Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
Thanks for the tip about the lemon water Patty-cake. I have trouble getting in my dairy, too. I drink unsweetened almond milk which has the calcium of cow's milk, but not the protein.

I also have trouble getting in the healthy oils, though I put a teaspoon in my oatmeal yesterday and could not tell the difference, so that may be something to do a lot of mornings.

Jilly, I have nights with points left, too. I am so afraid of running out by night time that I do not eat enough earlier in the day. I will have to find a rhythm at some point. I also find that I am not eating a very balanced diet most days either, just a lot of low point foods. I am not really much into cooking for just me, so I eat soup, sandwiches, popcorn, yogurt, fruit, etc.

I have my weigh in and meeting at ten. Wish me luck! I do not feel any change from last week at all.
For with God nothing shall be impossible. Luke 1:37

GOALS:1. Eat only foods that are healthy fuel for my body. 2. Eat only until no longer hungry. Satisfied, not full.
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
good morning to you all and a wonderful saturday..
WW challenge for this week also is to have at least one weekend day 100% on WW .. so I will try to do that today..
DH is at work.. ? LOL.. so I guess in all reality.. that really is not counting as a weekend day? LOL

Jillybug.. congrats on your -13lbs! that is wonderful!
and congrats to everyone else that has been successful this week.

we went out for dinner last night.. DH wanted Chicago Street foods.. meaning. hot dogs and fries.. sigh.
so.. I had a salad.. ranch on the side.. and italian beef.. other then the sodium.. it was ok.

for breakfast I am having blueberries mixed with 1/2c of oatmeal..
I tried the oats cooked just with water.. .. ended up mixing in some coffee mate.. LOL

lunch today will be for me cottage cheese and fruit..

and dinner.. the burgers we did not make yesterday...

I bought a lot of fresh fruits.. so.. I am set with that... for snacks..

I have an event to attend with one of our furry kids this morning.. but I should be home.. shortly after noon..

so.. off to wash a dog and then petsmart.. LOL

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Happy Monday morning, all! Had a pretty good weekend. Still tinkering around with points and attempting to stay fairly LC, as well. Had a steak, very small baked potato and grilled veggies w/olive oil on Saturday. It was SO good and not nearly as many points as I had expected. Also nice not to feel guilty about eating a bit of potato.

Started today with coffee & cream, plus some cottage cheese and a lovely ripe tomato. Delish!! No hungries for me today--and that's important to keep me on track.

Still don't know what my daily points are supposed to be, because my first meeting last Wed was just an open house. But I'll get my "magic number" on Wed and can really get into it then.

Hope you all have a great day!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lynnport
Day 1 down... It was easy to stay within points... I felt guilty eating fruit without having to count carbs... so far I'm in!!!
lynnport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:56 AM   #65
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: abbynormal
WOE: WW
Start Date: obviously not today
Swinging through to say hello. I'm swamped between work and home and a special project I'm involved in. I've had to discipline myself to stay away from the computer so I can get the other things done. Miss you guys.

I dropped my online subscription when it came due the first of this month although I continue to count points using my points calculator that I bought when they had a little special for BOGO. One for me and one for DH. I'm breathing down the neck of 30# so I'm feeling good about staying on plan.

Keep up the great work here!
The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized in the lifetime of that opportunity. ~P.Wilson
We can fear or we can care. ~ Susan M. Grant
abbynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #66
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning ladies.

Well, I was right about last week and it was pretty discouraging. I ended up being up .2 of a pound. I know that may not seem like much, but I am nowhere near TOM and I did not cheat at all.

I have stayed faithfully OP and got on the treadmill Sunday, too. Then last night I had a large cappucino with French Vanilla creamer from 7-11. I have no idea how to count it really, so I went with 35 points to be safe. I hope that is enough. Today I have a lunch thing at work, too, and they are ordering in Mexican. There is a menu online but no nutritional information at all. I have ordered a chicken taco salad and will not eat the shell, but I have no idea how to count that, either. I really want to do well, and enjoy the freedom that WW allows, but not knowing how to count these kinds of things is hard.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #67
Big Yapper!!!!

good morning and a wonderful Tuesday to you all.
I am still hovering around the 150lb mark.. sigh.
Yesterday Iwas down.. 149.5lbs .. this morning Iam up 1lb again.. and 150.5lbs. sigh.
I am trying hard to stick with the points..and count..and make good choices.. but..my weightloss is just cRAWLing.. along..
got to go to the gym and workout .. and hopefully burn up a few calories.. and help it along.. but it is frustrating... sigh.. would be so easy just to through my hands up and say this is it.. and to be happy and satisfied with what I got..
we went out for lunch yesterday.. BBQ place.. and I tried to eat only half..of my plate.. meats and 1/2 baked potato... I had the toppings on the side.. and I splurged and used 1/2 of them.. and I guess that was to much.. argh..

today.. we have a dinner meeting at a famous steakhouse.. but I know already I will have grilled fish of something... with very little of the sides...
grilled veggies most likely.. and ask for NO SALT on the fish.
and I hope it will be ok.. for my WW weigh in tomorrow.

so... you all have a great day... and stay on TARGET... LOL
Old 09-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #68
Princess

Gallery: JillyBug
Hey everyone, thought I would check in. Sounds like everyone is doing great!

Nothing new to report. Still plugging along and have lots of points left over. Tonight it was 15. I ate 10 of those and have 5 left. It's 6:30, so I need to think of something to eat. I am really still debating on lowering my points. I might try for a couple of weeks and see how I feel.
JillyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

good morning you all..
well.. WW meeting and weigh in for me... and I am afraid I will not show any loss.. again.. sigh.
I think I might have lost a little in inches? some pants fit me better? more lose? maybe just my imagination and hopeful thinking.. maybe the pants just stretched out a bit! sigh...

so.. we go and weight in.. and well.. probably give a big "SIGH" when we step back off..

hope to get to the gym again this afternoon... and get my workout in..

hoping for a big woooooshi over the next few days.. just got to keep going.. sigh.

for lunch.. something light.. HG salmon salad?
and dinner.. hmmm.. don' t know yet.. something small and uncomplicated.

hope you all are having a wonderful Wednesday and week so far.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Patty-cake54
Stats: 239/210/165
WOE: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Start Date: November 2013
Well I made it through the 4-day challenge to stay on point by barely (by the hair of my chinny chin chin!). The weekend was filled with family activities, a baby shower, and way too much drama. Queen Patty had to step in a couple of times and mediate and that just makes me irritable.

I found out at the baby shower that the new leaders would be starting back up in my little town on Saturday beginning October 1st. I am soooo doing the happy dance! Monday I finished my third 3-month tracker and so I have also decided to just chill until then and start afresh with a new 3-month tracker on that day. I am going to eat the same I have been doing and just not worry so much about tracking. So far I am doing great. I think I have the plan so engrained in my head that I can stay on track. At least until October 1st. There's just no way I would quit going to the meetings altogether. I am just not strong enough.

I had my yearly gynie appointment yesterday and she was tickled I had lost weight and my blood pressure was under control. That was a big boost! I told her I had joined WW and she seemed pleased about that as well.

I am a WW girl and proud of it!

I hope everybody has a great day!
Patty-cake54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:19 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

well.. congrats Patty..
'for staying on the program and making it through last weeks challenging week.. that is really something you can be proud off.
Maybe I should by me one of those 3 mo trackers?

I went to the meeting.. weight in... no change.. no loss..but no gain either.. and I stuck with the plan for about 4 days.. if I am including the exercise.. food wise and tracking I did pretty got for the whole week.. but I think I still need to get more daily exersice in.. 3-4x a week is just not going to do it for me.. sigh..
so.. today.. I will at least walk tonight with the dogs.. won't make it to the gym.. but I will get a walk in..

this weeks challenge is to make time... for the program.. time to exercise and time to eat right.. so.. I am going to try..try.. try again.. sigh.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Well...just went to my first official meeting, and I lost 4 pounds last week. Even without knowing my points range, eating a huge cinnamon roll from the state fair and going out for Mexican food, I still lost. Amazing.

So, our leader will be on vacation next week, so I'll have to go TWO weeks without weighing. Here's hoping that I can stick with it the whole time AND come out with a good loss! I can now get to e-tools and have my first-week literature, so I think I'm good.

Good going with the family, Patty. Sometimes it can make you go crazy, I know!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Shari, that is awesome!

Monika, I love the 3-month tracker! I love having a place to make my weekly goals, write my thoughts, etc. I bought a bunch of stickers - like "good job" and "what were you thinking" type things - motivational stuff - and I put them in the tracker. I have put theater tickets in there and other mementos from my life. I use it as I would a life journal.

I used to keep just regular journals but now I use this and track my points along with my every day life. I know - it's weird huh?
Old 09-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty-cake54 View Post
Shari, that is awesome!

Monika, I love the 3-month tracker! I love having a place to make my weekly goals, write my thoughts, etc.

I used to keep just regular journals but now I use this and track my points along with my every day life. I know - it's weird huh?
LOL no not weird at all. I am thinking that is just what I need to do... something just a little different... to keep me going...
I have one more prepaid stamp in my book.. and I think I will use it and then just take a break from the meetings.. and go just with the e-tools at home.. and the ww website.. and the BB on here.
My LCF have been extremely helpful.. and I actually seem to get more support and motivation from you all.. then the weekly meetings..

but then.. I have been at it for sooooooo long.. I think I just need to shake things up a bit.

thanks for the sticker idea.. I will give that a try.. and buy the 3 mo tracker next week..
Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #75
Princess

I have a question. I eat pre-packaged meals, because it's easy for lunch and I don't like to cook with just me here most of the time.

1) WHY do they have to be filled with white rice and pasta. (I know, it's because it's cheap) White rice is one of the worst foods you can eat in relation to the Glycemic Load index. They should use brown rice and whole wheat pasta.

2) WHY have Healthy Choice meals not improved, since the last time I ate one, in 1990???!!!

Where is the puking smiley when I need it?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:49 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyBug View Post
I have a question. I eat pre-packaged meals, because it's easy for lunch and I don't like to cook with just me here most of the time.

1) WHY do they have to be filled with white rice and pasta. (I know, it's because it's cheap) White rice is one of the worst foods you can eat in relation to the Glycemic Load index. They should use brown rice and whole wheat pasta.

2) WHY have Healthy Choice meals not improved, since the last time I ate one, in 1990???!!!

Where is the puking smiley when I need it?

there you go.. LOL
I like the lean Cuisine meals better.. but or the Cafe steamers.. but.. I have not bought any in a very long time now..
there was just never enough for me there..
Old 09-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Some of the Lean Cuisine meals have the brown rice and whole wheat pasta. I think they are called the "spa selections" or something like that. I have gotten them before and they were just fine. They seemed to be a little lower in sodium as well.

I had one of the new WW "steamers" for supper tonight. The chicken and broccoli alfredo one. It was okay and did what I asked it to do - supper in a pinch - since I was completely worn out from work today.

I am having to go to Plan B. I learned that the WW meetings will not begin here in my old location until October 15th. On October 15th I will be at the beach. The next Saturday I will be out of town as well. The following Saturday is the 29th and my birthday and we have huge fundraiser that day for the service organization I am involved with. Arghhh!!!!

I am really irritated to tell the truth. I am torn - do I just wait to go back to meetings on the 29th of October or do I go ahead and go back on Mondays across the river. I hate it when I don't get my way!!!!! (Whining DOES earn a few activity points surely!)
Old 09-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about the meeting issues, Patty. That is frustrating. I guess if you can keep track without the meeting support, then you'd be OK to wait. But if you need check-ins, it might be worth going across the river. YES! Whining DOES earn activity points! Go have some nuts or something! Ha!

I have never liked frozen meals, so I just don't buy them. The pizzas are about the only thing I ever remotely liked.

Speaking of carbs/starches...I made LindaSue's Chinese Fried "Rice": Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Wow! It was SO delicious, and my family had no idea it wasn't real rice. I added green peas to ours (DD hates onions, so I used the peas in place of it), sliced up some leftover pork tenderloin. Fabulous. And 1/4 of the recipe was just 5 points (not counting pork)!! I don't want to get burned out on it, but I may start making it, packaging in meal-sized batches and keeping in the fridge or even the freezer for those times when I might be tempted to grab something not so good for me...
Old 09-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: IM2fat
Stats: 190/177/150/140
WOE: Stillmans / ww pp
Start Date: WW Life changing April 28 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHinOK View Post
Hey, all, I'm jumping in here with you. I posted a few days ago about trying to do WW and LC together, and I really think it will work well for me. My workplace started a WW at Work class yesterday, and I signed up. It was really just an open house, so I didn't get the REAL literature yet, but I've got enough info to ease into it this week and be ready to roll full blast next week.

I've done WW off and on since 1973 and LC off and on since 2000, so I've seen and done the good, bad and ugly of both plans. But the more I read and hear about Points Plus, I think it will be good for me. I'm thrilled that they're now taking carbs into account. I'd rather eat real food than packaged, processed "diet" food, and this new plan allows for that easily. And at my meeting, they were handing out WW snack samples, and people were buying boxes & boxes of them to take home. Plus, it was was a fat-free food fest for most of the people there, and that doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd rather have a little bit of real, full-fat food than FF anything. So, my food tracker will look a LOT different from the others in my class, but I'm thinking that'll be a good thing.

BUT....I really want this to be the LAST TIME I lose this weight!!! EVER!! I've probably lost and gained over 1,000 pounds in the last 10 years, and I'm sick & tired of it. Yesterday, I weighed in at my highest weight ever. Sheesh. I weighed more than I did the day my last child was born 14 years ago. Talk about a wake-up call.

So, I may not post every day, but I'll be checking in here from time to time. Hope everybody has a great day!
Awesome post.. Let's do this for the last and final time!!! I've done it all too. .my baby will be 9 this year and I need to do something. . My oldest graduates this year and I need to be in shape!! Spring is around the corner!!
IM2fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #80
Big Yapper!!!!

well. just popping in real quick for the day...
Patty.. understand your frustration..
I will do the next week ww meeting... and then take off from attending for a few month.
I think I can do it at home.. with the e-tools and hopefully my little 3 mo journal.
I have 2 month of dogshows coming up.. meaning.. lots of weekend travel.. and eating... well. at the hotels or show grounds.
I am planning on taking alot of my own food and cook out with a camping stove and try to keep eating out to a min.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, im2fat...Let's do it!!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #82
Big Yapper!!!!

TGIF you all..
not much to report here..
had Kashi blueberry waffles with Brummel for breakfast 5ppts total
and a large mango for my snack.
No Loss to report here.. sigh.. just going to take it one meal. and one day at a time.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

I have had a tough week. Had a gain of .2 of a pound last week, but then got the flu this week. Ate off plan Wednesday, and yesterday ate a Subway cheese pizza after my son's football game. Came home and saw it was 19 points in the Dining Out Companion. A sandwich would have been a lower points option, but I was freezing and the pizza was warm. I have used all of my weekly points plus one, but today am back firmly OP. I do not think I have lost anything this week, which is frustrating, but it is my own fault. I am just glad not to have given up for the millionth time because I had a bad day and messed up. If this is a lifelong journey, it makes no sense to just quit and give up because of one bad day.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

I am not doing so well today.. sigh..
had a good start..
two Kashi waffles. with brummel 6ppts
and then large mango for snack..

sushi for lunch... 10ppts
and banana and grapes for snack

and now.. I had.. another fruit.. pear,
coffee.. with creamer.. 2ppts
canadian bacon, 3ppts
chips...3ppts
sigh..

I am running out of pts quickly....

dinner.. I got left over salmon salad 3ppts
and farmers bread 3ppt

at least 30ppts already.. not even counting.. the little bite and nibble here and there..
argh

tomorrow.. I am attending the
women in the outdoors event..
and I know there be breakfast and lunch served..
and I have signed up for the dutch oven cooking class among.. my choices.. sigh...
so.. it will be another challenging day for me tomorrow..
I am sooooo weeeeeeeeak!!!! argh.....
Old 09-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #85
Princess

Good Morning Ladies! 2 more pounds down. Woo Hoo! Today I am eating breakfast at IHOP and having the Simple and Fit 2x2 , 7 points. I have an old dining out guide, and I have my points calculator in case we eat lunch out somewhere. I'm also taking a snack.

Fail to plan = plan to fail.

Have a great day!
JillyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hi ladies, I'm still doing good here. Weigh in day was on Thursday and I lost 3.4 lbs.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Weigh in went well this morning. I lost 2.6 pounds beyond the .2 of a pound I had gained last week. Went to Hobby Lobby and got a pretty swag for the front door, and some clearance spray paint for my patio set. It was rusting, and now it looks like new for $20! (Only now I am covered in paint.)
Old 09-25-2011, 08:23 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Hi ladies, I'm still doing good here. Weigh in day was on Thursday and I lost 3.4 lbs.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

that is fabulous! congrats
Old 09-25-2011, 08:24 AM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmom View Post
Weigh in went well this morning. I lost 2.6 pounds beyond the .2 of a pound I had gained last week. Went to Hobby Lobby and got a pretty swag for the front door, and some clearance spray paint for my patio set. It was rusting, and now it looks like new for $20! (Only now I am covered in paint.)

congrats on your awesome loss, too..
Love Hobby Lobby.. dangerous place for me..
Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

well Happy Sunday to all your WW out there..
had an OFF eating day yesterday.. women in the OUTDOOR event! had a blast.. loved every min off it.. except the food.. it was good.. but not excactly WW friendly.
so.. we are paying for it today..

had WW Quinoa and apple breakfast cereal.. and it was good.. but.. not very filling.. sigh..
so.. I am having a fruit (asian pear) now..
was so mad.. bought white faced peaches.. and well.. they all went into the trash.. still hard/firm on the outside.. but rotten at the pit.. and tasting like..
that is the second time that I bought them from other then Sam's and both times I ended up throwing them out..
I have found over the last years that costco and sam's both have better produce then the smaller chain stores.
Not going to waste my money again..

going to try to make it to the gym this afternoon for a work out.. they are open till 3PM