Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #901
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
....as long as we keep trying and not give up, we have a great shot.. funny I was thinking about making a small pot of veggie soup as well today...Great minds think alike!!! Here is to a good week for us!!
You're so right, Melinda

Fit2010 congrats on your 6lb! That's fabulous!

I'm still struggling, but not giving up. I actually lost a pound last week. How, I don't know, but I'm just glad it's gone. Not really a great loss, but still a loss.

Started the day today with a strawberry and vanilla protein shake (7pts). The plan is to have a big bowl of soup and cottage cheese for lunch, but the evening is still open. Really need to go grocery shopping...
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #902
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 174.8/171.4/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD :)
Start Date: Start date: September 10, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Hey Yam Yam, I feel better as far as sinus stuff go...still on a 30 day course of Sulfa after finishing a 10 day course of Levaquin to kill the worse of it (psuedomonas)...the Sulfa can get rid of the staph aureus so that I don't have to continue on Levaquin and risk more tendon damage. I still have the tendonitis in my right shoulder and hips but it's much better in my left ankle and left knee. Saw an infectious disease doc 8 days ago and haven't had the lab results called back to me yet to test my immune system. Thanks for asking....

So far I've lost a little over 6 lbs this week, my first week back "on" plan. I really look forward to feeling better enough that I can reintroduce exercising....hopefully during the next few weeks!

It's been pretty quiet on the MWL thread too here at the LCF site. I wonder if people are losing the "after Christmas/New Year's recommitment" urgency. I have a dinner I'll be going to this coming Tuesday so was trying to find SOMETHING in my closet that could fit (most things are size 8 and 10; and I'm wearing 12-14 post recent regain/I gave all the previous worn 12's and 14's away on my way to goal in 2010!) Well, a good look at my chunky thighs in the long closet mirror made me motivated to get ready for the upcoming shorts season....if not at least capris!!
Way to go on the 6lbs!!! and I totally agree, nothing beats a full length mirror to snap you into reality! My son and I are starting Couch to 5k next week....I gotta get rid of my flabby thighs before June!!!

I just started back on WW yesterday. I'm going to TRY and stay low-ish carb (60 or less per day) but am using this week as an excuse to get hig carb junk out of my system (I had filled the freezer with WW meals and can't throw them out!!). Next week I will start back to planned out menus and lower carb food.

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #903
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Becky, Glad you're back. I'm struggling with the lowcarb / WW plan a little. The WW foods are loaded with carbs but they're handy to have around. I know what they do to me - they cause cravings. I had a few bad days (went over my daily points) but I still didn't go over my weekly pts. Weigh in is tomorrow and I'm up 2 lbs - even though I ate on plan all the other days. Ugh!!! I'm pushing the water today since I feel a little puffy and I hope tomorrow it's not too bad when I jump on that scale at our WW meeting. There has to be a way to get both of these plans to work together.
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #904
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Hi everyone! I'm still here and still sticking to Simply Filling foods with the focus on lean proteins and veggies, occasionally some fruit. Been doing well, down 15 pounds now and seem to hit a plateau but confident I will bust through that this week.

Stay positive and strong everyone! : )
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #905
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Still sick...even sicker than last week. Ugh. Doctor just called in steroids and antibiotics. I HATE what both of those do to me, but I can't keep being sick anymore. Asthma getting pretty bad--almost dangerous, so it's best to just take it and live with the side effects. Food has been whatever I could stomach. No plan to speak of. Hoping things get better fast once I get the new meds in my system.

The losses sound great!!! Wish I was losing right along with you all!!!
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #906
Senior LCF Member

Well - this is working - hurray. I had a few WW bad pt days but weigh-in day was yesterday. I used some of my weekly points for my bad days. The rest of the week I tried to be perfect (low in pts and low in carbs). I was down 2 lbs this week. So...I'm encouraged that I can do this.

SHinOK - sorry you are sick. That stuff is going around here too and people just can't shake it. Hang in there.

Ashes20 - I'm going to study that SimplyFiling list this weekend and try to plan next week's menu a little better. I need to search some new recipes/ideas so I don't get bored.

Hang in there everyone - spring is coming!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #907
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Becky, Glad you're back. I'm struggling with the lowcarb / WW plan a little. The WW foods are loaded with carbs but they're handy to have around. I know what they do to me - they cause cravings. I had a few bad days (went over my daily points) but I still didn't go over my weekly pts. Weigh in is tomorrow and I'm up 2 lbs - even though I ate on plan all the other days. Ugh!!! I'm pushing the water today since I feel a little puffy and I hope tomorrow it's not too bad when I jump on that scale at our WW meeting. There has to be a way to get both of these plans to work together.
I'm also struggling with staying low carb, I must have had at least 100 carbs yesterday! I bought a whole new batch of frozen meals today even though I said I was going to lower my carb consumption on Monday...*sigh* carbs really are addicting!! Right now the ice cream is calling me!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #908
Senior LCF Member

Oh Becky - I'm with you. I went to the store and those frozen meals were calling me too - but I looked at the carb count again - GEEZ. So I resisted. But next to those frozen meals was the WW and low fat ice cream treats - and they jumped into my cart. They were only 3 pts (but what was I thinking). I had one last night after being low point/Low carb all day. I stayed within my points for the day but still..... So...today-I made myself have breakfast which is something I never do -- (egg whites, 1 egg, tomato, 2 slices of bacon)=3 pts. Who knew 2 slices of center cut bacon was only 1 pt? (I guess I never looked before - when I only did LC I just never looked).

Hoping today brings us success....
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #909
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh Becky - I'm with you. I went to the store and those frozen meals were calling me too - but I looked at the carb count again - GEEZ. So I resisted. But next to those frozen meals was the WW and low fat ice cream treats - and they jumped into my cart. They were only 3 pts (but what was I thinking). I had one last night after being low point/Low carb all day. I stayed within my points for the day but still..... So...today-I made myself have breakfast which is something I never do -- (egg whites, 1 egg, tomato, 2 slices of bacon)=3 pts. Who knew 2 slices of center cut bacon was only 1 pt? (I guess I never looked before - when I only did LC I just never looked).

Hoping today brings us success....
I know, I want to kick myself when I look at the carb counts of the frozen meals, the ones I bought ranged from 30 to 55, when I was doing Atkins I never took in over 25 for the whole day! I just have to keep thinking that although the plan I'm doing now is not low carb it has been proven that I lose weight best doing low cal, highish carb. I FEEL better on low carb but just maintain my weight, after the first week or two I do not lose. Don't beat yourself up over going higher carbs or using too many points, I've used up almost all of my "extra" points this week, I think I still have 10 left.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #910
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Shari, Have you looked around your heater area for mold? I told you my story....I hope you don't have the same thing!! And so much worse for you...I don't have asthma. Bless your heart!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #911
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lost 3 lbs this week!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #912
Major LCF Poster!

congrats Becky...good job!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #913
Senior LCF Member

Becky - great news!!! WAHOO....

We had weigh-in on Thursdays. Last Thursday I was down so I'm at 8 lbs since I started. I've been OP this week (so far) doing lower carb -- so I'm hoping for good news. Next week I'm out of town the entire week for work (I dread it trying to stay OP -- where before this I would have been looking forward to my favorite places).
Old 03-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #914
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Becky, way to go!! That's fantastic!

Deb, good idea about the mold. I live in an old house, and I know we have a bit of it here and there. Never thought about around the heater. BUT the heater is fairly new (3-4 years), so I'm hoping it's OK.

Well......I guess I had to get near death to get better. Started my industrial-strength meds on Thursday night, and by Friday night had a 102+ fever, shakes, lungs felt quivery. It was awful!! I probably should have gone to the ER but decided to tough it out with the meds I had at home (stubborn much?). Around midnight, fever broke, and I felt a bit better. But still went to the doc yesterday to rule out pneunomia. None found, but I sound SO horrible still today. The coughing really hurts. They say I'm getting oxygen into my lungs and have no rattles, so it's not pneumonia, but I got loaded up on tons of steroids (oh joy), so I won't even go near the scale for quite a while, I'm sure. Just can't face it. I don't FEEL any heavier, but the hungries will kick in in another day or so. Steroids are great drugs but they make me insane.

One thing I did while I was home wheezing was to read up on inflammation (huge problem in asthma/allergies) and how to control it. Best answer I found? Low carb, of course!! So I dragged myself to the Sunflower market on Sunday and stocked up on good fresh veggies & fruit and picked up some fantastic organic chicken and feta-spinach chicken sausages. We had a delicious dinner last night, and I have good, healthy, anti-inflammatory foods to eat the rest of the week. Makes me happy, and I imagine it will really help when the drugs wear off. Hoping they'll take a few pounds along with them.... Ha!

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say that I SOUND like death, but I'm actually slowly getting back on my feet. I want to vividly remember how I've felt the past two weeks so I do everything in my power NEVER to get in that shape again!!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #915
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
Congratulations Becky, thatīs awesome!

Shari your cold sounds really scary. Glad to hear youīre starting to feel better!

Last week my older son was home sick for a couple of days and after he got better it was my turn. I fell (once again) completely off the wagon. It actually started the week before. Every day I would just eat more and more carbs. Crispbread for breakfast, cream crackers for a snack, o cookie here, some chocolate there. Iīm sure you get the picture....

This weekend I finally started to panic. I saw my boss and we discussed starting work. The same day I was barely able to zip up my jeans. The largest pair I own! In my panic I had to sit down and start thinking What on earth am I doing!?!And how am I going to get out of this situation??? All the thinking and panicking still didnīt stop me from eating chips and having a beer while watching a movie on Sunday night...

Anyway, I decided low carb IS definitely the way to go. But unfortunately I need quite strict portion control if I wish to loose. So itīs back to the points again. This time NOT allowing any grains to creep in. I stocked up on veggies and bought a couple of two pound turkey breast fillets for healthy, low point meals. I sliced the fillets and pounded them thin, then added plenty of blackening spice and cooked on a non stick pan. Delicious, and you can eat a lot of turkey breast for two points

I hope this time Iīm better equipped to doing this the right way. This is my third day on plan and I am doing, ok, so far. Eating loads of veggies to fill me up. I let myself have a treat with my coffee every afternoon. I found a sugar free vanilla pudding mix (SF products are really hard to find here) and have some of that with a bit of SF chocolate syrup. Itīs 3pts and not the best of choises (100% artificial), but an ok size portion and helps me get over my post siesta sugar cravings. I also found an interesting looking recipe for cream cheese muffins here on LCF and am planning to try that. Havenīt calculated the points for those yet, but they should be lowish.

Last edited by Notia; 03-14-2012 at 10:51 AM..
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #916
Senior LCF Member

So, weigh-in day today. Down another 2 lbs. She asked how I did it - I told her LC and WW. She didn't roll her eyes - so that's a good sign. She brought to the meeting - a ton of those WW snacks/drinks/etc -- all of them loaded with high carbs.

I was a perfect angel this week - stayed on plan - no cheats. But, next week I'm out of town all week for work. I hope I can do it - I'm going to try (of course, I'm not there yet). It's so warm out this week (so weird for us this time of year) that I keep thinking of summer vacations/beach/wearing those shorts. Yikes - yep - that's going to motivate me (I hope).

Hope everyone is doing good!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #917
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone!

Congrats on all who have lost this week - nice job! I was down a half pound last week so I'm happy about that, I'll take every little bit!

Hockeymom, did you look over the Simply Filling plan at all? Seems like you're really well - keep up the good work!

Hope everyone is having a great week! : )
Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #918
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
Does anyone do the Simon filling technique and low carb?
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #919
Senior LCF Member

**oops - simply.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #920
Senior LCF Member

I do the Simply Filling and try to keep it fairly low carb, but I do still eat bread (in moderation) and some fruit. I try my best to stick to lean protein, veggies, eggs and lots of fat free Greek yogurt! I also eat reduced fat cheese, so I have to count points for that but it's worth it!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #921
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Up almost 1/2 pound this week (stupid Birthday Party!...my fault my fault....). Buckling down this week!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #922
Senior LCF Member

just got back from a business trip. missed my weigh in day and meeting at work this week. Ate some bad bad choices one of the nights (my coworkers picked PF Changs and it was just too many points and I had wine). Well, I did try to exercise while I was gone. Used all of my weekly points this week - a first for me. We'll see what the scale does tomorrow when I get up the nerve to jump on. UGH - it's my fault but I'll jump back on the wagon.

Hope everyone has will power for the weekend...
Old 03-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #923
Senior LCF Member

I am wondering....why would you want to combine these two plans? They do seem polar opposites.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #924
Senior LCF Member

for me - it's because our company is offering WW for free for one year and it includes the online tools, onsite meetings, and everyone is doing it together. For me - it offers what I was missing - fruit. I try to stay LC because I know that carbs are a trigger for me (to eat too much). I've lost 10 lbs so far so I think it's working.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #925
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
for me - it's because our company is offering WW for free for one year and it includes the online tools, onsite meetings, and everyone is doing it together. For me - it offers what I was missing - fruit. I try to stay LC because I know that carbs are a trigger for me (to eat too much). I've lost 10 lbs so far so I think it's working.
That is awesome hockeymom! How many carbs do you try to limit yourself to? What is your meal routine, could you tell me what you are eating? I lost 53 with MWL/low carb/high protein....but then within 10 months regained about 15 lbs, and then after my daughter's wedding in August, I regained an additional 25 lbs. It's so sad!! I know I can get it off again, but this time I'm wanting to do the MWL/WW combo so I can learn an accountable way to eat healthily for life!! Since you are getting close to goal, I'd love to hear your input.

I just went to WW meeting today, 4th one in about 2 months....gotta get serious!! Did well today and also bicycled outside in the beautiful weather.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #926
Senior LCF Member

Last week I was out of town for work - this week I just couldn't get back in the swing of things. I wasn't too horrible but ate more than my daily ponts - but still have most of my weekly. Tomorrow is weigh-in and I only pray that I didn't have any type of gain. Today's I'm swollen up - retaining water for some reason -- and yesterday I thought I had good food choices.

So, I tried to stay under 20 net carbs for the day. Somedays that's easy - others not so much. I think the next few weeks will be a challenge since my college son will be home on break and it's Easter (will try to resist the urge to eat those cute peeps). I stay within my ww point allowance.

So, yesterday I had:
breakfast: egg white (0 pts), coffee, HWC (1 pt)
lunch: 0 pt mexican veggie soup and string cheese (2 pts)
dinner: chicken (3 oz is 1 WW serving) - I had 6 oz (6 pts), roasted peppers/onions with some olive oil/garlic (1 pt for the oil), cucumbers, salsa (0 pts)
snack: cheese (2pts)

so -- as you can see - yesterday was a low on points - low on carbs.

I think it's doable to do both but sometimes I need more protein. I'm trying to figure it out. I think we can do it -- summer is coming...
Old 03-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #927
Senior LCF Member

well, I guess I learned something this week at weigh in. I missed last week's because I was out of town. Last week - I ate higher carbs, went over my daily points, used up all of my weekly points. Then, last Thursday we reset and I had a little bit of a bad weekend. 2 days I went over my daily and dipped into my weekly (not many but I think I used 10 of those 49 pts). Then, for a few days I stayed under my daily - ate low carbs. Well.....those good days didn't wipe out the damage -- I was only down .2 lbs. True - it's better than a gain but .2 for 2 weeks.

So....last night I had a glass of wine (5 pts) and a yummy salad.. And, today I'm back - just not going to beat myself up - this time I'm not giving up - just moving on.....

Today - I'm going to get serious.....

Hope everyone is going to have a good Friday and stay strong for the weekend (my weekness).
Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #928
Senior LCF Member

I think that I want to try this. I keep going back and forth between LC and WW, so maybe this is the answer. I have been successful with WW in the past, but don't care for all the ff stuff. It seems to me that when I read the threads on those following WW, they are always hungry, I don't see that as much with low carbing. I do really well on LC except for drinking beer which messes up all the good that I do all week, therefore no lasting results. I will probably do SFT low carb style and see what happens. I guess this is sorta my intro as well, hello all.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #929
Senior LCF Member

welcome - we'll figure this out together. I think I lost more/faster on LC but we'll see what happens. This way everyone in my work group is on WW - and we have our meeting person onsite so ...it's easy. I don't understand why they try to sell all that WW stuff when it's all carbs. Some of the WW food is more calories too. You'd think they'd have some balance. They claim to be the healthy way of life - but I'm not sure. I think a lot of our folks are snacking themselves right off of plan with all those WW foods.

So far today - I'm on track. I'm not hungry on WW - if I try to stay lower carb. today - I learned something new (or just had forgot somehow) - that aspargus has carbs -- 1 cup is like 6 carbs -- WOW - I ate it with some other roasted vegs. But - I went to the store and bought some stuff to try to get me through the weekend.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #930
Senior LCF Member

There doesn't seem to be much activity on this board. Did everyone go somewhere else?