Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
THin crust pizza that sounds yummy! Enjoy it.

I have a cooking class tomorrow night I signed up before I fell off the waggon, but I will just eat good until the class.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigander
Stats: 180/175/154
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: September 2011
Hello everyone:
Haven't been on in a few days. I was SO sick after I took that laxative...lol!! EVERY time I go on a lowcarb diet, this happens to me!!

I have still felt lethargic, no energy and I am not hungry. Since I am not much of a meat eater, the thought of food that I am not crazy about makes me nauseated. Today, I stopped and got a salad at Wendys...but used my own dressing here at home.Why do salads "out" always taste better than the salads I have at home??

Anyways, the scale shows 5# loss in 6 days (but...remember....I took the laxative). Could that be why I am so weak??? I started at 180 and am down to 175 today.

Some of the recipes look amazing...but I just haven't felt like cooking...so it has either been turkey burgers with veggies....or turkey burgers! Or plain boring chicken..... I have copied a bunch of recipes from the sites given here, but just haven't had the energy to make them. That is the bad part about living alone...no one you HAVE to cook for.

denise
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigander
Stats: 180/175/154
Start Date: September 2011
PS: I love the Biggest Loser AND Elvis!! My bucket list includes visiting Graceland.
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Denise, I have read that when our bodies switch from getting energy from carbs to energy from fat that we have to build up a whole new set of hormones and enzymes and that it takes awhile for those to kick in fully. Until they do sometimes it feels like we just don't have the energy to move. I've noticed it really badly sometimes before when going into ketosis and the first few weeks afterwards. Sometimes it feels like the leg muscles just won't work. I seemed to have less problems with Dukan, I think because of the carbs in the dairy. Are you eating dairy regularly? Maybe a few more of the starchier vegetables might help too.

Faithful, congratulations!! Since we are so close to the same age, you really encourage me to keep going. Too bad the jalapenos set off your fibro. Think I was in my 30's the last time I was in size 10's too. That must feel wonderful!

Becky, so glad to hear you're able to get back from vacation and go right back to your lowest weight. Sometimes it's so hard to get remotivated, but you seem to be doing the right things. I always like to think a little diet vacation is just what our bodies need to kick up the metabolism.

Amber, wish I could get into excercise as much as you have. You are just amazing!

I love the biggest loser too. So far, I like both the new trainers. A little afraid that the next 2 to 3 weeks may just see a few more older ones leave, but maybe they will surprise us. I remember how wonderful Helen did, so know it can be done regardless of age. This is one of the first years I've watched the show and been able to think, hey, all of the contestants are larger than I am! Before, I'd look at them and think, that's about my weight, do I look that large? Do you all have that problem of not knowing how large you really are? In my mind, I'm smaller than I look in photos. Sometimes I look at my reflection and wonder who that old fat woman is.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
TGIF !!

Lost a lb so I'm a happy girl.

Denise: Sorry your having a rough time.Are you geting all your water in daily and do you take a good multivitimin? I get weak if I don't do that also stilldews ideas on dairy are good ones.You need to eat or you will just get weaker.How about soups?Just throw what ever is in the icebox(wow that shows my age!!)in a pot add some Low fat chicken stock.heat it up and sip.Sending healing and strenghting prays you way.

I love BL but as i don't have a TV i'll see it thru your eyes.Keep up the good reports

Dogs have owners.Cats have staff.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:42 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigander View Post
Hello everyone:
Haven't been on in a few days. I was SO sick after I took that laxative...lol!! EVERY time I go on a lowcarb diet, this happens to me!!

I have still felt lethargic, no energy and I am not hungry. Since I am not much of a meat eater, the thought of food that I am not crazy about makes me nauseated. Today, I stopped and got a salad at Wendys...but used my own dressing here at home.Why do salads "out" always taste better than the salads I have at home??

Anyways, the scale shows 5# loss in 6 days (but...remember....I took the laxative). Could that be why I am so weak??? I started at 180 and am down to 175 today.

Some of the recipes look amazing...but I just haven't felt like cooking...so it has either been turkey burgers with veggies....or turkey burgers! Or plain boring chicken..... I have copied a bunch of recipes from the sites given here, but just haven't had the energy to make them. That is the bad part about living alone...no one you HAVE to cook for.

denise
you are so right salads out do seem better.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
I always enjoy reading this Forum and contributing occasionally!

But we moved house three weeks ago, and have only just had broadband reconnected. S-oo-ooo slow. It's been really exasperating! It's wonderful to be online again.

I had a bit of a scare just before we moved - one of those call-back letters after a mammogram. "Please bring a dressing gown, allow 2-3 hours for the appointment, you will be supported throughout by a Breast Care Nurse...". As my sister and niece have had breast cancer, it worried me not a little. But it was OK! Just some scar tissue from my long-ago breast reduction, which showed up as dodgy on the mammogram. Anyway, they strongly recommended that I give up my HRT, which I've done... with the amazing result that I dropped 3 lbs at once!

So - what with all the busy-ness of the house move, and sticking firmly to Dr Dukan, I achieved not only my True Weight of 8st 12lbs, but have lost even more in Consolidation - weighed today and I'm 8 st 4lbs (112lbs). I simply can't believe it.
This is what I weighed as a chubby 12 year old. I look in my wardrobe, and everything fits.

I'm never going to put on so much weight again, and soon I'll be in Stabilisation. Dukan not only has really really transformed me, but it's re-educated my eating habits. I used to snack a lot, and taste a lot whilst cooking (tsk!) as well as a weekness for nuts and creamy food (yum!) but somehow, I don't feel so tempted now. MIRACLE!

My daughter expects her baby in two weeks! I won't be wincing at any new-Granny pictures.

Sorry to have droned on a bit, but I really am so thrilled! Dr Dukan - you rock. Girls - stick to this method - very best love to everyone.
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #248
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Miss A- OMG you are doing fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad the boobie was OK, what a worry huh? New baby coming!!! Good luck Grammy!!!!

Stilldews- OMG I know watching BL I was like OMG finally I weigh less than every contestant, I look at the men around 350 and think holy crap did I look like that, bodies are so weird though how people look so different!!!

Mich- yes a change up can make you a little ill, and the laxative, drink plenty of water and potassium you might bounce a little, and yes if doing low fat like this, you need some carbs from the milk so try some dairy!!!!

And football, I would be watching and they are referring to a 250 pound linebacker, and I was like GOsh I wish I weighed 250, LOL Still heavier than a few of the skinny guys but at least not bruiser material, LOL

Pictures do make us look fatter it is a fact, so just look at a pic and think, hmm I really do look 10 pounds thinner, LOL
Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

speaking of football did yall see the taco dip recipe posted on one of the other sites. Served with cerlery that sounds great.

Miss- Great job. Sounds like you have been doing awesome! Glad everything worked out with the scare.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Spyder- that is the attitude! Enjoy the class & the food! It is not nightly!

Not going for steak tonight & I got size 10 to wear for it! (Had to look good!). Fibro decided it would flare up so DD said I could have a rain check. YEAH!

Bejewel - the clothes sound nice! Enjoy the trip food & al! Lots of steaks & vegies out there to choose from! & yes every ounce is a proud accomplishment!

Amarylis - you go girl! I have a lifestyle change as well and will NEVER be a 18-20 again. Bought 12s this week & one 10 s must have been a big 10 or just cut right but it feels so good to say I have one that fits! Happy for you!

Denise, I am also by myself & finding I don't like cooking-dont even have a stove. I eat a lot of eggs & fish (pouches of salmon & tuna) as I am not big on meat. They seem to give less potty problems.. I also eat a lot of Milk Kefir & home cultured yogurt... I love recipies but since food to me now is just a necessity not a want, variety to me is not important so long as once in a while I can do something different then it is usually Subway.

The weakness could really be from the laxative. They wipe me out so I try to stuff raw vegies when I notice I am getting slugggish- usually does the trick! Hang in there! TRy to mix up
the protein with dairy/eggs. It may be easier for you.

Everyone keep rockin' & rollin' the pounds off! It is not what the says every day but at the END of the race!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hey all!! Everyone ready for the weekend!! I work tonight, but I'm off for the rest of the weekend! Yeah!!

Tonight I'm taking my yogurt/oat bran/cinnamon mixture and some meat for my lunch. One of the girls is bringing in cupcakes and she wants me to try them. I'm going to see if I can get out of it cause I really want to get back on track. But I feel bad cause I gave her a hard time last weekend cause I wasn't there when she brought in the homemade brownies. lol. I really want to get back on track and lose some weight. Did my one mile walking dvd today too!

Have a great weekend!!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie, take the cup cake & ask her if you can enjoy it this weekend while you are @ home with a cup of coffee. I am sure she will be glad for you to do that. Then you can "taste" it & maybe share it with someone else. You can still enjoy it, please your coworker, tell the truth of how much it was enjoied & everyone is pleased.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondey63
Stats: 199.5/180/152
Start Date: 4-16-12
Here I am...still following the plan....food going in....none coming out.(which is still boggling my mind)...the scale is not moving though I am doing the right thing.... so I think that I am going to have to change things up. I heard someone mention magnesium...how much do you need to take per day?

Becky, Faithful, Amber....you guys are doing great! thanks for the inspiration and encouragement.

Helen
Blondey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:20 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Helen_ someone posted on mag a while back but with all the nurses I am sure thhey will poat again! I looked @ back of the Philips Caplets bottle way back because that is what is in them, if you are going to store- read it - good way to find dose.

Are you mixing your proteins like meat fish & dairy? I found that helps. & are you to the vegie state yet? Eat lots of salad greens & raw veggies this helps me. But I find mixing my protein helps... Been balancing this since May - it takes a while to figure what YOUR BODYS NEEDS ARE!

Scale will drop! Drink plenty of fluids & don't stress about no/slow loss. Stress is a killer of weight loss...it puts your body in fiht or flight mode & that is defensive; it will hold on to all it's resources. & remember if you are building muscle it weighs more than fat cells.

The scale for me didn't move for a month then Bam (for me) it left & I had to immediately stabalize as a # a day for this old body with only maybe 20 more to to was detrimental to my health.

Something I found EXTREMELY helpful was getting my colon healthy. PM me & I can give yyou some Kefir grains that really do the trick! Drink milk & water kefir every day! Google it, I gift the grains for postage. Anyone can message me if they want some... Not just Helen.

qhen the colon is happy we need to eat less & am less hungry because the nutrients in what we are eating are better absorbed, also giving is the better feeling (healthier) we all want. 60 years ago colon health was important-it is making a comeback! Check it out but before you try expensive chemical "fixes" try kefir for a few months!
Old 09-24-2011, 04:57 AM   #255

Lenise- you dont have to eat a cupcake for her to like you, do what Iam said and take it home, you will feel more in control that way!!!

Colon health is important, I had the worst problems when I was young, OMG I was hospitalized at 14 that is when I started eating as much fiber as possible!!!

A good colon cleanse is a good thing, maybe I am due for one of those!

I gotta research kefir more maybe I will try it!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:20 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

I have LOTS of water grains as they almost double every time - the milk kefir are slower butit only takes 1 small one to do a cup & it will grow in a month of drinking a cup a day to where by months end you should be able to do a quart... That is a lot to drink in a day but do able with smoothies & all.

While you research Kefir look @ Kombucha. It is a POWERFUL health restorer! Has been around since Ancient China & has lots of B vitamins & essential acids the body needs. Helps to alakize the body as well. Both of these are natural, you can culture them for ˘s & I have starters I "gift", I don't think friends should profit from something our Creator gave to us so freely. (I just ask postage if you have it - if not - when I started my journey & no one was there to "gift" to me so I never look for a return envelope; just ask you Pay it Forward.)

Everyone have a great weekend! I just brewed a pot of coffee for the 1st time in 2 months & I am going to love every quiet moment of this rainy day!

We need some cheer leaders with pom poms to post! Anyone know the adminstrators?

Last edited by iamfaithful; 09-24-2011 at 05:26 AM..
Old 09-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Scale says 197. I suppose I will have to take it Think I will make a pot of chicken veggie soup today so may go up with the sodium.

Have a weekend everyone
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Sure anything under 2 is terrific!

If you use store brand broth don't add extra salt. If you are using chicken & vegies add more chicken & brown it with the onions first it will give flavoe then add only 1/2 the stock & more spices for flavor. When I salt & brown my chicke 1st I find I don't need store bought stock. Sounds yummy either way you go!

Happy to see you in the 1s!
Old 09-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Blood sugar test

I have been busy all morning and other then the terrific cup of coffee and my Kombucha & milk kefir I forgot to eat. Since I have morning syndrome I thougt now would be a good time to check.

I AM REELING & SHOCKED!

It was 90! I have NEVER EVER seen under 100 ANYTIME!

Something with DD & fermenting is working! I will NEVER EVER GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY OF EATING!

Hang in there ladies!

Anyone thought of an October starter? It is getting close!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TXniteowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondey
Here I am...still following the plan....food going in....none coming out.(which is still boggling my mind)...the scale is not moving though I am doing the right thing.... so I think that I am going to have to change things up. I heard someone mention magnesium...how much do you need to take per day?

Becky, Faithful, Amber....you guys are doing great! thanks for the inspiration and encouragement.

Helen
Hi Helen

I take 500 mg (2 tablets) of magnesium at night before bed and if I need to I will up it to 3 for a day or two. Always seems to do the trick for me. Normally I take calcium along with it since there is supposed to be a balance between the two, but I'm eating so much dairy with this plan that I don't want to overdo it.
TXniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

I didn't have a cupcake last night!!! Actually, by the time I got up to where they were at, there weren't any left! So I stuck pretty much on plan last night. Yahoo!! Though I did have some cheese this morning.

My weight is still up from Monday, but TOM is due at any time. so I'm just going to stick to plan and it'll come off eventually.

DH is grilling today. A beef brisket and chicken leg quarters. Yumm!! I'll make a nice salad and maybe some stir fried veggies. I went to the store this morning and bought my ff milk and ff cottage cheese. Stocking up! Already have some yogurt!

Yeah! It's the weekend!!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Good job passing up the cupcakes. I have no problems saying No to sweets when people offer them to me. I just say Thanks, but I'm trying to eat healthier so better pass this time. No one seems to get offended.

I think Milk of Mag when used as a laxative is 1 to 2 gms of magnesium. Not a dose you'd want to take regularly, but OK for occasional use.

The scale seems to be going in the wrong direction for me the last few days, but I've had 3 days of PV, so now will do 3 PP days and hopefully by Wed will be down. That's my official weigh in day for the week, so like to do PP before then. I just make sure I even out the PV and PP days for the week. So far, the closest I've come to cheating is the high protein pudding once a day and a few olives on my salads occasionally.

Last edited by stilldews; 09-24-2011 at 10:27 PM..
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 AM   #263

Lenise- you better run across the state and slap me upside the head, 2 parties I was all in control the first one I had a bite of cake, it wasn't that good, then the last party all these beautiful cupcakes I ate one!!!It was carbapalooza yesterday of course I was gaining all week anyway for no apparent reason, so I said forget it and ate, now I am really mad at myself, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Lenise- you better run across the state and slap me upside the head, 2 parties I was all in control the first one I had a bite of cake, it wasn't that good, then the last party all these beautiful cupcakes I ate one!!!It was carbapalooza yesterday of course I was gaining all week anyway for no apparent reason, so I said forget it and ate, now I am really mad at myself, LOL
Don't get mad at yourself! That just leads to negative things! yourself & forgive. Be glad you had a good time & leave it behind you.

Just because you had an off week doesn't mean it is blown! Just dust yourself off, stand up straight, put on those boots of yours, & KEEP ON WALKIN'!

I pigged out on pizza last night & have cake on the table that was sent home with me (no frosting) & when I couldn't sleep @ 2am I was YEP! "eating cake". Today the gran kids are here finishing their sleepover so tomorrow will be a better day.

Lets both walk out of the binge together!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 09-25-2011 at 07:33 AM..
Old 09-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber blips along the way won't matter in a year's time. Just remember Vegas is waiting for you

stills I hate stalls but in the end stalls go away and take some weight with them. My longest one on Dukan was 8 days I think. You have done such a great job losing!! The other day I had some green olives in my salad too.

Weight still the same today. My d-i-l is starting Dukan tomorrow. She is so excited and it is fun to assist her in understanding things.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Bad week? I've been having a bad month or maybe it's been two months -- so don't you dare go there! lol. Just get back on track. I do the same thing and just use a flub up as an excuse to go hog wild. It's got to stop!! Life happens. Just need to learn to get back on and keep on moving!

Feeling pretty good this weekend. I felt like I snacked all night long. I was hungry about every two hours. But I just ate protein, so I was actually down 2 pounds today from yesterday (211 to 209). So I'm not much above last week. It would be nice to be down even more tomorrow! But I'm not going to worry about it. I've been eating better and feel good.

Today's food so far has been:

l: scrambled eggs w/ff cream cheese, beef brisket and salsa; yogurt/oat bran mix
d: chix salad from DQ -- ate the chix and about 1/3 of the salad, w/ranch dressing
s: 4 sm slim jims
Old 09-25-2011, 05:49 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Maybe if I'd run across the state, I'd lose lots more weight!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:59 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Time to settle back to LIFE

It has been a full weekend with the family & grankids! LOTS of DIFFERENT & not so terrific food and my "gut" is telling me I really didnt do it any favors. I DON'T feel bad or guilty! I had a terrific time !

But today I have to myslef & not my digestive track any more! Not even stepping on the today ! Why? I may not like the response from all the pizza, cake, snacks with kids (lots of fruit I seldom eat) & just plain stuff that I don't eat as a rule. So with my tummy pooching out and saying , I promise to be & promise to be a good girl this week!

Hope ya'll had as much as I did celebrating retirement age!

Have a terrific week!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies! Hope you all had a good weekend. did the cooking class and got back on track the entire weekend and today I weight in and I'm up a couple pounds. (
Old 09-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

spyder just hang on and hang in! It does get frustrating when the scale doesn't reward us for our efforts

I lost another pound (196) so in virgin Dukie territory. So glad I got my screwed on straight again and working the plan (except for the 'e' which I will let Amber take care of).