Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Morning all,

Well had a long walk again Sunday Got to look at all the Christmas stuff out. Very nice.

Daily weigh in:
Thursday, Dec 1 = 153 (tom)
Friday, Dec 2 = 153 (tom)
Saturday, Dec 3 = 152.5 (tom)
Sunday, Dec 4 = 152
Monday, Dec 5 = 151.5

So excited I am going down. Want to break into the 140's
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2011, 06:09 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
Well, I figured out how to get my exercises in. I decided that when I put the DGS down for his nap, I will do the Walk Away the Pounds. Then around 4 or 4:30 I will let DH and DGD watch the baby while I do 10 minutes on the stationary bike to get 30 min of exercise done, but I will work at doing it 4 days a week instead of 3. I do a lot of walking on Saturday when I do my shopping which is a day I set aside for "me" time. I always count this as exercise because I usually end up walking a good hour to hour and a half on Saturday. So maybe I can do the challenge with 5 days a week taking Sunday and one other day off during the week... probably Wednesday if that is acceptable.

Got my plan for today with food and exercise. Catch y'all later.

Janie Where in TX do you live? Are you from TX? I know a lot of people are moving there because the economy is better there. I was born and raised in Waco, but have lived in Dallas area, League City, and Gatesville to name a few. I met DH and married him and almost 9 yrs ago and moved to South FL. We moved to SC about 5 yrs ago. I love it here because it is more like home in TX with the four seasons that I really missed in FL.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Pam we must have been writing at the same time. You are shooting for 140s... oh bless the day when I can say that. My next goal is to get under 220. I think if I can get the exercise in it will help me. I will start that today.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
DG, way to go on the power walk!

Pam, you are doing so well. I know you are excited to see things working.

Patty, way to go on figuring out an exercise plan/goal. I will get mine more firmed up, but I definitely want to do that.

Patty, I live just a bit south of your League City, on Galveston Bay. I wasn't born in Tx, but moved there before my first birthday. Went to college for a while in Waco. Until I married. The economy is supposed to be better here, lots of people moving to the Houston area.

Everyone, have a great day!

Janie
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi all! Pam - will send you some vibes for the 140's!!!

Patty - good for you getting an exercise plan together. I think just raising awareness and trying to move more helps us become more fit!

Janie & Patty - I am from IL and live in IL now, but traveled around a lot over the years. I lived near Houston for a while many years ago (Sugarland or is it Sugar Land - can't remember now LOL!). HOT and HUMID summers are what I remember!

Went for a longer walk today than I planned. It's cloudy and chilly today around 35 degrees but wind chill around 30. That is perfect weather for a power walk! I planned on a route around 7,000 steps ( just over 5K for me) but ended up going 9100 steps so about 4.5 miles. I feel invigorated and now I'm going to get back to my homework!

Meals/plans for today:

B: Egg/Egg white/veggies scramble, EVCO, cutie (6)
L: Chicken/prune/olive concoction, green beans, cheese stick, grapes, EVCO (10)
D: Chilli, shredded cheese, salad, EVCO (13)

Have a good day all!

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all good day yesterday. Need to start wrapping gifts

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - 1 egg, cheese, salsa 5pts 2.5carbs
L - turkey salad 10pts 2carbs
D - taco salad 8pts 6carbs
S - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 27pts, 14.5 carbs

Daily weigh in:
Thursday, Dec 1 = 153 (tom)
Friday, Dec 2 = 153 (tom)
Saturday, Dec 3 = 152.5 (tom)
Sunday, Dec 4 = 152
Monday, Dec 5 = 151.5
Tuesday, Dec 6 = 152
Old 12-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
Pam, you are doing great! As are we all. You will make the 140's just keep doing what you are doing.
Glad everyone is thinking about or doing some kind of exercise. Mine has been mostly housework and running to the store type of stuff but it is a start.
I have been wrapping for a few days on and off to ship out the ones that have to go elsewhere. I have to paint 2 mailboxes for gifts and have not painted in a long time, I have them sanded, brushes and paint out, just can't seem to put brush to paint. They will get done, they sit on the counter and taunt me everyday!
Had a hungry day yesterday and got into 7 of my weeklies. Hope today will be better.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning all. Busy day today so a quick flyby for now. SIL is off today and I'm taking him to get the tags for his and DD vehicles. Then DH and I plan to go to Costco in Charlotte. Oldest GD is in a school play tonight so will be going to that too. So exercise today will be running here and there and walking around Costco. Looks like we are doing good and headed in the right direction. Low Carb seems to be the direction my body is going because it lowers the fasting blood sugar readings in the mornings and that is the real thing I'm working toward right now.

Y'all have a great day.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Wow, look what happens when I don't get to check in! Our little groups grows, and people get to moving AND losing! Yippee!!!

This week will be insane for me, so you may not see me again until Tuesday--unless I get to check in to report on weigh-in tomorrow. Have a TON of unexpected projects with tight deadlines, and this is the week of my church's musical (thurs-Sun nights), so I'm like a chicken with my head cut off. Sheesh. Things will improve--just at the right time to jump into the whole Christmas craziness, I guess. Better than being bored! AND, I feel like I've probably lost that 1.6 that I gained last week. Maybe more. So now I'm actually looking forward to weighing in tomorrow.

Re the lowered points online....I noticed when i logged to my food tracker yesterday, it gave me a pop-up notice that my PP values might change soon. I don't think anything changed yet (need to go look now), but I'm assuming something will be different by tomorrow when my new week starts.

Keep up the GREAT work, you all!!! You're all such an inspiration to me!!!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought I was doing everything right, but gained .6 this week. Maybe it's the Dreamfields pasta. Or the fact that I took a bad fall yesterday over my doggie, and I don't feel like moving, or my body is retaining around all my bruises, who knows? Just a minor blip, I hope.

I will leave my points at 26 and use my weeklies. . .

BBL, less sore I hope.

Janie
Old 12-07-2011, 03:53 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!

Janie I'm sorry to hear about your fall!!!! Are you OK? I think water retention and trauma to the body go together. I also retain water when I eat any sort of pasta / tortillas, etc. - low carb or not. I hope this is just a bruise and it heals soon!

Shari - your life sounds crazy!!! I hope you are able to actually enjoy it. (sometimes I really don't enjoy things that are too crazy, even though they should be fun!)

Patty - that is great news about the BG levels! I got a monitor recently just so I have the option of seeing what is really going on with my BG. Thankfully I don't have any obvious problems right now but diabetes runs in my family so anything I can do to keep it good is...good. Sounds like you are moving a LOT!

Pam do you want to wrap my gifts when you are done? There are only a few!! You will be 140's in no time.

Dee I wish I could paint things and do crafty sorts of things to make personalized gifts. It's like I have 10 thumbs. Cool that you are able to do that!

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. Long day at school with a quiz, then finished a final comprehensive project for another class when I got home. That project wasn't due until next Tuesday, but I have other finals to study for, etc. so was glad to just git 'er done and turn it in. It's a brave new world in college these days. There were no PCs when I went through the first time. (LOL my 1 and only computer programming class was done on punch cards! ) On-line class, all manner of internet research for things, etc. I prefer classroom classes to on-line for the benefit of teacher interaction. But the convenience of it is nice (for classes that are required but I don't care so much about). The internet is awesome for papers and projects.

Today is Day 10 on plan, tracking, and sugar/sweet free! I'm so excited about that. Sometimes I long for sweet stuff (but not so much in a cravey sort of way). I know where sweet stuff leads and I am just so much better off without it. So I'm not letting any sweets cross my lips today either - real or fake.

Plans:

B - Egg/EW scramble, bacon, veggies, EVCO, 1/2 grapefruit
L - Liver & onions, side veggie, fruit, EVCO
D - Sirloin, veggies, 1/2 c brown rice, EVCO

31/29 - 2 APs used.

Not sure what the veggies and fruit will be for L, D but have lots of good basic choices in the fridge. I find that planning my meals in e-tools the night before really gets me off to the right start for the day. In the past I have given thought to it, and as long as I had something thawed out for dinner I thought I was fine. But taking that extra step of putting it in the tracker on e-tools and working out the points and GHG in advance really helps.

Doing well this week with exercise too. Only did 9,000 on the pedometer yesterday (I shoot to be over 10,000) but I did a bodylastics (resistance band) workout and I wear the heart rate monitor (and not the pedometer) for that, and earned 2 points figuring 1 point per 80 cals burned. It feels good putting some APs in the bank.

Have a great day one and all! Thank you for having me here. I am enjoying getting to know you and also the accountability.

DG
Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 AM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DG, thanks, I am healing. I did wake up NOT looking for the bottle of Aleeve! And yesterday I did a lot of shopping at Macy's. Two stores! That counts for some exercise, right?

Decided to freeze my pasta, not eat it several meals in a row, and not before weekly weigh in!

BBL
Old 12-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Janie, sorry about the fall, I hope you are feeling better. The.6 is most likely a short blip, it will probably be gone next week. I don't think I will lose this week as I have been hungry all week, have to go lower carb I am pretty sure that is what is driving it.

Those damn mailboxes are still watching me, waiting. I can't figure out what to paint on them they both want tropical scenes and we live across the street from each other, so the need to be different.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
DG, thanks, I am healing. I did wake up NOT looking for the bottle of Aleeve! And yesterday I did a lot of shopping at Macy's. Two stores! That counts for some exercise, right?
I'm glad you feel better this morning!!! I think the OTC pain meds ala aleeve may cause water retention - another reason not to worry about the .6 if you were taking those yesterday! Shopping counts for exercise in my book! Another reason to my pedometer! (I think everyone should have one LOL)
Quote:
Decided to freeze my pasta, not eat it several meals in a row, and not before weekly weigh in!
I definitely can't handle that stuff multiple meals in a row. (your post reminded me of some pasta w/ sauce that is still in my freezer from a long time ago - probably needs to go in the trash!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee744 View Post
Those damn mailboxes are still watching me, waiting....
LOL I have a vision of mailboxes with actual eyeballs watching you from your counter....

DG
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Glad you're better today, Janie. Falls can be SO dangerous and take awhile to recuperate from.

Sounds like everybody's got a plan and is sticking to it. That's great!

Just got back from my meeting. I lost 2, so that's the 1.6 I gained last week plus .4 more. Total of 18 since mid-Sept. It's not fast, but I'm really starting to notice a difference in how my pants fit.

Re the new 2012 program....about the only big things I can see is:

> You can be flexible with your weekly target now, as long as you never go below 26 points/day. You can't change it day-to-day, but you can lower or raise it for a week at a time to accommodate holidays or vacations or jump-start loss or whatever. For me, I'd probably leave my target where it was and just not use any of my 49 extra points. I use almost ALL of them now!!

> There's more info on the "simply filling" plan which, I believe, is similar to the Core plan they had a while back. Too low-fat for me, but some people might like it.

> They also want you to set an activity points goal for the week. They want people to get moving.

Of course, they handed out a LOT of stuff, and I haven't read it all, but these were the things that looked like they changed the most to me. Just thought I'd pass it on to my LC peeps!!

Have a great day. Dress rehearsal tonight, and four nights of performances to follow!!! It's a Broadway-style musical version of "It's A Wonderful Life," written by a friend of mine, and it will definitely get people in the holiday spirit. Lots of fun, but man, oh man, are my old knees and hips yelling at me..........If we didn't already have a couple thousand tickets sold, I just might yell "Uncle!" and run!!! Ha!!

Last edited by SHinOK; 12-07-2011 at 11:05 AM..
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Shari - I didn't realize you were talking about such a big production earlier! Wow - how cool is that!!! Good luck with dress rehearsal!

Have you updated yourself in e-tools since the changes? I have a question about the AP goal. The e-tools asked me to declare an AP goal when I first went into it after the system change. But now, nowhere do I see that goal! I'm probably just not looking in the right place????? Let me know if you (or any of you other folks here) know where that is visible on a daily basis...

LOOOOONG walk today. It's about 30 degrees and sunny - I like walking in crisp weather like that. Didn't plan on such a long one but ended up going over 10,000 steps which is probably about 5 miles. Feels good!

DG
Old 12-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Shari, when you get the chance to read it all please update on anything we missed. Have a ton of fun on the show it sounds like it will be, or you will be crippled!

Yes, the mailboxes do have eyes, they taunt me every time I walk past them, they are like stalkers! Paint me, paint me, set me free!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:23 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just a quick update. I did water aerobics yesterday, and the movement made my body aches much better!

Dee, sounds like you are over thinking what you want to paint on the mailboxes. It's just paint, you can redo, if you don't like it! (I paint, know the drill.). Anyway, I know I always feel better once I start. Wish we could paint together, wouldn't that be fun?

Shari, I know you are too busy to see this, but I am so impressed with your production! How fun!

Janie
Old 12-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Morning,

LOL love the fision of eyes following you when you walk by

Off plan for 2 days, just has been a nightmare around here. All good today though so I am back

Keep up the good work everybody....
Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! Pam welcome back to plan!

Dee, I to keep thinking about mailboxes with eys! There is a tree off in our yard - my home office is on the second floor and I can see it out my window. DH put one of those sets of eyes and nose and mouth on it. Have you seen those? They sort of make the trees look like Wizard of Oz trees. You have Wizard of Oz mailboxes from the sound of it!!

I can't believe this is Day 11 and I feel so comfortable doing what I'm doing. I sure wish I could bottle this "being in the zone" and save some for when I am struggling with zone!!! (if that makes any sense!)

Anyway....It seems like planning my meals the night before is helping (even if I end up having to change plans sometimes) and I think the EVCO is helping. And whatever other magic is in the mix! Scale at home has been dropping slightly this week. I'm hoping for a motivating weigh in on Sunday!

Hope everyone is having a great on plan day.

DG
Old 12-09-2011, 04:42 AM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

Day 12 solidly on plan. Scale still gradually moving down. NSV - I am comfortably wearing a pair of pants that just a few weeks ago, were tight. Something is changing!

Have a good day everyone.

DG
Old 12-09-2011, 05:15 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

Great job everybody. Keep it up. Doing ok.

Menu:
coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
2 eggs, cheese,onion,tomato,sausage 9pts 3carbs
turkey salad & peanuts 11pts 6carbs
kung poa chicken 4pts 10carbs
coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs

Total = 28pts, 23carbs
Old 12-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

I too had on off plan dinner the other night went to Carraba's. Back on yesterday.
Yeah it would be fun if we could paint together, I used to paint a lot and sold in stores,taught etc but then it became a job not a hobby. Caring for my mom I had little time and just can't seem to get back into it. I know once I get the plan firmed up and everyone is gone I will crank up the music and they will be done in an hour or so, you are right starting is the hardest part!

Sounds like everyone is in the groove for now, can't wait to have the holiday's out of the way.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Dinner tonight

PIZZA TOPPINGS CASSEROLE
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup pizza sauce (recipe follows)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and/or basil
3 1/2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped, 2 ounces
8 ounces whole milk mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup red onion, slivered, 1 ounce
Crushed red pepper, optional

Brown the sausage with the mushrooms; drain the grease. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, cream, pizza sauce and seasonings in a medium bowl. Grease a 7x9" deep baking dish (or 7x12" shallow baking dish) and put in the meats, mushrooms, peppers and the mozzarella cubes. Pour in the egg mixture and mix well. Top with the red onion. Sprinkle with a little more garlic powder, Italian seasoning and a little crushed red pepper flakes, if you like. Bake at 350║ for 45-55 minutes until nicely browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Mine still had a bit of liquid in the center but it was done. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.

Makes 6-8 servings

Per 1/6 Recipe: 582 Calories; 50g Fat; 27g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 437 Calories; 38g Fat; 20g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

PIZZA SAUCE
8 ounce can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, or to taste

Bring all of the ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. Partially cover the pot and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.

Makes about 1 cup
Can be frozen

Per 1/4 cup: 22 Calories; trace Fat; 1g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Per Batch: 86 Calories; trace Fat; 3g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 16g Net Carbs

I wanted this to be this to be more like a casserole than a quiche so I only used 4 eggs and a little cream to help bind the ingredients together. I wouldn't bother trying to cut this into squares to serve it. A big spoon would be more effective for just scooping it out. I was going to call this Pizza Bake, which was a pretty boring name. This is like eating a big pile of pizza toppings and inspired me to change the name to Pizza Toppings Casserole. Next time I might just omit the eggs and cream and add another 8 ounces of mozzarella. That would be even more like pizza toppings. Click the photo to see a close-up.

Here's a picture of a serving (click the photo to see a close-up):
Old 12-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pam, that sounds wonderful, the pizza dish, no matter what you call it.

I need to make something like that. DH is tired of my usual WW fare, and has taken to picking up fast food for himself. Maybe that dish would be enough to keep him out of the drive thru.

Off to water exercises!

Janie
Old 12-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

OOOOO Pam! What time should we be there for dinner? What can we bring? Sounds DELISH!

I took the easy way out for dinner tonight - chicken breasts are in the crock pot with some organic pasta sauce from a jar, and some veggies. Will be making some brown rice pasta (for the first time ever) for newly gluten free DH. I might have a small taste just to see what they are like, but plan to make a big pile of broccoli and cauliflower to go with my chicken and sauce!

I usually do an egg scramble for breakfast but wasn't really hungry this am. I didn't want to skip - long morning ahead. So I had 3/4 cup cottage cheese and a banana. And of course 2t of EVCO. Lunch was also an "on the go" affair - 3 oz turkey breast, baby carrots, 1 oz raw milk cheddar, 1 oz mix of walnuts & almonds, and some grapes. I'm starting to get in the groove of having those kinds of meals in mind to quickly throw together if scheduling issues arise, or if I'm not hungry/motivated for cooking.

I'm still planning ahead, and using those as fall back options.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Dee - we want to see pics of those mail boxes when you are done! I bet they will be fabulous! Get started!

Janie my newly gluten free DH needs to send funeral flowers to McDonalds.....

DG
Old 12-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Made the pizza recipe. It was ok, not my favorite. I liked it for lunch better the next day. It's more like a pizza quiche, which is fine but when your in the mood for pizza it doesn't really work. Back to the Friday night deep dish pizza. If you try it let me know if you liked it

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
B - Breakfast burrito from Mcdonalds 8pts 26carbs (traveling to pick up our new puppy)
L - pizza casserole 14pts 8carbs
D - chicken & baked veggies 5pts 6carbs

Total = 29pts, 42carbs
Old 12-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Pam - when do we get to see puppy pictures????? How is it going?

I haven't posted meals in a couple of days - things are a little crazy here with finals going on!! I am happy to report I am still 100% on plan. Had a great WI today -2.2! It works if we work it I guess.

I earned 54 APs last week! Holy moly! Didn't use any of them. Only used 7 of my weeklies. I did stay at 29 for my dailies. We'll see how it goes this week. I want to have a really clean OP week since next Sunday is what will be the worst of my holiday parties from a foodathon perspective. I'm thinking about doing SFT that day, and of course bringing dishes that provide protein and produce in accordance with SFT. That way I won't have to think too hard except for stuff that is outside of the SFT realm.

Would love to hear more about how you guys are handling the holiday foodathons in your necks of the woods.

Haven't been to the gym much since last winter - I have found I'd rather walk a zillion miles outside! But there is a class at 9AM right after WW, so I went today since it was pretty cold this AM. It is a rotating format so I never know what to expect. This week was some sort of cardio blast that kicked my behind!! According to my HR monitor, I burned 560 calories! I need to consider going to this thing every Sunday. There were several women in the group who are probably older than me (I'm 53) by several years and they were kicking some booty in there! I really want to focus on my fitness in the next year. I have let some of my strength go and I want it back!

Oh - one other interesting clarification from the meeting. Something I have been wondering about, anyway. The good health guidelines say "whole grains." But I've never heard "how many." So I always assumed that meant WW is not suggesting we eat any. Just if we DO eat grains, make it whole ones.

I was able to confirm today that is indeed the case. I think it's pretty significant that WW is not recommending ANY servings of grains. They are not saying DON'T eat them. But they are not saying DO eat them either. Hence no check boxes for them.

The only grains I have had in the last 2 weeks was 1 piece of low carb toast, and 1/2 cup serving of brown rice noodles.

FWIW....

I got an A on my final yesterday! Two more to go. I better get my rear in gear and get the books out! Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend. Can't wait to hear more about the pup!

DG
Old 12-12-2011, 06:20 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Well, sorry the pizza recipe did not turn out as you liked, I hate that don't you.
Glad the finals are almost out of the way for you and yeah for staying on plan.
I think Shari is buried in show biz for a while now.

Me I had a not great week, was hungry all week and for the first time ever used all my dailies and all but 10 of weeklies and am back up to 161 from 159.5, not bad.
After Christmas is over I must look hard at carbs and cals. This month so far I am averaging 1503 cals a day last month 1408, but carb levels are at about 180 -200 and stayed the same, but this week it did not matter what I ate I was hungry all the time.
Not sure whether to lower points or carbs at this points, anyway too many parties etc this next 2 weeks will just try to stay out of trouble. And no the damn mailboxes have not been painted, I should not have said yes. Stupid me.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Dee. This is your mailbox talking. Paint me! Paint me!

I'm sorry to hear you have had a challenging time of it. It seems we are all different to some degree so I have no idea if my own experience is anything like what's going on with you. From my "up and down / on and off" experience with WW over the past couple of years, I have figured out that if my fat goes too low I will be hungry all of the time. I even described in a meeting once that I felt "hungry full." It was the strangest thing. Even though I felt "tummy full" (not stuffed - just shortly after an on plan breakfast) I felt HUNGRY at the same time! I didn't understand that at all! (and nobody at the meeting had anything helpful to say either!)

This time around I am keeping my carbs moderate (150+ might be contributing to the hunger). But I am also getting more fat, mainly in the form of EVCO. If there isn't much fat naturally in a meal, I have 2 generous teaspoons. I might cut that back a bit if I am having a fattier cut of meat, or if I'm using olive oil on a salad, etc.

I can't go crazy with fat because the calorie bomb effect definitely doesn't work for me. But I am feeling so much better and more satiated by including a bit extra - expecially with leaner meals. I am also doing hardly any grains FWIW. Had some brown rice pasta one time last week, and had a piece of toast the week before that. My carbs are really coming from veg and fruits.

FWIW! I hope you can figure it out Dee. That constant knawing hunger just doesn't work! At least we are tracking so we have some data to work with to get it sorted!

I took some BG readings today.

Fasting: 85
1 Hr after breakfast: 91
2 Hr after breakfast: 100

I think it odd that it is higher 2 hours after breakfast than 1 hour. If you all have any thoughts, let me know. Not sure if any of you have reason to watch / know about BG. At least it's not through the roof or anything! But it makes me wonder if maybe I'm throwing out too much insulin.

The days meals were planned last night and all is on track. I better go get the beef stew in the crock pot though!

Have a great day everyone.

DG