Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Rapunzel, I have t mobile, and my HTC does all the apps really well, has a good camera. You could check it out!

I tried a Zumba DVD today, and mind you, I'm 63 yes old, and the part teaching the moves had me sweating! Lasted 37 minutes. . .of the 60 minute instructions. Will keep at it, seemed fun, but I don't have all those moves in my wheelhouse!

Just shaking things up with activity!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #512
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post

I tried a Zumba DVD today, and mind you, I'm 63 yes old, and the part teaching the moves had me sweating! Lasted 37 minutes. . .of the 60 minute instructions. Will keep at it, seemed fun, but I don't have all those moves in my wheelhouse!

Sounds fun! Would you recommend the DVD you have? What is the name of it? I've only ever gone to 2 Zumba classes. It was w/ a friend when I was out of town and I LOVED it! Practically killed me. But I loved it!!!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
Well, hopefully I am back. DH is on the mend. Saw our regular doc and he took him off 2 medications that may be causing him to feel the way he does and cause him to have difficulty breathing.

I am going to have to go back and read what y'all have written so I can catch up with all of you. I can't remember which one of you mentioned the Dukan Diet, but I found out that one of the beautiians I know who is doing it. She had told me before how she was eating, but I just found out Saturday morning that she is doing the Dukan Diet and she looks great. Then I saw some of the pics on the Dukan thread on this site and I bought the book today and am going to start it tomorrow combining it with WW pts+. Had another new low today on the scales if I can keep it. If not I'm sure it will come off with the new WW/LC combo. Catch y'all tomorrow.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/203 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
Yam-Yam...thanks for all the help, I had ordered the book from my library and it came in so I went to pick it up yesterday. Now to find some time to read it....I have heard a little about it in the past..I think I have stuck more with LC in the past because I do not like dairy..Cheese only, no milk or yogurt..YUK..I do love butter and cheese...I am trying to adjust as I have gained the weight back every time I lose it..I need to find a plan I can stay with for my remaining years.

Patty, I guess we will be reading the book together...

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
BBL

I alone can do it. But I can't do it alone.

The beginnings of all things are small..

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Rapunzel, I have t mobile, and my HTC does all the apps really well, has a good camera. You could check it out!

I picked up the advanced Zumba tape at a resale store the other day. Gave a whole .80 for it but it is very complicated. I did get up and move around but that was about it.

I'm also 63 and in Houston....where in Texas are you?

Carolyn
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #516
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri View Post
Yam-Yam...thanks for all the help, I had ordered the book from my library and it came in so I went to pick it up yesterday. Now to find some time to read it....I have heard a little about it in the past..I think I have stuck more with LC in the past because I do not like dairy..Cheese only, no milk or yogurt..YUK..I do love butter and cheese...I am trying to adjust as I have gained the weight back every time I lose it..I need to find a plan I can stay with for my remaining years.

Patty, I guess we will be reading the book together...

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday.
BBL
Kerri: Make sure you take your time reading it so you can really wrap your brain around it. I like having my own books so I can mark them up, high light, fold down corners of pages. Sometimes he repeats some facts for emphasis in different chapters, but I like that and don't mind at all. When you get to learning about the cruise, consolidation, and stabilizing parts you will understand why I think this is totally complimentary to WW. The only difference is when you get to maintenance (stabilize) he wants you to have one pure protein day per week. That's so doable as you can eat as much as you want on that day. It just has to be protein.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Welcom back, Patty! Hope your DH keeps on improving. Sounds like you've really been through it.

I noticed that my library has the Dukan Diet on its shelves, too. I don't know if I want to tinker with what I'm doing now, though. Maybe if I get stuck.

Way to go on the Zumba!! I've thought about trying it (I'm 55) and we even have free classes here at work. Just haven't gotten up the gumption to do it. But maybe you'll inspire me. I actually taught aerobics classes back in the early 1980s. Scary but true. I keep telling myself that Zumba will be similar to that, but that was 90 pounds ago--and many miles on these old knees.

Another busy day at work. Taking DD to doctor this afternoon so have to leave early. Trying to plan out my PP values for the weekend, as best I can. I know of a couple of things on our calendar, so I want to go ahead and enter the food into my tracker online so I don't get an ugly "surprise" on points later. I just want a nice, clean week within my PP ranges and without gobs of unnecessary carbs (curse you, fudge and almond roca!)

Hope everybody has a great weekend!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member

I read the book as far as the 1st 2 phases so I could get started. Tomorrow will be day 2 and I hope to be able to do at least 5 days of the Attack phase of pure protein. I'm enjoying this pretty much right now. I would love to do the 10 days, but not sure I will be able to do 10 days of pure protein without getting bored or burn out with it. So I'll take it one day at a time and see how it goes.

I tried the oat bran gallette recipe for breakfast. Although I didn't follow it completely because I didn't have all the ingredients. Plus I used a whole egg and I didn't have any Greek yogurt which don't like it any way. So just used the nofat fruit flavored yogurt which he says we can have. Since it has a sweetner, aspertame, I didn't have to add any and it was pretty good. Just decided that since I am counting WW pts to go with the modified recipe as it was only 4 pts since it called for only 2 Tbls of yogurt it made the yogurt 0 pts. After the 5 days, I plan to do the 1/1 alternating of 1 day pure protein followed with 1 day of veggies + protein. I think I can do that very easily. I plan to go through the recipes and see which ones I might like and make copies of them.

Kerri and Yam Yam - I look forward to hearing what you think when you read you book.

SHinOK - I wouldn't change anything either as long as what your doing is working for you the way you want. I really believe we each have to do what works for us. I like the idea of this thread where we can eat as much or as little carbs as we think we can live with and lose at the speed we desire.

Got to get to bed. Will try to get back here tomorrow.

Y'all have a great week end.

Last edited by Pattygirl; 01-06-2012 at 09:53 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #519
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rapunzel64
Stats: 174.8/171/135
WOE: My own version of LC
Start Date: 1/9/2012
Yam-Yam, you sold me! Just ordered the Dukan book for my Kindle. Can't wait to dig in!

magnamater, thanks for the input, I will look into it!

Pattygirl, so glad your hubby is feeling better!

A question: Can you all suggest some good, quick snack items? I've been substituting nuts for the popcorn, pretzels, etc I used to eat but at 5 P+ per serving, they're a bit much, even if they are healthy. Thoughts?
rapunzel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #520
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
still out heer not on any plan sucks,have to kind of eat what friends will fix u. now on day 3 of the flue so help afraid to come by.i got the zumba for Wii from santa but can't do much now, too sore to even walk much. now all parties claim to have injuries and had to lawyer up yesterday since they all did,bummer my company was treating very well but i saw that gieco was trying to pull a fast one so turned it all over to lawyer, maybe now i can just try to get over the flue and go see .the docs. my arm is still causing a lot of pain, does not seem normal but..... congrats to all those still losing miss ya's
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/203 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
Dee ,so sorry you are hurting.. And to have insurance problems to go along with it...

Patty, so happy your DH is doing so much better...Best of luck starting the plan ..I have not started the book yet..I am on the run and need to find some quiet time just for me...Sure wish it was on tape..I could listen in the car...

I'm thinking of getting one of those exercise balls..Anyone here have one? Not sure what to look for..I need to start slow and easy..With all my arthritis I can only walk a little and I do water aerobics in the summer..
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Yam-Yam You gave a great explanation for how this works. The lady I know didn't think it would work with WW PP, but I agree with you that it works very well with it. I've only read the 1st 2 Phases so far since I'm on the Attack phase right now and will go to the 2nd sometime next week. I apprecicate the quick explanation you shared about the last two. I was wondering if I would have a problem with it down the road the way he says some do, but now after reading what you wrote about how well it works with WW PP, I don't think I will have any problem with it. Thank you for sharing with us.

rapunzel Sorry, I really don't know what to eat for snacks since I've just started this woe. I hope someone else can give you some good ideas.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #523
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi all!

can't remember who asked about snack ideas. By now you know I'm a big fan of protein because it fills you up, keeps your body from retaining fluid, keeps you full for a long time, has a SDA of 30, and produces an appetite suppressing hormone in the brain!

Therefore, for snacks I have things like real crab surimi (buy it in the frozen section of market and let it thaw in fridge. You don't have to cook it as it is pre-cooked). It's 1 pt per ounce and packed with protein. I eat it right out of a zip lock bag, sometimes with nice crunchy celery. I like hard boiled eggs and always keep them around. If I'm really hungry, I eat one whole egg and then some egg whites. The hard boiled whites without the yolk are 1 pt for 3 whites. very satisfying. Another thing I love is Chobani fat free plain yogurt. You get 23 grams of protein in 8 ounces and it's 3 points. (although I think if you eat 4 ounces and then wait and eat the other 4 ounces later, you get away with 2 points).

To the yogurt I add a bit of Splenda and either a touch of vanilla extract or sometimes I drizzle Hershey's chocolate syrup on the top for a real treat. Ever since I looked @ the NI label on the syrup and found out it has NO FAT I am a huge fan.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #524
Blabbermouth!!!

Another thing I do is take one slice of Foster Farms oven roasted deli turkey breast and wrap it around 3 or 4 pepperchinis. I like the hot ones. You can add a piece of romaine lettuce before you roll it and keep it closed w/ a toothpick. 4 slices of the deli turkey are one point, so you could have 4 roll ups for 1 point as the pepperchinis are zero.

Patty: Glad your DH is starting to feel better.

About the Dukan attack phase: I'm not sure if I posted here my experience when I first read the book. I only read about the Attack Phase and I read it several times. (And, I loved reading the preface about "the man who only loved meat." That was a good story and tells how Dukan got started with helping people lose weight). After I DID the attack phase and it worked so well, then I went on to read the cruise phase and so on.

Anyway, I lost 14 pounds in 10 days. And, believe me, I was not perfect in following the rules. For the first 3 days I was 100% perfect and only ate protein and fat free dairy just as Dukan prescribes. I lost 7 pounds in 3 days and by day seven I was down 9 pounds. After the 10th day when I had lost 14 pounds I switched to the cruise phase and kept losing. That weight has never come back. By the end of the first month I was down 17 pounds and then I continued with the cruise phase.

Of course, I was not perfect. We went to Maui for a week in September and then on another out of town trip the week after we got back from Maui. I watched what I was eating, and loosely counted points in my head. But I did not gain an ounce.

Now I'm down 31 pounds and for the most part since October I have been doing the cruise phase on and off, alternating it with Points Plus days.

I stick with my points allowance every day which is 28 and I track. I've been eating all my WPAs every week, too.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 01-07-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #525
Blabbermouth!!!

Have any of you heard about the Wendy Plan? I read about it on the Weight Watchers message board. Apparently you eat more points one day and less the next which supposedly speeds up metabolism.

When I read about the JUDD WOE 2 weeks ago (never heard of that before) it sounded very similar except that JUDD alternates very very low calorie restricted days with high calorie days. It's also supposed to speed up the metabolism and burn fat faster.

I decided what the heck, I'd give it a try since my loss has slowed down quite a bit lately. I've been trying it, but the scale is staying the same.

An interesting thing is that when I went to the JUDD site to figure out my up day/ down day calorie count on the site calculator, I worked out the average, divided it by 40 and it came out to 28 WW points plus values per day. Exactly what i'm getting from WW!

I'm thinking about doing Dukan's Attack Phase for 3 or 4 days to see if I can get the scale moving downward again. have to say, I was happy to maintain over the holidays and since. I think my body may be resting at this weight before it's ready to drop more. We shall see!

Sorry to be so chatty! Just toggle through my posts when I blabber too much and get boring, OK?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Becky
Stats: 178/178/140...48 years old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start date: 11/17/2014
Good God this thread got HUGE!!!! I posted way back on page 1 saying that low carb and WW are infact compatable. I'd like to state that FOR ME it worked for a bit but then I was getting extreamly hungry again after going through all my points for the day and started thinking about food again 24/7! I'm 100% Atkins right now and have lost 9 pounds in 7 days so far (induction), and am not very hungry at all. If I start going overboard with portion control issues I will keep track of points again, I actually have been writing down everything I eat and for morbid curiosity's sake will be tallying up my 1st week on induction grand total but I really believe I went wayyyyy over all alotted points (including the 45 "extras"). For today alone I'm fairly sure I went up to at least 30 and havn't had supper yet.

I wish everyone that is combining the two sucessfully the best of luck and tons of losses!

Exercise 4x per week.
Drink more water (80+ oz per day)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #527
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Have any of you heard about the Wendy Plan? I read about it on the Weight Watchers message board. Apparently you eat more points one day and less the next which supposedly speeds up metabolism.

When I read about the JUDD WOE 2 weeks ago (never heard of that before) it sounded very similar except that JUDD alternates very very low calorie restricted days with high calorie days. It's also supposed to speed up the metabolism and burn fat faster.

I decided what the heck, I'd give it a try since my loss has slowed down quite a bit lately. I've been trying it, but the scale is staying the same.

An interesting thing is that when I went to the JUDD site to figure out my up day/ down day calorie count on the site calculator, I worked out the average, divided it by 40 and it came out to 28 WW points plus values per day. Exactly what i'm getting from WW!

I'm thinking about doing Dukan's Attack Phase for 3 or 4 days to see if I can get the scale moving downward again. have to say, I was happy to maintain over the holidays and since. I think my body may be resting at this weight before it's ready to drop more. We shall see!

Sorry to be so chatty! Just toggle through my posts when I blabber too much and get boring, OK?
I've heard of the Wendie plan from way back when it first came out, it reminded me of JUDD when I first read about that plan. I like the idea of keeping your body guessing but I have a feeling the low days would have me pulling out my hair!
Old 01-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #528
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky: This is a great thread, huh? Sounds like you are doing fantastic so far with Atkins. I've never done Atkins at all. Never even tried it.

Interesting Down Days have not been that hard for me. Don't know why. However, I've been trying this for 2 weeks and have maintained the same weight. I have thought that my body is in a plateau or resting state and nothing will work until it's ready to drop. I keep losing inches though. So I'll be happy for that until I can figure this out.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Blaabber whenever you want. It has been very helpful. Thanks!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #530
Senior LCF Member

PC is acting up so I may have to be off here a few days while DH works on it, but I will be back. I'll try to use his pc to check in if I can. If not, I'll be back ASAP.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #531
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
Well, hopefully I am back. DH is on the mend. Saw our regular doc and he took him off 2 medications that may be causing him to feel the way he does and cause him to have difficulty breathing.

I am going to have to go back and read what y'all have written so I can catch up with all of you. I can't remember which one of you mentioned the Dukan Diet, but I found out that one of the beautiians I know who is doing it. She had told me before how she was eating, but I just found out Saturday morning that she is doing the Dukan Diet and she looks great. Then I saw some of the pics on the Dukan thread on this site and I bought the book today and am going to start it tomorrow combining it with WW pts+. Had another new low today on the scales if I can keep it. If not I'm sure it will come off with the new WW/LC combo. Catch y'all tomorrow.
Welcome back Pattygirl!! So glad your hubby's on the mend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel64 View Post
Yam-Yam, you sold me! Just ordered the Dukan book for my Kindle. Can't wait to dig in!

magnamater, thanks for the input, I will look into it!

Pattygirl, so glad your hubby is feeling better!

A question: Can you all suggest some good, quick snack items? I've been substituting nuts for the popcorn, pretzels, etc I used to eat but at 5 P+ per serving, they're a bit much, even if they are healthy. Thoughts?
Light String cheese is a good snack (1-2pt, 1 carb).
Celery with peanut butter (3points, 5carbs),
Hard boiled egg (2pt, 0.5Carb),
The weight watcher's Garden Veggie soup (0points),
100Calorie pks Cocoa almonds or Cinnamon almonds (3points, 4carbs, 2fiber=2net carbs)

this is day 7 for me and my Weigh in is tomorrow AM. I am soooo nervous. I hope to have lost weight. I didn't use up all my weekly points and only went over my dailys twice. HOWEVER I ate A LOT of fruit. I stay away from bread but do eat the Low Carb Wraps (2points)

I started with my mom and my dad started right up with us. He isn't attending meetings, just going along with my moms plan. He lost 5Lb in 5 days!!

Today will be a High protein day. I will work on my Wii fit and keep up the positive thoughts.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #532
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much for the snack ideas!

I've been reading TaDa!'s posts and WL story, very interested in how she was able to combine vegetarianism and LC. As I've mentioned before, I am not a fan of meat and prefer eating veg, going to do a bit more research..thoughts?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:50 AM   #533
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post

this is day 7 for me and my Weigh in is tomorrow AM. I am soooo nervous. I hope to have lost weight. I didn't use up all my weekly points and only went over my dailys twice. HOWEVER I ate A LOT of fruit. I stay away from bread but do eat the Low Carb Wraps (2points)

I started with my mom and my dad started right up with us. He isn't attending meetings, just going along with my moms plan. He lost 5Lb in 5 days!!

Today will be a High protein day. I will work on my Wii fit and keep up the positive thoughts.
Good luck on your WI, am sure you'll be pleasantly surprised!!

Men always drop the weight so quickly, don't they? Not fair!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #534
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
YES, men do drop weight fast...especially my dad! Lol. I am happy for him, though.

I (personally) worry about eating vegan/LC and getting in enough protein. I lost weight really fast in the past and lost so much hair Oh and Hard Boiled eggs are my fave!

Tada!'s story and transformation is remarkable, so perhaps she can give you some tips irt keeping protein levels up. Keep me posted, I love to hear others ways of eating.
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Hubby has my pc working right now so I'll write while I can. Thanks to ALL of you for you kind words of encouragment and thoughts of my DH. As a charge nurse told him in the hospital... he didn't get this way over night and he won't get over it over night. It will take some time, but I believe he will get well in due time. He has good docs who care and want to help him.

Thanks so much to all of you who shared what you snack on. And a special thanks to Yam Yam for sharing her story and how she ate and how the diet worked for her. That and getting up this morning to a new low (3rd day and have lost 3 lbs) got me fired up.

Sunday is my WI day and with what I've lost using the Dukan diet for 2 days and since I started WW/LC in Dec, I've lost a total of 15 lbs. This way of eating sure works for me. My fasting blood sugar is back in the 120s too. I'm so thankful for finding this way of dieting/eating. I only eat when I'm hungry and not by the clock which is more like the Intuitive Eating way which I really like. Eat only when you are hungry, eat what you really want savoring every bite and stop when satisfied. WOW what a joy... to be able to eat and really enjoy what you eat doesn't sound or feel like a diet.

With new ideas I got and thought of making up on my own, I skipped church this morning and went to the grocery store to get more protein foods and some things DH needed. I am ready to go the full 7 days. My 2 yr old DGS loves to eat what I eat. But he doesn't like eggs. Counting WW pts, I love cooking with eggbeaters. How surprised I was when I was eating an egg scramble I had made with them and he loves them. We figure the texture is easier for him. Last night I was eating baked trout and he wanted some of it and he loves it. How neat that he loves to eat the healthy foods I am learning that I also love.

This morning I made me an egg omlet with shrimp and mozzerella cheese for a nice count of 3 pts for breakfast. I have to admit that I also like the idea of how easy it is to prepare this stuff. I bought some egg whites to try and make the oat bran gallette with.

scandalouslyglam Good luck on the WI,

Have a great Sunday. Catch y'all later.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #536
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post

I (personally) worry about eating vegan/LC and getting in enough protein. I lost weight really fast in the past and lost so much hair Oh and Hard Boiled eggs are my fave!

Tada!'s story and transformation is remarkable, so perhaps she can give you some tips irt keeping protein levels up. Keep me posted, I love to hear others ways of eating.
I agree, August, but I wouldn't be vegan, couldn't live w/o eggs and cheese! But I have been "mostly vegetarian" in the past, allowing for some fish on occasion, and that was very easy for me.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #537
Blabbermouth!!!

August: Fingers crossed for a great WI!!

Rapunzel: I'm with you on loving eggs. I now love the western omelet recipe that came in my box of Zip-n'-Steam bags. You just toss in the eggs and other ingredients right into the bag, zip it shut, squeeze it around to mix and then microwave is for a couple of minutes. It makes the most delish omelet! so easy and fast and no dirty pan!!

Patty: Wooo! Hoooo! You are really working your plan and the plan is working so well for you! Isn't it cool how invigorated you feel? You are doing great. Oh my, I love the Oatbran Gallette. Did I already tell you I make the recipe for 4 at a time and refrigerate the leftover ones? They keep really well and taste good cold or heated up in the microwave.

It's 4 egg whites (whisk till frothy); 1/2 cup fat free, plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup oat bran. Then I add 2 packets of Splenda. Mix it all up and I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to get nice round cakes. Pour on a 375 degree preheated griddle. These take a little longer than regular white flour pancakes to cook. Just watch them and when they get nice and brown on one side, flip 'em.

So light, fluffy, thick and filling! I'm surprised at how they rise and poof up so fluffy. YUM!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

Almost forgot! I have good news!

I am glad I weigh every day. Friday is my official WW WI day. There was no change because I was up on Friday. However, I do write my weight down every morning on a daily chart.

Someone recommended averaging your weight each week.

When I did the 7 day average, it shows a -1.4 loss! wooo-hoooo! I'm going with that!

It's because I had two really low days. Told you I'm experimenting with JUDD and after the first 7 days there was no loss even when I averaged it out and even though each day the scale bounced up and then back down. But after 7 more days, it looks like I'm goin' down. Can't believe it. Feel like I've been stuck for weeks. I'm soooooo happy!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Almost forgot! I have good news!

I am glad I weigh every day. Friday is my official WW WI day. There was no change because I was up on Friday. However, I do write my weight down every morning on a daily chart.

Someone recommended averaging your weight each week.

When I did the 7 day average, it shows a -1.4 loss! wooo-hoooo! I'm going with that!

It's because I had two really low days. Told you I'm experimenting with JUDD and after the first 7 days there was no loss even when I averaged it out and even though each day the scale bounced up and then back down. But after 7 more days, it looks like I'm goin' down. Can't believe it. Feel like I've been stuck for weeks. I'm soooooo happy!
So glad and happy for you. I weigh everyday too. I've heard it said we shouldn't, but it helps me to stick with it.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG!!! if you guys had seen how many points I used per day on my first week of Atkins you'd drop dead!

I started on the first and will list my points then I'll tell you how much weight I lost so far...

Saturday Jan. 1: 39 points
Sunday: 42
Monday: 69
Tuesday: 66
Wednesday: 59
Thursday: 66
Friday: 61
Saturday: 61 I'll add today also...
Sunday: 47 (ketosis kicked in me thinks)

Sooooo I used at least 2x as many points as "normal" but ate 100% low carb (yes too many nuts and cheese) but I lost 8 pounds! YEAH!!! I did also give up Diet Pepsi completely, and started taking 1t of coconut oil 2x per day. Hoping to heck it sticks, next week will probably be less points because for most of this week I was starving (except today).