Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehenge View Post
congrats on your awesome loss, too..
Love Hobby Lobby.. dangerous place for me..
Thanks!

And LOL, me, too...about Hobby Lobby!! Had to control myself!!!

I was on the WW site this morning and someone had asked about low point lunches...gave me some great ideas. I just had my second tuna sandwich of the day! No kidding, I have not had one in years (since I have been on LC for so long, seriously) and it sounded SO good. Five points each, but worth every one.

Someone also mentioned baked potatoes...I need to look into that, too. I have just had them off of my radar for so long, kwim?

WTG on planning on the gym this afternoon. I took the pooch to the dog park this morning...it was a little walking for me (not enough to count as an activity point for me), but LOTS for her.
For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

GOALS:1. Eat only foods that are healthy fuel for my body. 2. Eat only until no longer hungry. Satisfied, not full.
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
well I got my workout in.. and made dinner.. WW meatloaf muffins...
made with ground lean turkey..
so... Ihave to look up the ppts on that.. but it can';t be to much..
LOL
I am at 15ppts for the day.. already had a salad.. with DH before he went to work..
but need to go and heat up the muffins for me..
I am thinking.. having them cold with some mustard spread on it.. since its made with whole wheat stove top .. I don't want more bread stuff with it..
maybe some veggie pattie? 3ppts?
bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmom View Post
I have had a tough week. Had a gain of .2 of a pound last week, but then got the flu this week. Ate off plan Wednesday, and yesterday ate a Subway cheese pizza after my son's football game. Came home and saw it was 19 points in the Dining Out Companion. A sandwich would have been a lower points option, but I was freezing and the pizza was warm. I have used all of my weekly points plus one, but today am back firmly OP. I do not think I have lost anything this week, which is frustrating, but it is my own fault. I am just glad not to have given up for the millionth time because I had a bad day and messed up. If this is a lifelong journey, it makes no sense to just quit and give up because of one bad day.
amen! We've all been there. . just get up, brush yourself off and let's do it. . 19 points should be illegal. .by the way!!!

Make yourself some low point soup. . I made some white chili. .minus the chicken and it was only about 1 point per cup and kept me satisfied and filled up! I think it will be my new staple. . You can also do cabbage soup as it has zero points. . fill up on salad. . and add some lean protein and you should be good to go. . You'll lose. don't let one meal ruin your week. .not worth it!!! We can do this.

I also had a rocky day. . and plan to get right back on. .
Old 09-26-2011, 06:48 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

yup... Happy Monday.. and thank goodness it is a new week for us to start over again.. sigh..
I am stuck.. .. and at 152.6 this morning.. maybe it is TOM? coming up.. maybe its something else.. But.. I bet at the end it comes down to me.. and myself.. and my not so good choices.. argh

so.. today.. we will try try try again..
breakfast..
lunch...
and dinner will be planned.. measured and weight.. LOL. before I eat them..
because I notice that if I have to rethink.. and recalculate.. its usually TO LATE!!!!

for breakfast I had ... Jimmy D-light sandwich.. 6ppts
and.. coffee CREAMER!!! I always always forget to count that 2ppts

and I have to find out the ppts for lunch.. and dinner..

Exercise will be tonight with the dogs.. so.. I am going to focus again.. on today and counting ppts

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Happy Monday, all! You know what's puzzling me? I'm amazed at what I can actually eat and still stay within my points range (including the pointsplus allowance). In fact, this weekend I felt like I was eating MORE than usual (pre-WW). Of course, it may come back to bite me at the scale. We'll see...

Hope you all have a good day. I went a bit wild with fruit, so I'm going to try to limit it to 2/day and keep it to berries, melon or Granny Smith apples. Otherwise, I'm just going to keep tracking and eating by the numbers. My WW meeting is cancelled this week (leader on vacation), but I have my eTools and stuff to keep me honest.

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #96
Big Yapper!!!!

Shari.. I am having a very hard time sticking with the WW points now.. I remember before the new program I got 20ppts and I was STARVING, so when they moved to the new ppts and I got 29! I was thrilled... and for the first few weeks.. it was working.. but now.. I am having a difficult time..
I think the only way I can keep track of it .. is to track.. track.. track and I have not done that as well and diligently as I should..
so.. going back to it.. and yes.. overdone it with the fruits..
so.. now.. I stocked up on apples.. and frozen.. that is less tempting for me...

so i just had an apple.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

You've done SO well, bonehenge! What a big accomplishment! I've got about 90 to lose, so I'm far behind you, and for the moment, my enthusiasm is keeping me going.

Fruit is easier to grab than veggies--at least for me. An apple or banana or pear can be a lifesaver, but I know me, and the sugar in them doesn't help me much.

But you're right. Tracking is huge. I had kept a few of my food diaries from the last time I did WW, and I noticed that the times when my food tracking stopped, my losses stopped, too--or I just dropped out. Sigh. It's not easy, especially when you get busy with work, kids, etc. I hope I can keep it up over the long haul.

It sounds like you've got a plan, though--frozen & fruit. That's sure better than just throwing in the towel!! Hang in there!
Old 09-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Unfortunately. .the key is careful planning. . when you fail to plan you plan to fail. . .Tis true!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Patty-cake54
Stats: 239/210/165
WOE: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Start Date: November 2013
Good job all you "losers"!

Well for the first time since January 8, 2011 when I joined, I have not tracked a bite since last Monday. I was so frustrated over the meeting issues that I just took the week off tracking. I tracked in my head, however. We will see tonight when I got to the meeting and weigh in how, as Dr. Phil would say " that's workin' out for ya"! LOL!

Speaking of t.v. docs: I heard that Dr. Oz will have an audience filled with weight watcher leaders and that there is a big announcement concerning him and WW at the end of the show. His show comes on here in 30 minutes. Have ya'll heard anything about this?

I have mixed feelings about Dr. Oz: some of things come out of his mouth are as goofy as can be while others are right on the money. It will be interesting!
Patty-cake54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have mixed feelings about Dr. Oz: some of things come out of his mouth are as goofy as can be while others are right on the money.
Patty, I'm totally with you on that...Sometimes he's the king of the goofballs, but other times, his advice is worth heeding. Can't wait to hear what he's got cooking with WW! I was at home at lunchtime and saw him on The Chew, the new daytime cooking show. He seems to be all over the place these days.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
You've done SO well, bonehenge! What a big accomplishment! I've got about 90 to lose, so I'm far behind you, and for the moment, my enthusiasm is keeping me going.

That's sure better than just throwing in the towel!! Hang in there!

aw.. yup took me a looooong time to lose all the weight so far.. Ia m soooo slow.. and I have been stalled so many times.. but.. not gained more then 10lbs back at any time..
I weight myself every day.. and over the years.. I have changed my eating habits.. but .. I get lazy.. and to comfortable.. and I lose focus.. and yes..
then I need to find something that get me energized and motivated.

and so got to mix it up a little..
and the L4L is a good compromise between WW and LC.
I am hoping tomorrow to do better then I did today..
I think today was one of those days.. sigh.. where the plans changed several times.. and things just did not work out.. sigh.

so.. we got our plan.. and we will plan again tomorrow.. and hope it will be a better plan. LOL

so.. what I have learned over the years is NEVER give up.. NEVER give in.. and NEVER go back..
always look for another way.. to overcome and concour. Like hiking up a mountain.. LOL.. sometimes the shortest way is not going to get you there.. LOL
better to find another path.. take a little longer.. and just keep on going.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #102
Princess

Gallery: JillyBug
Hey everyone, just checking in. Nothing new to report, just plugging along, still on plan.

And my opinion of Dr Oz is middle of the road. Sometimes I think he has valid points and some times I think he's on a different planet.

I can NOT imagine only 18 points a day!!! I'm ashamed to say that I am eating 30 and it was 32 before I lowered it last week. (runs and hides)
JillyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Good morning! I joined WW online yesterday. The boards there are hard to get around. If anyone is a member there then look me up my user name is nacole33.

Hope everyone has a great on plan day.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #104
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: JONAH'S GRANNY
Stats: Way too much/115 lbs.
WOE: Low Calorie
Start Date: 01/03/2008/Originally 2003
Hi, I'm back. I've probably tried every WOE on these boards. This time I thought I would try WW. I joined the online WW also and am wondering if it was worth it. My start date is October 1 and am looking forward to being a part of your group.
JONAH'S GRANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONAH'S GRANNY View Post
Hi, I'm back. I've probably tried every WOE on these boards. This time I thought I would try WW. I joined the online WW also and am wondering if it was worth it. My start date is October 1 and am looking forward to being a part of your group.

I have been going between LC and WW for the last few years.. LOL
and when one stops working for me.. I switch to the other one. just to get going again..
I lost 20lb on my last go around with WW.. but for the last 6 mo stuck..
My own doing.. I am sure.. just got bored with the plan.. and to many choices.. and not enough discipline on my part.
If you are going to meetings, the most important thing is that you find a group and leader you are happy with.

I think part of my issue was that twice my leaders left.. and I had to find a new group and new leader. and the last time, my entire group changed from a reg members. to Mommy and ME.. LOL and well.. I am way past that stage in my life.. LOL

so.. find someone that clicks with you.. that you can identify with.. and that can get you motivated each week. I also found the e-tools very helpful, and if and when I get back to WW.. something I wills subscribe to again.

good luck with your journey...
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: JONAH'S GRANNY
Stats: Way too much/115 lbs.
WOE: Low Calorie
Start Date: 01/03/2008/Originally 2003
Well, my stats are a little off. That is what they were the last time I posted several months ago. Lets just say, I've been bad all Summer. My doctor couldn't believe how much weight I had gained in just a few months. I told my DH the other day I had nothing to wear and he said with all the clothes I had in my closet, I should have plenty to wear. I had to remind him those clothes are size 2 and 4; not the 8 I need these days.

Jonah gets a kiss from little Sister.
JONAH'S GRANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lancer1977
Stats: 297/More healthy/Very healthy
WOE: Atkins 72ish
Start Date: 9/23/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONAH'S GRANNY View Post
I told my DH the other day I had nothing to wear and he said with all the clothes I had in my closet, I should have plenty to wear.
Yeah know this one too well. My excuse was I hurt my back and somehow have a knot that will not go away in it now. Not sure if it was due to the dieting or what. So going to try to hold onto the wagon a bit tighter this time... As far as planning, I think it's always good to have backup plans. If I forget to take my lunch to work, I know the restaurants in the area I can hit to grab something satisfying thats within goal range.

Bonehenge - As far as cravings go, I avoid sweet snacks at all costs. Maybe it's all my previous LC training. A little bit of protein and fat always hit the spot, course light light on the fat area. A deviled egg, a small piece of chicken, maybe a tuna salad with 90% 0 point ingredients.
lancer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Dreamer37
Stats: 187/180/130
Well guys im back! I had back surgery july 5th and healing up nicely. I am however not working right now and having no income means I can not join WW again. So I am wondering if you have any suggestions for me to do the plan without joining. How do I know what points are in the foods???
Dreamer37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #109
Princess

The points formula is a highly guarded trade secret of WW, however you can find a points calculator online. I am doing WW on my own. I have a points calculator that I bought at WW. I just carry it in my purse and use it during the day.

To calculate the points you need to know, calories- fat- fiber.

Good luck!

Glad your surgery went well. I had mine out in January and had a stint put in my bile duct. Just got the stint out in August and am very happily eating and doing what I want with no pain!!

Last edited by JillyBug; 10-02-2011 at 04:27 PM..
Old 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer37 View Post
Well guys im back! I had back surgery july 5th and healing up nicely. I am however not working right now and having no income means I can not join WW again. So I am wondering if you have any suggestions for me to do the plan without joining. How do I know what points are in the foods???

there are other boards out there that support the WW plan.. I hope I won't get in trouble by suggesting DWLZ. also.. you.. I hate to just suggest it.. but I have seen many people do it..
Just go to ONE MEETING, the first one.. right now there is NO joining fee special in a lot of areas.. so you just pay... the visit.. for the one time.. and you will get your book and your point info.
and that will get you started and going on the WW program;

there are still the old WW programs available online.. you still can find the WW momentum.. or even the 1-2-3 success plan.. etc..
just google it..
the stuff is out there.

good luck with your recovery.. and hope you will be having some extra $ income soon.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Good morning all! Hope everyone has a good Monday.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Patty-cake54
Stats: 239/210/165
WOE: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Start Date: November 2013
Hey guys - I started a new thread for October! I don't know how to put the thingy on here where all you did is click and it takes you there. But check out the new thread - I'll meet you there!
Patty-cake54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lancer1977
Stats: 297/More healthy/Very healthy
WOE: Atkins 72ish
Start Date: 9/23/2011
so if I posted the formula which is extremly simple will the weight watchers gestapo come and have me thrown in a hole? I reverse engineered it a while back. Nice to be able to calculate points on the fly. :X
lancer1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #114
Princess

Yes, you will get the smack down from the WW police. Come join us in the new October thread.