Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #481
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Yam-Yam - Your avatar does not look like northern CA....at least to me. Looks more like Hawaii. Did you take the photo? Beautiful! I grew up in Hawaii on Oahu, Dad was in the Air Force.

This evening I broiled talapia fillets (a staple at least once a week here when I'm on plan, and DH loves it...I just add spices). Also took about 1 tbsp extra virgin Coconut Oil and melted it in saucepan, added 2 tbsp of Vidalia Onion vinegarette dressing, then added 2 cups fresh spinach and stir fried for about 3 minutes, not til all was wilted. On top of that added 1/4 cup french fried onion crumbles that I had nuked for about 20 seconds to warm and stirred twice to mix into spinach. Served all hot. Yum. DH loved it. Now I see what the problem was in my conversation....I was referrring to coconut oil, and you were referring to olive oil!! I get my Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from health food store (Barlean's Organic Oil), cold pressed. Everything I said in a previous post about the benefits was referring to EVCO!! Ha!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #482
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Deb: In September DH and I spent a week at a timeshare on Maui. I took this picture with my cheap camera as I was standing on our balcony. Took dozens, actually. We loved that place (The Kuleana Resort) because it had that private beach right out our back door. The sunsets were stunning. The view was amazing.

I love coconut oil as well. I read somewhere that you should not melt it in the microwave because it loses nutrients, so I always melt it in a pan.

Your meal sounds yummy. Do you love to cook? I do!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #483
Blabbermouth!!!

I love tilapia, too. We have it a couple of times a week. It's a great go-to food for me.

It must have been great living on Oahu. We own a time share on Waikiki Beach at the Imperial. We usually go there every year but last year DH wanted to go to Maui. Love that too.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 AM   #484
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rapunzel64
Stats: 174.8/171/135
WOE: My own version of LC
Start Date: 1/9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post

Hey, Rapunzel, I read Mark's Daily Apple every day (the Primal Blueprint guy) and have for years. While I LOVE everything he talks about, it's just getting myself to do it that's the problem. But his Friday success stories are SO incredible! I look forward to reading those every week. I honestly was thinking just this morning that if (God forbid) our WWatWork class doesn't make again, I might do the PB as much as possible just to see how it works for me. Really, it sounds SO logical and healthy to me and pretty simple, but it's probably too high fat to use with WW. To me, it sounds like the perfect human WOE--the way we were meant to eat, you know?
SHinOK, I just heard about Primal Blueprint and Mark a couple of weeks ago, have his book on my Kindle and have skimmed but not thoroughly read yet. My problem is I honestly am not a big fan of meat; I was a vegetarian for 10 years (for animal rights issues, not health) and started adding more protein back into my diet because of my weight when I discovered that vegetarians can be fat! Pasta & beans & rice, oh, my! Anyway, PB really pushes meat, IMHO, and it's tough for me to digest, no pun intended. I prefer seafood and a little bit of poultry but red meat is a rare occurrence for me.
rapunzel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:53 AM   #485
Junior LCF Member

P.S. We love black kitties, too! We currently have 4 cats residing with us - 3 of my own, one belongs to my daughter who's moved back home temporarily. Jezebel the black, aged 8; Jackson the yellow tabby, aged 3; Lucifer the gray tabby, aged 1.5. and my daughter's black & white, Presley; aged 8.

We also have 2 doggies (Loki, my wolfdog, aged 2) and Lucy, daughter's mixed breed, age 4.

We have a full house, that's for sure, but we love them!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:13 AM   #486
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ArdMaine
Stats: 6' 230/230/199
WOE: General low carb, less than 25gm carbs, whole food
Start Date: 6/15/14
Wow, I think I overloaded my brain with Weight Watchers info....heres's a few questions I have:

When I entered WW I was registered. She weighed me and using my info calculated my Target points as 31. I bought a WW Calculator ($5) and when I got home I calculated my Target points and it was 42!! That's a huge difference and now I'm confused. I did it over and over...Maybe she calculated my height as 5feet, by mistake, I am 6 feet tall.

42 points is a HUGE amount. I missed my target by 13 points...will this mess me up?? I guess what I'm asking is if I DON't eat all my targeted points and I ruining my chances??

It seems as I make lower carb choices I am using far less points than if I was choosing bread.

Do you Weigh at home?? I am scared to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
I'm just counting my WW pts hoping I will not have to count anything else. So far it seems to be working for me. I really don't want to count anything else.
I am ONLY tracking my points...but I am KEEPING in mind the carb count of things, too. ie: choosing a L/C wrap in place of 2 pieces of WW Bread. Mustard in place of Mayo. Almond milk in place of regular milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
It is based on how humans ate before agriculture introduced grains/refined foods. Think caveman food. It's essentially meat, fat, oils, nuts, lots of non-starchy veggies and occasional fruit. He allows some red wine or very dark chocolate and says to aim for an "80/20" success rate--meaning, you should stick with it at least 80% of the time to be successful.

He also promotes "playing" and "lifting heavy things" as exercise and thinks running shoes should be avoided because he says they put your body in an unnatural stance for exercise. Mark used to be a hard-core fitness junkie, running marathons, etc. Now he exercises "naturally" and looks amazingly fit for a 50-something guy. You can go to marksdailyapple and find out all you want to know about the Primal Blueprint there (look on the right-hand column for links).

It's fascinating stuff. If you sign up for his newsletters, you should be able to get links to his cookbooks and things, too.

Like I said, I love it (the concept). I just can't stick with it. Or really (to be honest) can get myself to do it! I think there's a Paleo board on this site somewhere. It's not all Primal Blueprint, but a lot of it is similar in theory.
I Love the primal idea, I even enjoy eating that way. I just am sick of restricting so many things, it was a difficult plan for me to follow long-term. Eating out and eating with family caused me a lot of anxiety. It does make sense, though. Unfortunately Primal humans were so much more active, there was no convenience for those cave guys, so they expended a lot more calories then us "evolved" people. Good luck, and PLEASE keep me posted how Primal goes for you.

NO SNEAKERS, I never heard that part!
I have Plantar fascitis and would DIE of pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
Yam-Yam - Your avatar does not look like northern CA....at least to me. Looks more like Hawaii. Did you take the photo? Beautiful! I grew up in Hawaii on Oahu, Dad was in the Air Force.

This evening I broiled talapia fillets (a staple at least once a week here when I'm on plan, and DH loves it...I just add spices). Also took about 1 tbsp extra virgin Coconut Oil and melted it in saucepan, added 2 tbsp of Vidalia Onion vinegarette dressing, then added 2 cups fresh spinach and stir fried for about 3 minutes, not til all was wilted. On top of that added 1/4 cup french fried onion crumbles that I had nuked for about 20 seconds to warm and stirred twice to mix into spinach. Served all hot. Yum. DH loved it. Now I see what the problem was in my conversation....I was referrring to coconut oil, and you were referring to olive oil!! I get my Extra Virgin Coconut Oil from health food store (Barlean's Organic Oil), cold pressed. Everything I said in a previous post about the benefits was referring to EVCO!! Ha!
Tilapia...I want to start eating more fish. What is tilapia's flavor like? Is is "fishy" I hate fishy fish. I don't like salmon cause its "Chalky" to me. I enjoy haddock, scallops, Fresh tuna and sword fish. It would be nice to be able to buy some frozen Tilapia fillets and Steam them up!!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:19 AM   #487
Junior LCF Member

August, no answers for you re: the PointsPlus, am sure some of the experts here can help you!

I live in Florida where we can be barefoot all year long, and I love walking on the beach that way. However, when it comes to walking on the treadmill or street, I need my sneakers!

Tilapia has a very mild taste, not "fishy" at all! I have an easy recipe for it using Ro-tel tomatoes, will dig it up and share later.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kerri
Stats: 222/203 /150....
WOE: Atkins, LCHF
Start Date: Over and Over and over AGAIN...
Good morning to you all...Lots of chatter for me to catch up with, I love it..

August, I also love Tilapia , it is very mild. I know what your talking about with the Plantar fasciitis, I also suffer. I have to wear my sneakers all the time with orthotic inserts...also in Fl.and would love to wear sandals again.
I have not been to a meeting in awhile and they may have changed the points ..Gosh when I went about everyone was 29 points.I guess I should go to a meeting to see if much has changed...

rapunzel64..I would think you could still do well with fish and Chicken only, there is plenty of protein there..Its also easier to find organic chicken then it is to find the beef or pork....

I alone can do it. But I can't do it alone.

The beginnings of all things are small..

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment
kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi everyone! I am not caught up on all the fabulous posts and posters since I posted last week. I'm happy to say I seem to be back on track after my detour. Sugar is POISON for me.

August - I noticed your question about your target points. If you are putting correct info into the calculator, I would assume that is correct for now. If I were you I would definitely ask your leader or the receptionist to recalculate when you go to your next meeting. The "minimum" points now is 26. It used to be 29. They have discovered that our nutritional needs CAN be met with 26 points. Of course that assumes you are focusing on healthy nutritious food for those 26! I guess what I'm saying is that if you feel 41 is too many, you could go lower for the short term and shouldn't have a problem. (I would definitely double check with the center though..)

There was another question up stream about fat. I used to be able to lose weight just on regular LC. Cut the carbs and my weight dropped. As I have gotten older (I am also treated for hypothyroid) I can no longer just drop the carbs and lose weight. I HAVE to watch how much fat I'm eating. Two teaspoons of healthy fat is not enough for me to feel comfortable. (the minimum WW guideline) However, I can't eat fat with impunity either. I typically have the equivalent of 2 tablespoons of fat per day, and I work that into my points. What is typically NOT in my plan is grains. Basically, that's where my exchange is happening.

Well, I'm off to the gym. Have a great OP day everyone!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
i too dealt with it for years orthotics etc. my mom about 6 years ago picked up a pair of birkenstocks at a yard sale, not my favorite shoe but i tried them and now i own 10 pairs never had another day of pain and wear their inserts in my tennis shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerri View Post
Good morning to you all...Lots of chatter for me to catch up with, I love it..

August, I also love Tilapia , it is very mild. I know what your talking about with the Plantar fasciitis, I also suffer. I have to wear my sneakers all the time with orthotic inserts...also in Fl.and would love to wear sandals again.
I have not been to a meeting in awhile and they may have changed the points ..Gosh when I went about everyone was 29 points.I guess I should go to a meeting to see if much has changed...

rapunzel64..I would think you could still do well with fish and Chicken only, there is plenty of protein there..Its also easier to find organic chicken then it is to find the beef or pork....
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dee, I also tried the Birk's and the hurt me so bad under the big toe area that I had to stop wearing them..I have about 6 or 7 pairs in the closet....

I am doing good so far today and my scale is down 2#s..I hope it stays that way......
Old 01-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #492
Blabbermouth!!!

August: You will love tilapia. Buy it frozen. It's better and more convenient.

Wow, that is a big difference in points. You are probably right and the leader accidentally put the wrong height in for you. I would go with your calculator this week.

What I recommend (and official WW does too) is that you get in all your GHGs every day. If you do that and you are satisfied, don't worry too much about eating all your DPs if you are not hungry. They are there for you to use. WW recommends members use all DPs only because they do not want you to get overly hungry and binge or eat the wrong things.

Make the zero point soup! It's awesome. Very filling and a great go-to food.

Glad you are on board!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #493
Blabbermouth!!!

I just made the soup!! It's WONDERFUL!! I did add 5 mushrooms sliced thin, figuring they are a 0point value. It was divine! I Did use Fat Free/Low Sodium Beef broth, so it needed a little more salt added. Yummy!! I had some as my appetizer for lunch...and really don't think I'll need lunch for a while!!
ArdMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #494
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandalouslyglam View Post
I just made the soup!! It's WONDERFUL!! I did add 5 mushrooms sliced thin, figuring they are a 0point value. It was divine! I Did use Fat Free/Low Sodium Beef broth, so it needed a little more salt added. Yummy!! I had some as my appetizer for lunch...and really don't think I'll need lunch for a while!!
Now you motivated me! I'm going to go buy soup ingredients so I can make it tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #495
Junior LCF Member

It's finally chilly enough for soup weather, will be making it tomorrow as well!
Old 01-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
How nice to have so many in our little corner!

Happy Back to Normal after the holidays Day.

My meeting today, weigh in was good, lost last week's gains plus some, so going the right way, and know when I move more it will be even better.

Note to self: cook tilapia tonight!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
It takes me about 15-20 minutes to make talipia for dinner. Like Yam-Yam said, I buy the individually frozen fillets in a big bag at Sams, take out about 5 of them, put in sink and let warm to hot running water fill up a bowl containing the pkgs--they defrost within about 4 minutes. Meanwhile I wash up and cut asparagus, place wet paper towels under and over asparagus on plate and nuke for 4 minutes or more. Then open up talapia packets, lay on aluminum foiled covered cookie sheet, apply various dried spices (chicken or steak mix kind that I can grind on), stick in broiler, turn over after about 5 minutes and apply more spice, broil additional 3 to 4 minutes. When asparagus is al dente, apply a little ICBINB spray on asparagus, dinner is served! DH might also get a toasted Everything bagel.

Last edited by Fit2010; 01-03-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #498
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the Tilapia info Fit2010!

Ok so more weird info about my points plan. I logged in the the free eTools on WW.com and they figured my points at 36. I am sticking to this.

WW. meeting said 31
My Calculator said 42
WWPP Website said 36

Since I have been eating about 27points each day I am still 9 away from my budget. Do I eat more???
Old 01-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Morning all,

Need to catch up on all the post later. Have a great day.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 egg,cheese 7pts 2carbs
L - chicken salad 7pts 2carbs
L - diced chicken w/ blue cheese dressing 4pts 2carbs
D - Sliced beef w/ 1 cup steamed cauliflower 5pts 5carbs
D - side caeser salad 3pts 3carbs
S - tea 0pts 1carbs

Total = 28pts, 17carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning to you all.... I am already hungry just reading these wonderful ideas...We are in the hot soup mode here in Florida thats for sure..We are not used to this..I know all the northerners are smiling at us today..I feel bad for the fish farmers here..My dogie had her sweater on this morning..I made a egg and cheese casserole in the oven for breakfast. The kitchen was warm and smelled so good...A little high in fat but very LC...
Old 01-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #501
Blabbermouth!!!

My meals for Tuesday:
MY first day and my hubbies birthday

Am
2Cups coffee w/4Tbspoon Cream 2p

Midday
LC Tortilla 2p
lettuce, red pepper 0p
3 ounces ham 3p
mustard 0p
HB egg 2p
Plum 0p
Strawberries 0p

Dinner
6 pc Maki Sushi roll 3p
2 pieces Spicy Tuna Roll 4p
1 Cup cukes w/FF Dressing 1p
1"x1" Bite of Birthday cake 4p
2 HB eggs 4p
1 banana 0p
1 Tbsp Natural PB 3p

TOTAL: 29 points

Wednesday (Much better eating day)

AM
2 C coffee+4TBS cream 2p
3/4C FiberOne 2p
1 Cup berries 0p
3/4 Cup Unsw. Coconut milk 1p

Snack
1 HB egg 2p
mustard 0p

Midday
2 oz Ham 2p
WW Veg soup 0p
2 Hb eggs 4p

Snack
Coffee+1/2&1/2 1p
Grapes 0p
Celery + 1 Tbsp Peanut butter 3p

Dinner
LC Wrap 2p
LF Mayo 1p
Lett., Tom, Peppers 0p
1 Slice ham 1p
3 ounces chicken breast 3p
WW Veg soup 0p
FF pudding cup w/small banana 3p

TOTAL 27 points
Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #502
Junior LCF Member

August, I personally would advise you to eat the minimum P+ WW suggests. When I've done that in the past, I've lost weight. That's how the program's set up to work so I trust it.

P.S. Happy Birthday to your hubby!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #503
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Rapunzel. I am doing much better today. It's a learning process and I'm feeling much more comfortable with my plan today.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
August, I agree with Rapunzel....don't limit your points now, because they will go down as you lose weight. Somehow, I think it might sabotage you down the line if you go too low too early. I've also found that I lose best when I eat EVERYTHING.....and I mean EVERY single point I'm allowed--plus all of my 49 extra points. I get 39 PP/day (I have a lot to lose), and usually by Monday, I've used those PLUS most all of my 49 points. But those extra points give me a chance to have a treat or splurge or just eat more of something I really like (like real cream in my coffee!). And so far, those are the weeks when I tend to lose best. But you'll just have to tinker with it and see what works for you.

Well...............I went to my meeting at lunch time and chose to SKIP the scale. I know I'm up a few pounds, and I just couldn't face having it show up on my "permanent record" (Ha!!). My leader had no problem with it (it's even stipulated inside your weight tracker), so I just signed in and sat through the meeting. I think it actually helped me not to have to see a number that would make me madder at myself than I already am, so it was worth it. After having such a great loss last time (4.4 lbs), it honestly might have sent me off on a binge to see that I had gained most or all of that back. As it is, I now have a nice clean slate. New year, new resolve. I'm ready to get this weight off!!!! I want to be down another 20 lbs by June when we go on vacation.

And I also got the WW app for my new android phone today. It is SOOOOOO awesome!! I can do my weight tracker on it, so there will never be an excuse for not keeping track of what I eat!! There's also a new product barcode scanner app that lets you scan something and get the 2012 PP value for that food. I tried it on a couple of things I had here in the office, and it's fantastic!! You can scan any food with a barcode, and you can compare it with other foods that you've scanned. You can even add the food directly to your tracker from the scanner. Pretty cool!!! I am very techno-challenged, so this is a big step for me. But I think it just might be the ticket to keeping myself on track. I've already entered my food for the whole day, so I have a plan in place. Should be a no-brainer just to eat what's already entered. But if it changes, I just reach in my purse and make the change--no need to wait until I can get to the computer. If I have to wait, I'll usually just forget, so this will be a godsend for me. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

Hope you're all having a great Wednesday!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #505
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Shari! I need all the direction I can get

Good for you going to your meeting even if you did skip weigh-in. Next week will be better!!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #506
Junior LCF Member

Shari, I love everything about your last post!

Good for you for knowing when to skip the scale, allowing yourself some time to recup w/o sabotaging your efforts! By next WI you'll have dropped those pounds and be happy to step on the scale.

Would you mind sharing more about your new phone and WW app? I'm considering a new phone, mostly for this reason! I have a Blackberry and while I'm pleased with it overall, there aren't a lot of apps available. I'm forced to use WW Mobile which is so sloooooowww I often give up before logging.

Thanks in advance, have a great day!

Michele/Rapunzel
Old 01-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Morning, Hope everybody is having a great day

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 egg,cheese 7pts 2carbs
L - bacon,onion,green been stirfry & rosemary pork 2pts 3carbs
D - beef & blue cheese salad 6pts 4carbs
S - 1/2 coffee,hwc,splenda 1pts 1carbs
S - tea 0pts 1carbs

Total = 18pts, 13carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Pam, I always love reading your menus. Gives me some good ideas for my own. Thanks for posting them.

Rapunzel, I just got a Samsung Infuse (refurbished). It was time for my whole family to upgrade, and this phone got great reviews. We have a phone plan through my work, so we are limited to what we can get, but the cost is very good, and we get to upgrade every year, if we want, instead of having to sign up for a two-year plan.

Anyway, they told me that a lot of people were trading in Blackberry and iPhones for this particular android. It's got a BIG screen. It's lightweight, and it's 4G, so it's really fast. I had no idea that they gulped battery, though, so I do have to charge it every night, but that's a small price to pay, IMO. You can do a LOT with it, and Google has zillions of apps--many for free. I got a free Amazon Kindle app, and I downloaded Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint yesterday for just $2.99 (was a special). But it essentially does almost anything I can do on a regular computer. The texting is easy, and because the keys are bigger (by virtue of the large screen), my DH isn't complaining about messing up so many texts. (big fingers, small phone was NOT a good combo!)

You should go online and look at the features. Oh!! It also has an 8-megapixel camera, which is better than my current digital camera. And you can also use it as an MP3 player. It comes with ear buds and everything. My kids LOVE theirs. I was cautioned to get a screen protector and a case for them, so I ordered a batch of them online (about $14 total), so we all have basic but different colored phone cases. We have loved everything about these phones so far. And the data plan upgrade didn't increase my bill by much at all.

There you go. More than you ever wanted to know!!
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #509
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi All,

Phone talk. DD keeps bugging me to get a new phone. Hers does everything. Don't know what kind it is, but it's amazing. One of these days I will trade up from my old Motorola flip phone...

For lunch today I'm making a big surimi and hard boiled egg on romaine lettuce salad. I chop us some onions, peppers, whatever and put it on the lettuce. Add surimi and chopped egg. Then toss it with EVOO and ACV. Really filling and delish!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #510
Major LCF Poster!

yam-yam, that sounds yum yum.....

Shari, I am smiling at all you know about this tetchy stuff..I know how to make a call on a cell phone and thats it..I have a PC at home to get on line and if I want a book I go to the library.I do buy some on amazon..I am so far back in time it's on real..I do track my points in the 3 month tracker that I bought at a meeting....I do track carbs etc. at My Plate...on-line.
I do love your postings, so much info comes from you.

I also use all my points plus..I go over to often and its the fat that does it..The LC life needs so much more fat than WW..Its tricky combining the two.I am working on it....