Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Yes, I am glad I decided early on to track cals,carbs and points, it does give you a lot of info to make decisions with. Agree in the on higher fat, since I grill most everything it is hard to get the olive oil in so far. Am going to lean more lc and see if that helps and started a new week today and went to the 26 points, so will see how it goes. Hubby goes back to work Fri, so after he leaves will get mailboxes done.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Dee, that sounds like a good plan. Tweak and see what happens.

I have yet to crack my books today. So easy to find something else to do!! I need to muster up the energy to push for a few more days to the semester end! I went for a walk about was planning to go about 6,000 steps (a 5K for me) but it was nice out (for winter) and I ended up going over 10,000 steps so around 5 miles. Between that and my regular daily activity, I should be around 20,000 steps today. I love when that happens! That will give me 10 APs.

We get a mixed quarter of grass fed beef from a local farmer every year. So I'm trying to use up the odds and ends in the freezer now. I made liver for lunch. I love it but DH hates it so I have to cook it when he's not watching LOL! Of course I love it the way my granny used to cook it - breaded and fried with onions! Today I used a recipe from Livestrong that involved no breading and no fat. I was skeptical, but it actually was very easy and very tasty! And I ate some of my beloved EVCO off the spoon to make up for the lack of fat! If there are any liver lovers on this thread who want this method of cooking it, let me know and I'll post it. What are the odds of two liver lovers in a group this size?????? (probably not very good LOL)

OK. I'm running out of excuses so I guess I'm going to have to study!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I had gained back 5 of the 10 lbs I had lost and I actually decided maybe I couldn't do WW and LC together. However, after counting only carbs for a few days, I am back to using WW with LC. I really like not counting most veggies and fruits. So I'm back OP.

Dee & DG - I know about that "hungry full" thing. That is a good name for it. Years ago when I was in Overeater's Annonymous, I stuck to the plan to the letter. I mean I would accidently put something in my mouth off plan and spit it out because I realized I couldn't have it on the LC plan. I remember one day in particular where I had just finished eating an OP lunch of baked chicken, a cup of green beans and a finger salad and I was starving. It stands out in my mind to this day because I remember actually scolding myself saying... "Patricia Ann, you couldn't possibly be hungry. You just ate a plate full of food". But I was extremely hungry. That was the days when they had the strict low carb plan kind of like Atkins, except they didn't know much about the importance of fats on lcarbing.

Dee - I wonder, are you getting enough fat in your plan? Just a suggestion as I've heard that the fats are what keeps us low carbers satisfied. On the other hand, it could be one of those times when you didn't eat what you really wanted. I know there are times when I make myself eat something because I think I should eat it instead of what I'm really hungry for and I find that I usually end up hungrier all day long and may end up eating lots of things I shouldn't be eating just because nothing I eat seems to satisfy me like what I really wanted would have. Just a thought.

Pam - Sorry the pizza didn't turn out like you thought it would. I couldn't eat the pepperoni as it is too salty for me, but it might be a good as cheese or veggie pizza without the pepperoni.

DG - Thanks for the info about the whole grains. Quite interesting. I can't eat a lot of grains. I know they are supposed to keep Fasting blood sugar readings low or balanced, but it doesn't work for me. I seem to be able to eat a small amount at times, but not much. And I handle some better than others. For example, oatmeal which is supposed to help keep sugars balanced causes mine to ski rocket. However, I can eat steel cut oats. When I showed the numbers to my doc, all he could say was "the numbers don't lie". Go figure. That's why I try to low carb, but I really don't want to do strict Atkins although I did improve all my blood work numbers when I did. I get so bored with it. I can eat some grains once in a while, but when I eat too many, I seem to be hungry all the time and end up craving more. Grains can become more like a trigger food for me.

I think I will be able to do much better when I get past the holidays. Grands get out for the holidays Friday and will be out for 2 weeks. I promised youngest DGD that we will do some baking. I can do without the cookies, but I promise you I will have a piece of pecan pie that I only make at Christmas time. Otherwise, I will be OP. Guess I will have to save my WP that week or get busy getting some AP to cover it. LOL If I can get through it without gaining, I think that would be a good thing.

We can get through this girls.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Dee, that sounds like a good plan. Tweak and see what happens.

I have yet to crack my books today. So easy to find something else to do!! I need to muster up the energy to push for a few more days to the semester end! I went for a walk about was planning to go about 6,000 steps (a 5K for me) but it was nice out (for winter) and I ended up going over 10,000 steps so around 5 miles. Between that and my regular daily activity, I should be around 20,000 steps today. I love when that happens! That will give me 10 APs.

We get a mixed quarter of grass fed beef from a local farmer every year. So I'm trying to use up the odds and ends in the freezer now. I made liver for lunch. I love it but DH hates it so I have to cook it when he's not watching LOL! Of course I love it the way my granny used to cook it - breaded and fried with onions! Today I used a recipe from Livestrong that involved no breading and no fat. I was skeptical, but it actually was very easy and very tasty! And I ate some of my beloved EVCO off the spoon to make up for the lack of fat! If there are any liver lovers on this thread who want this method of cooking it, let me know and I'll post it. What are the odds of two liver lovers in a group this size?????? (probably not very good LOL)

OK. I'm running out of excuses so I guess I'm going to have to study!

DG
Yep, there are 2 of us in this group. I also love liver... live it smothered in onions. I usually pan fry mine and add the onions and enough water to cook in the onion flavor. I have used Lipton's Onion Mushroom soup too. How did you cook yours? I'm blessed because DH likes it too.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Shock! There are 3 of us, cough up the recipe! Yes, it is not enough fat for me, today did things different more lc higher fat, much better. Full and still have 5 pts left.

Pattey, so sorry about the regain, I'm with ya, sucks huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattygirl View Post
Yep, there are 2 of us in this group. I also love liver... live it smothered in onions. I usually pan fry mine and add the onions and enough water to cook in the onion flavor. I have used Lipton's Onion Mushroom soup too. How did you cook yours? I'm blessed because DH likes it too.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

OK Patty! The Livestrong method for liver & onions:

Rinse liver in cold water
Cut liver into slices (I used kitchen shears and my slices were about 1 inch wide)
Put liver slices in cold, dry fry pan (water from the rinsing is fine)
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and/or other seasonings you like (I used some sage)
Add vegegables i.e. onions, if using them.
Cover the pan, and put it on the stove on a fairly high setting (I went with 8 out of 10 to start, then later turned it down a bit)
After a few minutes, turn the liver pieces.
Cook until your desired level of "done" (I turned my pieces a couple of times and my cooking time was probably about 10 minutes or less total)

Simple and good. I'm interested in hearing your method! Guess what is for lunch tomorrow! (leftovers)

Another culinary oddity today. I made beef stew in the crock pot with carrots, onions, rutebaga, tomatoes and mushrooms. DH tasted and said "I wonder what pineapple chunks would taste like in this?" So he added some and liked it. So I tried it and liked it. I put the rest of the pineapple chunks in the leftovers. We shall see if we still like it for dinner tomorrow!

Nighty night all!

DG
Old 12-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

I want to thank whoever started this thread. I am so glad that you thought of combining WW and LCarbing. I just got my incentive to keep at it. I am 1lb from being back down to my 10 lb loss, but greater than that my Fasting Blood Glucose reading is back down to 123 this morning. It was reading 143 when I was diagnosed back in July, 2010 and got it down to around 108 to 115 within 3 or 4 months. Then I went crazy and got off Atkins. It recently started reading in the 150s to 160s and I knew I had to find a way to get it back down, but I knew I could not and would not be able to do Atkins forever. So I knew I had to find another way. 2 days ago when I decided that I had to go back on LC but I was going to count calories. I hate counting calories, but my FGL was 155 so I was going to make myself do it. Then I started reading some diabetic sites and found that one person was eating one carb with each meal. And then read DG shared about WW view on grains even whole grains. So I decided to go ahead and do the WW/LC combo and here after 2 days doing this my FBG is back down to 123 this morning. Strange thing/confusing really is that when I went to the doc last time my numbers were running high in 140 to 160 daily, but my A1c was still 6.0 so the doc said he would trust the A1c and wasn't worried about my daily readings. However, I've read how dangerous it can be staying high so I refuse to just trust the A1c. Otherwise why stick my finger everday?

DG - I pretty much start out with the liver like you do just rinse it off real good and brown on both sides. Then I slice an onion in rings and put them on top of the liver and cover with enough water to cover the liver for a natural gravy which works better for lc. However, I like the flavor of the Liptons onion mushroom soup. I do everything as I do for strict lc, but I take a package of the soup and whisk it in about a cup of water and pour over the liver and onions and simmer until it blends well. I like too cook things that doesn't take me more than about 15 min to prepare. So this is one of those quick meals. In fact, just talking about this makes me hungry for liver. I will have to get some when I go to the store and cook it. Your beef stew sounds good. Never thought of pineapple in stew, but I like Pizza Huts Hawaiian pizza with pineapple so I bet it is good that way. I love rutabagas, but DH doesn't. In fact, not many veggies he does really like. Oh BTW you asked about the FBS being higher 2 hrs later than 1 hr. I have decided that our bodies do crazy things that we don't understand when it comes to blood sugar. I think I will try to remember to ask my doc about that when I go back in January to see what he says. Sorry I don't have an answer. It is like why is oatmeal good for balancing blood sugar for most people, but spikes mine to over 200? Just one of those things I guess.

Dee - I find that if I have a little more fat that I am better satisfied. Some diet I was on years ago my SIL was diabetic T1 and she told me she ate a lot of Healthy Choice tv dinners and she recommended that if I purchased it to always have at least 5 g of fat. I have to admit that I do like to use the healthier fats, but I don't really worry about whether it is good or bad. I asked my doc which was better since DH loves butter. He said it really didn't matter; the important thing was to use in moderation which ever I chose to use.

Pam - Hope all is going well with you today.

I am so thrilled to be a part of this group. Y'all have a great day!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:49 AM   #338
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Hi all,

Good so far today I know it's only 8:45am....he he he.....Garage door will be fixed today and oven Thursday (hopefully) Then Christmas and back to some normal life again. I hate that I want Christmas to be over to get back to normal, but way to busy around here. I am making so hard boiled eggs for snack and deviled egg, Yummy. I wish I liked liver, but no so you all enjoy it.... Off for now to put a chicken in the crock pot.

See ya all later.
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Know I've been AWOL here, but I've been trying to get Christmas gifts made, and seem to have glue or paint on my fingers all the time. Just washed up so I will say hi.

At my meeting today they were explaining how one can just eat power foods and use their weekly pts for anything not a power food. That may be an option for me on some days, since you can choose to do this a day at a time. Might make holidays easier, more lc, just counting pts. for things like cheese, etc.

I was down 4 lbs, good since I was up last week, that means I average losing over the two weeks! I think the culprit for the gain was the Aleeve (naproxen SODIUM, duh!) I took for my aches and pains.

I'll try to check back more, but right now I need to get back to my gift making, Christmas is coming quickly!

Janie

p.s. I'm making beads for jewelry out of beer caps hammered into ovals and papier mached together, then decorated with papers and paint, etc. I do count the hammering as exercise!!
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Quote:
I love liver this way but try using a bit of wine and less water. Yum
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:56 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,
Being good.....

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 2 eggs, cheese 7pts 2carbs
S - 1 egg 2pts 0.5carbs
L - deviled eggs 8pts 2carbs
D - chicken & salad 8pts 4carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 29 pts, 12.5 carbs
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

So glad you are being good, our Christmas party was yesterday morning did not do too bad there, then DH wanted to go out for Sushi and the rice kicked off a 3 fudge bar binge, counted the best I could and today is a new day. Hospice had no work for me today so just hanging out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Hi all,
Being good.....

Menu:
B - 2 eggs, cheese 7pts 2carbs
S - 1 egg 2pts 0.5carbs
L - deviled eggs 8pts 2carbs
D - chicken & salad 8pts 4carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 29 pts, 12.5 carbs
Old 12-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Looks like we are all doing pretty good. Dee It can count as some of your WP. I am happy to say that I've been OP for 3 days now and working on the 4th. Lost the other lb I needed to get back down to my 10 lb loss plus lost another one. Gives me the incentive I need to keep me OP with WW/LC.

Have a busy day today so will be short. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Patty - congrats on your progress with the weight loss and the BG readings! Having hope and optimism and a plan is a really good feeling, isn't it? I'm going to have to try your liver method. I too like Lipton onion soup!

Welcome Carrielyn - good to know another liver lover. Are you also doing WW?

Pam - I am ALWAYS glad when Christmas is over. I confess. I hear ya. What kind of crock pot chicken did you make?

Janie - congrats on your loss!!!! That sounds like interesting jewely. We want picture.

Dee - you are right that today is a new day. Are you mailboxes still staring at you?

I am still chugging along strictly on plan too. Today is day 17 of 100% compliance. Feels good. Sunday is the family party that will be challenging. I am taking power foods. I will do SFT that day and count 1 point per bite of anything not a power food. My goal will be to stick with power foods until I truly decide what would be great to have (that is not a sweet - I will not be eating ANY sweets). Then on a small plate I will put a few things. 1 point per bite. The end. Someone told me about a game called Quirkle (might not have spelled that right). I ordered it - hope it comes in time. I figured I would take a game that would be fun for kids of any age and hopefully get engaged in a fun game rather than just sitting around stuffing face with the rest of the family LOL!

Well, my last final is tomorrow morning so I better get back to the books. Hope everyone is having a great day!

DG
Old 12-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning,

Had a great WW day yesterday although not LC because I was able to stay OP as for as pts go. I think that is what is going to get me through the holidays without gaining. DH and I went out to Steak n Shake and I had burger and fries. I always drink lemon water w/Sweetner so always safe with drinks. Used the general counts in the dining out book and used higher #s and still ended up eating the 29 DP + 7 WP so I was really pleased with my WW plan. I do eat one WW dinner most days just to be sure I get portions right for evening meal as we have our main meal around 2 in the afternoon. I plan to save all my WP the week of Christmas for the foods I want to eat Christmas day. Also have our churches annual Christmas party Sunday and will use WP for that next week. That will work good for me since my WI and start of new week is Sunday.

DG - Good luck on your tests and your party.

Let's all have a great Thursday.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:14 AM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

That crock pot chicken was just a roaster chicken put in a crock pot and put on low to cook all day. I made chicken gravy and had cauliflower and salad for me and rice, potatoes and cheese bread for the kids. Never any left overs though. It just kills me how I can make a huge chicken or turkey and not have any leftovers I love leftovers

So was good yesterday. I know today will be tough though. My oven, hopefully, will be fixed so I can bake and cook for Christmas. I guess I am having hot dogs in the microwave for lunch. I don't have anything else in the house. Man I need to go shopping.

Menu:
B - 6 1/2halves deviled eggs 6pts 1.5pcarbs
L - chicken salad 7pts 2carbs
D - asian pork stir fry 5pts 5carbs
D - mock mash potatoes & side salad 6pts 8carbs
S - coffe,hwc,splenda 2pts, 2carbs

Total = 28pts, 20.5carbs
Old 12-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Morning all glad you are all doing well. I have gone into full diet rebellion mode. I do this about every 5th month with anything. So have decide to just not be on any plan for a week or so. Just can't count another thing right now but will try not to go crazy, just need a break. My last little break was in Oct and i was still lc, so for me I am long past time. But will keep checking in and weighing in just not counting anything.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Hi, everybody!!! I'm back!!! Took a couple days off work and came back to a crazy pile of stuff to catch up on. But things are starting to look up.

WOW!! I love how all of you are really working your plan to fit YOUR needs! Honestly, I think that's what has been my downfall in the past--I felt like it had to be all LC or all WW and nothing in between, and I failed over and over at them. This way is slower than strict LC, but I'm not having to cook separate food for my family, AND it's working! How cool is that!!?? And I agree--getting through the holidays will really help. We're having a catered Mexican luncheon tomorrow, and I went ahead and added up my (projected) PP values. Won't have much left for dinner tomorrow night, but at least I have extra points to play with to get me over the hump and through the weekend.

I was up 0.8 lb at weigh-in yesterday, but I felt like I'd gained 5, so I was happy with that. I didn't track very well while we were doing our musical at church, and we ate at odd times and ate meals that others fixed for us, so I guess I'm lucky it wasn't worse.

Our show went great. Had big crowds and people said they loved it. DH and I totally lost count of how much Advil we had to take to get through it (roll eyes), but we somehow survived. Lots of fun, but lots of hard work, and it totally monopolized our time for weeks. Our music ministers have said we're taking 2012 off, so that will be a nice break. It's a huge commitment for them, too.

We have SO much to do to get ready for Christmas now. It's making my head swim just thinking about it. Don't even have our tree up yet (stockings & afghans, YES, but only because it only took me 10 minutes to slap it all in place! ). But we're paring down our list and really only buying for kids this year, so it shouldn't be too bad. I just want my college girl at home and a chance to hang out, do some after-Christmas sale shopping and just be together. That's enough for me!

I'll try to come back and read everything I've missed later...had to just skim. But have a great day!!!! SO glad to be back here!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all,

Doing ok so far. Wanting to be really good before Christmas so I don't feel so bad on Christmas Figured out Christmas dinner and it sounds so good I want it now. I have lots of family coming and that's always fun. Hopefully my oven gets fixed by next Wednesday. The repair guy came, took the oven apart and had to order part. If and only if all the parts work I get an oven back otherwise I have to buy a new one. Wasn't expecting that expense now.

Christmas Eve:
Ham
Potato casserole
Mock mashed potatoes
Ceaser salad
Diced carrots
Hawaiian bread

Christmas brunch:
Ham & cheese quiche
Cinnimon rolls
Bacon & sausage
Breakfast potatoes
Fruit
Juice and coffee

Christmas:
Beef roast
Gravy
Au gratin potatoes/Au gratin cauliflower & broccoli casserole(Linda's)
Spinach salad w/ blue cheese, raosted walnuts, dried cranberries and a vinaigrette
Sugar free cranberry or red jello mold
Cranberry bread
Old 12-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Shari, the show sounds like it was a major success and you had a blast, tired I'm sure but oh what fun!

Pam, can I come for dinner? It looks wonderful. Hope the oven is back working fine for you. How do you make your chicken salad?

Yeah, Shari I think we are all tweaking the program for our use and now that I have 6 weeks of data I see I need to increase fat and reduce carbs. I have to sit down and work out some menus to achieve that more days of the week. But I do love the flexibility the plan has built into it. I have eaten more fruit in six weeks than I have in the last six years! But I will get it where I need it.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbertas
Stats: 260/204/165
Start Date: 2008
I would love to join this group, I have been a Weight Watcher for 7 years now but I am thinking I had been eating to many carbs yes I am within my points but not losing like I should be. I ned to lose 30 pounds then I will be at goal. I really plan on being there for my 62 birthday in July. I am now raising chickens to have the eggs for that reason and much tasiter than store bought ones.
Have a super day.
Lbertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

LBertas Look forward to getting to know you.

Dee744 I too am tweaking my plan. I read yesterday of someone on the Carbohydrate's Addicts thread who had heard of someone who stopped eating grains. She decided to experiment by taking grains out of her plan and started losing a little each day. When she introduced the grains back into her plan, she gained some back and bounced. After reading her story, I've decided to do an experiment of my on by combining our WW/LC idea with CAD and cut grains to the bare minimum. CAD worked very well for me in the past, but just haven't been able to do it again. I know I can't even come close to eating as many grains as most diets want us to eat. I will begin using CAD's Reward Meal for the minimum amount of grains if any, because I may find that I can't handle any at all. That is what I love about what we are learning here on this group. We can combine WW to whatever plan we end up having to follow. I believe this will bring success for us.

Pam Your Christmas plans sound really good. I already know that Christmas day will probably be an off day for me especially for the main meal and then I'll get back OP the following day. However I have not ruled out the fact that it may very well be possible for me to stay OP since I'm combining WW/LC/CAD. But at the moment I am planning for it to be an off day.

SHinOK - So glad your show was such a success.

DG - Hope all went well with the final and you are free to relax some.

Eating is going very well. Have a great week end.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #353

Stats: 165/160/120
WOE: WW + Low Carb
Start Date: December 7, 2011
Hi everyone!

This is exactly what I'm doing, WW plus low-carb. I lost a LOT of weight on Atkins and maintained really well for 3 years and then, well, gained most of it back. I started at 165, which is 15 pounds lower than when I first started Atkins back in 2007, so at least that's a plus. I've been on plan for about a week and a half, and lost 5 pounds my first week. Water weight, I'm sure, but I'll take it! I've been trying and trying and TRYING to get back on plan for the last year, and I feel like the accountability of WW is just what I need.

So far, so good! Glad to see others are doing the same thing!
huckleberryshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Huckleberry and Lbertas nice to have you join us . As you both can see we are all trying to find what works and is livable for life for us.

Have been op for 6 weeks lost about 5 overall and then up/down and finding myself having more hungry days and dry and brittle nails. So off plan until after Christmas and trying to figure out how to add more fat lower carbs and work within points. I like that Pam posts her day I hope more of us will, right now I am at a loss about how to do it, need to reread Pams posts.

If you are having hungry days, how did you solve it?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Patty Thank you for the Welcome, I don't really eat to many carbs maybe about 50 a day I think I should cut way back to maybe 20-30 and see what happens. I eat no white products and no sugar just truvia. I am going to try and get in maybe 84 ounces of water too. I am trying to make my biggest meal of the day in the morning and smallest at night. I have a few boxes of WW oatmeal, when they are gone no more for me, they have so many carbs and to much sugar in my opinion. that was my breakfast for today with low carb yogurt. lunch was a large salad lettuce, tomato, and bocca crumbles with a large glass of water, my snack was a protein bar. dinner will be yogurt with cinnnamon, and tuna fish with mayo I make it in a lettuce leaf as a sandwich.
I have tried so many programs in the past, they work for a while then nothing I have seen so many people that WW has worked for so I am going to give it my best shot and be a loser too, being in this group getting all the hints and tips I believe will work for me. It will take time but I know I will get this weight off.
Have a super day,
Alberta

Quote:
LBertas Look forward to getting to know you.

Dee744 I too am tweaking my plan. I read yesterday of someone on the Carbohydrate's Addicts thread who had heard of someone who stopped eating grains. She decided to experiment by taking grains out of her plan and started losing a little each day. When she introduced the grains back into her plan, she gained some back and bounced. After reading her story, I've decided to do an experiment of my on by combining our WW/LC idea with CAD and cut grains to the bare minimum. CAD worked very well for me in the past, but just haven't been able to do it again. I know I can't even come close to eating as many grains as most diets want us to eat. I will begin using CAD's Reward Meal for the minimum amount of grains if any, because I may find that I can't handle any at all. That is what I love about what we are learning here on this group. We can combine WW to whatever plan we end up having to follow. I believe this will bring success for us.

Eating is going very well. Have a great week end.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
Welcome Lbertas and Huckleberry, and welcome back from the stage and stardom, Shari.

Dee, sorry you are having hunger, you will find what works for you. I've been having fruit when hungry, but that may not work with your plan. Also a 6 oz container of Greek yogurt with berries.

And sometimes it isn't physical hunger, in my case, but something else. If I think about knowing the difference, sometimes I can get through a patch of danger.

I, too, have been at goal twice on LC. And I think portion size has to do with the regain. For me. At the end of the day, even if there is a bonus from LC, at the end of the day, it is calories in, calories burned.

WW showed me my portions were off.

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Dee Thank you for the Welcome, I will have to check out Pams posts also I need any help I can get to get this weight off.
Hope you have a super day!
Alberta

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee744 View Post
Welcome Huckleberry and Lbertas nice to have you join us . As you both can see we are all trying to find what works and is livable for life for us.

Have been op for 6 weeks lost about 5 overall and then up/down and finding myself having more hungry days and dry and brittle nails. So off plan until after Christmas and trying to figure out how to add more fat lower carbs and work within points. I like that Pam posts her day I hope more of us will, right now I am at a loss about how to do it, need to reread Pams posts.

If you are having hungry days, how did you solve it?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #358
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome LBertas and Huckleberry! Hello to all the regulars! Pam, I too would live to come to your house for Christmas weekend! What time should we be there? What can we bring?

Dee - since you asked about meal plans I am more than happy to post mine. I am having very good luck so far planning my meals the night before (and dinners planned for the whole week now). So easy enough to do.

As an aside, I had my 6-month doc check up today. She wants me to eat almonds regularly for the magnesium, and she LOVES coconut oil so I will continue that. Working in the points for almonds is a bit of a challenge, but I already know I am better off with fats than grains so I will deal with it!

Here is my plan for tomorrow. It's a 29 point plan the way the way my quantities will be:

B: Egg/EW/Veg scramble. 2 thin bacon. 1/2 grapefruit
L: 3 oz ham, kimchee, carrots / celery, 1 oz almonds, banana
S: 1 oz raw milk cheese, Apple
D: Beef stew

WI is Sunday. I think I've had a good week. We'll see!!!

DG
Old 12-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,
Wow thanks. I make my menu's to keep me in control, hope they help somebody. I don't always stick to it 100%, but for the most part I try.

Chicken salad:
0 carbs - 1 frozen chicken breat (from Costco bag) or left over chicken/turkey or whatever I have on hand. Cooked and diced.
1 carbs - 1 stalk cerely
1 carbs - 1 stalk green onion or 1-2 tbsp diced red or white onion
0 carbs - mayo

Total = 2 carbs

That's it. Love chicken salad. I swear I could live on it for lunch everyday
Shopping yesterday.

Menu:
B - 2 eggs, cheese 8pts 2carbs
D - Big cheeseburger No bunw/all the fixings 15pts 2carbs
S - wine (I think this is messing me up)

Total = 32pts, 18 carbs (I think with the wine)
Old 12-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Pam. I never think to make chicken salad. And I really love it! Love your simple recipe - I'm going to try to make that this week.

Planning out my meals in advance is absolutely important for me too Pam. If I just sort of count as I go, I really lose my way quickly.

I forgot to mention in my menus that I include 1 or 2 teaspoons of EVCO with every meal. So 2T per day is pretty typical. I will use less if there is more fat in my food, but generally it's 2T. FWIW...

Have a good day all! I have the family party to prep for today, and get through tomorrow. My plan is to do SFT, and then count 1 point for every bite of non-power foods. NO SWEETS. Sweets derail me for weeks and months. I also got a new game - Quirkle. I heard it was really fun for all ages. I hope I can get some kids interested in playing that game so I can avoid just sitting around with a plate in my hand all afternoon. I will be weighing it tomorrow morning before I go!

That's my plan....

DG