Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Morning,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
L - 2 eggs, goat cheese 7pts 2carbs
S - italian creamed chicken 3pts 2carbs
D - Ham & side salad 8pts 4carbs

Total = 20pts, 10carbs

Workout = 1 hour walk both Sat & Sun

Have a great day all......
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Happy Monday, all! Look at you, Pam! Eating on plan. Walking twice this weekend. You're our poster child!!

Had a great weekend. Really busy, but managed to stay on plan!! I used some extra points, but that's why we have them, right?? Still have about 15-20 left and weigh-in on Wed, so I think this will be a good week. Fixed a wonderful roast with carrots, onion & potatoes for after church yesterday. OMG. It was SO good and felt like such a big splurge, but the veggies were very low in points, so it turned out to be quite a bargin. Having leftovers for lunch today. Not much better than an easy-to-fix meal that's easy on points, too. Yum!

We're all confused by this weather here in Okla. Not complaining, really, but confused. This time last year, we were having blizzards about every two weeks. This year, it's been in the 60s & 70s, and we've had only one light dusting of snow. I sort of miss the change in seasons.....could go for a nice cold snap with some snowfall. Mostly afraid that the bug population will explode this spring/summer with such a mild winter. Yuck!

Hope everybody has a great day and a good week. BBL.........

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Shari great minds think alike, we are having pot roast tonight, yummy..... Something just click in my head over the last week and I feel like I am back to where I was 6 years ago. Weird I know, but I will take it. I use my extra weekly points for wine with hubby on Saturday's, it's just nice and relaxing. I am trying to keep daily points 23-26. And the walking, dunno just felt like getting into it 2-4 times a week. I always loved walking and it's so good for you. Shari it must be because the weather is making it feel like spring like you said, just feel like getting out and getting pounds gone.....

Keep it up!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #754
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi All:

Just popping in to read up on posts. Life has been busy! I'm really liking SFT. Think I needed a change and now tracking is fun again.

Off on another adventure, so packing the suitcase again. This time it's Palm Springs where the weather is fine! Lots of golfing and swimming in store. Yay! I will earn serious APs!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #755
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Hi All

Was really busy too this past week. I was dreading weigh-in on Friday but was the same (I think it was because I was wearing scrubs, not my jeans like usual) kinda a bad weekend for eating too, but today better.

I was shopping today with friends and everyone agreed on subway for lunch. I know i should of had a salad, but had a 6" turkey with lots of vegies on the wheat, no mayo and now zero pint soup for dinner plus yougart and fruit...gotta get my head back into it.

Will check in tomorrow to see how you all are doing and I'm reading the weeks posts now.

Teri
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #756
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning

Menu:
L - 3 eggs, goat cheese 9pts 2.5carbs
D - pot roast & 3 cup side salad 12pts 4carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 25pts, 10.5carbs
Old 02-01-2012, 05:03 AM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Morning,

Menu:
B - 1 hard boiled egg 2pts 0.5carbs
L - Steak & 3 pieces steamed broccoli w/ butter 12pts 2carbs
D - 1/2 chicken leg & 2 cups salad w/ranch 8pts 4carbs
S - cheese 2pts 1carbs
S - wine

Total = 24pts, 7.5carbs
Old 02-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #758
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Shhhhh It's so Quiet around here!!

Pcaltman you are ROCKING it!!

I had a dream that I went to my WW meeting and gained weight so I had a major meltdown and QUIT!!! Lol. Like that's how it works.

Happy February!! So I am 10.2Lbs lighter than January 1st. That's pretty good even with my gain last week.

My weight Watchers goals for the Week are: Cut back on Salty snacks, eat more Filling foods, Drink my 6 glasses of water daily.
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #759
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Hello everyone! I've been reading this thread and I love it! I was so happy to find it!

I was on WW, lost some weight, went off, gained it back, had a hard time getting back on the bandwagon, and now I'm doing a Medi-weightloss, but believe in low carb AND WW. WW holds me accountable and makes it easy to track (their system is like a zillion times better than ****** - I hate ******). I'm still a member of WW and track everyday. I think that the new WW Points Plus Program lends itself better to low carb, which I like.

So, once the Medi portion is over (weightloss phase), I will be all into lowcarbing and WW!!!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #760
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post
Shhhhh It's so Quiet around here!!

Pcaltman you are ROCKING it!!

I had a dream that I went to my WW meeting and gained weight so I had a major meltdown and QUIT!!! Lol. Like that's how it works.

Happy February!! So I am 10.2Lbs lighter than January 1st. That's pretty good even with my gain last week.

My weight Watchers goals for the Week are: Cut back on Salty snacks, eat more Filling foods, Drink my 6 glasses of water daily.
Wow! 10 pounds gone in a month is unbelievably awesome!!!Congrats!!:hi gh5:
Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #761
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
Hello everyone! I've been reading this thread and I love it! I was so happy to find it!

I was on WW, lost some weight, went off, gained it back, had a hard time getting back on the bandwagon, and now I'm doing a Medi-weightloss, but believe in low carb AND WW. WW holds me accountable and makes it easy to track (their system is like a zillion times better than ****** - I hate ******). I'm still a member of WW and track everyday. I think that the new WW Points Plus Program lends itself better to low carb, which I like.

So, once the Medi portion is over (weightloss phase), I will be all into lowcarbing and WW!!!
I so agree that the new WW P+ makes it easier to follow a low carb plan. Since I joined WW on line, I've been tracking daily pts. But a few days ago I switched over to SFT. Seems like SFT is even more low carb friendly. You still track every day, you just don't count DPs only WPs.

When you enter a food that you are planning to eat, like a hard boiled egg, the list pops up. The egg has a green triangle and when you click enter into tracker it shows up with the green triangle instead of points.

Really, since the list pops up, it makes it easier to choose only power foods because they are so clearly marked. If you are doing LC you just choose LC foods with green triangles. Most of the pointy foods are carby foods. So, you just avoid them. Or, you choose those and the points are automatically deducted from your WPs. So easy.

I'm sticking with lean fish, chicken breast, eggs, fat free yogurt and milk, etc. Also leafy greens and non-starchy green vegetables. Pretty happy with this. I also think I was getting bored with the daily points tracking and trying to make it mesh with LC WOE. This seems like something new and fun.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #762
Blabbermouth!!!

DD80: How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking??
Old 02-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
DD80: How tall are you, if you don't mind me asking??
I'm 5'10". So, I'm shooting for a BMI of 22, which should be good for my frame.

What is SFT? Is that the WW where you don't track?

Last edited by DD80; 02-01-2012 at 08:26 AM..
Old 02-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #764
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I'm 5'10". So, I'm shooting for a BMI of 22, which should be good for my frame.

What is SFT? Is that the WW where you don't track?
Simply Filling Technique. You track but don't track. You still enter foods into the tracker. If the food you enter is a filling food (green triangle) there are no points counted and you just eat 'til satisfaction. If the food has points, they will automatically be deducted from your weekly or activity points.

WW now says you can try SFT for one day, one week or whatever you like and then switch back if you like to DPs. On SFT you don't get a DPA. Just a WPA and then you earn APs.

If you want to try it on your on line tracker, you click on "settings" in the upper right hand corner of the PP on line tracker.

Gosh!! I am one inch shorter than you and my goal weight is where you are starting. I definitely have a large frame. And I am 58 years old, post menopausal. But my doc thinks 178 would be an ideal weight for me. That's IF I'm working out and keeping the muscle tone. I have a very muscular body. (That's me at my gym in the avatar).
Old 02-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #765
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Simply Filling Technique. You track but don't track. You still enter foods into the tracker. If the food you enter is a filling food (green triangle) there are no points counted and you just eat 'til satisfaction. If the food has points, they will automatically be deducted from your weekly or activity points.

WW now says you can try SFT for one day, one week or whatever you like and then switch back if you like to DPs. On SFT you don't get a DPA. Just a WPA and then you earn APs.

If you want to try it on your on line tracker, you click on "settings" in the upper right hand corner of the PP on line tracker.

Gosh!! I am one inch shorter than you and my goal weight is where you are starting. I definitely have a large frame. And I am 58 years old, post menopausal. But my doc thinks 178 would be an ideal weight for me. That's IF I'm working out and keeping the muscle tone. I have a very muscular body. (That's me at my gym in the avatar).
Thanks! I've always been scared to try SFT because I didn't want to overeat. I was comfortable with my exactness of the Point tracking. However, with all your information, I might try it! I think, like you said, with the low carb, it would be easier.

I'm 31 and medium/kinda small framed, but have small wrists/ankles/neck, etc. I have broad shoulders and hips though. I am a size 10-12 at this weight and will probably be an 8, maaaaybe some 6's at 150. That's where I'm most comfortable. I have been 140-145 in my adult life and liked it there, but I think 150 is maintainable. I hope! So no worries! Different frames!
Old 02-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #766
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I know this is a stupid question.. but I am so confused on how many points is say 4 ounces of beef and 4 ounces of chicken.. I know Weight Watchers, isn't too hip on protein and fat...but I need to work that into my diet....because I don't feel full eating too little protein.. but I am so confused by how many points it is..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #767
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda, I think it's about 1 point per ounce for most lean cuts of meat and chicken. Fattier meats will be higher. Hope that helps.

Welcome aboard, DD80! Great to have you along for the ride!

Wow.....having a BIG realization today. I stayed completely on plan for a whole week. That's a BIG deal for me, considering what a backslider I've been lately. Anyway, I've logged every morsel that's gone in my mouth, watched the salt and really been ON, if you know what I mean. Guess what?? I am UP six pounds today. SIX!!! But here's the "realization" part.......even though I was counting the points, I have had some really high-carb foods the last 3-4 days. Pasta, potatoes, chips, etc. Yes, I counted them. But it was like a slap upside the head, reminding me that carbs DO count!!! At least they do for ME! So I'm doing a couple of LC/HF days to get the carb overload out of my system. Heck, I was even getting symptoms of yeast back again. (I've been on antibiotics countless times in my life, and yeast overgrowth is something that never seems to go away)

Anyway, the signs were loud and clear. I've been sniffly, runny nose, itchy scalp, bloated, and just exhausted no matter how much I slept. All the signs of carb infestation. I was very allergic to wheat, rice and corn as a kid, and I guess I still have some issues with them----they make me FAT and CRABBY and ITCHY!!!!!! UGH!!!!!

Sorry. Just needed to vent, and no one else would want to hear it or would understand! Thanks for letting me whine.

OH.........and we may not be able to have our WW class anymore. Can't get enough people to sign up. Dang it. They're making 2/8 the cutoff. If we don't have enough by then, the class will fold. So I may have to go to the online plan or wing it on my own...But on the bright side, at least I didn't have to weigh in today! Ha!

Last edited by SHinOK; 02-01-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #768
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
Melinda, I think it's about 1 point per ounce for most lean cuts of meat and chicken. Fattier meats will be higher. Hope that helps.

Welcome aboard, DD80! Great to have you along for the ride!

Wow.....having a BIG realization today. I stayed completely on plan for a whole week. That's a BIG deal for me, considering what a backslider I've been lately. Anyway, I've logged every morsel that's gone in my mouth, watched the salt and really been ON, if you know what I mean. Guess what?? I am UP six pounds today. SIX!!! But here's the "realization" part.......even though I was counting the points, I have had some really high-carb foods the last 3-4 days. Pasta, potatoes, chips, etc. Yes, I counted them. But it was like a slap upside the head, reminding me that carbs DO count!!! At least they do for ME! So I'm doing a couple of LC/HF days to get the carb overload out of my system. Heck, I was even getting symptoms of yeast back again. (I've been on antibiotics countless times in my life, and yeast overgrowth is something that never seems to go away)

Anyway, the signs were loud and clear. I've been sniffly, runny nose, itchy scalp, bloated, and just exhausted no matter how much I slept. All the signs of carb infestation. I was very allergic to wheat, rice and corn as a kid, and I guess I still have some issues with them----they make me FAT and CRABBY and ITCHY!!!!!! UGH!!!!!

Sorry. Just needed to vent, and no one else would want to hear it or would understand! Thanks for letting me whine.

OH.........and we may not be able to have our WW class anymore. Can't get enough people to sign up. Dang it. They're making 2/8 the cutoff. If we don't have enough by then, the class will fold. So I may have to go to the online plan or wing it on my own...But on the bright side, at least I didn't have to weigh in today! Ha!

Thanks! I hope your class goes through. If not, sign up online maybe?

Carbs do the same for me...and it's frustrating! I also have ongoing yeasty problems. Do you take any supplements to help control them? They do work! It's obvious you are retaining water. I think you are smart to go back to LC for awhile. You'll drop that water weight fast!

Oh, and awesome job tracking all week and staying on point!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, DD80. I appreciate all of that!

I don't really take anything for the yeast. Maybe should, but I never stick with it. There are SO many options out there, and so many people swear by so many different things, it just gets too confusing.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #770

Shari.. I thank you so much.. it does help!! I need a couple of low carb days..which was I am so confuzzled about the points....I found your post very interesting...I have succumb to stress and have gained everything I lost...grrrr so I am trying to do low carb days with my points.. otherwise my portion control is off the charts!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Quick check in here - welcome DD80!

I came down with a nasty big last night - started as a terrible sore throat then overnight turn into a full blown cold with cough, fever and runny nose. I seem to have kicked, for the most part, the sore throat with my raw apple cider vinegar/honey/lemon/hot water remedy but still feeling lousy otherwise. Trying to get as much rest as possible since I can't afford to be down and out for too long - too much to do!

I hardly ate anything yesterday or today, not much of any appetite. I weighed myself this morning, down another pound from Sunday despite going out to dinner Monday night. I'm not going to to be too hard on myself not sticking entirely to plan while I'm not feeling well, my appetite is suppressed for sure but if I crave something like cheese, etc I'm going to have it. I will do my best to stick as close to plan as possible but at this point I feel if something sounds good I should probably have it to keep me going.

Hope everyone is having a good day, back to bed for me!
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #772

Feel better Ashley
Old 02-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks, DD80. I appreciate all of that!

I don't really take anything for the yeast. Maybe should, but I never stick with it. There are SO many options out there, and so many people swear by so many different things, it just gets too confusing.
It is confusing, but so is dieting. Start by taking a good probiotic. I also take coconut oil, caprylic acid, and kolorex along with my other daily vitamins. It has worked wonders for me and I feel much better.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #774
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rapunzel64
Stats: 174.8/171/135
WOE: My own version of LC
Start Date: 1/9/2012
So long, WW

I've decided to forego WW for a while and just "do my own thing," using Sparkspeople to log my food and keep track of carbs. Since Monday, I've lost 2 pounds so apparently this is working for me!

I've had a bit of added motivation: my longtime boyfriend proposed to me on 1/21, we're "tying the knot" on Feb 29th! Though I'm not starving myself to get into a dress (I'm too old for such silliness!), I would like to lose a couple of pounds for the big day.

Hope to see you all around the boards even though I'm not a WW for now.

Michele

My blog: http://inpursuitofmyinnerpinup.blogspot.com/
rapunzel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #775
Major LCF Poster!

Wow congrat rapunzel64!!!!!!!

Menu:
L - Ham, cheese, pepper, onion 2 egg omelette 9pts 3carbs
D - 1/5 sloppy joe's(2lbs & lindas recipe) , side salad 14pts 10carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 27pts, 17carbs
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations, Michele! We'll miss having you around, but it sounds like you've got a lot of good stuff going on.

Pam, you've inspired me to start tracking my points AND my carbs for a few days. I feel SO much better after having a lower-carb day yesterday. Here's what I ate:
B - coffee w/HWC, splenda, 2 string cheese
L - bunless burger, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, Granny Smith apple
D - smoked ham, tossed salad w/mushrooms, sunflower seeds, tomato and ranch
That came out to 39 WW points and 30 carbs. So, I was within my PP range (39) AND kept the carbs lower than they've been in ages. The apple added about 15 carbs just by itself, but it's real food, lots of fiber, low-sugar AND zero PP value, so I'm calling that good!

Sometimes I feel like I need to cut back on the dairy, but I love it SO much. Maybe if I can keep my carbs down, it won't be a problem. We'll see.

Hope all of you have a great day. I'm on vacation tomorrow, so you may not see me again until Monday...
Old 02-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Congratulations, Michele! We'll miss having you around, but it sounds like you've got a lot of good stuff going on.

Pam, you've inspired me to start tracking my points AND my carbs for a few days. I feel SO much better after having a lower-carb day yesterday. Here's what I ate:
B - coffee w/HWC, splenda, 2 string cheese
L - bunless burger, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, Granny Smith apple
D - smoked ham, tossed salad w/mushrooms, sunflower seeds, tomato and ranch
That came out to 39 WW points and 30 carbs. So, I was within my PP range (39) AND kept the carbs lower than they've been in ages. The apple added about 15 carbs just by itself, but it's real food, lots of fiber, low-sugar AND zero PP value, so I'm calling that good!

Sometimes I feel like I need to cut back on the dairy, but I love it SO much. Maybe if I can keep my carbs down, it won't be a problem. We'll see.

Hope all of you have a great day. I'm on vacation tomorrow, so you may not see me again until Monday...
I love dairy too! I'm restricted from it right now which makes it even more apparent that I have a dairy problem! I have dreams about low carb cheesecake.

I think you are going to see a difference when you start counting carbs again. I think it's good to know our tolerance limit for them. Don't be afraind of fruit, just maybe limit it to once/twice per day and smaller servings.

I'm jealous you get 39 PPs. I get 30. Not hard to stick to that on Medi (well, I'm under since I'm on Medi), but when I'm eating normally, it's tough! I was glad that they revised the PPs since I didn't think it was right that I, at 5'10", had the same PPs as someone who was 5'2". It didn't make sense. I was so happy for my extra point! LOL.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #778

I just wanted to say good morning..to everyone.. congrats on your losses...wonderful... I am trying to get back on the straight path here.. so far so good!! however it's only 11am my time LOL!! have a great day everyone..
Old 02-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #779
Blabbermouth!!!

Michele: Congratulations! That is wonderful.

I might be MIA for a few days. My brother passed away this morning. It was so unexpected and I think I'm in shock. My stomach hurts really bad and I can't concentrate on much. I'm next to the youngest of 10 siblings. One of my brothers passed away in July. I was very close to him and it knocked me for a loop but he had been sick for a long time. Now I have lost 2 of my 5 brothers and so close together. This is the not fun part of getting older but being one of the youngest in a large family.

It was interesting to read about how many of you have the same reaction to carbs as I do. Mostly quick weight gain.

I'm counting WW points and also counting grams of protein. When I can get close to 100 grams of lean protein in every day I lose weight fast and have lots of energy. I eat dairy, but it's lactose free and fat free. does not bother me or slow down the loss when I'm restricting carbs.

OK, I need to go. My oldest sister went into the hospital this morning for a clogged artery. On top of everything else we had a water main break in our neighborhood and they turned off our water. I can't even take a shower and I'm trying to pack because we are supposed to leave for a trip today and now I have to decide whether or not to fly across the country to be with my brothers and sisters. Even if I catch the earliest flight tomorrow I won't be there in time for the wake...sorry if I'm rambling. Just trying to figure things out.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #780

OMG!! Yam-Yam.. there are no words I can say.. except that I am so so so sorry.. my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family....