Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 08:16 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Patty-cake54
Stats: 239/210/165
WOE: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Start Date: November 2013
Christa, that sounds so dang good! I may make that this week!
Patty-cake54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #32
Princess

Gallery: JillyBug
Hi everyone, do you mind if I join in? I re-started WW a couple of weeks ago and I really need some online support. And I don't want to pay WW to join their site since I have the tools to do it myself.

Since I haven't been to a meeting in a LONG time, I am doing the Points and not the Points Plus. I'm not even sure how the Points Plus works. I have a point calculator and am just calculating the points myself. I'm trying to keep the food choices simple.

I have done WW once before with moderate success (30 pounds gone) but I think I got sick and went off plan and then never went back on. Then I had gallbladder problems and several re-attempts at doing LC which never worked. Anyway, here I am.

I have lost about 6 pounds. I know in the past I lost about 2 pounds a week if I didn't cheat. But I weigh a lot and get a lot of points now so it's not that difficult. When the points start getting smaller, things will get harder.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all and getting some tips of the trade.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Jillybug! My niece in law just had her 4th baby (another girl - that's 4! Talk about activity points!) Anyway, she lost a bunch of weight between babies 3 and 4 and now wants to go back on WW. She was most distressed over the new points plus plan since she knew the old one so well. I encouraged her to do the old plan but be mindful not to mix the two and she would do great.

I just wished at 56 I had the "losing the baby fat" excuse! LOL!

Good luck to you and we're hear to cheer you on!

I have my weigh in today. Biggest dilemma so far: do I go weigh in this morning and NOT stay for meeting or go at 5:00 and weigh in and stay for the meeting, knowing I probably will way between a smidge and boat load from morning to evening.

Still on the fence. I will decide when I see how the morning progresses. It IS Monday after all!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: his_cinderella
Stats: 223.0/223.0/140
Start Date: April 2013
Good morning everyone!!

Ive been MIA for..well..most of the month...between going back to work now that school has started and my night classes it's amazing I find time to pee...

I'm home sick today which is giving me the chance to finally catch up with everything here!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!!
his_cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back Stephanie! Some times life just gets in the way of our "computer" time! Have a great day!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Okay, so I went to the morning weigh in and stayed for the meeting! Yay me! That's the good news. The bad news is... I gained .8 of a pound! Well poot! But considering it had been a couple of weeks since I weighed in, I was okay. I can live with it - but not for long!

The motivation at the meeting was just what I needed to be encouraged to continue. I have never stayed for this meeting and didn't know any of the people there. But it was such a wonderfully inviting group! There was one lady there who had once weighed over 400 pounds. She was doing great and had lost down to 204 pounds when she became ill. Terrible story, but the short version was that she was bedridden for almost 6 months and couldn't exercise, follow the WW plan, and continue with her successful losing. She was at the mercy of others for her meal planning and the meds played "whaley" with her body. Her prognosis was not very good, but thankfully she has recovered and was back at her first WW meeting since she'd been sick and best of all, she had only gained about 10 pounds. What a remarkable story!

And to think I would have missed that inspiration had I just chosen to weigh in and not stayed for the meeting. It put my .8 gain in perspective yet it also made me a tad ashamed of myself. I had gained not because of illness or some tragic circumstance. I had gained - even if it was a smidge - because I was lazy. Pure and simple.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #37
Princess

Good Evening Everyone! Sounds like everyone is doing great! Patty-cake, that sounds like an outstanding WW meeting. I love it when there is someone who is an inspiration. It make you realize it really is doable.

It's 7:20 here and I have 5 points left. This seems to be a recurrent theme. I kind of wonder if I should lower my points but I am eating the correct amount of points for my weight, so better leave well enough alone.

I have a mini goal. I have a pair of black jeans that I bought last winter. I washed them, before I wore them even once, and they shrank. At one time they would not fasten. Friday I got them on, zipped and buttoned but had really bad muffin top. So my goal is to be able to comfortably wear those in public. If I lose 10 pounds, that probably will do the trick.

We can do this!
JillyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
I have recommitted to the exercise. No matter what, I have to get my jog/walk in. If I do I have the energy to manage my life, but I never feel like I have the energy to exercise. A vicious cycle that I am going to break!

Before dinner tonight I did 2.3 miles jogging/walking. I feel good. Now I am having chicken breasts with fat and skin removed that I quick sealed in a hot pan then put in a baking dish with lots of garlic and onions and a can of FF cream of chicken soup and 1 can of sour milk and baked. Then I made boiled potatoes and green beans with onions and turkey bacon baked in the oven. I also made light rolls and had 1/2 of one with a dab of my home made peach jam.

Weigh-in tomorrow so we will see how it goes. I am going to jog to the meeting, 3 miles down hill, and walk home!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

The slurping sound you hear is my mouth drooling over Christa's dinner! OMG - that sounds so good!

I had pokeno last night and we had it at a Mexican restaurant. Our hostess, a friend I have known since first grade, didn't want to clean up her house, so she reserved the private dining room and selected our meal for us. It was pretty good point wise - grilled chicken and shrimp with onions and bell pepper over some Mexican rice with a very light cheese sauce. So light - you almost couldn't see it. It was very tasty! I didn't eat the chips and salsa (mainly because the chips were the thick kind and not the thin kind - I'm sort of a chips snob I suppose!). She brought an Italian cream cheese CAKE for half-time dessert. Fortunately I do not like coconut!

I drank a ton of water and they were playing Spanish music incessantly during the entire evening so I would jump up and dance between pokeno games. They said at WW to find a chance to get up and move so I did! LOL!

I hope everybody is having a great day!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: his_cinderella
Stats: 223.0/223.0/140
Start Date: April 2013
I just got a flyer in the mail about special pricing...I think I'm going to go back to the meetings...I think I need that...We were doing meetings at work so maybe they will start them up again...that would be AWESOME!!!
his_cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: bonehenge
Stats: 245/145/130?
WOE: LFL-WW
Start Date: July 2004
anymore room for one more WW that needs support?
bonehenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hi everyone!

Welcome Bonehenge, theres always room for more!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:30 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have I told y'all how much I WW PP? Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I'm only 2 lbs away from being down 50 lbs on WW but 60 lbs from my heaviest weight. So I'm hoping to lose those 2 lbs so I can reward myself.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

thanks letting me in.... and congrats Nikki to your weight loss..
WW meeting and weigh in for me today.. and.. sigh.. I am up another lb! sigh...
My experiment for this week did NOT work.. obviously.. I can't fill up on fruits and veggies.. and they do count! sigh..
so..
staring new again ... and working on ww healthy guidelines.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Monika! I feel as though I know you already since I have been "snooping" on the other thread. Your progress is amazing!

Yesterday was a day where "if you fail to plan you plan to fail" could not have rang more true for me. I had to work very late last night and had not really planned what supper would be. Usually that is not a problem - make a salad, nuke a WW frozen meal, or turkey sammich. However, I was so exhausted but stinkin' starving when I got home that the effort of even putting together a salad seemed daunting. So I ate two pieces of 40 cal whole wheat bread with some turkey crammed in it. Then some grapes. Too many grapes. Then a fat free weiner in another piece of low cal bread. Then some more grapes. I was well within my points, but it finally dawned on me that I had long past easing the hunger pang and had dived right into feeding the exhaustion emotion. So I took a bath and went to bed - thankfully - before I found myself eating any more!

I would love to say that I will not let that happen again, but I know that it will. However, I wrote in my 3-month tracker/journal under "thoughts for today", I will do my best to be better prepared the next time I have a late night at the law office. Some days that is all I can ask of myself - just do the best I can.

Oh a more positive note - I am getting off early today, walking with a friend, and then going to another friend's house for the Big Brother Finale. Her husband is following the 17-day diet and he is a wonderful cook so dinner is on him! He is planning to make chicken bundles - a boneless skinless breast cooked in foil with veggies with light olive oil and a spritz of balsamic vinegar and light seasonings. Doesn't that sound yummy?

Nikki - you are rockin' this plan girl! I am so proud of you (and motivated too!)

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

well.. as I suspected I was up 1lb today..
sigh..
so.. the meeting was good.. trying to get us to refocus and follow the plan.. and yes.. the "fail to plan.. and plan to fail!" was the point topic.. LOL
and they ask us.. or challenged us to at least try to follow the prgram 100% for at least 4 days.. soooo I can do that.. I will do that.. LOL

that means I still have to get my exersice in.. and at least take a walk around the block in a little bit..
or sometime tonight.. LOL

doing ok with the ppts so far.. don't have much left for dinner.. but we will do what we can.. and fill up with greens and fruit.. etc..

Hope everyone else had a good day.. and been successful on the plan.

http://www.vonbonehenge.com/misc/fat-days.html
Monika

Old 09-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

While at my friends' house tonight I read most of the 17-Day Diet between commercials during Big Brother. My friend's husband is following the plan and has lost, according to him, 12 pounds or so. While looking through the book, I found a couple of things I could use as I continue my WW journey: the lemon in the hot water every morning may be something good to do. Not eating carbohydrates after 2:00 might be a good idea. Limiting red meat is something I have done already and continues to be in my best interest. I now eat a juice rib eye as a real treat.

Also, I really wish Dr. Moreno was my doctor! He's just precious! I enjoyed reading the book just to hear him "speak" and get his take on things. Really good.

But there were too many things I found to be restrictive. That is what I have enjoyed about the Points Plus plan of WW this time - the lack of total restrictions.

Monica, at our meeting we were challenged to do the program for 5 days. I think I like 4 better! I am going to start tomorrow my 4-day challenge and incorporate the restricted carbs idea - except I think 2:00 might be a tad too early for me - maybe something more like 4 or 5 o'clock!

Surely I can do anything for just 4 days, right?

It's been a long day. Hope ya'll have a good night!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:05 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty-cake54 View Post
the lemon in the hot water every morning may be something good to do.

It's been a long day. Hope ya'll have a good night!

good morning to you all..

Patty, thanks for reminding me of the lemon water.. LOL.. my goodness.. I forgotten all about it.. I used to do it every day.. way back during my Richard Simmons day! LOL
when was that? early 80's! LOL..

I will go back to it.. starting! TOMORROW! ..

I already had breakfast and coffee now..

and a Jimmy D-light sandwich.. 6ppts
its easy for me to fix.. portion control and filling..

I think we will have cottage cheese and pineapple for lunch.. because.. dinner will be at a FOOD COURT!!!! LOL... YUP.. junk food tonight..
fast food ...

thank goodness there is a subway.. and I probably will go there for my meal...

yesterday was a 80%?? on WW plan.. because I did not get my exersice in.. was set on a walk with the dogs.. but we had a bad storm and lost power for a few hours.. soooo

today.. i am going to the gym.. and get my workout in.. and then.. all I have to do is stick with the rest of the plan.. LOL
Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SHinOK
Start Date: April 2000
Hey, all, I'm jumping in here with you. I posted a few days ago about trying to do WW and LC together, and I really think it will work well for me. My workplace started a WW at Work class yesterday, and I signed up. It was really just an open house, so I didn't get the REAL literature yet, but I've got enough info to ease into it this week and be ready to roll full blast next week.

I've done WW off and on since 1973 and LC off and on since 2000, so I've seen and done the good, bad and ugly of both plans. But the more I read and hear about Points Plus, I think it will be good for me. I'm thrilled that they're now taking carbs into account. I'd rather eat real food than packaged, processed "diet" food, and this new plan allows for that easily. And at my meeting, they were handing out WW snack samples, and people were buying boxes & boxes of them to take home. Plus, it was was a fat-free food fest for most of the people there, and that doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd rather have a little bit of real, full-fat food than FF anything. So, my food tracker will look a LOT different from the others in my class, but I'm thinking that'll be a good thing.

BUT....I really want this to be the LAST TIME I lose this weight!!! EVER!! I've probably lost and gained over 1,000 pounds in the last 10 years, and I'm sick & tired of it. Yesterday, I weighed in at my highest weight ever. Sheesh. I weighed more than I did the day my last child was born 14 years ago. Talk about a wake-up call.

So, I may not post every day, but I'll be checking in here from time to time. Hope everybody has a great day!

Tired of looking like the "before" picture. I'm ready to be an AFTER!!

"No creature ever died for lack of STARCH." -- Dr. Rob Thompson
SHinOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hey Shari! Welcome aboard!

Monika, I bought a sack of lemons and then I forgot the lemon water! LOL! I do think I need a keeper! LOL!

Today is day one of the 4-day challenge of 100%:

For breakfast I had coffee and a boiled egg. I am hooked on boiled eggs!

Mid-morning snack: 1 cup of low fat milk.

Lunch will be: Sports Bar across the street from work - will walk over there and enjoy a grilled chicken breast, green beans, and salad - I'll take my own dressing.

Mid-afternoon snack: WW yogurt (gotta get that dairy in!)

Supper will be: grilled pork chop, turnip greens, small sweet potato. The weather is cloudy and cool today and comfort food just seems appropriate!

I had planned on not eating any major carbs for dinner, but I think I will be okay with a sweet potato spritzed with some ICBINB and maybe a spritz of Olive Oil to get my oils in.

I am trying to follow those GHG's the best I can!

I am also drinking more water these days. I am not making a big deal about it, because when I do, inevitably I don't keep it up. However, just asking for water at meals when I eat out, grabbing a bottle when I take my vitamin in the morning and finishing it on the way to work, and another bottle here or there when I think about it has helped a lot. Sure I could drink more and give my Splenda tea and one diet coke, but baby steps, you know?

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Patty, sounds like you got day one of the challenge in the bag, good job!

I lost 2.2 lbs this week that puts me at 50 lbs total loss! My next goal is 249.

to all who stop in!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lynnport
I've done Atkins, Protein Power, and recently tried South Beach. I've never tried WW because so much junk food has been allowed on their program. Then I realized... if I can't eat an Inn and Out burger occasionally then when I do I binge. I signed up for the get one month free online. I have trouble eating as much protein as I need to on PP and Atkins is too high fat for me. So here I go with another program. I know a lot about calories, carbs, fats, and protein (like all of us who've been doing this for years). I know I could just count calories, but decided that maybe paying for a program would make me more accountable. I'm starting on Monday... I'm going to give it my all!!! I figure if I want eat my football food, I have to save my extra points for Sunday.
lynnport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lynn!! Good luck and come back and post often. We will be here to support you all the way.

Happy Friday ladies!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lilmrschevy
Start Date: March 2, 2011
See everyone is doing good. Lost 3lbs this week. Have been trying to get back on track.
lilmrschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:05 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: srsmom
Stats: 196/178.4/140 5'3.5"
WOE: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead juice on since 12/27/13
Start Date: May 22, 2004
Hi all!! TGIF!!

Last week went really well, and I have stayed pretty much OP all of this week, too. Exercised twice, but, for me, that is monumental. It had been MONTHS before that.

So, what is the hot lemon water supposed to do?

I do not feel like I have lost any more this week. Weigh in is in the morning, so I guess we shall see.

Hope you all have an awesome day!
srsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Patty, sounds like you got day one of the challenge in the bag, good job!

I lost 2.2 lbs this week that puts me at 50 lbs total loss! My next goal is 249.

to all who stop in!

that is wonderful! congrats....
Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

good morning and TGIF to you all...
sounds like most of you all had a great week...
mine.. eh.. meh... not so much... LOL
still struggling here.. not with the program.. but with myself.. staying disciplined and focused.

I did good last night on our little eating out adventure... Felt like the BL temptation challenge.. LOL
I stuck to Subway sandwich yesterday.. had the baked crispy chicken.. eh.. not so great.. wont order that again.. but.. t hahat is all I had.. for my drink i went to the starbucks and had a skinny latte... so that was good too..

I had 1/2c oatmeal for breakfast.. with sf hot chocolate powder.. it was very very filling.. I feel like overfull.. LOL
4ppts total.. so.. tomorrow I will have that with blue berries.. instead of the hot chocolate.. saving me the 1ppts

Lunch.. I don't know yet.. greek yogurt or cottage cheese with fruit..
and dinner tonight will be burgers.. on light wheat.. with fixings..
and for snacks..fruits... ? and I hope that that will do it for me today.. and I can stick with the point... and I will remember this weeks WW motto:. "Fail to Plan.. = Plan to fail!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonehenge, I love the motto. Tomorrow morning I have a Relay For Life team meeting. Being that I'm a cake decorator everyone always counts on me to bring cake. But I want to make sure there is something there that I can eat too so I'll bake the cake and I bought some fresh strawberries, oranges and grapes to take a fruit tray as well. So everyone will be happy .
Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
See everyone is doing good. Lost 3lbs this week. Have been trying to get back on track
.Good job!

Today has been a long day. I made it through, but there were moments when I wanted to take a break. I can't explain where it is coming from. I just know I had to plow through and keep my head in the game.

For breakfast I had a boiled egg and coffee. I meant to have my mid-morning snack of some skim milk, but got busy and forgot. My brother is in the hospital and I went to visit him.

Lunch was later, so I made a turkey sandwich with mayo, lettuce, tomato on 2 pieces of whole wheat bread; a bowl of Amy's organic tomato soup. It is awesome if you have not tried it!

Meant to have a yogurt in the afternoon to get that dairy in, but forgot it too.

Supper was 2 pieces of baked tilapia, turnip greens and 1/2 cup slaw. I had grapes and cantaloup.

I met all of my GHG's except that stupid dairy! I may at least have some skim milk before bedtime, but I would have to have 2 full cups to get the 2 servings of dairy I've missed. Don't see that happening!

Quote:
So, what is the hot lemon water supposed to do?
The lemon in hot water first thing in the morning is supposed to clean out your innerds and prepare the body for digestion. At least I think that's what he said in that book. I read somewhere that models have the hot water and lemon first thing every morning to aid in digestion.

I hope everybody has a great night!
Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #60
Princess

Hey all. Glad to see everyone is doing well!
I weighed today and between my stint on Atkins and WW, I've lost 13 pounds since April so I'm claiming it. My official weigh in is Sunday. About 7 of that was on WW. 7 in 3 weeks and I cheated for 3 days when my boyfriend was here.
I am still having problems using all my points. Tonight I had 6 points left over at 8:30 PM. I also am eating junk because I just don't want to cook. Bad, I know.
Tomorrow a friend and I are eating breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. I don't know if you have one near any of you or not. They are wonderful, but OMGosh, the calories and fat!! It's hard to find anything under 800 calories. I'm going to end up eating a scrambled egg (2 points) and 3 turkey sausage (3 points). I could also have an english muffin for 3 points. We'll see. I don't want to waste a lot of points on a fattening breakfast.
Have a good weekend everyone!
JillyBug is offline   Reply With Quote