Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: turbotex
Stats: Too big/-106/Just Right
WOE: Eating healthy and loving it!
Start Date: Which time?
WW September - Counting our way to Skinnyville!

Happy September everyone!!!!
turbotex is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #2

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
Marking spot. Have lots of stuff going on but trying to get back on track. Made a fritatta and had yogurt with it for breakfast, 7 points.
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post
Marking spot. Have lots of stuff going on but trying to get back on track. Made a fritatta and had yogurt with it for breakfast, 7 points.
That sounds like a good breakfast!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Patty-cake54
Stats: 239/210/165
WOE: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Start Date: November 2013
How appropriate that our new month be started by my hero, Pam!!!

Marking my spot too!

So far today I've had my boiled egg, half of a pear, and coffee with REAL Half and Half and Splenda!

Have a great day everybody!
Patty-cake54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty-cake54 View Post
How appropriate that our new month be started by my hero, Pam!!!
:blush: You are too kind!!!

As I posted a little while ago, I stopped my monthly pass and have just been doing the WW PP on my own, but I really wanted to go to my Tuesday night weigh-in for a very selfish reason - I HAVE HIT 50LBS GONE EXACTLY and I wanted to get the little charm for my key chain Instead of going to the meeting I decided to order myself a new Coach purse and matching wallet as my reward
Old 09-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Marking my spot in our new thread.

Pam, 50 lbs! Congrats! I think a new Coach purse and wallet is a perfect reward!!

Today is my weigh in day. I lost 1.6 lbs. That puts me down 45 lbs!

Last edited by nikkiluvslowcarb; 09-01-2011 at 02:25 PM..
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: his_cinderella
Stats: 223.0/223.0/140
Start Date: April 2013
Happy September!

GAAAHHHH!!! I'm doing sooooo bad!! Well okay not sooooo bad, Im' tracking everything I eat even if it's bad stuff...I only have 7 weekly points left and I weigh in on Monday...so I really have to buckle down and eat well but I KNOW I'm probably not going to show a loss this week which is going to discourage me
his_cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:44 AM   #8
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Pam :kicking :

I am up 1 lb to 231. Did some weight training yesterday so not surprised.

Have been eating too much over points, think it goes back to the fact that I stopped my HRT a few months ago. I started sweating like crazy and being depressed and starting to crave carbs and realized it's the lack of estradiol.
I had a hysterectomy back in 2004 so probably not making much estrogen , even the amount a normal meno woman would. Estrogen stores in fat and having lost 20 lbs of fat it's probably gone. Have a Dr apt on the 12th, have 2 patches left from last spring, put one on and slept through the night for the first time in eons. It's the lowest dose they make, straight estradiol, and I may just be someone who needs to stay on this stuff at a minor dose.
Wonder if I should ask my doc for a copay?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Marking my spot in our new thread.

Pam, 50 lbs! Congrats! I think a new Coach purse and wallet is a perfect reward!!

Today is my weigh in day. I lost 1.6 lbs. That puts me down 45 lbs!
Thank you and Congrats on the loss!!! WOW - 45 lbs!!! You are rocking it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by his_cinderella View Post
Happy September!

GAAAHHHH!!! I'm doing sooooo bad!! Well okay not sooooo bad, Im' tracking everything I eat even if it's bad stuff...I only have 7 weekly points left and I weigh in on Monday...so I really have to buckle down and eat well but I KNOW I'm probably not going to show a loss this week which is going to discourage me
Been there done that! One simple hint is to grab a glass of water each time you think about grabbing a snack. Always remember that we are here for support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew1 View Post
Pam :kicking :

I am up 1 lb to 231. Did some weight training yesterday so not surprised.

Have been eating too much over points, think it goes back to the fact that I stopped my HRT a few months ago. I started sweating like crazy and being depressed and starting to crave carbs and realized it's the lack of estradiol.
I had a hysterectomy back in 2004 so probably not making much estrogen , even the amount a normal meno woman would. Estrogen stores in fat and having lost 20 lbs of fat it's probably gone. Have a Dr apt on the 12th, have 2 patches left from last spring, put one on and slept through the night for the first time in eons. It's the lowest dose they make, straight estradiol, and I may just be someone who needs to stay on this stuff at a minor dose.
Wonder if I should ask my doc for a copay?
Thanks!

The whole being a woman can really bite sometimes! I am 44 and currently in the wonderful menopause phase of life - the one where TOM shows up every 20 days or so and hangs around for about a week each time which basically means that I am in a constant state of PMS I hope your doctor can get your levels figured out for you
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Hi Everyone - I just started back on WW last Sunday and have been trying to track all that I have eaten and such. I haven't been perfect but I know each day and week will get better. You are all inspiration with your great losses!!!

I weighed myself yesterday as I wanted to change my weigh in day to Thursday (I do the online) and from Sunday-Thursday I had lost 4.5. Hope that wasn't a fluke, but it was inspiring to keep working it the way I have.

I am 41 and a working mom with two teenage kids. I think menopause has started with me also.. I get so moody and hot then cold. So fun being a woman..lol
Old 09-02-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Pam, I'm 56 and didn't enter the menopausal portal completely until last year. Which means I was getting my Senior discount while still suffering TOM woes until last spring when that mess finally ended. Fortunately, I have been able to deal with the hormones and hot flashes okay. But I have to say, the hot flashes have been a little more evident the last couple of weeks. It's so dang hot still down here (triple digits still) that it's so hard to tell if it's the heat or a true hot flash!

I am doing so well food wise this week that I treated myself to a "see if I can squeeze my butt into this by my birthday" outfit. I bought the display outfit - jewelry and all - and plan to wear it to conference on October 22nd - the week before my birthday. It is a size large and it was in the regular misses sizes. I tried it on and it fits but barely. I am hoping by then it will fit more becomingly and that is my goal.

I also bought a water bottle with some bling on it. I am trying to drink more water and we southern belles like big hair, big purses, and lots of bling. Couldn't hurt, right?

I hope everybody is ready for the big 3-day weekend!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla70 View Post
Hi Everyone - I just started back on WW last Sunday and have been trying to track all that I have eaten and such. I haven't been perfect but I know each day and week will get better. You are all inspiration with your great losses!!!

I weighed myself yesterday as I wanted to change my weigh in day to Thursday (I do the online) and from Sunday-Thursday I had lost 4.5. Hope that wasn't a fluke, but it was inspiring to keep working it the way I have.

I am 41 and a working mom with two teenage kids. I think menopause has started with me also.. I get so moody and hot then cold. So fun being a woman..lol
Welcome! Congrats on the loss!!!

Quote:
Pam, I'm 56 and didn't enter the menopausal portal completely until last year. Which means I was getting my Senior discount while still suffering TOM woes until last spring when that mess finally ended. Fortunately, I have been able to deal with the hormones and hot flashes okay. But I have to say, the hot flashes have been a little more evident the last couple of weeks. It's so dang hot still down here (triple digits still) that it's so hard to tell if it's the heat or a true hot flash!

I am doing so well food wise this week that I treated myself to a "see if I can squeeze my butt into this by my birthday" outfit. I bought the display outfit - jewelry and all - and plan to wear it to conference on October 22nd - the week before my birthday. It is a size large and it was in the regular misses sizes. I tried it on and it fits but barely. I am hoping by then it will fit more becomingly and that is my goal.

I also bought a water bottle with some bling on it. I am trying to drink more water and we southern belles like big hair, big purses, and lots of bling. Couldn't hurt, right?

I hope everybody is ready for the big 3-day weekend!
Can't wait to see you in your birthday outfit (not be confused with your birthday suit )

You are right, us southern girls like the bling and the big hair

Keep an eye on that TD13 that looks like it is heading your way!!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Go for it

OK, I still had major back of the hair sweating twice today , so maybe I am not totally right but think it's definitely worth checking! Will also get my throid med checked.

Hey, I saw those new frozen WW meal in a bag-sesame chicken (that one says 9PP ) etc. at Target and also my local Giant Market. Just in case anyone was looking for them.

Just had a massage at my gym from my trainer/massage therapist-that guy is worth every penny!

And went shopping and bought some knit pants for fall in -ta da- xl in misses dept! What's weird is I still need a 1-2x on top but I have more fat on my arms and upper tummy than my legs now. Flab on my hips is keeping me from buying regular slacks in a 16 or 18 misses. Legs fit but they are too tight on the top. Happy to do the knit ones. I like them, I wore the 2x all last winter. And the tops I wore were 3x.

All in good time

Last edited by ew1; 09-02-2011 at 02:04 PM..
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies! Work was very busy, people down here were buying all kinds of stuff to stock up for the weekend with the Tropical Storm coming this way.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #15
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Nikki, that's what it was like here in PA last weekend! Markets and gas stations, Home Depots, etc. Classic.
Take care down there!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:01 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

So it's 4:57 a.m., a tropical storm is heading for the gulf and what am I doing? Planning a birthday beach trip! Oh my! A friend I've known for years finally made time for lunch yesterday at Newk's (great salads and low point soup!) and we decided to plan a beach trip to celebrate our birthdays. Hers is the week before mine.

She's one of those skinny b***s who weighs 12 pounds but eats REALLY healthy and is a good influence. I am looking forward to getting to the beach for a long weekend - it's better than nothing!

Quote:
Hey, I saw those new frozen WW meal in a bag-sesame chicken (that one says 9PP ) etc. at Target and also my local Giant Market. Just in case anyone was looking for them.
Thanks! I have been looking for those! I think they are less sodium and I like to have something on hand for when I forget to thaw some chicken or other protein. I'll check it out!

I hope everybody has a great Saturday!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:37 AM   #17
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So it's 4:57 a.m., a tropical storm is heading for the gulf and what am I doing? Planning a birthday beach trip!
Yeah , and I am heading for the Jersey Shore on Tuesday for a couple days and guess what is supposed to show up-rain from your tropical storm
Patti-cake, you take care down there!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Take care everyone in the path of the storm!

Last night wasn't good for points, had to dip into my weeklies a bit. But moving on to today a new day. We are taking the kids to a small zoo today and then to Fargo to the mall and staying over in a hotel and back tomorrow. Going to work really hard on making good food choices. Eating out can be hard for me to always choose the best for me. But I have the app on my phone so I can look up points and hopefully that will help to make better choices.

Have a great Saturday all!
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

It's been a rainy, windy, dreary Sunday. But my yard and flower beds are mighty grateful! I haven't been out of the house, relishing the opportunity to piddle around the house, nap, work some crosswords and cook up a few things for next week.

I am munching a little too much on fruit and veggies, but I'm tracking every bite. There's just something about lazy-butt day that lends itself to thinking of munching!

Nikki, I hope ya'll are okay down in Cajun country! How about those Tigers!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:25 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It's been a rainy, windy, dreary Sunday. But my yard and flower beds are mighty grateful! I haven't been out of the house, relishing the opportunity to piddle around the house, nap, work some crosswords and cook up a few things for next week.

I am munching a little too much on fruit and veggies, but I'm tracking every bite. There's just something about lazy-butt day that lends itself to thinking of munching!

Nikki, I hope ya'll are okay down in Cajun country! How about those Tigers!
Been getting ALOT of rain here. We are 30 miles inland but there are some towns in our parish that are flooding. There was also a few tornado's in our parish over the weekend.

I'm an "okie-cajun" as a friend from work calls me. I'm from Oklahoma but moved down here 2 years ago. So while everyone else down here was watching the Tigers play I was watching the OU Sooners kick some hinney .
Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
Hi ladies, may I join you? I restarted (and re-paid) WW on Saturday, and then last night already went out to dinner.

I think I did okay, but it was one of those places where I have no idea how to count the points. There is NI on the website (Genghis Grill), but it lists ounces of each item, but when you make your meal, there is nothing there to measure with, so it is all guesswork.

The heat wave here in OK finally seems to have broken, for this week, anyway...so nice that I have all my windows open.

Hope you all have a great day!
For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

GOALS:1. Eat only foods that are healthy fuel for my body. 2. Eat only until no longer hungry. Satisfied, not full.
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #22

Gallery: abbynormal
WOE: WW
Start Date: obviously not today
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotex View Post
...I HAVE HIT 50LBS GONE EXACTLY...
Congratulation s my friend!

I canceled by online membership and ordered a points calculator. Going to give that a shot. I keep a daily log of everything and really didn't use the online site for anything other than tracking and looking up points. I'm hoping this will keep me in line. If not, I am right back to paying for it.

It's been a long and crazy weekend. I was vendor at an outdoor festival. For two days it was 100+ degrees and the third day it rained. I am so glad it's done. It was very successful and I'm already putting it on the calendar for next year but I am so glad to be at home and in my jammies!

Happy and successful September to all!
The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized in the lifetime of that opportunity. ~P.Wilson
We can fear or we can care. ~ Susan M. Grant
If I want to watch a bunch of guys run around and not score, I'll go to a bar downtown. I don't have to watch soccer. - J.Guenther.
abbynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Srsmom!

Laura, I am so glad you had a good experience at the festival!

Well it's official - my sisters and I are going to the beach in the middle of October! I am so excited!

My nephew and his family were up for the weekend from South Louisiana. I loved playing with the babies and catching up with my nephew. Good times.

The weather was rather nippy - and WONDERFUL! Actually, it was about 80 but after 3 months of triple digit temps, we thought we had a winter upon us! The cooler temp meant we needed to have a big pot of hot gumbo. And it was very good! My sister made one of her wonderful chocolate pies of which I had a taste and then played with the baby. Then we all went for a long walk on their country road. If I'd have known how long a walk we were going to take, I would have had a second bite of pie!

Today would have been my meeting and WI. With the weather cooler, I have absolutely no excuse for getting out there and walking again! Tomorrow I will do just that!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #24

Gallery: paulav99

I'm back on WW Points Plus as of the 1st. The 1st week didn't go the greatest, but I still am down 4lbs (a lot though I think was water weight from our trip).

I stocked up on some fruit and frozen meals to have at work. I know frozen meals aren't the greatest, but they're really handy for me right now.

Today:

B: Egg McMuffin and fruit & yogurt parfait

S: plum and piece of cheddar cheese

L: Lean Cuisine mushroom risotto, apple w/peanut butter

S: ? light popcorn if needed

D: not 100% sure right now....either spaghetti or burgers I think

I think I'm going to hold off on the exercise for now. I'd really like to try the Couch to 5K, but I want to get my eating going first.
paulav99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
Thanks for letting me hang out in here.

It is still so weird for me to count fruit as zero points. But I guess it must work as written if people are having success on it, right?

I am loving the Kashi cinnamon harvest cereal. I have it with unsweetened almond milk that is only 1 point a cup...just yummy.

Hope you are all having a great day.
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone! My hubby made some awesome chili on Monday and the last couple of days I have been enjoying it, maybe a little too much. I'm kinda guessing on the points but I always try to guess on the high end and it's not very often I dip into my weekly points so if I happen to under guess I should still be okay. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so I will know then if I have done any damage.

So hows everyone doing?
Old 09-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

My goodness, where has this week gone?

We have been enjoying FALL like temperatures all week and I have been loving every minute of it! Football is much more fun to watch when you don't have sweat balls dripping off your nose! We have our first home game tonight and I can't wait!

I came in from work last night and walked for the first time since my HS injury. But stupid me - I wore those toning shoes instead of regular walking shoes and it was very interesting to say the least. I wasn't able to walk as fast as I would have liked, but I swear I think my butt looks smaller this morning! ROTFLO!

Nikki, I had gumbo twice this week and had to just guess the points. Even if I am off the mark a bit or a lot, I think just being aware of what I am eating and attempting to assert control is so much better than not doing anything at all.

Good luck on your WI!
Old 09-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone! My weigh in went well yesterday I lost 3.2 lbs!

Patty, what kind of gumbo? I love the chicken and shrimp gumbo.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Nikki, it was chicken and shrimp gumbo. I make duck and sausage gumbo during duck season. I love seafood gumbo the best. I just love a good gumbo!

It has been an emotional day today. Watching the memorials have left me wanting to indulge in emotional eating. So far, though, so good. I just made an iced coffee from the morning pot and hopefully that will tide me over.

I hope ya'll are all well happy and safe tonight.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #30

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
Hi all. I am having a hard time sticking with things!

Make chicken breast today, no skin or bone or fat, and then shredded it, put in a can of black beans, can of chick peas and a large jar of medium salsa and a LOT of cilantro and cooked it in the crock pot. Then served it on carb counter tortillas (2 points each) with a tiny bit of 2% shredded cheese, a bit of avocado, some salsa and some lettuce. Made for a great/filling meal and I figured out that it was about 6 points per "taco".