Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 172/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all, Keep up the good work.....

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
L - chicken salad 12pts 2carbs
S - almonds 5pts 3carbs
D - italian bake(1/4) 26pts 9carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 47pts (took some extra pts today), 18carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
What a shocker for me, first full week of counting points and I am down 4.5 to 161.5 yeah!!!! The first week of learning and being over pts and I was down 2.
I have been at 29 pts a day less a few days more 2 days. Did not worry about carbs and ran about 100-125 day, higher than I would like but getting used to WW first carbs will come. Have not seen this number on a scale in way to long. Loving WW so far.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:21 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Dee that's great

Menu:
L - italian bake(1/4) 26pts 9carbs
D - pot roast 5pts 0carbs
D - sauteed green beans 1pts 7carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
S - chips & salsa 2pts 3carbs (was still hungry after dinner so ate a few)

Total = 38pts, 23 carbs (A little high on pts so dipping into my 45 extra)
Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Wow, great job, Dee!! I have to say, I don't even count carbs. I just pay attention to them. It shocks me that WW works, considering how carb-sensitive I tend to be. But as long as I just keep an eye on them and don't go overboard, things are good. I actually have a history of allergies to many carbs (wheat, corn, potatoes, rice), but they've also been craving triggers for me forever--binge foods for me. Weird how your body works, isn't it? Add sugar addiction to that, and it's a wonder I'm not heavier than I am now.

Well, we had a totally CRAZY night here in OKC last night. Thunderstorm raging outside, tornado watches all around, and then we had another EARTHQUAKE, to boot. Insane. We had a 5.6 quake on Saturday night around 11 pm. Last night's hit at 8:45 and was 4.7. I know it doesn't compare to those in Calif, but they're happening more and more right now. We're used to tornadoes. At least you get some WARNING with them. With earthquakes? Not so much! This year, we had two blizzards, huge ice storms, the hottest summer on record, swarms of tornadoes (more records), and now it's earthquakes. Cracy, crazy, crazy!! I'm ready for 2011 to go away!

Before the ground shook last night, I tried the onion-as-pasta thing for dinner. It was great! I sliced an onion into rings and cut the rings so they cooked into strands. Sauteed in a bit of olive oil, then added a can of drained mushrooms. Topped with sauce (1 pt/cup) and lots of parmesan. Saving the points I normally would have used for pasta let me add lots of cheese AND a breadstick on the side. Yay! Very filling, tasty, satisfying dinner, and the whole meal was only 7 points. I'll definitely do the onion thing again.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
Wow, great job, Dee!! I have to say, I don't even count carbs. I just pay attention to them. It shocks me that WW works, considering how carb-sensitive I tend to be. But as long as I just keep an eye on them and don't go overboard, things are good. I actually have a history of allergies to many carbs (wheat, corn, potatoes, rice), but they've also been craving triggers for me forever--binge foods for me. Weird how your body works, isn't it? Add sugar addiction to that, and it's a wonder I'm not heavier than I am now.

Well, we had a totally CRAZY night here in OKC last night. Thunderstorm raging outside, tornado watches all around, and then we had another EARTHQUAKE, to boot. Insane. We had a 5.6 quake on Saturday night around 11 pm. Last night's hit at 8:45 and was 4.7. I know it doesn't compare to those in Calif, but they're happening more and more right now. We're used to tornadoes. At least you get some WARNING with them. With earthquakes? Not so much! This year, we had two blizzards, huge ice storms, the hottest summer on record, swarms of tornadoes (more records), and now it's earthquakes. Cracy, crazy, crazy!! I'm ready for 2011 to go away!

Before the ground shook last night, I tried the onion-as-pasta thing for dinner. It was great! I sliced an onion into rings and cut the rings so they cooked into strands. Sauteed in a bit of olive oil, then added a can of drained mushrooms. Topped with sauce (1 pt/cup) and lots of parmesan. Saving the points I normally would have used for pasta let me add lots of cheese AND a breadstick on the side. Yay! Very filling, tasty, satisfying dinner, and the whole meal was only 7 points. I'll definitely do the onion thing again.

Hope you all have a great day!!
The weather this year has been so strange everywhere. Who would have thought of earthquakes in OK. There have even been a couple here in TX along with drought and extreme heat.

Yes, 2011 and its extremes can definitely go away.

The onion as pasta sounds good. I usually use cabbage or Sp. squash but i think I'll try onion though it is a higher carb vegetable.

Carolyn
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

WOW, you are having a weather week! Can you say STRESSSSSSS. Sounds like you are doing great in spite of it.
That onion pasta sounds great I just can't eat onions anymore but sure do love them.

WW shocks me too, I think a lot of my big drop was that I had been stuck for a month and maybe it was time and the change kind of shook things up and turned it lose, FINALLY.
That is me on carbs too, just kind of keeping an eye and not turning myself loose on a potato/pasta/ice cream binge.

It was a great way to start, now plan on .5 to 1 a week and we are good. i am hoping to get through the holidays without gain or loss but to maintain (yeah right) so will see how it goes.
Here's to a good week for us all!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:22 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Yesterday was hard. I was out and about trying to find a new car for us and in a time crunch with sports and car pools. Oh well,

Menu:
L - chicken salad 6pts 1carbs
S - 1 piece of bread 2pts 6carbs
D - whopper w/cheese 18pts 51carbs
D - diet pop 0pts 1carbs

Total = 28pts, 61 carbs

I guess I didn't do that bad..... Have a great day.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jake&Loo
Hi everyone,

In a terrible place. Slowly stopping the bingeing. I don't have a job right now and I have too much time to spend in my head. I know that as tough as it is eating right, it will always be worse if I overeat or eat the wrong things. I have to get out of this! Great work, everyone-pcal, you seem so in control! What do you mean when you write "hwc"? You seem to keep it all so simple.. Do you struggle with cravings or...well, do you struggle?
Jake&Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Hi jake&Loo, I think you need a hug and yes I struggle everyday, but it's worth it in the end.

hwc = heavy whipping cream.

Even though I am doing WW I will not buy fat free stuff. It's proceesed and expensive and just not natural. I try very hard to eat just basic things : eggs, chicken, salads or veggies. I do have some cravings, but keeping things low carb really helps to keep them down. We have one income and a family of 6 (3 teen boys), plus I am taking care of my disabled parents. Money is alway tight, but making things work. After my surgery in Jan I had lots of time sitting around healing. I decided to jump head first into learning something new. Got on the computer, went to the library got books on budgeting, finance, frugal living, crock pot meals all sorts of thing. Not only did I learn tons, filling up the day, I also changed how my family spends money and we are now well on our way paying off debt and someday I will be rich

1. Do little things like reworking your budget
2. Read, read, read. Learn, learn, learn (Dave Ramsey is a great start)
3. Try new recipes
4. Give yourself a challange (like only spending $25 for the week for food) Trust me you become very creative and you find you eat healthier and save tons of money.
5. Buy only fresh foods and veggies and meats and make meals out of them. (only on sale of course)

You can do this. Take one day at a time. If you slip, just pick yourself up and move onto the next day. If you look at the whole year of trying and mess up sometimes you will see most of the days were good ones. It will average out. I am here if you need.

Ps, I just slipped myself and ate 1/4 cup chocolate chips Oh well, but they were very yummy.....

Pam

Last edited by pcaltman; 11-09-2011 at 11:18 AM..
Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Hugs coming from over here, too, Jake&Loo. Sorry you're having a tough time. My DH was out of work twice in 3 years--once for almost a whole year--so I know what that can do to your motivation and mood. Pam's advice is fantastic!! I also love reading a blog called moneysavingmom dot com. She has tons of ways of dealing with debt, saving money, and keeping priorities straight. It's not easy. But lean on us if you need us. If nothing else, we'll be here to listen...

Weigh-in today: down 1.8 for a total of 14.8 in six weeks. Average 2.1/week. What astounds me is that normally, I lose fast at first, taper off and then come to a dead stop--then fall off the wagon. This is much more gradual--but steady (so far). I'm eating things I never dreamed I could eat and still lose, but it's just working somehow. Hoping I've developed some new habits that will help out over the holidays. It always seems like Thanksgiving through New Year's is just one long binge...ugh.

Pam, look at how you did the choc chips. You measured them! And I bet you counted them, too! That's not cheating or even slipping. That's working the plan. Count 'em, eat 'em and move on. You're doing great!

Hope everybody has a great day...be back tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Shari on the steady on weight loss. Jake and Loo, sorry you are having a very rough time (((hug))) try to keep yourself busy and Pam had great ideas. Pam WTG girl I admire you staying power! Had a bad day myself yesterday, could not sleep last night so watched a lot of TV and ate a lot of popcorn, Shari, you are right I counted it and am moving on.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks everybody. I have been through hard times and have done my fair share of crying over the last few years, trust me. But things do get better.

Shinok - I love money saving mom too. Hillbilly house wife & $5 dollar dinners and tons of other. Love then, love them. Great ideas even if you don't use all of them.

I will have to add my chocolate chips to the menu and calculate ww/lc. They were still yummy......

Dee- we can do this
Old 11-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning

Down to 155, getting there.

Menu:
B -2 eggs, cheese 7pts 2carbs
L - cottage cheese 3pts 5carbs
D - garlic lime chicken & side salad 10pts 2carbs
S - 1/2 cup coffee,hwc,splenda 1pts 1carbs

Total = 23pts, 12 carbs
Old 11-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Good job, Pam! And I have to say I'm impressed that you're keeping the carbs so low. I probably don't get close to that low with mine. Might be good for me to try that one of these days just to shake things up. Heck, I might NEED to after Thanksgiving!

Got a crazy-long, seriously boring project dropped on me that has to turn around ASAP, so my nose will be stuck in a stack of papers all day. Maybe tomorrow, too. Sigh. But, I guess it's not worth complaining about.

Have a great day!!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, whoops forgot to add my little cheat of chocolate chips. I also have been feel very sick yesterday and today or I know I would be nibbling......

2 pts, 9 carbs

Total = 25pts, 21 carbs Still good
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Pam that is great!
I have been tracking on ********* too and my carbs are HIGH!!!! My lowest I think was 85 and highest 140 seem to be averaging 110-120 and that is net. Calories are running around 1200-1500 a day.

Well I did say I would give WW a few months before I go back to LC, I can handle losing slowly just can't handle working that hard and not losing or gaining. I try to stay with daily points only but have hit weeklies a few times. With the holiday get togethers coming up it will make it harder to keep losing or at least maintain.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Dee - take one day at a time. If your good most days then one or two Holidays won't hurt in the end. When I did weight watchers years ago (kept the weight off for 6 years) I would give myself 2 free days a month. Ate whatever I wanted to. So Thanksgiving and the day after were free days, X-mas eve and X-mas were free. Like that. On regular months there is usually only one holiday so then I could go out with hubby or my girls friends.

Menu:
B - 1 egg, cheese 5pts 1.5carbs
L - mock pumpkin cheesecake 2pts 3.5carbs
L - chicken leg 8pts 0carbs
S -peanut butter & oyster crackers 5pts 10carbs

Total = 22pts, 17carbs

Down .5lbs this am
Old 11-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Got a recipe for that mock pumpkin cheesecake????
Old 11-11-2011, 08:01 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Great idea about the free days, Pam. I tend to agree with that, myself. I even think that your body gets too used to a set routine and needs something to shake it up here and there. Every time I've hit a plateau over the years, losing seems to restart after a free day. And it's good for your psyche, too. I'm already planning to use all my 49 points (if necessary) on Thanksgiving Day. No guilt!! Making that my plan. And if I DON'T use them, then it's all good, too. The flexibility really makes this liveable.

Congrats on the half-lb gone, too!! As my mom would say, that's two sticks of butter.

Dee, I always lose best when I eat EVERYTHING--every available point. It's almost like the less I eat, the less I lose. Not everyone is like that, though. I've had times when I wanted SO MUCh to lose, so I cut back, but the losses stopped at the same time. Strange.

Have a happy Veteran's Day!! Thankful for those who serve and have served!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Veteran's Day to my hubby and all who seve and have serves. We love you!!!!!!

Mock Pumpkin Cheesecake

1/2 cup pumpkin
1 (3 oz) cube cream cheese
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 package of splenda

Put in microwave container and microwave on high 40 sec. Stir and enjoy. (doesn't really taste like cheesecake at all, but still yummy for a cold evening with the fireplace going)

I got the recipe from Sugar Free Shelia's site, but added nutmeg. Just taste more like pumpkin pie.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
Great idea about the free days, Pam. I tend to agree with that, myself. I even think that your body gets too used to a set routine and needs something to shake it up here and there. Every time I've hit a plateau over the years, losing seems to restart after a free day. And it's good for your psyche, too. I'm already planning to use all my 49 points (if necessary) on Thanksgiving Day. No guilt!! Making that my plan. And if I DON'T use them, then it's all good, too. The flexibility really makes this liveable.

Congrats on the half-lb gone, too!! As my mom would say, that's two sticks of butter.

Dee, I always lose best when I eat EVERYTHING--every available point. It's almost like the less I eat, the less I lose. Not everyone is like that, though. I've had times when I wanted SO MUCh to lose, so I cut back, but the losses stopped at the same time. Strange.

Have a happy Veteran's Day!! Thankful for those who serve and have served!
Pam, thanks for the recipe!

Shari, do you use all of your weeklies too? I have not been as I have been trying to stay with my 29 and have them in reserve if needed. I have little activity other than house yard work at this point so have tried to stay at the 29 at least for now. But I have used some every week like 3-10. I think I will gain this week as my cals have been in the 1400 range almost all week, but we will see. I weigh sun or mon.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Well after a great first week loss, I am back to normal. I was down .5 to a solid 161 and I pushed my limits all week. Interesting how this works I am sure it will take a good month to get a routine going that will help me to be a little more consistent. I hope everyone had a great week.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Very sick the last few days. Just stopping bye to say hi, before I go to bed for good. See you all tomorrow
Old 11-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you're ailing, Pam. Hope you feel better fast! We've had 2-3 bugs of various kinds going around my work and my DD's school. NO fun at all.

Good job, Dee!! Congrats on the loss! YES....I do use essentially ALL 49 of my "extra" points every week. I get 39/day, and I use at least 45 or more of my extra points no matter what. That's why this sounds SO crazy to me!! In my head, I can't imagine that it would work--but (for now), it does! You would think with all the things I'm eating, even carbs, I would be GAINING. But not so. So strange, but I'm grateful for whatever it is that makes it go!! Sure will make Thanksgiving and Christmas easier.

Had a crazy-busy weekend. Our whole family is in a musical at our church that will run in early December, so we're up to our eyeballs in rehearsals. It's a big, elaborate stage production, and we love doing it. But it sure does take your life away for about six weeks. Maybe it'll keep me away from holiday snacks/treats in the process. AND we're standing/dancing almost every day, so I guess i ought to count some activity points, too.

Hope you have a great Monday!!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:10 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Oh Pam, sorry you are sick, we did the first round of bugs and it was nasty this year. Good idea, just go to bed and take care of yourself.
Shari, thanks if I used all my weeklies I would gain for sure. I have been tracking cals to and at 29 pp I run 1200- 1700 I am all over the place for the same 29 pp. So will have to (after turkey day) really look at what I am eating. We will be in TN for 12 days after the holiday so that will be tough on me too. I will be happy to see jan 1 without a big gain.
Sounds like you guys are having a blast and the show should keep you in check, enjoy it have fun.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Still working on this flue. Just stopped bye to say hi then back to bed again for me I will start posting menu's once I actually have them to post. Mostly just diet 7-up and chicken soup around here for me. Ok maybe a cookie or 2

The musical sound great. Have fun.
Dee - you can do this. I am actually looking forward to thanksgiving a lot. Well not the cooking part, but Thanksgiving day and the day after I let myself have stuffing. I love stuffing, but only have on Thanksgiving or I would eat it all. YUMMY Then I try to eat right the rest of the time. It's hard.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Dee, I never count calories. Never have. Just too many digits for me to handle.

Pam...what a menu! Ugh. But maybe it'll help you feel better faster. Now, go back to bed and dream about that stuffing that's coming your way soon...Maybe that will help you get well!!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Menu:
L - chicken soup 2pts 4carbs
D - beef & pepper stir fry 5pts 5carbs
S - mock pumpkin cheesecake 3pts 3carbs

Total = 12pts, 14carbs

A little low but still sick
Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Glad to see you are among the living Pam, hope you are feeling much better.
Shari, I wanted to track cal/carbs to see what 29 pp really is in cals. So glad I have. If I had been using the 49 plus the 29 I would have been around 1700-2200 a day or more on some days. Yeah I may still lose every now and then, but it would be .1, .1 and more .1 them up .8 etc.

This has been a real eye opener for sure.Like Pam I tend to lose steady, then am stuck for a good while and stuggle with the last 10-20. I will enjoy the holidays and not worry about them and yes I can do this the learning of this program has been very instructional for me to say the least, but I am loving it.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Ok I have had enough. I got worse, what's up with that?????

Menu:
L - double cheese burger 17pts 3carbs
D - side salad, bacon,cheese,dressing 5pts 5carbs

Total = 24pts, 10carbs

Daily weigh in:
Tuesday Nov, 1 = 156.5 (tom)
Wednesday Nov 2 = 157
Thursday, Nov 3 = 157.5
Friday, Nov 4 = 155.5(tom)
Saturday, Nov 5 = 156(tom)
Sunday, Nov 6 = 157 (tom)