Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
I have 3 Great Pyrenees all over 120 pounds.. whew Cathy!!! LOL...So I just wanted to share my weigh in....

January 7th-324.6--starting

January 14th--316.4

January 21st--308.8

I just keep thinking to myself it's a fluke...and not giving myself or WW any credit yet....keep thinking ok but wait until this week!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #692
Senior LCF Member
 
Ashes20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 82
Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I have 3 Great Pyrenees all over 120 pounds.. whew Cathy!!! LOL...So I just wanted to share my weigh in....

January 7th-324.6--starting

January 14th--316.4

January 21st--308.8

I just keep thinking to myself it's a fluke...and not giving myself or WW any credit yet....keep thinking ok but wait until this week!!
Those are BIG kids! Wow!

Congrats on the loss, that's great - keep up the good work!

Last edited by Ashes20; 01-21-2012 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: spelling
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #693
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Thank you so much!! Looking what I posted.. I feel so fat!!!

Big dogs make big messes....!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #694
Junior LCF Member
 
terimarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 44
Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Hi All

I am so glad that Low carb friends has a WW board. I do use the WW site too, but many questions about points ect get removed it's nice to have a place where you can actually talk about points and specifics

I found LCF because I started South beach diet in November with good success 8 lbs in 2 weeks then nothing..I craved fruits like crazy and was unhappy. I did WW several years ago and only had success with the Simply filling plan (used to be called Core). When I got to goal I relaxed and it ALL came back with some extra.

Now I am 1 &1/2 weeks into the simply filling plan. LOVE it....I feel better...no processed foods (except Fat free cheeses...go figure), whole grains and unlimited fruits and vegies. My first weigh in I lost 4.2 lbs...sooo happy.

Ashes I saw that you are also on SF..how do you feel about it? I am searching for recipis that are mostly to all SF. Have you found any?

I will check in often and I am glad this board exists.......Teri
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #695
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
I have 3 Great Pyrenees all over 120 pounds.. whew Cathy!!! LOL...So I just wanted to share my weigh in....

January 7th-324.6--starting

January 14th--316.4

January 21st--308.8

I just keep thinking to myself it's a fluke...and not giving myself or WW any credit yet....keep thinking ok but wait until this week!!
Crazy, wow, I love big dogs too! Our middle baby is like 160 lbs and our baby girl (who is the oldest is actually only like 90 lbs...) she is real small for a saint, but she is sweet)

Great job on the losses!! I hope I can get a good set of numbers after my first week (I never count them for me, as its always water weight...) but I am still hopeful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terimarie View Post
Hi All

I am so glad that Low carb friends has a WW board. I do use the WW site too, but many questions about points ect get removed it's nice to have a place where you can actually talk about points and specifics

I found LCF because I started South beach diet in November with good success 8 lbs in 2 weeks then nothing..I craved fruits like crazy and was unhappy. I did WW several years ago and only had success with the Simply filling plan (used to be called Core). When I got to goal I relaxed and it ALL came back with some extra.

Now I am 1 &1/2 weeks into the simply filling plan. LOVE it....I feel better...no processed foods (except Fat free cheeses...go figure), whole grains and unlimited fruits and vegies. My first weigh in I lost 4.2 lbs...sooo happy.

Ashes I saw that you are also on SF..how do you feel about it? I am searching for recipis that are mostly to all SF. Have you found any?

I will check in often and I am glad this board exists.......Teri
Teri,
I am not sure I understand the difference still between the WWPP and the SFT?? Whats the difference? You just eat as much as you want from the SFT but on the list... and not count points? confused!! the list looks a lot like the power foods, not sure its exact though, have not examined it too much. I have never done WW before now, this week, so I know nothing of the "old" plans vs the new plans... any help?
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #696
Junior LCF Member
 
terimarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 44
Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Cathy Yes..I only eat from the power foods list and do not count points I still track (on my e-tools/phone ) and if I have a processed food..ie glass of wine the tracker will only deduct the amt of points from my weekly points allowance ( 49 ). You do not have to follow a daily points allowance as long as you eat power foods. The list of power foods is extensive and real easy to follow.

You still have to keep in mind portion control...ie just because a light ww english muffin is a power food, does not mean you can have 10 in a day.

The first week of doing the simply filling plan is hard, and I felt hunger and cravings...but on week 2 I am usually pretty full an can eat 8 times a day as long as it is on that power foods list.

I find this plan way easier to mold into a "normal" lifestyle and have found better results.

Teri

p.s....your pic is so cute and my girls are begging for a dog...almost giving in, but not quite there yet
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #697
Junior LCF Member
 
terimarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 44
Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Ashes...your doggie pic is soooo cute too!!! I see you are doing simply filling with me. How are you feeling about it? I am loving it.!!!

Teri
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #698
Senior LCF Member
 
Ashes20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 82
Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by terimarie View Post
Ashes...your doggie pic is soooo cute too!!! I see you are doing simply filling with me. How are you feeling about it? I am loving it.!!!

Teri
Hi Teri - thank you so much! Yes I'm also doing SFT, switched plans after 2 weeks on PP and I like it so much better. Tomorrow is my weigh in so I guess that will be the true test.

Haven't come up with any fabulous recipes as of yet but I will keep you posted. One thing I do know, however, is that going into my next week I'm not going to do fat free cheese, half and half, etc. I'm going to use regular, in moderation, and see how it goes. I guess I just don't understand why you would have a diet that is so clean and free of processed food but allow that stuff, you know?

Can't wait to hear about your progress!
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #699
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by terimarie View Post
Cathy Yes..I only eat from the power foods list and do not count points I still track (on my e-tools/phone ) and if I have a processed food..ie glass of wine the tracker will only deduct the amt of points from my weekly points allowance ( 49 ). You do not have to follow a daily points allowance as long as you eat power foods. The list of power foods is extensive and real easy to follow.

You still have to keep in mind portion control...ie just because a light ww english muffin is a power food, does not mean you can have 10 in a day.

The first week of doing the simply filling plan is hard, and I felt hunger and cravings...but on week 2 I am usually pretty full an can eat 8 times a day as long as it is on that power foods list.

I find this plan way easier to mold into a "normal" lifestyle and have found better results.

Teri

p.s....your pic is so cute and my girls are begging for a dog...almost giving in, but not quite there yet
When you say you still track... what do you track then? Just processed foods (off the power list) or do you track calories too? Do you know how many calories you eating? I guess what i am looking for, whats the benefit of eating off the power list and nothing else? Does it work better than the points?
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #700
Junior LCF Member
 
terimarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 44
Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Cathy I have an i-phone and e-ttols so I track everything I eat. For example if I have a baked potato with butter my tracker will only deduct points for the butter. There is more freedom to not having to count every point you eat...too easy for me to eat an entire days worth of points on a cheesesteak.

Now I just make healthy choices with everything I eat so I wont have to deduct points from my weekly 49 points. I usually save some points for a glass of wine on the weekends. This has forced me to eat brown rice, Whole wheat pasta, and lean meats....very low carb

oh yeah...unlimited fruits and vegies so kinda like South beach with bonuses

Check out the weightwatchers website and look up Simply filling plan and power foods. Also check out the power foods message board over there.

Teri
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #701
Senior LCF Member
 
Ashes20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 82
Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Hi Cathy, just jumping in here as I saw your question for Teri about tracking. I also track everything in my WW tracker - if it's a power food it has a green triangle and if not it calculates points and deducts from your weeklies or activity points.

For me I like SFT better than points because the power foods are clean healthy foods, apart of the nonfat items which I don't really care for. I know for me, when counting points I tend to eat more convenience types of foods that are processed so I eat healthier when sticking to the power foods and in turn feel so much better.

Ashley

Last edited by Ashes20; 01-22-2012 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Add name
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #702
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Teri, I am just kind of curious about something.. because I am coming from Atkins, to a Weight Watchers lower carb.. Does the whole wheat pasta, the carb count, does that scare you??? it terrifies me.. maybe I have to get out of the Atkins mind set...I did purchase some brown rice, because a half a cup of it, is doable in carbs for me.. just curious...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #703
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Ashes.. is there an updated list online somewhere... the one for 2012..I think I mentioned my dogs took my WW info outside...I know WW gives no info on their site...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #704
Senior LCF Member
 
Ashes20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 82
Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Ashes.. is there an updated list online somewhere... the one for 2012..I think I mentioned my dogs took my WW info outside...I know WW gives no info on their site...
If you log into the WW you should be able to find it there - do you have a log in? I assume since you went to meetings you have a membership so you should be able to access it through the site.

Ashley
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #705
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
thanks Ashes.. I will go there and look...!!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #706
Junior LCF Member
 
terimarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 44
Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Melinda

No as long as the ingredents list only whole wheat flour not a mixture, and I usually eat carbs like Quinoia (sp), bulger not breads as carbs.

We need carbs for our bodies to function and as Ashes mentioned these are the clean, healthy, natural carbs not junky carbs like doughnuts.

Teri
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #707
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,595
Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Terimarie.. thank you so much for your answer..It makes so much sense...I have to try this Quinoa...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #708
Major LCF Poster!
 
SHinOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,525
Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Quote:
Haven't come up with any fabulous recipes as of yet but I will keep you posted. One thing I do know, however, is that going into my next week I'm not going to do fat free cheese, half and half, etc. I'm going to use regular, in moderation, and see how it goes. I guess I just don't understand why you would have a diet that is so clean and free of processed food but allow that stuff, you know?
OMGoodness--that is exactly what I wanted to ask you: What about fats?? WW is so fat-phobic still, but I would starve without it and HATE the taste of LF and FF foods (gag). Is the SF plan completely fat-free, or are you allowed fats that don't have to come from your weeklies? I seem to remember it giving you just a couple of TEAspoons of fat/day. To me, that's far too little to keep you full. Eating "clean" is sort of a person-by-person concept, I think. "Clean" to me doesn't exclude fat. But to WW, it seems to.

What do you think???
__________________
Shari (SH) in Oklahoma (OK)

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #709
Senior LCF Member
 
Ashes20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 82
Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
OMGoodness--that is exactly what I wanted to ask you: What about fats?? WW is so fat-phobic still, but I would starve without it and HATE the taste of LF and FF foods (gag). Is the SF plan completely fat-free, or are you allowed fats that don't have to come from your weeklies? I seem to remember it giving you just a couple of TEAspoons of fat/day. To me, that's far too little to keep you full. Eating "clean" is sort of a person-by-person concept, I think. "Clean" to me doesn't exclude fat. But to WW, it seems to.

What do you think???
Hi Shari!

The SFT is fat free, something that bothers me immensely because as we all know, we do need fat in our diet. I agree, I think WW is very fat phobic, but I feel fat (in moderation of course) is better for you than a lot of the WW processed convenience products, but again that's my personal opinion.

For me, I usually have two tablespoons of coconut oil per day (not WW version of healthy oil, which is olive oil and the like and they say teaspoons, which I feel is too little. Coconut oil is ridiculously good for you and it's my oil of choice for everything - I even put it in my coffee sometimes!) of which I don't count points for, then will factor in regular cheese, cream, etc and deduct those points from my weeklies/activity points. The only FF thing I don't mind is the half and half, but everything else needs to go, it tastes terrible!

For me, I feel clean eating is eating foods that are minimally, if at all, processed, and that includes fats.
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #710
Major LCF Poster!
 
pcaltman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 egg, cheese 7pts 2carbs
L - chicken salad 7pts 2carbs
D - chicken divan 6pts 6carbs
D - Side salad 4pts 4carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 28pts, 18carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #711
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Ashes, if I use oil, I also use coconut oil... I have heard many good things about it too. I try not too eat too many processed foods, but do eat a few things... luckily I drink my coffee black, so no worries on the fat free HNH for me!! LOL
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #712
Blabbermouth!!!
 
ArdMaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 7,154
Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Hi guys! I see a bunch of you are following SFT, aren't you still supposed to get your Healthy Oils in on the Simply Filling plan?

I LOVE tracking my points! I have been tracking 100% and it motivates me to do so.

Week #1 -7.2Lb
Week#2 -1Lb
Week #3 -2.6 Grand Total -10.8Lb

Mondays Menu:

B: 2 C coffee w/half&half, 2 HB eggs, 2 clementines (6pp)
L: WW veg. soup (0pp), Chobani Greek yogurt(5pp)
S: ww light English muffin (3pp) 1Tbsp Natural PB (3pp) Polaner all fruit spread (1pp)
D: Salad w/2HB eggs and dressing (6pp), Smart ones Cheeseburger (5pp), Pudding (3pp)
Later: 3 glasses wine (12pp ) Total 41 (I used all my daily+2 weekly points)

I only have wine once a week or so. I should have had 2 glasses, but oh well.
__________________
My name is August
I used to be Scandalouslyglam...
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #713
Major LCF Poster!
 
SHinOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,525
Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
August, I think the healthy oils allotment is 2 teaspoons/day. That's almost nothing! But I'm convinced that we need a good amount of fat in our diet. Haven't tried the SF plan yet, because I was worried that I'd starve, and I won't eat LF or FF products. But if I could do it and still eat some good fat, it might be OK.

Wow--great job on the loss!! You have to feel great about that!!
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #714
Major LCF Poster!
 
SHinOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,525
Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
OK.................I've been having a big talk with myself. All day long. For a whole MONTH, I haven't lost anything. In fact, I'm up several pounds right now. But you know what? For a whole month, I have NOT been tracking regularly. When tracking happens (for me), weight loss happens. Even if I make some not-so-smart choices here and there or eat every last point I have coming to me, WW WORKS. But I haven't even been tracking, and I've been eating much larger portions and just sort of feeling out of control. Knowing what to do and actually doing it are two very different things--at least for this old girl!!

So, tomorrow is my meeting day. More than likely, I will be up. But I am vowing right here, right now to bite the bullet and TRACK like crazy!! It's a waste of my time and money to have these tools and not even use them. The plan worked when I worked the plan. For a few weeks, I've just played around with it. Tomorrow is an open house day for our employees to let them attend a WW meeting and let them see how it works. I'd sure rather be a good example than a bad one!!

Anyhow, just had to throw that out there as a true confession...
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #715
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,312
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
August: Congrats on your great losses so far!

Shari: Enjoy your meeting tomorrow. I understand what you mean about paying and then not using the tools. I've been tracking but not as faithfully as I was in the beginning. I really, really enjoyed it at first. Now it seems like one more thing on my to-do list. Plus, we have been traveling soooooo much and I don't always get on line when we are away.

We will be heading out to another conference tomorrow. I'll take my lap top with me and see if I can do a better job. When we were in Florida I did not track at all but I did sort of keep a running total in my head and tried to choose wisely.

Well, I'm off to a meeting. We have to sign some re-fi documents with a notary.
__________________
Yam-Yam

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #716
Senior LCF Member
 
Ashes20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 82
Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post
Hi guys! I see a bunch of you are following SFT, aren't you still supposed to get your Healthy Oils in on the Simply Filling plan?

I LOVE tracking my points! I have been tracking 100% and it motivates me to do so.

Week #1 -7.2Lb
Week#2 -1Lb
Week #3 -2.6 Grand Total -10.8Lb

Mondays Menu:

B: 2 C coffee w/half&half, 2 HB eggs, 2 clementines (6pp)
L: WW veg. soup (0pp), Chobani Greek yogurt(5pp)
S: ww light English muffin (3pp) 1Tbsp Natural PB (3pp) Polaner all fruit spread (1pp)
D: Salad w/2HB eggs and dressing (6pp), Smart ones Cheeseburger (5pp), Pudding (3pp)
Later: 3 glasses wine (12pp ) Total 41 (I used all my daily+2 weekly points)

I only have wine once a week or so. I should have had 2 glasses, but oh well.
Hi August - congrats on such great losses! I am doing SFT and I do add oil but not olive, I use coconut oil. Not considered by WW to be a healthy oil but it is, in fact, really very good for you. I haven't noticed it impact my losses negatively at all, which makes me really happy.

Looks like the PP plan is really working well for you, that's fantastic!
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #717
Senior LCF Member
 
Ashes20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Posts: 82
Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Ashes, if I use oil, I also use coconut oil... I have heard many good things about it too. I try not too eat too many processed foods, but do eat a few things... luckily I drink my coffee black, so no worries on the fat free HNH for me!! LOL
I got into coconut oil when my dog Dexter (the one in my photo) was diagnosed with cancer. Cancer fighting properties are just one of it's benefits so I started adding it to his food, I wish I had known about it sooner because I would have given it all along. Finding out how great it was I started using it myself and I love it.

Sadly Dexter lost his battle with the cancer but I continue to give it to Angus, my Brussels Griffon and Connor, my new adopted Mini Schnauzer, every day as a supplement to their raw diet because it's so healthy and good for them. Even my dogs are low carb!

In case anyone is interested in reading about its benefits: Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #718
Major LCF Poster!
 
pcaltman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,212
Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 eggs, goat cheese 7pts 2carbs
L - chicken salad & cheese stix 10pts 3carbs
D - taco salad 8pts 6carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 29pts, 15 carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #719
Junior LCF Member
 
terimarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delaware
Posts: 44
Gallery: terimarie
Stats: 172/164.2/130
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: November 14 2011
Well since it is confession time....my turn

I have been having a horrible time with night time eating. For the past 3 nights I have been eating chips and lunchmeats...ughhhh. I stepped on the scale this am and am up 1.5lbs since weigh-in last week. My meeting is Friday so I am just hoping to stay totally on program and break even.

Shari...you are right..WW works if you follow the rules like tracking ect....I am vowing to do that from this second on...no excuses I have e-tools on my phone.

I need to look into that coconut oil article..thanks for the link Ashes.

Have a great day everyone "if you bite it-you write it"

Teri
terimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,312
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Teri: Drink lots of water and lots and lots of iced green tea!! That will get rid of all the salt.

My official WI is Friday but I decided to make it early this week because I will be out of town Friday. I stepped on the scale and it was down -2.2 from last Friday's WI. Woo-Hoooo! That means I lost the 1.4 I had gained in Florida plus a bit more. Whew! So, I went ahead and changed my stats under my avatar because I finally believe it's going away!

Decided to take the plunge and switch to SFT this morning. I think it will go well with the experimental tweaks I'm doing. lol. Also, I didn't realize it, but I think I was getting bored with the tracking. This is something new and should be fun!

Didn't realize, since I've never done SFT before, that when you type in a food to enter it into your on line tracker it shows up with a green triangle INSTEAD of points. That's so cool!

I just bought a new air popper and love it. Was thinking if I ever want to be really indulgent I will make some popped corn and spray w/ ICBINB. Just entered it to check if I would get docked any WPs. NOPE! It's a power food w/ a green triangle. Wooo-Hooooo!

Anyway, I might not do it because I've been sticking to LC really well this week and it got me a good loss. But I will do SFT. Love the on line tracker!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.