Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #871
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Janie: Nice to see you and glad you got a chance to pop in. So sorry for your loss. I'm smiling about the new puppy. Sorry you got the cruise bug.

Congrats on losing weight and being in a healthy range! You go Girl!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #872
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
After a great first day, my points tracking has been less than ideal.... What can I say. The usual excuses, Valentines day, a bad lunch choise, sick kids, depressing weather.... Im great at finding excuses
On Wednesday DH wanted me to cook mussels and rice pilaf. I love that dish and havent had any for a couple of years. So I measured out a portion, it came to 9points (out of my 21!), and TWO HOURS later, I was absolutely starving! Reminded me why I dont eat rice. Just not worth it.

Anyway, even after four days of half hearted tracking Im down two pounds! My goodness! That should help motivate me.

Hope youll all have a great weekend!
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #873
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Oh, Janie, I am so sorry to hear you've been having a tough time. Congrats on the loss, but keep your chin up...sounds like you've got your hands full. You were on my mind the last couple of days, too. Maybe you were sending us vibes from afar...

Hang in there, Notia. It sounds like it's working for you, even without tracking every bite! That's a good thing. Rice is a problem for me, too. Really just about any starch, but rice is worse than potatoes for me.

Had a great evening. Probably ate too much, but it was all on plan, so no worries. Going to keep tracking front and center until my weigh-in on Wed. It's the only way I can do this! We're going out for a belated anniversary dinner tomorrow night, so I'm saving my extra points for that meal.

I also made a switch that I may or may not be able to maintain. For years, especially after starting to eat LC, I've used heavy cream in my coffee every morning. I LOVE it. Seriously love it. But it's a big hit on points, so yesterday, I bought some half-and-half. If I can use the h&h on weekdays, maybe I can splurge on heavy cream on the weekends. Now, we're only talking 2-3 points saved at breakfast, but sometimes that can make a BIG difference later in the day. So we'll see how it works. It didn't taste bad, but it's just not as luxurious as that yummy cream.......but as my points go down over time, I'm going to have to make concessions somewhere. This might be an easy one. PLUS h&h is way cheaper than cream, and with my "diet-cereal-eating-husband" pouring it on (ha!), the switch might even help him.

Hope you all have a great Friday!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #874
Blabbermouth!!!

Notia: Congrats on the 2 pound loss! Wooo-Hoooo!

Shari: Sounds like a good switch. I know what you mean about when your points going down. Mine started at 33 I think. Now I'm at 27 when I'm doing Points tracking. (still doing SFT right now). I loved getting my reward stars everytime I lost, but I always felt like "Uh-Oh!" when my points got reduced. I know I can put them back at 29 if want per the new WW instructions, but I didn't. Now w/ SFT it does not matter anyway. I just have to count WPs and earn APs and use those if I need them. So far I haven't needed any because there are so many power foods to choose from.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 02-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #875
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning Ladies….

Janie..First let me say it’s nice to meet you…and secondly I too am so so sorry…..I guess there is nothing like a puppy or a baby to make things a little better…I often wonder how you ladies who are in the 20’s with your points, how you do it.. man…but isn’t like maintenance different??? I have never gotten maintenance how sad is that…Like last night I had 10 points of ice cream shshsh don’t tell LOL…anyway congrats on your success!!

Shari.. you know once someone showed me a picture side by side of Mark from the Daily Apple and Dr. Dean Ornish.. I am not too familiar with Dr. Ornish, but I guess he suggests low and non fat etc…and then Mark the low carber LOL OMG ..Dr Ornish, looks pasty white, older and Mark, is muscular, great skin etc… and they are the same age…it was mind blowing….I have never had black eyed peas….!! I should give it a shot.. though I am not a bean lover, including green beans…but maybe my family would like them…next time I am at Walfarts going to look for them….

Notia.. I hear you, I am good for 3 days bad for a week type thing.. and basically at my weight I can eat really anything I want… due to the amount of points.. grrr…my self control off the charts.. congrats on your loss!!

Yam-Yam… Good Morning.. hope all Is well up north.. so check this out, because I know we are in the same state…so last Sunday, I paid 3.67 a gallon for gas…last night as I was driving by a gas station, the guy was just changing it to 3.93!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WT the F word is going on here!!! And funny he was changing it at 9pm at night…OMG I cannot believe the gas prices…..I know yours has to be higher up there…well have a good day inspite of that stuff…

Well hubs had his meeting.. and he said the boss reassured the employees…however I have been thru 3 layoffs.. and there was always that reassurance meeting before the ax went down.. and he also a month ago had another mandatory meeting with a psychologist, in regards to work place changes.. and people were screaming at this poor women, why are you here, are there layoffs and is this the cover you’re a$$ meeting..so I need to roll with the punches.. otherwise I am going to have a nervous breakdown and eat back to over 400 pounds again..I have to take care of me..as it was to be honest on Tuesday I ate myself back to 330 pounds, I really got scared that I was losing it big time…and I have done everything to the letter…and this morning I have lost 5 pounds…I went produce and fruit shopping this morning as well and I will cut the stuff up into containers…So I thank you ladies for your support.. you guys are awesome..

Shari.. that reminds me I need to go back to my book and recalculate points...I remember the leader saying to do that every few weeks...although I am sure I am just fine.. I get a little confused with the add one point for every ten points..cause what I got and the leader got was 2 different numbers... aw well...

Last edited by crazyone; 02-17-2012 at 09:22 AM..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #876
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda, I just want to come give you a big hug! It's SO scary to think about losing a job, even if they SAY it's not going to happen! There's always that anxiety that it still might. Just imagine what it's doing to productivity at his workplace. Unreal. Those poor people...and their families, like you. Sometimes big business can make some pretty heartless moves even when they THINK they're helping. I sure hope things calm down for you and your DH soon.

Yeah, I get 39 points/day, plus my 49 extras for the week. It's not bad, but I know that it will start going down. It's already gone from 42 to 39. I keep telling myself that it means I'm succeeding, but it also means I have to learn to eat less as time goes by. That is a tough adjustment!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #877

Thanks Shari.. it means the world to me...I gotta see how to do my points allotment.. but everytime I do it I get different numbers.. but oh well..I am sure if I am off a point or two that isn't going to harm me..listen 3 points is alot when you think about what 3 points look like, right?? LOL..
Old 02-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #878
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Shari, Yam-yam and Melinda!

Shari switching down to lower fat products is a huge temptation when tracking points. Every single point makes a difference. I already cut down on EVCO in my morning coffee from 1T to 2tsp. The difference is a point which Im hoping to add back as soon as I get myself under control again.

Melinda I completely understand you eating your pounds back under pressure. My husband has had a 50% (no, no mistake) wage cut in a year! The country we live in is in shambles, the economy teetering on the verge of collapse for months now. And since DH works for the government, his job is also on the line. I have gained 20 pounds in three months while supposedly on diet. I even started losing hair due to stress.

Last night DH had to comment about how much weight Ive put on AGAIN. Just what I needed to hear So nice to get some encouragement....

Well, just thought Id drop by for a quick chat. Its so nice to see how active this thread is! But now I have to take my kids to language school. Were a bilingual family and every Saturday my kids go to their second language school for a couple of hours. While theyre there I go for coffee with a couple of other mothers.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #879

Notia.. OMG I got the chills reading your post...It is so scary I swear.. what country do you live in, Greece?? Italy??? Spain??? I have lost my hair too, do to the stress.. in this Country, one of our political parties, thinks we are sucking off the government, if people need help to eat..I don't get any help.. I just go the 99 cent store to shop LOL...when the bottom line, is I am on this computer almost 20 hours a day submitting resumes, searching every job site...I hope and pray things get better.. I did the right things, to get my house, living in a budget, I didn't take a second out on my house or am I upside down...anyway I better stop.....wish you nothing but good vibes my friend....

Well my son's band mates are coming over tomorrow, so that means tidying up the house!! BLECK!! they are going to be working on a piece that is due for school.. it's a drum piece, where they play a song on anything but a drum.. my garage looks like a junk yard LOL..

Enjoy the weekend everyone...really appreciate all of you...
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #880
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hockeymom
Stats: 151/130/120
WOE: LC/WW
Start Date: Start ww 2/6/12 (original lc 2009)
Wow - I lost contact for a few days and wow - a lot has happened with you guys! Jobs, stress, government issues. So sorry to hear - and I know about stress eatting. Well, I love to eat so stress or not - that's my problem. I've had some quiet (no stress) work, family for a while so I think that is helping me focus. I did go out to dinner last night and I told them not to bring the bread (that is the first time I have ever been able to do it - ever). I did eat more points then I was allowed for the day but it was so much better than I would have done. I only used 3 of my weekly. I brought home half my meal (again - a first). So, maybe this is working? I have been trying to drink more water. Now, I think my success was planning ahead meals (low carb / low points) -- so I'm off to search recipes. Hope everyone is going to have a great week.

I do need some help - I need to be out of town next weekend (staying in a hotel) - so I need to think of what I can pack in a cooler that I can eat. We'll be eatting out most meals running between sport events so it might be hard. any ideas?
hockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #881
Blabbermouth!!!

Melinda: Just talked to my DD this morning. She is in Sacramento and was getting gas. $70.00 for a fill up and that was with her Safeway discount! She said it was $3.89 per gallon.

Hockeymom: I travel a LOT! I always take a cooler. I take half a dozen hard boiled eggs, fat free, plain Greek yogurt, Lactose free, fat free milk, half and half to I can have it in my in-room coffee, and Foster Farms Oven Roasted Deli Turkey with sandwich thins and a zip lock bag with romaine lettuce or salad mix so I can make a nice sandwich if I need it. I usually have coffee in the morning. And I have yogurt with Splenda and a hard boiled egg. Then for lunch I make a sandwich and have another egg.

We always eat out for dinner. I do best when I focus on grilled fish like halibut or salmon, lots of steamed veggies and a side salad. I always ask for EVOO and ACV or balsamic for my salad. I have gotten to where I just love the olive oil and vinegar on my salads. I never have any other kind of salad dressing now.

I usually take some Sprite Free or Diet Pepsi in my cooler as well.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 02-19-2012 at 11:48 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #882
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhh-choo!! Man, I am dying of allergies today! My left eye just won't quit watering. We're having big wind gusts today (30-50 mph, they say), and it's bringing up something from Texas that I am allergic to. Ugh. (I would make a college football reference here, but I'll spare you. ) Took my 24-hr Zyrtec PLUS a Benadryl, and this eye is still going like a faucet. Crazy. And spring isn't even here yet. It's not a good sign!

Had a good weekend on plan, though. I made a concoction last night that turned out great....I had some sauteed peppers and onions left from some fajitas, so I chopped them and tossed them into some Progresso minestrone soup. OMG, it was fantastic! Really tasty. I'm actually looking forward to trying it again. Yum!

There just seem to be so many variables in life that are hard to control. And if you want the news, you can REALLY get scared to death! I really hope you all get some good news on jobs. It just hurts my heart for you.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #883

Hello Ladies!!!!

Yam...I just know it's going over 4 bucks..probably today....I really like red wine vinegar, oil and a packet of sweetener...and some spices on my salad.....

Shari...I was thinking one day I opened a can of chicken and rice soup and I doctored it up with cooked carrots and celery LOL!!!

Just wanted to wish all a great day..
Old 02-20-2012, 10:26 PM   #884
Junior LCF Member

Good morning ladies!
My weekend was a diet disaster. Hockeymom is definitely right. Planning ahead is the key to success.
By Monday morning I had gained back one of the pounds I had lost earlier in the week. Way too many salted peanuts on Saturday night...
This week Ive decided to concentrate on this diet project. I especially need to make some low points snacks and generally just plan my meals more carefully. Yesterday I managed to stay within my points allowance. I also went back to my C25K running program, which I had started the week before last, and for various reasons didnt do last week. So this week is going to be all about ME. I know from experience that if (or when) I manage to stick to a plan for three weeks, it becomes routine and I can loose quite easily. For some reason the third week seems to be crucial. Until then its just sheer will power.

Shari hope your allergy is getting better!

About the economical issues. I have to say were much better off than a lot of other peolple here. We have a morgage free house and two cars which are fully paid for. So even though weve taken a huge reduction in our income and have to worry about DH keeping his job, we dont owe anywhere. AND Ill start working again April 1st. We live close to a tourist resort and I work during the summer season for 7 months (April-October) and stay home for the winter. And if worst comes to worst I can just gather the kids, pack my bags and go back to my own country. I really dont want to leave. Its absolutely the last desperate measure. But at least I have the option. It would be devastating, though. Weve worked extremely hard to get to ehere were now. Saving and scraping together every penny we could to fix the house and pay for the cars, and now to leave everything behind and start over from nothing! Too depressing to even think about it.

I just calculated how much gas costs here. Its at 1.8 euros per liter, which is 9 USD per gallon! Im starting to consider getting a bicycle
Old 02-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #885

Notia...where are you??? if that isn't too personal..
Old 02-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #886
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: frosty
Hi Everyone, I found this board a few days ago on pinterest and I'm so glad that I did. I had been wondering if WW & LC would work together and it seems you all are kind of making it work. I did Adkins about 10 years ago and it worked really well for me I lost 50lbs, unfortunately they found me again and brought some friends with them. Do you have room for one more? I would love to join your group.
frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #887
Senior LCF Member

Hi Frosty - I'm new here too - been hanging out for 2 weeks since I started WW at work. I know LC works for me (like you I did it 10 years ago and lost 30 lbs) but since everyone at work is doing WW (and I mean we are 100% since the company is paying for it) I thought I should try both. I do have a little more carbs then I would like but the first week I lost 3 lbs. Thursday is weigh-in day so we'll see how I'm doing. Glad for you to join us.

So far - I've been also using the etools (online tool) and I like the tracking since it makes me accountable. So, jump in. If you're using the online tools from WW there is also a community for LC/WW.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #888
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Frosty! Im new here, too. Just joined a week ago.

Melinda Im on a Greek island.

Yesterday didnt go exactly according to my plans. My dear MIL sent a big box of deep fried spinach-cheese pies. If theres one thing in the whole world I cannot resist, its her pies with a glass of good red wine. Since theyre home made I have no idea how many points each could have. Tons I guess (deep fried!), but I still had four of them with two glasses of nice Australian red wine... Oh well, at least I had been really good all day before that and didnt eat anything else afterwards.
Now that Im trying to track my points Ive been really shocked with the portion sizes. A normal portion of food is really tiny! Ive been eating at least double that at every meal plus snacks!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #889
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Hi everyone - welcome Frosty!

Just realized I hadn't popped over here lately so thought I would stop in and say hi! I'm getting back on plan after having company last week - not easy but got to get back on the wagon and return to my WW Simply Filling foods. It's been working well for me so far so I'm going to stick with it!

Notia, I'm so envious, I would love to be on a Greek island, sounds lovely!

Hope everyone has a great week! : )
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #890
Junior LCF Member

Ashley having company over is the hardest thing! It ALWAYS throws me off track.

Yesterday I managed to stay within my points. And I did my C25K program. Im feeling very confident at the moment.

Last night I was looking for an old favorite recipe I used to make last time I was on WW, pineapple-cottage cheese cake. Didnt find the recipe, but found a whole bunch of other WW material I thought I had lost or possibly thrown away. There was also an old points CD, which I loaded onto the computer. According to that version I should be eating 24pts per day, instead of the 21 my points calculator recommends. Since Im currently over 200 pounds, I thought it would be more logical to start with the higher points. Otherwise what on earth am I going to eat when getting close to my goal weight of 130lb? Air with water? So, starting today, I reprogrammed my points calculator and will be enjoying having an extra 3pts/day!
Old 02-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #891
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Notia,

I was fortunate enough to study in Greece several times, so I probably have been close to you. Love it. Each island is so different.

Just stopping by to read and say hello!

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #892
Senior LCF Member

Today - I was feeling confident too - going into our 2nd WW weigh-in. Good news - 1.5 lbs. I feel like I ate more carbs then I needed. The other day after I ate more than I would have liked - I got those darn carb cravings. So, I'll try to do better. The problem will be my out of town weekend. I'll touch back on Monday - probably crying over the damage. Off to pack the cooler.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #893
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
Today - I was feeling confident too - going into our 2nd WW weigh-in. Good news - 1.5 lbs. I feel like I ate more carbs then I needed. The other day after I ate more than I would have liked - I got those darn carb cravings. So, I'll try to do better. The problem will be my out of town weekend. I'll touch back on Monday - probably crying over the damage. Off to pack the cooler.

Congrats on your great WI!! Enjoy your travels. I think you will do ok because those points values get stuck in your head after a while and won't let you get too crazy!

FROSTY: You have come to the right place!

I'm hanging in there. Very busy schedule which has included travel. I'm getting used to eating in restaurants over 50% of the time. I try to focus on fish, other lean proteins and non-starchy veggies. When I track, it's Simply Filling and I'm liking it so much right now.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #894
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Wow, so much has happened since I last posted!! Sorry to have been gone so long! I had a bone scan last week and tomorrow I'm to see an infectious disease doctor to see if I need IV antibiotics for what the bone scan shows apparent infection within my left check bone (actual bone infection). Orthopedic doctor also confirmed that I had tendonitits in left knee, right shoulder, and hips and DOES blame it on the antibiotics (Levaquin and Cipro) I've taken 9times in the past 4 years. I've been really busy the past several days and having to wear a surgical mask at home while cleaning was being done, but now my house is now mold and dust-free. I HAVE been living with lots of inflammation in last few years and I HAVE been sick! Horray that more answers are forthcoming! Wish for right now I didn't live in a multi-level home....my knees have been aching in the past few wks, now on something for that too Mobic, an NSAID). I feel hope that once the sinus bone infection issue is finalized and my tendonitis' improve that I can finally start my WOE and exercising routine again. HORRAY!!! Praise the Lord!!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #895
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Deb! You have really been through it! I've never heard of a bone infection, I guess. And I had no idea you could get tendonitis from taking antibiotics, either. As a life-long asthmatic, I've taken a boat load of them. Maybe that's part of what makes my hips and knees hurt? Who knows....Hope you get some answers and relief soon. Congrats on the house cleaning. If you've still got some energy left, feel free to come a bit south to OKC and get started on my mess.

Greece! It's always in the top 3 of my all-time traveling wish list. Have never been but would love to go someday.....after kids are out of college, maybe.

Still struggling with tracking. And for NO good reason! Grrr! Why it's a problem for me right now, I'll never know. Heck I even have a smart phone and a kindle that I could track with, and I always have at least one of them with me--plus sit at a computer most of the day. But no. It's great for 2-3 days, and then I just totally fall off the wagon. Weird.

Well, have lots of work to finish. Just wanted to check in. Have a great weekend!!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #896

Heya everyone.. just wanted to say hello and wish all well...
Old 02-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #897
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb: How are you feeling?

Shari: Did you track today? I've been kind of hit and miss. Today was good for me.

Melinda: Shout out to you, girl friend!! It's been kinda quiet here on the WW/LC thread.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #898
Senior LCF Member

hello everyone - you guys have been pretty quiet lately. Hope all is doing well. Today was weigh-in day and I lost 1.8 lbs which I thought was good considering I was out of town last weekend and had a few days over my points (and dipped into my weekly ones). But, all in all -- going good. It's a little hard to stay on WW plan and low carb - I'm trying to watch the carb count for this week coming up.

Anyone have any ideas for dinners?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #899
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Hockeymom! Great job on the loss!! Yam-Yam, I LOVE your new picture! So cute!!

I haven't been following anything since Saturday....have been sick. Allergies, asthma, bronchitis. Ugh. Starting to get it under control, but the coughing is killing me. The tree pollen in Okla is off the charts, and that always gets me. Leads to big asthma problems. I'm just glad I'm improving and not heading to the hospital!

So, I'll get back on the horse when I feel like I'm human again!! Hope everybody has a great weekend!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #900

Shari.. I hope you feel better...I have been terrible and need to get back on plan...I have had 3 strips of bacon and coffee today and that is it.. and it's 1:15 pm!!!!

Hockeymom.. I have the worst time trying to think of what's for dinner as well.. I need some easy few ingredient recipes....

Yam-Yam..how is going?? hope all is well...

Does anyone know where online I can get my Target daily points calculator/formula????.. not the calculator for food points.. but the daily points.. I looked thru my literature and it says to get from WW leaders....How friggen secretive can this WW be....I have looked all over online and can't find an online one.. course I am not good with the internet anyway...