Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Well, my 4th weigh in was -10.2, and I'm very happy with that. I would love to keep things moving at 2 lbs, or close to that a week, but that doesn't necessarily happen!!

I will be out of pocket for 3 weeks, on vacation, including a cruise of 16 days. . .I will stay as true to my WOL as possible. There is always broiled chicken and salmon every night (as well as steak, not my best choice) and shrimp cocktail sounds great!

I will let you know how it goes.

Janie
magnamater is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpikersMom
Stats: 180/157/140
WOE: Atkins and primal
Start Date: restart in November 2013
Have fun Janie!! Your vacation sounds like it's gonna be a blast! I've been busy every night this week so I'm trying to catch up with y'all! I ate too much on Saturday watching football, and then had a super stressful Tuesday and ended up eating too much again. I just hope I don't end up gaining any weight this week!
SpikersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:59 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Down the .5lbs I gained the other day. I guess that's good......

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda
L - chicken salad
D - sheppards pie& side salad
S - diet pop
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:25 AM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 230/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Sept. 2014
Have not been following a "plan", just watching portions, will not weigh myself for another week.

Todays menu:

B- Ezekiel toast w cheese
S- grape tomatoes w/ garlic dressing
L- zucchini w/homemade spaghetti sauce
D- 97% fat free weiners w/mustard and maybe turkey chili
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #155
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jake&Loo
Congtatulations to Pam & Janie! Pam, your food sounds so clean disciplined! I don't even want to be weighed at ww this week. I wonder if they'll just me go to the meeting & pay my fee.

How do folks deal with cravings, but you aren't hungry? They're the worst when I'm trying to get the initial crap in my body. That voice in my head gets crabby and starts telling me that keeping track of the carbs & ww points is a pain! It's very easy to convince myself that I can eat moderately and handle this myself. But I know where that leads...
Jake&Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Thank Jake&Loo. I am trying. I also know exactly what you mean about the cravings. It was 11pm last night, wasn't hungry but was dying for something. What did I end up with...a scoop of shepard's pie Still a better choice then ice cream, but really no point eating it I wasn't hungry. I am trying to drink lots of water. Hopefully that will help.

I am think I will have jello, puddings and cheesecake mini's on hand in case. I also will leave a few point to the end of the day because that's when I want to munch.... I am still trying to keep the snacks to LC.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Great job, Janie and Pam!! Yay!! Wow...I'd love to go on a cruise. But it would require some serious restraint! Hope you have a great time!

I save a few points for evening, too. Then I can have something like SF ice cream bar without wanting to eat everything in the house.

Well, it's been a crazy day, and now I'm off to hear my older DD's choral music recital at her college (1 hr away). She made their top choir as a freshman, so she's in heaven!! Can't wait to hear them sing! SO proud of her!

Have a great night, all...I'll check back in the morning.

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:15 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Shinok that's awesome about your daughter Was off a little yesterday even when I had things planned out. Oh well. Have a new plan for today so we will see how things go. Trying.....Have a great day everybody
Old 10-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Pam. The concert was fantastic. The drive home in the dark and the rain was a pain, though! Lots of big trucks kicking up lots of mist. Yuck. But made it home safe.

I just learned that one of my coworkers has signed up for WW online. He loves to cook, and we're already talking about all kinds of recipes and things. Although I have my weekly WW meeting, it'll be nice to have someone I see every day along for the ride with me (besides YOU all--my "imaginary" friends, as some call folks on this board. Ha!)

Lots on tap for the weekend. I've got chili bubbling away in the crock pot and the points already logged--including the sour cream and shredded cheese to go with it. Yummy!!! And, luckily, I have about 38 points plus tucked away in case I trip and fall into a bowl of Halloween candy or something equally as scary! Hope you all have a great weekend!!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:02 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Shinok - I am making chili for tonight It's snowing and just sounded like the thing to do. Chili is a hard one to do WW/LC. If you add more meat it's not low points, if you add more beans is not LC. Oh well, will calculate and add sour cream, cheese and onions on top. Very yummy...
Old 10-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Menu for today:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda
L - chicken salad
D - ham & cheese quiche, side salad

28 points & 12 carbs. I might have cucumbers if I need a snack so carbs would go up but not points. I could also make jello for dessert. Maybe orange for Halloween
Old 10-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Hi all,

Menu for today:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda
L - chicken salad
D - ham & cheese quiche, side salad

28 points & 12 carbs. I might have cucumbers if I need a snack so carbs would go up but not points. I could also make jello for dessert. Maybe orange for Halloween
Does not look like you are eating much at all, unless it is big chicken salad. No SF jello or Carbsmart bar for desert or LC fruit. Or are gong ofr under 30 carbs. i weigh in today for my trial week and official start. will come back and post it if I remember.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee744 View Post
Does not look like you are eating much at all, unless it is big chicken salad. No SF jello or Carbsmart bar for desert or LC fruit. Or are gong ofr under 30 carbs. i weigh in today for my trial week and official start. will come back and post it if I remember.
Well, that will teach to me have more coffee and check spelling! Anyway down 2.5. Going out of town to see an old friend so probably be back where I started this week, but it is ok have not seen her in years.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN..........

Hi,
Yes it is a big chicken salad. Love it. I keeps me all day. I am not a nibbler, love big meals then busy all day. Just works best for me. I did cheat a little last night and have Kettle corn Probably was over both WW and LC in the end. Oh well. The main thing for today is to stay away from the Halloween candy Have a great day....
Old 11-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,
I was very good yesterday. No candy for me Really trying this month. Hope to get below 150. Wish me luck.......
Old 11-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, everybody. My week has just been insane...SO many church, home and work projects to juggle!! Whew, I'm too old for all this activity!

This marks the first week I have used ALL of my points plus. Every last-living one of them!! But, I honestly counted every bite I took, from Halloween candy to ice cream to a few extra bites of this & that, and I just have to keep telling myself that's how this plan is supposed to work. Tomorrow is weigh-in day, so I guess that will tell me how it all pans out.

Today I'm having a lovely taco salad for lunch, complete with sour cream, black olives, shredded cheese and a few crumbled tortilla chips on top. SO yummy, and the fat should carry me through the afternoon. Luckily, I have a nice tart Granny Smith apple stashed away just in case. Have to be prepared!!

Hope you're all having a good day!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #167
Junior LCF Member

Hey all-
Everyone sounds like they're doing some really good things! I have a question, and I'll try to ask it so that you can actually understand it. So, I know that everyone is different biologically. I also know that people can lose a bunch of weight following induction, which according to the Atkins book, is the allowed foods in unlimited amounts unless otherwise instructed.

Now, I also read here that some folks don't lose on LC, and they think it's because of the portions that they are eating, and we here are trying to do just that-LC with appropriate calories and portions.

What I'm wondering is, do you think that folks lose so much on induction because the way of eating is such a drastic change for their bodies despite the portions, or is it keeping below the 20 carbs? Does that make sense?

I guess what I question is, will just changing to the induction way of eating without initially worrying about portions start weight loss, or should I work with moderation initially at all?

I ask because I've had a very difficult month and I feel so horrible, and I want to get some weight off. But since I've been eating so much, attempting to moderate my portions feels like I'm depriving myself. And I know everyone is different..I just don't want to eat up the induction way and gain even more weight, you know? I realize there are no guarantees, and I should probably just focus on getting all of this stuff out of my body, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks or what your experiences have been.

I think I've failed miserably at making this question clear...
Old 11-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Your right it does depend on a lot of things. Induction is for 2 weeks just to kick start your body burning its' own fat. I think during that time don't worry about portion control too much, but don't go over board. The problem comes after, and only if you don't cheat. Your body is burning fat and telling you most of the time it's not hungry and to eat less, but we all still eat our 3 meals a day and snacks. That was my problem, I think it was too much food for my body. Also, if you are close to weight then it's even harder because portions do matter. I say do clean induction then count point and carbs. It's very hard, but worth it. Good luck, I think I am stuggling with the exact same thing.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, pcal- I'm reading similar advice in some other threads. I'm trying to figure out sugar- if a food does have sugar high up in the ingredients but still has no or low calories, is it acceptable? Or is there supposed to be no sugar at all?

Thanks a bunch!!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in. I was down 1 pound today--after being up almost 1/2 a pound last week. So, I'll take it. I had Halloween candy and some other stuff last week tht were NOT good choices. This week, I can do better!!

Portions are always a problem for me, whether LC, LF, WW or whatever. I always found that my hunger almost totally went away during induction (when I was doing strictly LC), but it didn't always stay gone. Dropping to 20 carbs/day is a huge adjustment for your body, but I don't think it's the lower carbs that kills hunger. I think it's that you're eating higher-fat foods that satisfy you longer and make you feel like you really got to eat something. For me, that's why a rabbit-food diet just never works. I need to feel like I've had a decent portion of food to eat, or I will start eating the paint off the wall!!!

Hope that makese sense...
Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Had fun and now back in town and back on plan. Agree on the fat being what makes you less hungry. Now that doing PP I do find I am more hungry as it is lower fat and higher carb. So still working out how much to change what I was eating and still have a life! Still learning the points system and it kills me to use 5 points for salad dressing but I hate LF stuff at least most of it.
So it is an ongoing process but I do know I can live with WW for the rest of my life and LC I cannot, at least for me. Have to get back to more vegs I have been falling down on that.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Dee that's the one thing I didn't want to happen by adding WW for portion control (being hungry). It's a lot harder to work with both, but I stay within points and under the carbs count so I am not hungry.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 egg, cheese, salsa 7pts 3carbs
L - diced chicken salad 3pts 3carb
D- Girls night out, taco salad 10pts 10carbs
S - diet pop 0pts 1carbs

Total = 22pts, 19carbs
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee744 View Post
Had fun and now back in town and back on plan. Agree on the fat being what makes you less hungry. Now that doing PP I do find I am more hungry as it is lower fat and higher carb. So still working out how much to change what I was eating and still have a life! Still learning the points system and it kills me to use 5 points for salad dressing but I hate LF stuff at least most of it.
So it is an ongoing process but I do know I can live with WW for the rest of my life and LC I cannot, at least for me. Have to get back to more vegs I have been falling down on that.

Try the Kraft Roasted Red Pepper dressing - it's not lowfat but has low PP (I think 2 for 2 TBSP) - someone at work told me about it and it's very good.
cabrioluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioluvr View Post
Try the Kraft Roasted Red Pepper dressing - it's not lowfat but has low PP (I think 2 for 2 TBSP) - someone at work told me about it and it's very good.
Thanks, picked up a new Kens balsamic today it is a new line for them and it is 2 pp as well. What has been getting me is I am working more shifts now and they are 12 hour + so have not been cooking as much.
Pat, thanks for posting a day menu, that helps a lot.
Good to see everyone is doing well.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

I hate "light" dressings, too, but Newman's Own Light Balsamic Viniagrette is only 1 PP for 2 T, and it has so much flavor, I seldom use and entire 2 T at one time. We've bought it for years, even when no one was trying to lose weight. It just really tastes good, and I think it's organic, as well.

But I might try the Kraft Roasted Red Pepper...that sounds interesting! Bet it would be good on a sandwich or roll-up.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Doing well. Down 2 lbs and sticking to this.

Menu:
B - 2 egg, cheese, salsa 7pts 3carbs
L - spinach lasgna (1/4 recipe) 12pts 6carbs
D - zesty chicken & side salad 5pts 3carbs
S - jello 0pts 1carbs

Total = 26 pts, 15carbs

If you all don't have this Zesty chicken recipe you have got to try it. The best ever and made in a crock pot.

Zesty Chicken:
4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme (or other spice)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 onion sliced
1 whole chicken

Put onions at bottom of crock pot. Place chicken on onions. Mix all spices and sprinkle over chicken. Cook low 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hour (or until chicken is done). I serve it with rice and muffins for the family and veggies or side salad for me. Enjoy
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

WTG, Pam!! Down 2!! Looks like it's working well for you! And thanks for posting the zesty chicken recipe. I could use a new crockpot recipe, and that one looks fantastic.

Having a pretty good week. My pants are definitely feeling looser, so I'm pretty pumped about that. My next milestone is to hit 15 pounds lost (another 5-lb star), and that's just 2 pounds away. Sure hope I get there next Wed!

I'm doing a high-fat, LC day today. Still counting points, but completely cutting out starches and sugar. That Halloween candy turned into a real problem for me. I still counted the points (and lost a pound), but sugar is NOT my friend! I'll probably still eat an apple for a snack (those honey crisp apples are divine!! ), but all things considered, I'll stay lower-carb than I have been the last few days. Just for grins, here's what I have planned:

B -- coffee w/heavy cream, mock danish (2 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, splenda, almond extract, cinnamon, nuked until set)
L -- bunless burger, veggie toppings, mayo & mustard, apple
S -- sharp cheddar, celery
D -- rotisserie chicken (with skin!), steamed cauliflower w/butter & Mrs. Dash

Hmmm.....maybe posting it will give me a roadmap for the day. I don't normally plan too far in advance, but that all sounds like wonderful food to me, and it should keep me full with the extra fat. We'll see...Also wondering if I should cut back on dairy a bit. I love it, but it might be slowing me down.

Have a happy Friday, everybody!! Check in and let us know how you're doing!!
Old 11-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Thanks shinok and that Zesty chicken is the best
Tom back so ugh!!!!! Anyway still doing ok and staying within points and carbs.

Menu:
B - 1 egg, cheese, salsa 4points 2carbs
L - chicken leg 8points 0carbs
D - 1 slice pizza, a few chips & salsa 9points 9carbs

Total = 25pts, 20 carbs
Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #179
Junior LCF Member

Hi all,

Just getting through day 1. I've been reading a bunch on the site but it's all sort of driving me crazy. Granted, some of the things I read were specifically Atkins posts, but much of LC seems pretty standard. It just seems like others sometimes make counting carbs sort of complicated. Isn't it enough to follow the carbs listed on packaging? I know there are exceptions, such as cheese, and I have to take care to pay attention to the veggies I choose. One post said that counting calories is a MUST. Another said that I can't rely on packaging carb counts. Others say just eat within reason, just count my carbs.....ACK!
Old 11-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake&Loo View Post
Hi all,

Just getting through day 1. I've been reading a bunch on the site but it's all sort of driving me crazy. Granted, some of the things I read were specifically Atkins posts, but much of LC seems pretty standard. It just seems like others sometimes make counting carbs sort of complicated. Isn't it enough to follow the carbs listed on packaging? I know there are exceptions, such as cheese, and I have to take care to pay attention to the veggies I choose. One post said that counting calories is a MUST. Another said that I can't rely on packaging carb counts. Others say just eat within reason, just count my carbs.....ACK!
It will drive you crazy, if you are going to do LC just do that. If WW just do that. Since under WW you can eat anything you want but you must count it you can chose lower carb foods, full fat or not. Then count the points.
I was hoping to stay under 80 carbs a day, but not even close this last week, but am staying under 1400 cal, so still losing. All plans work, you just have to figure out what works best for you.