Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Dukan Diet -- Stunning September! Impossible things happen! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/733519-dukan-diet-stunning-september-impossible-things-happen.html)

LivinLoCarb 08-31-2011 04:34 PM

Dukan Diet -- Stunning September! Impossible things happen!

Our new Dukan thread for September!

And because these daft and dewey-eyed dopes keep building up impossible hopes,
Impossible things are happening every day.
Cinderella: It's possible.
Fairy Godmother: It's possible.

Here's a Dukan FAQ thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-plan-fyi.html

Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

iamfaithful 08-31-2011 04:54 PM

I'm on board! It will be a terrific month for all!

Bejewelme 08-31-2011 05:43 PM

LLC= good one hun, I knew you could do it, I am missing Becky!!!

Sept is a good month, my Bday, my son's bday, my niece and her daddy, and my one year low carb anniversary so far at 102 pounds lost, I have until 9/27 why I started on my son's B-day last year I have no clue but I sure am glad I did, never htought I would be typing you all here 102 pounds lighter!!!!

iamfaithful 08-31-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bejewelme (Post 14964746)
LLC= good one hun, I knew you could do it, I am missing Becky!!!

Sept is a good month, my Bday, my son's bday, my niece and her daddy, and my one year low carb anniversary so far at 102 pounds lost, I have until 9/27 why I started on my son's B-day last year I have no clue but I sure am glad I did, never htought I would be typing you all here 102 pounds lighter!!!!

So :clap::clap::clap: for you!

amazinggrace911 08-31-2011 07:35 PM

:kicking::clap::high5::hugs::hugs:

stilldews 09-01-2011 01:05 AM

Lenise, I work nights and think the most important things is just to be prepared. I eat right before going to work and call that breakfast, then about 3-4 hours later have something like a salad with tuna or other protein or on PP days some protein I've brought from home along with some Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Eat a snack about 3 hours later. Maybe chicken lunch meat spread with fat free cream cheese and rolled up. Then eat again 3-4 hours later, so end up with 3 meals and a snack. I know if I don't eat about every 3 hours, I will be tempted by the junk food that is always around, so just make sure to always bring something with me.

Bejewelme, you are such an inspiration to those of us just getting started. You look wonderful!

Phaedra 09-01-2011 04:44 AM

YEA:kicking: AMber your doing fantastic!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

I miss Becky also,hopefully shes having a great time and will be home soon with a full report on her Vegas extravaganza.:cool:

Hope this month is cooler than the last one.I'm tired of 100 degree weather.:p

:hiya:Lets all have a great month,stay on coarse and have some fun.

iamfaithful 09-01-2011 07:23 AM

@ Purrcy'smom

You asked about the MK Shakes & while I gave you an answer August thread, I should have explained a little better..

Milk Kefir is a fermented probiotic that is cultured with live grains (not like wheat grains) that look like cauliflower. It is kinda like buttermilk in texture but is not similar in taste. Depending on how long you culture it and the temp it can be very mild or very tart.

We have a thread in Organic Eating Kefir Fermenters Unite! We also have a thread Kombucha - it was a very old one some of us revived because it had so much great information. Kombucha is a fermented tea that is phenominal for the body.

Everyone is welcomed to join us there- we get a little crazy but we also "gift" cultures for postage if we have them. We feel there is no reason to pay a lot of money for grains that are beneficial for out friends here when they grow & don't cost us 1 to make. We just ask postage usually $5 covers it.

Google Kefir (Water & Milk) & Kombucha...
SCOBY= symbionic colony of bacteria and yeast
MK= milk kefir
WK=water kefir
KT= Kombucha Tea
LBKKF= Local Brotherhood of Kombucha & Kefir Fermenters but we have thought International was more appropriate.
LCF=Low Carb Friends
KKU=Kombucha KommUnity

Hope this helps!
AND You can find great Kefir recipies & ideas @ CFH (Cultures For Health)

TXniteowl 09-01-2011 09:24 AM

Okay ladies confession time. Yesterday was a long day and I wasn't prepared for dinner so we ended up eating out. It wasn't pretty either as we went to a favorite MX place. Good news is I didn't gain and am back to eating on plan today. After 3 and a half weeks of no eating out or eating off plan not even one bite, I am not beating myself up about it. I'm in this for the long haul and I know there will be blips along the way.

I miss Becky too. Not sure what day she will be back but counting 11 days I'm thinking maybe Sunday?

Lenise - Becky worked nights for years as a nurse so maybe she can give you some insight when she returns on what to expect.

Amber - WTG girl :up: :kicking: :clap:

sinny 09-01-2011 09:34 AM

Amber you have done great. You look mavelous. I can't imagine what it feels like to accomplish so much in 1 yr. :kicking::kicking::kicking: I can't wrap my head around it for a whole week.
My sons bday is 9/27 too.Both my grandaughters , my other sons and my bday are in Oct. We are all within a month.

Lenise Working nights is hard ,but if you eat what you bring to work it makes it easier. We have access to the kitchen and it is too easy to snack when you are tired. When I eat my food I am not as tempted. My shifts change all the time and I usually work a couple doubles every week. Right now dh is cooking chicken for me and I go in at 3pm and work till 7 am. I will have to pack enough food to get me through. lol.

Bejewelme 09-01-2011 10:06 AM

Stilldews- you make an excellent point, it is really good to eat something every few hours like at least every 3 it really helps to keep your metabolism going and you are exactly right, it prevents you from getting ravenous and out of control, I am doing that now, I eat 6- 325 calorie meals a day spread out, and it is working, slowly but surely!

Joannew 09-01-2011 12:29 PM

Is there room for one more?:)
I wanna be a loser, too!
I need to lose 15#!:mad: and this looks like it would be a simple plan to follow...that's my motto...K.I.S.S.!

Phaedra 09-01-2011 01:06 PM

:welcome:Joannew Glad to have you with us.We're a no judgement group and support each other and will gladly answer any question you may have.Reading the book The Dukan Diet is a good place to start.:cool:

iamfaithful 09-01-2011 04:09 PM

:welcome::clap::clap::clap: Joannew :clap::clap::clap::welcome:

WE ARE GLAD YOU ARE HERE!

Have fun, ask and we will try to answer.
Every 1/4 lb is a SUCCESS!

stilldews 09-02-2011 01:20 AM

Welcome Joannew. I'm just getting started too and so far love the plan. I've done almost every variation of low carb and so far this one is working about the best. Attack reminds me a little of the old Stillman's plan I did at age 20. The parts of this plan that impresses me the most are the consolidation and stablization parts. That's were many dieters run into problems and Dr Dukan's ideas really seem doable. If you go to the US Dukan facebook page, you will see many examples of people that are doing better on this plan than any other they have tried. In a post there today we added up how much we had lost all together and it came to over 1600 pounds so far. Have you used the Dukan site to figure your true weight?

Teresa, glad you're not feeling guilty about eating a meal off plan and also good to hear you didn't gain weight. Getting right back on plan is the important thing.

Am on day 2 of PV. Decided to alternate 2 PV with 2PP so that I could buy just enough vegetables to get me through the 2 days and not have any left overs to tempt me or to waste. Tonight I brought to work a couple slices of cooked turkey breast along with some baby portabella mushrooms that I have steamed briefly at home along with some cajun seasoning. Popped them both in the microwave here and ate them along with a salad of fresh greens, sun sweet tomatoes and home grown cucumbers. Have some Greek yogurt for later. Feel like I'm feasting!

Have a great weekend everyone. Plan to go see the movie The Help on Sat. Have hard good things about it.

LivinLoCarb 09-02-2011 08:36 AM

Hi and welcome to all!

My husband and I have decided to do 3 PV days over the long holiday weekend, making up for it with 3 PP days next week. We'll be helping my Mom celebrate her birthday this weekend (another September birthday!) and PV days will make it easier. Can I cut a slice of birthday cake slim enough so it has no calories, carbs, or fat?!?:)

Have a wonderful holiday!

Joannew 09-02-2011 09:09 AM

Thank You all for the warm welcome!:)
I'm in the process of getting the book and I will read everything I can until I do!
I started officially today, as yesterday I had a lc shake which wasn't legal, but I am on track so far.
I will definitely check out what my true weight is supposed to be...hope I'm not too shocked!:p

Hope everyone has a great day!

stilldews 09-02-2011 09:23 AM

My true weight according to Dr D is 154. That sounds high to me, but then again, it at least might be a weight I can maintain. Been a few years since I've been below 170. Not sure what 154 will look like. Going by my BMI, I need to get to 145 to be in the healthy range and from past (long past) experience, I think I look best at around 130.

Joannew 09-02-2011 10:30 AM

My true weight is 134, and I was shooting for 130 so it's pretty close.
I also found out that I'm "heavy boned" which was surprise to me!

amazinggrace911 09-02-2011 01:32 PM

Just a quick note to say hello!! Not really doing DD at the moment, but trying to at least stay on lc. Got a copy of the 72 Atkins book the other day. Reading through it right now. Interesting.

Have a wonderful evening!

TXniteowl 09-02-2011 03:14 PM

Hi all :)

:welcome: Joannew. The more the merrier as they say! I think this is a great plan and as it becomes more widely known here in the states I bet it becomes very popular. We are on the cutting edge lol.

My true weight was 165 which I thought was really high. But considering my age and how much I need to lose, I guess that is an attainable goal rather than the 130 I haven't seen since I was around 30. I would really like to get somewhere around 150 though.

Made a couple of new things that I really liked. One was a panna cotta made entirely with lowfat milk (1%) and splenda and it was really good. Will be having that for dessert for the next few nights. Also made the oat bran muffins and added a shredded zucchini and they are awesome. Had two for breakfast and will have them on PV days until they are gone. Have to satisfy my sweet tooth :laugh:

stilldews - I think I have done every variation of low carb too. In fact I think I've done just about every diet out there :doh:. The one I really love, although not as low carb as some, is the Scarsdale diet. I've done it a few times with great results but it has a set menu and gets too repetitive after a few months. I think this one has a lot more leeway to eat different foods, although I do tend to eat the same things a lot anyway. I am loving the dairy and also the addition of oat bran, which I've made into wraps, cookies, and now the muffins :cool:. Also love the simplicity of it and no counting anything :up:

Have a great holiday weekend everyone! :kicking:

iamfaithful 09-02-2011 04:40 PM

OK not a good time to attempt the 6 lb goal for this month! Just way too much going on with gma & all! Will be content to continue to maintain! :)

I have WATER & MILK KEFIR GRAINS & SCOBYS To "GIFT" if anyone is interested. Would just like postage.

amazinggrace911 09-02-2011 07:18 PM

Had a nice dinner at Grandma's tonight. My aunt brought a vegetable pizza casserole -- it had a zucchini crust. Really good! And then I had two salads!! I was hungry for veggies tonight! :)

Came home tonight and dh said there was water leaking in the basement. Thankfully, we discovered that the water line to the ice maker had a hole in it and was leaking down the wall and floor. At least it wasn't a busted pipe somewhere!!

Nighty night!

stilldews 09-03-2011 05:55 AM

The vegetable pizza sounds delightful. I have made a pizza crust with eggplant and it was really good too.

Splurged yesterday and bought a Tribest FreshLife Automatic Sprouter. Figure with the price of organic greens being what they are, it will pay for itself in just a short time. I have done sprouting using other methods, but this just seems so easy. Ordered some salad green mixes of seeds to sprout and hope to keep myself in enough greens for all my PV days. After my first 2 days of PV my weight was unchanged from attack. Hopefully now with 2 PP days coming up, the scale will move down again.

Off to walk the dog before it gets too hot. Have a Delightful Dukan day everyone.

amazinggrace911 09-03-2011 09:35 AM

It's already too hot here! Going to my brother's this afternoon for a picnic. My stepmom was supposed to come, but she stopped in while I was gone to Wendy's (ds wanted to buy lunch. I got a diet coke) and said she had to head for Erie. Her son is back in the hospital. He has some type of disease, but I can't think of what it is. Crohns maybe?? Not sure. Was hoping to see her cause it's been about 6 months. But she was going to stop over at my brother's house to see the baby before she left so that is good. I worry about her since my dad died unexpectedly.

Made fresh tortilla chips and salsa (tomatoes and onions from the garden!) for the picnic. I'm going to eat some chips, but I just need to make sure I don't overdo it today. But the fresh salsa just sounds so good!

Have a great labor day weekend!

Bejewelme 09-04-2011 07:27 AM

198 was my Ideal weight, and my doc's ideal weight even though it is well above the BMI charts, I am hoping to get to 180 or so and then surgery and hopefully end up around 150-160 which I cant even remember being ever, LOL

We are going to a party today I made hummus and whole wheat pita chips in the oven with greek seasonings, I am trying to really be careful it seems like 199 is never going to get here!

Lenise- salsa sounds wonderful!!!! I love it, any word on the job yet?

Teresa- you are doing great!

Welcome newbies!!!!

amazinggrace911 09-04-2011 08:05 AM

I'm sorry, I thought I posted. I start back on my old job on Tuesday. Orientation on that day and then I'll get my schedule for the next couple of weeks. Shouldn't be too much of an adjustment to night shift since I normally stay up pretty late anyway.

But keep up prayers for my ds. He has another interview on Tuesday. He could really use this job.

Ate too much yesterday. I would have been okay if I wouldn't have started snacking last night. On track today! I figure since I did so much snacking last night it's going to be a while before I get hungry. So when I do I'll just have my yogurt mix and then I need to go downstairs and see what's in the freezer for dinner. Unless dh wants to barbeque. That would be good! Don't know when it's going to rain though.

Have a great day!

amazinggrace911 09-04-2011 07:27 PM

Hope and pray everyone is having a fantastic weekend and eating on plan! Been eating lots of protein and veggies. Hopefully I'll be down to 210 in the morning. It's going to be close, that's for sure!

Getting myself psyched for work this way and trying to plan out what I'm going to take for food. My main thing is drinks. I have a half gallon water bottle I drink out of during the night and I'll take some diet pop and iced tea for my breaks. No money to spend on food or drinks so I'll have to take everything. I'm getting excited! The past year and a half has been a long one!

Bejewelme 09-05-2011 04:32 AM

Lenise- congrats on the job, you will be great and I know you really need the money and that will help you meet your goals!!!

Ughg I am up 3 freaking pounds, and I was so good all weekend, there was a dessert table to die for yesterday I wanted to go face down and all I had was one bite of brownie and gave the rest to Tony, I guess this is just going to keep being a battle, so I am off to the gym and then my aunts, it is what it is! So darn frustrating! I think my body likes holding on to my fat, LOL

amazinggrace911 09-05-2011 10:09 AM

Basically a maintain for me this week. Only down .2 pounds to 210.8. But since I was 215 during TOM last week, I'm okay with today's weigh in. I just need to get focused, cause I really haven't lost anything in over a month. At least I've managed to keep it the weight about the same even though I was eating totally off plan.

Still reading Dr A's 72 book. Going to go through different lc books I have today just to refresh. And of course my DD book. Need to figure out what is going to be feasible for me now.