Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post

WEIGH IN DAY!! Ready????

DOWN.....7.2 POUNDS!!!!!!!
Guess I was doing it right after all!
WOW!WOWWOW! Congrats!!!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #572
Blabbermouth!!!

Patty: Dukan actually says that in the book! You don't "fail". You just make different choices. I also like one point where he says that after you have lost a certain amount and you are not at goal yet there will be the temptation to get weary or self satisfied and just stop.

He encourages people to move into one of the next phases, even if it's the stabilizing phase, for a while. Otherwise there is a danger of falling back into old patterns and gaining the weight back.

Make sure you pay attention as you read on and read the parts about the body remembering it's highest weight (even if you just went there for a minute) and wanting to rebel and go back to that weight.

Also read, however discouraging, about how there are points in weight gain (reaching a BMI of 29 for the first time is one and that was a while back for me!) where our fat cells become so engorged that they split and create two daughter cells. Yikes! I never knew that.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #573
Blabbermouth!!!

I worked out like an absolute crazy woman yesterday! I'm proud to say!

One hour of high intensity interval cardio on the elliptical and one hour and a half of weight lifting, strength training, body sculpting and stretching. Whew!

Cannot believe I'm not sore today. I'm going to go back and do at least 30 minutes of cardio this afternoon, then tomorrow I'll do weights again.

I burned 1927 calories the first 75 minutes, then I had to drive a few blocks to our community center because that's where the leg press machine is. I did 2 sets of 20 @ 140 pounds. By the time I finished that, my HRM said I had burned a total of 2500 calories but I'm not counting it all because my drive time was in there.

Anyway, it works out to 24 APs but I'm only going to count maybe 18 or so. I don't want to overestimate.

I've had 11 points so far today. I made a big romaine salad with surimi, tilapia and hard boiled egg, EVOO and ACV plus a dash of balsamic vinegar and some chopped onions.

Very filling and lots of good protein to build muscle!!
Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 AM   #574
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Great job Yam-Yam!!
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/170/130 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all,

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 1 slice bacon, cheese quiche & 4 bacon 7pts 2carbs
L - pork roast & caeser salad 6pts 3carbs
D - zesty chicken & salad 6pts 4carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 1pts 1carbs

Total = 22pts, 12carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
A quick flyby. Leaving as soon as DD gets home to take DH to go get his blood test. Don't know if we are going any where else or not. Had planned to goto Long John Silvers for his favorite fish and then to Sams but not sure he feels like it. Told him it didn't matter to me as I can just stay 100% OP if we don't. I plan to take the breading off the fish and chicken at LJS, but it will be tempting not to. If we don't go to out, I may bring him home and go get my nails done as the girl who does mine is going to visit family for 2 weeks in Vietnam and leaves Monday. I read that Dukan Diet lowers blood sugar and other numbers. I am excited to report that my FBS this morning was 113, the lowest it has been in months. Blood pressure is almost normal as well. Can't wait to see how my numbers come out when I have my fast blood work up at the end of the month. I won't get the results until the 1st week of February and see how much weight I've lost according to the docs records.

BBL

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Patty: Awesome that your FBS has gone down! BP too. Yay! Yes, it has an almost immediate effect. I used to be on a diuretic for BP and after only a couple of weeks on Dukan, the doc took me off. My BP went waaaaaay down. Had my annual blood panel done and everything looks great.

I just read a good article about why low carb diets work. It's not a new article, but I like how the author says we should call it a "low insulin diet" instead of low carb because of the powerful and quick impact it has.

Here is the link. I'm not happy that he mentions WW in a negative way. But, remember, this was written before WW came up with the Points Plus plan. I personally think Points Plus is the best plan WW has ever had. And P+ does not force you to eat a bunch of carbs. Grains and starchy veggies are optional. And, it's up to the individual how much fruit they consume.

Anyway, here is the link if you want to look at it:

A clear explanation of why low carb diets work. (article)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #578
Blabbermouth!!!

Just went back and read a bit more of that article. I definitely don't agree with the part about you can eat all the cheese and butter you want. That does not go along with the Dukan or Stillman plan.

However, i found it very helpful when he lists lowest carb veggies and talks about berries. I ocassionally have frozen blueberries. I either eat them frozen (Dukan says eating 6 ice cubes a day can burn enough calories in a year to burn off 6 pounds of fat!)....

or, I microwave them and then add Greek yogurt and stir it up.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Just checking in. Big project to work on today, so I won't get another chance.

Had my weigh-in today, and despite the holiday overeating and the soy sauce incident on Monday, I was only up .4 today. I will TAKE IT!! Still 21 down since September, so I am not going to whine. By next week, I should see a loss.

Hope you're all having a great day! BBTomorrow!
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #580
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/170/130 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all,
Hope eveybody is doing well

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 eggs, cheese 7pts 2carbs
L - chicken salad 7pts 2carbs
D - turkey 6pts 0carbs
D - Girls night out 8pts 2carbs (I was so good)

Total = 30 pts, 8 carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #581
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rapunzel64
Stats: 174.8/171/135
WOE: My own version of LC
Start Date: 1/9/2012
Good morning everyone!

Just WI and see that I've lost .08 since Monday when I reset my weight! I think that's pretty good for only a couple of days and it's so great to see the scale moving down again.

Also, currently shopping at Netrition, would love to hear everyone's favorite products.
rapunzel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
Holy smokes Yam-yam - what a workout! Good for you!

Patty - happy to hear about your improvement in numbers!

Rapunzel - congrats on the good scale news!!

Pam - you are inspiring! Great job on girls night out!

Shari - congrats on your WI. It's nice to see basically a "push" after some indiscretions, isn't it!

Hello Dee, Becky, Janie, and anyone I am missing!

Well, After delving into the Dukan book on Monday, I started the "Attack" on Tuesday. So today is day 3 and according to the web site, my last day of attack. It's actually been easier than I thought it would be. I started Tuesday at 168 and was 164 today. Would not be shocked by a bounce up tomorrow - that's typical after a fast drop and OK. I think I'm going to give this a try for a while.

Dr. D has some interesting things to say about being realistic on goal weights, etc. Based on the calculations on his web site, my target weight should be 154. That is a bit higher than I've always thought was my "ideal." But I've sure never spent much time being able to maintain my "ideal." Hmmm..... that is some interesting food for thought. Yam yam, I'm glad you brought it up - I'm glad to be reading the book and getting more perspective on this mystery we call weight loss journey.

I agree with the view that Dukan is something very compatible with WW - especially P+. For the moment, I am not tracking points - just doing Dukan as written. Will keep doing that if it keeps working.

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #583
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
GOOD MORNING!!

Today was day 3 of fitting some exercise into my plan. I have been doing step aerobics, Tues: 12min Wed: 20min Today: 24 min YAY!!!

I made a meal last night I found in the WW magazine. It contained wwpasta, chicken sausage, spinach, OVOO and Lemon juice. LORDY did it make my cravings horrendous!!

I had to brush my teeth and GO TO BED!! Lesson learned! Carbs STILL = Cravings.
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
August - you raise such a good point about cravings. Do you ever find it's a bit tricky - i.e. something may not trigger cravings immediately, but the next day you have a carb "itch?" I think I may have problem foods like that and the delay makes them harder to identify.

Also, there are some foods that are OBVIOUS problems because if they are in the house, I can't stop thinking about them! But there are other foods that can sit on the counter all day long, and I suspect might be causing cravings later - only if I eat them.

Ugh... I wish I just didn't care much about any foods. DH is a bit like that and I wish I could "catch" what he has!!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #585
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post

Had my weigh-in today, and despite the holiday overeating and the soy sauce incident on Monday, I was only up .4 today. I will TAKE IT!! Still 21 down since September, so I am not going to whine. By next week, I should see a loss.

Shari: That's great! And, losing 21 since Sept and keeping it off is tremendous. Go YOU!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #586
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel64 View Post
Good morning everyone!

Just WI and see that I've lost .08 since Monday when I reset my weight! I think that's pretty good for only a couple of days and it's so great to see the scale moving down again.

Also, currently shopping at Netrition, would love to hear everyone's favorite products.

Yay!!! Every loss is a great loss!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #587
Blabbermouth!!!

DG: According to the calculations on his site, my true weight should be 178. What's interesting about that is it is exactly what Jorge Cruise's chart says I should weigh. (Cruise is the author of "The 3 hour diet" and also "12 second Sequence" strength training workouts; book and DVDs). If you google Jorge Cruise weight chart you will find it or I can find it and post a link if you want to compare.

I never did see a bounce on Dukan. Now that I've read Johnson's book I think I know why. Certain WOEs stimulate a gene called SIRT1 which causes the body to actually produce a hormone which releases a unique protein into the blood stream. This particular and unique protein begins to prevent our bodies from storing fat and instead flushes it out of the body, mostly through the kidneys. Interesting.

I keep Dukan's book handy now because I found it so informative and motivating. If I ever need a reminder about how Carbs cause cravings vs. protein suppressing appetite, I go back and read some of the things I highlighted!!

Honestly I feel like I learned lots more from his book than from any I have read in recent years. And all that knowledge is sticking in my head.

This is the first time in years that I feel like the weight I lost and am losing will never come back.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #588
Blabbermouth!!!

Ah-Hem!!! Drumroll paleeaase!

I am a daily weigher most of the time. But this week I decided to stay away from the scale. knowing that weight lifting would probably cause a slight up tick on the scale which I did NOT want to see kept me away.

However, this morning I gave in and stepped on the scale right after I woke up because I "felt thinner".

Imagine my surprise!! FOUR POUNDS DOWN from just a few days ago!

Now, remember, I am experimenting a little with Johnson's plan, but I have not been perfect. And, I think all this working out has made me HUNGRY! Ya think??

Day before yesterday I ate everything that was not nailed down (thank goodness there is no real JUNK food in the house). And, I just didn't bother to track that day. Just figured I ate all my WPs and called it a day!!

However, for the most part I'm staying low carb as much as possible. I have not done a pure protein day in a while.

I know that if I do it, I will lose. I'm doing more of a "most of the time" cruise phase w/ non-starchy veggies -- mostly salads and spinach and shredded cabbage as my veggie of choice. Also brocolli and celery.

When I have a hungry day like day before yesterday, my only real carb choices in the house are double fiber bread, bananas and fiber one cereal. Could be that 4 pounds dropped off because of all the fiber and milk I had. Definitely cleans out the system in a good way.

Anyhoo. My official WW WI day is Friday. So, tomorrow I'll see what the scale reports and log that in on my on line tracker as my official weight for the week.

I'm not unhappy at all. After taking my measurements this week and seeing the inches melt away and then not seeing that expected muscle repair gain on the scale, but a loss instead, I'm
Old 01-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #589
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post
GOOD MORNING!!

Today was day 3 of fitting some exercise into my plan. I have been doing step aerobics, Tues: 12min Wed: 20min Today: 24 min YAY!!!

I made a meal last night I found in the WW magazine. It contained wwpasta, chicken sausage, spinach, OVOO and Lemon juice. LORDY did it make my cravings horrendous!!

I had to brush my teeth and GO TO BED!! Lesson learned! Carbs STILL = Cravings.
August: Great job on the exercise! You know I'm proud of you!

Someone on another board said we should call carbs "crack".
Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #590
Blabbermouth!!!

This is where I'm going. Today is a cardio only day for me. Then tomorrow it's back to cardio plus weights.

(click on the photo to make it bigger)

005.jpg
Old 01-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #591
Senior LCF Member

I made the 6 days Attack on Dukan, but I don't like going no fat. Messed myself up doing fat free diets before. I compared the Atkins diet and the Dukan and the Cruise phase is so similar to Atkins Induction accept for the fact that Dukan is FF and Atkins allows it. I'm going to do more of an Atkins using good fats. It may slow down the weight loss, but it will still correct the fasting blood sugar and I can still combine the WWPP with the Low Carb. I have lost down to where I want to be when I go to the doc in a few weeks so I've made my goal. I was at 219 this morning out of the 220s and the fasting blood sugar was 121. So I'm doing very well and pleased with my progress.

Try to get back later. PC still acting up.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #592
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post

Ugh... I wish I just didn't care much about any foods. DH is a bit like that and I wish I could "catch" what he has!!

DG
My SO is the same way; he enjoys certain foods (french fries and potato chips come to mind!) but he isn't ruled by food the way I can be.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #593
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Yay!!! Every loss is a great loss!!!
Thank you, Yam-Yam! And thank you to the other ladies who offered congrats, so nice to be w/like minded folks who understand that every oz lost counts!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #594
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
I made the 6 days Attack on Dukan, but I don't like going no fat. Messed myself up doing fat free diets before. I compared the Atkins diet and the Dukan and the Cruise phase is so similar to Atkins Induction accept for the fact that Dukan is FF and Atkins allows it. I'm going to do more of an Atkins using good fats. It may slow down the weight loss, but it will still correct the fasting blood sugar and I can still combine the WWPP with the Low Carb. I have lost down to where I want to be when I go to the doc in a few weeks so I've made my goal. I was at 219 this morning out of the 220s and the fasting blood sugar was 121. So I'm doing very well and pleased with my progress.

Try to get back later. PC still acting up.
I think that adding in good fats is an excellent idea. Dukan does clarify and say that you can cook with healthy fats or drizzle just a little on foods. He is also a fan of fatty fish like salmon.

I should have told you I never did cut out all healthy fats when I did even the Attack Phase. I kept getting in my WW minimum of healthy pourable oils and also take a fish oil supplement twice a day. I've just read too many articles that tout the benefits of healthy Omega 3 fats for weight loss, longevity and overall health.

Good for you with the BS readings and the WL!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/183 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
This was in the news in New Zealand, can you believe it...Makes me wonder?
Who really decides what is healthy....

Three McDonald's meals, including Chicken McNuggets, carrying the Weight Watchers logo will be sold in the fast food chain in New Zealand from this week and will be introduced into Australia in the next few months.

As part of the deal, McDonald's will use the Weight Watchers logo on its menu boards and Weight Watchers will promote McDonald's food to dieters.

So far, the Fillet-O-Fish, with 18g of fat and 380 calories; Chicken McNuggets, with 29g of fat and 485 calories; and Sweet Chilli Seared Chicken Wrap, with 18.8g of fat and 404 calories, have been approved by Weight Watchers.

However, Chicken McNuggets with 485 calories for 10 pieces makes up almost a third of the number of calories the average woman should consume in a day, even when not on a diet. The NHS recommends women should consume 1,500 calories a day and men 2,000.

Weight Watchers have stated that each meal is worth 6.5 points on the program, which assigns points to food items and allows dieters to consume 18 to 40 points each day to achieve their goal weight.

I alone can do it. But I can't do it alone.

The beginnings of all things are small..

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #596
Blabbermouth!!!

Kerri: That's just freaky!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
August - you raise such a good point about cravings. Do you ever find it's a bit tricky - i.e. something may not trigger cravings immediately, but the next day you have a carb "itch?" I think I may have problem foods like that and the delay makes them harder to identify.

Also, there are some foods that are OBVIOUS problems because if they are in the house, I can't stop thinking about them! But there are other foods that can sit on the counter all day long, and I suspect might be causing cravings later - only if I eat them.

DG
I feel the same way about some foods DG. I don't bring them in the house. I can't because I can't trust myself around them. I tried eating diet versions of some of the foods I like so well and it just didn't work because even if I didn't like them, I would eat them anyway and couldn't stop until they were gone. My DH doesn't have that problem either. He can eat a little and then put it away until another day, not me. I have to eat certain foods until they are all gone.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel64 View Post
Good morning everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS Rapunzel on the weight loss!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post

That is great SHinOK. Not a bad thing with the soy sauce. I like soy sauce but can't use it because of the sodium. I'm sure you'll see a loss next week.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #600
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Ah-Hem!!! Drumroll paleeaase!

I am a daily weigher most of the time. But this week I decided to stay away from the scale. knowing that weight lifting would probably cause a slight up tick on the scale which I did NOT want to see kept me away.

However, this morning I gave in and stepped on the scale right after I woke up because I "felt thinner".

Imagine my surprise!! FOUR POUNDS DOWN from just a few days ago!

Now, remember, I am experimenting a little with Johnson's plan, but I have not been perfect. And, I think all this working out has made me HUNGRY! Ya think??

Day before yesterday I ate everything that was not nailed down (thank goodness there is no real JUNK food in the house). And, I just didn't bother to track that day. Just figured I ate all my WPs and called it a day!!

However, for the most part I'm staying low carb as much as possible. I have not done a pure protein day in a while.

I know that if I do it, I will lose. I'm doing more of a "most of the time" cruise phase w/ non-starchy veggies -- mostly salads and spinach and shredded cabbage as my veggie of choice. Also brocolli and celery.

When I have a hungry day like day before yesterday, my only real carb choices in the house are double fiber bread, bananas and fiber one cereal. Could be that 4 pounds dropped off because of all the fiber and milk I had. Definitely cleans out the system in a good way.

Anyhoo. My official WW WI day is Friday. So, tomorrow I'll see what the scale reports and log that in on my on line tracker as my official weight for the week.

I'm not unhappy at all. After taking my measurements this week and seeing the inches melt away and then not seeing that expected muscle repair gain on the scale, but a loss instead, I'm
CONGRATULATIONS on the 4 lb loss!!! What a nice surprise. And thanks for always sharing.