Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Oops, ment to add to the recipe a little mustard. I like spicy deli mustard or Dijon. You don't have to add it and I don't always, just makes it a nice flavor

I try in the menus to make things simple and natural foods. I sort of feel like I am training myself like a baby. Routine, routine, routine.......

B - 2 eggs, cheese (or some variation of 2 eggs)
L - chicken salad 80% of the time or cheeseburger or dice chicken over salad ranch
D - this changes daily

If I know what B & L are and points/carbs I can figure out dinner. I guess it just is easier for me.
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Oops, ment to add to the recipe a little mustard. I like spicy deli mustard or Dijon. You don't have to add it and I don't always, just makes it a nice flavor

I try in the menus to make things simple and natural foods. I sort of feel like I am training myself like a baby. Routine, routine, routine.......

B - 2 eggs, cheese (or some variation of 2 eggs)
L - chicken salad 80% of the time or cheeseburger or dice chicken over salad ranch
D - this changes daily

If I know what B & L are and points/carbs I can figure out dinner. I guess it just is easier for me.
Pam I also like to keep things simple. It is too easy to get more carbs/pts than I want when I try to get too creative. Just not ready to do that.
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:44 PM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Huckleberry. Glad to have you with us.

I think I will simply keep the WW/LC rather than try to combine it with CALP. It goes back to keeping things simple. I like having my fruit and even the WW frozen dinner for dinner and I like having them scattered throughout the day rather than have all carby foods like fruit and the WW dinner all at once. It just seemed to be too much food at one meal. Since I've been doing WW/LC even my meals seem to be more like snacks. Doing the WW/LC/CALP combing yesterday, I noticed that I felt swollen this morning which I don't do just doing the WW/Moderately LC. So I will stay with the original plan.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Ok all did ok over the weekend. Was giving my hubby a hard time though. He decided to go wild on me and ate 1/2 box of gingerbread men & women and have 2 bowls of ice cream with carmel on top Hum, it's hard when he doesn't even try, but I held my own and told him not to blow it. Hope everybody is doing well. Be strong this week for Christmas coming up.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Good morning all, hope everyone has all their Christmas shopping etc all done!

Pam ,my DH say's he wants to lose, but did the same thing as yours and derailing me too. That is why I just took a break. He left for work on Tues so I am just not an any plan still but just trying to watch what I eat. Did not lose or gain this week still 161 and holding.

So nice that new members are finding us welcome to any I might have missed, the more the merrier! Interesting that we are all following the same plan just a bit differently, nice to have a plan that you can do this with and still be a success. Good day everyone.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: amadeus4313
Stats: 244/221/144 77 more to go
WOE: One Day At A Time
Hi all, I've been following Weight Watchers since last may and have done pretty well, however, with the holidays, I've gone way too high on processed carbs. I'd love to join you all. The new WW plan is allowing us to choose our own point level for even more flexibility.
amadeus4313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Did well yesterday Hope I can keep it up for awhile to lose. Have a great day.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 egg, cheese, onion 7pts 3carbs
L - chciken salad 9pts 2carbs
D - zesty chicken 4pts 0carbs
D - spinach blue cheese salad w/vingairette 4pts 4carbs
S - 1/2 cup coffee,hwc,splenda 1pts 1carbs

Total = 27pts, 12carbs
Old 12-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

, jump right in the waters fine. Yeah, love the points plan and the flexibility of it. I just am on my own over the next couple of weeks and will start again new years with whatever I have to start with. Diet fatigue has set in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadeus4313 View Post
Hi all, I've been following Weight Watchers since last may and have done pretty well, however, with the holidays, I've gone way too high on processed carbs. I'd love to join you all. The new WW plan is allowing us to choose our own point level for even more flexibility.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Another 2lbs gone at weekly weigh in. I tried the Simply Filling plan yesterday. It may be more conducive to lc, you use the Weekly Pts and Activitiy Pts for tHings like cheese and fat. After the holidays I might give more than a day a try.

janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #370
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Welcome, Amadeus!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
More new folks! Yay! Welcome, LBertas, Huckleberry and Amadeus! Glad to have you aboard! We're all working and tweaking the plan to see what works for us.

I did a bit of a no-no this morning and weighed myself at home. Interestingly, I was down to a new low (for this WW round) according to my scale. But as the day has gone on, I'm feeling kind of puffy or something. Of course--weigh in is tomorrow. My "low"-feeling days always tend to be any day except weigh-in day. Sheesh. BUT...I'll still show up and see what happens. I really need to be finishing up my Christmas shopping, but if I miss my meeting, no telling what'll happen!

Had a weird food weekend. For some reason, I plowed right through my extra 49 points and even went a couple over. I've never done that before, but I felt really hungry. Maybe it's stress knowing I still have so much holiday stuff to deal with (not to mention the family drama unfolding on DH's side--ugh).

Well, a whole new WW week starts tomorrow. I'm READY!!!

PAM...........Did your oven get fixed?? I hope so!!

Will check back in after my meeting tomorrow...

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Hi yuuz guys!

I'm bouncing around on the LC threads looking for motivation and for others who, like me, have a hybrid, customized WOE.

LC has always worked best for me when I can stick to it but I'm also a WW fan.

I joined WW on line only this year and love Points Plus. However, I started out eating fruits and grains and did not lose an ounce for several weeks just hoping maybe it would work. I started tweaking and stopped eating grains and fruits and limited vegetables to only non-starchy, mostly greens, raw whenever possible.

I actually did this after reading Dr. Dukan's book. He really motivated me. So far I'm down 30 pounds. When I tried to share on the WW message boards about how I was still tracking every day and getting in the GHGs (Dukan says fat free dairy, especially lactose free is acceptable on LC diets) I got blasted.

The WW Kool-Aid drinkers accused me of not really doing WW and if I was not going to do it to go somewhere else.

I love WW P+ and have no intention of stopping. The on line tracker rocks and I believe it's helping me stay healthy and accountable. When I eat fat free dairy I actually lose better. My body fat % is steadily going down and muscle mass it going up. Inches going down! I went from a size 18 jeans to a size 12 in less that 16 weeks.

Can I hang out here occasionally?

I used to think that the more I read about different WOEs the more confused I would get. Not so these days! The more I learn, the more I can see what really, seriously works and why it works.

I recently saw Chris Powell on Dr. Oz's show (that's where I heard about Dukan as well). So, I just ordered his book which will be released on Dec. 27th. Cannot WAIT to read it. He does carb cycling and his clients have had stunning results.

His carb cycling is almost identical to Dukan's Cruise diet where you eat pure protein and ff dairy one day and then non-starchy veggies added in to the pure protein the next, alternating until you reach your goal weight.

Anyway, sorry I'm blabbing too much. Just soooooooo excited to see all you WW lovers who know LC , high protein works!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #373
Senior LCF Member

Haven't been able to check in much lately as my DH is in the hospital. Yesterday was a little carby because I had to eat from vending machines while we were in ER. Didn't get all my pts was probably the reason my weight was good this am. Didn't get home until around 1 am. He has to have a filter put in because he is throwing clots in his lungs. Hoping to get it in Thursaday and be back home Friday or at least by Christmas. Since he has been admitted, I am able to eat most meals at home so I'm trying to stay within my pts and eat as healthy as possible although I'm not getting all of them in.

to all the newbies. Look forward to getting to know y'all.

I hope to be back here more often as soon as DH gets back home.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:14 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

Patty, I will be praying for him and you

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 egg, cheese, onion 7pts 3carbs
L - diced chicken bacon salad,cheese,ranch 7pts 5carbs
D - 1 piece chicken parm (did have homemade breading but not much)6pts 8carbs
D - spinach salad,blue cheese,walnuts,vinaigrette 3pts 5carbs

Hanging in there
Old 12-21-2011, 04:17 AM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

The oven, Well the repair guy comes this am again. We will see......
Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Yam-Yam, yeah they can be a little snarky over there! I don't mention what I am doing just read and contribute when I can. Glad you found us.

Pattygirl, so sorry to hear about your DH, I hope he is ok and the surgery goes fine and is home for Christmas.

I was the chaperone for 2 teenage girls for their McDonalds Christmas/bowling party last night. Needless to say I am sore from head to toe, (god am I out of shape,bowled 3 games) and ate way too much pizza. I got canceled for work today and was actually happy, got to go my chiropractor, so I can function. And no I did not even try to figure the points for this!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to have you with us, yam-yam!

Pam--good luck with the oven. Hoping things work out well!

Patty! OMGoodness! So sorry to hear about your DH! Will definitely pray for him--and for you. Sounds so scary, but at least he's getting some help for the issue (which sounds like a pretty big one). Good luck, friend.

I was ready to smack my DH last night. He decided YESTERDAY that we just HAD to send out Christmas cards and a letter. So I spent my lunch hour gathering it all up. Got cards made at Walgreen's, printed the letters, got it all assembled, stamped and ready to go. Took my entire evening. Then when he got home, he didn't like them. Wrong photo (he never specified). Weird design (he thought). Didn't use fancy REAL stationery for the letters (just added some Christmas clip art & printed on our inkjet). He finally stopped whining about it, and I told him that next year, that job is ALL HIS!! Sheesh. What a Grinch! Add to that his family and their constant drama-fest that's boiling (happens every holiday), and I'm ready to just pull up the covers and stay home for the holiday. He's normally never that gripey, but he sure was last night. In some ways, he can't help it. His family reacts that way to everything--totally negative, judgmental, constantly belittling each other, whiney, gripey people. I just wish we could get him to get further away from "the dark side" and how they are. But he lived with people like that his whole life. Some things are hard to change.

On the bright side, normally something like that would send me running for a bag of potato chips or cookies. But it just sort of turned my stomach, and I ended up not eating anything.

BBL
Old 12-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #378
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the welcomes, Everyone!

Patty: So sorry your DH is having medical problems. I'll keep him and you in my thoughts and prayers.

Shari: I've made it clear to my DH that I don't want to be drawn into his drama. He is sweet, but he has a tendency to wait 'til the last minute to do things. Then he can't find this or that and he tries to put me in a panic to help him out. Several years ago he took over the Christmas card project. I had printed out labels and he thought they all should be hand addressed.

Now, he composes and types the letter on his lap top. I edit, add a few things, stick a family photo in and print it out on my printer. The rest is up to him! Takes me all of 20 minutes.

Dee: You are so right about snarky WW posters. Geez. I always figure if you don't have constructive comments, then be quiet. But there are lots of great and encouraging folks as well. I get a lot of good ideas and encouragement there.

Sorry you are sore from the bowling. Yikes! Take a hot bath with Epsom salts. I got the best stuff from CVS. It's "Muscle Relief and Restore" bath salts and has Eucalyptus in it. Works great!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

Yippy!!!!!! My oven is fixed....Christmas is on
Old 12-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #380
Senior LCF Member

Went to the Chiro and took some naproxin when I got home, they are so amazing what good they do. All is good now.
Now to finish the one mail box, I decided ours can wait since dh is out of town he will never know!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

YAY, Pam!!! Nothing worse than having no oven with a holiday coming. I remember one Thanksgiving when my microwave died. Funny how much harder everything seemed at the time. I mean, really, even just boiling water was a huge hassle. (roll eyes here) Glad you got it fixed.

Yam-yam, I just noticed your post about other WW boards being snarky. That really burns me up. Chances are, if you actually saw what some of them were eating, you'd be shocked. Some people just love to act like they're the food police. Sheesh.

And good plan on the Christmas cards. Next year, I'll be ready for him.

Well...........drumroll..............I lost 4.4 pounds this week!!! OMG!! How on earth it happened, I'll never know, but I will TAKE it!! I was even OVER on my extra points allowance. But that makes 21.6 since mid-Sept. I'm sure some died-in-the-wool low-carbers would say I could've doubled that doing strict LC, but I also know I could never have stuck with just LC that whole time. WW has been flexible enough to let me eat french fries or cookies and not blow it all.

So, for probably the first time in forever, I actually met a goal (20 off by Christmas). Seriously, 30 years of dieting off and on, and I can't EVER remember actually setting and meeting a goal. I alway fell off the wagon at some point or just gave up. A bit afraid to do it, but I'm tempted to do it again--20 more off by our vacation in late June. We're going to the beach for a few days, and I'll still pretty much look like a walrus, but it'll be a sight better with 40 lbs gone than it would've been with those pounds still hanging on. That gives me six months to lose 20. It should be doable...I hope! Maybe I'll make a sign and put on the fridge door...or post pix of the beach to remind me.

Yippee! What a great early Christmas gift!! What great motivation to back away from the dessert table this weekend.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi everyone and welcome Amadeus and Yamyam and anyone else who is new that I might not have said hello to! And hello all you regulars!

I was -2.2 a week ago Sunday and then -1.4 this past Sunday. So it works when I work it!

Sunday was the family party and I did achieve my most important goal, which was NO SWEETS. Sweets set off crazy cravings that it can take days, weeks or months for me to get back in control. As it was I ate too much, but it was of non-sweets (mainly cheese LOL) and was right back on plan Monday. I won't be able to weigh in Sunday as they are closed, but hopefully on a Monday or Tuesday weigh in I will at least be even for the week. I will call that a success for Christmas week!

New years will not be an issue since DH and I stay home and low key. So no reason not to stay OP.

Took my first spinning class yesterday - holy moly that is a workout!!! And this was "Spinning Lite!" Can't imagine what the regular spinning classes are like! I may just go again next Tuesday.

Patty - I will say a prayer for your husband. I hope he is doing OK!

Pam I hope your oven is repairable!

Dee - did you get those mailboxes painted or are they still stalking you from the counter?

Yam yam, sorry you feel you were run off the WW community. There is SO much flexibility in the Points+ plan, IMO you can really make it whatever you want it to be! I found a Stricly On Plan group over there that is really helping me. I think one of the biggest misunderstandings is the "eat whole grains" part of the GHG. Discussed here last week, but there is NOT a requirement of eating X servings of whole grains. It's really a "if you are going to eat grains, make it whole grains" thing. That's why there are no check boxes. I wonder if a misunderstanding about that part of the plan contributed to the feedback you got??? Anyway, you are welcome here!

I am still sticking with 29 points a day. My plan is to NOT eat WPs / APs unless it's a really special occassion. Of course I ate all of 'em and then some at the Sunday party. Hopefully will not be doing that again any time soon!

Meal plan for today:

B: Egg/EW/Veg scramble, EVCO, Banana
L: Chicken Biryani from the Powerfoods Cookbook, vegs, EVCO, mixed fruit
S: 1 oz raw milk cheddar, apple
D: Chicken thighs, mushrooms, onions in pasta sauce over spaghetti squash, broccoli

Hope everyone is having a good day and not-too-crazy week before Christmas!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Yippy!!!!!! My oven is fixed....Christmas is on

YEAH!!!

Also, it was about a million years from when I started my last post until I finished it LOL!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:56 AM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Not doing the best I can. Mad at myself for eating candy. I don't usually do that so don't know why I am. Maybe need to analyze myselfOh well. Will enjoy Christmas but also wanting it over so I can start fresh. (I know I will get and eat my favorite chocolate covered cherries) Trying to be good today. The kids are now home on vacation, but hubby is still working. Today I will run and get the last food things for Christmas and tomorrow finalizing shopping. Then the fun begins
Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 AM   #385
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rapunzel64
Stats: 174.8/171/135
WOE: My own version of LC
Start Date: 1/9/2012
So Happy to Have Found This Post!

I have been bouncing back & forth between LC and WW for years now, found the best balance in 2004 when I eliminated all "white stuff" from my diet, focused on "real" food and still counting my POINTS. Alas, I gained it all back, tried another commercial diet last year, lost and gained..blah..blah..you know the story.

So, here I am again, doing some deep soul searching before starting yet another diet for the new year. It seems like you gals have it figured out, can I jump aboard?

rapunzel64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Shari, WTG girl 20 lbs gone Yes, in 6 months you should be able to do another 20,you did the last in 3!

Doggygirl, you are doing great as well, I would take it too!

Shari I said they can get snarkey, they are not always polite. I left WW due to Lyne some guy guru over there who did nothing but argue with me asking questions. Yes he has done it all and seen it all and his answers are the book. So I went back to LC. Decided to try WW again when I read your post that started this thread. I still stop by there everyday, just don't post much.

Got one mailbox done last night with the exception of the clear coats, which will start today, will try to post pics later this week.

Me, still off plan and yesterday junked my way through the day. If I can get through whatever I have going on and only gain a few lbs I will be a happy girl and get back with the plan first of the year.
Welcome to any new members I may have missed.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #387
Senior LCF Member

I quick check in. Waited all day yesterday to see stomach doctor. He came in last night and say Tony has IBS and lots of air in belly, but nothing life threatening. He did say that he has the same thing without the bloating. He did tell me that he begs people to take Metamucil because the fiber has helped him keep his under control. I read benefits of Metamucil and have decided that not only will he be using it, but I can use it and do LC. That was one of the problems I have when doing stricter LC.

He has surgery sometime this afternoon to put the mesh filter in place. He will have to continue the coumadin to prevent clots in legs and also they say that when a clot is filtered that little ones can go around in smaller viens so they feel since DH has no problems taking it that it is better for him to do so.

Got to get going so I can get back out to the hospital. Will check back in when I can. Getting lots of walking in which is helping as I've lost another lb. and fasting BS is in a fairly good range. But usually just do what I have to when home and fall in bed.

Have a good Thursday.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #388
Blabbermouth!!!

Shari: Wowzers! -4.4 in one week is absolutely amazing! WTG!!

DG: You are doing great too! The WW snarks did not run me off completely. lol. I have found several ongoing threads with very motivating people and I pretty much stay there. Interestingly, some of the worst snarks have not been around lately. I started to wonder if the monitors are beginning to zap extreme negative and judgemental posts.

Funny about things monitors will bump. I was curious about SFT and ask a question. Got lots of great detailed answers. Good thing I read it quickly. The whole thread got zapped. Someone mentioned on that thread that it might get zapped. Something about WW not wanting to give away free info to non paying members. However, as an on line paying member, I found that the materials do NOT give enough info about SFT.

With the new rules, you can switch to SFT one or more days a week and then go back to PP. One question I have is: Then, do those points get subtracted from your WPs?? And, I thought the point of SFT is that you don't have to track. In that case, you basically get a 'free" day and no points are deducted? Never did get that answered.

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 12-22-2011 at 07:32 AM..
Old 12-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

I started WW in February 2011. It took me 3 months to lose 10 pounds. Then we had a death in the family, a family reunion and a big wedding in the family. By the end of July I had gained the 10 pounds back. So, in August I started experimenting and combined LC w/ tracking on WW and read Dr. Dukan's book because I saw him on Dr. Oz show. Got lots of motivation and new ideas. Since August 1st I've lost 30 pounds. So, now I see that this is a good tweak for me. Kind of a hybrid.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #390
Blabbermouth!!!

DG: I thought that too about whole grains. It's not a WW requirement, but some posters seem to think it is.

Dee: Your stats look great! this WOE seems to be working well for all of you.

I was going to add about me that since I started working out hard with a personal trainer my scale has been stuck. I know I'm gaining muscle and losing fat. However, I want the numbers to go down on the scale. That's why I came back to the LCFs site. Need inspiration!

Had never, ever heard of JUDD before a few days ago. Here is what I'm thinking. I figured out that I can get in my GHGs for about 11 points. That's around 440 calories. I could try having down days and still get in GHGs.

Maybe it will drive me too crazy to try and do that much of a hybrid. Might try something weird just to shock my body and see a drop on the scale.