Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #631
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Wow, great losses everyone!!

So, This was my 2nd weigh-in I was down 1Lb for a grand total of 8.2Lb in 2 wks! This is a major success as I am having my TOM, too!! I cannot wait for next week! I a 5Lbs from my 5% goal.

Mmmm, I made the WW zero point Garden vegetable soup with a can of Rotel and it was amazing. PERFECT for this cold weather!
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
That's what I love about this thread! I think most people who do WW or any other plan, find they need to "personalize" it. Every individual is different. I like the accountability and support of WW and over all I think Points Plus is the best plan they have ever come up with. That said, I can't eat fruit with abandon. And, I have to really limit any carbs even complex carbs. I know my body, I know what works. I don't always DO what I KNOW!!! But that's why I'm here!

So, I love that there is a place for those of us who have a "hybrid" form of WW to come and support each other.
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #633
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Morning all,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 eggs, goat cheese,spinach 7pts 3carbs
L - turkey salad 7pts 2carbs
D - 2 1/4lb cheese burger w/ toppings 14pts 2carbs
S - peanuts 4pts 6carbs

Total = 34pts, 15carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:02 AM   #634
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
Good Morning,

Quick flyby today. Kids were out of school yesterday so Monday chores are moved to Tuesday for me so I have a very busy day. Baby has therapy today and the girl moved the time up to noon which will be a challenge. I hope I can keep him from being sleepy as that is his usual nap time. So I have loads of housework to be done before noon.

Well, I decided on a plan to go along with my WW P+. As you know I think as does my doctor that we need some fats and I prefer using what is considered the good fats. I decided to take a look at the food plan of South Beach again and found it is very similar to Dukan except for the oils which SB allows and Dukan does not. Since I feel I need a guideline to follow, I believe that SB seems to be a good combo of Atkins and Dukan so I've chosen the SB Phase 2 as my guideline to go along with WWP+.

Have a good day. BBL

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Morning all,

Menu:
L - turkey salad 7pts 2carbs
D - 2 1/4lb cheese burger w/ toppings 14pts 2carbs
S - peanuts 4pts 6carbs

Total = 34pts, 15carbs
Pcaltman - Just wondering what hwc is. I think I know, but not sure. Could you clarify for me. Thanks
Old 01-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 254/235/152
WOE: lc
Start Date: 8/2014
Hi all...I would please like to join in as I am ready to jump i n and try lc and ww starting tomorrow...today I am planning and gathering all my info...I have some of the older books from a friend and see mostly the biggest changes are regarding fruits and veggies,,,I know I will have to limit fruits or only eat the very lc ones as natural sugars are not my friend

I am hoping I can get enough info online and from the older books, as I really dont want to go to the meetings

low carb does well for me as my lowest was a 92 pound drop...life and stress got in the way and the stress eater that I am went off all plans and I am now up about 40 pounds..I want a plan I can follow as a lifetime change and I think this combo i can do...I also was eating so very low carb ( less than 5 a day) that anytime i strayed i gained quickly..i am hoping my body will be a bit more forgiving in gaining so quickly since ww is more balanced than strictly very low carb alone

I hope i can join you all and learn with you and offer support as well...keep up the good work all, i have been reading some awesome results that are so inspiring....Stacy
Survive menopause, insomnia, migraines and hypothyroidism with a smile.....sigh
Missouri_Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #637
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
You know I too, have to watch that limited fruit.. but I have to tell you I have thoroughly enjoyed having an orange at night for a little treat...and so far knock wood, it hasn't stalled me..being stalled for an entire year just on low carb, has made me realize that sometimes you have to shake it up some and I could just kick myself for waiting so darn long...I tend to stay lower carb.. but I also am beginning to realize that the points, are teaching me portion control.. which I have none of.....so I don't know, I kind of appreciated the older WW because it was so disciplined... but I also respect the organization for moving along with the times.. the one thing that really agitates me about WW is that, when they introduce a new plan, I literally have had to wait till someone will post on their blog.. it's not free flowing information, like an Atkins...

I am only on the 2nd week...so I wish you best and much success...
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
You know I too, have to watch that limited fruit.. but I have to tell you I have thoroughly enjoyed having an orange at night for a little treat...and so far knock wood, it hasn't stalled me..being stalled for an entire year just on low carb, has made me realize that sometimes you have to shake it up some and I could just kick myself for waiting so darn long...I tend to stay lower carb.. but I also am beginning to realize that the points, are teaching me portion control.. which I have none of.....so I don't know, I kind of appreciated the older WW because it was so disciplined... but I also respect the organization for moving along with the times.. the one thing that really agitates me about WW is that, when they introduce a new plan, I literally have had to wait till someone will post on their blog.. it's not free flowing information, like an Atkins...

I am only on the 2nd week...so I wish you best and much success...

I appreciate your tips and the welcome...I know I am ok with an orange and strawberries and grapefruit...its those darn apples and bananas that get me everytime..good luck to you also

So far I have noticed lots of planning, I knew on my vlc if it was meat, eggs or cheese i was fine

I am soooo ready to give this a try....congrats on your success so far
Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #639

Oh I feel like I just hijacked this thread.. there are people here who can probably give you tons of advice, so I will be waiting to hear it too.. can't wait.. LOL it's that doctor's apt at the end of Feb that has me motivated to lose....

Does VLC work for you anymore??
Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #640
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Deb, Melinda, DG, Patty.....everyone! Congrats on the great losses! wowzers! You all are rockin' it in your own way!

That's what I love about this thread! I think most people who do WW or any other plan, find they need to "personalize" it. Every individual is different. I like the accountability and support of WW and over all I think Points Plus is the best plan they have ever come up with. That said, I can't eat fruit with abandon. And, I have to really limit any carbs even complex carbs. I know my body, I know what works. I don't always DO what I KNOW!!! But that's why I'm here!

So, I love that there is a place for those of us who have a "hybrid" form of WW to come and support each other.

Dukan really worked for me. Like others, I ignored his advice about totally cutting out all fat. I kept right on eating my healthy oils and cooking with them. Now I've read Johnson's Alternate Day Diet book and it's given me even more ideas to tweak my WOE, personalize it and make it totally liveable while losing weight. I'm getting a whole new outlook on food.

Scale was down a pound this morning and I'm a happy camper. Proving to myself this week that I can enjoy being on vacation, EAT, have fun and still lose weight!! Woo-Hooo!!!! I'm off to take a boat ride. CBL.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyone View Post
Oh I feel like I just hijacked this thread.. there are people here who can probably give you tons of advice, so I will be waiting to hear it too.. can't wait.. LOL it's that doctor's apt at the end of Feb that has me motivated to lose....

Does VLC work for you anymore??
Vlc i am sure would work, but it seems like i cannot get back in the groove again,,,i will do good for a week, drop 5 or 6 pounds, then will get bored with it and quit...i am hoping i have not messed up my metabolism like that...I was wanting something a bit more balanced that i could sustain for life and maintain besides 5 carbs a day....i didnt want to gain back all i had lost in a week just by going off for a special dinner or something and that seemed to happen...going to give this a shot and if my body doesnt react positively then will have to go back to vlc i guess...i also know my thyroid and menopause plays a big role in it all also...
Old 01-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #642
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Stacy:

Melinda:

Lora:

We have been talking now and then about the Dukan Diet. If you are bored w/ VLC or your body just can't stand it anymore, I suggest you read his book. I read the attack chapters several times before I dove in. Only after doing that for a few days did I go on and read the cruise phase.

I think the most important thing that happened for me was to learn some new info that has stuck in my head. I also don't feel like eating veggies every now and then will "ruin" my efforts whatsoever.

Dukan says when you do the Proteiin/veggie rotation (pure protein one day, non-starchy veggies and protein the next) your metabolism continually speeds up and burns fat constantly. After a day of eating veggies, your tissues hold on to some water as part of the muscle growing process. However, your body is still burning fat. So, after one day of pure protein, since protein acts with water as a diuretic, the water weight will be gone and you will see a drop.

It's all interesting. Really liked that book.

I'm enjoying the Disney Resort and have been getting tons of exercise. Whew. At the moment I'm wiped out from running around too much today. Just kicking back before we have to head out again.

Scale still down this morning. Yay! We are going to a luau and hula show tonight at the Disney Polynesian hotel. should be fun and I'm hoping to stick to PROTEIN and some veggies. We shall see how I do!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #643
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
Pcaltman - Just wondering what hwc is. I think I know, but not sure. Could you clarify for me. Thanks
Pretty sure hwc means Heavy Whipping Cream. It's lower carb than half and half and extremely yummy in coffee! I use half and half though.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Stacy:

Melinda:

Lora:

We have been talking now and then about the Dukan Diet. If you are bored w/ VLC or your body just can't stand it anymore, I suggest you read his book. I read the attack chapters several times before I dove in. Only after doing that for a few days did I go on and read the cruise phase.

I think the most important thing that happened for me was to learn some new info that has stuck in my head. I also don't feel like eating veggies every now and then will "ruin" my efforts whatsoever.

Dukan says when you do the Proteiin/veggie rotation (pure protein one day, non-starchy veggies and protein the next) your metabolism continually speeds up and burns fat constantly. After a day of eating veggies, your tissues hold on to some water as part of the muscle growing process. However, your body is still burning fat. So, after one day of pure protein, since protein acts with water as a diuretic, the water weight will be gone and you will see a drop.

It's all interesting. Really liked that book.

I'm enjoying the Disney Resort and have been getting tons of exercise. Whew. At the moment I'm wiped out from running around too much today. Just kicking back before we have to head out again.

Scale still down this morning. Yay! We are going to a luau and hula show tonight at the Disney Polynesian hotel. should be fun and I'm hoping to stick to PROTEIN and some veggies. We shall see how I do!
I have been interested in that before and yes will read up on that....when you get back from your trip i would be interested in seeing some of your daily menus please just to get an idea...

by what you are explaining in the rotation, seems very doable...i will for sure read up and make sure i understand fully though

so far today I have had

B; atkins shake
L; 1/2 chicken salad sandwich, serving baked chips

not the best lunch as i know i need more whole foods, but i need to get my planning a bit better..
Old 01-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #645

Yam..First congrats on the weight loss!! Second thank you so much for that info, that is something I never knew...
Old 01-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Pretty sure hwc means Heavy Whipping Cream. It's lower carb than half and half and extremely yummy in coffee! I use half and half though.
Thanks, For some reason it just wouldn't come to me today. Senior moment
Old 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Just saying hello, and saying I'm keep on keeping on. . .

Best to all!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #648
Senior LCF Member

to all you newbies. Glad to have y'all here. This is a really great group.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
What a good group we have--and growing! And this must be check-in time for a bunch of us.

True confession........I just totally ate like a crazy person at dinner last night. Even though I'm past menopause, sometimes I still get those crazy PMS-like days, and yesterday seemed to be one of them. It was our 24th anniversary (awwwww! ), and we went out to dinner at our favorite BBQ place (I know, not fancy, but a fave). Had no idea that they did a buffet on Mondays, and instead of ordering a meal, we did that. OMG. I ate WAY too much, even had peach cobbler. I felt like I was going to DIE afterward. It was like I was possessed!! I wasn't even very hungry when we went, but when DH asked if I wanted the buffet, I just said SURE!! Sheesh. I was too disgusted with myself to even count the points. Weigh-in is tomorrow, and sure as shootin', I'll probably be up. Oh, well.......live and learn.

Starting to think I need to do a VERY strict week with no extra points or anything. I don't want to do the Simply Filling thing, because it cuts out the fat, and I'll starve to death. (yeah, right!) Maybe I'll just cut the carbs drastically for a few days and see how that goes. I've been allowing myself more bread and pasta lately. Could be that it's triggering cravings. It's happened before!!!!

Oh, Yam-Yam, I LOVE Disney!! We went to Disney World two years ago, and I would love to go back sometime. There's just no place like a Disney resort. The Polynesian was fantastic--great food, wonderful atmostphere!

I've blabbered on too much...now gotta get back to work. Hope you all have a great evening!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #650
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
SHinOK, consider it your "splurge", I mean it's your 24th anniversary, CONGRATS!!

I had a binge last night...and mine wasn't nearly as worth it as a buffet. I had TOO much peanut butter and 2 bowls of honey nut cheerios.

It was COMPLETELY stress related...my husband finally became eligible for Medical and dental Insurance at his work, I got a bill from my Dental cleaning saying I "Wasn't on the Plan". My husband didn't put me on, in error. I have 2 broken teeth and no insurance now...AND a $300 dental cleaning/xray bill to pay. Did I mention I am not working and have been job seeking for 4 months??

Time to kick myself in the butt, I don't need to be Cranky and FAT. Enough is enough.

Anyways back on the ball. Tracking my points and NO SNACKS after my dinner.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Patty - Yam -Yam is right it's Heavy Whipping Cream.

Doing ok...in moderate level on the ketone stick for 5 days now and eating for both plans.

Menu:
L - asian chicken stir fry 8pts 5carbs
D - meatballs (sugarfreeshelia), sauce 8pts carbs7
S - coffee, cheese stick 3pts 3carbs

Total = 28pts, 20carbs
Old 01-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Fit2010 - I pm-ed back, but for the rest, it's an omelette
Old 01-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #653
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Oh, August, that stinks!!! I hope you can get your insurance stuff worked out soon. And find a job! My DH was out of work twice in 3 years--once for nearly a year. So I feel your pain, sister. It's really hard in many ways.

Pam, you're so good! I wish I had menus that looked like yours and could (would) keep my carbs that low. You amaze me.

Well, busy day at work. Weigh-in at noon. Will come back and report on the damage...sigh.
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #654
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri_Librarian View Post
I have been interested in that before and yes will read up on that....when you get back from your trip i would be interested in seeing some of your daily menus please just to get an idea...

by what you are explaining in the rotation, seems very doable...i will for sure read up and make sure i understand fully though

so far today I have had

B; atkins shake
L; 1/2 chicken salad sandwich, serving baked chips

not the best lunch as i know i need more whole foods, but i need to get my planning a bit better..
Stacy: What works really well for me is to make sure I have PLENTY of the right foods on hand.

I hard boil a dozen eggs and keep them in the fridge. I roast a turkey breast and grill up a couple of sirloin steaks, slice it and put it in the fridge. I keep Captain Jack's frozen surimi in the freezer and one pack in the meat drawer. Also have Foster Farms Oven Roasted Deli Turkey breast available with hot pepperchinis. Oh, and lots of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cold pressed and Apple Cider Vinegar (organic). Chobani Greek yogurt, Lactose Free milk, cottage cheese, ground turkey breast and ground beef, lean.

For the veggie plus protein days, I have tons of fresh spinach, romaine lettuce, celery, onions, stuff to make zero points veggie soup. I also keep double fiber bread on hand just in case the galette does not do it for me and I feel like I NEED a piece of bread. It has not hurt me to have a piece or 2 every now and then.

Almost forgot! My favorite go to food is Tilapia. I buy it in individually forzen packets per fillet. My favorite way to cook it is to heat up EVOO then thaw and sprinkle the fillet w/ either oat bran or whole wheat finely crushed bread crumbs. Grill it. Yum. I do the same with salmon or cod.

Also great if I just throw it in a zip-n-steam bag, (frozen) and nuke it for 2 minutes. Then sometimes I eat it with a bit of real mayo (the kind that says it's made with Omega 3 rich olive oil).

Anyway, as you can see, with all that stuff available, there is always something to eat!

A typical day might be:

Breakfast: Oat bran galette, coffee, milk, and a western omelet made in a zip-n-steam bag but wiithout the cheese. (recipe is on the zip-n-steam site and soooooo easy!)

Lunch: Surimi and hard boiled egg sliced over romaine lettuce and chopped onion. Drizzle EVOO and ACV over it and mix. Sprite Zero

Snacks: Fat Free Greek Plain Yogurt with Splenda and/or Hershey's chocolate syrup drizzled over it OR stir in some vanilla extract.

OR: Deli turkey roll ups. Take the Foster Farms turkey slices, put romaine lettuce and pepperchinis in the middle, roll and secure with tooth pick.

Dinner could be roasted chicken breasts, cottage cheese, zero veggie soup and salad or steamed veggies. If it's a plain protein day, I might make an egg white omelet with ground turkey and melted cottage cheese in the middle. Top it off with a few dolops of yogurt (so creamy and tastes like sour cream).

Sorry that was so long! LOL. I'm taking a shopping break right now and wanted to check in w/ my L.C. buds!

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 01-18-2012 at 10:08 AM..
Old 01-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #655
LJB

I'm learning a lot of different plans and how my body works. It all boils down to what works for me. Right now, the Tree of Life way of eating is working to my benefit. More energy for my lifting and eating really well. Getting rid of 98% dairy (except for my little Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges) is helping me look better. Though my trainer thinks if I do eat dairy than to forgo the wedges and spread savory Greek yogurt onto my pita or Ezekiel breads.

It's a work in progress but I like it!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #656
Blabbermouth!!!

Shari: Happy Anniversary!!! that's what I would do. A few lower carb days and you will be fine.

I am lovin' Disney. so much to do here. I really, really like the boat rides. Yesterday i went to the Boardwalk hotel. Thought about renting one of those cute surrey bikes, but decided to just walk and walk. Very fun.

August: So sorry about that! Can your DH go back and put you on the plan now?

Confession time! I ate too much at the luau!!! But it was worth every point!

The food was delicious, the show was fun! They saved the best for last. Fire dancer and tahitian dancers. Those were the best.

We have one more big banquet tonight. I know the food and drinks will be fabulous. This is business related and they are calling it the President's reception and Lion King dinner. It's probably a dinner show.

Speaking of Presidents! President Obama is supposed to be here at the Magic Kingdom on main street tomorrow. I think he is giving a speech?

One more thing: One of my friends was on the cruise ship that wrecked in Italy. We found out Sunday that she was OK. She arrived home today and is very shaken up. She can't keep food down and can't sleep. She is going to see her doctor today.

We are still praying for those missing and the families of those who were killed.

Wow, I guess I really miss you guys! I'm just chatting away!

Gotta run and have fun now. Hooking up with a friend for more adventures.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #657

Heya Everyone just wanted to say good morning...and thank you so much everyone for the information...since being on low carb for so long..I am almost nuts about seeing anything over 7 grams of carbs...LOL...anyway.. have a great day...and I agree my prayers are for those of the missing and the families as well.. I cannot believe that even happened...

Yam...I am glad you had a good time!! I probably would have ate the next day's points too!! LOL

Shari.. Good luck with weigh in!!!

Just thanks everyone for sharing their menus.. that is invaluable to me as well....I am trying to do a lower carb WW, but I don't want to beat myself up if I decided to have an orange either.......

Last edited by crazyone; 01-18-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Old 01-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #658
LJB

Here is what I ate yesterday.

Breakfast: 5-Grain Pita bread, Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge, 2 fried eggs with added egg white, fresh salsa, almond milk

Snack: Small green apple

Lunch: Big salad with grilled chicken, balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Snack: Banana

Pre-Workout - 4oz. of Protein shake

Dinner: Steak tips with salad, balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

67.8 ounces of water.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you all for the kind welcomes and the tips and wisdom so far...

I have been doing alot of reading and planning and am hoping this works for me...

Thanks for all the food ideas, as I am excited to be eating more balanced than my vlc old way of eating

Today my meals have been:

B; 1 cup dry cinnamon cheerios
L; 1 can tuna drained with 2 tablespoon miracle whip in lc wrap/15 ff pretzels
D; chicken breast cooked in hot garlic paste/ww yogurt

Everyone have a wonderful night
Old 01-19-2012, 05:36 AM   #660
Major LCF Poster!