Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Becky: Love it!!! Been an Elvis fan since '56.He always rang my chime.
So glad you are almost a "Onederland' girl again.Knew you would do it.

The world seems better today. I think just writing how I felt helped me over the hump + all the support I recieved here.Ladies, thanks for caring.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Phaedra- yes dear you have had it rough down there, I know one of my friends was near the fires she said it is devastating!!!! Will pray for your safety and ability to keep helping others!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
I made this chili today!

This is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! May wind up being a staple in my fridge all winter! IT!
Thanks, SD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Here is the White Chili Chicken recipe if anyone wants to try it. It was posted on the US Dukan facebook page. I made it in the crockpot and added a little more cumin and some Tajin Classico Seasoning.(chili peppers, salt, dehydrated lime juice)

"Laureen Horwedel's White Chicken Chilli 3lbs. skinless boneless chicken 2 medium chopped onions 3 tsp. garlic powder 2-3 cans low sodium chix broth 4 cans (4 oz.) chopped green chilies 1 tsp. salt 2 tsp. ground cumin 2 tsp. dried oregano 1 tsp. pepper 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper 2 cups fat free sour cream 1 cup skim milk 1 tbl. corn starch In large skillet saute chicken, onion and garlic powder until chix is brown Add broth until you just cover chicken, add chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil then reduce to low and let simmer an hour or so. Then I like to shred my chicken (just pull apart with a fork and let simmer a little longer) but some may want to cut the chicken in small chunks before browning. Remove from heat; stir in FF sour cream, skim milk and corn starch. Heat slowly to let the corn starch thicken the broth) This is heavy on the chicken side which makes up for the lack of beans but is nice to have a different flavor."
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Just a quick note hello!! Don't have time to read any posts, but I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Down to 208.6 once again! That was my lowest weight last month. Maybe next week I'll be down even more!!

Did a wild turkey breast in the crockpot today. Tasted really good. Going to take that for lunch tonight along with some cheese and my diet cokes. Yumm!!!

Nighty night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Amber: yep I'll keep on keepin' on.Your right at onderlands door keep up the good work.!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondey63
Stats: 199.5/180/152
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 4-16-12
Well, the morning did not go as I imagined it. This morning I was up 3 lbs. I flipped out.....i have not cheated. If anything, I have not drank enough water. Was freaking crabby as hell after that weigh in. Here are my thoughts on it... Sunday morning I moved the scale out of the bedroom and in to the hall so I could do my weigh in before church because dh was still sleeping. I moved it back later that afternoon..maybe something changed with the scale even though I thought I put it in the right place. I was having a great day Sunday, yogurt before church, skipped the bagels after church, came home and made an omelet....went to the Ducks game, had NOTHING but a bottle of water, came home, had two or three pieces of grilled chicken cutlet and 3 egg whites and that was it. I was expecting a whoosh. How could I gain 3 lbs in one day when I ate like that????
Today I had for breakfast, yogurt and one slice of ovengold turkey. Lunch, yogurt, 5 slices ovengold turkey. Dinner...omelet with a little creamcheese and cinnamon in it. It is NOT A LOT OF FOOD. The scale better go down tomorrow or else I am getting a gun and shooting the scale. I hope it goes down....lol.
Helen
Blondey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondey63
Stats: 199.5/180/152
Start Date: 4-16-12
Faithful, Becky....thanks for your input. I am going to start PP/PV tomorrow because it is time to do it!
Blondey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Lenise. WTG on the weight loss

Helen ain't weighing daily a ****** sometimes? I wish I were a weekly weigher but never going to happen here! I have found that moving a scale has made it go bonkers and have had to pick it up and put it down and weigh a few times and have gotten better results at time. One thing we know for sure is that you didn't gain 3 pounds of fat overnight!! Has to be water if it is correct and it will come off. I have been horrible about drinking much water and you have reminded me I need to get my 1 1/2 liters in. Hang in there and vent all you want Be prepared though many (including me) gain some or stall out the first week of Cruise.

Faithful glad to hear you liked the chicken chili too. I will try it sometime. I really like soup esp. in the winter.

Had a clean PP day here so far but I stay up late so I don't know how it will turn out exactly I am so mad at myself for not being able to hop right back on a clean plan after losing so much the first month on Dukan.

This one's for you Phaedra gosh I just love that dude!!! One for the money, 2 for the show, 3 to get ready.... now go cat go.... that's a cheer for us to succeed

Gawd I need help

Teesa and Cindy how are you doing?!?!?!?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
Faithful, glad you like the white chili chicken. I'm going to make it again this week too. Makes a lot and I eat it on both PP and PV days since it has so few veggies.

Becky and Amber, Just keep heading in the right direction and you're bound to get into the 100's very soon. Amber, your guy must be thrilled in the changes you've made. Soon you will weigh less than him and that has to feel great.

Lenise, sounds like you're doing a good job of making do with what you have. Glad the job is working out.

Helen, moving the scale may have messed it up, but do expect your weight to jump around on this plan. Just a little extra salt can add the pounds, but it's just water. Don't expect much the first 2-3 weeks of Cruise. Dr D warns of that in his book and I'm finding it true. Only one pound week 1 and 2 for me, but this week it looks like it will be 2-3. Don't be afraid to eat and don't go hungery.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #190

Helen the scale moves and daily weighing will kill you, pick like 2 days a week and weigh I weigh on Fri and Mon, then the day to day fluctuations don't kill me so much, OK they do I still complain! Also make sure you are eating enough or your body will hold on to all its fat if it thinks you are starving, you should eat at least 1500 calories a day that is a 500 calorie deficit any lower you will hold on to it!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:57 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Mornin'
Helen:If i move my scales they get off balance and if I eat salt or don't drink my water my wt will go up. Just keep to the plan.
Becky: If Elvis don't meet me at the pearly gates I ain't going!!!...and get off my Blue suede shoes ...LOL

ATTACK day 2
Wt 177.6 yes that feels better
Old 09-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

One of my most favorite treats on Dukan's is Fage Greek Yogurt mixed with Wyler's Light lemonaid drink mix. I like it so well I ordered some more Wyler's flavors online to try. Cool Raspberry, Pink lemonaid, Orange, Fruit Punch and Strawberry Kiwi. I use 2 of the individual pkg. to a 32 oz container of the yogurt. May try putting it in my little ice cream maker and see what it does.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #193

Oh yeah Stilldews I use the crystal light ones for the water bottle, the mango peach is my favorite like its sweet and I swear the color change makes it more enjoyable the other thing to use is SF jello or a little SF chcolate pudding, OMG that is so good when I crave a meal like thing SF chocolate jello mix, in non fat greek yogurt and cocoa almonds, so filling and yummy!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Becky: Love it!!! Been an Elvis fan since '56.He always rang my chime.
So glad you are almost a "Onederland' girl again.Knew you would do it.

The world seems better today. I think just writing how I felt helped me over the hump + all the support I recieved here.Ladies, thanks for caring.
Glad we are surrounded by fans of the King. We got engaged in the Meditation Garden at Graceland.... we have a big Elvis room in our house. But not the teddy bear collectibles... crazy stuff like a shirt given by E to one of his bodyguards- ( procured through a sothebys sale) and my collection of Lisa Marie autographs... but I digress... ahem.
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:32 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
This is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! May wind up being a staple in my fridge all winter! IT!
Thanks, SD!
so no beans! I am going to try this. ( Pops in again out of the blue) I was hoping you would share the recipe! It has been raved about here! Thanks so much!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
hi everyone I hope you are all doing great. I am struggling so hard to not gain back all I have lost and get back on track ,but it is truely a battle.

the chili recipe looks great. I was trying to find some low carb recipes that I could adapt to this diet, but I haven't found too many.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #197

The problem with low carb usually means high fat which makes this so tough! And why I eat so many boring chicken breasts, gone are the alfredo sauce days and heavy cream days of low carb, LOL
Old 09-20-2011, 03:22 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TXniteowl
Still here and on plan. 231.4 today. The weight has been flying off in the last week since I went off plan 2 weeks ago and then got started again. I lost all the pounds I had regained and a couple more. I'm at a new Dukan low. Trying to limit diet sodas to one a day since those seem to hinder weight loss for me. So far it's working.

Boring chicken breasts is right. I am not one that can just grill a chicken breast and eat it. Always looking for ways to dress it up. Last night I made the tandoori chicken from the dukanitout site and I really like it. Amazing what a few spices can do.

I will try the white chili chicken......sounds good.

Amber I looked at your pictures and you look great! You have come so far!!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #199

Teresa- if you like tandoori and curry I mix in in FF mayo and dip my chicken, sometimes dill dip, anything for flavor, but I love the curry and mayo combo, LOL
Old 09-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TXniteowl
Sounds good Amber. I was thinking it needed a dipping sauce of some sort. A tzatziki (however you spell it lol) sauce with greek yogurt or something along those lines. I've never made it though or tried it so not sure if I would like it. Might try the mayo dip next time...thanks!
TXniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Hey all! Believe it or not I weighed in at 208.0 this morning! Unreal! Hopefully I'll keep it off and more will come. Just took the turkey breast and cheese cubes to work for lunch last night. Probably won't weigh in again till Friday. I'm trying to not weigh every day too but it's hard sometimes. I'm going to be off this weekend, so I'll have to watch that I don't overeat. My bff bought my dh a huge beef brisket from sams club today. So he will be grilling that on Saturday. Lots of meat for the weekend! Maybe I can at least stay low carb!!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:54 AM   #202

Lenise- WTG hun, I am glad you busted through that 210, and you are liking the job!! Good to hear from you!!!

T= tzaki isnt bad since it is yogurt and cucumber= I hate cucumber though yuk!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:51 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Today makes 4 weeks of Dukaning for me and down 12.4 pounds to 185.8. Just went through my scrubs closet and found that most of the L scrub tops fit now and put away the 2X ones that were getting really big. Still a few tops that are a little too tight through the hips.

Thinking of making a big pot of hamburger/cabbage soup this week. Just chilly enough here for soup to taste really good.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Stilldews: you go girl!!! I know how it feels, and it feels great, to trade 2x for L.

Attack Day #3
WT=176.6

4lbs in 3 days is a ok with me.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 AM   #205

SD- great job that is the best feeling!!!!

Phaedra- glad you are back at it, hope things are settling down for you!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:48 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Amber: thanks,yes things are better. I threw my back out 7 days ago and just got to return to the Gym yesterday. Man it felt good. Had to lower my wts on some machines but all in all Activity makes me feel better.They say its the best remedy for depression and I believe it. Onderland comin' up for you.Makes me happy to see it so close for you.

Becky:Come out, come out, where ever you are...Need to know my gamblin' friend is ok.

Purrcy': I'm envious of your Elvis room.Sounds wonderfull.No one can replace him.

Everyone have a blessed day.

Dogs have owners.Cats have staff.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
The problem with low carb usually means high fat which makes this so tough! And why I eat so many boring chicken breasts, gone are the alfredo sauce days and heavy cream days of low carb, LOL
yep it would be much easier if I could ladle alfredo on everything. sounds good to me.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

did yall see the crockpot recipe contest on one of the dukan recipe sites?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Weight 199.5. Made a roast and veggies in crockpot yesterday. Ate that and salad all day so was thinking maybe the weight would go up. I watched the grandkids and chased the girls around for a few hours. Karley kept wanting to play marching band so I had plenty of 'e' for me

Amber how many days until the big day? What day do you fly out? We are talking about going back in Nov. but it is just talk at this time. I am addicted to all things Vegas. I LOVE LOVE LOVE FAT but I lose much faster on DD.

Phaedra so happy to have you back. Glad you are doing better and losing well.

stills doesn't it feel good? Not sure I will ever return to work but I would need all new scrubs too. What a good excuse to stay retired The diet is so amazing to me. I lost about 30 pounds in 2 months in the summer on it. Soup has been on my mind a lot now too.

Lenise WTG with the loss!!!

Teresa you are doing so well. Won't be long until you are in the next decade 220's here she comes Anything to doctor up chicken we need to hear about. I'd much rather have fish or shrimp.

spyder I never look at that site. Hope some good ideas start rolling in though.

Have a good day all
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Roast and veggies that sounds great! I'm getting my food together to start only cooking Dukan style instead of making two meals for my husband and I. I think that is some of my problem. Lack of will power is the other ,but baby steps.

Did anyone watch biggest loser?