Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #721
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Well since it is confession time....my turn

I have been having a horrible time with night time eating. For the past 3 nights I have been eating chips and lunchmeats...ughhhh. I stepped on the scale this am and am up 1.5lbs since weigh-in last week. My meeting is Friday so I am just hoping to stay totally on program and break even.

Shari...you are right..WW works if you follow the rules like tracking ect....I am vowing to do that from this second on...no excuses I have e-tools on my phone.

I need to look into that coconut oil article..thanks for the link Ashes.

Have a great day everyone "if you bite it-you write it"

Teri
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #722
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Teri: Drink lots of water and lots and lots of iced green tea!! That will get rid of all the salt.

My official WI is Friday but I decided to make it early this week because I will be out of town Friday. I stepped on the scale and it was down -2.2 from last Friday's WI. Woo-Hoooo! That means I lost the 1.4 I had gained in Florida plus a bit more. Whew! So, I went ahead and changed my stats under my avatar because I finally believe it's going away!

Decided to take the plunge and switch to SFT this morning. I think it will go well with the experimental tweaks I'm doing. lol. Also, I didn't realize it, but I think I was getting bored with the tracking. This is something new and should be fun!

Didn't realize, since I've never done SFT before, that when you type in a food to enter it into your on line tracker it shows up with a green triangle INSTEAD of points. That's so cool!

I just bought a new air popper and love it. Was thinking if I ever want to be really indulgent I will make some popped corn and spray w/ ICBINB. Just entered it to check if I would get docked any WPs. NOPE! It's a power food w/ a green triangle. Wooo-Hooooo!

Anyway, I might not do it because I've been sticking to LC really well this week and it got me a good loss. But I will do SFT. Love the on line tracker!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #723
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Good Morning Ladies....

Teri.. I just have to say me too!! the past 3 days have been horrendous.. I am so stressed and I immediately turn to food.. grrr I am trying to get a handle on it now....So I ate a big huge protein breakfast.. to keep me full and away from food..it uses a lot of my points.. but I still have alot left...

Yam-Yam.. Congrtas on your weight loss!!

I am still kind of perplexed how WW has this negativity towards good fat and protein.. I have never been a big fat eater.. due to my body can't handle it.. but it's protein that keeps me full longer.. aww well.. either way the past 3 days, I have done crappy...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #724
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Good morning all! Working and having some coffee and FF Greek yogurt with sweetener and cinnamon for breakfast. I think I could live off Greek yogurt and quinoa if I had to, they're two of my favorite foods, which is good because they're power foods and chock full of protein!

Maybe there is something in the air this week because I've been having cravings a lot myself this week and have had a really hard time not caving in to them. I've been good so far and when I feel like I want a slice of pizza or some ice cream I remind myself of how good it's felt to put on clothes and feel how they've become looser - that usually straightens me right up!

I noticed some people talking about Diet Coke - I love it and drink way too much, I admit it. However, what I do is I alternate between glasses of DC and water which seems to keep me from overindulging too much. I haven't noticed it affect my losses, thankfully, but still drinking to drink less of it.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Ashley
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
WTG, Yam-Yam!! Losing while on vacation is a real victory!

Melinda, just hang in there. I'm coming off a bad month myself, so I know how you feel. But just two days back on track are already making me feel a lot better--and in control. Stress can be tough, and for a lot of us, it causes a beeline for comfort food (chocolate, chips, ice cream, whatever). That seems to be one of the things they want you to learn to handle, but it can be HARD, especially if you've done it for a lifetime (like me). Hope you have a good day today...

Welp, I am back on track, feeling good, hoping for a good, clean week. I was up 2.2 at weigh-in yesterday but very grateful it wasn't TWELVE-point-2!!! (roll eyes) Now I have a whole week to work the plan and track every bite. Planning to see those 2.2 gone by this time next week.

Have a great Thursday, all!!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #726

Thank you Shari.. you have hit the nail on the head with me.. stress for me equals binging, a whole lifetime.... I said to myself this morning, today is a new day!!!! Have the best week Shari. I hope you lose lots and I hope I am right there with you!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
I wish I could even blame mine on stress, but unfortunately I am just weak... bingeing is something I have not kicked yet... and very stressed. I had 2 days off eating, not "bingeing" exactly, but overeating and eating wrong, and am almost back to where I was when I started a week ago Monday!! UGH!! I hate my weakness....
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #728

Cathy me too...but stress tips it bad for me.. but once I start I can't stop eating everything in sight...know what I mean?? I can't just have a cup of something or a handful of something, it's all or nothing and it isn't pretty.. feels like after a war, once the binging stops...I lost 16 pounds in 2 weeks, and I swear I have gained 8 of those back.. I feel so ashamed.. it's not even funny.. this morning I had 3 handfuls of chips and had to yell at myself to stop...so hoping that will fit somewhere in the points for me...it's kind of comforting to know, that we share in this problem.....if that makes sense..
Old 01-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

I feel you Melinda. I always start the day out right, and I exercise and feel good, and then If I start, its downhill after that, and I hate myself for being so weak..I gain like none other too. I eat bad one day, 5 lbs the next morning (water weight as well from the carbs) then I eat bad a second day in a row with the first, 10 lbs the next day, so 10 lbs in 2 days... Now, if I eat okay, and on task, or mostly water, I can drop the 10 lbs in 3 or 4 days (since it was mostly water weight) but its a horrible cycle!! And I have been dieting for so long now, I am pretty sure I am so screwed up I cannot lose on any of them anymore!! UGH!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #730
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, do we ever need a big GROUP HUG this morning.......... I keep telling myself that I will NOT be defeated by a cookie. Or chips. Or a drive-through window!! Ha!! But it's so easy to fall back into those old habits. I'm really thinking that, for me, this has to be a true one-day-at-a-time enterprise. Sometimes, it's one-hour-at-a-time.

But even with slip-ups, we need to not kick ourselves too hard. A WW leader many years ago told me something that sometimes helps:

We eat 21 meals a week. If we can control just 18 of those meals, we will still succeed!! It may be slower, but we can't belittle ourselves for just a handful of trip-ups. No one is perfect. Just shoot for the best you can do that day, hope for a decent percentage (even 18/21), and keep on plugging!!!

Old 01-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #731

Cathy, I am just like you!!! I too can gain 5 pounds in a day and then the next day.. however I can't take it off that fast...unless I starve myself...ever since teenhood, that is my nasty habit secret, binge/starve, you wouldn't think coming from someone my size, but yes it's all true..I think if I can ever get back on track for more than 2 weeks, I may find that I can fit little treats in, here and there without affecting myself as much I do.. it's like I am my own worst enemy...like I said again this morning I had maybe 4 servings of potato chips and I had to yell at myself to put it away and what am I doing...and hoping if I don't eat breakfast or lunch I haven't done that much damage.. it really is a battle, and we are so in that same boat.. but I also feel, that as long as we try everyday, then at least we haven't give up...grrrr I know..
Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #732

Thanks Shari... that makes so much sense.. sometimes, it's even minute by minute...

I remember a group leader once telling us, this has nothing do what we are talking about.. but she said, that we will spend tons of money on Sarah Lee cakes and pies, but we won't spend a few bucks on a new veggie LOL! that's what I remember...
Old 01-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

Well Melinda, we will have to figure it out together then. I am so addicted to carbs its not funny, and I also would rather eat cake/cookies/froyo than a good for you meal anyday... How sad is that?? I lost 90 lbs on Nutrisystems, and then started bouncing around 20 lbs... up down, and now I am still bouncing that same 20 (at the upper end of it now of course) I got within 3 or 4 lbs of my goal in May and started gaining again and now, I cannot lose no matter what plan I am on... or control myself for that matter. My bulimia is controlling me and it sucks!!

But after 2 days of not eating right, I am going to behave today!! I am going to be good and I am going to eat right.

And also, the 4 days of getting rid of 10 lbs is mostly starving myself to do it too, or really low calories... but I feel so awful once I do it, I have to try to "fix" it. Right now, most of my clothes are not fitting and I dont want to buy new ones, so I am going to go nekkie soon, or i better figure it out!!

Hugs back at you.... lets figure it out!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:22 AM   #734

We will Cathy... hugs and hugs.. we just can't starve ourselves, and we have to let it happen, with none of our eating disorders grabbing a hold..but I am telling you, we are like peas in a pod with this...I think for us, it's like Shari says, we have to take it meal by meal....I think it's good we talk about it..maybe get hints or tips...I know for sure, sadly I am a self saboteur....

OK the plumber is an hour and half late...grrr...
Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Melinda, sometimes its nice to know you are not the "only" one ... hugs back...
Old 01-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #736
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 226/218/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 8/5/2013
Looks like we all have our struggles. I figure if dieting was easy it wouldn't be a Mulit-Billion dollar business. I had a bad day Tuesday. I didn't even bother tracking it...I just figure ALL my weekly points are history and now I have to REALLY stick to it.

Good luck friends!!
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:36 PM   #737
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Wow...it looks like I am not alone in my poor eating this week...Maybe there is something in the air??

I'll join in on the group (((HUG))))....Like you guys said either we are yelling at ourselves for eating chips/ or we are great until nighttime then binging (that's me) on chips or any fatty foods...like I'm a fat addict...real mayo and bologna sandwiches put me over the edge...I guess I am an addict...Is there a Fat rehab facility?

Well weigh in is tomorrow...I am DREADING it and I have to force myself to go...I hate when the numbers go up!!

We totally have to turn ourselves around from this minute on.....Lets go

Teri
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Looks like everyone is having a bit of a rough week, huh? I am too, that TOM is approaching and making me crave stuff. Luckily one of the things I'm craving is cheese (I love it) so I'm sort of giving in to that craving and deducting from my weekly points but I still feel a tad guilty.

Working really hard to resist the urge to cave - I refuse to undo something I have worked so hard for!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #739
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 172/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 3 eggs, goat cheese, spinach 7pts 2.5carbs
L - chicken salad 7 pts2carbs
D - beef,broccoli, onion stirfry,side salad, 1 hard boiled egg 6pts 7.5carbs
S = 1/2 cup coffee,hwc,splenda, tea, jello,cheese 4pts 4carbs

Total = 26pts, 18carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

MY TOM is also due on Monday, and I think it has contributed to the food urges, I am also so up on the scale, hope that it is contributing to that as well.. Booo HISS!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #741
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
MY TOM is also due on Monday, and I think it has contributed to the food urges, I am also so up on the scale, hope that it is contributing to that as well.. Booo HISS!!!
Ugh, it's terrible what it does, making things wacky!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes20 View Post
Ugh, it's terrible what it does, making things wacky!
Yes and I do it again for ovulation time, so really, I am lucky if I can lose weight 1 week out a month with all the bloat and crap from being a "GIRL"... menopause, oh where are you??? LOL
Old 01-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy, don't put too much stake in good ol' menopause. I've been in it for nearly 15 years (yes, really!), and I STILL have cravings and mood swings--and the added fun of hot flashes!! (they're getting better, but it's taken ages) Supposedly the hormone cycle remains. All we lose is "the event." (roll eyes)

Still doing good with the tracking. I even ate Girl Scout cookies last night!! But I tracked them and called it a day. Today's going OK so far. I've already logged what I'm having for supper, so all I have to do it eat that--and nothing else!! Maybe an apple, if I'm still hungry. DH and DD are going to a basketball game, so I'll have the house to myself for the evening. Luckily, I have a good book to read, so the cat and I will just snuggle up and stay busy turning pages...instead of looking for food!

If things go well, I will get menus planned for the next couple of weeks. I'm doing it to stay on track but also to save money...and to use up what's in the freezer.

Yeah, this was one of those weeks, wasn't it?? The "Feed Me Fairy" was working overtime. Maybe she'll hightail it outta here for a while. We can hope!

Have a great weekend!!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 172/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Good moring all,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 eggs, goat cheese, spinach 7pts 3carbs
L - diced chicken, cheese, 2 cups salad, ranch dressing 7pts 5carbs
D - deep dish pizza, sausage,onion,pepper (1/2) 24pts 12carbs

Total = 38pts, 20carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #745

Good Saturday Morning...

I had a fantastic 2 weeks...this week has been horrendous..don't even want to look.. I know I lost 16 pounds the first two weeks.. but this week. my third week, I probably put back on 8..so I am going to pick myself up, dust me off, hug me and today is a brand new fresh start...I went from 324 to 308.. and today I am probably 316 again..grrrr so I wish everyone a great week.. this is the start of my week...It is so hard to admit the gain, but I did and hopefully it will move down to a nice number next Saturday..

Is anyone cooking anything special this weekend?? a good recipe? I love cooking new things on Sunday for the family...wondering if anyone had any tried and true recipe they love..

Last edited by crazyone; 01-28-2012 at 06:23 AM..
Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Good Saturday Morning...

I had a fantastic 2 weeks...this week has been horrendous..don't even want to look.. I know I lost 16 pounds the first two weeks.. but this week. my third week, I probably put back on 8..so I am going to pick myself up, dust me off, hug me and today is a brand new fresh start...I went from 324 to 308.. and today I am probably 316 again..grrrr so I wish everyone a great week.. this is the start of my week...It is so hard to admit the gain, but I did and hopefully it will move down to a nice number next Saturday..

Is anyone cooking anything special this weekend?? a good recipe? I love cooking new things on Sunday for the family...wondering if anyone had any tried and true recipe they love..
Good morning Melinda! Hope you're enjoying this great weather this weekend!

So what was your weigh in? I'm willing to bet it wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be. I've had weeks where I thought I totally blew it and was pleasantly surprised, you just never know!

I'm trying to think of something tasty to make for dinner tonight, something with chicken, but nothing has come to mind yet...
Old 01-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #747

Good Morning Ashley.. I gained 8 pounds!! and I was doing very well yesterday.. till hubs came home and I blew it.. so again today a great new start... just roasting some veggies.. making a chicken braised with veggies.. keeping it simple..I have a doctor's apt end of Feb.. and I really really really need to kick in high gear now.. that I have sabotaged myself badly...

We are having such warm weather, aren't we???

Well I wish everyone a great WW day!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #748
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Morning Ashley.. I gained 8 pounds!! and I was doing very well yesterday.. till hubs came home and I blew it.. so again today a great new start... just roasting some veggies.. making a chicken braised with veggies.. keeping it simple..I have a doctor's apt end of Feb.. and I really really really need to kick in high gear now.. that I have sabotaged myself badly...

We are having such warm weather, aren't we???

Well I wish everyone a great WW day!!!
I like your attitude - don't let the gain get you down, just get back on that horse! Every day, every meal, is a fresh start!

I think it will be chicken and veggies for me tonight too, plus some quinoa of course! I had gluten free waffles with ICBINB spray and some coffee for breakfast, which was 6 points, but all good, used the weeklies.

Very warm, too warm for January! I'm at my bosses house in Venice for 3 weeks so it's a little cooler over here but not too much. Sure is gorgeous out today though, and I think it's going to be a tad cooler which makes me happy!

Have a great day!
Old 01-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #749

I just bought some quinoa at Sprouts.. I bought like a half a cup of it.. just to try it..I can't wait...My weeklies start on Saturday, so that is all gone plus a month's worth...Venice must be gorgeous right now..I told hubs I want to go down to the beach but early in the morning.. just sit and relax.. and smell and look at the ocean.. before the crowds come.. I said OMG if I sat on the sand they would need a huge crane to lift me up LOL.. Anyway you have a great day yourself...
Old 01-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #750
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I just bought some quinoa at Sprouts.. I bought like a half a cup of it.. just to try it..I can't wait...My weeklies start on Saturday, so that is all gone plus a month's worth...Venice must be gorgeous right now..I told hubs I want to go down to the beach but early in the morning.. just sit and relax.. and smell and look at the ocean.. before the crowds come.. I said OMG if I sat on the sand they would need a huge crane to lift me up LOL.. Anyway you have a great day yourself...
Make sure you rinse the quinoa really well before cooking. I also like to toast mine as well - put it in a skillet and toast it lightly (it will start popping and smell a bit like popcorn) then rinse really, really well. If you don't rinse well it will have a bitter taste to it so make sure you rinse the heck out of it!

You can do a lot with it and add pretty much whatever you want to it. Let me know how you like it!

It is pretty here today but trying to take a nap of sorts - up super early yesterday, little sleep last night and up early again today, I'm totally beat!