Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Congrats!!!
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Thought I would join in and say hi! I started WW PP on Monday. Three days under my belt so far... I am down 9.8 (of course water weight, and now that the swooshes are gone, just back to slow losses) but hopefully I can stay commited to this plan for a while, since I have not been able to stick to any other recently!! I have not felt hungry or "having urges" really bad, so thats a good sign right? I am trying not to use my Weekly points and not using my Activity points either. How do you all work the extra points? Do you use them??
catjrow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #663

Hi Cathy... I am new here to this thread and to WW Points.. did Weight Watchers many yeas ago.. when it was strict.. like the protein the big as the palm of your hand strict.. was on Low carb for almost 3 years.. but the last year wasn't able to lose anything, so I switched to a lower carb WW....SO I am learning as well on this new plan...I like eating an orange every night if I want to.. but not going on overboard on that.. as for the weekly points, because I get so many points, I haven't used any of the weekly points, in fact I fall short of the daily points...Congrats on your losses...but I know what you mean, because for me it's the 2nd week and on that is the struggle.. but it looks like your doing very well..
Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #664
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Love seeing all these new people! The more, the merrier, especially when it comes to meshing these two plans.

Weigh-in yesterday was SO bad, I took another no-weigh-in day. Sigh. It's more mental than anything, though. I plan to eat plenty of protein this week, cut way back on the carbs (including fruit--I think I was overdoing it) and add a bit more fat. If nothing else, it'll keep me full and should result in a drop for next week. Hoping so, at least.

Will check back later today. Hope you all have a great day!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #665

Shari...I have so many points, making WW Low carb is so easy right now...The only thing is that WW points are so high for protein....that bugs me LOL...Good luck for your new week!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

I know!! When I did WW back in the 1970s, you HAD to eat protein--four ounces for breakfast and SIX at both lunch and dinner. They really limited the carbs back then. Weighed & measured cereal; one piece of bread/day (I remember eating super-thin sliced bread back then). Fruit was limited. Even some veggies were limited. And I lost like gangbusters on it! But now they act like protein is almost like poison! For me, pasta comes a lot closer.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #667
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
Good morning beautiful friends....

Promised myself I wasnt going to weight everyday but was curious this morning and was down 2 pounds..I know it wont continue like this but as long as I see downward movement, I will feel ok

I was a bit hungry last night about 9pm and was still quite a bit under my point so I had a ww single ice cream dessert thing..was soooo good and satisfying

meals today, pretty much like yesterday;

B; 1 cup dry cheerios
L; 6 oz grilled chicken breast, ww yogurt
D; 1 can tuna with 2 tablespoon miracle whip in lc wrap, orange
S; ww dessert

Everyone keep up the awesome work

Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
I know!! When I did WW back in the 1970s, you HAD to eat protein--four ounces for breakfast and SIX at both lunch and dinner. They really limited the carbs back then. Weighed & measured cereal; one piece of bread/day (I remember eating super-thin sliced bread back then). Fruit was limited. Even some veggies were limited. And I lost like gangbusters on it! But now they act like protein is almost like poison! For me, pasta comes a lot closer.
LOL Don't forget that pat of butter!! LOL...Remember the weight watchers Danish?? was the half of that super thin bagel with ricotta cheese, sprinkled with cinnamon and baked in the oven...I remember that super thin sliced bread too...And everything now has to be low fat or non fat.. that is my beef with WW is the protein issue and the fat issue.. but I have so many points right now I can maneuver around that..
Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
Good morning beautiful friends....

Promised myself I wasnt going to weight everyday but was curious this morning and was down 2 pounds..I know it wont continue like this but as long as I see downward movement, I will feel ok

I was a bit hungry last night about 9pm and was still quite a bit under my point so I had a ww single ice cream dessert thing..was soooo good and satisfying

meals today, pretty much like yesterday;

B; 1 cup dry cheerios
L; 6 oz grilled chicken breast, ww yogurt
D; 1 can tuna with 2 tablespoon miracle whip in lc wrap, orange
S; ww dessert

Everyone keep up the awesome work

I weigh myself everyday, it is a nasty habit I cannot break, but I put it in my journal.... who am I kidding I weigh myself a million times a day.. Congrats on your weight loss!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for the welcome. I have 26 points, and then the weekly of 49, and I tend to average 7 or 8 points a day with activity. I have never tried WW, not the old version and this is the first time with it. I did Nutrisystems about 3 or 4 years ago and lost 90 pounds, and then bounced all over for the last couple of years and am about 20 lbs up from my low of 90 lbs lost. Still have about 28 or 30 to go to get to goal, and tried HCG/ATkins/Paleo/Stillmans, none of them are working for me and tend to lead me into binges, so I am hopeful with not restricting the fruit or carbs totally and being able to eat something every once in a while I will not start binging on this one too... thats my hope anyway!!

Have you all had success with WWPP?? I hope it will work for me...

Edited to add... I also weigh daily... I think it keeps my head on straight as well... so I dont forget where I am going...if I dont weigh, I tend to binge and gain back 10 in 2 days... UGH!

Last edited by catjrow3; 01-19-2012 at 09:40 AM..
Old 01-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
SHinOK and Melinda - I am a Lifetime WW member from losing left over pregnancy gained weight after my first baby in 1985....the exchange system. It worked well for me! Part of the problem with all three of us now is that we are older too, and our metabolism has changed some. But I totally agree that doing WW as is cannot work for me....too many carbs. I did MediWeightLoss and the emphasis is on at LEAST 70 grams of protein daily. You don't want your weight loss to be from losing muscle! Eating protein at 70 grams or more (per my weight) keeps me from having the lower calorie count diet eating away at my muscles. I also check my urine with a dipstick every AM to make sure I am in ketosis and that means that I am burning FAT! But you cannot get into ketosis if your carbs are up. Like last PM, I thought I'd be okay going out for chinese chicken and garlic with lots of veggies, but the veggies included a few carrots and had hoisen sauce, which I think has sugar in it. No ketosis this am. Harrumph! (Might really have something to do with the 2/3 cup of white rice I ate too!) How is it I can live without potatoes and breads and pastas, but when rice is around????

Took my left over large bowl of egg drop soup and this AM made it into Italian wedding soup by boiling it and putting in some fresh spinach. A different kind of breakfast!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #672

OMG that soup sounds wonderful!!
May I ask Fit..what your daily menu is???
Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

Still working out my daily menu and it varies. I should get away from such processed foods, but lately I've been at least in there having one carbmaster's yogurt daily, or an EAS shake, or Pure Protein Peanut Butter bar, or turkey sausage. I really lose best when I'm in strickly purer foods, but I haven't pre-prepared and planned that just lately. Otherwise my diet is pretty much like what Yam-Yam described in post #656 but I try to stay about 600 to 900 calories daily total calories (of which 70grams or more of which is protein) in the acute weight loss/ketosis phase of the diet. I'm not going to try to teach you all about MWL....too much to it. =)

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-19-2012 at 09:54 AM..
Old 01-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #674

Fit.. I thank you....I tend to eat a later breakfast and then dinner...then feel guilty about eating dinner.. that is crazy... but you look fabulous....I think I may add a shake as well.. sometimes I just don't feel like making dinner...I didn't know how the shake would fit in for me...boy your right about age, and the weight coming off as slow as molasses...even when starving myself the weight doesn't come off...
Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

You HAVE to eat....your body needs the calories....spread out throughout the day. Not just twice or once a day. I eat at least 3 to 5 times a day. The more protein ONLY meals you have though, the less hungry you are, and you know you gotta provide your body those protein calories regularly.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #676
Major LCF Poster!

My problem when it came to MediWeightLoss maintance was not with MWL but with me taking the time to PLAN to add in the carbs correctly along with the same amount of protein. I was in grad school and the timing of it conflicted with my two jobs and grad school...I didn't plan. I just reached for food. Then when I added too much I threw in the towel and said "later" and now I'm up, up. My purpose in doing THIS thread is, now that I'm finished with grad school I am TAKING the time to see the portions of carbs and measure and learn points and combine that with my MWL. But I need to use the MWL acute plan to get me back to near goal. If I'm consistent...I should get there by summer, I hope!
Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #677
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Today's Menu:

B: 5 Grain Pita, Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge, 2 fried eggs with some added egg white, fresh salsa, almond milk

S: 6 almonds, 1 small green apple

L: Grilled Chicken and Big Salad, balsamic vinaigrette dressing

S: 6 almonds, 4oz. protein shake, small banana

D: 2oz. sliced sweet potato, fat free refried beans schmear 1T +/-, laughing cow cheese wedge, 2 slices of toasted Ezekiel bread, 2 fried eggs with added egg white, salsa on top

2 liters of water
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you LJB for your menus, gives some new ideas
Old 01-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #679
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I do better eating large lunches with breakfast and dinner being lighter.

Oh, and one recommendation by many in my lifting group is black tea. Much better for you than coffee.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #680
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah I dont like coffee at all...i am also trying to cut down on diet soda and do more diet green tea and water...right now it is water with sugar free flavor in it, but at least it is a start,,,i u sed to drink sweet tea and pop alot, so this is a huge improvement for me...
Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #681
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ashes20
WOE: WW(SFT)/Low Carb
Start Date: January 2012
So happy I found this thread! I just restarted WW the beginning of the year, having done it before a few years ago with moderate success. I decided I would give it another try as my roommate was signing up as well. I've done low carb before and feel I do very well on it so I thought I could try to do WW in a more low carb way.

Try as I might, I still found myself reaching for things such as cereal, low calories bread, etc, items I know without fail don't satisfy me and if anything make me feel hungrier. I started stressing out over points and was terrified to dip into my weeklies for fear of gaining weight - just in two weeks! After two weeks I was down nearly 7 pounds but knew I needed to change things up, so I switched over to their Simply Filling plan. Best thing I could have done.

Now I'm still doing WW but eating only what they consider power foods and keeping the carbs to a minimum. This will be my first week on this plan so I'm curious to see how it plays out on the scale on Sunday. I did have a bit of a craving tonight so I treated myself to bean burritos made with low carb tortillas and regular cheese, which will just be deducted from my weeklies. I find using those points much easier since I'm not counting points daily.

So happy to see people have success combining WW with other low carb ideas. I think personalizing a plan that works for you is definitely the way to go - congrats to everyone who's finding success!
Ashes20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi ladies,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 eggs, goat cheese,spinach 7pts 3carbs
L - buffalo wings w/blue cheese pts8 2carbs
D - 1 1/2 chicken breast w/enchilada sauce & cheese 7pts 4carbs
S - 1/2 coffee,hwc,splenda & 2 cheese stix 3pts 3carbs

Total = 27pts, 14carbs

Today I think I will start to take out the extra little snacky stuff I have been eating. Hope that helps speed things alone. Tom in the house again
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #683
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Everyone!

Had a very long, long, travel day yesterday flying back from Florida to California. I have so much work to catch up on and I just don't want to get stressed about everything. Boy do I hate getting adjusted to time changes! Bleahhh! A three hour difference really messes with my sleep.

Anyway, what a great thread. I have enjoyed all the new WW LCers!

I'm in agreement with those who have said higher protein helps us NOT lose muscle. Very important.

I joined up with WW P+ in February of 2011 so going on one year. For the first few months I did it as written. I would lose a pound or two and then it came back on so pretty much it just made me maintain. when I finally started cutting back on the fruit and carbs, I lost a bit faster.

But on August 1st I went into high gear with Low Carb. I kept tracking and counting points and getting in most of my GHGs every day. (No fruits, limited non-starchy veggies). My dairy changed to Lactose free fat free milk and fat free plain Greek Yogurt and I easily got in my 3 servings per day. More most days.

I lost 18 pounds in the month of August just switching to LC and upping my lean protein (including protein from dairy) to between 80-100 grams per day. Just started counting it on my tracker where it says "notes" and really paid attention to it every day.

My fat% started going down dramatically and lean muscle mass went up. So, YAY! So far, since August 1st, I've lost 31 pounds and I'm pretty happy with that.

Right now I'm stuck right at that 199 spot. Part of it is that I think my body is just getting used to the loss. Part of it is that I started exercising like a crazy woman, signed up with a personal trainer and began lifting weights, serious weights, 2-3 times per week. Scale # always goes up a bit when I start out, but I lose inches and go down in my clothing size.

Another part is now that I've lost this much I kinda have lost the urgency. In Dukan's book he says to beware of weariness and self-satisfaction.

Fighting that right now!

I tried to be good in Florida but did have some slip ups and too many carbs. We had the luau one night and then a "Lion King" dinner banquet the next. The food was awesome and I told myself I can get back to work on it when I get home.

Well here I am. I should not have stepped on the scale this morning because after a full day on airplanes I'm usually bloated. Oh, and yesterday I had french fries!!! Very salty, very greasy.

Anyway, the scale is up 1.8 from where it was when I left and I think a few days of tracking points and doing good solid LC with lots of lean protein, it should go back down.

I only have 2 weeks to work on it and then we are off to a mini-family reunion in Palm Springs! Yes! EEK! I'm going to have to get a mind set that I can't go off plan too much on vacations. I was good at the beginning of the week in Florida. but hey. We were at the Disney Resort!

Excuses! Excuses!

Today's menu will include salmon, Greek yogurt, eggs, probably tilapia, some spinach and maybe a romaine salad. Lots of water and green tea to chase away the water retention!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #684

Hello Everyone....

Yamyam... Thank you so much for your post.. how valuable that is for me!! I lost 125 pounds doing Atkins from June of 2009 til August of 2010...all of a sudden that year and a couple of months on low carb yielded me nothing but going up and down the same 25 pounds...I started WW PP on Saturday Jan 7th at 324 and today though tomorrow is my official weigh in I am at 309...so I think for me the points has helped me with portion control...I am staying as low carb as I can get.. with an occasional orange, if at night, my worst time, I really am jonsing for something.. I will choose just an orange..For years I have been saying for me my problem is portion control, but fellow low carbers think I am nuts...so I am just hoping this plan, WW PP, will see me thru some weight loss already...I am tired of being stuck, tired of being obese, just tired of thinking of food already...I absolutely loved your post!! I thank you again..
Old 01-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #685
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi Melinda! I like your idea about grabbing an orange at night. Very satisfying and it does not seem to be holding you back whatsoever. You are doing great! You and I agree about the portion help that WW P+ gives. When I started doing on line only with WW the tracker was just such a super duper help to me.

It still is! I just went in and entered the half and half I put in my coffee. I got a new digital food scale as a gift for Christmas and I love it. Can't believe how helpful that is. I did have a very old plastic food scale. It was like one of those ancient postal scales and really not very accurate. The digital food scale is my new favorite toy. It was on my wish list, so I'm a happy girl!

Wow, I could not have said it better about being tired of weight issues and thinking/worrying about food all the time. I get pretty sick of it. That's part of what I meant about my need to get back the urgency and giving in to the weariness of it all.

Sometimes the best thing is just to read a new book with some of the new science behind WL. I do like the articles on the WW website. They have some that get into how macro nutrients interact to help us lose and about why they developed P+ the way they did.

Let's keep encouraging each other! You sure motivate me! Hope I can do so right back at 'ya!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome, Ashes!! Your dog is adorable!! I had a mini schnauzer for 17 years. Loved that crazy little guy! Interesting to say you're liking the Simply Filling plan. I keep thinking about trying it--just to have a break from all the points-counting. Glad you're here to let us know how that's going for you.

I'm still not being all that good. It feel like my mind just isn't wanting to deal with all the counting, measuring, etc. I've been craving chocolate alternating with wanting salty/crunchy stuff (chips!), too. So weird. Like my old PMS days. Having company this weekend, so could have some more food challenges on the horizon. Will just try to take it a meal at a time and do the best I can.

Have a great weekend, all!!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
Welcome, Ashes!! Your dog is adorable!! I had a mini schnauzer for 17 years. Loved that crazy little guy! Interesting to say you're liking the Simply Filling plan. I keep thinking about trying it--just to have a break from all the points-counting. Glad you're here to let us know how that's going for you.

I'm still not being all that good. It feel like my mind just isn't wanting to deal with all the counting, measuring, etc. I've been craving chocolate alternating with wanting salty/crunchy stuff (chips!), too. So weird. Like my old PMS days. Having company this weekend, so could have some more food challenges on the horizon. Will just try to take it a meal at a time and do the best I can.

Have a great weekend, all!!
Thanks Shari. That's Dexter, my baby, doggie love of my life. Sadly I lost him in February to cancer, he was only 11 years old. Totally devastated me, in fact nearly a year later it's still very difficult. I did adopt another Schnauzer who is a joy and is helping me, albeit slowly, to heal. So happy to meet another Schnauzer person!

As for the SFT, I really do like it, I don't feel boxed in and confined to a specific way of eating like I do on PP. I still am very mindful of portions and listening to my body and being aware of the "satisfied" signal. I will stick with it for awhile and see how I do longer term.

I like your outlook of doing things one meal at a time, good way to look at it. Try not to get bogged down by feelings of not being good and know you can make positive changes at the next meal, snack, etc. You can do it!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #688
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes20 View Post
Thanks Shari. That's Dexter, my baby, doggie love of my life. Sadly I lost him in February to cancer, he was only 11 years old. Totally devastated me, in fact nearly a year later it's still very difficult. I did adopt another Schnauzer who is a joy and is helping me, albeit slowly, to heal. So happy to meet another Schnauzer person!

As for the SFT, I really do like it, I don't feel boxed in and confined to a specific way of eating like I do on PP. I still am very mindful of portions and listening to my body and being aware of the "satisfied" signal. I will stick with it for awhile and see how I do longer term.

I like your outlook of doing things one meal at a time, good way to look at it. Try not to get bogged down by feelings of not being good and know you can make positive changes at the next meal, snack, etc. You can do it!
I think your schnauzer is cute, but boy oh boy, I am a saint bernard lover here! 3 large beasts in my family!!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #689
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
I think your schnauzer is cute, but boy oh boy, I am a saint bernard lover here! 3 large beasts in my family!!
Thank you! Oh I adore Saint Bernard's, they're wonderful dogs - very big but such loves!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes20 View Post
Thank you! Oh I adore Saint Bernard's, they're wonderful dogs - very big but such loves!
Yes, my 'baby' is 210 lbs... he is huge!! but quite a huge softie!!