Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
I was so excited about hitting 219 this morning and getting below 220, I forgot to even think about how much I lost during the 6 day Attack Phase I did. I ended up with a 4 lb loss for the six days which is really good for me since I had already been on a diet and low carbing. So I am very happy with it. Moving on to kind of a Atkins/Dukan combo with my WW P+.
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/203 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
Patty ..I am so excited for you...I agree that you need a little more of the good fats to help your blood sugar..If you read Gary Taubes book he talks about it.

Yam -Yam...congrats to you too...way to go....

DG....You sure hit a home run there....There are some foods (all carb foods for me) they can sure knock you off track..It sometimes takes days to get back on...Get up and start over is not always so easy...That's why I sometimes have a problem with that old saying "ALL things in moderation" not me.......

I alone can do it. But I can't do it alone.

The beginnings of all things are small..

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
funny you say that about no fat diets, the 80's low fat diets nearly left me bald, nail problems for years and very dry skin. now i find that WW is doing the same to me,which is why this thread intrigued me. being laid up there is no plan, what you can make,buy or someone makes for ya. when i do get back on my feet it is lc version of ww for sure there has to be a happy medium. pam you are doing great! on my last round of bloodwork i was high fat lc and thr numbers were great, so who knows for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
I made the 6 days Attack on Dukan, but I don't like going no fat. Messed myself up doing fat free diets before. I compared the Atkins diet and the Dukan and the Cruise phase is so similar to Atkins Induction accept for the fact that Dukan is FF and Atkins allows it. I'm going to do more of an Atkins using good fats. It may slow down the weight loss, but it will still correct the fasting blood sugar and I can still combine the WWPP with the Low Carb. I have lost down to where I want to be when I go to the doc in a few weeks so I've made my goal. I was at 219 this morning out of the 220s and the fasting blood sugar was 121. So I'm doing very well and pleased with my progress.

Try to get back later. PC still acting up.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Don't forget they are all business and are in it to make money. any "diet "will work if you work it, it is living the proper lifestyle for you to keep it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri View Post
This was in the news in New Zealand, can you believe it...Makes me wonder?
Who really decides what is healthy....

Three McDonald's meals, including Chicken McNuggets, carrying the Weight Watchers logo will be sold in the fast food chain in New Zealand from this week and will be introduced into Australia in the next few months.

As part of the deal, McDonald's will use the Weight Watchers logo on its menu boards and Weight Watchers will promote McDonald's food to dieters.

So far, the Fillet-O-Fish, with 18g of fat and 380 calories; Chicken McNuggets, with 29g of fat and 485 calories; and Sweet Chilli Seared Chicken Wrap, with 18.8g of fat and 404 calories, have been approved by Weight Watchers.

However, Chicken McNuggets with 485 calories for 10 pieces makes up almost a third of the number of calories the average woman should consume in a day, even when not on a diet. The NHS recommends women should consume 1,500 calories a day and men 2,000.

Weight Watchers have stated that each meal is worth 6.5 points on the program, which assigns points to food items and allows dieters to consume 18 to 40 points each day to achieve their goal weight.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #605
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
August - you raise such a good point about cravings. Do you ever find it's a bit tricky - i.e. something may not trigger cravings immediately, but the next day you have a carb "itch?" I think I may have problem foods like that and the delay makes them harder to identify.

Also, there are some foods that are OBVIOUS problems because if they are in the house, I can't stop thinking about them! But there are other foods that can sit on the counter all day long, and I suspect might be causing cravings later - only if I eat them.

Ugh... I wish I just didn't care much about any foods. DH is a bit like that and I wish I could "catch" what he has!!

DG
Tell me about it! Carbohydrates are tricky little buggers...not carbs like veggies and fruits but those pesky white flour and white sugar manuraftured ones...hoo boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Ah-Hem!!! Drumroll paleeaase!

I am a daily weigher most of the time. But this week I decided to stay away from the scale. knowing that weight lifting would probably cause a slight up tick on the scale which I did NOT want to see kept me away.

However, this morning I gave in and stepped on the scale right after I woke up because I "felt thinner".

Imagine my surprise!! FOUR POUNDS DOWN from just a few days ago!

Now, remember, I am experimenting a little with Johnson's plan, but I have not been perfect. And, I think all this working out has made me HUNGRY! Ya think??

Day before yesterday I ate everything that was not nailed down (thank goodness there is no real JUNK food in the house). And, I just didn't bother to track that day. Just figured I ate all my WPs and called it a day!!

However, for the most part I'm staying low carb as much as possible. I have not done a pure protein day in a while.

I know that if I do it, I will lose. I'm doing more of a "most of the time" cruise phase w/ non-starchy veggies -- mostly salads and spinach and shredded cabbage as my veggie of choice. Also brocolli and celery.

When I have a hungry day like day before yesterday, my only real carb choices in the house are double fiber bread, bananas and fiber one cereal. Could be that 4 pounds dropped off because of all the fiber and milk I had. Definitely cleans out the system in a good way.

Anyhoo. My official WW WI day is Friday. So, tomorrow I'll see what the scale reports and log that in on my on line tracker as my official weight for the week.

I'm not unhappy at all. After taking my measurements this week and seeing the inches melt away and then not seeing that expected muscle repair gain on the scale, but a loss instead, I'm
That's terriffic!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
I made the 6 days Attack on Dukan, but I don't like going no fat. Messed myself up doing fat free diets before. I compared the Atkins diet and the Dukan and the Cruise phase is so similar to Atkins Induction accept for the fact that Dukan is FF and Atkins allows it. I'm going to do more of an Atkins using good fats. It may slow down the weight loss, but it will still correct the fasting blood sugar and I can still combine the WWPP with the Low Carb. I have lost down to where I want to be when I go to the doc in a few weeks so I've made my goal. I was at 219 this morning out of the 220s and the fasting blood sugar was 121. So I'm doing very well and pleased with my progress.

Try to get back later. PC still acting up.
I am going to have to look up Dr. Dukan. I a very interested in reading up on diet and what foods effect us in what ways. I loved good calories/Bad calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri View Post
This was in the news in New Zealand, can you believe it...Makes me wonder?
Who really decides what is healthy....

Three McDonald's meals, including Chicken McNuggets, carrying the Weight Watchers logo will be sold in the fast food chain in New Zealand from this week and will be introduced into Australia in the next few months.

As part of the deal, McDonald's will use the Weight Watchers logo on its menu boards and Weight Watchers will promote McDonald's food to dieters.

So far, the Fillet-O-Fish, with 18g of fat and 380 calories; Chicken McNuggets, with 29g of fat and 485 calories; and Sweet Chilli Seared Chicken Wrap, with 18.8g of fat and 404 calories, have been approved by Weight Watchers.

However, Chicken McNuggets with 485 calories for 10 pieces makes up almost a third of the number of calories the average woman should consume in a day, even when not on a diet. The NHS recommends women should consume 1,500 calories a day and men 2,000.

Weight Watchers have stated that each meal is worth 6.5 points on the program, which assigns points to food items and allows dieters to consume 18 to 40 points each day to achieve their goal weight.
This info is incorrect. The lowest Daily Points total assigned is 29pp...Not 18.

BUT NO matter... I don't like this...it makes my Diet Plan REALLY seem like a sell out. It's bad enough they have all these icecreams and sundaes and candies now. But to ENDORSE McDonalds food??? According to my calculater FOUR nuggets have FIVE PP's...that is NOT a meal.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
WOO HOO!!! Huge congrats Yam-yam and Patty on your losses!!! Patty, I love reaching a new "decade" too. Enjoy the achievement!

August - I enjoyed Taubes books too but I like reading a lot of different things. Different people are interpreting much of the same research in different ways. Taubes promotes the insulin theory and I think that's part of the equation. I am an Addiction Studies major and I think Stephan Guyenet (who agrees with some of Taubes theories, and disagrees with others) has another important part of the picture in his theories - the hyperpalatability of "engineered" processed foods. These foods are DESIGNED to basically trigger similar processes in the brain that are also triggered by other addictive substances. His theories would seem to help explain why the basket of fruit on my counter does not call my name, but a bag of oreo cookies will make me insane until I've eaten every one of them (even after feeling sick from it!).

I think it's very possible that different biochemical situations internally elicit different responses from foods. i.e. someone with impaired glucose/insulin function might have cravings / weight issues / etc. for different reasons than someone who is pre-disposed for (as an example) dopamine function in the brain.

Anyway, that's my relatively uneducated thinking on it LOL!

I am enjoying the Dukan reading. He doesn't quote a lot of science and is harshly criticized by some for that. BUT - I love that he deals with and proposes solutions for very practical life issues within the structure of his plan. And the realities of how we think, and how we are motivated through the weight loss process. ie., maybe "slow and steady" really does win the race, but our nature is to want results NOW. he speaks to some of that in a way that feels fresh for me.

Kerri - Interesting about WW/McD's. I'm with Dee - money talks, unfortunately. Although on the flip side, "fast food" is a reality of our culture so I suppose in some way, the endorsement helps guide people to the better choices - even if that is a "best of the worst" sort of thing. Under the 2012 WW Points+ plan the lowest points has gone from 29 to 26. The point calclulations are completely and totally different, with different emphasis on various macronutrients than under the old Momentum plan (where the min was 18). So 6 or 7 points is actually light - leaving room for other items that are low or zero point to make the meal. The problem with fast food joints is that vegetable and fruit choices are so limited - so hard to balance a "healthy WW meal" unless you are adding foods you get elsewhere.

Patty - I am really watching the fat on Dukan, as in adding some. I decided earlier this morning that I'm chowing a spoon of coconut oil at every meal - we'll see how that goes.

Dee - you are doing right to just concentrate on healing right now and letting other people take care of you!!! Plenty of time later on to figure out your plan. The food will still be here, forunately (or unfortunately in some cases LOL!).

I went a bit off the Dukan rails last night with some peanuts. (Not Dukan OR WW friendly!!) That was Day 3 without sugar so I'm sure sugar withdrawal was part of that craving. That is also the reason I decided to add a bit more fat today and see how it goes. I am still -3.6 for 3 days of Attack which makes me a happy camper!

LOL I guess I should have saved part of this for the Dukan thread!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #607
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Look at all you losers!! WTG, Patty, Yam-Yam and DG!! Great job this week!!

Stressing out a bit over my older DD (she's at college), her finances (she's almost broke and has no job lined up for second semester!) and her health (she's having asthma issues), and it sent me running for something sweet last night (Almond Roca). BUT....I just counted it and moved on. I keep telling myself that it's the best part of WW. It would doom me on Atkins. But with WW, you just count it and keep on going. It's still hard for me to get it straight in my head.

For now, I'm staying away from the Dukan thing--or any other additional plan, for that matter. If I add too many tweaks, sometimes it backfires on me. I think I'll just stick with this LC-ish version of WW and see how things go. But I'll be watching with great interest at how it goes for those who are trying it.

Happy Friday the 13th, everybody!! Hope it's a VERY lucky day for us all!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #608
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbertas
Stats: 260/204/165
Start Date: 2008
Yam Yam
I am with you I have to get on my scales everyday to see how i am doing good or bad I am on them. Keeps me on track, this way I know if I have eatten something I whouldn't have or not by the numbers.
Have a super day!!
Alberta
Quote:
I absolutely lose all accountability when I don't weigh daily. I even bought a travel scale so I can take it with me when we travel. When we went to Maui in Sept for a whole week, I didn't gain an ounce. Thanks to my travel scale.
Lbertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Dee The same thing happened to me. My hair started coming out, my skin became so dry I couldn't hardly breathe and I drink a lot of water so it was not lack of water and I have to have fake nails put on because mine never recovered from the no fat diets I've tried. My beautician back in TX who eats low carb that fat free or diets too low in fat causes hair loss.

I don't think we have to eat a loads of fat, but I do think we need some just for the reasons above. As someone who has done a beautiful job of losing on Dukan Diet told me recently, the problems with a lot of FF/LF products is they have high fructose in them even canned veggies; so she told me to be sure and read the labels. I do try to keep to the good fats although I have to admit that I am not sure what they call bad fats are bad. When I asked my doctor about the good/bad fats, he said that it didn't really matter since we aren't supposed to eat a lot of it any way. So I'm using mostly EVOO for my salads and I use butter when I want the flavor in cooked foods.

This may not work for others and I understand that. That is why we have to find what works for us individually. That is what I like about this group here. The WW/LCarb combo works great for me.

Hope you are healing nicely Dee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee744 View Post
funny you say that about no fat diets, the 80's low fat diets nearly left me bald, nail problems for years and very dry skin. now i find that WW is doing the same to me,which is why this thread intrigued me. being laid up there is no plan, what you can make,buy or someone makes for ya. when i do get back on my feet it is lc version of ww for sure there has to be a happy medium. pam you are doing great! on my last round of bloodwork i was high fat lc and thr numbers were great, so who knows for sure.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #610
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
DG: Loved your post! Good insight and thoughts. I feel the same way when I read something that sounds fresh. I liked these phrases that sum up what someone who wants to lose weight is looking for: 1. A Psychological Trigger 2. A First Decisive Weight Loss 3. A plan to follow which is a) precise b)simple c)focused d) concrete 4. Success. And this: to succed this time around I must avoid at all costs: stress, setbacks, problems.

Lastly: Beware of: A. Weariness (like getting sick and tired of following a plan) B. Self-satisfaction (for instance, look how much I've lost already. I can ease up a bit and go back to my old ways. )

I wrote all that down in outline form on the first page of my new journal on August 1st and looked at it every day for a while. It sort of kept the good thoughts front and center in my brain when I needed it!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #611
Blabbermouth!!!

Shari: So sorry about the stress you are having because of your DD's situation. I liked what you said about counting the points and moving on. It goes along with what Patti was saying the other day about not thinking of it as "failing" but of just a choice we made to eat that and move on.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbertas View Post
Yam Yam
I am with you I have to get on my scales everyday to see how i am doing good or bad I am on them. Keeps me on track, this way I know if I have eatten something I whouldn't have or not by the numbers.
Have a super day!!
Alberta

Alberta: Yep. I'm boarding an airplane to Florida tomorrow and I'll be carrying my WW travel scale with me. I don't put it in checked baggage because I'm afraid the baggage handlers will break it or it will get too squished and broken! but I love having it, knowing it's accurate and every day at the hotel I can step on it and stay accountable.

I would say one exception for me is if I eat something really salty in the evening, like popcorn which really gets me, I don't get on the scale the next morning. I mean, I know the consequences so I just skip a day and drink lots of green tea and lots of ice water.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #613
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rapunzel64
Stats: 174.8/171/135
WOE: My own version of LC
Start Date: 1/9/2012
Quote:
Alberta: Yep. I'm boarding an airplane to Florida tomorrow and I'll be carrying my WW travel scale with me.
Yam-Yam, enjoy your visit in my "home town!"

A little NSV to report: My SO and I strolled around the local carnival tonight, specifically so that he could eat some fair food. I watched him eat a big sausage & peppers sandwich, then we ordered an Elephant Ear for my kids (per their request) and he made me carry it home because he was wearing black and didn’t want powdered sugar on his shirt. The whole ride home I smelled that sweet doughy wonderfulness..

Me? I had a DIET COKE.

Surely that moment of sainthood canceled out some of my sins?

My blog: http://inpursuitofmyinnerpinup.blogspot.com/
rapunzel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/203 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
Stopping in to say Hi...

DG....That was a wonderful post....

August...I think that article was written last year right before points +....

Yam-Yam ...Coming down to my area uhh....Have a safe trip....

rapunzel64....You are a saint...yikes I would have a hard time with that...
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #615
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel64 View Post

A little NSV to report: My SO and I strolled around the local carnival tonight, specifically so that he could eat some fair food. I watched him eat a big sausage & peppers sandwich, then we ordered an Elephant Ear for my kids (per their request) and he made me carry it home because he was wearing black and didn’t want powdered sugar on his shirt. The whole ride home I smelled that sweet doughy wonderfulness..

Me? I had a DIET COKE.

YAY!! Great NSV! Congrats!

I am going to Orlando and it's been a while since I've been there. Last year we went to South Beach. LOVED IT!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 PM   #616
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rapunzel64
Stats: 174.8/171/135
WOE: My own version of LC
Start Date: 1/9/2012
Quote:
YAY!! Great NSV! Congrats!

I am going to Orlando and it's been a while since I've been there. Last year we went to South Beach. LOVED IT!!!
Thank you, Yam-Yam! Well, I live about 30 minutes north of South Beach, about halfway between Ft Lauderdale & Miami. Our other home is in Ormond Beach, central FL, an hour away from Orlando. I love both parts of FL! Enjoy your visit!
rapunzel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #617
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! Yes - Rapunzel you can definitely have the BIG saint trophy!!! Wow your post made me think of Florida - a great place to be at this time of year for sure. I lived in the Clearwater area for about 6 or 7 years in my 30's. Oh the beach. Yam yam - have a great time in the sunshine state!

Patty - I definitely forsee a little more fat than the Dukan book talks about. In fact I had about a teaspoon of EVCO with all 3 meals today.

Shari - Wow that is stressful about your daughter! You are really wise to just track and move on. I also totally hear you on doing one plan. I am only doing Dukan at the moment. I thought about tracking calories or points or something - but then decided not to. Who knows what the future will bring so I'm not leaving!

Kerri - you get a saint trophy too for reading that long ramble.

Lbertas - I'm also in the daily weighers club. I really delude myself when I try to stay off the scale for more than a day or two.

Has anyone ever done a Leslie Sansone walking DVD? I originally planned to do Shred today but wasn't feeling up for such an intense workout. I thought the walking one would be really easy. I was shocked when I was sweating profusely half way though it!!! It's not shred, but I'm glad I bought it to have for days when I'm not up for shred.

Happy trails everyone! See you all tomorrow.

DG
Old 01-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #618
Blabbermouth!!!

DG: I have a LS DVD but have never done it! Maybe one of these days.

Well, Peeps, I will be MIA tomorrow for sure and maybe longer. Getting up very early to leave by 4 a.m.

2 hour drive to the airport and then cross country flight to Florida. Will try to pop in Sunday or Monday.

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #619
Senior LCF Member

DG - I'm eating a little more fat at each meal too. Not much since I don't want to spend too many pts on it. I have the One Mile Power Walk dvd by LS and really liked it. Haven't done it lately because my legs ached through the whole thing but I made myself do it any way. I recently found out that one of the meds that both DH and I were taking caused muscle aches and pains. DD found out from her nursing teacher that it was a bad medicine and she would never take it. I quit taking it when our docroe took him off the med because he thought the side effects were causing some of his problems. So hopefully I can get back to doing the LS dvd again without any problems.

Shari - So sorry about the problems your DD is having. So difficult to see our kids go through tough times. Hope things get better soon. The one thing I like about combining WW P+ with LC is that we can just add in the WP or AP and just move on without feeling like we blew it.

Yam Yam - Have a safe and fun trip.

Today I'm on what I call a combo of Atkins/Dukan with the WW P+. I really do like using WW with these LC woe. Okay so it's basically I'm really doing WW/LC. Just kind of using the 2 diets as a guideline.

As for using the scale everyday? When I don't get on the scales, it is only because I don't want to see what it reads because I know I'm not following the plan. There are probably some people who do better not weighing so often and I've known people who only weighed at the doctor's office and that is fine if that is their way and it works for them. It just never would work for me. I too feel that the scale gives me info as to whether I've either had too much salt or eaten something else that my body doesn't tolerate. The scale for me is useful just like the glucose meter is for checking my sugar.

Y'all have a nice weekend.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
----Snip

August - I enjoyed Taubes books too but I like reading a lot of different things. Different people are interpreting much of the same research in different ways. Taubes promotes the insulin theory and I think that's part of the equation. I am an Addiction Studies major and I think Stephan Guyenet (who agrees with some of Taubes theories, and disagrees with others) has another important part of the picture in his theories - the hyperpalatability of "engineered" processed foods. These foods are DESIGNED to basically trigger similar processes in the brain that are also triggered by other addictive substances. His theories would seem to help explain why the basket of fruit on my counter does not call my name, but a bag of oreo cookies will make me insane until I've eaten every one of them (even after feeling sick from it!).---snip
I bet addiction studies is an eyeopening major. VERY interesting indeed!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
Look at all you losers!! WTG, Patty, Yam-Yam and DG!! Great job this week!!

Stressing out a bit over my older DD (she's at college), her finances (she's almost broke and has no job lined up for second semester!) and her health (she's having asthma issues), and it sent me running for something sweet last night (Almond Roca). BUT....I just counted it and moved on. I keep telling myself that it's the best part of WW. It would doom me on Atkins. But with WW, you just count it and keep on going. It's still hard for me to get it straight in my head.

For now, I'm staying away from the Dukan thing--or any other additional plan, for that matter. If I add too many tweaks, sometimes it backfires on me. I think I'll just stick with this LC-ish version of WW and see how things go. But I'll be watching with great interest at how it goes for those who are trying it.

Happy Friday the 13th, everybody!! Hope it's a VERY lucky day for us all!
GOOD FOR YOU for just counting your points. That's the fantastic part about Weight Watchers...you didn't "CHEAT" you just used a lot of points. We are human and it happens....especially when stressed. I hope things look up for your daughter SOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel64 View Post

Me? I had a DIET COKE.

YOU are a rock star!! AWESOME NSV.
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #621
Blabbermouth!!!

I've been MIA for a couple of days. Happily I have been 100% on plan. I did have a few High point days on Tuesday/Wednesday OMG I couldn't STOP snacking!! But then Thursday *BAM* My Time of the month arrived. Phew! That explains a lot.

Today I am making a batch of the WW Zero point veggie soup. I love that stuff. I'm going to add a can of rotel spicy tomatoes. It will add a few points (I think) but I am all about spicyness lately.

Akkk!! I cannot believe my weigh-in is again tomorrow!! Oh I hope, hope, hope I've lost something. I FEEL slimmer through my midsection and thighs are rubbing together quite as bad...ray:

Going grocery shopping today. I bought my fruit and veggies yesterday at Sam's club. Such a HUGE savings with all the produce I consume. Any suggestions for my grocery list? I have found that I REALLY like the WW Jalapeno cheese wedgies. Nom!
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
I have been relaxing this week and doing lots of reading....read big sections of the Paleo diet at the bookstore while seated on their comfy chairs, also read The Diabetes Diet book by Bernstein, and looked over my MediWeightLoss and some WW things. Also watched the Dr Oz show when Jennifer Hudson was on this week! I've been recording everything for the past 5 days and have lost 6.7 lbs so far!! My points have been 14 to 30. I'm not worried about what you'll say WW says about too few points, when I add up my MWL days that's about where I'm at. And I've been in ketosis the past 2 days, which shows I am burning fat. Horray! One thing nice about combining the two, when I have gone up to 30 (which would be about 1050 calories), that would be going too high for MWL, but because my options have been keeping my protein grams at 70 to 100 daily I'm still okay. Also drinking lots of water and a Smart Water every day. Not quite ready to add in exercise....maybe next week. Currently I'm eating only about 1 serving of veggies most days, and don't plan to add fruits routinely until I'm back in the 160's and feel ready for more aggressive exercise, otherwise the fructose is just too much for me and makes me too hungry! I've done this before with MWL, and knowing I need to work with a maintenance (eventually) that I can live with such as my adapted WW/LC plan, and not worsen my insulin resistance/prediabetes, I think I've finally found a way to be human and omit guilt, but try to make the best healthy eating decisions I can!!

DH has complained about his slight midsection spread in the past 1 1/2 years and on his own has read Reader's Digest articles about replacing zucchini for breads/pastas. I'm excited that we can do this together!! He's even going to look online about buying a zucchini "pasta" maker! Cool!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-15-2012 at 02:54 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Well - the Dukan groove sure is working so far. I'm trying not to get too excited until I see if I can follow the program for the long haul. but it sure is nice to see the scale moving down and to not feel all that hungry! I have decided to just follow the Dukan plan as written for now. So I really don't have anything current to add as far as WW experience! I've been parallel posting for a couple of days now on the Dukan thread. Since school is about to start and my schedule is about to get crazy, that's where i think I should continue to post.

I thank you all for welcoming me to this thread! I wish you all success! I will probably pop in from time to time to say hi and see what you all are up to. I just didn't want you to think I wandered off and forgot you!!!!

May we all be LOSERS!

DG
Old 01-16-2012, 05:40 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Good morning all, hope everybody is doing well. Back on track and scale moving down. That's a nice feeling.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 eggs, goat cheese, spinach 7pts 3carbs
L - turkey salad 7pts 2carbs
D - Buffalo wings w/blue cheese 10pts 1carbs
S - 4 string cheese 4pts 4carbs

Total = 30pts, 12carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #625
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: crazyone
Stats: 404/295.6/120
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: June 28, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee744 View Post
Boy I swear I could have written this myself..the no fat 80's diet is the worst...and I refuse to do non fat, low fat anything.. I had this once beautiful thick head of black hair, and it reduced me to thinning hair that never grew back...

I went to the meeting last Friday.. and they were showing us how to make a sandwich, to show how you use points and things you can substitute for lower points etc.. and some women yells out fat free mayo.. and I just said out loud, "NOT ON MY SANDWICH" and they all looked at me...I agree with you, my blood work since being on low carb has been awesome...anyway but low carb just stopped working for me, for a year now.. and I went to WW to get their diet plan...since registration is free..Since I am so big I have a ton of points, so it's easy right now to do a lower carb WW...I really am enjoying an orange once a day only...So I completed my first week and lost 10 pounds.. but this week is the first week and TOM.. so this next week is critical for me, to see if this plan will work for my body. but I did the plan this week at a higher fat...no non fat or low fat or light in my house ever..WW still haven't moved from their fat is bad thinking from the 70's and 80's... but for me the points give me some portion control, which I lack...

Just thought I would chime in..
crazyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

pcaltman - Hi! I'm curious. Is your bkfst of 2 eggs, goat cheese, and spinach all scrambled together? I've never tried goat cheese. I'm so sick of eggs I'm interested in learning an alternative and this seems high protein, includes fiber, but is also low carb. Would you mind sharing exactly how you make this? Thank you SO much!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda - Thanks for speaking up about the nonfat, lower fat things....I like the taste of FF cottage cheese and carbmaster's yogurt (which probably is also lower fat than regular yogurt), but other than that I use 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee every AM and eat regular cheeses, I just watch how much because the lactose can break down to lots of sugar. But with mayo, nothing tastes appetizing except regular mayo. If you're going to cut down on breads (which I do) then I think our lettuce leaf sandwiches should at least taste good! JMHO
Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #628

Fit I totally agree.. Thankfully I have more than enough points to do lower carb without much thought..I don't eat bread period.. and I don't eat eat cottage cheese or that much yogurt...On the hand, keep the chips and ice cream away from me.. or else I will fit those in with the points too!! LOL..
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #629
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb, Melinda, DG, Patty.....everyone! Congrats on the great losses! wowzers! You all are rockin' it in your own way!

That's what I love about this thread! I think most people who do WW or any other plan, find they need to "personalize" it. Every individual is different. I like the accountability and support of WW and over all I think Points Plus is the best plan they have ever come up with. That said, I can't eat fruit with abandon. And, I have to really limit any carbs even complex carbs. I know my body, I know what works. I don't always DO what I KNOW!!! But that's why I'm here!

So, I love that there is a place for those of us who have a "hybrid" form of WW to come and support each other.

Dukan really worked for me. Like others, I ignored his advice about totally cutting out all fat. I kept right on eating my healthy oils and cooking with them. Now I've read Johnson's Alternate Day Diet book and it's given me even more ideas to tweak my WOE, personalize it and make it totally liveable while losing weight. I'm getting a whole new outlook on food.

Scale was down a pound this morning and I'm a happy camper. Proving to myself this week that I can enjoy being on vacation, EAT, have fun and still lose weight!! Woo-Hooo!!!! I'm off to take a boat ride. CBL.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #630

Hello Yam-Yam..congrats on your weight loss..I only added back one orange and I eat that at night LOL my treat!! I hope Weight Watchers works for me this time.. Low carb worked for 2 years and then just stopped...but I can't go back to high carbs and low fat... Have fun on the boat!!!!!