Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: magnamater
I haven't tracked carbs, but use mainly lc ingredients, plus the lc fruits, berries and melon. I do eat legumes, but not daily. I might track, but I'm not tracking on fit day, as I track WW online. Too lazy!

But I'm fairly confident I stay under 50-60 carbs.

Again, with Autoimmune Thyroiditis and Adrenal Fatigue, my situation, the Dr. likes the carbs about where I am now. Really lc works for weight loss for me, but not so well for how I feel.

So in general, I don't believe one size fits all.

I feel good enough for exercise, which I haven't for a very long time.

Janie

Last edited by magnamater; 12-01-2011 at 09:43 AM..
magnamater is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
I don't track carbs specifically,either, and never track calories. I just count points and attempt to keep carbs on the lower side. Sometimes I will eat bread or chips or even a banana, but I try to balance that with the rest of my food that day. I have lost well on strict LC in the past, but I was younger, and I swear, in my 50s, things just don't work the same way. Ugh. Used to be able to drop 15-20 lbs the first month of doing LC, but now it doesn't work so well. That's why this new WW plan is such a godsend for me. I can tailor it to what I need/want at the moment and don't have to fret if I accidentally eat a bite of sugar or crave a piece of fruit. I can eat it, track it and not feel like I've sabotaged all my efforts.

That said, I'm having a pretty high points day today. Just some stress at work got to me, and I had fast food for lunch. Now I feel like crud and wish I hadn't done it. BUT...it's just going into my tracker and into the past. Can't change it, so why worry? I'll just try to do better at the very next meal.

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #273
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Pattygirl
Stats: 237.4/231.2/135
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: restart December 2013
I'm not counting the carbs either. I just count the WW pts and keep them between 29-34 most days. I like being able to eat fruit and veggies, but try to eat the lower carbs not really low like Atkins. I want enough carbs in my woe so that if I do eat a little more carby food sometimes that it will not cause a problem. Since this is working so well right now I'm not going to change anything until I have to and then I will tweak it. Right now I think I will stick to exercise 3 times a week which is what my doc approved for me right now. I've just got to figure out what, when and wear I'm going to do it. Until the kids moved in, I used to exercise an hour 3 times a week. So guess I couldn't commit to a 30 day thing either.

Patty

I will Eat to Live! I will NOT Live to Eat!
I WILL NOT ALLOW FOOD TO HAVE ANY
POWER OVER ME!!!
Pattygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:20 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Ok thanks all. I don't know why I am stuggling so badly with this I guess I just can't pick which woe to go 100% with. So, for right now, I will stick to what I am doing to the best I can. 29 points & 30 carbs and see how things go. I did loose 3.5 lbs last month so that's good My goal is to loose 4 lbs this month. With the holiday's we will see. As far as excersicing goes, I do need to get back into it. My shoes broke and with Christmas can afford new ones right now so maybe January. I do miss my walks

Menu:
coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
2 eggs, cheese, salsa 7pts 3carbs
chicken salad 6pts 2carbs
beef stroganoff w/ rice cauliflower 7pts 5carbs
side salad 3pts 3carbs
4 cracker & peanut butter 5pts 14carbs

Have a great day everybody
Total = 30pts, 29carbs
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There is an e-mail from WW about the new changes. I haven't been able to figure out any more than the lower (possible) points, and setting activity goals. The online tool wasn't very helpful to me, as my activities (water aerobics 3X's a week) weren't listed, although they are on the other tool, and I log it online.

They announced that coming soon was an app for scanning products and getting points value at the grocery store. Funny, as I use my phone already, and do the calculations. . .but shopping takes a long time!

Next week's meeting will be the roll out, and plan on staying late, the web says.

I probably won't lower my points now, as I often fall asleep before I can get in 29! I want to keep the losses coming. . .so maybe when I stall or slow down. I know that is in store, or has been in the past.

However, I do think that by accident I found this WOL. . .that gives my health conditions what they were missing (who knew?), and gives me tons of energy (which I haven't had in years.)

To all of you who have stated that activity challenge isn't for you at this time, maybe I should explain that I retired in May, and have the time (which I was wasting) to do the activity. Know that it makes all the difference in the world not to have children and a job. At least I got going, instead of sitting in front of the tv. Now I exercycle if I do!

Janie
Old 12-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Janie, I couldn't figure out the new plan changes much, either. Guess I'll have to wait for my meeting on Wednesday to get the whole scoop. Lowering my points will be pretty hard!! But maybe it will keep me in line and get me through the holidays.

I'm not officially doing any exercise, but this musical at my church has me doing enough dancing and walking around to constitute some activity points, I think. We have a fitness center at my workplace, but it's hard to drag myself over there. Maybe just walking for 5-10 minutes 2-3 times a day would help. Great idea, Janie, about the exercycle and TV watching. I used to do that (before I got heavy--coincidence??).

OK, now I'm feeling guilty. but maybe it's a good thing...
Old 12-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

OK, Janie, I'm laughing now...I keep saying I don't have time to exercise. But at lunchtime I had to go to the mall (disclaimer: I HATE HATE HATE the mall!!). So I started at Dillard's and ended up having to go to Macy's--clear around/across the mall. And I had to get back to work within an hour, so I was really pushing it! And since I had to park at the FAR end of the lot (you would've thought it was Christmas Eve with all the cars there!).............I probably logged a good mile or more. And it didn't kill me!!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shari, I have so been there. The exercise counts. No matter if it is speed mopping when something overflows, and ya gotta get someplace!

I tend to be quite lazy, so I have to almost be OCD about it to get the exercise habit going. But when I'm in the habit, i feel so energetic.

If you are losing, I would think long and hard about lowering points. Just my opinion. Holidays are hard enough without feeling deprived.

all of you, call me out if I get too gung ho!

Janie

Last edited by magnamater; 12-02-2011 at 12:24 PM..
Old 12-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

I agree on the lowering points. It just looked like the "new" WW 2012 that comes out next week will feature lower points ranges. I dont' know why. It's possible I mis-read that, but I think that's what it said. Doesn't make me happy!!! I like to eat ALL of my points--plus all my extra points--every week!
Old 12-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dee744
Stats: 8-11-180/12-11-159.5/140
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: Jan 08
I am no longer a member but what I have been reading is if you are at 29 you CAN go as low as 26, a lot of folks were not losing on 29 and had been tweaking on their own so WW agreed one size does not fit all, you do not HAVE to go to 26.

Not sure if weeklies will drop or not, but I do need to know as I bought 2 at home kits for Christmas gifts for friends who live in the sticks and have no meetings and no money, so if you members don't mind filling me in so I can type up a note to include the changes in their kits that would be real helpful as WW wont. I called them the other day and told them about the kits I bought from them and could I get the updates and was told to join. Next time I get a kit for someone it will all be from ebay, jerks. Why sell at home kits if you cannot purchase support when there are changes.
Dee744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

No need to call you out, just go do it. Like you say being retired is a whole different ballgame than when working. Let us know how and what you are doing as a little inspiration never hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamater View Post
Shari, I have so been there. The exercise counts. No matter if it is speed mopping when something overflows, and ya gotta get someplace!

I tend to be quite lazy, so I have to almost be OCD about it to get the exercise habit going. But when I'm in the habit, i feel so energetic.

If you are losing, I would think long and hard about lowering points. Just my opinion. Holidays are hard enough without feeling deprived.

all of you, call me out if I get too gung ho!

Janie
Old 12-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh dear, I reread my post earlier. I DO have grown children!!! And 6 grands. Just the two of us at home is what I meant! Not "no children!"

Dee, we will help you out when we know anything. That should be next Tuesday for me. I thnk it will require an explanation for me.

Janie
Old 12-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #283
Senior LCF Member

I went to the WW site and printed out what they said, but I couldn't tell if you had to do just 26 pts. Thanks Dee for clarifying that. I didn't find anything that told about weekly pts. I too like using all my points and like the idea that I can save pts for eating out or at special events. I don't want to lower my pts unless I have to because of a stall. I do need to get some sort of exercise going on a regular basis.

I could join WW even online, but really don't need to spend the money. Will have to wait and see if I need to later. This is the best WW support I've found so don't need to join for support. Thanks everyone for sharing.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Hi Ladies! I've been following your thread for a looooong time now. I have been off again on again with LC (10 years) and more recently WW (1.5 years). I can relate to falling in the processed junk food "1 point crap trap." And when I fall in that trap, I fall HARD.

That said, I love the structure of WW - the e-tools, the points plus program, etc. When I follow the plan, I lose weight.

I am realizing I need to follow the plan in the way my body wants to be fueled!! Janie, I'm with you that for some reason, low carb (i.e. 20 - 30g) no longer feels good to me. I just really have floundered the last several attempts.

I am wrapping up my fifth day back on plan. It has felt easy (so far - I know tough times will be ahead LOL!). I'm what I think is considered "moderate carb" in the 50 - 100g range. Within the WW structure, here are the choices that work for me:

1) 2tsp of "healthy fat' per day is a JOKE for me. I am currently working with 2 TBS per day of coconut oil or other appropriate fat. (i.e. if I use olive oil on my salad, I will have less EVCO in or on that meal)

2) NO SUGAR. Period. And no A/S or other processed junk.

3) Carbs come mostly (like 99%) from veg and fruit. (I've been having 2 servings per day of fruit)

4) I've been eating 3 meals and NO SNACKS. I have realized that making my meals smaller to include snacks just puts me in "eating mode" for the day - not good. I would rather have 2 (like I did today) or 3 satisfying meals than 5 or 6 dinky ones. (and I realize that for other people, more smaller meals may be the life line!)

This weight / health management journey really is a learning process isn't it! I'm interested to see how this all is working 30 days from now.

On the plan changes...here is my understanding.

The point reduction is due to some people not losing - that was correctly stated up thread. One group I've been following on the WW site seem to think that in particular, shorter women had a harder time losing with 29 points. I don't know if that's true. I can also imagine certain health conditions getting in the way too. At any rate, I have never personally had a problem losing at 29 points + weeklies + APs so I went into e-tools and changed mine back from 26 to 29.

The weekly points can now be adjusted too. Mine did not automatically change - not sure if they changed for others. But you can lower them to....(trying to recall) 43 maybe? Or any number in between. You can also set a weekly AP goal. I haven't totally figured out how that works in terms of how you see it on the e-tools screens.

Anyway....it looks like we have more flexibility with these changes and for me, the reason WW can even be a consideration is due to flexibility! So bring it on!!

Janie - The only thing that has saved me from gaining even more during my struggles this year is exercise! I'm in love with my pedometer and try to do at least 10,000 steps 6 days per week. I count steps all day long (motivates me to park in the faraway spots, etc.), but also take "power walks" of 3 - 5 miles several times per week. I also have some bodylastics resistance bands and I hope to do more of that especially when it gets a little too chilly/snowy for walking outside. (or dark!!!) So I would be up for some sort of exercise challenge if you guys will let me join you here!!

I haven't been to a meeting in a long time now - I'm planning to suck it up and weigh in Sunday morning.

DG
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting, when I tracked online today, it set my points at 26. I didn't change anything! It's okay, I don't use my activity or all my weekly.

I am one of those short ones. I'm ok now, we will see when I get closer to goal.

Janie
Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome, DG, is that sweet baby in your avatar a beagle or Bassett? Sweet!

Janie
Old 12-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Interesting, when I tracked online today, it set my points at 26. I didn't change anything!
It changed mine too - I had to change it back. God to learn how to do that!

Quote:
Welcome, DG, is that sweet baby in your avatar a beagle or Bassett?
That was our beagle buck. We gave him a homewhen friends found him stranded in the woods. He had lots of good years with us. He went over the bridge this past summer. I miss him!

I'm looking forward to the meeting on Sunday to hopefully find out more about the Activity Points goal and where to see it / track it, etc. Let me know if you guys figure that out!

DG
Old 12-03-2011, 03:44 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh DG, I know you do miss Buck so much. They give so much. I have 2 rescue special needs dogs, and one is in heart failure, but has responded so much to the meds and love. I know our time with him is limited, so cherish each day just that much more. I know about the Rainbow Bridge!

I will figure out how to change the points, just thought it Caught me by surprise? I had prepared and eaten a rather large dinner of dream fields spaghetti with meat sauce, and wham! I was over a point for the day. I did quit, rather than have my yogurt!

BTW, Greek yogurt is my fav go to food! I put my frozen blueberries in it, not frozen, just keep em in the freezer.

Janie

ps. I just became a Very Gabby. . .LCF. 3000posts is the magic number. Of course it took10 years. . .
Old 12-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Love all the info thank you. Janie Thanks for pushing, I think I might have to start just a little working out. I am laughing now because I went with my hubby to his office bowling party yesterday and I pulled a muscle bowling, lol...who does that, lol....Show me how out of shape I really am.....My shoes will just have to work until next month
Old 12-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Welcome DG, and thanks for the info as well. After the meeting get it all and read it, it will be easier too after they go ever it.
Nice that you can use STF when you want rather than a full week, does mess with tracking though.

The activity push is good, I have been trying, but like Pam I am way out of shape and will take a good while to get back in, plus quit smoking last year and lungs still getting better.

I use a few weeklies about 5-15 every week, and can't lose if I do more. So maybe the 26 is good. Even though I do count cals too i am not losing fast or even losing but gaining some weeks, I envy those of you who can eat all types of points and still lose. Of course some activity would help. Anyway good morning all.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

DG - Welcome to the group. Glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know you.

Pam and Janie - I am trying to add some more activity to my day. I do some exercise while I get dressed in the morning. I went shopping after I left the beauty shop this morning and parked further from the stores so I could get more walking done today. I felt surprisingly good after.

I dropped another 1/2 lb today. One more lb off and I will be back in virgin territory. I just might make it through the holidays with a little bit of a weight loss. It sure would be nice to go for my 3 month check up with a loss instead of a gain. My doc did tell me that people who do WW do better at keeping their blood sugar under control.

I looked for a WW Magazine while out today, but couldn't find one. I'm sure everyone will be grabbing them now that WW is making changes. I let my subscription run out so will have to start it up again to keep up with things. As long as I'm losing as good as I am, I won't change much except find a way to get back to exercising again and be more active.

Have a great week end.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Hi again everyone and thank you for the welcome!

Janie - that is so good of you to give a home to special needs dogs!

Dee congrats on quitting smoking!!! I gave it up too not quite 4 years ago. OMG that was hard!! Was it really hard for you too? I'm so glad to be free of it though. I could barely walk up the stairs to the 2nd floor of our house when I first stopped - so I totally get it! That's one of the things I like about walking - easy to start slow and gradually work up to longer distances. There is a certain amount of daily activity that was figured into the 29 points, I think. The reason I think that is because in "All Day" mode, the pedometer doesn't start adding points until you get to around 5,000 steps. That makes me think that in the old 29 points, it was assuming you do somewhere around 5000 steps (this varies based on weight). There are some days where I don't walk 2500 steps if I don't intentionally exercise, and I am "desk bound" that day. So I can see where that might have an impact.

I can TOTALLY understand pulling a muscle bowling!!!! I can pull a muscle doing laundry LOL!!! Hope that feels better soon!

The day ain't over yet but so far I'm having an easy time sticking to my plan. I really like it when I take time to plan the day before. Makes this all so much easier!

Also cracked open the Topical Traditions Gold coconut oil today. YUM YUM!!! I like Nutiva but I like TTG even better!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

DG
Old 12-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,

Well went on my first walk yesterday( thank you Janie) with my broken shoes and loved it. Forgot how much I liked my time aways to relax even if I am working out. So another walk for me today. Hubby taken our dog to the dog park for some play, he loves the dog park Trying to be good.

Menu:
B - coffee,hwc,splenda 2pts 2carbs
L - chicken salad 6pts 2carbs
D - pork chops & salad 8pts 3carbs
S -1/3 cup rice 1.3pts 15carbs
S - jello 0pts 1carbs
S - egg & cheese 4pts 1.5carbs

Total = 21.3pts, 24.5carbs
Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 AM   #294
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is my official WI day as I like starting everything on Sunday. I lost 10 lbs this week and I'm back down to the weight I had lost before holidays so now I go into new ground.

I woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. DH had got up so I did some leg exercises in the bed and then got up and did six minutes on my stationary bike and then did some more exercises when I finally got up to get dressed. I probably got in a good 10 minutes or more this morning. Thanks Janie for getting us going on exercises. I don't know if I can do 30 minutes on the bike, but I can do 20 minutes of Leslie Sandsone's Walk Away the Pounds and 10 on the bike 3 times a week. Have to see where I go from there. I would like to work up to 45 minutes 3 days a week.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #295
Senior LCF Member

What a great way to start, wonderful loss! It is so nice to start off big keeps you psyched up.

DG, after 42 years I quit using e cigs and still use them but now at 4 mg of nic than 24. It is about half and half no nic and 4 mg, but I so loved smoking this gives me all of the action without the 5000 plus chemicals and smoke.
My doc has been amazed and was at first against them, now she suggests them for diehards like me.

Pam, it was too hard to try to do both for me and WW is working for me. Today was weigh in foe me and I am down 1.5 this week and finally broke through to the 150's even if not by much now 159.5, I will take it. This week I ate all dailys and so far 17 weeklies and still lost wow.That phone app is weird I weigh today but I don't start a new week until mon??? Points wise. On the calories side I ran an average of 1450 per day. No exercise other than housework and shopping and I too always park far out.
Glad we are getting new members and everyone is doing well, have a great week.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all! Dee - CONGRATS ON HITTING YOUR 150's!!!!!! I can't WAIT to get there! You are inspiring me now! I would have SO been all over that e-cig if it had been available (or maybe I just hadn't heard of it yet) back when I quit. Good for you!!!! It is wonderful that you are no longer experiencing those 5,000 chemicals! I'm assuming the phone app you are talking about is the phone version of e-tools? If so, you can go into e-tools and in your settings, pick which day of the week is your weigh in day. That way your weekly points, APs, etc. will all line up for you!

Patty - I like starting on Sunday too. New week - everything fresh! Good job getting going on your exercise! Congrats on getting the weight off! That's where I was this past week too.

You too pcaltman! I absolutely love walking. I never really tried it (for exercise LOL) prior to weight watchers. My pedometer just drives me to walk and it feels so good! Glad to find a fellow walker!

Had a good weigh in. I haven't been to WW for 5 or 6 weeks and my last weigh in was 171 point something. Today was 166.4 so I am VERY happy with that! Now to get back where Dee is! I went to the mall after the meeting (before the stores are open) and walked 5 miles!!! I had only planned on going about 3 but was "in my groove" after 4 laps of the mall so I went 2 more. Then the stores started opening and I put on a few more steps doing some shopping. Have already earned 8 activity points by noon! Gotta love that.

B: fasted
L: Chicken thigh crock pot concoction & broccoli + 2 tsp coconut oil + banana (12 pts)
D: Pepper steak & green beans, apple, 1 oz raw milk cheddar, 2 tsp coconut oil (11 pts)

Since I missed breakfast I may add something else in to bring me up to 26 points for the day. Usually I don't snack but might make an exception today!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

DG
Old 12-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #297
Senior LCF Member

DG, reading this, I realized I never updated my stat form a few years ago! Anyway in Aug I started at 180 LC 20-25 day for 8 weeks. Got off any plan in Oct and started getting used to the idea of WW mid Oct and started op nov 1. glad you are getting that much exercise! Keep up the good work we will all make it sooner or later.

Yeah the e cigs were at the request of DH, I had already given up the fact that I could ever quit, had tried everything and just never lasted more than 6 mos, yes it is a bear! From the day I got it I have never picked up another smoke. I am not sure if I even go all no nic that I will completely put it down, you have to have something in life that you enjoy! I have helped 10 smokers quit with them, everyone tells me I should sell them! But hey they work!
Have a good week all.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Dee, my DH used to smoke and quit a few years before I did. I freaked out when he quit - all worried about how it would affect MY smoking rights! Well, at first he said "you smoked when I met you, and I won't force the issue - you may never quit and I get it." Well, that changed. I will say though, that I was a RUUUUUDE smoker. Smoked in the house, in the vehicles, etc. I can't imagine now how he put up with it as long as he did. He eventually put is foot down and it was him or the smokes. Addiction is really crazy because at the time, it felt like a difficult choice! I'm so glad to be quit now. I too had quit previously. I only made it one time past a few days - that was six months and I thought I could have just one. You know how that goes! I spent a lot of time on Quitnet for about 1.5 years.

I added 2 pieces of faux rye gluten free bread just for grins. (Mr. Doggy has recently discovered he is gluten intolerant, so we are experimenting). So I'm up to 29 points for the day, and done in the kitchen!

DG
Old 12-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations to you guys who have stopped smoking. Wish they had the e cig when my previous hubby was living. He just couldn't ever give it up completely. I quit about 20+ yrs ago because I was pregnant. When I had the miscarriage, I decided there was no reason to go back to it. Never had the taste of it any more although I loved the smell. Now I've been away from family who smokes for so long that I can't stand the smell either. I was fortunate that I was able to quit. As I said, my deceased hubby could never quit. They fact that you have been able to is quite an accomplishment.

Dee - When my doc told me a yr and a half ago that I was Type 2, I went on Atkins Induction and within 3 - 6 months I got everything normal and then I must have gone crazy. I couldn't get back on Induction and gained back what little weight I had lost. Just couldn't get on anything that I could live with. It is so strange to me how all of a sudden something clicks. That is what has happened with WW this time. I can't tell you what has changed this time but I am so thankful it is working for me. I haven't been able to lose weight this quickly in a week in years. I know it will slow down and I can deal with that, it is just nice to have such a good beginning. I think it is the fact that I can do LC with WW most of the time, but not as low as on Atkins. I like this because when I do have a day when I eat more carbs than usual it doesn't throw off what I've done with a big gain. I don't know why it took me so long to realize that you could actually do WW with any plan.

DG - I never thought about it until you said it but I never thought of walking as exercise. I always enjoyed walking. I was in the band as a teen and did a lot of marching. When I lived in Dallas and went to work, I had to ride the bus. One day I decided that instead of standing around waiting for the bus, I could walk a block and then if the bus wasn't coming, I would walk another block. Then suddenly I found that I loved walking. When DH goes shopping with me, we park in the handicap section; but when he isn't with me I park further away and I realized yesterday that I still love to walk, but I do not want to think of it as exercise. I can walk for hours when I'm shopping.

Pam - So glad you were able to find a way to walk since you like to do it too.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

I had a very busy day just doing a lot of different stuff. So my official "power" (yes I go FAST!) walk was about 10,000 steps. Then shopping and decorating the tree and whatever else I had going on today .... I put a total of 23,874 steps on the pedometer today! (That is a lot - I don't get to go over 20,000 that often - too chained to my desk!) Anyway...that's ELEVEN POINTS. They really add up. I love my pedometer. I probably won't use them all this week, but I love banking them!

DG