Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
I wish I could run-to many years on this old body... So may I run with you in Spirit? I am so proud of you!

[QUOTE=Bejewelme;15012736]Hey girls I did the race, OMG it was so thrilling be able to run like that!!!

I posted pic and stuff in my journal

[url]
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 04:37 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
You bet, it is tough running is really hard for me, and I keep pushing it cause it is so darn hard, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:22 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoy your cake today - eat one bite for me!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:00 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondey63
Stats: 199.5/180/152
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 4-16-12
down another lb today...197...so 6 days, 6.5 lbs. Anyone seem to notice that they get a little cold on this diet? I was always warm...last couple of days I seem to feel cold at times.
Blondey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Blondey63 so proud of you!
I never noticed if it was my body or the change in eating- but thinking back % remember even though it was dead summer I felt cooler than usual at times. Oculd be the weather change right now or the different eating program, but don't "sweat" it! Once your body gets readjusted & detoxed a bit - you should be golden!

Othere I am sure will chime in- I just happened to walk by my phone <3
Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
What an awesome year you've had Amber!! Happy birthday. Checked out the photos on your journal and it's like you are a new person. You look so thin in the photo that shows you running from the back. Best of luck for many more happy and healthy years.

Welcome Helen. Sounds like the attack days are going well for you. I'm not sure why this plan is working for me either when some of the other low carbs ones seem to no longer work, but am sure happy to have found a way to get the scale moving again and am loving the Greek yogurt and other dairy treats. I slowed to 1 pound a week the first 2 weeks of Cruise, but have lost 2 already this week and hope to get a little more in before weigh in day on Wed. I think many people find that they slow for the first few weeks of Cruise, then get into losing 2-3 or more pounds a week again. Read the book if you haven't and I also think going to the USA Dukan facebook site each day is encouraging. It's good to read how many others are finding this a great way to get to their TW.

"People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning."
Lao-Tzu
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:13 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Helen I have heard a few say the same thing about feeling cold. You are inspiring me to try to behave and stay on plan

I am at 201 today in spite of my bad behavior. IF I could get strict I think this week could be the hundys again

Phaedra, spyder and Lenise where for art thou? Hope life is being good to you.

michigander I forgot to say. I don't excerise so I wouldn't worry about the Cam boot situation. I'll cheer anyone on who wants to 'e' but just isn't my thing. Hope you are doing well.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AllegraD
Stilldews - thanks for the idea of the Facebook site. I finally did the true weight calculation - it was a little higher than I was aiming for - but I think the clothes in my closet will fit at that weight. 25 lb to loose.
AllegraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigander
Stats: 180/175/154
Start Date: September 2011
Good morning, everyone.
Geez, I feel like %$#@# today. Today is my 3rd day on Attack (wish I could go to the bathroom!!). I have taken Colace AND magnesium...nothing yet..Dukan site says to stay on this 3 days...and then start Cruise. Dunno. According to their site, I should be at 177.4 today...and I am at 177.6 -- so I am pretty impressed but hate feeling this way. (I was kinda hoping for that euphoric feeling...lol...of maybe the "no sugar cravings" or EVEN maybe the "no hunger" feeling.

Great info here....I have copied the recipes. Might try the cookies or muffins today.

Had to laugh when I read that I needed 40 posts for a ticker. I am thinking "geez, I know I have over 200 on Ideal Protein. Whoops...that was another site entirely. No wonder it didn't work.

Mmmm...those capella drops sound interesting. I love Netrition!! I have so many sugarfree syrups from them...that it looks like I have a "bar" on 2 shelves.

Amber...wow....I must say...you certainly are inspiring. I did go look at your journal and your picture montage. My gosh, I was crying and I don't even know you. I could just imagine how emotional the race was. When are you getting married?? (loved the thigh high boots!! I bought a pair of black boots (I love boots...) with a 3" heel...then got sciatica and screwed up my achilles tendon. Now they sit there and "mock me" and tell me I am too old for them.

Having a terrible time sleeping....so am just exhausted today and don't feel like dieting at all...but I will!

Good luck to everyone today...have a wonderful day.

denise
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Denise, sounds like you're going through induction flu. Sometimes it helps to drink some salty chicken broth. Know Dukan likes us to limit salt, but maybe you are just losing fluid too fast. Overall, it won't make a difference in your real fat loss. It can also help with constipation because it pulls more fluid into your intestines. Don't be afraid to take 1000 mg of the magnesium a day. Won't hurt and your body will just get rid of what it doesn't need. Smooth move tea is another option, but not one you want to get too dependant on.

Becky sure sounds like you should make it to below 200 any day now. How exciting!

I've started packing up some of my larger sizes and putting them away for now. Not going to get rid of them because I've done that about 30 times before and it gets expensive. My thought is maybe if I keep them around and look at them every once in awhile it will remind me that I never want to get that fat again. I've got jeans in sizes that will fit me for a few months anyway and I don't dress up much and wear shrubs to work, so am going to just get by with buying as little as possible this winter and hope to be at my TW by Spring.

Ate out last night at Ruby Tues and had grilled steak, zucchini and broccoli. Nice to eat out and not feel deprived.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

SD great idea on the clothes! Wish I had kept 1 thing in my 18-20s. I am so ready for everything in 12! My body is ready, brain ready, but the check book says wait til spring & that is good because I HATE SHOPPIN6! So I will settle for Med Sweats for the winter!

Denise I had to go to phase 2 just because everything was coming in & nothing going out! I ate vegies like crazy that first day by morning I had lost 3lbs.... Yeah, didn't want to say it

BTW: Gramma is still hanging in with us! I wonder how little someone 92 can weigh & still be here. She is so ready to go dance with Red.

Starting on the paint/paper job in the family room today. It will be slow going for me but by this time next week I will be finished!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 09-18-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Old 09-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #162
Junior LCF Member

OK- I finally had to take a suppository. Stilldews...I think you are right...induction flu. I remember going thru this on Atkins and on Ideal Protein. I am glad the Attack phase is only today...(altho since the suppository -- I do feel a bit better).

I have copied every single recipe you all put down, and I am so grateful for them. When I look back at my MANY lowcarb cookbooks (and magazines) -- everything wants me to use whipping cream (or berries)!! (Did I read somewhere on this list that you all have a site where you put your recipes!!..or are there any sites you use. I have googled Dukan Diet Recipes but so far, haven't come up with a lot).

I have been using coconut milk rather than FF milk (lactose intolerant). Somewhere (?) I read that it might be better for a lowcarb diet (has only 7 carbs). Bought it at WalMart. Usually use FF Lactaid, but the carb count is high.

I have so much paperwork today (procrastinating, huh??) -- but my mind is so foggy.
Could be "fibro-fog" -- which often comes with fibromyalgia...or it could be part of the "induction flu". Major headache, too.

Helen...that amount of weight loss is astounding (probably better than they would anticipate on Dukan Diet's true weight site). I also thought my true weight was quite a bit higher than I would have liked...but maybe it sounds more doable.

7 years ago, I did Atkins...went from 216 (my highest weight ever) down to 160#, but I couldn't keep it up. When I started Ideal Protein 2 years ago, I was at 193#, and went down to 154#! Couldn't afford the expense (even tho I have an amazing doctor and nurse). I could go on and on , but I am sure many of you have "been there." I know I am not going into this with the right attitude....but it seems like I NEVER make it to the "final phases" - where I can incorporate real food.

Stilldews...I can appreciate the "packing of the fat clothes" -- no, I didn't get rid of everything when I went lower (good thing...cuz I had to pull them out each time I gained)...but I made and bought a LOT of clothes when I reached 154. It was so fun to actually shop in a real store rather than the plus size stores. BUT...I can't fit into any of those now, and that becomes depressing, too. I was thiniking of just packing those away until (or if) I ever reach a lower weight to wear them.

OK -- I am rambling...(and procrastinating)..gotta get to the paperwork. (Times like this, I really miss my hubby since he did so much of this stuff. Hard to make the big decisions without someone to bounce things off of).

denise
Old 09-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Here is the site that Lenise started for recipes. Hope it helps Denise.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...t-recipes.html
becksterinindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Just wanted to stop in and say hello!! Haven't been able to get back on plan yet. Money is REALLY tight right now and will be until I start getting a pay check -- another week and a half. Right now I'm just using lots of things from the freezer and my mother's pantry. Just striving to not overeat. Weight is staying around 210 right now so that's good. Hopefully I can get back on plan soon!!

Still getting used to my new schedule. Sleeping schedule has been totally wacky and I haven't had much time to get on the computer. Need to go clean up from dinner and then take dd to walmart to get some bologna for dh.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #165
Junior LCF Member

Becky -- yup, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to you and Lenise and everyone that contributed. This should help me a lot.
denise
Old 09-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Life has been a mel of a hess.Two lb gain.Fell off the wagan and have not felt like climbing back on.As a Hospice nurse my area is Bastrop Tx. We've had a 14K acre wildfire and 1400 homes lost,only 2 lives lost thank God.. Its unbelivable it look like the surface of the moon with black trees everywhere. One of my familys and one fellow nurse lost everything. I still feel numb. Looking for my patients and not knowing how or where they were was hard. I hurt for the people and all the animals.Please send a prayer for them and me.This to shall pass,but when?

Dogs have owners.Cats have staff.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Phaedra
Old 09-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Becky, thank you.
I've done all I can do for others. So I've decided to do a 3 day Attack and get back to making myself feel good about me.Pity parties are lonely.Wish me luck!!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Becky, thank you.
I've done all I can do for others. So I've decided to do a 3 day Attack and get back to making myself feel good about me.Pity parties are lonely.Wish me luck!!
How difficult this must be for you- I can't even wrap my mind around what you are experiencing. However, you are right to do
something for your self & take care of you. Will keep you & everyone there before the Throne.

Denise-this is such a hard time for you too! Hang in there it will get better- and taking care of yourself is the right thing! We always out others first especially when we are hurting. We forget sometimes we have needs too.

Denise, have you ever tried milk kefir. I have grains I can send to you. The grains eat the lactose in the milk & ferment the milk. It is really quite good. You can make it with 2%, 1% or skim. I have also used whole & hald n half for really thick sour cream like kefir. It is easy dor lacto people to digest. Let me know if you want a few grains so you can give it a try. Good source of protein on DD.

Also, does your body have Fibro? That has been chasing me for 24+ years. I have found something that gives me my energy back. Also you might want to fisit the Face Book page Foods for Fibromyalgia. Lots of support there.

Have a good night ladies... Still bouncing between 168-170 and am happy! I have been maintaining since mid June and dropping a little. First time in years I have NOT bounced back uo! This time it is a permanent change. DD works! Well we do the work! His theory is Right On!!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Amazinggrace- glad to see you still here! We missed you... Don't stress about not being on plan-stress can drive you to eat the wrong choices... you are not gaining & that is a good thing! Relax, when things get better & you can get back to plan, it will work for you, we are here still pulling for you!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Faithful.
Stilldews..thanks for sharing...keep up the good work!
Becky...hope you get your motivation back...you can do it!

Happy Birthday Amber!!! Hope you had a great day!
Old 09-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

I'm looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow. Been in the bathroom a lot today. Tomorrow will be 7 full days and I have to decide if i want to go till 10 days on the attack phase or start cruise phase on Tuesday. Went to a minor league baseball game today....watched everyone else get pretzels and cotton candy and cheese fries and I had a bottle of water and that was it. There was no way I was going to ruin what I got started. I am really trying to make Dukan a way of life. Good Luck everyone!
Helen
Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Phaedra, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in the area affected by the wildfires. Texas has sure gotten hit hard. Taking care of yourself is important right now. A few days of PP should get you back on track.

For those of you looking for recipes, the best site I have found is Dukanitout. com. There are new recipes posted almost everyday. She uses a few items that are on the tolerated only list, but overall some really good ideas.

I made jalapeno poppers today: Slice the ends off 12 jalapeno peppers. Slice lengthwise through one side and then use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and lining. (wear gloves) Stuff with fat free cream cheese. Top with a little low fat or fat free shredded cheddar. I used the Weight Watcher kind. Then wrap in turkey bacon and secure with toothpick. Put in 350 oven about 20 minutes, turning once during cooking or can be cooked in a skillet until bacon is crisp on all sides. Really wakes up your mouth!

Last edited by stilldews; 09-19-2011 at 02:09 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 04:45 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Stilldews:Thank you for your suppot. I know I'll feel better if I get back on track.The site Dukanitout is awesome.Thanks for posting it.

Faithfull. Thank you for your prayers I and the entire Bastrop,Texas community appreciate them.

Day one ATTACK........

9/19/11 wt=180.4
Old 09-19-2011, 05:14 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Another good site that has many Dukan friendly recipes is eatinglow .com. Amy has lots of low carb, low fat recipes and videos. Some may need a little adapting to make them legal, but most are OK as is.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:40 AM   #176

Girls so much going on I cant keep up!!!!!

Had a good B-day OMG I was 201.8 today, I am dying I am getting so close, I want to be there, I ate so bad yesterday and lost weight maybe I dont eat enough and that is why when I do I lose? It has taken me almost a month to lose 2 freaking pounds! Ughghg so now I am torn what to eat, so I am thinking low carb and low fat this week and maybe I can get another 3 pounds off!

Me and Tony are 3 pounds apart this morning, he weighed 198 I weighed 201, amazing when I think I was 140 pounds heavier than him when we met, LOL People probably thought I was stealing his food, LOL

So I am doing some Dukie this week, lots of FF dairy for the carbs to work out I think!

Oh yum, FF cottage cheese my fav!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Bejewel-please eat LOTS of the right food... If you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode & WILL NOT let the weight go. I am thrilled you had a winderful day! You deserve it! I remember when I was close to the 200 goal...years back but I thougt it would never get here...it did! & it will for you! Now it is 10lb incriments!

If you like eggs & cottage cheese add them in once or twice a
day to get your metabolism kicked into higher gear. Scrambled eggs with salsa is definitely allowed! I can do them twice a day to get mine going!

Helen, when you go to those things, don't deprive yourself. Pack something to take either PP or PV... There are lots of munchies you can take if you will be a little creative. I won't make suggestions because I modified Dukan to fit my body & I am sometimes way "outside the box". I AM POSITIVE others will pop up with some really neat suggestions for you. ~ to deprive yourself at games is not good for the mental side but in a way good as it makes us more determined. A little planning ahead will make games & outings more enjoyable & livin' life is what helps us meet our goals.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 09-19-2011 at 08:45 AM..
Old 09-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #178

I keep trying to stay within a 20% caloric deficit but I think all my exercise burns more than I think, so that is why I think I am not eating maybe as much as I should be, I try to eat about 1800 calories, 6-300 calorie meals spread out 3 hours apart, it is a royal PIA but it is suppose to help stoke your metabolism.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning all. 200.5 today. I didn't have a clean week by a long shot so I am happy with any loss. Hope I can stay on track this week.

Amber you have done an awesome job!! I wouldn't add more calories if I were you. I think you are just perfect and the 6 small meals a day will work. It is your body though and you may know best.

Helen I would start Cruise on Tues. if I were you. I think a week of PP is plenty for anyone. Just add lower carb veggies in slowly and you should be fine.

Phaedra so glad to see you back. Do you dig my Elvis dude?

I need tuna and yogurt so guess I should think about getting out today.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #180

Becky you will be below 200 again in no time, that gives me hope that if I blow up in Vegas maybe it will come off quickly!