Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Shari, you should be very happy with those stats! I'm impressed! Pat, LOL on the points! And we all have our time of day we shouldn't be posting!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari, you should be very happy with those stats! I'm impressed! Pat, LOL on the points! And we all have our time of day we shouldn't be posting!
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
This is a great thread! I have been doing WW/LC and enjoying it... I hope y'all don't mind if I jump in and join you.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:30 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Nikki, the more the merrier.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #65
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jake&Loo
Hi everyone-- I'm really glad that I found this thread. I've been on ww for two weeks now and failing miserably. It just occurred to me that since I started, I've been eating so much more bread/wheat/flour etc. than I was just doing my own thing, which was the "Basically-No-Nutritional-Value-Whatsoever" plan...I tend to eat like I'm seven. I do really well on low carb and was hoping it was possible to do the two together, and I appreciate all of the ideas and encouragement. I don't like low-fat/"light" stuff either, but don't you find the real stuff has higher points values? And I'm still not sure about the fruit, which has high carb counts. How to keep to 20g of carbs when ww allows fruits as 0 points? The recipe builder on the ww eTools makes me a little crazy as well because I can add a T of olive oil to cook with and the points for the meal go through the roof. How to keep it simple, within 20g of carbs, and still taste good?
Jake&Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake&Loo View Post
Hi everyone-- Hi How to keep it simple, within 20g of carbs, and still taste good?
Hi and welcome. I find WW LC is a relatively painless way of losing weight. When I keep track of my food, I lose between one and two pounds a week, and I'm old and a slow loser. Having said that, I don't do induction level carbs. I think it would be very frustrating trying to do WW with 20 grams or less a day.

If I have fruit, it would be 1/4 cup blueberries with Greek yogurt a couple of times a week. I don't limit vegetables, but usually nuke them and have with 1 tsp. of butter for 1 WW point. I use a lot of Linda Sue's recipes -- she gives all the nutritional info so it is easy to calculate points. When she uses cream cheese, I use the light cream cheese which doesn't change the taste but cuts out a lot of points. When one of her recipes calls for another kind of cheese, I usually use about 1/3 less than the recipe calls for, which also cuts down on points.

Personally I think if you are going to have 20 grams of carbs or less a day, you would be better off doing straight Atkins. Whatever you decide to do I wish you success.

Pat
Old 10-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jake&Loo
Thanks a bunch, Pat. I browsed the Net after I posted and found a couple of sites that suggested that anywhere between 30 and 70 g/day will result in weight loss, which, like you said, makes things less daunting. It would be great to create a chart of foods with their carbs and ww points. Im starting one of my own.. I keep hearing about Linda Sue...Is this someone I should get to know?
Jake&Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake&Loo View Post
. I keep hearing about Linda Sue...Is this someone I should get to know?
Linda Sue will be your very best friend. Her website is a goldmine of information.

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

Pat
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
This is a great thread! I have been doing WW/LC and enjoying it... I hope y'all don't mind if I jump in and join you.
I've been doing LC but not WW and think this is a great idea, may I join also?

Woud any of you mind posting your menu for a day to give me an idea of what/how you are eating. I have some WW information and I need to get it out and look it over.

I'm diabetic and can only eat VLC to keep my numbers in line but I've not been losing anything. Hopefully, this might be the answer.

I'm 63 and hope to retire in a couple of years. One reason I can't any sooner (not to mention income) is the health insurance i receive. If I can loose 20-25 pounds many of the health issues I worry about will be gone or at least lessen. That would be so nice.

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Week 2 weigh in was -3.3 lbs. I'm okay, actually quite pleased.

Carrielyn, I am also 63, and live in the Houston area too.

However, I did retire in May, mostly enjoy retirement, miss some aspects of my job.

I'm really hoping the WW PointsPlus keeps my portions reasonable, I can be responsible for keeping LC, and of course in charge of my exercise, which I have been working on, from a very sedentary couple of months.

I was abusing nuts. . .and portion size on my recent LC attempts. . .and that was not working. . .

Janie
Old 10-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Carrielyn, welcome aboard! I'm not far behind you ladies (55), so I know we'll have a good time here!

Jake & Loo! I didn't see you up there. Welcome!!

My menus aren't perfect, and they aren't always totally LC. I'm just trying to keep the carbs lower than most of my WW classmates do. A typical day for me looks something like this:

B - coffee w/heavy cream, plain Greek yogurt w/berries & splenda OR cottage cheese w/diced tomato
L - Protein (chicken or a hamburger patty) with a big salad or veggies drizzled with olive oil, butter or salad dressing, fruit
Snack - 1-2 ounces of cheddar, apple (or melon or berries)
D - about the same as lunch
Snack - sugar-free ice cream bar (about 4-5 pts)

I've been taking some of my LC recipes and figuring out the WW points for them, and that really helps. Janie, portion control has been a BIG issue for me, too, and i think having to count and measure has really helped me in that way, especially if I need to count out a certain quantity of something.

Yes, I'm eating fruit, and it's making me very happy. On LC, I gained weight if I ate fruit, so this is a great thing for me. It makes life SO much more flexible knowing I CAN eat pasta or a sandwich if I need to or just want to without derailing weeks of progress. And I will NOT give up my cream in my coffee, but for now, it's not a problem for me. I just eat it, count it and keep moving forward!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson

Last edited by SHinOK; 10-11-2011 at 02:27 PM..
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Week 2 weigh in was -3.3 lbs. I'm okay, actually quite pleased.

Carrielyn, I am also 63, and live in the Houston area too.

However, I did retire in May, mostly enjoy retirement, miss some aspects of my job.

I'm really hoping the WW PointsPlus keeps my portions reasonable, I can be responsible for keeping LC, and of course in charge of my exercise, which I have been working on, from a very sedentary couple of months.

I was abusing nuts. . .and portion size on my recent LC attempts. . .and that was not working. . .

Janie
I live in the Spring Branch area and work in Galleria area. Not too bad a drive compared to some.

I don't think I will miss my job. I am working to get some work for my husband that will get him off his knees. He lays tile and just turned 60. As strong and limber as he is it won't last much longer so he needs to get into something else.

I'm still hoping some daily menus will be posted to give an idea of what others are eating.

Happy Tuesday all.
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
Carrielyn, welcome aboard! I'm not far behind you ladies (55), so I know we'll have a good time here!

Jake & Loo! I didn't see you up there. Welcome!!

My menus aren't perfect, and they aren't always totally LC. I'm just trying to keep the carbs lower than most of my WW classmates do. A typical day for me looks something like this:

B - coffee w/heavy cream, plain Greek yogurt w/berries & splenda OR cottage cheese w/diced tomato
L - Protein (chicken or a hamburger patty) with a big salad or veggies drizzled with olive oil, butter or salad dressing, fruit
Snack - 1-2 ounces of cheddar, apple (or melon or berries)
D - about the same as lunch
Snack - sugar-free ice cream bar (about 4-5 pts)

I've been taking some of my LC recipes and figuring out the WW points for them, and that really helps. Janie, portion control has been a BIG issue for me, too, and i think having to count and measure has really helped me in that way, especially if I need to count out a certain quantity of something.

Yes, I'm eating fruit, and it's making me very happy. On LC, I gained weight if I ate fruit, so this is a great thing for me. It makes life SO much more flexible knowing I CAN eat pasta or a sandwich if I need to or just want to without derailing weeks of progress. And I will NOT give up my cream in my coffee, but for now, it's not a problem for me. I just eat it, count it and keep moving forward!
Thank you....I'm with you on the coffee and cream.

Your menu does not look too much different than mine except for the ice cream bars and a bit more fruit than I would eat, only I'm not losing anything. I need to dig my old WW stuff out and see where my meals come in on the points count.

I started out around 52 being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and then high cholesterol and blood pressure sometime after that. And then, low and behold, another endocrine problem, diabetes. I hate getting old
Old 10-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Carrielyn, I feel your pain! It seems like every day brings a new ache or pain--or a stronger eyeglasses prescription! We'll muddle through together!

The new WW PointsPlus program gives you a lot more points than the older versions did. The MINIMUM points anybody gets will never drop below 29. They've also reformulated the way they count points. They're friendlier to protein and giving carbs higher points counts, so it makes eating LC a bit easier. They're still a bit fat-phobic, but I just allow more points for my fats and keep going.

Weigh-in at lunchtime today!!! Hoping it's good news--or at least holding steady!!

Have a great day, crew!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 230/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Sept. 2014
I'm so happy I found this thread!! I've been thinking about incorporating Ww and LC for a while. LC is awesome and I lost 20 lbs several yrs ago, but gained it all and more back. Tried WW with a friend but the "Leader" seemed in a bad mood at every Sat meeting so we left. Now I'm having lots of trouble with portion control so this seems right up my ally. I have some of the books and the point calculator all I need to find out is how many points I'm allowed a day. Can someone hwlp mw with this? Can I join?
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82bl8 View Post
I'm so happy I found this thread!! I've been thinking about incorporating Ww and LC for a while. LC is awesome and I lost 20 lbs several yrs ago, but gained it all and more back. Tried WW with a friend but the "Leader" seemed in a bad mood at every Sat meeting so we left. Now I'm having lots of trouble with portion control so this seems right up my ally. I have some of the books and the point calculator all I need to find out is how many points I'm allowed a day. Can someone hwlp mw with this? Can I join?
Weight Watchers Points Calculator

We are using the Points Plus program which allows 29 points a day plus 49 weekly points. The way of calculating the points is different from the old WW system.

Pat
Old 10-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

h82bl8, Sorry I forgot the most important part--

Pat
Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Woo hoo!! Down 1.8 today for a total of 12.2 since Sept 14. It's been AGES since I've lost that much weight. Heck, it's been ages since I lost ANY weight, so this feels great! In fact, most other times I've done WW, I was ready to drop out by the 4th or 5th week, because I was already stuck or gaining. For some reason, this PointsPlus thing is working better for me.

I ate my fabulous no-crust, LC pizza casserole for lunch with absolutely NO guilt over anything, and it really is wonderful.

LC, high-fat CAN coexist with WW. Love it!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Woo hoo!! Down 1.8 today for a total of 12.2 since Sept 14. It's been AGES since I've lost that much weight. Heck, it's been ages since I lost ANY weight, so this feels great! In fact, most other times I've done WW, I was ready to drop out by the 4th or 5th week, because I was already stuck or gaining. For some reason, this PointsPlus thing is working better for me.

I ate my fabulous no-crust, LC pizza casserole for lunch with absolutely NO guilt over anything, and it really is wonderful.

LC, high-fat CAN coexist with WW. Love it!
Congratulations!!! 12.2 in one month is absolutely wonderful.

So, are you going to share how do you make your LC pizza casserole? Please!!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari, you're inspiring me to try to stay on the doggone wagon.

Pat
Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 230/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Sept. 2014
Thanks Patlaf!!

ShinOk awesome job on the weight loss!! Can we have the recipe please?
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, you all (blushing)...I'm super excited, too! Lord knows I've got a LONG way to go, but this is sure keeping me motivated!

The Pizza Casserole isn't really a recipe, but I'll tell you what I used for mine. This made TWO casseroles--one with no veggies for my daughter and one with veggies for DH and me.

2 lb ground beef, browned & drained
1 small can tomato paste
1 small can tomato sauce
Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
Your favorite pizza topping veggies (I used onion, mushroom, red & green bell pepper)
Black olives (optional -- count the points)
Pepperoni (optional -- count points)
Shredded mozzarella (just measure & count the points; I like it cheesy, and I had points to spare, so I used a lot!)

So, I browned the beef & drained well. Mixed in the tomato sauce & paste along with the spices. Add about 1/2 cup mozzarella & mix (to bind it a bit). I divided that mixture into two 8x8" casserole dishes, covering the bottom of each. Sprinkle both with cheese. Top with pepperoni (if using). Add your veggies (if using) and top with more cheese--just enough to keep things from slipping around.

Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned.

We really love this. The tomato sauce & veggies are all ZERO points. The tomato paste, olives and pepperoni were 1 point each. I calculated about 3/4 cup of cooked ground beef (7 pts) per serving (1/4 of one casserole--remember, I made TWO casseroles from this recipe!). The cheese is really the only thing that adds up points, and you can use as little or as much as you want. My version was 16 points, but I had planned for it and had extra points to spare that day. You could easily bring down the points by using ground turkey, 2% fat cheese, leaving off olives & pepperoni. It's really up to you.

This is a knife & fork dish, but it's all the good stuff from a pizza in one dish. YUMMY!! And it really fills you up. Add a salad on the side, and it's fantastic!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Hi all, old member longtime lurker but never posted much. I had signed up for WW a few months back but can't hack the FF and LF stuff and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to LC WW, what a great thread! On the main board I just told another member not to bother and then find this buried thread, ouch.

Few questions for you all. The link to the points calc is that one for P Plus or the old program?

I have been doing 20-30 carbs a day for about 2 months (down 13) and would kill for fruit and bread every now and then, soooo Is there anywhere that you guys that have worked up lc/points list have them posted and can anyone add to them. Sure would be nice to not have to reinvent the wheel and to have something we can all contribute to and make it better for all of us.

I do have the books and points calculator so for 29 points how many carbs a day are you averaging and still lose? Are you working more so with WW points or carbs as your main guide? Thanks in advance for all answers and looking forward to being part of this thread.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Changeling
WOE: Low carb & lifting weights & HIIT
Start Date: 23 July 2013
May I join you please?

I my gosh, I'm sooooo glad I stumbled across this thread today!!! I've been a lowcarber for many years, but I struggle with portion sizes which stops me from reaching my goal weight because I eat far too much. Also, I don't enjoy eating lots of fat and prefer to have a piece of fruit occasionally and some skim milk in my tea, so that prevents me from being in ketosis. I've been so frustrated about this! Then I joined Weight Watchers on Tuesday because I've recently moved to a new city and thought it would be a nice way to meet new friends who are also trying to lose weight. I reckoned that, as long as I stick to my 20 points per day, how I made those points us was nobody's business and I don't see the plan preventing me from eating 20 low carb points, right? So far, so good!!! This way, I have to deal with my portion sizes by being restricted to 20 points (I'm not hungry on the smaller portions - proving yet again that I was eating far too much on plain low carbing), and, if I want to have the occasional square of chocolate or piece of fruit, I just count it into my points for the day and adjust accordingly, rather than hating myself for "falling off the low carb wagon" and sliding into a week long binge!

I'm so relieved!!! I really feel like I've found my personal solution, finally!

All the best to all of you fellow low carbers and WWers!

Much love and excitement
Old 10-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Our numbers are growing! I think it's a common dilemma for a lot of us. We know from others' experience that WW works. We also believe in LC and want to avoid LF/FF processed junk. It's a fine line to walk. But I think we can help each other a lot here!

Welcome aboard, Dee and Changling!

I have to say that I honestly am not counting carbs right now. I am only counting WW points plus. BUT...I am paying attention to carbs and avoiding the bad ones as much as possible. I'm eating more fruit, and I do eat a bit of pasta or bread on occasion, but never every day. If I do indulge, I do my best to go VLC the rest of the day and maybe even the next. For me, trying to do either 100% of either LC or WW was just making me frustrated and I kept throwing in the towel, over and over again. consequently, I lost nothing and never felt like I could accomplish a thing. Heck, I was just about resigned to be fat forever. Ugh.

Dee, I think that calculator is for the NEW PointsPlus plan (which is WAY better, IMO!). And I, too, like having the flexibility of eating a dessert or bread or fruit and not feeling like I've wiped out all the progress I've made before.

YES.....there is a list of points values of LC foods. It was started by Pat or Patty (can't remember?), and I have added to it. I can PM you the Word file, if you want.

Last edited by SHinOK; 10-13-2011 at 09:30 AM..
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Quote:
Wow! Our numbers are growing! I think it's a common dilemma for a lot of us. We know from others' experience that WW works. We also believe in LC and want to avoid LF/FF processed junk. It's a fine line to walk. But I think we can help each other a lot here!

Welcome aboard, Dee and Changling!

I have to say that I honestly am not counting carbs right now. I am only counting WW points plus. BUT...I am paying attention to carbs and avoiding the bad ones as much as possible. I'm eating more fruit, and I do eat a bit of pasta or bread on occasion, but never every day. If I do indulge, I do my best to go VLC the rest of the day and maybe even the next. For me, trying to do either 100% of either LC or WW was just making me frustrated and I kept throwing in the towel, over and over again. consequently, I lost nothing and never felt like I could accomplish a thing. Heck, I was just about resigned to be fat forever. Ugh.

Dee, I think that calculator is for the NEW PointsPlus plan (which is WAY better, IMO!). And I, too, like having the flexibility of eating a dessert or bread or fruit and not feeling like I've wiped out all the progress I've made before.

YES.....there is a list of points values of LC foods. It was started by Pat or Patty (can't remember?), and I have added to it. I can PM you the Word file, if you want.
Yes, please do pm me the file, thanks so much. Yeah, I wish WW still did the core program or one of the lower carb ones as for me diabetes runs in the family. So far I have made to 55 and not become one and would like not to if I can help it. Did you find that going mostly WW you gained for a little bit before starting to lose again? I do have the points hand help calc so I can cross check it. Has anyone figured out that if you followed WW to plan what is the average carbs per day. Since i am no longer a member I can't gl get menus to check a few. Thanks guys for all the great info in this post.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

OK, I cannot vouch for any of these recipes, but they look wonderful to me. And since she's subbing veggies for pasta, the WW points ought to be quite reasonable! These all came from a blog called the world according to egg face. She's a gal who had weight-loss surgery and now eats higher-protein and LC. She is VERY creative, and I plan to start searching her site for more ideas. But here's one. I'll post more in separate posts.

Shelly's Zucchini Roll-ups (aka Pasta-less Manicotti)

5-6 Medium Zucchini or Summer Squash, sliced thin lengthwise
4 oz. Whipped Cream Cheese
4 oz. Ricotta Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
12 oz. Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup Shredded Italian Cheese
Olive Oil

Grill the zucchini on the BBQ (or Foreman Grill) till bendy and tender. Cover and let sit till cool enough to handle.
Mix cream cheese and ricotta cheese together with seasonings. Pour about 1/2 of the sauce into the bottom of a Pyrex casserole dish. Spread each piece of zucchini with a tablespoon or so of filling. Roll them up like a pinwheel. Place on sauce base. Spoon remaining sauce on each assembled zucchini roll and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes (covered with foil.) Remove foil for last 10 minutes of cooking.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Another from The World According to Egg Face:

Shelly's Grilled Veggie Lasagna

1 Yellow Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 pound ground beef (could also use ground turkey)
1 cup Marinara Sauce
1 cup Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon Parsley, Chopped
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese (Mozzarella, Parmesan, etc.)
4 Zucchini, Summer Squash, sliced lengthwise and grilled

Slice the Zucchini and Summer Squash lengthwise and grill on the BBQ. Set aside. Brown onion. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minutes. Add ground beef. Cook till meat is no longer pink. Add marinara. Warm through. Set aside. Mix ricotta, 1 egg, parsley, and Italian seasoning together. Set aside. Spoon 1/2 of meat mixture into casserole dish. Layer 1/2 zucchini and squash. Spoon 1/2 Ricotta mixture on top. Sprinkle 1/2 the Italian Blend Cheese. Repeat. Bake for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

One more:

Shelly's Pesto Chicken & Veggies

1/2 yellow onion, diced
4-5 crimini mushrooms, sliced
2 boneless, skinless breasts, sliced into strips
1 cup yellow summer squash, sliced
1 cup zucchini, sliced
artichoke hearts, 1/2 of a 13.75 oz. can (non-marinated type), chopped
4 Tablespoons pesto sauce (I use the refrigerated Trader Joe's or Buitoni)
1/4 Cup chicken broth
butter
olive oil
For marinade: 1/4 cup Italian dressing

Marinate chicken in Italian Dressing for at least 4 hours in refrigerator. Discard excess marinade. Saute the onion till slightly golden in a touch of butter and olive oil. Remove from pan, set aside. Drain chicken from marinade but do not rinse. Saute marinated chicken till golden. Remove from pan. Add mushrooms, squash, and zucchini and steam saute till fork tender. Add chicken and onions back to pan. Add artichoke hearts and pesto sauce and stir till coated. Add broth and heat through stirring occasionally about 3 minutes. Serve.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

And the last:

Shelly's Chicken Cacciatore with Beans

1 Red Onion, chopped
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
2 Red Peppers, chopped
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
7-8 Chicken breast tenders cut into 1" piece, marinated in a T or so of Italian Dressing for 4 hours (at least)
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
2 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 can Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz S&W brand is my fav)
1 can Cannelini Beans (14.5 oz. can), drained
Parmesan

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss onions and pepper with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in oven for 50 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Saute chicken that has been marinated till golden. Add Italian Seasoning and garlic. Add diced tomatoes and beans. Add roasted vegetables with all juices. Simmer till warmed through about 5-7 minutes. Serve with a snowfall of good parmesan cheese.