Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Morning all,

I have been cooking for day and have no food in my house (except cake) and don't get paid until Tuesday. Hum. This will be fun.....

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
L - green bean casserole & side salad 8pts 10carbs
S - garlic crackers 4pts 12carbs
D - cheese burger 8pts 2carbs
S - small piece of cake 3pts 8carbs

Total = 25pts, 34carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Since low fat diets became all the rage we as a notion have become obese, that is why I still question some WW principals.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Morning all,

I have been cooking for day and have no food in my house (except cake) and don't get paid until Tuesday. Hum. This will be fun.....

Menu:
L - green bean casserole & side salad 8pts 10carbs
S - garlic crackers 4pts 12carbs
D - cheese burger 8pts 2carbs
S - small piece of cake 3pts 8carbs

Total = 25pts, 34carbs
It may not be low carb or WW but I bet you have something in the cupboards, leave it to the kids they will make a meal of cake and ??? Can you scrounge up enough to make some soup? BTW good morning Pam
Old 11-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee744 View Post
Since low fat diets became all the rage we as a notion have become obese, that is why I still question some WW principals.
I really liked the WW exchange. I don't know why but I found that so easy to follow. I wasn't in WW then, but deceased hubby's aunt was and she gave me a copy of the plan. You had x# of certain food groups. I would save the oil and starchy foods for certain menus and I might get some things all in one meal, but I never ate more than the specified #s of each food group each day and the great thing was that I not only enjoyed it, but it worked for me. I never felt like I was on a diet. We didn't have to count calories, pts or carbs etc. I thought it was the best WW plan they had. But I have to say that the point plus seems to working well for me too. I love the idea of most of the fruits and veggies being 0 pts and the fact that a lot of the protein foods are lower pts. On the flex pts, the wrong foods were low pts and I ended up eating so much junky foods with no nutrition in order to get my pts in and I was constantly starving. Now, I'm finding that I can eat pretty much what I want and I go longer between meals/eating because I'm more satisfied. I just don't get hungry and usually what I am hungry for is healthy. So I'm thinking they have got some things right this time. I actually like Sunday to be my WI day and I'm happy to say that I've dropped 3 of the 5 lbs I gained T-day.

pcaltman - Hope you can find something in the cupboard that you can eat. I agree with Dee. It may not be LC and may not be exactly WW but at least you are counting and staying within your pts. I commend you. From what I've read so far, you are faithful to what you do and do such a great job with the way you eat that I am sure you will do well.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
May I come back in and join the group? I have been off plan for about 6 weeks or so, I think, and have gained back about 11 pounds. Figured I would start again after Halloween, then after Thanksgiving, you know how that goes. Well, no more. I downloaded a points plus app onto my phone this afternoon, already have some healthy choices in the house, and am ready to climb back onto the wagon.
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

srsmom - Welcome back. I'm new here too and look forward to getting to know you. It isn't always easy to stay OP. Example, today wasn't my best day, but tomorrow is another day. It is a process. I also like the idea of eating what you need to for fuel and eat only until satisfied. We can do this. Catch you tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:15 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Ok hubby and I broke down and ran to the store to get a few things, Jalapenos & ground beef. Had just enough pocket change until payday

Menu:
B - 2 eggs & cheese 7pts 2carbs
L - cream cheese peppers 2pts 6carbs
D - chili 8pts 8carbs
S - 3 crackers 2pts 6carbs

Total = 21pts, 24carbs
Old 11-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #248
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: slmn12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I think that's why my WW/low carb combo is working, last time doing just low carb I was eating only low carb foods but the portions were big (I think the "full" button in my brain is broken ). I agree though, do whatever you can that works...
Hi Becky,
I'm new here. Name's Carol. Your comment about the full button in your brain being broken is truer than you may thing. I was reading something recently about hormones that effect your hunger, and there IS a hormone that effects the message to your brain that you are full, but some people, especially overweight people, don't produce enough of this hormone. This is why a lot of people say they are better off not to start eating at all because once they start eating they can't stop before they are overstuffed. The message just doesn't get to the brain.

Carol
slmn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Carol and welcome back srsmom, it is hard to stay on plan.

Thanksgiving was an off day for me, back on the next day. Weighed in Sun and was back down the 2 I had gained, so feel like I am treading water but did not gain thanksgiving week so that is good.

After reading about the new changes in the plan for the new year I may drop my points to 26 it would more coinside with around 1400-1500 calories. We will see what all changes are coming Shari have you gotten for full update yet or is it the 4th or 7th?

Pam glad you found change and made it to the store!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:46 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Carol - Welcome. I wondered if you found us here. Glad you found you're here. You might want to read the previous messages on this thread if you haven't. I'm still reading them, but what I've read so far has been helpful.

Pam - So glad you were able to find some change to get what you need.

Dee - I find that interesting about them lowering the pts to 26. When I'm behaving myself and OP, I usually have to push for the 29.

I paid for my slurge yesterday with a temporary water gain from the salty chips I caved in and ate. I was so at myself. Haven't a clue why I did this. But what is done is done and I am OP today and one of the things I am doing is trashing the chips. They are a whole grain chip, but obviously not something I can handle. I also wrote out my plan in advance today which I don't usually do. I usually eat and count as I go and when I get to the 29 pts, stop. However, I noticed lately that I end up forgetting what I wanted to eat and just grab something that can be eaten on the run. I don't think the chips are a bad thing, but I've learned that some things that are okay for some else just isn't okay for me. I'm into salads and fish right now so I'm taking advantage of it.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Welcome aboard, Patty & Carol! And welcome back, srsmom! Glad our little crew is hanging in there--and growing! We're sure gonna need each other to get through the holidays unscathed...sigh.

Well, my Thanksgiving was great, and OMG did I ever take a free day! Friday and part of Saturday, too! I was sick with some sort of congestion thing, so you'd think I would want to lay off food, but no such luck. (grumble, grumble) But I'm trying to get my act back together. My meeting is on Wednesday, so I guess I'll find out then if any damage was done. Our meeting was canceled last week, so I've got two weeks' worth to deal with. Today, I do NOT feel any lighter. But I DO feel like I want to get back on plan. I feel a lot better when I'm on it.

Pam, I hear you on the turkey! Ours was 20 lbs, plus I had a 12-lb ham, but we had almost no turkey leftovers. Ham, yes, and I'll definitely put that to good use. But I don't even have enough turkey to do tetrazzini or anything! Dang! Were we THAT big a pigs or what?? Sheesh.

So.....I'll check back in tomorrow.

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
Thanks, ladies. Today started out OP, and then I got into the leftovers at lunch and did not weigh or measure. I will do better tomorrow.
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is a new day. Didn't do wonderful yesterday and I am determined to end November and start December OP. I seem to be bouncing around with some lbs and I AM NOT going to go into December with a gain. I have to go back to doc in Jan for 3 mos check and I plan to be down or at least where I was when there last time.

I am caught up with the reading of this thread and I learned a lot. I see some of you do Atkins or similar and others just do a lower carb. This shows me that it can be done. So here I go headed today in the right direction. I know I will be in a process of learning what does and does not work for me, but I will mainly work at staying within the 29 points. I don't think I will switch to the 26 pts until I have to lower the pts to lose. Will have to see how that one goes. Will save my weekly pts for eating out or special occasions or those days when I want a little extra.

Thanks guys for being here. I'm learning a lot from y'all.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

He he he, I am making another turkey for Sunday dinner

Menu:
B - 1/2 cup green bean casserole 4pts 5carbs
L - 1/2 cup green bean casserole & 1/4 cornbread stuffing 6pts 15carbs
D - pot roast 10pts 0carbs
D - side salad 4pts 4carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 28pts, 28carbs

A little high on the carbs because of the stuffing, but oh well.

Patty - I make my menu in the am after I get all the kids out of the house. That way if I am hungry I just look at my chart and see what I have set up for snack or lunch so I stay close to plan. It takes a few minutes, but I alway know what I can eat that way and I am less likely to grab and go. It does help.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Pam, nice catch on the turkey's!

Shari, sorry you did not feel well and still had a good holiday.

Patty, it is a process, I started WW with the idea of being low carbish, now I am just working the plan not worrying about the carbs. Didn't you say you are diabetic? If so you may have to watch the carb consumption some. It is a process to see what works for you, that is why I have double tracked on *********, it has really help me see where my downfalls are. Along with my carb,fat and protein percentages.
Have a great week everyone.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Welcome, Carol!

I've been holiday busy, and that will probably continue, but I weighed in at my meeting just now, and had lost 2 lbs over Thanksgiving, having eaten a 29 pt meal!

I will continue on, staying moderate carbs, and working on my activity points especially during the holidays.

I stay moderate carbs as per my doctor's recommendations, and am finding moderate carbs are working better for me than low carbs. I get my carbs fom fruits and veggies.

Glad to see the group growing!

My meeting said the new plan is rolled out next week. Know nothing about lowering points. It will be interesting. The literature is pointing more towards the activity end of the program.

So is indefinite, can the points go lower?

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

On the U.K board they can go down to 26 if they are not losing, but the weeklies also drop they said, can't confirm. Simply filling will be able to be used when you want, all the time or a few days a week, not sure how that will work.

Have heard that they will be doing something with activity, stressing you do more. And rumor of lifetime getting free e tools. So there are all the rumors to date. Let us know that facts next week gals! It is almost too funny reading all the guessing going on and they are all worried. It will be whatever it is.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice Pam and Dee. Magnamater CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lb loss over the holiday. That is a great accomplishment. You should be really proud of yourself. I'm hopeing for something similar by the end of the year when I go back to the doctor.

Srsmom - I know those darn leftovers didn't help me either. Seemed to really call my name. DD's family has their refridgerator and we have ours so I put them in their fridge... OUT OF SITE OUT OF MIND. I sure hope I'm stronger by Christmas.

So far so good today. Took y'alls advice and made my list this morning. Am going more for a moderate low carb. I also am planning for a few pts for this evening. Pam, I noticed that your breakfast everyday is coffee. I never ate breakfast growing up until I went to college and I went to live with my aunt. Later, I stopped eating breakfast again until I married my second husband (now deceased) and he ate 3 meals+ a day. And of course, diets push breakfast. I got up this morning and had a cup of coffee with my 1 carb 0 pt creamer and Stevia. I did eat breakfast but not until I got hungry.

Intuitive Eating says eat when you are hungry and eat what you really want and savor it and stop when you are satisfied. This is a little like core. I take care of DH's DGS during the week and he eats breakfast, more like brunch, with me so we had (each) a slice of cheese toast made with double fiber bread and some yogurt mixed with 1/2 banana and 1/2 c blueberries. I had another cup of coffee and he had juice. I wasn't hungry again until DH got up around 1ish and we had creamed chipped beef w/biscuits (his favorite) and I added broccoli to mine. I've had an apple for a snack and will have one of my WW dinners with a salad later. This may come to around 25 -29 pts depending on what I decide to put on the salad. I will allow for the mayo for the salad if I want it which will bring the day to the 29 pts which means that I may also end up using about 3 of my weekly pts if I need it later.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:03 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

I have coffee every AM. I am not a big breafast person, it makes me sick to my stomach unfortunately, always has. I usually eat around 9-10 am and call that breakfast. So my day looks mostly like this:

7:00 am coffee
9:30 am breakfast
1:00 pm lunch
3:00 pm snack (pop, tea or something, kids get home from school then)
6:00 pm dinner
8:30 pm snack (tea, jello, water, 1/2 cup coffee)
Old 11-30-2011, 05:50 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone,

This is working. I'm back down to where I was before Thanksgiving. I ended up with 35 pts yesterday. It really felt great to get up this morning and see the scales back down. Now to just move forward or maybe I should say downward. LOL

Thanks Pam for sharing your eating schedule. It helps.

I did eat breakfast with my coffee this morning. For one thing I found out that our SIL is off today and he has the baby so I slept in a little bit and then I think I'll go have my nails done this morning.

Hope everyone is doing well today.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is premature, since we don't have the new plan, but what do you think about an activity challenge when we know more? We can make it specific to WW, or something like 30 for 30, (30 minutes a day for 30 days) or 45 for 45, or "Let's get to 49!" meaning points.

I know it is difficult during the holidays, but it is such a stress reliever, besides making the plan work so much better. I don't love exercise, but it loves me!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Hey, gang, only have a minute to check in, but it sounds like everybody's doing great!! I weighed in today and was up 1.6. Not what I wanted, but considering how I ate over the holiday (and failed to track several days), I'll take it! AND....when all the gunk is coughed up from my sickness, that 1.6 may be history! (I even asked my leader if there was a formula for figuring "snot" weight. Couldn't resist, since my head's been full of it!)

Anyway, back on track and tracking today. Feels good just to be paying attention again. I didn't go hog wild over Thanksgiving, but I was off enough to feel it, so it's time to get back on the wagon. Christmas is coming, and I want to at least hit 20 lbs gone by then!!! That's just 4 lbs, including today's gain, so I think that's a doable goal.

Hope you all have a great day! Will try to get back and really read everything tomorrow. It's just one of those days at the office..............
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:05 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
This is premature, since we don't have the new plan, but what do you think about an activity challenge when we know more? We can make it specific to WW, or something like 30 for 30, (30 minutes a day for 30 days) or 45 for 45, or "Let's get to 49!" meaning points.

I know it is difficult during the holidays, but it is such a stress reliever, besides making the plan work so much better. I don't love exercise, but it loves me!
Are you kidding, I would die! How bout 10 for 10, I might make that ! We bought the dance 3 for the wii and I can't make it through one song, talk about out of shape! I cheated and weighed today and was down to 160, we will see if it was a blip or stays for the week,

Shari, that is not bad for all the eating everyone did. The only reason I did not gain is dinner was not here and neither were the leftovers!

Glad everyone is hanging in there.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dee, when I started 2 mos ago I did my elliptical in 5 minute sessions! So I get it. But I could walk or ride a bike for longer, so it wouldn't have to be heavy duty! Sometimes, I even count housework. Lol. not really on my activity points, but ya know. . .

Just shakin' things up around here because I really want to get back to my true self, underneath all this "water weight!!!". As if!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 AM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Still hanging in here.....Question?????

Is everybody staying to the 20carbs induction (or at least trying) or have you all upped it a bit to 30-40carbs? Just wondering. Most days I am running around 30 now and wondering if I should move back down to 20 for a week or so.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning,

Can you believe it is December already. I did end November and start December with the scales moving downward. My weight shot up greatly because of my 2 days of eating during Thanksgiving. I sure should have been using WW PP during this time. I had gained about 5 or 6 lbs, but my weight is back down this morning as I dropped another 1/2 lb. I love this as I haven't been able to lose in a while. I guess it just takes finding how to make it work for yourself. I am one of those people who used to love combining the Flex/Core plans and was doing great on it until I joined WW online and got everyone was bickering over it and I didn't do good because I started adding a lot of junk 1 pt foods. I'm not looking for a way to legally cheat, I was looking for healthy. I don't think I will change anything right now. I do want to eventually add exercise to my plan when I get the food thing working. At the moment I might could do about 10 or 15 minutes a day. At the moment my house is wall to wall stuff because DH daughter and her family live here and I lost my exercise area. I'm not quite sure where to find the space to exercise which I have been trying to figure out since they moved in here in July. I do have a stationary bike and for some reason I absolutely hate riding the thing. I will have to really have to think this through before deciding to join the challenge because I know I will not be able to commit to 30 minutes on that thing. I might could do 10 minutes on it to start with. I've heard of the people on another site who love doing walkitout with the wii and would love to have one but haven't been able to talk DH into getting one yet.

Another thing I love about WW is that you can save weekly pts for special occasions. DGS birthday is Sunday and he wants to go to Ryan's after church. I have no problem staying OP with meat and veggies, but I love carrot cake and I only eat it when we go to Ryan's. So now I can save some of my WP for the carrot cake. I used to buy the WW CC but it didn't work because at 1 pt a little cake, would become 2 or 3. So another one of those things I don't buy any more. I love potato chips and can have them on WW, but I do well for a while, but they are a weakness for me and I end up eating too many, so I don't purchase them any more.

Have a great day!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:50 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Morning Pam, I never even tried to stay at 20 carbs and do WW, I know that is what we were looking for in the beginning but WW is not geared for low carb. Yes you can stay lower, but I have not. I am still averaging 80-150 grams a day mostly form fruits and vegs and POPCORN, but still losing and not feeling deprived of anything.
I do try to stay at 25-34 pts a day and my calories 1300-1600 with 1400 target. I have about 20 to lose so maybe it is still coming off without really dropping the carbs down.
Maybe since you within a pound or two of your goal it is harder or maybe this is where your body is comfortable, you look great.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Dee, when I started 2 mos ago I did my elliptical in 5 minute sessions! So I get it. But I could walk or ride a bike for longer, so it wouldn't have to be heavy duty! Sometimes, I even count housework. Lol. not really on my activity points, but ya know. . .

Just shakin' things up around here because I really want to get back to my true self, underneath all this "water weight!!!". As if!
I can't commit to 30 days of anything as I work 12-13 hour shifts a few days a week. And only doing the plan without much exercise until after the first of the year. I am walking some when I get a chance, it is just too nuts in Dec. But I will be here to encourage you!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:58 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Pam, are your stats correct? If so just work at maintaining. I am shorter than you and at 128 or whatever it is I would look ill from being too thin.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:06 AM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Yep they are right. Don't worry though. It's hard to explain, figures are very different for all women. I am tall and very big boned. I hold my weight well so if I gain or lose 20-30 pounds people don't really notice. Not a good thing though. I probably look my best at 135-140. I still have more to go before I get to that weight. I really am not in any big rush to lose it in the next few months. I would rather see the scale go down a few pounds a month and eat well. If you know what I mean? Slow and steady wins the race right