Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Just wanted to say hi!! Have to go to work tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe I won't be on register and will just be putting away returns and zoning all night. That might be better. But we'll see.

Haven't eaten well this week. But I'm back on track. Think for dinner tonight I'm just going to take a couple of yogurts and add my oat bran to fill me up. That will be best on my throat.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Lensie Hope all goes well for you tonight! We dont eat well when we dont feel well, glad you are back on track!

Going to make the lime eggs when I get home for dinner on Sunday.

My rotation with Gramma... She is so sweet... keeps seeing men in her room! I told her to tell them to get out cause I was sleeping in there tonight. She laughed like a little girl!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:33 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Glad Gramma still has her sense of humor!

Hope your night at work was calm Lenise. I get off work in 45 minutes and will take my little dog for a walk if it's not raining by then. We are having fantatic fall weather and I'm trying to soak up as much sun as possible. After losing 4 pounds last week, my weight bounced back up 2 pounds over the last few days. Hopefully they will be gone and take a friend or 2 with them by my official weigh in day of Wed.

Does anyone know the date Amber is getting married? I see on her facebook page they are in Vegas now.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I think she's getting married today -- but not sure of the time. Just checked out some pictures on her facebook. They look like they're having fun!

Work went okay last night. Wasn't on register, so that was nice. But I probably will be tonight. I do fine except for when my throat goes dry and I start coughing and can't stop. Gotta wear pads so I don't pee my pants. lol

I've put some weight back on this week too. Not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. But I know it'll come back off!!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie we call them "Laugh Pads" at church! I guess cough would work too... I can relate...Had 2 surgeried & don't leak any more but still have to RUN to get there in time! Hahaha

Ladies my clothes keep fitting me looser but the scale is back to 71 (yeah leave the 1st # off). I just keep on doing right & something is going on! So, keep on keeping on & it WILL BE OK!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 10-10-2011 at 01:46 PM..
Old 10-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
hey everyone. I hope yall are sticking to things better than I am. I am going to get back on track tomorrow. really wish now i would have never gotten off getting on and staying on is for the birds.

ok jsut redid my slimming program and I have stuff to start at home. I just have to stay one track. What do yall do to make it easier for yall to not fall off?

Last edited by spydermonkey511; 10-11-2011 at 11:03 AM..
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Hon, 4 me it is easy- just me @ home. I don't buy anything I can't eat & when grankids are over EVERYTHING I got 4 them goes home with them.

Have had a prob the past 10 days thoug, my weight went up 3 # & is STAYING there. Figured it out ~ I have been too rushed to eat my eggs & cottage cheese for breakfast & it is 2PM B4 I think to eat! I SLOWED MY METABOLISM!!! Back to cramming in the protein & kefir/Kombucha.. We will see what happens!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: paleopaleo
Stats: 162/on my way/130
WOE: Lean protein, greens and exercise
Hi everyone. Mind if I join in mid month? I'm a Stillman's/Dukan veteran and the low fat/ low carb combo always seems to work way better for me than Atkins proper. I'm back in the saddle after several months of enjoying myself with too many carbs and not enough exercise. How come it takes so much effort to lose 20 lbs, but almost no time or energy to put it back on? I must have good survivor genes

So, I'm on day 8 of my home-made "Low Carb with Exercise" plan - LCE for short - and day 2 of modifying it to be more of a proper Dukan attack phase. I'm also doing 15-20 mins of interval training and 40 mins of steady cardio on the treadmill most days. I'm honestly more concerned with inches than lbs, although I can't deny feeling pretty happy when I see that number on the scale slowly creeping downward. So far I've dropped from 161 to 156 and my fat pants are a teeny bit looser.

Today's menu so far:
black tea with unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
lots of baked flounder with a sprinkle of lime juice and pepper (no salt right now)
unsweetened whey protein powder with Almond Breeze, sweetened with stevia (2x)
lots and lots of water
supplements

Last edited by paleopaleo; 10-11-2011 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: left out a word
paleopaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE!
I want to come eat @ your house today.
I must be tired because eaing seems like an effort & making something special like what you are having!
Oh well, guess I will go to bed nitey nite & terrific loss!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Hey there!! My weight was up on Monday to 206. Yuck!! But I'm not surprised cause I didn't eat well when my cold was bad. And when I'm off work I seem to eat whatever is around. I really need to work on that.

Off tonight. Haven't been sleeping well the past few days. Really need to get some good sleep before I have to go back to work tomorrow night. But then I have Thursday night off. Back and forth!

My mom and aunt are out of town for two weeks, so I have to do shopping for my Grandma tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

wecome Paleo!

Alright today is the day. Starting over 4 days of attack and then I'm going to do 5/5 atleast for the first set. I have quite a few social events next week so that will be the best way to keep to it. Thanks Iamfaithful, my house has tons of junk food and getting rid of it sounds like a good idea.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:14 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Good to have you paleo. I've gone from 198.4 to 180.4 in 7 weeks on Dukan. Was hoping to break into the 170's this week but they are eluding me. Faithful, I'm wondering too if I'm not eating too little some days. Even on my vegetable days, I usually only add a raw salad to the protein. May try eating a few more veggies this week, but really not hungery. I took 2 slices of turkey in the cafeteria a couple nights ago since it was a PP day and found I could only eat one along with my sugar free jello.

Amber has her wedding photos posted on facebook and she made a beautiful, glowing bride after all her hard work. Congratulations Amber!
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Her pictures are really nice and she looks GREAT! I hope things went great!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Ugh . My kitty has been sick and had surgery today. I was up 1/2 lb today- this seems to have stalled I really need the exercise! I am not going to let 1/2 lb deter me, right?
Happy October everyone!
How is Kitty doing?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:37 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Ambers pictures are great!! Everyone should take a look!

Just found out a former coworker died yesterday. so to the funeral home tomorrow evening. Thankfully I'm not working then.

Going to make breakfast for dinner tonight. Found some beef bacon at the store -- don't eat pork -- which is highly unusual. Usually I just buy the turkey bacon. Also omelets and small pancakes for the family. Might make them some fried potatoes too. Not sure. Depends on how much time I have.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:55 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
How much dairy do you Dukaners eat? Does it stall you? I've been eating Dukan style for awhile now, but am feeling pretty bloated and am wondering if the dairy might be the problem.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
How much dairy do you Dukaners eat? Does it stall you? I've been eating Dukan style for awhile now, but am feeling pretty bloated and am wondering if the dairy might be the problem.
I eat a LOT of dairy in the form of home cultured yogurt, cotage cheese & Kefir + lots of eggs, fish & coconut. It seems to agree with me but everyone's body is different. Try to avoid the dairy for a week then add it back & note any changes. BTW- my dairy is 2% or less!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies and thanks for the friendly welcome. Obviously I don't have a history with this group yet, but I'm so glad to hear about Amber's success. Sounds like Dukan really worked for her.

As for the dairy question, I don't eat much of it other than whey protein, as it does seem to make me stall. I suspect the salt content of cheese might have something to do with it though. I seem to have the most luck with unsalted fish, lean red meat and egg whites - not the most fun diet ever, but almost like a magic formula for me and relatively easy to stick to.

Today's menu:
whey protein shakes made with almond breeze and stevia
black tea with almond breeze
lean beef cubes stewed until tender, no salt or seasonings
lamb roast, lean parts only, no salt or seasonings
LOTS of water
supplements

I'm not eating the oat bran right now since I don't seem to lose as easily when I eat it, so right now my diet is more like Stillman's QWL. I'm also not having any digestive issues; if they develop I'll take some psyllium with lots of water.

No exercise today unless you count taking the day "off" from work and volunteering at my son's school for almost 7 hours (kindergarten). How do teachers do this every day?!

Last edited by paleopaleo; 10-12-2011 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: edited for clarity
Old 10-13-2011, 03:54 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: batwing
Stats: 239/231/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 2/2/2014
Good morning everyone, I started Dukan on Monday

On Monday I was 210, where I had been stalled around a month. This morning I weighed in at 207.6! I'm doing a 5 day attack and then I think 5/5 after that, although 1/1 looks pretty tempting too. My goal weight is 155 so I have a way to go.

Today's meal plan is:

B: Coffee, Eggs
L: FF Yogurt, 2 steamed chicken bratwurst with mustard
D: Meatloaf (I make mine with just beef, ground pork, onion, garlic, worcestershire, eggs, and seasonings. No breadcrumbs or ketchup... although now I'm wondering if oat bran would be a good binder )

For dessert I've been having part skim ricotta with a little bit of vanilla extract and splenda, but most days I haven't been hungry enough for it.

So far Dukan has been awesome, it almost feels like when I first did Atkins and my body just switched over and lost like crazy. I've been doing Atkins so long that eating induction level was still too much, this shake up is just what I needed.

Bear in mind that you should conduct yourself in life as at a feast. -Epictetus

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people.
-Orson Welles
batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies! from yesterdays attack day I'm down 2.6lbs wahoo. I don't eat much dairy ,but I never really have.

Hope the funeral goes as well as it can.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:54 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hi everyone. I have not weighed myself since last week, we had a tragedy happen, my dear friend was killed in a motorcycle accident. I am trying to hard to keep a grip on what I am putting in my mouth at this time... just shell shocked.
Motorcycle crash kills Hopatcong woman, 47 | Daily Record | dailyrecord.com
I wonder how much damage I have done to myself in the last few days. I now have to help sort through her belongings.. I feel invasive. Please say a prayer for her, and for me to stay on track. I think I will weigh in tomorrow or Sat it is also that T.O.M for me, so I am all out of whack.
On a happier note, here is a great recipe I found on the hungry girl, and changing the sugar to splenda, would it be appropriate for PV days?
1 tbsp. reduced-sodium/lite soy sauce
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
6 oz. raw lean top sirloin beefsteak, thinly sliced (see HG Tip!)
1 1/2 cups fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion

Directions:
Combine soy sauce with cornstarch in a medium bowl and stir to dissolve. Add garlic, sugar, red pepper flakes, and ginger, and mix well. Add beef and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.

Bring a large skillet (with a lid) sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add egg substitute and scramble until cooked, 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Remove skillet from heat. If needed, wash and dry. Spray with nonstick spray and return to medium-high heat. Add broccoli florets and 2 tbsp. water to the skillet. Cover and cook until broccoli florets have slightly softened, 4 - 5 minutes.

Add snap peas, bell pepper, and onion to the skillet with the broccoli. Stirring occasionally, continue to cook (uncovered) until veggies are just tender, about 5 minutes.

Add beef and all of the soy sauce mixture to the skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes, until beef is just cooked through.

Add the egg scramble to the skillet, toss to combine, and continue to cook until hot, about 1 minute. Divide and chew!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Last edited by Purrcy'smom; 10-13-2011 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: give credit
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

theoretical Dukan question

Hi All- another note from me- wondering, in the book, Dr. Dukan says sometimes you come to a place where you need to just... maintain and restart, so that you don't undo all the good you have done... I am wondering, is this a slippery slope? or would it be feasible to have lost 21 lbs, maintain there through the consolidation phase then start again in a month or two? Or would I be doing more damage than good? I would prefer to just keep going, but I think I may have gotten convoluted and just made every day a PV day.. I have to find a way to reign it in and get disciplined again- any pointers or helpful tips? thanks so much ladies. Just going through so much stress, Dad has leukemia, my cat had major surgery, my friend now passed suddenly, school- everything- like we all have. I should stop being a crybaby now. I realize. Thank you for the sounding board....
Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

I also have a question: one of the site has worcestshire sauce as part of a recipe. Can we have that and if so when? It seems like I've asked this before ,but I can't find it.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi All- another note from me- wondering, in the book, Dr. Dukan says sometimes you come to a place where you need to just... maintain and restart, so that you don't undo all the good you have done... I am wondering, is this a slippery slope? or would it be feasible to have lost 21 lbs, maintain there through the consolidation phase then start again in a month or two? Or would I be doing more damage than good? I would prefer to just keep going, but I think I may have gotten convoluted and just made every day a PV day.. I have to find a way to reign it in and get disciplined again- any pointers or helpful tips? thanks so much ladies. Just going through so much stress, Dad has leukemia, my cat had major surgery, my friend now passed suddenly, school- everything- like we all have. I should stop being a crybaby now. I realize. Thank you for the sounding board....
I will pray. I hope you month gets better. As for the question I think it depends on what you can handle. If you find yourself cheating more then it may be best to go to the next phase. I was in that boat and got off track for a while ,but back now. I will tell you though once you are off it is VERY hard to get back on. at least it was for me. vent anytime that is what we are here for.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
I will pray. I hope you month gets better. As for the question I think it depends on what you can handle. If you find yourself cheating more then it may be best to go to the next phase. I was in that boat and got off track for a while ,but back now. I will tell you though once you are off it is VERY hard to get back on. at least it was for me. vent anytime that is what we are here for.
thank you so much!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi everyone. I have not weighed myself since last week, we had a tragedy happen, my dear friend was killed in a motorcycle accident. I am trying to hard to keep a grip on what I am putting in my mouth at this time... just shell shocked.
I'm so sorry for your loss Purrcy. You must be so sad right now. Our family went through a similar tragedy two months ago and I have to admit, I did reach for comfort food to help me get through it. I hope you have some emotional support you can count on during this difficult time.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies. I think I overdid it a little on the treadmill today and ate too few calories overall. I felt really hungry, cold and exhausted by 5pm, which is the complete opposite of how I normally feel when doing Dukan or Stillmans. I'm probably just too determined to fit into my regular clothes again asap since I don't want to spend any more money on new stuff that will soon (here's hoping!) be too big anyway. Sigh.

Anyway, other than feeling a bit out of sorts, the day generally went quite well.

Today's menu:
multiple whey protein shakes with unsweetened almond breeze and stevia
lean stewed beef
water, water and more water
supplements

In a few days I will add in some green juice and veggies every other day. In the meantime I'm just holding on and tossing back those vitamins. Hope everyone else is keeping the faith
Old 10-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

sounds like a good menu!

Tomorrow should be my last attack day. So here is my problem and why I am thinking of doing 5/5. Tuesday, Wed, and Friday I have plans with food so I need those to be my PV days. My concern is doing 5 days of PP after. I have been doing this since May 31st ,but around mid- August it all went downhill. I am back and going strong down 3.4lbs and only 1.2lbs from getting back to virgin weight loss. Any advice on what I should do?
Old 10-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

hmmm I would find it very hard spyder monkey to do those 5 straight days regularly.....maybe try the 2 /2 rythym during those special occasion weeks?

@ Amber- checked FB- dang girl, you look great. So beautiful.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleopaleo View Post
Hi Ladies. I think I overdid it a little on the treadmill today and ate too few calories overall. I felt really hungry, cold and exhausted by 5pm, which is the complete opposite of how I normally feel when doing Dukan or Stillmans. I'm probably just too determined to fit into my regular clothes again asap since I don't want to spend any more money on new stuff that will soon (here's hoping!) be too big anyway. Sigh.

Anyway, other than feeling a bit out of sorts, the day generally went quite well.

Today's menu:
multiple whey protein shakes with unsweetened almond breeze and stevia
lean stewed beef
water, water and more water
supplements

In a few days I will add in some green juice and veggies every other day. In the meantime I'm just holding on and tossing back those vitamins. Hope everyone else is keeping the faith
Hi paleo, maybe you need a little more real natural form proteins like eggs or cottage cheese? Also, I use the chocolate whey- are any of yours flavored? you must be having your oat bran, correct? Have you seen the recipe for the breakfast bowl one of the great gals on here posted? It is FAST and amazing. I am going to make one right now! this is faster than the galette/ pancake, and you can make it with egg whites or one egg and one white...e tc. I add pumpkin pie spice and LOOKOUT! enjoy babe. I wish I could remember who to give credit to for it- sorry ladies!

2 eggs

1 heaping TB Greek yogurt
or FF cream cheese
2 Tb oat bran

1/2 tsp cinnamon

2 Pkg Splenda or some stevia

1/4 tsp vanilla or almond extract, optional.

Mix everthing together in a cereal bowl. Use a fork and blend it well. Cook one minute in the microwave. Take out and stir well again with a fork. Cook one more minute and let set just a little. Top should still be a little moist looking. I top with about a TB of Sugar free syrup or another sprinkle of Splenda and cinnamon.