Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 08:45 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Yam-Yam, maybe you should try tracking your measurements. That tends to help me when the scale doesn't move. I was tinkering with the same 3-4 lbs for about a month before I dropped that 4.4 yesterday, but I knew my pants were looser. So the inches were coming off, just not the lbs. It's an evil system and can be a motivation killer, but sometimes it helps.

Patty, hope all goes well with the surgery. Will say a prayer for your DH--and you!

Welcome, Rapunzel! Yeah, we're all just trying to find what works for us. It's not always pretty, but we just try to keep plugging along and cheering each other on. Glad you're along for the ride!

Work is like a tomb today....I'm the only one in my dept working (we're closed tomorrow and Monday), so it's quiet, quiet, quiet. Hoping I can get a lot accomplished, because I'm taking off next week and don't want to have anything hanging over my head. Plan to run around with my daughters and do some girl stuff (shopping, movies, pedi, etc) before the older one goes back to college on 1/1. Looking forward to some fun.

Have a great day.....will check back later!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #392
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rapunzel64
Stats: 174.8/171/135
WOE: My own version of LC
Start Date: 1/9/2012
I'm sure it's been discussed, but how are you all handling holiday "challenges?" I'm not officially starting back OP until the 26th, but in the meantime I am watching carbs and trying not to overindulge.

P.S. Hope you all saw my intro above.

Last edited by rapunzel64; 12-22-2011 at 08:54 AM..
rapunzel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #393
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post

Welcome, Rapunzel! Yeah, we're all just trying to find what works for us. It's not always pretty, but we just try to keep plugging along and cheering each other on. Glad you're along for the ride!
Thank you! Happy to be here, looking forward to the friendship & support!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
Hi everyone! Wow Shari I neglected to congratulate you on your FABULOUS loss!!!!! WOO HOO!!! And doing that during the holidays. PROVING we don't have to let the holiday season throw us off track.

Yam yam - here is my take on SFT for a day. I am normally a tracking member so I record everything. I of course could take a day (or week or month) off COMPLETELY from tracking and no points would be deducted from anything. Doesn't matter if that's for a day or a week or longer.

The benefit to me of doing SFT for a day is to have a different guide when I am not really able to fully track. Maybe I am not in a position to weigh and measure my food, so rather than try to guess, I just try to choose from the Power Foods list, and keep track as best I can everything that is not a power food. This makes my tracking job much easier. It also keeps my focus on power foods, which can really help get me through a short term situation (i.e. my family party last Sunday) without too much damage. E-tools fully supports that.

I did read that if you set up to use APs before WPs, it might not track correctly. This may or may not be true, or may be a problem that will be or was already fixed. Just to be on the safe side, when I used SFT for a day I also was set to use WP's first. Hope that helps! Tracking only non-power foods for a day was definitely easier in the setting I was in than trying to track everything, and also estimate portions for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel64 View Post
I'm sure it's been discussed, but how are you all handling holiday "challenges?" I'm not officially starting back OP until the 26th, but in the meantime I am watching carbs and trying not to overindulge.
Welcome rapunzel!!! What I am doing is planning (in writing and on e-tools) all of my meals the day before. I am also sketching out my dinner plans for a full week. I often make adjustments but that gives me an idea for grocery shopping, etc. Having a plan in place for every meal before the day even begins has been very helpful in helping me stay on track. (I have only had 1 off plan day since I started back on WW 11/28) I am also not eating ANY sugar (or artificial sweets) under any circumstances. I have found that for me, sweets don't just derail me for one day, they can derail me for weeks and months battling the craving monster. So I'm not going there.

I am planning my meals each day around 29 DPs. I have been working my a$$ off to collect as many APs as possible but not using them or WPs in my daily plan. (my 1 off plan day was of course, a wild exception. And I will also say it was NOT worth it!)

Those are the major things I'm doing right now that seem to be working! I will have to be prepared to adjust if it stops working!

Todays meal plan:

B: 1/2 c Uncle Sams original, HB Egg, Frigo lite cheese, 1/2 almond milk, banana
L: WW Chilli, carrots and celery and FF dip, orange
S: Frigo lite cheese, Apple
D: Steak, broccoli, 4 oz sweet potato

there are also a few teaspoons of EVCO mixed in there.

Went for a LOOOONG power walk today. I'm already over 18,000 steps so it will be a big point getting day on the pedometer!

Have a great day one and all! Come new years, I won't remember what I ate on Christmas day. But I will sure know whether my pants are too tight.

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #395
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Welcome rapunzel!!! What I am doing is planning (in writing and on e-tools) all of my meals the day before. I am also sketching out my dinner plans for a full week. I often make adjustments but that gives me an idea for grocery shopping, etc. Having a plan in place for every meal before the day even begins has been very helpful in helping me stay on track. (I have only had 1 off plan day since I started back on WW 11/28) I am also not eating ANY sugar (or artificial sweets) under any circumstances. I have found that for me, sweets don't just derail me for one day, they can derail me for weeks and months battling the craving monster. So I'm not going there.

Have a great day one and all! Come new years, I won't remember what I ate on Christmas day. But I will sure know whether my pants are too tight.

DG
Thank you! Wow, staying OP for all of that time, wtg!! I wish I could say the same but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. My family celebrates Solstice (as well as Christmas) so tonight we're having a family dinner. We always have "noshy" things such as shrimp, cheese & crackers, etc. Well, since I don't want to overload on the carbs, I'm ordering grilled chicken wings from a local restaurant, will focus on those and the veggie platter. I know they're still high in fat & calories but at least it's better than gorging on fried foods, chips & dip!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

rapunzel, definitely don't beat yourself up for anything. You are here looking for feedback to get going on your plan soon, right? (aka not TODAY!)

That's sort of where I was over Thanksgiving. I knew I needed to get things turned around, but to "start" the day before thanksgiving would have been a bit much. I got back on track 11/28 so now that it's Christmas, I am just not willing to backslide from where I am now.

Just wait - you will probably be saying the same things come Valentines Day!!!!! Sounds like you are being mindful if not fully on plan. That is better than just throwing in the towel! (ask me how I know that!!!)

DG
Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #397
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
DG: Thanks. I think I understand. I'll have to read over your post again when there is less noise around me. Right now my house is crazy! lol. But I love it. Let the celebrations begin!

Do you recommend that if I do SFT for one day, say Wednesday, that I change the on line tracker to SFT Wednesday morning and then switch it back on Thursday morning?

I think focusing on power foods is a great idea. I love it when I see little green triangles beside almost all of my food even when I'm tracking points plus. I know I'm making healthy choices.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all!

Yam-yam - that's what I did last Sunday - changed it to SFT in the AM and then changed it back to regular tracking the next morning. Seemed to work OK.

I am going to update my weight in my profile here at LCF according to my weight on the scale at home. At WW, I update it according to my WI which of course is always a few pounds more. I am back to 160 on my home scale today - oh so close to that new decade. I am determined not to take a big back slide this weekend.

B: Egg/EW/Veg omlette with FF cheese, 2 thin slices bacon, mixed fruit, EVCO
L: Chicken thigh in italian sauce on spaghetti squash, broccoli, pear
S: 1 oz raw milk cheese, apple
D: Pork chop, oven roasted cauliflower

That is my 29 point plan. I am also planning a big power walk again today. I may be able to totally make up the points from last Sunday.

Have a great day everyone!

DG
Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #399
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
rapunzel, definitely don't beat yourself up for anything. You are here looking for feedback to get going on your plan soon, right? (aka not TODAY!)

DG
Exactly! I'm doing some research on this Paleo/Primal Blueprint Diet, has anyone heard of it? Basically LC but a bit healthier than Atkins style.

Bottom line: If I avoid the "white stuff," I lose weight. Period.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Welcome Rapunzel and YumYum, and any one else, this thread is really moving quickly while I seem to be busier than ever with last minute holiday stuff.

Doggy, I like the option of SFT, I think it gives yet another tool, and is really LC friendly. I will use it Christmas Eve, and maybe Boxing Day too.

My take on the off plan days. . .if ya can't get back on plan during weight loss, then ya will never be able to maintain, so I think it is a Learning tool essential for success for the long haul. So the off plan days are really part of the process. Especially if you are a "all or nothing" kind of person as I tend to be. My 2 cents.

Well,back to the frazzle of my preparations.
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, I have some lovely WW veggie soup on the stove. . .

I threw the turkey carcass into the crock, covered it with water and apple cider vinegar, 2 T. And made lovely broth, refrigerated to get the fat off. . .and did the same thing with the ham bone. . .

That is the basis, and now I am adding my favorite veggies. . .peppers, onion, cabbage, turnips with greens, green beans, tomatoes, pumpkin. . .plus Italian spices. . .

The soup, and it's variations are how I stay OP. I can add protein for a meal, or use it for my veggies. If I'm starved, it's there.

I will put it into freezer containers, and freeze what I can't use in 4 or so days.

Works for me.

Janie
Old 12-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: amadeus4313
Stats: 244/218/144 74 more to go
WOE: One Day At A Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
Haven't been able to check in much lately as my DH is in the hospital. Yesterday was a little carby because I had to eat from vending machines while we were in ER. Didn't get all my pts was probably the reason my weight was good this am. Didn't get home until around 1 am. He has to have a filter put in because he is throwing clots in his lungs. Hoping to get it in Thursaday and be back home Friday or at least by Christmas. Since he has been admitted, I am able to eat most meals at home so I'm trying to stay within my pts and eat as healthy as possible although I'm not getting all of them in..
Sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he recuperates quickly. Please keep us posted...
Hugs,
Mary
amadeus4313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #403
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the clarification, DG. I'm definitely going to try it one of these days.

Mag: I like how you put it that it's another "tool" in our arsenal! Cool! So is LC and any other tweak we need. For me, getting in the GHGs is crucial for feeling good and losing steadily.

I love the veggie soup. I've never boiled the turkey bones with ACV though. How much do you put in? I'm asking because I roasted a big turkey breast the other day and have the carcass. I want to do what you did! I love ACV and just bought another huge jar of it.

Today was official WW WI for me. Down another -.2 this week! Losing anything at all during the holidays is a good thing for me! I'll take it!

Have a great day, All!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ncgirl37
Stats: 192/171.4/140 5'7
Start Date: 3/19/14
Just wanted to say hey and that I am doing WW as well trying to keep it on the lower carb scale. I had tried WW last summer but only kept with it about a month. I ate way too many carbs and just was not mentally committed to the plan. I started back up with it online about two weeks ago and have lost four pounds so far. Due to doctor's orders, I have to lose weight for my blood pressure and so am very committed this time. Good thread!
Erin
ncgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Welcome Erin, good for you if you get some time could you please post a day or two menus, I am struggling to keep carbs down and have been off plan for a little over a week, have stayed the same so far but after this week????

I have been thinking that maybe for me I need to do induction and then slowly start adding fruit and a few more carbs to really get WW lc for me. What level of carbs do you try and stay around? I am not sure I am ready for simply filling, but that may be better for me, will look at the power foods list again.
Happy holiday to all and enjoy the time with your families.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #406
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YamYam, I put about 2 tablespoons full of apple cider vinegar for my large crock pot. It helps get the minerals out of the bones, I heard.

HTH

Patty, hoping all is well with your DH.

Merry Christmas , everyone!

Janie
Old 12-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #407
Senior LCF Member

OK, one of the mailboxes is done, here ya go. It's the first Palm tree/beach one with the birds on it.

PictureTrail: Online Photo Sharing, Social Network, Image Hosting, Online Photo Albums

Last edited by Dee744; 12-24-2011 at 12:55 PM..
Old 12-24-2011, 12:59 PM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

Janie: Thanks! I did not know that.

Erin: Welcome. I'm new to this thread and everyone is so helpful. It's a good place for us WW-LCers to hang out.

My -.2 yesterday brought me to a new low. This is the lowest I have been since December of 2005. I think I'm in better shape this time because of working out with a personal trainer. This is the first time in years that I really believe I'm going to go the distance, reach my goal and even go under my goal in 2012.

I did all my last minute grocery shopping yesterday. Got a great looking ham and this afternoon I'll be baking pies and doing lots of kitchen prep work.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas Eve surrounded by loved ones.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Dee: That's just beautiful! You are very talented!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #410
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Holidays everyone!

I am cooking lunch today for the family. That is actually good - I have control over the menu. There are a few non-plan friendly things, but practically everything IS plan friendly and I have a good plan to stay at 29 points today.

For two days in a row now I have been under 160 at home. YEAH!!! I don't want to blow that if I can help it. haven't decided for sure when/where I will weigh in this week as I usually do it Sunday mornings.

Mr. Doggy got me a Pandora bracelet for Christmas which is exactly what I wanted. I will focus on that instead of cookies! (of which there are none, and won't be any unless a family member brings in some contraband LOL)

Wishing everyone a happy day.

DG
Old 12-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday however you celebrate. Going to a brunch today and dinner with friends tonight and the foodathon will hopefully be over. Enjoy you day with family and friends and stay safe out there.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: amadeus4313
Stats: 244/218/144 74 more to go
WOE: One Day At A Time
Hope you all have a wonderful day filled with love and family!!
Hugs,
Mary
amadeus4313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/170/130 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Merry Christams late everybody. Hope you all had a great time and enjoyed yourselves. I did Well back on track this am and excited about it.......I think I will start with Eggs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #414
Junior LCF Member

Good morning! Happy Day-after-Christmas, aka Boxing Day. I'm not waiting til the new year to get back on track, starting fresh today!
Old 12-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and Merry Christmas if you celebrate that.

I normally WI at a Sunday meeting but of course they were closed yesterday. I went to a Monday morning meeting and am SO glad I did for a couple of reasons. First off, I am -3.4 on my WI this week!!!!!! This means I have lost over 7 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Having a written plan every day and sticking to it is really paying dividends.

I also ran into some old pals from a meeting I used to attend quite some time ago. The old leader from that meeting is now leading this Monday meeting, and a lot of people followed her. (she's really good, and has been there and at goal for 12 years) There were a few people AT GOAL who were still working on it last I saw them. WOW - what an inspiration! There were also a number of lifetime members there who have been at goal and maintaining for years. I have lost weight again and again but have never been successful at maintenance for much more than a year. So....these women are definitely my idols!

I came home from this meeting with extra motivation. The weather was gorgeous today - sunny and 35 - 40 degrees while I was out for my power walk. That made it easy to go further than planned. I am over 20,000 steps for the day. I love starting out the week on a positive note!

Here is a summary of what I am doing that is working:

1. I will be writing (and e-tooling) my plan for tomorrow before I go to bed tonight.
2. I stayed at 29 points per day (did not drop to 26) but I do not use WP's or APs right now.
3. I eat what I plan.
4. I do not eat 3 hours before bed.
5. ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR! Sugar does not work for me. Artificially sweetened things are very few and far between, and never desserts.

That's pretty much it. I get in a lot of activity and I'm sure that helps. What I like about having my plan in hand is that if I get hungry, but it's only an hour until a meal or snack, I am learning to accept that slight hunger is not an emergency. At least it's not for an hour or two. I always know exactly what the next meal will be and when it's coming.

I am figuring out that I do really well with structure, and things fall apart very quickly without structure. I'm trying to embrace it and use it to my advantage instead of fighting it LOL!

Hope everyone is having a great boxing day!

DG

Last edited by Doggygirl; 12-26-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Old 12-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Had a bad day yesterday I worked and when I work I am at a patients home for 12+ hours. The son brings in 3 bags of chocolates for the staff all first class stuff, of course I ate way too many and have been eating lots of fruit the last few days.

Do any of you get canker sores in your mouth from too much sugar or is it a vitamin deficiency? I got them when I started WW and now have them again. Yesterday was WI but had to work so today 161.5 up half a pound this week not bad for being off plan and eating tons of junk.

Do you guys think if might be a good idea to do an induction and slowly build carbs or just restart WW on the first? Can you tell I am struggling, need advice fire away with your thoughts.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dee. I'm so sorry to hear you are struggling. That is so hard - I know. I don't really have any ideas on the canker sores. I get one every great once in a while, but not that often and have never bothered to "connect the dots" on what might be the cause.

As far as getting back on track, what I did was try to think back honestly about my ups and downs over the last couple of years, and think about what seemed to take me off the rails, and when seemed to help me get back on track. For me, sugar is SUCH a culprit! Each and every time I let a small bit of sugar back into my picture, it isn't long before things are getting crazy again. Do you have any triggers like that contributing to your struggles?

For me, induction style eating really doesn't work any more. Not sure why. I seem to always be jonesing for more food if I take my carbs down that low. I also really don't lose without being ultra careful about portions (combining with WW would of course take care of that part). Has induction suited you really well in the recent past? If so then it's probably worth a try!

For me, I got into the crackers last night. Not sure why. Self sabbotage perhaps after such a successful week? Used a lot of my WP's on.....PASTE! Ugh. I am on plan today and it's going to stay that way. I hope to just do my 29 points per day the rest of the week. Should be doable - no special events or anything. I'm going to take a post-holiday pass through my cupboards and get rid of any foods useless to DH and/or I. (some of his treats I have to live with - but crackers are not one of them!!)

My menu today:

B: Egg/EW/Veg scramble, 2 bacon, mixed fruit, EVCO
L: Pork roast, oven roasted roots, spinach salad, green beans, grapes
S: Frigo string, apple
D: WW Chilli, carrots/celery/ LF dip, EVCO

Hope everyone is having a good day!

DG
Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/170/130 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all, back on track and feel good about it

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 egg, cheese,salsa 7pts 2carbs
L - diced chicken,bacon,cheese,ranch 8pts 7carbs
D - ham 5pts 0carbs
D - cauliflower & broccoli gratin 8pts 8carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
S - 1/4 cup peanuts 4pts 3carbs

Total = 34pts, 22carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #419
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

For me, I got into the crackers last night. Not sure why. Self sabbotage perhaps after such a successful week? Used a lot of my WP's on.....PASTE! Ugh. I am on plan today and it's going to stay that way. I hope to just do my 29 points per day the rest of the week. Should be doable - no special events or anything. I'm going to take a post-holiday pass through my cupboards and get rid of any foods useless to DH and/or I. (some of his treats I have to live with - but crackers are not one of them!!)

DG
My sweetie loves cheese & crackers as well, so they are always in the house. Cheese is a huge weakness of mine..groan..I found myself digging into them last night as well. *sigh*
Old 12-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Friends,

Our celebrations continue here as the DGKs have the entire week off from school. I'm trying to spend every possible minute with them.

Must confess I was in control until Christmas Day. The food and treats were just too darn good and I got off track.

I'm OP so far today and that is the first day since Sunday. Now I need to start re-creating my good habits and try to have a decent Weigh In on Friday. Last Friday I saw the lowest number I've seen in a long time. Don't think it's going to be so pretty this coming Friday.

The thing I love about WW is that there is a structure waiting to welcome me back in. The On line tracker is there for me to run back to, even though I've been ignoring it!

Time for me to hard boil some eggs, buy some Greek Yogurt and cottage cheese and up my protein to get rid of these darn carb cravings! Can't throw out all the chocolate and goodies until after New Year's celebrations are over. I hope they stop calling my name!