weight that ruins our looks and our health.

I'm the first to admit that it's very difficult to maintain a diet with holidays, family gatherings, parties and friends that do the "Oh, just one slice can't hurt you - go on, after all it's only a week until Easter...". That kind of thing.

One thing I'm trying to remember (speaking for myself at age 58) is that, unless I maintain my True Weight, if I pile on the pounds again, my skin won't have the stretchable resilience of youth and snap back into shape. I'll be left with saggy and baggy bits. Sleeveless dresses with bingo wings!

I feel that the brilliant thing about the Dukan Diet plan is that you are eased back into normal eating with the Consolidation phase, but that it does discipline and train your appetite to taste fruit, cheese, pasta, rice and bread again without that awful going-off-the-tracks feeling (the next morning?) of "Oh no! Just when I'd lost five pounds! I've blown it now..." I've got until the 22nd in Consolidation, but two successful looking-beautiful friends in Stabilisation assure me that the body has by then accustomed itself to a new slim shape and has stopped its calorie-sponge proclivities.

That's why I don't think, after the dedicated and successful Attack phase, when we experience a dramatic and gratifying weight loss, that it's worth spoiling that effort with diet lapses.

Goodness, I'm sorry to sound so evangelistic!
I understand where you are coming from ,but again the way I am eating this week is still following the plan in the book. It is just not as strict. Sadly, I know myself well enough to know that trying to stick with a PP day when I know I have eating events I'm better off making it through this week doing the 2/7 and then getting to something stricter next week. You still have 2 PP days. I'm guessing He would not have put the option in the book if it didn't work also.

Last edited by spydermonkey511; 10-19-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow! That is too cool!!!! Congrats!!